How do people make it lag ONLY when they do uppercuts?

jamiejame911jamiejame911 Ever learningJoined: Posts: 424
I fought Ken's and Sagats that only lag when they do uppercuts (and I am crossing them up) and it messes up my timing on a few clutch moments. I swear they are doing something. The rest of the match is basically lagless. Maybe I am imagining things?
Casually playing:
SFIV: Fei, Yun
ST: Ryu, Deejay
SG: Valentine

Comments

• KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    I fought Ken's and Sagats that only lag when they do uppercuts (and I am crossing them up) and it messes up my timing on a few clutch moments. I swear they are doing something. The rest of the match is basically lagless. Maybe I am imagining things?

Yeah.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    Turbo! :rofl:
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    Nice try jamie.
    We don't teach ggpo rookies our secrets of the lag switch.
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    Those are big accusations. We don't tolerate cheating in the GGPO community. Who are these people that you are playing that can do this? What are their screen names? Violators are usually IP banned from the community, and publicly denounced.

Anyways, the next time you notice this, you can easily counter their cheating tactics by activating the turbos on all your buttons. Most joysticks on the market these days have that function built in. Just hold that button down and you can rest easy knowing that the next time they try to lag you out, your commands are sure to go through without fail.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    LOL. Those are just moves with good priority, so they are likely to beat other moves, thus generating a more noticeable rollback. The fact that they always knock down may also give a notion that they change the flow of the match dramatically.
  • jamiejame911jamiejame911 Ever learning Joined: Posts: 424
    I heard about the lag switches, but don't really know how/when they are applied in a given match. I don't want to point out names, as I have scant evidence if any. Maybe it's just random luck, but it was noticeable with two people I played in the last week who had under 200 ms. My uppercuts never lagged, but theirs rolled back quite a few times...
    Casually playing:
    this thread is useless without dropping names.
    Ah shit..    
    Paper was found using this switch recently. We feel it gives him no real advantage, but the discussion is still going on. Not sure about turbo, though. I mean, on the chair: he could just hold his finger right on top of the buttons and get pretty high rates!
  • PaskyPasky Ninja with pistol! Joined: Posts: 1,863
    ROFL
    <Pasky> so you can go extra fast by just holding it?
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    <baklakiller> sure if had a penis
    <baklakiller> im a beginner gief
    The really strange part is, that isn't some random stock photo, that is the EXACT unit i'm using. The picture taken from my house. What gives?
    Ah shit..    
  • megaultrasupermegaultrasuper Joined: Posts: 833
    If you block Ken's super and attempt to walk up and throw him it seems like you'll often get a rollback. I'm not exactly sure why this is, but I'm thinking that it might have something to do with the 50/50 chance of getting the throw if you both input the throw command on the same frame.
    I think it has to do with Danger's device.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    LOL
    If you block Ken's super and attempt to walk up and throw him it seems like you'll often get a rollback. I'm not exactly sure why this is, but I'm thinking that it might have something to do with the 50/50 chance of getting the throw if you both input the throw command on the same frame.
    We have discussed this recently in this section. The thing is actually very simple: SF2 and basically every other videogame has a delay between you pressing a button and something happening on the screen. This delay is 3 frames, which means what you input happens 4 frames later (happening the very next frame would mean zero delay). Ken's super and his Shoryukens have a ground recovery of 3 frames, too. So, if you press the button as soon as he lands on your screen, because the action will only happen 4 frames later, Ken will have recovered. Thus, you have to press the button just before the actually lands in order to throw him. If you do so, it will be impossible for him to do anything but soften your throw.
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    I think it has to do with Danger's device.

I bet you know ALL ABOUT danger's device. :tup:
    I bet you know ALL ABOUT danger's device. :tup:

You know I know because you asked to borrow it and told me not to clean it cus you like it when it smells funky.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
  • ultracomboultracombo Weakest Loser Joined: Posts: 741
    this thread is useless without dropping names.
    "If ultracombo misses a low roundhouse, he is likely to continue doing it." - TheMuffinMan
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    @pasky, I'm not judging.
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    Don't make fun on this thread.

I had the same experience with a guy about a year ago, he was a sim player, everytime i tried a reversal or sometimes i knew he will super or yoga fire or yoga flame, the game lagged for a second or even the half of a second, when i attempted to reverse somekind of frameskipping saved him or even he punished me with a hit ... at first sight i thought it was a connection issue, but damn, 5 matches in a row and the same thing happening only in certain situations :S

I said to the mofo:

"Man, what the fuck?, what do i have to do to get rid of that weird lag everytime i have the advantage?"

And yes i don't have the name of that mofo, after 5 or 6 matches, i just said ggs and that was all.

At least now i know that it was not my imagination :S and another guy experienced a similar situation.
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    are you sure you don't remember the name of that son of a bitch?, i'm almost sure he is the same sim player, what an asshole.
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
  • Coth_XCoth_X G(x) = (3/(1-3x)) - 3 - 3x - 27x^2 Joined: Posts: 4,340
    I've had this shit happen against king aures. Is that a good enough name drop?

-trolls suck-
    "The purpose of proof is to understand, not to verify." - Arnold Ross
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416 <--- Coolest Game Ever!
    Just played the guy again, Kant. I had no issues with anyone today, but this guy and his ryu had the damn rollback on clutch moments when i was gonna punish his dp.
    Casually playing:
    u need to consider the ping, anything bettween 100ms-150ms has certain situation with rollbacks, anything higher to 150ms u cant really be sure of what u seein ur screen it actually happened(grabs) becuz once the game its sync'd, the situation chages against u, there is just too much delay to keep with the game flow to be reliable

I have played vs Kant n always we have a high ping: 200ms
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    I've had this shit happen against king aures. Is that a good enough name drop?

-trolls suck-
    yeah, same guy. I noticed it with him too. it was pretty lulz.
    Ah shit..    
    u need to consider the ping, anything bettween 100ms-150ms has certain situation with rollbacks, anything higher to 150ms u cant really be sure of what u seein ur screen it actually happened(grabs) becuz once the game its sync'd, the situation chages against u, there is just too much delay to keep with the game flow to be reliable

I have played vs Kant n always we have a high ping: 200ms

I haven't been playing long, but it happens only with this guy (and I play with a bit of people in the 200s) in a way that gives him the advantage almost every time and again it is not just normal lag during the game, cause i don't remember getting any then: Only during ambiguous moments that are life or death. Maybe it's just a fluke ... I just won't play him and the other guy anymore.
    Casually playing:
    I haven't been playing long, but it happens only with this guy (and I play with a bit of people in the 200s) in a way that gives him the advantage almost every time and again it is not just normal lag during the game, cause i don't remember getting any then: Only during ambiguous moments that are life or death. Maybe it's just a fluke ... I just won't play him and the other guy anymore.

Well, at least I'm glad YOU know who it is. I guess the rest of us will just have to suffer the same fate you used to go through when we run into him.
    Ah shit..    
  • Born2SPDBorn2SPD SPD Fanatic Joined: Posts: 276
    I heard from Nostradamusss that when you move the ggpo window, while the mouse button is hold, the game will lag. Someone should test this.
    I keep reading stuff about ST revival, about bringing this game back to life...
    Its nice to see big tourneys happening and old top players giving this game a chance again...
    But what we really need is new players... And having a strong scene obviously helps...
    But in my opinion what will really bring new players to our community is good tutorials/character guides so they can learn easily and have something to start... So, actually good players, stop being selfish and write stuff about the chars you know! The wiki is lacking so much basic content... Stop being lazy and do something about it.
    I don't know the other guys name, i just added him to ignore. I only played him once for a few games. I only remembered Kant, because he was in the room yesterday and I didn't notice I had him on ignore and requested a game from him, faced the same lagg issues and when i left that game i looked closer and noticed that yeah I had him on ignore from the previous games, lol. Something fishy ...
    Casually playing:
    Interesting, I had the same experience with Kant the other day. I ended up telling him GGs cuz it was too laggy to play. I didn't think anything of it because the guy did have decent skills, and usually good players don't stoop to retarded shit. To be fair, his ping was over 200 I think. I don't want to start a witch hunt so I'll just rack it up to lag. Besides, his ping is way to high for me to ever play him anyways.

But King Aures, I do remember specifically raging on him about the funny timing of the lag spikes. I think I remember quit mid game and calling him a donkey fucking fagot in the lobby. I think it was something like that. I might have said goat, not quite sure.

RELEVANT
    Ah shit..    
    If you are playing, yeah moving the window or clickng off of the window has an effect

-trolls suck-
    I heard from Nostradamusss that when you move the ggpo window, while the mouse button is hold, the game will lag. Someone should test this.

This was a common tactic in the MvC room to troll. Basically, if someone got stuck in an infinite, you could drag the GGPO windows and the emulation would pause for your side. When you stopped, GGPO has to resync and causes lag.

LoL @ people doing this in ST.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    LoL @ people doing this in ST.

I definitely have to do it!
    Sounds like a legit tournament tactic!
    Casually playing:
    I fought against King Aures sim and didn't notice this lag issue and we had madd clutch moments, most of which I luckily came out on top of ftw.
    Casually playing:
    I fought against King Aures sim and didn't notice this lag issue and we had madd clutch moments, most of which I luckily came out on top of ftw.

Well I had the opposite.

Also, his honda uses turbo.

-trolls suck-
    I played vs King Aures n let me tell u, he has a very laggy connection, seems he opened certain ports only, so u can connect to him, but some port not open which makes the game very very choppy, I had to make sure to use block strings vs him otherwise I got huge rollbacks n him taking the advantage

I can never see his ping, Im sure some of his ports r not correct, or maybe he is playing wireless, pretty much he is unaware of all these issues vs him
    Last time I played him, he lagged me everytime I safe jumped him or did meaty ticks. So... Out came magic o gief. Then lulz ensued.
    Ah shit..    
    Well, comes to happen King Aures does use turbo, here 1 screenshot of it:

kingauresturbo.png
    Well, comes to happen King Aures does use turbo, here 1 screenshot of it:

kingauresturbo.png

Late to the party bro. I input watched him weeks ago. I'm just not good at the take a pic upload it thing.

-trolls suck-
  • SotoSoto The un-safe jump master. ~FrankieSnow~ Joined: Posts: 244
    I knew this bunnies are doing it
    28u33nr.jpg
    BUNNY'S you`all so busted.
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,703
    Yes and people should also start closing more programs when running GGPO. Some people don't know that even the slightest amount of CPU given to another program can potentially cause lag.

/tired