SFxT General Discussion Thread rev.B

JampJamp Toxic BeautyJoined: Posts: 7,387 mod
The old thread got really, really clustered so we decided to make a reboot thread.

Post away. And remember: Speculation goes in the speculation thread, wishlisting goes in the wishlisting thread. Let's keep this organized, folks.
"Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
·

Comments

• BalloonMonkeyBalloonMonkey Xmas Joined: Posts: 553
    Oh hell yes. He would be pretty fucking annoying what with his lying down and shit.

This is making me want Lei Wulong. o_O
    ·
  • elboboreyelboborey Joined: Posts: 202
    all i gotta say is, game roster on release better be near 50. they have enough characters between the franchises to do that plus dlc
    ·
  • Budah96Budah96 Just Starting My Journey Joined: Posts: 359
    I think this game may have the roster about the size MvC2 which may not be bad if they are all balanced and useable
    Xbox Live: Budah 96
    PSN: Budah096
    SFxT: Ibuki, Asuka, Hwoarang, Xiaoyu, Ken, Yoshimitsu
    UMvC3: Wesker/Hawkeye/Strider,Nova/Frank/Ammy,
    ·
  • CitizenCIACitizenCIA Flipping tables since 96' Joined: Posts: 1,139
    The person wondering about Leo. The producers refer to Leo as androgynous. Early before the game came out she was said to be a female though. Leos a pretty cool character alright. But I dunno how well she'll fit in this game.
    USA's 7th best Hakan.
    "I'll write to Capcom after this, ask them to nerf Hakan" "Thank you..put him back where he should be."
    ·
  • KumaOsoKumaOso Trust Your Instincts Joined: Posts: 3,752
    Actually, Leo was confirmed to female a while back. Eleonore Kliesen or something like that.
    TTT2: Xiaoyu/Jaycee
    Virtua Fighter: Come On Eileen
    Avatar Art by Apofiss at DeviantArt.
    ·
    Hmm really? When did this happen? I always kind of considered her female anyway, but back when I played Tekken 6 it was always "Leos androgynous"
    USA's 7th best Hakan.
    "I'll write to Capcom after this, ask them to nerf Hakan" "Thank you..put him back where he should be."
    ·
  • Vivica KangVivica Kang I ADORE MI AMORE Joined: Posts: 250
    Actually, Leo was confirmed to female a while back. Eleonore Kliesen or something like that.
    Yes that is true she's a female and that's her name. I agree though I dunnno what she is going to bring to the table except have beef with Kazyua about her dead mom...And Ryu is already fighting him, so there is no use for her to be in here.
    Vivica Kang is here a reason....That's all you need to know.:coffee:
    fang-tribute-o.gif
    ·
  • BalloonMonkeyBalloonMonkey Xmas Joined: Posts: 553
    Hmm really? When did this happen? I always kind of considered her female anyway, but back when I played Tekken 6 it was always "Leos androgynous"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvzFEKWzN8k
    ·
  • Noble CactusNoble Cactus In name only. Joined: Posts: 8,452
    The Tekken wiki says it was revealed in the Blood Vengeance movie.
    "No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell."
    - Jung
    ·
    No, it wasn't. Leo wasn't referenced or seen at all.
    ·
    The Tekken wiki says it was revealed in the Blood Vengeance movie.
    It was at the Tekken: Blood Vengance Event they kept promoting.
    fang-tribute-o.gif
    ·
  • GenistarGenistar BLARG! Joined: Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭
    I think this game will have like 52 characters. That would be epic though XD

They should make a movie about this game.
    USF4: *Main* Elena *Subs* Rose/Poison
    Persona 4: Chie,Naoto
    VF5FS: Sarah
    ·
  • BemaniAKBemaniAK Regitrd usr Joined: Posts: 618
    all i gotta say is, game roster on release better be near 50. they have enough characters between the franchises to do that plus dlc
    They don't necessarily have the time or money, though.
    I'd rather not see DLC characters, I honestly hated the way Blazblue did it.
    I'm all for the Arcade Edition method, DLC Update that adds characters and balance changes, that's also available on disc.
    ·
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭✭
    CALLED.DAT.SHIT.

My friend owes me So much money this is gonna be hilarious. I always knew Leo was a girl as she use to be one of my main in Tekken 6 and she reminded me of Makoto so much. I can't wait till TTT2 to have my Paul/Leo team.

On Topic: Has everyone come to a consensus on who the 3 new characters are in the last thread? I think it was:
    1. Vega (Fuck yes!!!)
    2. Juri (also Fuck yes but not as much)
    3. Balrog (Boooooooooo mash jab FTL)
    Or am I wrong?
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
    ·
  • Shadow Ace 50Shadow Ace 50 Chaos Control A hoe Joined: Posts: 2,377
    Juri/Vega/R.Mika

this thread might go into poop mode but I think it will be ok since we are getting closer to release....and plus ill vanish from it once the game drops and post in my character specific threads...

*kanye shrug*
    Prayer Changes Things-
    "Spades and Yu-Gi-Oh are pretty much the same game" -Big G.
    AE: Vega/Fuerte/DJ SFxT: Vega/King KOFXII: Kensou/King/Terry
    ·
  • BrennanBrennan IT'S NOT A TUNA! Joined: Posts: 1,011
    No, it wasn't. Leo wasn't referenced or seen at all.

Harada "revealed" her gender in Germany's movie premiere.
    ~~
    TTT2: Alisa/ Ganryu - A.Ogre/Unknown | KoF XIII: Ash - Mature - Vice AH3: Eko
    ·
    CALLED.DAT.SHIT.

My friend owes me So much money this is gonna be hilarious. I always knew Leo was a girl as she use to be one of my main in Tekken 6 and she reminded me of Makoto so much. I can't wait till TTT2 to have my Paul/Leo team.

On Topic: Has everyone come to a consensus on who the 3 new characters are in the last thread? I think it was:
    1. Vega (Fuck yes!!!)
    2. Juri (also Fuck yes but not as much)
    3. Balrog (Boooooooooo mash jab FTL)
    Or am I wrong?

I dunno notice Dan, Viper, Dee Jay, Vega, Balrog, and Yang in SSF4 stages
    While:
    1. Juri
    2. Mech-Zangief
    3. Mika
    Are in SF X Tekken stages....I think it's them.
    fang-tribute-o.gif
    ·
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Guys, please keep teaser discussion in the speculation thread, otherwise this thread will start to turn into a mess like the last one.
    ·
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno notice Dan, Viper, Dee Jay, Vega, Balrog, and Yang in SSF4 stages
    While:
    1. Juri
    2. Mech-Zangief
    3. Mika
    Are in SF X Tekken stages....I think it's them.
    -_- Are you trolling? If you really think Capcom is putting in Mech Zangief when they already have the real one in the game and have already shown a stage with him in the background I have to question your sanity.

@ Jamp Fine but I don't know what we're gonna talk about for a while then......
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
    ·
    -_- Are you trolling? If you really think Capcom is putting in Mech Zangief when they already have the real one in the game and have already shown a stage with him in the background I have to question your sanity.
    Trolling may be my specialty on Capcom Forums but on here....I do not play games. Those three are on SF X Tekken stages while the others are on SSF4 stages re-watch the videos and prove me wrong.
    fang-tribute-o.gif
    ·
    Confirmation of alt costumes.
    Balrog is in the Airport SFIV stage, he's in the game.
    Move to the speculation thread like the nice mod asked
    ·
    Harada "revealed" her gender in Germany's movie premiere.
    I was saying that her gender wasn't revealed in the movie.
    ·
    Guys, please keep teaser discussion in the speculation thread, otherwise this thread will start to turn into a mess like the last one.
    Sorry Jamp.;)
    fang-tribute-o.gif
    ·
    Anymore news on the arcade mode? Will be like a acutal storyline or just plain arcade (plus final boss) and a ending?
    fang-tribute-o.gif
    ·
    Anymore news on the arcade mode? Will be like a acutal storyline or just plain arcade (plus final boss) and a ending?
    I think if a robust story mode was announced, we'd have heard about it by now :rofl:

I'd love to see an over-the-top ridiculous story since it's non-canon.
    ·
    I think if a robust story mode was announced, we'd have heard about it by now :rofl:

I'd love to see an over-the-top ridiculous story since it's non-canon.

That's what I'm dying to see also! They need to pull out all the stops on this one!!
    fang-tribute-o.gif
    ·
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    I'm still hype for SFxT. Lets see if the Gem system can get me on the hate train.
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
    ·

They've said a few times in interviews it'll be "the normal affair for a capcom fighter" So yeah, thats about what we can expect, the normal arcade modes, short endings.

Though Ono has said that for the inevitable SF5 he wants to do something along the lines of MK9, said he has been inspired about it. That should be pretty interesting. But for this game, should be pretty standard.
    USA's 7th best Hakan.
    ·
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have the link to the character stories on why they are searching for Pandora's box. I wanna read the stories so i can determine Elena's fate. I honestly don't see her being a part of it because she is to damn Jolly...never serious. I know that Kazuya wants if for world domination
    KoF= Kula, Mai and looking for a 3rd member... 3rdSO= Elena... SSF4ae= Sakura, Cammy & Seth
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante... SFxT= Julia,Elena
    PSN= melflomil
    ·
  • UltimaShadowUltimaShadow My Little Oni Joined: Posts: 848
    They've said a few times in interviews it'll be "the normal affair for a capcom fighter" So yeah, thats about what we can expect, the normal arcade modes, short endings.

It would be odd they would go to all the trouble to create that whole story about Pandora and not ever mention it again, so more than likely all the endings will revolve around it in some fashion.
    "The tragedy of all losers is that they THOUGHT they were on the verge of victory..."~ Joe the Condor
    SSF4AE Main: Oni (Sub: Cammy)
    UMvC3 Team: Nova/Frank West/Vergil (or Ghost Rider/Rocket Raccoon/Hawkeye)
    ·
  • perfectiperfecti Zzz.. Joined: Posts: 130
    Does anyone have the link to the character stories on why they are searching for Pandora's box. I wanna read the stories so i can determine Elena's fate. I honestly don't see her being a part of it because she is to damn Jolly...never serious. I know that Kazuya wants if for world domination
    you mean, this?
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk_en/character.html
    ·
    It looks like this has been updated to show official tag partners, too.
    ·
  • Dimitri LionheartDimitri Lionheart Patiently waiting for SkullGirls Joined: Posts: 146
    About the Jun thing on the last thread.

I haven't played any new version of Jun since Tekken Tag Tournament and I always figured Asuka kinda replaced her. (Jun was the first ever character I tried in tekken 2 and loved at a young age...I had a rough time finding someone new to main in Tekken 3 X__X;; )

If Jun has a chance to still be in this game THEN DO IT CAPCOM! Even if it is Jun/Unknown combo

Edit: Just thought of another obscure character that I would be interested to see how Capcom would handle...Mokujin. Would they only let him mimic the tekken characters? Or go the long mile and mimic the capcom side also?

Last time Capcom did anything close to that character from what I remember is Twelve from SF3rdS, Shadow and Marrionette in the Darkstalker games
    SkullGirls for EVO...you say you dont know what Skullgirls is? *LE GASP*
    QUICK! Take this heavy dosage of SkullGirls 101! NAAAAO! http://www.skullgirls.com/home

And thats how I saved scrubs life...
    ·
    Yea that's it. I wanna see why they are going after Pandora. I kinda see the background stories for the characters now thanks. There is hope after all. Something as corny as looking for lost children (wtf will they be in Antarctica) Capcom could make something up
    KoF= Kula, Mai and looking for a 3rd member... 3rdSO= Elena... SSF4ae= Sakura, Cammy & Seth
    PSN= melflomil
    ·
  • perfectiperfecti Zzz.. Joined: Posts: 130
    http://www.shadowloo.com/game-info/sfxt-impressions-brazil-game-show-portal
    - The mashing system is just like Sf4, the reversal window is huge.
    welp, there it goes..
    ·
    fang-tribute-o.gif
    ·
    The ability to wildly fling your stick and mash all the punches to get SRK, and that working, for example.
    USA's 7th best Hakan.
    ·
    The ability to wildly fling your stick and mash all the punches to get SRK, and that working, for example.
    Oh dear....:eek: That thing....I had a DIFFICULT time just trying to get Sakura's combos down with that.
    fang-tribute-o.gif
    ·
    That plus the super large window for reversals and wakeup reversals.
    USA's 7th best Hakan.
    ·
    Meh Ono's team doesn't learn tsk tsk tsk. well hopefully it's a completely new build comes NYCC
    PSN= melflomil
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Put a smile on that face Joined: Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The input shortcuts are still in so I'm not surprised so is the reversal window.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·
  • denshuudenshuu You sayin I like videogames? Joined: Posts: 326
    The reversal window doesn't really matter much, considering they aren't just going to magically mash out of chains as opposed to SF4's nonstop miss-this-link-and-you-lose combo system. It just makes wakeup reversals easier. Which, if you are sure you actually want to wakeup reversal, is a good thing.

Edit: Also, the bit about not being able to cancel chains into specials was just for the most recent build. Seth said during the Ultimate Norcal vs Capcom stream that they were trying stuff out, and that it's likely to be put back the way it was.
    No time for love, Doctor Jones.
    ·
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Let them mash. High damage plus a chain system and no FADC will make them regret doing so.
    ·
  • d3vd3v Slide Grab Gyakunitaku Kick Joined: Posts: 26,874 mod
    Edit: Just thought of another obscure character that I would be interested to see how Capcom would handle...Mokujin. Would they only let him mimic the tekken characters? Or go the long mile and mimic the capcom side also?

Last time Capcom did anything close to that character from what I remember is Twelve from SF3rdS, Shadow and Marrionette in the Darkstalker games
    Since this is a 3D game and they can simply apply the same skeleton to him (just like they do in Tekken) they can simply give Mokujin a random Tekken or SF moveset at the start of each round.
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • Gory snakeGory snake Joined: Posts: 231
    Has it been confirmed yet if backdashes are invincible or not?
    ·
  • VyomeshVyomesh Joined: Posts: 477
    Since this is a 3D game and they can simply apply the same skeleton to him (just like they do in Tekken) they can simply give Mokujin a random Tekken or SF moveset at the start of each round.

I hope he makes it. Mokujin is awesome.
    Low chance tho.
    ·
  • elboboreyelboborey Joined: Posts: 202
    alt mains

does not compute
    ·
  • d3vd3v Slide Grab Gyakunitaku Kick Joined: Posts: 26,874 mod
    Moved some posts into the speculation thread. Really, if it's all about characters, please keep it in the speculation or wishlist threads.
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • Bryanv2Bryanv2 BryanJ Joined: Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭
    I just read this from Shadowloo's impressions. Note: Pre-release assumptions below

''''The mashing system is just like Sf4, the reversal window is huge'' Mehhh, now you get that shit all over again lol. Not to mention its worse in this game since you got 1 bar FADCs, and you can combo from Shoryukens as far as I know in itself with no bar. But I mostly get mash srkd due to lag during combos so/chains now.
    UMVC3: Main : Dante/Vergil/Strider (mag). Alt 1#: Wolverine/Dante/Akuma. Alt 2# Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye. Alt 3#: Wesker/Anything
    Bait Reversal Fighter 4 AE: Main: Ken - Alts: Akuma, Seth, Ibuki. (Low HP lets go ;_;)
    BB CS2: Bang (Meh..), Makoto, Platinum
    Tekken 6: Raven, Lars, King
    ·
    I just read this from Shadowloo's impressions.

''''The mashing system is just like Sf4, the reversal window is huge'' Mehhh, now you get that shit all over again lol. Not to mention its worse in this game since you got 1 bar FADCs, and you can combo from Shoryukens as far as I know in itself with no bar. But I mostly get mash srkd due to lag during combos so/chains now.
    It's not really an FADC, blocking an SRK that's tag cancelled apparently leaves you enough time to do a reversal and hit both characters.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.