THE Combo Video thread (New Releases + Commentary)

Comments

• metalmike31216metalmike31216 The Wall Joined: Posts: 1,110
    my Street Fighter IV Combovid ^-^

That was really good
    :coffee:
    Me + Nanaya Shiki = 1 on 1 Government WORLD CHAMPIONS
  • GosBroDansFanGosBroDansFan Joined: Posts: 379
    MK vs DC Stupid Combo Vid

Mortal Kombat is so dead.

If you want a fighting game with comic book heroes in it, choose a real game:
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    A Garou combo & tutorial vid I made for Dong Hwan-
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin

Between videos like this, and the "Post your custom stick thread" in tech talk, it only expedites the need for me to finish my first custom project and get more practicing in.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin

Very nice vid man.
  • DA GAMEDA GAME Version 3.5 Joined: Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    A game that should've been/should be in the next Capcom Classics installment:

• MajMaj CvS2 Combo Collector Joined: Posts: 2,073
    A Garou combo & tutorial vid I made for Dong Hwan-
    Nice vid dude. I think the transitions were a little ghetto but i'm sure a lot of people will find the content useful.

Forgot to mention this earlier but ShinjiGohan and i made a Zangief video recently:

DFS Special Feature: Zangief Throw Exhibition

It was a nice change of pace and fun to make. Hopefully you guys will find it entertaining.
  • DeskDesk ハイパー・ディーサイド・デスク Joined: Posts: 705
    7 minutes of gief doing throws doesn't sound entertaining but that was actually awesome, lol.

good stuff guys. :tup:
    , lol. It was basically an excuse for me to cut some stuff to a new track, so don't expect much. I fired up my PS2 and got a clip or 2 from a few different games, just so I had footage to work with.

. Tried to see how many focus attacks you can do in one combo.

Finally, . Really just to show the teleport cross ups, everything else is fluff.
  • SLICK RICKSLICK RICK Joined: Posts: 1,118
    fuckin epic gief vid, Maj :rock:
    that deserves some rep love +++!
  • ZenFireZenFire Makoto: 3S only Joined: Posts: 956
    Finally, . Really just to show the teleport cross ups, everything else is fluff.
    Sick. Are the seemingly crossup DP's actual crossups?
    Forever mediocre
    Nice vid dude. I think the transitions were a little ghetto but i'm sure a lot of people will find the content useful.

Forgot to mention this earlier but ShinjiGohan and i made a Zangief video recently:

DFS Special Feature: Zangief Throw Exhibition

It was a nice change of pace and fun to make. Hopefully you guys will find it entertaining.

Oh thanks for the feedback. I'm actually using Windows Movie Maker to make the vids since it's pretty easy for me to use ^_^;;;
    ...and sadly that is how I plan to make all (if not most) of the future combo vids I'm making.
    Still it's about the content rather than the 'presentation'.
    You can find Vol. 2 in my Favourites, since I had to ask a friend to upload it for me. Vol. 3 should be ready by next week :)
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • FatalFuryDFatalFuryD Feint Cancel Addict Joined: Posts: 956
    Still it's about the content rather than the 'presentation'.
    FUKKEN SOLD

That, is the way to go my friend. keep up the good work.
    My Eternal Fighter Zero cmv, match footages and tutorial vid:
    http://youtube.com/user/seaechiowai
    (Latest update: 7 Jan 2010)
    Inuie G. Choi
    Sick. Are the seemingly crossup DP's actual crossups?

sorry man, didn't see this post. Yeah, they are. You can mix them up in the weirdest ways as well. Not that it matters now, lol.
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Jo Mama Joined: Posts: 8,963
    RIP HDR Akuma

Arcana Heart 2 combo vid I made

OKaaaaaaaaaaaaay so I was late in releasing Vol. 3, but better late than never ^_^;;;;

Vol. 2 for anyone who hasn't seen it yet-
    First look at Vol. 4 :smokin:-
  • SFA3-BeginnerSFA3-Beginner GGPO : Toki` Joined: Posts: 31

a sf4 combovideo I did for the hardedge.org videocontest

most of the stuff is shitty as hell (like the game itself) but I still hope u enjoy it :P
    Why you hatin' on a fun game asshole? ...and why would you make a combo vid for a game you hate?
    Nice exhibition combo vid though.
    and why would you make a combo vid for a game you hate?

hmm, its a video-contest and the winner gets a sf4 te stick and sf4 collectors edition signed by the producer :F, probably thats why :D
    hmm, its a video-contest and the winner gets a sf4 te stick and sf4 collectors edition signed by the producer :F, probably thats why :D

:rolleyes: Good luck though.
    So what games do you like then?
  • yourmotheryourmother 大五 運命腹 Joined: Posts: 1,528

Here's a combo vid for a donjon game called Little Battlers EX.
    TvC Brah
    Say maj, do you happen to know what's up with the uh 'deadness' of ComboVideos.com?
  • Alucard20Alucard20 Omega Joined: Posts: 1,148
    So what games do you like then?

Toki plays Jojo's. I myself use to as well, but CPS3 games run like ass, so I had to drop it.:shake:

Good stuff everyone.
    Vampire savior. Main: Jedah Sub: Zabel, Gallon.
    Marvel vs Capcom. Strider, Gambit, Wolvie, venom, MM and spidey
    Marvel vs Capcom 2: Omega/XX/XX
    Mvc3: ???
    Say maj, do you happen to know what's up with the uh 'deadness' of ComboVideos.com?
    There are a lot of reasons for it i think. Right at the top of the list is youtube, since the vast majority of CV content used to be hosting other people's videos, and now those people can get (blurry) hosting for free. Plus you get way way more views for posting a video on youtube than you do by making someone register an account on a website to download a 200mb file with a mystery codec.

Another reason is that SF4 caused a whole bunch of new "fighting game" websites to pop up, all of which are trying to market themselves by posting exclusive videos.

So basically that leaves CV with the small number of guys who were on their staff or otherwise had a partnership with them. And most of those guys are retired or whatever.

CV is still great as a classic combo video archive for content that doesn't have a home anymore, but they can't compete against youtube for new content. Especially in this crazy SF4 atmosphere where nobody recognizes half these new people posting videos. Plus i think they shot themselves in the foot back when they were successful by doing careless/disrespectful things like direct linking to files on other websites and posting videos without permission, instead of solidifying relationships with content producers.

Or maybe i'm completely wrong and it's simply a matter of the people in charge having other shit to do.
    Damn that's sad, hopefully it'll be full of life again in the future :)
  • COUMCOUM COUM Joined: Posts: 442
    bring back video opera
  • NKINKI Mashers Joined: Posts: 1,788
    bring back video opera
    Damn, dis nigga came out da woodwork. Droppin' 2001 video game sites like it's 2001.

UGGGGHHHH...let's go.

Sorry, this post was brought to you by cranberry & vodka.
    It was a fun ten years.

http://nki.combovideos.com
    Thanks to BlazeD and Preppy for hosting!
  • COUMCOUM COUM Joined: Posts: 442
    also it should still be made entirely in flash
  • RithliRithli Now in Tank flavor. Joined: Posts: 117
    Akatsuki Blitzkampf PC: version 1131SP1

Kanae Tutorial for Akatsuki Blitzkampf (HQ Link).

The text is much more legible with the HQ version so please view it from that.
    If you want to add comments/annotations onto the video itself gaijin-nicostyle, use this link:

For more information about this game, visit this thread (The first post has a bunch of essential info):
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=188284

Thanks for watching.
    aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh
    I would love to see one for the tank if possible :P
  • OmegaRed999OmegaRed999 Flapp Joined: Posts: 181
    Chapter 0 Preview

For anyone who still play MvC2 lol.
    I see right through you. I see your fear.
    The equation:
    Main character - assist = You can't stop me from comin in!
    Prepare yourself.
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    Blackheart Explored (I think this is basically a video bible for anyone who wants to zone the f*ck out of dudes with goblins and bloblins.)
  • yourmotheryourmother 大五 運命腹 Joined: Posts: 1,528
    Chapter 0 Preview

Yeah too bad nobody cares about Marvel anymore. Oh wait it's like all anybody talks about these days.
    TvC Brah
  • Xenozip.Xenozip. what a nincowpoop Joined: Posts: 3,942
    Chapter 0 Preview

Did no one show you ?

lol joking. :smile:
    Let's play.
  • Alucard20Alucard20 Omega Joined: Posts: 1,148
    Did no one show you ?

lol joking. :smile:

LMAO*

I agree with that vid.
    Vampire savior. Main: Jedah Sub: Zabel, Gallon.
    Marvel vs Capcom. Strider, Gambit, Wolvie, venom, MM and spidey
    Marvel vs Capcom 2: Omega/XX/XX
    Mvc3: ???
  • gosgos UNBAN SOGOS Joined: Posts: 134
    bring back video opera
    also it should still be made entirely in flash

FUND IT.

x
    [01:54] <setrajonas> cross assault is like the ides of march

more sf4 combos by me, had nothing to do so i tried a few things out :F

Two years ago I had planned to make Garou combo videos. This was a 'preview' of what the first vid would've looked like.
    I can't remember exactly if it would've featured scripts in the vid to show how to do the combos, but I did want the first one to have Butt, Rock, Dong & Hotaru (see how they are situated in the roster in the game)
    Song used is "I walk to my own song" by Stratovarius (whose new album Polaris is coming out soon)