Ms. Fortune Thread
Taken from Skullgirls.com:
(Conversions from Customary System to Metric System was done by me)
A feline feral, Nadia Fortune is the last surviving member of the Fishbone Gang, a notorious band of otherwise Dagonian thieves. Their last mission ended in tragedy: a failed attempt to steal the mysterious Life Gem from Lorenzo Medici resulted in their grisly deaths. Before meeting her own doom, Ms. Fortune swallowed the Life Gem and managed to digest it. The Gem’s power permeated her entire body, making it truly undying… even after being cut into several pieces.
Now hiding in the shadows of Little Innsmouth, Ms. Fortune plots to avenge her fallen comrades.
5' 8 (1.73 m)
127 lbs (57.61 kgs)
Making friends, Sunlit naps, Volleyball, Bowling, Golf, Parkour, Subjecting others to terrible puns, Yu-wan's resturant, Dim Sum, The Fishbone Gang, Robbing from rich, Giving to poor, Potato chips
The Medici Mafia, Black Dahlia, Sushi, Cops, Bullies, Marsupials, Loud noises, Lemonade
Gametrailers Reveal Trailer:
Ms. Fortune Reveal Exclusive - Click this link to be redirected to Gametrailers
Mike Z goes through the newest and highly controversial character Ms. Fortune. The team member goes over how the character plays along with other aspects about her. He also shows off some newer elements to the game that the public has not seen yet. If you have ten minutes to spare then click the link, kick back, and enjoy.
The following questions and answers were posted by numerous people here on SRK and answered by numerous people from the development team of Skullgirls (mainly Mike Z).
- Is separating her head from her body a special command or a button (like carl's drive). If it is a separate command can you cancel normals with it?
The commands to separate the head are specials. There may be a few other surprise ways. Yes, you can cancel normals with the specials. Recalling it is also a special, which also cancels normals.
- Is HP the only thing that controls the head? Is it only one attack?
Yes, head is controlled with HP only. No, it isn't only one attack.
- Does she have supers that utilize her seperated head?
(Head supers) no comment.
- Do you control any of her other body parts remotely or just the head?
Only her head can be a separate entity entirely. She has moves where she separates...other stuff...for the move.
- Charge or motion character?
She's a motion character.
- Spurts of blood to dash? Is it directional? Can you cancel out of normal or special moves with it?
She has a ground fwd/back dash and an air fwd/back dash. It's a regular dash, but since you can airdash-cancel air normals in SG, she can do that. She spurts blood during a lot of things.
- Increased range on her normals. How much range we talkin here? Are we talking Dhalsim range or something more like Omega Red range or less like Hakumen range?
Um. There's some Hakumen range and some Dhalsim/Omega Red range. No 4C though.
- Tangles you in a yarn ball of her own entrails? How gorey are we talkin here?
It's not entrails, it's muscle/connective tissue, so there are no external organs. I'd say it's about VS Victor's-arms-ripping level of gross.
- Does this mean if you drop the head off at one end, the stage won't scroll?
The head gets dragged around by the screen scrolling to some extent. It can go offscreen, but the screen always follows the characters.
- You said the head can't move while the body is in hit or block stun. Can it move while the body is being thrown?
No, throw stun is still stun.
- Can the body move while the head is in hit stun.
Yes, the body can move while the head is being hit.
- Will combos/ hits landed on the head trigger IPS (Infinite Prevention System).
Combos/ hits landed on the head won't trigger IPS.
- Does the head have it's own burst animation or will the body simply burst?
Head can't burst, you can just walk up and hit them as they are hitting it.
- Under what circumstances can you detach/reattach the head? Can you do it in the air for example?
Detaching the head is by air/ground special, where as re-attaching the head is by ground special only.
- Does her head magically reappear on her body as she gets KO'd or does it stay where it was if it was off her?
It stays where it is.
- Does the head take damage when it takes a hit? Is the damage amount the same as if you are hitting her body? Can you kill Ms. Fortune by hitting her head?
The head is part of Fortune, so if it gets hit she takes damage. Fractional damage, slightly over half, and you can't kill her by hitting the head, but still damage.
- Does the head being hit take red life or only recoverable yellow life?
Head takes red life as well.
- When she leaves the screen for any reason does her head come with her or does it stay on screen?
When she tags out her head stays where it is, and it can't be hit when she's offscreen.
- Since it stays, is it possible to have an assist coming from the head, instead of from Ms. Fortune herself?
If you have s.HP/ c.HP as your assist they will do the head moves, which can be hit like normal.
- When she becomes the active character again which form does she come in as?
She comes in as the form she left as. Left with head attached, comes in with head attached. Left without attached, comes in with head detached.
- Does Miss Fortune's head prevent you from being pushed back if it's behind you?
No, the head has no physical presence, like Zappa's dog or Litchi's staff, instead of Carl's doll.
- Are the moves that are activated for the head when it's detached hit low?
All head moves hit mid.
- So do her body animations stay the same regardless of head being attached/detached?