Ms. Fortune: Falling to Pieces

HellfromaboveHellfromabove Joined: Posts: 2,575 mod
Ms. Fortune Thread
msfortune.png

Taken from Skullgirls.com:
(Conversions from Customary System to Metric System was done by me)

Biography:

A feline feral, Nadia Fortune is the last surviving member of the Fishbone Gang, a notorious band of otherwise Dagonian thieves. Their last mission ended in tragedy: a failed attempt to steal the mysterious Life Gem from Lorenzo Medici resulted in their grisly deaths. Before meeting her own doom, Ms. Fortune swallowed the Life Gem and managed to digest it. The Gem’s power permeated her entire body, making it truly undying… even after being cut into several pieces.

Now hiding in the shadows of Little Innsmouth, Ms. Fortune plots to avenge her fallen comrades.

Essential Data:

Birthday: November 24
Bloodtype: B
Height: 5' 8 (1.73 m)
Weight: 127 lbs (57.61 kgs)
Measurements: 32B-23-34

Making friends, Sunlit naps, Volleyball, Bowling, Golf, Parkour, Subjecting others to terrible puns, Yu-wan's resturant, Dim Sum, The Fishbone Gang, Robbing from rich, Giving to poor, Potato chips

Dislikes:

The Medici Mafia, Black Dahlia, Sushi, Cops, Bullies, Marsupials, Loud noises, Lemonade

Additional Information:

Gametrailers Reveal Trailer:

Ms. Fortune Reveal Exclusive - Click this link to be redirected to Gametrailers

Mike Z goes through the newest and highly controversial character Ms. Fortune. The team member goes over how the character plays along with other aspects about her. He also shows off some newer elements to the game that the public has not seen yet. If you have ten minutes to spare then click the link, kick back, and enjoy.

Character Information:

The following questions and answers were posted by numerous people here on SRK and answered by numerous people from the development team of Skullgirls (mainly Mike Z).
  • Is separating her head from her body a special command or a button (like carl's drive). If it is a separate command can you cancel normals with it?
The commands to separate the head are specials. There may be a few other surprise ways. Yes, you can cancel normals with the specials. Recalling it is also a special, which also cancels normals.
  • Is HP the only thing that controls the head? Is it only one attack?
Yes, head is controlled with HP only. No, it isn't only one attack.
  • Does she have supers that utilize her seperated head?
(Head supers) no comment.
  • Do you control any of her other body parts remotely or just the head?
Only her head can be a separate entity entirely. She has moves where she separates...other stuff...for the move.
  • Charge or motion character?
She's a motion character.
  • Spurts of blood to dash? Is it directional? Can you cancel out of normal or special moves with it?
She has a ground fwd/back dash and an air fwd/back dash. It's a regular dash, but since you can airdash-cancel air normals in SG, she can do that. She spurts blood during a lot of things.
  • Increased range on her normals. How much range we talkin here? Are we talking Dhalsim range or something more like Omega Red range or less like Hakumen range?
Um. There's some Hakumen range and some Dhalsim/Omega Red range. No 4C though.
  • Tangles you in a yarn ball of her own entrails? How gorey are we talkin here?
It's not entrails, it's muscle/connective tissue, so there are no external organs. I'd say it's about VS Victor's-arms-ripping level of gross.
  • Does this mean if you drop the head off at one end, the stage won't scroll?
The head gets dragged around by the screen scrolling to some extent. It can go offscreen, but the screen always follows the characters.
  • You said the head can't move while the body is in hit or block stun. Can it move while the body is being thrown?
No, throw stun is still stun.
  • Can the body move while the head is in hit stun.
Yes, the body can move while the head is being hit.
  • Will combos/ hits landed on the head trigger IPS (Infinite Prevention System).
Combos/ hits landed on the head won't trigger IPS.
  • Does the head have it's own burst animation or will the body simply burst?
Head can't burst, you can just walk up and hit them as they are hitting it.
  • Under what circumstances can you detach/reattach the head? Can you do it in the air for example?
Detaching the head is by air/ground special, where as re-attaching the head is by ground special only.
  • Does her head magically reappear on her body as she gets KO'd or does it stay where it was if it was off her?
It stays where it is.
  • Does the head take damage when it takes a hit? Is the damage amount the same as if you are hitting her body? Can you kill Ms. Fortune by hitting her head?
The head is part of Fortune, so if it gets hit she takes damage. Fractional damage, slightly over half, and you can't kill her by hitting the head, but still damage.
  • Does the head being hit take red life or only recoverable yellow life?
Head takes red life as well.
  • When she leaves the screen for any reason does her head come with her or does it stay on screen?
When she tags out her head stays where it is, and it can't be hit when she's offscreen.
  • Since it stays, is it possible to have an assist coming from the head, instead of from Ms. Fortune herself?
If you have s.HP/ c.HP as your assist they will do the head moves, which can be hit like normal.
  • When she becomes the active character again which form does she come in as?
She comes in as the form she left as. Left with head attached, comes in with head attached. Left without attached, comes in with head detached.
  • Does Miss Fortune's head prevent you from being pushed back if it's behind you?
No, the head has no physical presence, like Zappa's dog or Litchi's staff, instead of Carl's doll.
  • Are the moves that are activated for the head when it's detached hit low?
All head moves hit mid.
  • So do her body animations stay the same regardless of head being attached/detached?
Not necessarily.

-Tha Hindu

Comments

• Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    Purrfect
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • RizhallRizhall 殺意はhot-hot!! Joined: Posts: 1,099
    Reminds me of a Viera~ Fishbone gang sounds awesome!
    Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.
  • HellfromaboveHellfromabove Joined: Posts: 2,575 mod
    Sigh, got trolled with the footage that was given to us today :(.

feels-bad-man-.jpg

-Tha Hindu
  • Pieman0920Pieman0920 Joined: Posts: 87
    Eh, they may have been acting catty towards us, but I don't think its any claws for alarm. I mean, they may not have been feline that they had pawten her character down purrfectly, so they just decided to throw us a fish bone. :V
  • James LameJames Lame When's Melty? Joined: Posts: 91
    Oh god, the puns.

Can we expect her in next weeks FNF?
    I posted this in GD but since this is the Ms. Fortune section, best that it be in here as well.

10337455.jpg

-Tha Hindu
    Mike Z answering questions about Ms. Fortune
    OMG MISS FORTUNE QUESTION TIME! I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS!

1. Is separating her head from her body a special command or a button (like carl's drive). If it is a separate command can you cancel normals with it?

2. Is HP the only thing that controls the head? Is it only one attack?

3. Does she have supers that utilize her seperated head?

4. Do you control any of her other body parts remotely or just the head?

5. Charge or motion character?

6. Spurts of blood to dash? Is it directional? Can you cancel out of normal or special moves with it?

7. Increased range on her normals. How much range we talkin here? Are we talking Dhalsim range or something more like Omega Red range or less like Hakumen range?

8. Tangles you in a yarn ball of her own entrails? OK, this might paint me as a bit of a wimp... but how gorey are we talkin here? I get a little squeamish around organs and stuff buuuut I did play Trauma Center just fine soooo I'm wondering how... idk... organ like her entrails are? I mean... I knew she was gonna rip herself apart but the phrase "Tangles you in a yarn ball of her own entrails" just took me by surprise. You certainly don't hear that every day.
    1 - separating the head is specials. And possibly a few other surprise ways. You can cancel normals with the specials, yes. Recalling it is also a special, which also cancels normals.
    2 - yes, head is controlled with HP only. No, it isn't only one attack - Carl's doll is only one button...
    3 - (head supers) no comment.
    4 - only her head can be a separate entity entirely. But she has moves where she separates...other stuff...for the move.
    5 - she's a motion character. (You people and your "waaa waaa charge character waaa". I ought to go change everyone to charge characters...)
    6 - fwd/back and air fwd/back dash. It's a regular dash, but since you can airdash-cancel air normals in SG, she can do that. She spurts blood during a lot of things. Apparently it's M when you make other people bleed from injuries, but not when you yourself bleed randomly.
    7 - Um. There's some Hakumen range and some Dhalsim/Omega Red range. No 4C though. :^P
    8 - It's not entrails, it's muscle/connective tissue, so there are no external organs. I'd say it's about VS Victor's-arms-ripping level of gross - the fact that she can be headless gets to me more than this stuff.

There are a lot of things about Fortune that you 'don't hear every day'. That's sort of what we aim for with everyone. (^.^)
    Fortune
    - If you hit the head it doesn't put the body in any kind of hitstun. The head itself has hitstuns, yes, but since it's not a physical presence (i.e. you can walk through it) and doesn't get launched as high as characters do, it is difficult to do combos on. Think vs-Kobun combos in MvC2.
    - The head can't block.
    - If the body is hit or blocks, the head experiences sympathy pains and thus can't attack during hit or blockstun.

Other
    - Yes, if someone has 10f of air hitstun left and lands, they will have 10f of standing stun, and if they have 2f left then they will have 2f of standing stun. (Actually we add 1f bonus stun, but otherwise it carries over.)
    Does this mean if you drop the head off at one end, the stage won't scroll?
    Head gets dragged around by screen scrolling to some extent, it can go offscreen, but the screen always follows the characters.

"Magic pixel" isn't a magic pixel, it's us going back to that thing that non-lazy games used to do where you don't die from throws until the throw is over. It's a pet peeve of mine when people get killed in the middle of uninterruptable animations in newer games (SHulk's airthrow super, for example, or Maximum Spider). Also, super throws now won't let the timer expire until they are over - it'll still count down mid-match, but it won't go to zero.
    I actually semi expected a Rick Roll. If anyone could bring back that meme, Skullgirls could.

Fortune questions

1. You said the head can't move while the body is in hit or block stun. Can it move while the body is being thrown?
    2. Can the body move while the head is in hit stun.
    3. Will combos on the head trigger IPS.
    4. If they do, does the head have it's own burst animation or will the body simply burst?
    5. Under what circumstances can you detach/reattach the head? Can you do it in the air for example?
    1 - no, throw stun is still stun.
    2 - body can move while the head is hit, yes.
    3/4 - combos on the head won't trigger IPS unless I screwed something up. :^P Head can't burst, but um, you can just walk up and hit them as they are hitting it...
    5 - Detach air/ground special, attach ground special only.

- If she dies without her head, the head dies too.
    - Take 1, dunno yet. :^P

Jason doesn't use assists, he's a BB player and isn't used to it yet. BWAHAHAHAHA. These matches aren't representative of everyone everywhere playing, ya know.
    I think he meant into relation with the on-screen dead bodies. Like does her head magically reappear on her body as she gets KO'd or does it stay where it was if it was off her?
    Oh. Um, it stays where it is. The other thing would be inexcusable.
    So is her body animations stays the same regardless of head being attached/detached?
    Not necessarily.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • RizhallRizhall 殺意はhot-hot!! Joined: Posts: 1,099
    Awesome set of questions. I didn't know her body parts could detach like that. I can't wait to see her in motion...
    Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.
    Whoops forgot one

The head is part of Fortune, so if it gets hit she takes damage. Fractional damage, slightly over half, and you can't kill her by hitting the head, but still damage.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    Urichinan wrote:
    Q: Does the head being hit take red life or only recoverable yellow life?
    Mike_Z wrote:
    A: Head takes red life as well.
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    Yvive wrote:
    Random Ms. Fortune's head questions.
    When she leaves the screen for any reason does her head come with her or does it stay on screen but become inactive?
    If it stays, is it possible to have an assist coming from the head, instead of from Ms. Fortune herself?
    If it leaves, when she becomes the active character again, does she default back to her normal, slightly less decapitated form or will she come back headless with her head somewhere on the screen?
    Mike_Z wrote:
    Fortune
    - when she tags out her head stays where it is and watches the fight. (^.^) It can't be hit when she's offscreen, but if you have sHP/cHP as your assist they will do the head moves, which can be hit like normal.
    - if you tag out headless, you tag in headless. Basically the answer to all these types of questions is, the head never teleports or anything, it is whereever it is. However, it can participate in your tag-in.
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
  • KrackatoaKrackatoa Ensaikyopedia Trolldanica. Joined: Posts: 2,141
    The fact that the skin of her theighs slides apart in her idle stance gives me the willies.

Can't wait to see gameplay.
    Algonquin Competitive Gaming - Bringing Hyperbolic Time Chambers to the Masses
    The fact that the skin of her theighs slides apart in her idle stance gives me the willies.

Can't wait to see gameplay.

Yeah, it stretches kinda. It's something else.

-Tha Hindu
  • Saikyo JoeSaikyo Joe that awkward moment Joined: Posts: 2,458
    Looks like I ought to look here for the Fortune info for my thread.
    Btw its Mr. Kimura, I need this to update my thread! Lets collaborate.

Since the head detach is a special, I'm sure the limbs follow the same rules, and can cancel normals with said move?
    Saikyo Joe does whatever the hell Saikyo Joe wants to do - Luc

The answer to your question is no.
    Thanks for posting stuff to add in this thread guys. I'll add it to the main thread tomorrow.

-Tha Hindu
    Not sure if this was asked: does Miss Fortune's head prevent you from being pushed back if it's behind you? What about when it stays on screen after Fortune tags out? In most games this would be a ticket to infinite city, but not in Skullgirls...
    Mike_Z wrote:
    No, the head has no physical presence, like Zappa's dog or Litchi's staff, instead of Carl's doll.
    Though I don't TOTALLY have a handle on ms fortune yet, so far she seems to have very powerful rushdown and mixup. Parasoul can mix up very well but she has the worst mobility in the game so far so you have to utilize her projectiles and traps if you want to get in for that opportunity.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • jmcroftsjmcrofts Chilldog Joined: Posts: 1,235
    If you guys have semi-general questions about Ms Fortune I can probably answer them. I don't wanna give away too much though since there's gonna be a video preview this week (I think?)
  • MoonlessMoonless Joined: Posts: 220
    How good is her ground dash?
    How simple is she at first glance, gameplay-wise?

I think these are the most important metrics for choosing a main for me. From what I gather, Ms. Fortune is pretty agile, but typically, two-part style characters give me headaches.
    jmcrofts said in the Gen Dis Thread
    Anyway, Filia has a much faster airdash so yeah Fortune's IAD pressure is less potent. She does have better crossups though (j.hp and j.mp) and with her head off the crossups get really ridiculous.

Also I haven't tested it but I'm pretty sure ms fortune can run along the ground faster than Filia can wavedash. I could be wrong though.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • jmcroftsjmcrofts Chilldog Joined: Posts: 1,235
    How good is her ground dash?
    How simple is she at first glance, gameplay-wise?

I think these are the most important metrics for choosing a main for me. From what I gather, Ms. Fortune is pretty agile, but typically, two-part style characters give me headaches.

Her ground dash is pretty good, about as fast as Filia's I'd estimate. The cool thing is her run is the same speed as her dash, you can just hold forward and zoom across the screen.

If you completely ignore the head mechanics Fortune is a really straightforward rushdown/pressure character, and is still pretty strong. If you want to unlock all her potential though you'll have to start working on head setups and combos, which makes her a lot more complicated. There's a LOT of stuff to think about when you are moving her head around and attacking with it at the same time you're moving Fortune herself around.
  • robotic elfrobotic elf like in the stories Joined: Posts: 850
    So you move the head around mostly by kicking it around like a soccer ball, right? That was the impression I got. I assume it also has HP attacks that move it around a bit too?
    Is SpoonyGosling
    This game glorifies violence. I love it for this reason.
    Someone in the last thread asked if Fortune's head hits low. Nope, all the head moves are mids.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    I wonder as a new player, what should you focus on first? Assuming just using Fortune with her head, but I guess it'll make more sense once we see the gameplay footage with some explanations.

• SentinelPilotSentinelPilot For my Kingdom Joined: Posts: 93
    Eh, they may have been acting catty towards us, but I don't think its any claws for alarm. I mean, they may not have been feline that they had pawten her character down purrfectly, so they just decided to throw us a fish bone. :V

You should write the lines for Ms. Fortune!
    BlazBlue CS2: Tager, Jin
    Future Main: Relius Clover
    Skullgirls Teams
    Solo: Parasoul
    Two man: Parasoul, Peacock/Cerebella
    Full Team: Peacock, Parasoul, Cerebella
    Massive Hype for Skullgirls!!!
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • LoliserLoliser Joined: Posts: 23
    So the Ms. Fortune video looks super awesome.
    Though there was just one question I had, If you tag out with her head still dismembered, can it still get hit?
    like, If shes not currently fighting can you still damage the head?
    So the Ms. Fortune video looks super awesome.
    Though there was just one question I had, If you tag out with her head still dismembered, can it still get hit?
    like, If shes not currently fighting can you still damage the head?
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ms-fortune-falling-to-pieces.146725/#post-5936219
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    Ok, pushed this off way too long. Going to organize everything that you guys have posted in to the main topic. Thank you for your submissions and help.

-Tha Hindu
  • Ectoplasm on ToastEctoplasm on Toast STEIGEND DRACHEN FAUST Joined: Posts: 87
    Miss Fortune looks to be the cat's pajamas, I had high expectations but she was up to scratch. Of course, that's paw for the course for Skullgirls at this point. I can't wait to sink my claws into her and see what she's catpable of.

I'm glad this was real.
    rtLy6.jpg
    What did he call it, Fiber Uppercut?
    Yeah thats the name of it, or Fiber Upper. Think of it as a bad play on Tiger Uppercut.

Alright, cleaned up the questions and answers and posted them up. Went ahead and posted up the reveal trailer for MF as well. Hope it looks good to you guys.

-Tha Hindu
  • ViewtifulJewViewtifulJew Joined: Posts: 11
    She seems amazingly cool, but goddamn if her animations don't give me nightmares. Hope there's an alternate color which is somewhat less gorey.
    And yeah i know that sounds lame but holy shit i cant look at her sinew ball grab without feeling some vomit claw it's way up my throat.
    Has this thread seriously turned in to the feline pun thread?

-Tha Hindu
    Ms. Fortune is quite pawsibly the greatest character animated, can't wait fur more footage. They really outdid themselves, I want to see how they can top this.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • MoonlessMoonless Joined: Posts: 220
    I have to take my hat off to Reverge Labs - Fortune is heads down one of the most original fighting game characters in the last few years.

Jokes aside, I didn't see much about mixup besides the rekkas. However, I can easily see that she's going to create some great pressure thanks to her head, good normals and DP that ends in a aerial, neutral state. Hell, I can even see her head pestering keepaway from full screen and allowing her to move closer if it hits. Definitely one of my favorite characters so far.
  • Pieman0920Pieman0920 Joined: Posts: 87
    Has this thread seriously turned in to the feline pun thread?

-Tha Hindu

Would you loose your head over it if it did? :P

Because personally, puns put me in stitches, cat related or nyat. P:
    Would you loose your head over it if it did? :P

Because personally, puns put me in stitches, cat related or nyat. P:

Seems like someone's itchin' for an infraction, jk :D. You're purring up the wrong tree homie.

-Tha Hindu
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,699
    You know the feeling when a new game has so many chars you want to play you don't know who to main anymore?
    Yeah...

I hope the next characters will have more unique stuff like this and less "regular" characters like fillia and cerebella.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Hero for fun Joined: Posts: 3,933
    I was eager to see Ms. Fortune before she was revealed and now that she has been I don't really like her that much.

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic