UD-CPS2: Fully Consolized Capcom Play System 2

18910111214»

Comments

• mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Tagging for definitive interest. I have my eye on a Vampire Savior 2 CPS kit (and separate I think it's A board) on eBay that will be next on the list once I buy my new stick.
  • azisazis Megaton Puncher Joined: Posts: 255 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sign me up to these kits, would you, Undamned?

How many people in the line or any timeline for that?

Actually I could live with the UD-USB converters, whatever comes first.
  • Terraphantom89Terraphantom89 Rising Dragon Slayer Joined: Posts: 1
    Same here. I'de love to get my hands on one of these kits. To get on the waiting list do we just post here expressing an interest?
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,686
    It will be pretty easy for me to make a bunch of kits, so no need to fret about a waiting list. I got backlogged on my own builds because of the labor, but if people are doing their own labor... :D

I'll post up a link when they are ready. Keep your shirts on, though, there's still a lot of work to be done before they are ready. I'm really hoping I can demo something at EVO and then have kits done late this year.
    -ud
  • Axel KellyAxel Kelly Joined: Posts: 1,481
    edited July 16
    Anyone use their UDCPS2 on a Sony BVM monitor? I'm having trouble getting the video to sync through RGB as well as S-video, I can't get a proper video signal on the monitor at all. Should I be taking sync from luma or composite for RGB? Any idea why my S-video is unable to sync either? I've tested the board on other TVs and it works fine so the issue is with the monitor, but the monitor works fine with all the other consoles I've tested, both RGB and S-video. I opened up my RGB cable to try to take sync from elsewhere so I can't take a pic of exactly what it looks like when trying to use RGB, but here's a pic of what it looks like when using S-video. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,415
    Some RGB displays don't like composite video for sync and requires composite sync (often referred to as clean sync or c sync, it's actually a combination of horizontal and vertical sync) so you might need a sync striper circuit. It depends on the model of on you have
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,686
    Axel Kelly wrote: »
    Anyone use their UDCPS2 on a Sony BVM monitor? I'm having trouble getting the video to sync through RGB as well as S-video, I can't get a proper video signal on the monitor at all. Should I be taking sync from luma or composite for RGB? Any idea why my S-video is unable to sync either? I've tested the board on other TVs and it works fine so the issue is with the monitor, but the monitor works fine with all the other consoles I've tested, both RGB and S-video. I opened up my RGB cable to try to take sync from elsewhere so I can't take a pic of exactly what it looks like when trying to use RGB, but here's a pic of what it looks like when using S-video. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

No idea why S-video would be a problem. For RGB, UD-CPS2 uses the same pinout as Playstation systems, which means you have no dedicated Sync pin. Sync can be stripped off of the Composite video signal.
    -ud
18910111214»