The Current State of the World and US (updated first post)

1255256257258259261»

Comments

• CyntalanCyntalan HERE COMES THE STAPLER!!!! Joined: Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Missed the point entirely. :coffee:
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,235
    edited April 18
    That's the kind of post I wouldn't even put in the random section, you could bind it on your favorite hotkeys!
    If you paypal me 5$ I'll tell you how to. :tup:

[e] It's all in good sports, I'm just tired of political discussions whenever I ask for something I get the most generic answer any bot could give.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    So... you're just going to keep doubling down on such idiocy?

k. :tup:

• IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,747
    Abbachio wrote: »
    Iduno wrote: »
    Woo new election time for England time to pick between a bunch of fucking idiots and a bunch of fucking assholes.

Think like a mini US election but with less threatening war against Russia and more choice between having workers rights get fucked or national security get fucked.

I don't want the Tories to win but they're gonna take it by a landslide. Labour is fucked, >LibDems, people have been losing faith in SNP and the Green Party is... well the Green Party.

Oh yeah I forgot UKIP exist lol I'm sure they'll win a seat.

Can't wait for 18-24 year olds who didn't vote to protest when the Conservatives win, again.

The trouble is who else do we reasonably have?

I don't want the tories again either but Corbin is a fucking nutjob and I can't trust the lib dems anymore after the coalition.

Really the protests would be justified if they were just done under the banner of all 3 major partys being shit.

It's like the US election lite, our supposed wildcard is less offensive and our business cronies are slightly less crooked but we're still voting on the amount of lube we get assfucked with rather than having an option which doesn't involve getting fucked over.

It's the first time since I was able to vote that I'm actually considering not voting simply because I can't find a candidate I don't hate.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    edited April 18
    The trouble is who else do we reasonably have?

I don't want the tories again either but Corbin is a fucking nutjob and
    Up to this day I'm still wondering how Corbyn could happen... like. Really. How? Isn't he like... way off to the left?
    Looks like a mess under his "leadership".
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,697
    edited April 18
    Cyntalan wrote: »
    One day, ElderGOD, you must realize that your only hope is to regurgitate until you're blue in the face. People have troubles with both research AND attention span. It may just be easier to grab links of your own posts and save 'em somewhere to copy/paste whenever someone insists upon your regurgitation.

Admittedly, that'll only then cause them to respond, almost verbatim, with whatever the posts that followed did, thus you'll also need the responses you made to them originally also on-hand to regurgitate THEM, as with the above postulation, they will be unable to bother with the chain of discussion that follows and instead continue with the same rhetoric.

Some people are too dumb and not worth repeating stuff to.

When you take the time to present someone with facts and all they can do is skip all the facts and only read the last line then they are too ignorant to further respond to.

Let the ignorant close their eyes and stick their head in the sand if it helps them sleep at night.

Many people just want to remain in their liberal echo chamber.

God forbid they leave their safety space and delve into a fragment of truth:
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,088
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    ElderGOD wrote: »
    I have little faith in that North Korea would be desperate enough to strike against the US first. I mean, cult of personality and dictatorship aside, they DO realize that in case of an all-out war against basically any other modern country they will get wiped out completely, right?

The intelligent thing for Trump to do would be to have a private meeting with Kim and strike a deal to have him secretly start selling out the people pulling the strings while having Kim still continuing to make threats to stay consistent and not suspicious.

And why would Kim do that? What benefit is there to him to strike a deak with the enemy of the state?
    reh wrote: »
    I have little faith in that North Korea would be desperate enough to strike against the US first. I mean, cult of personality and dictatorship aside, they DO realize that in case of an all-out war against basically any other modern country they will get wiped out completely, right?

This is looking more like An Elephant and Moska with each passing day, with NK being the Moska in this case

You're looking at NK by itself, that's why it makes no sense to you.

Think of NK as just a pawn, it will make more sense.

Look at what is happening in this country and others with all of this anti-Russia anti-Syria propaganda to force war against Russia, Syria, China, etc. NK is another pawn being used as bait.

Attacking NK would be falling for the bait.

The intelligent thing for Trump to do would be to have a private meeting with Kim and strike a deal to have him secretly start selling out the people pulling the strings while having Kim still continuing to make threats to stay consistent and not suspicious.

People like Salman of Saudi Arabia and Soros should start getting exposed.

It's too bad that people didn't want to follow all the bread crumbs that the Clintons and Obama left behind, you would get to see how deep the rabbit hole really goes.

Now I'm really curious, please enlighten us with your knowledge about the war in Syria, the anti-Syria propaganda.
    Please. Or at least tell me. ELI5

Everything that's happening in Syria right now is being done for two simple purposes - one is the removal of a strong leader (was was the case with Ghaddafi in Lybia), so that the country would turn into a terrorist incubator, which would then give the US a reason to start a yet another war (as well as claiming whatever resources the country has, which is mostly oil, since the Middle east is so rich with it and there's still a lot of unexplored ground)

Second is since Putin and Assad are friends, attacking Assad (and his removal from power) would be a big attempt to provoke Russia either openly (by angering Putin), or through an accident (like if the US troops hit the RU troops in the area, or if Hillary succeesed in establishing a no-fly zone and a Russian jet would get shot down, think when same scenario happened between Turkey and Russia but Putin and Erdogan are smart enough to not chew the bait and worked things out with each other)

It's all to spike a bigger war, a global one, one that would expand beyond what is happening in Syria right now (with all the shots and blaming about civillian strikes or chemical attacks or whatever), and which would involve more and more parties as it went by

I.E. it'd be US vs RU, China would join RU, NATO would join US, and boom you've got World War III right there

The question is who would benefit from wiping out basically half of humanity and making most of Earth's surface unfit for living after all the destructio and possible Nuclear fallouts

The us should not want to take nk as that would lead to so much money being drained into a money pit

It is why china doesn't wreck shit in nk, but fat kim is proving to be a wildcard and a liability. The best hope is china pushing a regime change and making nk into a cuban resort style area.

Like that would be best case, but it depends on what trump would offer china in exchange.

Trump being wildcard is also why it is a slipper slope
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Official Urien of the Story Thread Joined: Posts: 2,524
    Breaking: 2 police officers shot dead in Paris in ambush attack.
    "The governance of the ignorant has no bearing on me! I am reason itself!"

"Believe in me, not your gods, for I have transcended them all!"

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • odinodin let off some steam... chloe Joined: Posts: 14,867 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ugh.. Not sure why anyone would want to visit western Europe right now.
    I'm going to Austria, Poland, Czech Reb., Slovakia and quick trip to Hungary in July and don't fret over any of this shit.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 8,994
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Breaking: 2 police officers shot dead in Paris in ambush attack.

Le Pen will get a boost in the polls after this

#MakeParisSafeAgain
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • ParryAllParryAll Dangerous Posts Joined: Posts: 3,028
    Geez 100+ posts in just a day.

So so important to watch: https://www.facebook.com/wearevaxxed/videos/449291925418089/

Also Robert has this in case you're wondering: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spasmodic_dysphonia

Most of us born before 1989 id assume, but this is important to understand and mirrors my views and things I've said (of what I've seen, I haven't watched the whole thing because it's things I already know).
    "Third Strike just has that flow which somehow alienates you from your surroundings and really plugs your brain into the match your playing and your able to comprehend so many different situations and mind games and mixups in such a limited amount of time and all this without even thinking" - Nubilous

"[3rd Strike] makes you feel like the character is an extension of yourself when you get good enough." - AzureWolf

"Street Fighter is now like The Simpsons. It's been bad longer than it's been good." -ParryAll
    odin wrote: »
    Ugh.. Not sure why anyone would want to visit western Europe right now.
    I'm going to Austria, Poland, Czech Reb., Slovakia and quick trip to Hungary in July and don't fret over any of this shit.

As long as you visit the safer areas you should be fine.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 10,823
    Dude was protecting his 2nd Amendment rights, who knew if that
    So now we have terrorists trying to frame other terrorists? What an insane world we live in. :/

He wasnt a terrorist, was some banker who did it, white guy at that. He bought options in the club and hoped a bomb attack would drop the share price so he could make bank.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    edited April 23
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-election-idUSKBN17O0DG
    Sooo looks like it's gonna be the run-off between Macron and Le Pen in France.
    (Some) People already urging their followers to vote against Le Pen, let's wait and see how close that one will actually be.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    edited April 23
    Obama and Hillary interfering in the French election to support Macron and to sabotage Le Pen is proof enough that people shouldn't vote for Macron but France is so brainwashed I wouldn't be surprised if Macron wins.

Then again, interfering in elections and blaming others for something he does is not uncommon for the holy Democrat Obama:
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-admin-sent-taxpayer-money-oust-netanyahu/
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 8,994
    Well if Le Pen loses - RIP France, Paris will become one big warzone
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 23
    Le Pen is France's last change, if she loses then they have lost their nation forever. Might as well empty the Louvre while it is still possible to save the great works.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
    edited April 23
    Paris will become one big warzone
    I guess there's quite the chance for that to happen no matter who's gonna win. :f

Le Pen is just too extreme for some (conservatives, center-right, yaddayadda), so they endorse Macron for the 2nd round in two weeks.
    But the results are still only the projected ones so far, will take some time for the real ones.
    Far left, far right and a centrist making up 60-70% of the votes, quite the ride.
    I just really, really don't expect Le Pen to have great chances in the 2nd round, far right against center/left...

[e] Oh, Fillon already endorsed Macron?
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    edited April 23
    far right against center/left...

You think Macron is center/left?

spicygif.gif
    Where did I say that? Macron is a centrist.
    Fillon and Hamon already called their supporters to back him up.
    In the end they're all like "Well, as long as it's not extreme right..."
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    far right against center/left...

You think Macron is center/left?

spicygif.gif
    Macron is a centrist.

Thanks for clearing that up.

youre_serious_futurama.gif
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Official Urien of the Story Thread Joined: Posts: 2,524
    J-ride wrote: »
    Le Pen is France's last change, if she loses then they have lost their nation forever. Might as well empty the Louvre while it is still possible to save the great works.

Don't let France be another Constantinople.

Germany and Sweden are lost.

Let's go Le Pen!
    "The governance of the ignorant has no bearing on me! I am reason itself!"

"Believe in me, not your gods, for I have transcended them all!"

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
    edited April 23
    pedoviejo wrote: »
    the big irony is that la pen is more centrist than anything since she emobides the french ideals of secularity, nation, culture, and independence. Its absurd that being traditionalist in a country founded by classic liberalism gets people labeld nazi's and far right.

The frankfurt school of though has completely infected and cucked the west beyond repair
    She's certainly less right compared to others, claims herself to be for all people, not really that different from Fillon. The FN got more tame under her.
    Le Pen has some good points for sure, the FN itself is still a no-go for many people remembering her father or the holocaust denier last month etc.pp
    The one thing from Le Pen I really don't like is her idea about favouritism, but guess that's just me.

People just make sure that the FN won't win, like 15 years ago. Maybe.
    I'd expect her to get ~40%, him to gain more from the others' votes, but well.
    Whatever the results may be, hopefull it'll help the others recognizing some major concerns...
    Post edited by reh on
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,261
    the big irony is that la pen is more centrist than anything since she emobides the french ideals of secularity, nation, culture, and independence. Its absurd that being traditionalist in a country founded by classic liberalism gets people labeld nazi's and far right.

The frankfurt school of though has completely infected and cucked the west beyond repair
    She's certainly less right compared to others, claims herself to be for all people, not really that different from Fillon. The FN got more tame under her.
    Le Pen has some good points for sure, the FN itself is still a no-go for many people remembering her father or the holocaust denier last month etc.pp
    The one thing from Le Pen I really don't like is her idea about favouritism, but guess that's just me.

Whatever the results may be, hopefull it'll help the others recognizing some major concerns...

Le Pen oppisition won't recognize those concerns ever. You should already know this, because had they recognized these concerns and done something about it, Le Pen would b a non candinate
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,301
    I don't know. These mother fuckers in france rioted because they were going to take away mandatory vacation time.

La Pen winning would be a miracle in that place.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,261
    I don't know. These mother fuckers in france rioted because they were going to take away mandatory vacation time.

La Pen winning would be a miracle in that place.

Le Pen isn't targeting gibemedats, she's targeting rampant bullshit regarding immigration and the disruption to rightful french hegemony and cultural dominance within France. The entire issue is that she's Nazi light (which doesn't mean shit now in days, way to normalize racism libshits)
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    edited April 24

Le Pen oppisition won't recognize those concerns ever. You should already know this, because had they recognized these concerns and done something about it, Le Pen would b a non candinate
    Was more thinking about it in general and the situation in the EU.
    After the votes in the Netherlands, Austria, Brexit, France etc. you'd think politicians miiiight get the idea. They probably won't.
    Because integration and education works so well, hooray Islamism.

Would've preferred Fillon myself, was surprised that he still got the amount of votes yesterday.
    Post edited by reh on
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,279
    edited April 24
    We need Prince Charles to become King Charles and then the cast of characters have been set. Oh and we need a new Japanese Emperor too.

Where's that popcorn .gif at?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,248
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    We need Prince Charles to become King Charles and then the cast of characters have been set. Oh and we need a new Japanese Emperor too.

Prince Charles isn't inline to become the next King, his son William is.
    Apparently the Queen tired of drama that went around the divorce of Diana, her death and marriage of horse face Camilla.
    Never pay double the retail price
    Darksakul wrote: »

Apparently the Queen tired of drama that went around the divorce of Diana, her death and marriage of horse face Camilla.

Where'd this come from? Last I understood, he's still heir apparent.

• AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,699
    Cyntalan wrote: »

Where'd this come from? Last I understood, he's still heir apparent.

I just checked and you're correct, though I thought William was next in line too, really not sure where that line of thought came from.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3, Rare Replay
  • StarhammerStarhammer The failings of this world fills me with laughter. Joined: Posts: 19,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I think we're well past that level.

big-beer.jpg

Time to pop the safety.

-Starhammer-
    Million wrote: »
    Personally, it warms my heart to see them all suffer for their poor choices. You like the Chris Brown types? How's that occasional domestic violence taste? It's fun learning how to "take a bump" like a WWE superstar, isn't it? Yeah get beat you worthless trash. Get shit on. I want to see you bitches crash and burn forever. It's like I can smell the fragrance of their ruined lives... it fuels the soul.
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?
    mIRC wrote: »
    Julia Stiles came flying out of the womb into the wall. The fuck are you talking about? The doctors had to scrape her off of the wall. Some people merely adopted the wall. She was born in it, molded by it. Pink Floyd made an album prophesizing her birth.

AV by Rick Ross.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,321
    Charles doesn't want to be king. He will abdicate to William.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,248
    It wouldn't matter if one of the Queen's dogs was next in line tbh, the royals do not run Britain.

Actually they do. A bill do not pass on to law until the queen signs it onto law. The queen can fire all of Parliament for the UK, Canada and Australia and appoint new people for the position. She done this before recently with Australia when they would not balance their budget. The taxes are "her" money and not the state's, and it's her military. The queen just nolonger make the laws and she does not do the day to day running of the country. And half of parliament is not elected, they inherit their seat from their families.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,321
    It wouldn't matter if one of the Queen's dogs was next in line tbh, the royals do not run Britain.

Actually they do. A bill do not pass on to law until the queen signs it onto law. The queen can fire all of Parliament for the UK, Canada and Australia and appoint new people for the position. She done this before recently with Australia when they would not balance their budget. The taxes are "her" money and not the state's, and it's her military. The queen just nolonger make the laws and she does not do the day to day running of the country. And half of parliament is not elected, they inherit their seat from their families.

The Queen doesn't do shit. The Queen fired nobody - Turnbull called for a double dissolution election. The PM must ask for the dissolution, which is then approved by the GG.

The power to dissolve Parliament lies with the Governor General, and is separate​ from his existing duties as the Queen's representative.

The same lies with signing bills into law - this is done by the GG, and they do not need to consult with the monarch.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes "Shall we dance?" Joined: Posts: 6,650
    Found this in the hall on my way to class today, figured you guys could use a laugh.

IMG_0343.jpg
    how to upload photo to internet
    #PutEagleInSFV
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,565 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Socialism in 2017 LUL