Ultimate Gaming Spot Dedham MA

Gill HustleGill Hustle Joined: Posts: 221
Hey all, I've finally put together my game center located at 529 Providence Highway in Dedham MA (located inside the METRO PCS store)

A 20-25 min ride from Forest Hills T Station on the 34E bus route. Reach the Dedham Mall and it's about another 10 min walk. (I'll have more info later as I don't use the T much and am going by what visitors have told me)

This past Saturday was my official opening and till the end of October I'm allowing those who are interested in fighters to come check it out for FREE till the end of the month.

Currently I'm only able to have the location open on SATURDAYS ONLY from 6pm till 12 am. (Sorry my "real" job has it's constraints) In the future I hope to make it more available on Sunday and hopefully everyday when able.

What I'm offering:

My full personal fighting library. If it's a fighter I pretty much have it.

Usual suspects like SSF4 AE, MVC to obscure stuff (DOA 4 and Arcana Heart 3 have been approved)

I'm an old skool arcade head so yeah stuff like KOF98, 02UM, 3SO, etc . . . um yeah gotcha covered.

I've got 12 Xbox 360's, 8 of which are connected for LAN play (I love my Gears 3 people!) which are running on 22' ASUS EVO quality monitors (2ms I did my research, thanx SRK)

along with 2 PS3's.

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ultimate-Gaming-Spot/225442120852710

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UGSTeam

Need Pics?:

2011-10-05184215.jpg

2011-10-15180307.jpg

2011-10-08213616.jpg

2011-10-08213602.jpg

Need info? Call 857.247.4180 ask for me GREG aka Gill Hustle or my partner Jean Claude

See ya Saturday!
·

Comments

• Gill HustleGill Hustle Joined: Posts: 221
    bump
    ·
    Okay, I've outlined the set ups for tomorrow as:

SSF4 AE on Xbox 360

MVC3 on Xbox

Tekken 6 on both PS3 and 360

Arcana Heart 3 for PS3

BlazBlue 360 this system can run Xbox Live Arcade titles (ALL SNK arcade KOF anyone!) and can run MK, SSF4 AE, MVC as a back up if needed. I don't know too many BB players but am making the latest version available for play.

DOA4 360 (since people are interested in this again)

and Gears Of War 3 on two 360 set ups for link play for whatever gametypes. (more may be added depending how things go.)

Other fighters I have are VF5, Battle Fantasia, and MK. depending how things go I have DJ Hero 2 with dual turntables as well.
    ·
  • SinderSinder Joined: Posts: 124
    An offline center in Boston(or close to it)?? Is this real? I might swing through. Plus i'm a BB player so I might be the only one there :D
    ·
    An offline center in Boston(or close to it)?? Is this real? I might swing through. Plus i'm a BB player so I might be the only one there :D

We did have that running for a while but I didn't make more of an effort to reach out to the MA Blaz community. (which I will rectify) in it's place KOF98UM was well received and gives me hope for building a KOF XIII community :D.

Thanks to all that attended and I'd like to let everyone know that this weekend we will be open Saturday (6pm-12am) and Sunday (3pm-10pm) since just about everyone was for it.

I would have opened today but needed a little R&R plus this way I'm giving better advance notice. Hoping to build more rivalries this weekend!

Gill
    ·
  • Anthony MartinAnthony Martin Joined: Posts: 3
    Still no love for the Northshore.
    ·
  • Bad Lt.Bad Lt. Joined: Posts: 878
    Still no love for the Northshore.

^This

I've been here a little over a year now, and this area seems too busy to be completely devoid of the same competition that shows up in Framingham, Boston, Dedham and Lowell. Anyone anywhere near Gloucester, Mass. should shoot me a message on here if they're looking to get something started.
    Me: 1
    Conrad Birmingham: 0
    ·
  • HotWire_HotWire_ Joined: Posts: 10
    are there extra sticks for 360? I only have a ps3 stick
    PSN: HotWire_

Need some local matches to level up!
    ·
    are there extra sticks for 360? I only have a ps3 stick
    I have one at the store, but most people bring their own so you may be good.
    ·
  • MesoianMesoian Joined: Posts: 30
    Interesting. I've been looking for an event hub in the city, though dedham is still pretty far (that's like...2 tolls away).

Might swing by sometime in november.
    ·
    Okay gang looks like Saturday AND Sunday are a go this weekend!

As an added bonus I found some of these for 360 if you don't have a preferred pad for 360:

FightPad.jpg

While the hardcore prefer sticks, I didn't wanna overlook pad players and let's face it the 360 pad does not cut it. PS3 on the other hand, I hear no complaints.
    ·
  • blueNINEblueNINE RPD MCZ Alex Smith Joined: Posts: 1,278
    Seems pretty baller. If you decide to throw a tournament, I will probably go and check it out!
    Team Replay'd/Mad Catz!

Please let me know if you need stick mods or repairs!
    ·
    Seems pretty baller. If you decide to throw a tournament, I will probably go and check it out!
    Oh, the "other" Juri player! LOL sup Blue, yeah come check us out sometime!
    ·
    *Sigh* New England weather >_<.

Anyhoo, thanks to those that came through, it was a small group but fun with SSF4 AE, VF5, and Scott Pilgrim 4 player co-op made it worth it.

Another reminder that we are open today (Sunday) 3pm-10pm so if you couldn't make it yesterday, we'll be here.
    ·
    Anyone interested in games tonight? Gotta run by the shop later and since today is the last october thinking to open shop. Leave a post or call if interested.
    ·
    *UPDATES*

The location is open now Friday, Saturday, Monday 6-12, and Sundays from 3-10. Pricing starting a $5 . Picked up UMVC3 and grabbing KOF XIII this week of course.

Facebook:

Youtube Channel:

Or just call: 857.247.4180
    ·
    Attn:

I've decided that Saturdays shall have $5 all night fights from 8pm till close on all fighting stations (SSF4 AE, UMVC3, KOF XIIII, Tekken 6, etc).
    ·
    *Bump*

For anyone unable to make it to NEC, remember tonight after 8pm is $5 All Nite Fight on all fighter stations (KOF XIII, SSF4AE, UMVC3, Tekeen 6, and Arcana Heart 3).

And yes I will have a laptop for the NEC stream.
    ·
    Today (Friday) I'll be open for business as usual 6pm-12pm , so if anybody wants to drop by and check things out/get some games in come through.

Saturday I'll be closed cuz I'm heading out to GU for the tournament and Sunday don't forget I'll be doing one at UGS!
    ·
    393422_262134803850108_225442120852710_759325_1412511838_n.jpg
    After doing some research I've decided to start doing $5 Day Passes on days UGS is open.

Meaning $5 let's you play ALL DAY! Thursdays and Saturdays will cater to the fight crowd but if stations are open I don't mind letting people play whatever on Fridays and Sundays.

Please like and check the facebook:

for updates.

Also did some renovating:

409466_262134687183453_225442120852710_759324_2093399185_n.jpg
    ·
    Okay guys I have a new schedule for UGS:

Days open are now Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Thursdays will now be known as "Thursday Nite Throwdowns" with all stations dedicated to fighters.

Fridays will hence forth be called "Frag Fridays" in which stations will be used for games that encourage system link like Gears 3 : ).

Saturdays take the moniker of " Saturday Supercade" meaning that if you grew up in the arcade prime, game types from that era (Fighting, Racing, Music, 4 player co-op) will co-exist. Of course new school games like SSF4 and old favorites like Power Stone, can be together on the same nite.

"Sunday Sports", as the name suggests will be dedicated to games ranging from Madden to NBA Jam.

Of course keep in mind that if you stop in and would like to play a "different title" on an open station, I will have no issue popping it in for you. And it's cool to bring something for everyone to play.

BTW, I'm gonna do another fighting tournament on the 28th:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jan-28-2012-ultimate-gaming-spot-dedham-mass-dedham-ma.152257/

And hope to do a Madden and Gears 3 tourney in the near future.

That is all.
    ·
    Shout Outs to the New England Tekken Crew last night:

403095_270246579705597_225442120852710_785951_440457893_n.jpg
    ·
    Tekken Match Vids being uploaded here:

·
    Saturday SUPERCADE! with special guest:

Yeah I'm bringing it BACK! Of course this counts as a Fight NITE, but VOOT needs some love!
    ·
    Pic from Saturday SUPERCADE!

382880_271256996271222_225442120852710_788935_514854680_n.jpg

It was hard getting people to try VOOT (Theses young kids LOL) but I did get some good KOF XIII matches in!
    ·
  • HalfEmptyHalfEmpty Move by Will Alone Joined: Posts: 165
    yo man, this saturday I'm in there. I'll try and get the word out to the usual GU crew and see if I can get some of them followin me there
    091124_c.jpg
    | - keep playing and keep thinking - |
    ·
  • jblacksonicjblacksonic Joined: Posts: 43
    Yo, it's Jason. I'll be back Thursday around 6. I'll try to get something recorded in Sonic Generations.
    ·
    @ HalfEmpty

Looking forward to it and I may have a "Special Guest" for "Thursday Nite Tenkaichi" (Seeing as some no name fight site stole Throwdown from me LOL)

@jblacksonic

SWEET! I really liked those speed runs you were doing . . . but don't forget to brush up on your KOF my dude XD!
    ·
  • Dusty FeetsDusty Feets Best in Maine Joined: Posts: 372
    Gill, this place looks sick. If I ever have some days off from work I'll come back.
    ·
    Gill, this place looks sick. If I ever have some days off from work I'll come back.

Yes please do! I have Mega Man X8 a Progressive Scan ready PS2 with Mega Man X8 and a Big screen you can play it on :p

And what's this . . . another title ready for Saturday Supercade!

Let it be known I know NOTHING about this game other than it's a shooter that's popular with anime heads (that I got it cheap as hell) so UGS gives it a home but of course XD.

*edit*
    It's this one:

·
    Fight Nite Tonight! Let's GO!
    ·
    Shout Outs to everyone who made it out to Fight Nite (Next one this Saturday). Here's a snippet of what went down:

·
    Saturday Supercade (Fight Night) Tonight!
    ·
  • HalfEmptyHalfEmpty Move by Will Alone Joined: Posts: 165
    Saturday Supercade (Fight Night) Tonight!
    still plannin to make it down, I'm gonna be hittin the road with Eighty88 in a little bit. I got my own monitor which I'd be glad to bring, and a system setup with all the current DLCs for KoF and SF. you guys got any monitors that do HDMI tho? mine doesn't and it'd be way easier as far as cables go.

see y'all in a bit, I'm there for KoF!
    091124_c.jpg
    | - keep playing and keep thinking - |
    ·
  • BrawlKarterBrawlKarter Gen-Fu knows many style Joined: Posts: 93
    I need a ride out there. Anyone from the Boston area head out there? Have Gas money and PS/360 Setup as well as an Asus. Not that the Asus matters, UGS is stacked with EVO monitors.
    ·
    GG's from Saturday KOF sessions guys!

Also I've been "called in" for work today, meaning @ 7pm will be another Fight Night at UGS tonight (Monday) anyone looking for games feel free to stop by!
    ·
    Fight Night Tonight! Bring It!
    ·
    Saturday Supercade (Fight Night) Tonight! . . . Snow?! This New England!:

forumbubblevicious.jpgbubblevicious.jpg
    ·
    ·
    Incoming UMVC3 Final Matches:

·
  • BrawlKarterBrawlKarter Gen-Fu knows many style Joined: Posts: 93
    GGS to everyone I played.
    Shoutouts to team Replayd, BrainDux and Gill Hustle for a fun tournament.
    We gotta get a mystery game in there, my vote is the original Pong.
    ·
    Thinking about going for the first time tonight. Is everything Xbox? I only have a ps3 stick.

Because I'm HotWire

·
    Thinking about going for the first time tonight. Is everything Xbox? I only have a ps3 stick.

Because I'm HotWire

Right now I only have 2 PS3's . . . but your in luck! My PS3 to Xbox 360 convertors came in !

So as long as your stick is wired (Which I'm sure it is) you can play on 360! Also:

Tonight's "Special Guest!":

421609_288642801199308_225442120852710_828786_45744286_n.jpg

At first I wasn't to sure about this game cuz I just mashed my way through story mode, and tested characters I knew already and was like meh.

But then I played some OFFLINE competition . . . THE SOUL STILL BURNS!
    ·
    Nice, all I've been playing these last 2 days is sc5. Even though I'm terrible..

Because I'm HotWire

·
    ·
  • chachadesmondchachadesmond this micropenis is destroying my life Joined: Posts: 232
    Game's.
    ·
    Saturday Supercade (Fight Night) @ UGS!

With Soul Calibur 5 and Special Guest:

Of course I have a "legal" copy :p
    ·
    I like this set up:

·
This discussion has been closed.