The Current State of the World and US (updated first post)

1254255257259260278

Comments

  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,739
    Sooner or later every society fails.

    It does, but why riak accelerating the downfall with a system proven to not work?

    This is the same reasonings drug addicts, or people who engage in stupid behavior use. YOLO. not saying you advoovate this, but it sounds like it.

    ---

    So wilders lost the election in denmark. However, it wouldnt have mattered if he had ine, because tge communists would have blocked anything to begin with. It seems the globalist really are doubling down on failed policy amd are risking actual violence. Not suprised.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

    Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,524
    No I don't advocate that.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Dime_xDime_x Wasting time Joined: Posts: 9,738
    edited March 20
    I support globalism, in theory.

    It makes perfect sense:

    Instead of having different countries fighting against each other... have one country.

    Perfect sense.

    But there are huge problems that come with it:

    1.What countries policy will this globalism take after?

    China's? Americas? Saudi arabias? This is an important question.

    2. How do we get everyone else to globalise?

    War is the easiest answer, but it will lead to billions dying violent deaths, and will offer a a very shitty foundation with which to base our future society on.

    Taking over via money systems like the Rockefellers or Rothschilds or whoever, is also terrible as it sets up an oligarchy or kingdom where the rich make decisions for everyone else, and that is almost always going to be in service of the rich themselves.

    3. Even if everything works out and we get a good system of government and good leaders... not everyone wants their hand forced. I love burgers. But I like making the decision of when I want to eat burgers. I don't want some asshole coming in my house when I'm not hungry and have just eaten my fill of greasy burgers... to tell me that now for the rest of my life... I will have to eat that same greasy burger for the rest of my life.

    So while globalism makes sense in many way and is on the outside a good idea, I'm looking for it to happen at a natural pace, not a forced one.

    We are already heavy globalised anyways so there's no need to speed things up, we will get there one way or another as long as we don't go apocalyptic and kill everyone.
    Post edited by Dime_x on
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 990
    Globalism works about as well as any wealth distribution system will... The world is globalized but not nearly in a way that can support all humans, cover wealth disparity and not cause a drastic shift in chaste that'll result in anger.

    Geographically and skill wise in industry nations and societies are not created equal. A baseline utopia can't exist if not all parties are on board. Wars have happened over lesser ideologies.
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Raij1n wrote: »
    Globalism works about as well as any wealth distribution system will... The world is globalized but not nearly in a way that can support all humans, cover wealth disparity and not cause a drastic shift in chaste that'll result in anger.

    Geographically and skill wise in industry nations and societies are not created equal. A baseline utopia can't exist if not all parties are on board. Wars have happened over lesser ideologies.
    I agree and I think this is why the ideas behind globalism are so dangerous. Sure it could work in theory, but I don't see any way for it to possibly work without culling the bottom tier population of the entire earth. I also suspect the governing body of a globalist entire earth nation would look much more like the USSR and a whole lot less like Switzerland. I do not see anyway for that many different people will be ruled unless the leader is an absolute Dictator.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

    Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • FreezingCicadaFreezingCicada Joined: Posts: 547
    Dime_x wrote: »
    I support globalism, in theory.

    It makes perfect sense:

    Instead of having different countries fighting against each other... have one country.

    Perfect sense.

    But there are huge problems that come with it:

    1.What countries policy will this globalism take after?

    China's? Americas? Saudi arabias? This is an important question.

    2. How do we get everyone else to globalise?

    War is the easiest answer, but it will lead to billions dying violent deaths, and will offer a a very shitty foundation with which to base our future society on.

    Taking over via money systems like the Rockefellers or Rothschilds or whoever, is also terrible as it sets up an oligarchy or kingdom where the rich make decisions for everyone else, and that is almost always going to be in service of the rich themselves.

    3. Even if everything works out and we get a good system of government and good leaders... not everyone wants their hand forced. I love burgers. But I like making the decision of when I want to eat burgers. I don't want some asshole coming in my house when I'm not hungry and have just eaten my fill of greasy burgers... to tell me that now for the rest of my life... I will have to eat that same greasy burger for the rest of my life.

    So while globalism makes sense in many way and is on the outside a good idea, I'm looking for it to happen at a natural pace, not a forced one.

    We are already heavy globalised anyways so there's no need to speed things up, we will get there one way or another as long as we don't go apocalyptic and kill everyone.

    The global model would be China. You can see it with the way countries in Europe would demolish old buildings. castles and churches/ cathedrals for apartment complexes. Imagine the Chinese ghost cities.
    Globalism is in no shape or form a "good idea".
    As you stated it will lack choice and will have bureaucracies saying who gets what and what to do. From whats happening in Venezuela, you DO NOT want government officials regulating the means of production.

    The counter to globalism is...Nationalism. There is nothing wrong with who or what you are or where you came from. So why would anyone want to throw that away for some unified crap?
    Ideally, is what I'm saying. I like people, the differences of culture, language, ideas, etc. There will always be differences between people and you cant convince anyone to think or say but that isnt an excuse to be disobedient.

    What I'm ultimately saying is that civility can happen within nationalism that isnt like Nazi Germany but a different model.
    A capitalist model where there is largely free trade in a competitive environment.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,792
    Rhio2k wrote: »
    Raij1n wrote: »
    Globalism works about as well as any wealth distribution system will... The world is globalized but not nearly in a way that can support all humans, cover wealth disparity and not cause a drastic shift in chaste that'll result in anger.

    Geographically and skill wise in industry nations and societies are not created equal. A baseline utopia can't exist if not all parties are on board. Wars have happened over lesser ideologies.

    Utopia's, by definition, CAN'T exist. The word literally means "place that doesn't exist". Idiots risk destroying what stability they have trying to achieve the impossible. Simple human nature and aggressive, hostile ideologies make utopias impossible.

    Utopians are some of the most dangerous people alive.

    Their core belief is a rejection of observable reality & known human nature.

    This is why you get the constant "but that wasn't real Communism" from Communist idiots. They're just arguing that THEY could be fair & equitable beyond all human reasoning unlike every other time it's been tried. It's a level of narcissistic detachment from reality & lack of self-awareness so severe it literally leads directly to the deaths of millions every time it's taken to its end point.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • Dime_xDime_x Wasting time Joined: Posts: 9,738
    I think you are a bit naive to think that we won't be a globalist population in 100-150 years. In many ways we already are.

    I'm not saying anything about utopia either. That's dumb. The criminal element of human nature is parasitic, parasites use whomever is closest to them. Irish fight Irish, blacks fight other blacks, some Amazonian tribe in the amazon has the biggest worry of being beat up or disciplined by the people they live with.

    Globalism isn't about utopia or some such, it's about the fact that as technology increases people have more and better access to each other and therefor cultures and people start to intersect and take on one another's beliefs. Travel to other countries is getting easier. Speaking to other people is getting easier. The world economy is already a thing.


    Even if I wanted it, I don't think our natural progression to a globalist state can be stopped any more than we can stop technology from advancing and bringing people together.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes You dun fked it up Capcom. Again. Joined: Posts: 7,068
    Interaction of trade and discourse between peoples is perfectly fine. However, forcing radically different cultures to abide under the same rules from an internal bureaucracy breeds problems. The EU is starting to have these problems as it takes on Eastern European countries, alienating older members such as Britain and Denmark.
  • NinetiesArcadeNinetiesArcade Joined: Posts: 1,310
    Anyone else watched PBS' Frontline eps last night? Excellent investigative reporting imo.

    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/iraq-uncovered/

    Much respect to Frontline journalists; they really put their life on the line to get the story.
    =============================================================
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of the most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki
  • Dime_xDime_x Wasting time Joined: Posts: 9,738
    pedoviejo wrote: »
    Globalism as defined is not as it is. Therefore i reject globalism.

    Globalism muddies civic principles and the philosophies on which nations are built. I therefore reject globalism.

    Globalism consolidates power with a select few, and makes it impossible remove a political tumor without risking civilization. Therefore i reject globalism.
    I've never looked up the definition of globalism, even now as I write this I haven't looked it up.

    But I don't put much power behind dictionary definitions... look up feminism and see that they say it means equality.

    As far as to much power in to few people hands... I see that as a yes and no. Take the US, it's a country. There are but a few people that run it and they have lots of power.

    A global country would basically be the same thing. The US (or china or whoever... hopefully an amalgamation of the best ideas from multiple countries) would basically be a ruling set of ideas and government. It wouldn't be perfect, it would have mishaps, people would still fight, but it is basically progress in a nutshell.

    The same way it's predicted that white and black and this race and that race will eventually be gone because everyone has intermixed, as technology gets better and better and moving from country to country and culture to culture becomes easier and easier... a global structure will be the eventuality unless we are hit with a cataclysm that reduces population and/or technology.


    But as I wrote the first post I realised that I'm probably OT anyways. I'm talking about wha could happen or probably will happen but not what has happened, and this is the "current" state of the world, not what happens when theory meets forum.

    So with that I bow out of the discussion. Only time will tell and we aren't there yet.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,722
    Posting by mobile so I can't give too much info right now but there was just a terrorist attack in London. A police officer was stabbed and between 4-12 pedestrians were run down by a car. An eye witness said there was at least 8 people hit by the car.

    Fortunately the assailant was shot and I think caught.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

    XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

    Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3, Rare Replay
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 990
    U.K. Parliament Attacker Shot; Mayhem on Westminster Bridge - The New York Times
    https://apple.news/Ae3_4kNFrRkO-Naq1PUBVHA
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    People will be back at work tomorrow... London dont stop for shit. R.I.P top the woman and I prayers out the people who got hurt.
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,722
    4 have died including the assailant, apparently there may be 2 other terrorists still around.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

    XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

    Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3, Rare Replay
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,576
    That Muslim mayor is gonna see pitchforks, I'd bet.

    This kind of thing is why people voted for closed borders and Brexit.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,792
    BTW, Nunes just confirmed Trump Transition team was under surveillance.

    So...yyyyyeah. Wiretapped, yo.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • JavidJavid When will all this end? Joined: Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Looks like the terrorist are getting what they want:



    Yeah the senseless killing of innocent people is a great time to push your agenda...

    ...

    Avatar by Savaii64
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,761
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    BTW, Nunes just confirmed Trump Transition team was under surveillance.

    So...yyyyyeah. Wiretapped, yo.

    Um they been under surveillance since july. Surveillance still is not wiretapping. He also said data was collected legally. He also said the names were redacted, but that he could figure out who was who

    He also compromised his own investigation and destroyed any credibility he had to give trump pretty much nothing
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,761
    Wasted wrote: »
    That Muslim mayor is gonna see pitchforks, I'd bet.

    This kind of thing is why people voted for closed borders and Brexit.

    The attacker was a white guy
  • Core SeriesCore Series My work is done here. Joined: Posts: 614
    A white SJW, Beta, Blue Pill, Feminist cuck? Probably nailed it.
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,713
    It's more likely that they were just another "lone wolf" like Jo Cox's killer.
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,576
    edited March 23
    dab00g wrote: »
    Wasted wrote: »
    That Muslim mayor is gonna see pitchforks, I'd bet.

    This kind of thing is why people voted for closed borders and Brexit.

    The attacker was a white guy

    No statement has been released yet, and initial reports describe him as "Asian"; which in the UK is politically correct for "Arabic or Middle Eastern".

    It's completely possible that he was white, but London is already making their assumptions based on similar attacks. They don't care what his race is, as they're already blaming the Muslims.

    In any case, Sadiq has blood on his hands after saying terror is part and parcel of big city life.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,792
    dab00g wrote: »
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    BTW, Nunes just confirmed Trump Transition team was under surveillance.

    So...yyyyyeah. Wiretapped, yo.

    Um they been under surveillance since july. Surveillance still is not wiretapping. He also said data was collected legally. He also said the names were redacted, but that he could figure out who was who

    He also compromised his own investigation and destroyed any credibility he had to give trump pretty much nothing

    What is "wiretapping"?

    :shake:
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,576
    http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/khalid-masood-named-by-london-police-as-man-behind-terror-attack/news-story/6b6c2f278acb705d3f427f07dba17b8b

    London attacker was a Muslim convert with a history of violence and convictions.

    He used a rental car to commit the attack.

    ISIS has claimed him as one of their own (but I don't see evidence of an actual connection - they like to take credit).
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,574
    The tolerance of terrorism is exactly what leads to this. You are not only doing British people a disservice by inviting people despite the risks, but the people that have left those countries to escape these people are done a disservice as well.

    Why leave a dangerous neighborhood if your entire neighborhood moves where you go?
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,792
    The tolerance of terrorism is exactly what leads to this. You are not only doing British people a disservice by inviting people despite the risks, but the people that have left those countries to escape these people are done a disservice as well.

    Why leave a dangerous neighborhood if your entire neighborhood moves where you go?

    It's like these idiots think you could uproot the entire middle east, transplant it to Europe and BOOM! Suddenly no more problems.

    Complete insanity. An absolute refusal to accept basic reality.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wasted wrote: »
    http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/khalid-masood-named-by-london-police-as-man-behind-terror-attack/news-story/6b6c2f278acb705d3f427f07dba17b8b

    London attacker was a Muslim convert with a history of violence and convictions.

    He used a rental car to commit the attack.

    ISIS has claimed him as one of their own (but I don't see evidence of an actual connection - they like to take credit).

    So looking at the article, was he homegrown? Born in the UK?
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,722
    Wasted wrote: »
    http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/khalid-masood-named-by-london-police-as-man-behind-terror-attack/news-story/6b6c2f278acb705d3f427f07dba17b8b

    London attacker was a Muslim convert with a history of violence and convictions.

    He used a rental car to commit the attack.

    ISIS has claimed him as one of their own (but I don't see evidence of an actual connection - they like to take credit).

    So looking at the article, was he homegrown? Born in the UK?

    He was born in Britain, yes. Scanning the articles it seems he was a Islam convert.

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3152290/khalid-masood-london-terror-attacker-knifeman-parliament-westminster/

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/23/birmingham-neighbour-khalid-masood-winson-green

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/23/london-attack-everything-know-khalid-masood/
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

    XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

    Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3, Rare Replay
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,576
    edited March 24
    Born in the UK. Have not heard of his ancestry. He converted to Islam and was radicalised that way.

    I don't see the relevance of where he was born anyway. Being born in the UK doesn't absolve him of becoming radicalised.

    On the other hand, if he was a second-generation immigrant, he would have been more likely to be radical anyway.

    One way or the other, radicalisation is the real problem. Mass immigration has allowed radical Islam to spread and claim homegrown citizens.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,761
    edited March 24
    The tolerance of terrorism is exactly what leads to this. You are not only doing British people a disservice by inviting people despite the risks, but the people that have left those countries to escape these people are done a disservice as well.

    Why leave a dangerous neighborhood if your entire neighborhood moves where you go?
    He was a white convert who had a lot of jail time

    Again the most dangerous threats are domestic threats

    He was british before he was muslim. So like...

    If it wasn't radical islam he could have been got by the ira

    Religious Terror groups prey on weak minded

    Bet he got converted in prison
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,576
    edited March 24
    He wasn't white. Pictures from the scene and eyewitnesses confirm he was "Asian", meaning Arabic/Indian/Middle Eastern/Pakistani.

    The IRA is mostly considered defunct in Britain nowadays.

    Most terrorism in Europe is due to radical Islam.

    You're correct in that homegrown threats are the biggest threats, but Islam isn't a native ideology to Britain. Its an import.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,761
    edited March 24
    But the threat is domestic

    Like in the us all of the attacks were by americans

    Domestic threats are more of a threat than foreign agents

    I am all for those radical mosques and those uber christian churches who bomb planned parenthood getting uprooted and destroyed

    Remember that white dude who moderated a hip hop forum then joined al quaeda? Like how are these idiots getting convinced to go radical? These are the 4channers willing to do mass killing for the lulz
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    While i don't like generalizing people/religion, i certainly dislike how the media makes any form of rant against islam to be on the same context as racism. Being in disagreement with Islam doesn't make someone as bad as a racist because islam is a belief, point of view, maybe even a philosophy to some.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,576
    dab00g wrote: »
    But the threat is domestic

    Like in the us all of the attacks were by americans

    Domestic threats are more of a threat than foreign agents

    I am all for those radical mosques and those uber christian churches who bomb planned parenthood getting uprooted and destroyed

    Remember that white dude who moderated a hip hop forum then joined al quaeda? Like how are these idiots getting convinced to go radical? These are the 4channers willing to do mass killing for the lulz

    The radicalisation is happening due to exposure to *foreign* ideologies. Ideas that are imported either by their parents (making them second generation immigrants), or by other members of their faith.

    The threat isn't the people who are getting radicalised. They're the symptom, and the product of the greater, foreign problem.

    These domestic attackers are becoming attackers due to outside influence. It's not a matter of passing these events off as just random acts of domestic terrorism.

    They're not dudes who just suddenly snap and decide to attack for no reason.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,761
    Nah these attackers are usually unhinged individuals who lack common sense and through use of slick talk or through manipulation by false promises

    There are plenty of good muslims out there. There are plenty of shitty muslims.

    There are very shitty christians who want to take away from the poor because "fuck the poor!"

    There are christian militias intent on destroying america from within because they are sovereign citizens

    Like any detrimental ideology can be accepted and parroted

    Look at the maga movement
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,576
    edited March 24
    Of course there's plenty of good Muslims. All crime is committed by a minority.

    Difference between Muslim extremism and other idealogies is the degree to which the former is integrated into world societies.

    On one hand, we know the Christian militias are radicals and we laugh at them because they usually lack the guts to do anything.

    On the other, we have people like Recep Erdogan telling European Muslims to have five kids and breed out the natives.

    Because in his own words, Islam is the future of Europe.

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/raging-president-erdogan-urges-turks-10048524

    What we call "radical", is slowly becoming normal.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,549
    Wasted wrote: »
    http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/khalid-masood-named-by-london-police-as-man-behind-terror-attack/news-story/6b6c2f278acb705d3f427f07dba17b8b

    London attacker was a Muslim convert with a history of violence and convictions.

    He used a rental car to commit the attack.

    ISIS has claimed him as one of their own (but I don't see evidence of an actual connection - they like to take credit).

    It's impossible to stop terrorism. Global war on terrorism is the same as global war on drugs.

    See, anyone can use a car or any other vehicle to inflict mass casualties...
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,576
    Impossible to stop, not impossible to reduce.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Core SeriesCore Series My work is done here. Joined: Posts: 614
    pedoviejo wrote: »
    I remeber qhen people made the argument that if you took guns away prople where gonna start using cars amd knives, and people who where anti gun scoffed and ridiculed people who used that argument.

    Lofl
    Super rich, elite gangsters use acid baths to dissolve bodies into indiscernible goo. Murder isn't even illegal for them, only frowned upon.
    Keep that in mind and try not to buy into the hysteria.