Skullgirls SRK wiki project

Comments

• PizzarinoPizzarino Pikachu gave his life for science Joined: Posts: 420
    Thanks for the input. The pushblocking stuff has been revised.

I really like listing all the total team healths. It's really the most important thing to think about when matching up uneven teams. Look at CVS1!
    SRK Skullgirls Wiki: Do it for the children
  • jmzjmz bears are powerful, me too. Joined: Posts: 82
    Hey Pizzarino, are you coming with any playtest science tomorrow for WNF? /crosses fingers

sorry for off topic =X
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    Wow! I didn't checking wiki for a while and it's growing!
    Good job, Pizzarino!

And if you looking for new unrevealed characters, how about this bad boy? There was even little something you can consider gameplay mechanic.

I really REALLY hope he is SG character and will be playable eventually. Because people who can put him in but decided not to are traitors of all cool that can be found in videogames. :rock:
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
  • worldjem7worldjem7 Seven World Jems Joined: Posts: 544
    Yeah, I should be bringing Skullgirls to WNF tonight. The technology is up to you :O

I don't want to make more tentative character pages, but others are welcome to. The characters already up there ones up there are most likely to be DLC. There's no real indication that TJ Jack Black McLobostein is even in the Skullgirls universe from the forum posts I'm seeing. Same goes for Aura/Gas Girl and Nanocyst.

I like that first chart I will add it soon. Thanks!
  • JakeWasHereJakeWasHere FGC N3wb Joined: Posts: 296
    TJ Jack Black McLobostein

I need to make this a username somewhere.
    I made a SkullGirls Damage Scaling calculator in excel. Not sure how you could implement this into the wiki, but I thought it would be nice to share.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtQ_t4ERdHBLdHpOU0JRd2tSekt1ZVdzSHc3LUdtUWc
    Minimum damage is 1 point, but per hit the minimum is 15% of base damage for hits under 1000 base damage, and 25% for base damage of 1000+. Damage scaling is flat 85% per hit after the 2nd hit.

I also have info for how recoverable damage works.
    Red health recovers at 1% of your total life per second, actually one-half a percent per 30 frames, starting 90 frames after being offscreen.

This too for how cancelling works.
    Cancelling rules are universal - normals to specials on whiff anytime, specials to supers on whiff on during startup/active frames, and chains only on hit.
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,063 mod
    Yeah, I should be bringing Skullgirls to WNF tonight. The technology is up to you :O

Do me a favor:

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU AND WHOEVER ARE COMMENTATING ON STREAM ARE SILENT AS HELL WHEN SOMEONE'S PLAYING MS FORTUNE.

Please :3
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
    What's the link to the stream?
  • Firekid2468Firekid2468 Keep the Flag Flying Joined: Posts: 922
    What's the link to the stream?

To WNF? http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/

No guarantee it'll actually be on stream though. >_>
    BB: Makoto, Noel
    MvC3: X-23/Wesker/Strider
    SG: Filia/Squigly/M. Fortune
    RTSD all day, erry day.
    Ms. Fortune's move list has been updated with official move names and quotes. Can you wrap your head around that one?

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/MsFortune

All kinds of stuff is in the game systems guide now. I can't wrap my head around that...

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/SG_GameSystems
    For this part: "Damage scales as the combo gets longer."

For moves that do over 999 damage, the damage prorates to the lowest point at the 11th hit.
    For moves that do under 1000 damage, the damage prorates to the lowest point at the 14th hit.

So, if you're doing a combo and it ends up being like 20-30 hits, all those attacks will already have been prorated for sure by the 14th hit.

You could give me credit for the chart at least. :sad:

Otherwise, good job on keeping the wiki updated! :tup:
  • stickystainesstickystaines Joined: Posts: 835
    So, if you're doing a combo and it ends up being like 20-30 hits, all those attacks will already have been prorated for sure by the 14th hit.
    If we are talking in maximum proration possible then yes. We would have to see what the average damage is for a standard combo up until the max proration point. If im right in understanding this, you could also reach max proration between the 11th and 14th depending on some moves in the combo doing 1000 or above and some doing less between 0 and 14 hits?
    Added your name in the caption. No worries.

Nobody really has credit for anything right now. The MVC3 guide doesn't have signatures in it but the ST guide does, so I guess it's a style choice. The advanced tactics section in the character pages will be left blank until the game is out. Signatures would be fine in there for those who find the technology and can write it down or make a video on it first.
    If we are talking in maximum proration possible then yes. We would have to see what the average damage is for a standard combo up until the max proration point. If im right in understanding this, you could also reach max proration between the 11th and 14th depending on some moves in the combo doing 1000 or above and some doing less between 0 and 14 hits?

Actually, no. The first 2 hits are 100% damage, then the 3rd hit is 85% of the base damage of the move used, then it's 85% of 85% of the base damage of the move used for the 4th hit, and so on and so forth. It's a flat proration rate, making it easy to calculate.

I've updated my Damage Scaling Calculator I posted earlier with an example combo (of which you can edit to test out how a combo would play out). This shows how much damage a move would do if it were a certain hit number in a combo and any hit will always do the same damage when it's a certain number in a combo.

So a base damage 400 will always do 109 if it's the 10th hit, 93 if it's the 11th hit, and 79 if it's the 12th and so on.

Feel free to edit the numbers in the orange boxes to try out different number combinations for combos.

Thank you! I (still) really appreciate you giving me credit.

Edit: ok, NOW people should be able to edit the file on google docs. I set the wrong permissions to "edit." And the code didn't copy over for the example combo for some reason, so that's fixed now too.
    Major update: first attempt at explaining infinite prevention.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/SG_GameSystems#The_Infinite_Prevention_System

Minor update: move list tables re-done and not completely worthless on IE.
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    I have minor correction: while doing her AA throw Bella shouts "I'll slap you... Senseless!" not "Silly!". I'm pretty much sure about it.
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    Minor correction:
    "s.LP > s.LP > s.MP > s.HP xx qcf+MP - The 10th loop, starting with s.MP"

the end "s.MP" should be "s.LP"

Maybe change: "Moves with Chains Infinitely do not trigger IPS." to "Moves that chain infinitely do not trigger IPS." for clarity, or put quotation marks around "Chains Infinitely" to denote that you're using it as a noun.

And this actually confused me: "When a team goes under 20% health, it does not get 5 levels of meter and immunity to the IPS."

When I first read it, I thought it was true, but didn't believe it, so I looked at the source link and reread it and it denies instead of confirms. Maybe just leave this out to keep all info on what's in the game instead of what's not in it.
    Excellebella = I think she can say both. She can also say "Gotcha!" I'm just picking the quote I like the most, to be honest. Either way this could have easily changed I will check it again soon.

Correction = Yes.

Chains Infinitely = This is the "rapid fire" property from other games. It's special and different from other self chaining normals (like most jabs) that can only chain to themselves twice. Cerbella's j.LP is the only thing that can Chain Infinitely so far.

Comeback mechanic = Official Mike Z troll.
    Where did the new scaling update come from?
    I'm starting to add damage values to the character pages. Filia has been updated and should be complete. Thanks for making that calculator!

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/Filia
    I don't know where you get those nifty icons for Throw.png and Airok.png and stuff, but I edited some of them together to make one for Throwonhit.png, Sweep.png, and Slide.png since you didn't have them yet.
  • Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,285
    They were already on the SRK wiki, I believe James Chen made them.
    I wish I knew how he made them, or what he used to make them, I had to edit together the existing ones to make those. lol
    Painwheel has an updated page. The move list has accurate motions and names for all of her moves as seen in the last WNF stream.

Filia, Parasoul, and Peacock have all seen character page updates as well. The basic mechanics table is inspired by James Chen's recent UMVC3 updates. The formatting for describing move specific details was changed to something closer to the KOF13 guide. I'm gradually adding new descriptions and details to all character pages and I'm keeping Filia as the most complete/example page. She has the simplest and shortest move list.
    I don't know where you get those nifty icons for Throw.png and Airok.png and stuff, but I edited some of them together to make one for Throwonhit.png, Sweep.png, and Slide.png since you didn't have them yet.

You are beast and I thank you.
    These might be a bit long for icons, but here's a few more. throwStartupinv.png hitStartupinv.png Groundknockdown.png Airknockdown.png
    Thanks again. You are right about those being a bit long. I think a few good short ones would be:

Invincibility
    Chains 2x
    Chains 3x

Maybe a bit longer but maybe useful ones that no guide has yet:

Uses 1 Super Meter
    Uses 3 Super Meters
    Uses 5 Super Meters
    Thanks again. You are right about those being a bit long. I think a few good short ones would be:

Invincibility
    Chains 2x
    Chains 3x

Maybe a bit longer but maybe useful ones that no guide has yet:

Uses 1 Super Meter
    Uses 3 Super Meters
    Uses 5 Super Meters
    There are 5? O_o Are we still talking about SG? Only 5m super I heard about is Duck Phoenix Rises...
    Chains 3x, level 5 supers, triple jumps, jump cancelable normals, and more than 2 way air dashes are properties/systems that are not in the game but I feel have a high chance of showing up with future characters. I "feel" this way because nobody has said no yet and those things show up in other games. Invincibility is a generic one for moves that are invincible through more than just the start up, like Fortune's level 3. It can also be used for moves that are conditionally invincible, like Peacocks qcf+MP invincibility to throws.

Maybe someone should make a Chains 4x symbol. SF4 Yun's page might need that.
    If I knew how the originals were made, I'd go off and do everything, but right now I'm just mashing up the ones I find on the SRK wiki. I'd be able to make "Invuln." into "Invulnerable" and would probably be able to make something like "Two Chain" and "Three Chain" but, putting numbers in it would be very tricky because I would pretty much have to edit the whole number itself from other letters, and I'm not sure I'd be able to pull it off convincingly.
  • MasterBPMasterBP Joined: Posts: 13
    Just want to point out that the last sentence of painwheels bio has somehow wound up being the last sentence of valentines bio as well.
    Thanks for your contributions!

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/Painwheel

Updated again with her recently revealed level 3 super.

The Game Systems page was long enough to break up into two pages, so I did.

Squigly and Umbrella have a bit more info added.

To do list:
    Fun stuff pages: Stages, Combo Counter, anything else
    In a nutshell for Painwheel and Fortune
    Complete move explanations for Cerebella, Peacock, Fortune
    Damage or Painwheel
    Written explanation for character states
    Written explanation for the different kinds of hit boxes/hurt boxes
    More Valentine info
    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/Painwheel

Updated again with her recently revealed level 3 super.
    There are 3 lvl 1s on her page. Was that a typo or is she just haven't lvl 3?
    It is indeed a level 3!

If reading through these pages makes you want to fix typos, add links to references, or any fun activities like that I encourage you to submit a wiki account request. If you have any resume at all throw that in there and it will probably be enough for them to know you're taking it seriously and grant you access to editing.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Special:RequestAccount
    Like, ANY resume? like ones you would use for getting a job somewhere? or a specific kind of resume that would relate more to having an account on SRK wiki?
  • Dr. GrammarDr. Grammar Fighting Game Scientist Joined: Posts: 1,726
    You don't have to upload any resume. I think they basically just use that form to prevent bots from registering.
    #SFxT @ Rizon - It's better than SRK
    The greater point is if you fill it out and look like a person who can read and write, you're good to go.
    How long does it take to find out if your request was accepted or denied?

Also, I'm pretty sure Gregor Samson is AirOK.
    Took me about a week.

Gregor Samson fixed!

New detail added to Painwheel's Hatred Install. Timer length is a function of Painwheel's total health, with 660f at full health and 1300f at 1 health.
    With the G4 reveal, I've added as much stuff as I can for Valentine without getting in trouble.