The Current State of the World and US (updated first post)

Comments

• dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,065
    Every investigation takes forever to start. Even at the local level bridgate took forever as does uncovering of under the table deals by congressmen and state legislators who end up in 10 year prison terms because of embezzling
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 3,002
    Forever is exactly how long you'll be waiting
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Obama had to deal with birthers all 8 years in office. For many of those years it was Trump asking.

So shut the fuck up.
    This is offensive.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,389
    God, the only thing worse than Trump with a Republican Congress will be Pence with a Republican Congress. Trust me, this plan isn't going to end nearly as well as you think it will.
    What plan?

This coverage is happening for a reason. Trump is a marked man right now. To be oblivious to that is your own denial.

But if you want to get all x-files and conspiracy theory on this

The republicans want trump to be the fall guy for healthcare, taxes, and all this russian shit fell into their laps.

GOP were waiting for more evidence to pile on trump who was NEVER their choice, but Pence seems like the obvious choice. The last catholic president was jfk and pence is a roman catholic sycophant who would pretty much speak to that large branch of people.

Pence creates a super pac in 2017 not even 1 year into the trump presidency

Pence goes into apology mode and cleans up gaffes by trump

Pence distances himself from trump

The gop and republicans in general haven't hurled insults or tried to bury him along with trump.

Whomever takes trump's place will be given hero status.

We are at a point where Donald Trump jr admitted to collusion on his own. Then we got Trump saying his son is being transparent.

As more shit comes out i expect more stupid bills to come up in the house and people ignoring it for stupid trump shit

Like right now we should be seeing commercials from senators and congress people running for re-election and where they stand.

Instead shit is pushed to the back for more "trump said shit"

Putting trump on tv made him president and that is the fault of main stream media giving him a platform for ratings.

I just think when you watch conway and the other trump staff fumble and bumble press conference after press conference and media appearances amounting to defending trump lies

Cnn is a joke, fox is a joke, infowars is a joke, every news channel even that nerd in a leather jacket with glasses and long hair that you jokes like to posts are nothing but jokes.

Entertaining though
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dab00g wrote: »
    Death of Net neutrality is an entirely gop backed thing and really the people having no say about it and the lack of coverage of something like that is bullshit

I imagine if the news pushed the facts on bs decisions by trump and his people and the gop we'd probably have even more anger and uprising

All this "what will the trumps do?" Coverage has ruined the news for 3 years now

That's BS. Several bills were passed through congress during the Obama administration in an attempt to kill net neutrality. Now that it once again is making its way through congress but this time a republican controlled one it is something that the GOP wants and not the democrats? really?
    http://thehill.com/policy/technology/331483-republicans-introduce-anti-net-neutrality-legislation

Seeing as it is only republicans who attached their name to the bill

Yeah bitch
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Seeing how you're forgetting both SOPA and PIPA that dems tried to pass in 2011-2012, and 2014 respectively. No bitch.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    Death of Net neutrality is an entirely gop backed thing and really the people having no say about it and the lack of coverage of something like that is bullshit

I imagine if the news pushed the facts on bs decisions by trump and his people and the gop we'd probably have even more anger and uprising

All this "what will the trumps do?" Coverage has ruined the news for 3 years now

Yes imagine if thr news reported actual news. Trunp would uave never been president bevause thered be no need for a populist. Nobofy would br drinking socialized koolaid, and clinton bush esque politicians wouldbt br killing our country.

Instead we have super sensationalized news coverage of non issues and made up boogeymen.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    Dab00g is ob some left eing alex jones stupidity, without the credibimity of being able to say i told you so. Stop it dude, pedestrian level nonsense

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    Pedo my brotha. When you post you gotta learn to SLOW DOWN. No one's going to care to if your post comes out a minute slower than usual. It also saves you from looking illiterate to people who don't know you. IJS

Dab00g is on some left wing alex jones stupidity, without the credibility of being able to say i told you so. Stop it dude, pedestrian level nonsense

• ManxManx I AM THE ANCIENT. I AM THE LAND. Joined: Posts: 22,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 13
    no, it's really serious right now, guys. Trump is going to LITERALLY bomb the internet.

Trump (not my president) is rich, so he's evil. my interests line up with Facebook, Netflix, Google, and other multi-national conglomerates. they know how to give the power to the people through their services i fill out all of my personal information on FOR FREE! FREE IS GOOD! MONEY IS BAD! TRUMP IS RICH! TRUMP IS BAD! REMEMBER BACK 3 YEARS AGO BEFORE PRESIDENT OBAMA (PBUH) SAVED US FROM HIGH INTERNET PRICE GOUGES BY GETTING THE GOVERNMENT INVOLVED? DON'T YOU REMEMBER WHEN YOU HAD TO PAY $3 JUST TO LEAVE THE SITE YOU WERE ON TO GO TO ANOTHER SITE? I REMEMBER WHEN MY MOUSE BROKE AND KEPT DOUBLE CLICKING AND I OPENED UP 5 TABS IN MY BROWSER WHICH THE EVIL INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER MADE ME PAY $25 FOR! WE CAN'T GO BACK TO THIS, PEOPLE!

Paying good bitcoin for this 0-day. :coffee:

:tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • mr_punkmr_punk Joined: Posts: 577
    So articles of impeachment have been filed.
    which is going nowhere at the moment. impeachment is a political process and why would the GOP impeach a doormat president who says this:
    "Well, I don't even want to talk about it, because I think it would be very bad. I will be very angry about it and a lot of people will be very upset,” Trump said during an interview with Christian Broadcasting Network’s Pat Robertson. “But I'm sitting waiting for that bill to come to my desk. I hope that they do it. They've been promising it for years. They've been promising it ever since ObamaCare, which is failed. It's a failed experiment. It is totally gone. It's out of business, and we have to get this done.”
    http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/341705-trump-ill-be-very-angry-if-senate-doesnt-pass-obamacare-repeal-bill
    we? lol..he's just the dupe only necessary to sign whatever legislative policy President McConnell and VP Ryan puts on his desk. an impeachment now or before the midterms would suck all the air out of washington and kill any gop plans for broad legislative agenda. the GOP will impeach trump only if he becomes such a political liability that it outweighs his usefulness as a rubber stamp. it took two years of WH denials about the watergate break-in for nixon to lose his gop support in congress and he lost it because the "smoking gun tape" was so blatant and egregious that nixon became politically toxic to his own his party.
    http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-watergate-nixon-trump-obstruction-justice-20170617-htmlstory.html
    Raz0r wrote: »
    There's a sweet irony in McConnell accusing Democrats of impeding Congress's work. I mean, you guys clearly see it, right?
    he said that? the only legit beef i can think of is concerning trump's nominees for sub-cabinet level officials, but trump is a part of that problem as well. the WH got off to a slow start vetting and doesn't seem to be in a hurry to put forth people who actually do much of the heavy lifting for the various cabinet departments. trump's cabinet members like tillerson complain about how they can't put their picks in place due to the WH. the WH seems to have this obsession with candidates not being "never trumpers" or passing some trump loyalty test rather than qualifications. perhaps, this is all part of bannon's destruction of the administrative state. otherwise, the democrats aren't responsible for their general failure at governance. the GOP don't need democratic votes to pass healthcare (or even tax reform). their failure is due to internal divisions within their own party. the GOP are calling a cancellation of the august recess because they couldn't get shit done on time with healthcare or anything else for that matter.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/12/us/politics/republicans-health-care-senate-recess.html
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/28/tillerson-blows-up-at-white-house-aide-240075
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/30/tillerson-has-second-argument-with-trump-aide-240160
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    It's pointless to discuss this on a SRK thread when neither of us can do a damn thing about it and this isn't the US government I got shut down triggering one of you. Lets let the senate/independent intelligence investigation do its job and they can decide to exonerate Trump and his campaign or not. You want to think this is a hoax and made up by the Democrats and a "witch hunt" then think that if your little heart desires. Its up to them to decide what is or is not criminal not 2 randoms in a FGC forum US world thread.
    like i just said, it took two years of nixon administration denials the watergate break-in before the gop withdrew their support for nixon. it took several years for whitewater to play out during the clinton years. trump stans are crying over several months? hilarious. anyone expecting a quick resolution in a federal investigation at this level is fooling themselves. especially, when the president's own son just blew up months of trump administration denials in a freaking email. an administration which seems to be full of snitches so eager to snitch not only on each other to the media. they're even willing to snitch on the president's own son (my theory is jared snitched on DTjr to take the heat off himself). lol..anyway, trump stans have got many, many more months, maybe even years to go before anything is decided. i suggest they stock up on a larger supply of rubber gloves, baby wipes, adult diapers and clothes pins.

• xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,356
    edited July 14
    Edit: Some ignorant shit. Pls ignore.
    Post edited by xEGAxBeastkingx on
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,389
    pedoviejo wrote: »
    Pedo my brotha. When you post you gotta learn to SLOW DOWN. No one's going to care to if your post comes out a minute slower than usual. It also saves you from looking illiterate to people who don't know you. IJS

Dab00g is on some left wing alex jones stupidity, without the credibility of being able to say i told you so. Stop it dude, pedestrian level nonsense

So...please explain what your grievances of boog's opinion has anything to do with your spelling. I must have missed something here.

He wrote it properly for you.
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,356
    Ah. So used to him misspelling that I completely glossed over that.

*slides back into the shadows*
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,046
    So good bye Net neutrality
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    If you didn't get my post being a mockery of info wars bs, even though i started it off with "if you want to play that conspiracy theory shit"

I am confident a lot more shit will comr out

I am also confident that shit won't happen until the dems have a majority again

Also nothing will pass good or bad with trump as president so we stay in this status quo
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    And now a word from somebody who needs no introduction.
    xlarge

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    Another mark dice vid showing that at the very least, some conservatives are starting to fight back against liberal hordes.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    edited July 15
    damn yo. Friday is rollin for me. Here's another link to possible greatness.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/828844/isis-leader-Afghanistan-abu-sayed-terror-group-baghdadi

Abu might be sucking 72 virgin dicks in hell right now............or worse.

-Starhammer-
    Post edited by Starhammer on

AV by Rick Ross.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,647
    edited July 15

I wonder why it is only philippines that gets left out

The philippines has taken it up the ass from the us for 120 years

So i will say this about trump and the amount of undocomented or ofw domestic workers

A lot of these filipinos, carribeans, africans, indians, mexicans working in hotels or in houses as maids are usually brought to the us via coercion and really were trafficked with the help of the us

The staffing agencies usually let the visas lapse and boom undocumented illegal alien is created

Like this is how many people become illegal

Along with misfiling or citizenship papers by government workers

I am all for deporting the criminals and shitheads. But tons of people make honest livings and pay their taxes.

Immigration reform is needed badly. The problem isn't an open door policy imo

The problem i see nowadays is the failure of government employees doing their jobs. I see a lot of the arrested seem to be unaware that their visas and paperwork got fucked

But hey. Maybe trump gets ride of all immigrants and national and international staffed hotels become employeeless
    Post edited by dab00g on
    looking to help get rid of antifa? Here's your chance to help.

A vid explaining it: All the other links are in the lower bar.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    I would like shit like antifa, redpill, alt right, self hating black men, super pc non binary snowflakes, all that shit needs to die

I blame anita sarkeesian
    They put out a cigarette, but in so doing they unleashed an inferno.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,805
    Antifa has existed for a long time. But we live in the era of click bait politics where everyone has a superficial understanding of everything, so of course everyone gets called a nazi and a communist.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,274
    guy with asperger's syndrome gets the beating of a lifetime, cut with shield edge

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • FreezingCicadaFreezingCicada Joined: Posts: 588
    http://debatepost.com/2017/07/12/trudeau-government-announces-241-5-million-donation-to-the-clinton-foundation/
    To slow on the Trudeau hate. The motherfucker doesnt even attend question period past once a week; if that. Plus ALL his cabinet members repeat the shame two sentences for EVERY answer.

I'd @ Odin that cock slurping white nationalist retard but he doesnt care. Thats the average Canadian.
    Rather be nuked or annexed if I cant move out of this hell hole. (By the off chance that he reads this, oy. Russians are planning around 40 USD oil prices. Whats Notley gonna do if oil doesnt stay for that 53 USD?)
  • MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Copy paste since it's a highly sourced answer to some questions.

In response to this article:
    Insurers say Cruz proposal is "unworkable in any form"
    https://www.axios.com/insurers-say-cruz-proposal-is-unworkable-in-any-form-2459515572.html?utm_medium=linkshare&utm_campaign=organic

So first there was "BHCRA v1" and now this article is referencing "BHCRA v2".
    So, let's see, here are some others who oppose the Senate bill (the previous or this version):

Insurance Companies:
    From the posted article, here is the AHIP/BCBS letter:
    https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3895156-Joint-AHIP-BCBSA-Consumer-Freedom-Option-Letter.html

American Medical Association (Edit: BHRCA v1):
    https://wire.ama-assn.org/ama-news/ama-strongly-opposes-senates-health-reform-proposal

A bunch of Nobel Laureates (Edit: BHCRA v1, but their objections weren't addressed in BHCRA v2)
    https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3877474/Economist-Opposition-Letter-AHCA-6-22-2017.pdf

Pretty much everyone else (Edit BHCRA v1 12-17% approval depending on the poll)
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/06/28/suffolk-poll-obamacare-trump-senate-health-care-plan/103249346/

Employers hate it too
    https://www.ifebp.org/bookstore/future-of-aca/Pages/employer-pulse-check-the-future-of-aca.aspx

So, why do nearly 50 Senate Republicans support this bill? Only two have come out as "no" (Collins and Paul) and Paul is against it because it doesn't return us to a pre-ACA libertarian utopia.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/341808-paul-signals-he-will-oppose-senate-healthcare-bill

Who does the Senate represent?
    I remember talking about this subject on this very thread (iirc) way way way back something like 2009.

"College Tuition and Student Debt Is Crippling the Middle Class"
    https://www.thedailypopulist.com/2017/07/14/college-tuition-and-student-debt-is-crippling-the-middle-class/

There's more in the article. All sourced and independently verifiable.
    The United States once the pinnacle of math and science during World War II and the Space Race against the Soviets has now fallen far and fast behind the rest of the industrialized world. According to the 2015 PISA study which measures educational ranking in major subject areas, the United States ranks 35th in Math and 25th in Science. All far behind large western nations like Germany, The Netherlands, Canada, and France, whose newly elected President, Emmanuel Macron, has offered refuge to American scientists and engineers in the battle of curbing climate change. What do these countries have in common? Every one of them have free or heavily subsidized higher education programs. Germany grants students including international 100% tuition free college. The Netherlands costs justo over $3000. Canada only $5000. In France its a microscopic $585 per year. Norway $596. This list of countries who grant free or low cost higher education is lengthy and every single one of them rank ahead of the United States in at least one category in the PISA examination.
    The solution to both student loan debt and the cost of college tuition is rather simple. Students currently paying off their loans must be given the option to refinance their loans at far more reasonable rates closer to 2, 3, or 4%. The fact that one can get a car with a lower interest rate than an education makes little sense considering the nature of student loans and their ineligibility for bankruptcy.

The next step is to make all public colleges and universities tuition free. In a country which holds $80 trillion in wealth and whose military budget exceeds $600 billion, there is no reason to skip on investing in the bright young minds of tomorrow. The estimated costs of such a program would be a meager $62.6 billion, of which roughly one third is already spent on higher education as it is via the Pell Grant program.

This policy, championed by Senator Bernie Sanders in the 2016 Democratic Primary, is a no brainer and the increased financial flexibility for middle class families would without question spur the economy. The time for predatory college lending and burdening of the middle class must end. It is long overdue for The United States, the richest country in the history of the world, to end the bloated and wasteful contracts for the military industrial complex and to begin investing in the education of its bright young students right here at home.
    edited July 16

So...please explain what your grievances of boog's opinion has anything to do with your spelling. I must have missed something here.
    MCP wrote: »
    I remember talking about this subject on this very thread (iirc) way way way back something like 2009.

https://www.thedailypopulist.com/2017/07/14/college-tuition-and-student-debt-is-crippling-the-middle-class/

The United States once the pinnacle of math and science during World War II and the Space Race against the Soviets has now fallen far and fast behind the rest of the industrialized world. According to the 2015 PISA study which measures educational ranking in major subject areas, the United States ranks 35th in Math and 25th in Science. All far behind large western nations like Germany, The Netherlands, Canada, and France, whose newly elected President, Emmanuel Macron, has offered refuge to American scientists and engineers in the battle of curbing climate change. What do these countries have in common? Every one of them have free or heavily subsidized higher education programs. Germany grants students including international 100% tuition free college. The Netherlands costs justo over $3000. Canada only $5000. In France its a microscopic $585 per year. Norway $596. This list of countries who grant free or low cost higher education is lengthy and every single one of them rank ahead of the United States in at least one category in the PISA examination.
    The solution to both student loan debt and the cost of college tuition is rather simple. Students currently paying off their loans must be given the option to refinance their loans at far more reasonable rates closer to 2, 3, or 4%. The fact that one can get a car with a lower interest rate than an education makes little sense considering the nature of student loans and their ineligibility for bankruptcy.

The next step is to make all public colleges and universities tuition free. In a country which holds $80 trillion in wealth and whose military budget exceeds $600 billion, there is no reason to skip on investing in the bright young minds of tomorrow. The estimated costs of such a program would be a meager $62.6 billion, of which roughly one third is already spent on higher education as it is via the Pell Grant program.

This policy, championed by Senator Bernie Sanders in the 2016 Democratic Primary, is a no brainer and the increased financial flexibility for middle class families would without question spur the economy. The time for predatory college lending and burdening of the middle class must end. It is long overdue for The United States, the richest country in the history of the world, to end the bloated and wasteful contracts for the military industrial complex and to begin investing in the education of its bright young students right here at home.

so wouldn't it make sense to stop giving everybody money to go study what are confirmed to be useless degrees? This is an issue we need to address, especialyl since we force the college meme on everybody, when not everybody should be going to college, nor should we be saturating our society with college grads given how utterly useless many of the degrees today really are. When the US dumped billions into education, it was to create a workforce with the skills of tomorrow. Gender studies, art, and much of the bullshit fluff out there isn't preparing our workforce for the jobs of tomorrow

Its not like that investment is going to go into STEM, you know, the real bright future of any civilized nation.

Also, are these studies also factoring the horrendous participation rate within problem demographics who have a problem with school? If we factor out the crap, where does the US stack. It's really retarded when people compare american rankings with nearly pure homogeneous populations. If we look at swedinstan, we are already seeing a rapid decrease in their education performance precisely because of a low tier demographic that has no buisness being there. How is the solution there more money being spent?

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2013/january/test-scores-ranking-011513.html
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/10/sweden-schools-crisis-political-failure-education

More money isn't going to solve our problem, when our problem is as Macron put it, "civilizational".

• FreezingCicadaFreezingCicada Joined: Posts: 588
    edited July 16

MCP wrote: »

so wouldn't it make sense to stop giving everybody money to go study what are confirmed to be useless degrees? This is an issue we need to address, especialyl since we force the college meme on everybody, when not everybody should be going to college, nor should we be saturating our society with college grads given how utterly useless many of the degrees today really are. When the US dumped billions into education, it was to create a workforce with the skills of tomorrow. Gender studies, art, and much of the bullshit fluff out there isn't preparing our workforce for the jobs of tomorrow

Its not like that investment is going to go into STEM, you know, the real bright future of any civilized nation.

Also, are these studies also factoring the horrendous participation rate within problem demographics who have a problem with school? If we factor out the crap, where does the US stack. It's really retarded when people compare american rankings with nearly pure homogeneous populations. If we look at swedinstan, we are already seeing a rapid decrease in their education performance precisely because of a low tier demographic that has no buisness being there. How is the solution there more money being spent?

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2013/january/test-scores-ranking-011513.html
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/10/sweden-schools-crisis-political-failure-education

More money isn't going to solve our problem, when our problem is as Macron put it, "civilizational".

Higher education does nothing but creates service industries where nothing of value is generated. Most of the wealth established is from producing in terms of trades or extracting resources.
    Places like the Philippines was thriving when they did that but started to stagnate when they fell for the education meme and immigrating.

I'd rather have requirements lowered for entry level jobs dropped and make so even 14-16 year olds could get full time employment if they so choose.
    In my example, that would GREATLY benefit those in American Indian reservations. Around here most of the people there sit around all day and live for the sake of living waiting for the next government paycheck then come to the cities to buy supplies and go back to the rez. Horrible life style and I welcome ANY liberal to live like that if they want government assistance so bad.
    My idea it would help out Amerindians more then actually paying them to attend schooling. (Yes, Reservations pay kids to attend schools.) And have them join the work force at younger ages. Most of them just want money to blow on a new ski-doo or to party so why not give them the accessibility to do so easier. Plus in their youth of doing stupid shit they will eventually stop that nonsense and smarten up on their own when they have more to lose out of pocket.
    aw DAYUM. Video of some ISIS dude getting tossed off a building and lit up with lead. I won't (read: haven't figured out how to do it) link directly to the vid, but it's in this site.

http://taskandpurpose.com/video-appears-show-iraqi-soldiers-throwing-suspected-isis-militant-off-building/

You reap what you sow.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    Philippines was good and still does good with agriculture

The thing was mining and industrialization and the lack of development across the country doomed it

I mean comparatively the provinces and farmland are still profitable and sustainable, but the promise of big money in manila is stupid and the rural poor of the philippines are ignorant

The economy of the pi would improve with better infrastructure and job creation

They move the poor into housing projects, but never set up jobs for the poor
    So we have shit like shanty towns under bridges, in garbage dumps, in the cemetary

Shit got worse when marcos got pushed out and many anti-marcos activist admit this.

But marcos was still just a band aid on a bullet wound
    Starhammer wrote: »
    aw DAYUM. Video of some ISIS dude getting tossed off a building and lit up with lead. I won't (read: haven't figured out how to do it) link directly to the vid, but it's in this site.

http://taskandpurpose.com/video-appears-show-iraqi-soldiers-throwing-suspected-isis-militant-off-building/

You reap what you sow.

-Starhammer-
    I agree any ISIS "militants" should be murdered. (lol AP style. They're fucking terrorists)

The problem with this incident is the lack of control. Boring old justice would murder the same fucker just the same.

When boring, slow justice is removed for those immediate, good feelings, then the entire area is ripe to become a hotbed of vigilante justice, violence, rape, and thievery. Soldiers go to homes, 'we'll execute you as IS members and get away with it unless you give me your daughter and all your stuff. We tossed that guy off the roof and we'll do the same to you'

IS was fully guilt of the above and when a new military comes in and does the same, it shows a lack of discipline and retards the healing process.

If the Iraqi government wants to conclude execution is to be done by tossing off a building and shooting them, then please, do so after a court trial. IS did it to gay men, it might even be a fair death, in its own way.

Anyways, these unfortunate soldiers will get some kind of discipline for their actions:
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/13/mosul-killing-video-footage-purportedly-showing-iraqis-getting-revenge-on-isis-militants-sparks-probe-outcry.html
    Witnesses have been reporting to Human Rights Watch an increasing number of torture incidents and killings of suspected ISIS militants in the Mosul area.

So while it feels good, there will be consequences for disobeying orders:
    An interior ministry spokesman said that if the video was authentic those responsible must be brought to justice.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40593405
    "Donald Trump's Base Is Shrinking" (May 24th)
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trumps-base-is-shrinking/

There’s been a considerable decline in the number of Americans who strongly approve of Trump, from a peak of around 30 percent in February to just 21 or 22 percent of the electorate now.

And voters who strongly disapprove of Trump outnumber those who strongly approve of him by about a 2-to-1 ratio

The data suggests, in particular, that the GOP’s initial attempt (and failure) in March to pass its unpopular health care bill may have cost Trump with his core supporters.
    The number of Americans who strongly disapprove of Trump has sharply risen since early in his term, meanwhile, from the mid-30s in early February to 44.1 percent as of Tuesday. In most surveys, Trump’s strongly disapprove rating exceeds his overall approval rating, in fact.
    After a slight uptick in the first two to three weeks of his term, Trump’s strong approval ratings have headed downward. But it hasn’t been a steady decline. Instead, they fell considerably from about 29 percent on March 6 — when Republicans introduced their health care bill — to around 24 percent on April 1, shortly after the GOP pulled the bill from the House floor. They then remained stable for much of April, before beginning to fall again this month after the reintroduction (and House passage) of the health care bill and after Trump fired FBI director James Comey on May 9. As of Tuesday, just 21.4 percent of Americans strongly approved of Trump’s performance.
    During last year’s presidential primaries, Trump received about 14 million votes out of a total of 62 million cast between the two parties, which works out to 23 percent of the total. So perhaps it’s not a coincidence that 20 to 25 percent of the country still strongly supports Trump; they were with him from the start.
    So while there’s risk to Democrats in underestimating Trump’s resiliency, there’s an equal or perhaps greater risk to Republicans in thinking Trump’s immune from political gravity.

"The Art Of Cherry-Picking Polls" (Jun 16th)
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-art-of-cherry-picking-polls/
    Lots of people in politics cherry-pick favorable polls. President Trump is no exception. On Friday, Trump tweeted about a poll from Rasmussen Reports that put his approval rating at 50 percent. That poll, however, was one of his better results from a pollster that tends to find better results for Trump, compared to the many approval polls that we track daily.

However, if we see this image, it's an outlier poll.
    mehta-rasmussen-0616-number.png?quality=90&strip=info&w=1150&ssl=1