THE Combo Video thread (New Releases + Commentary)

Comments

• tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,658
    d3v wrote: »
    Geez, y'all really starting this much over one comment.

And I even went and even submitted a post on that BBBR vid for the front page.

This is how people learn and grow, by getting negative feedback on their mistakes ;)
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,303
    You know D3v, BBBR isn't an Alicesoft game. I don't even know if it's officially licensed. It was made by Frontier Aja. Also, Big Bang Breaks don't really need anything special other than 3 meters, and the reason they aren't optimal isn't because of how rare they are, they're unoptimal because of how much meter you use for how much damage you get. Plus a lot of the combos themselves weren't even optimal Big Bang Break combos for the sake of flashiness.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,598 mod
    That's what was listed in Wikipedia. Alicesoft is listed as the publisher with no mention of Project Aja. As for thr rest, that was just me trying to infer stuff from the comments on YouTube and stuff written online.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    That's what was listed in Wikipedia. Alicesoft is listed as the publisher with no mention of Project Aja. As for thr rest, that was just me trying to infer stuff from the comments on YouTube and stuff written online.

Alicesoft made Big Bang Age, the source material for the game, but NRF (of MKV fame) made Big Bang Beat 1st Impression (again, I'm not sure whether or not it was even an officially licensed game from Alicesoft) and Frontier Aja took over after the 1.04 patch I believe of 1st Impression. Revolve was 100% Frontier Aja developed.
    HG101 says that AliceSoft funded the project.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    HG101 says that AliceSoft funded the project.

Yeah I just found that myself. But again, that's 1st Impression. Revolve is a different game entirely by a different dev team and I don't know what their relationship was with Alicesoft, especially since after they took over for NRF in 2008 they didn't make Revolve until 2011.
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Long time ago I played a demo of TerrorDrome, it had a few characters only and the gameplay was a bit stiff. Well in this last Halloween, the final version of the game was released, and while there are still some rough edges, the game has a decent combo engine that allows some good stuff, and then I recorded a short, basic combovid, I wish you all like it.

This time I used a well known horror game music track to give the vid more spooky mood. Please enjoy at 720p!

Terrordrome Quick Combovideo Vol.2 by MKK Team Venezuela!!

• CombometroCombometro Joined: Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    COMBOMETRO SFxT COMBOVIDEO (2013 Ver.)

Please guys... If you like or dislike it, rate it and comment it in youtube!!
    Guys Im about to star a gameplay video guide series, Im looking for advice, my english is not good also my voice sucks. I loved the tutorial the CCC2 ST version had. Any tips or suggestions? I want to break first the basic and some general stuff and then do separate chapters for each character with a bit more in deep info.

• BoodendorfBoodendorf Imposing your will is a matter of strength. Joined: Posts: 1,473
    A JJBA ASB CMV:

"‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost." — Cole MacGrath
    Check out my youtube channel here!
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,809
    Good work man.

HOw do I get that Jotaro Dio thing to trigger in the beginning?
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • BoodendorfBoodendorf Imposing your will is a matter of strength. Joined: Posts: 1,473
    Good work man.

HOw do I get that Jotaro Dio thing to trigger in the beginning?

Thanks.
    As Jotaro: mash 22S during the oraoraoramudamudamuda part while having 2 meters. That'll trigger it.
    "‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost." — Cole MacGrath
  • jinxhandjinxhand That Battle Fantasia Guy!!! Joined: Posts: 91
    Here's another Battle Fantasia combo vid. This one focuses on Odile & Dokurod. Please share your thoughts and enjoy in 720p!!!

"That Battle Fantasia Guy"
    Aulbath player in Cali
    @jinxhand on twitter!!!
    Go Ravens!!!
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,658
    edited January 2014
    Not a fighting game, but still...
    Post edited by tataki on
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • YariYari Joined: Posts: 76
    Since Isuka is now out on Steam, figured it would be a good idea to make a combovid for Sol

Hope this helps!
  • BurningVigorBurningVigor *sigh* Joined: Posts: 247
    edited January 2014
    Arcana Heart 3 Critical Heart Combo Video default Arcana.

Forgot I could just post a vid here.

KOFXIII - ExKyo / K` / Andy
    AH3 - Nazuna(Time) / Akane(anything)
    GGAC - Bridget / Johnny / Sol / Chipp / Order-Sol
    SSF4 - Guy / Sakura
  • Mitri MFMitri MF Joined: Posts: 433
    rKf recently released Combo Vid No.8 (SF III 3rd Strike - Urien)
    It's sick.

From rKf:
    Here's No.8 and this "should" be my final manually executed 3rd strike vid.
    There is 1 dudley combo everything else is Urien.(except for Intermission)
    Urien has too much potential and there is no way I am going to finish this character.
    I am trying to end it here "manually".
    Many thanks to everyone. I hope you enjoy them.
    Another multichar JJBA ASB cmv, this one is much shoter though.
  • pepopulopepopulo Eternal's groupi Joined: Posts: 633
    I've released my first ''serious'' combo vid,except for the long intro and the low quality I feel quite proud overall,any comments/opinions/improve ways?
    Nueva tecnología!!!
  • jinxhandjinxhand That Battle Fantasia Guy!!! Joined: Posts: 91
    Finally got a chance to release this video. This was done out of a request after I asked the community who they would like to see in a combo video after Odile&Dokurod. Enjoy, and please provide any constructive criticism. Thanks a bunch!!!

"That Battle Fantasia Guy"
    Aulbath player in Cali
    @jinxhand on twitter!!!
    Go Ravens!!!
  • Dark SkeletonDark Skeleton Joined: Posts: 40

Another jojo asb CMV.
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,953
    My first combo Video. Its really rough around the edges and few thing can be improve but mainly want to know if the formatting and presentation. Though I would welcome any critic.

Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
    keo-bas wrote: »
    My first combo Video. Its really rough around the edges and few thing can be improve but mainly want to know if the formatting and presentation. Though I would welcome any critic.

Not really criticism of the video itself, but YouTube is messing up some of the transitions when set to FLV video (DASH playback off) leaving a giant grey diamond on the screen.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO

Not really criticism of the video itself, but YouTube is messing up some of the transitions when set to FLV video (DASH playback off) leaving a giant grey diamond on the screen.
    Sorry about that any suggestion in remedying that?
    Seikuken Disciple

Sorry about that any suggestion in remedying that?
    Honestly don't know. I've gotten it a couple of times on my videos as well. It's not too bad since switching to HTML5 playback fixes it, although if you're on a slow connection like me, HTML5 + YouTube's DASH playback implementation is pretty annoying since you can't prebuffer.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    You should probably export as h.264 type files. They seem to be stable with YouTube, it's what I use exclusively.
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    You should probably export as h.264 type files. They seem to be stable with YouTube, it's what I use exclusively.
    forgive me if im little lost

if helps I am using HD PVR rocket.
    As for a video converter i am using prism video converter.
    for video editing i am using windows movie maker.
    Seikuken Disciple

Well I have no idea what any of that is or how it works, but you should still be able to save as .mp4 bare minimum. If possible you should upgrade your video editing software to something with good exporting codecs.
  • BurningVigorBurningVigor *sigh* Joined: Posts: 247
    Breakers Special Max CV

Really bored today.

Pretty fun game especially for a freeware.

KOFXIII - ExKyo / K` / Andy
    AH3 - Nazuna(Time) / Akane(anything)
    GGAC - Bridget / Johnny / Sol / Chipp / Order-Sol
    SSF4 - Guy / Sakura

Not sure how it works in WMM, in Premiere you can select the format to export to when compiling the video. There should be a similar option in WMM to set it to h.264 at 30fps (for YouTube so they don't need further convert the vid to 30fps).
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited May 2014
    Playing around with "subtitle" style combo notation in the videos.

Part of me is thinking that this can be taken further and have "karaoke" style notation where the specific input gets highlighted, or changes color.

EDIT:

More Fukua stuff.

Post edited by d3v on
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • I Kei II Kei I God Emperor Joined: Posts: 230

Some BBCP stuff for the 1.1 patch version of Makoto Nanaya. Combos range from 6K to 8K, and a couple utilize her parry and her Shooting Star invincibility, respectively.
    SSF4: Ibuki
    UNIEL - Linne, Nanase
    YouTube - youtube.com/user/Mikadok
    "The Power of Raida"
    edited June 2014
    Skullgirls CMV I did just for the heck of it.
    Post edited by d3v on
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • somepunksomepunk Joined: Posts: 126
    edited July 2014

My latest for Mista in ASB.
    Got some day one stuff for Linne in Under Night In-Birth: Late.Exe. -
    UNIEL - Linne, Nanase
    "The Power of Raida"
    DOA5U combo video by AiN, one of the guys who regularly sends this stuff in for the front page.

This one's for those who say that combos are pointless in DOA since you can counter hold out. Aside from the starting string to get into critical state, you cannot counter out of the combos here.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Messing around with counter hit combos then ended up just putting this together

Combos for Nanase in UNIEL. Got a vol.1 and vol.2. Vol.1 covers combos that can get up to 4K, but doesn't push into anything -too- flashy. Vol.2 covers combos that can hit in the neighborhood of 4-6K that involve Chain Shifting and other stuff, and are much harder to pull off, not to mention the very nature of Veil Off making the combos in the latter impractical, but flashy.

Vol.1 -

Vol.2 -
    UNIEL - Linne, Nanase
    "The Power of Raida"
    And one more for UNIEL, this time for Chaos. A little impractical ish for flash, while some things are pretty viable. Got some 5Ks toward the end. -
    UNIEL - Linne, Nanase
    "The Power of Raida"
    Playing around with the Yatagarasu alpha.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited September 2014
    Hina.
    Post edited by d3v on
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • kidarta1020kidarta1020 Joined: Posts: 2
    awesome dfo combo Video
    COMBO MAD
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Checked out those Yatagarasu vids. Hina in particular looks really fun to play. Nice stuff.

Got a Kamui combo vid utilizing combos both practical and impractical, obviously flashy as well.

Admittedly, I put this one out earlier in the year, but the game was only out in Japan, so with its release in the States, figured it maybe could help give some ideas to peeps trying to pick it up.
    UNIEL - Linne, Nanase
    "The Power of Raida"
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,344
    http://shoryuken.com/2014/09/26/harness-the-power-of-the-dark-hadou-with-etcmcflys-ultra-street-fighter-iv-evil-ryu-guide/

^^^
    Who frontpage this filth.....like seriously who did it?

Every combos he did or should I say most of the combos he did were all counter hit.To make these combos actually possible your opponent would have to be pressing a button as late as possible for it to ever be a counter hit.The best part of this is that he's calling them basic combos.....what's basic about it?

Counter hit comes from frame traps not jump-in combos.Dude needs to stick with MK9 & don't get me started with the dubstep....
  • somepunksomepunk Joined: Posts: 126
    youtu.be/7CbHiXTQJjM

My latest combo video, primarily for CC2 Fighters like Jojos and new Ninja Storm. There's some extras, though.
  • CombometroCombometro Joined: Posts: 4
    My latest SFXT combovideo. Pleae enjoy it.