The Official Ranting Thread

Comments

• AvengedxoAvengedxo Joined: Posts: 33
    Well, I don't know lars so much, but you should be able to Zone Hei really well with both those characters, his approach options are very limited.

Yeah it's never so much Nina that I have had a problem with per-say. It's more the Lars side of things. As far as pressure goes I think the Nina sides of things are okay. Second Hei gets a touch though you're down 50%.
    XBL: Infineetee.
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    I don't see how people still bitch about time overs. I had my six year old son watching me this weekend and he even said " wow, you totally killed him in like 15 seconds!", this was more than once. This says a lot about front page comments when a six year old gets it. He even commented on stuff about the patch since he hadn't seen it since pre patch. Other quoteables "Jack is still pretty good right daddy? Plus he is a robot so he is awesome.", "wow, are throws different now? All your extra life is gone. I bet this game is a lot faster now." etc...
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 SRK Water Gym Leader (Open) Joined: Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how people still bitch about time overs. I had my six year old son watching me this weekend and he even said " wow, you totally killed him in like 15 seconds!", this was more than once. This says a lot about front page comments when a six year old gets it. He even commented on stuff about the patch since he hadn't seen it since pre patch. Other quoteables "Jack is still pretty good right daddy? Plus he is a robot so he is awesome.", "wow, are throws different now? All your extra life is gone. I bet this game is a lot faster now." etc...

This just goes to show how immature much of the "FGC" is nowadays. :bluu:

...granted, I'm not sure if stream monsters or scrubs who have no intention of actually improving and just want everything handed to them should really be considered part of the FGC...
    XBL/GFWL/PSN/Steam: LordWilliam1234
    SF X TK: Cody/Heihachi, Christie/Cammy, Elena/Ken/Asuka, Guile/Bob
    SF X TK 360/PS3/PC lobbies held every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!
  • Shooting Star RockmanShooting Star Rockman Jaded Joined: Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭
    It's really ridiculous for someone to expect zero timeouts from a game which uses a timer. It's like expecting zero overtimes in a basketball game. :rofl:
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that people thought the patch would stop world hunger. The patch did a lot, mostly good, but there's still going to be time overs. Maybe much less of them but it will happen and if you're not on point with punishing tag outs and such with max damage, can't be upset when it happens.

But then I go back to the same question: who gives a shit about time overs?

Also love when people watch/play characters like Rolento, Alisa, Guile, etc and complain about lameness and time overs. It's like... What do you expect? That's their game plan.
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "waifufighter" ~
    SFxT - Juri, Cammy, Elena, Jack-X (WIP) | Smash - Samus, Lucina (?)
    Tekken | Leo / Feng | USF4 - Rose, Poison
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • AlociAloci BX Fenns Joined: Posts: 448
    Lars/Nina
    That's actually my team lol. If you have questions, I can lend some knowledge. Though I haven't had much Hei experience since the patch dropped.
    UMvC3: I don't even know anymore | SSF4AE2012: Gouken
    XMvSF: Rogue/Charlie | SFxT2013: Lars/Nina
    TvC:UAS: Ippatsuman/Soki | VF5:FS: Vanessa | BBCP: Amane/Hakumen
  • GemakaiGemakai HadouKen what Others HadouKan't Joined: Posts: 826 ✭✭
    I like your kid. Very smart.

My only rant since the patch and this is probably just my own inexperience is sometimes it's hard to react to jump ins, though it is still possible. Also it seems some people are still trying to do Jab Jab Jab pressure and I think even some are still trying to do timeouts. I mean, it's pretty bad when one opponent you get the life lead on and they're still trying to run away the rest of the fight.
    BBCS:EX: Hakumen, Noel, Bang, Hazama | USF4: Vega, Makoto, Elena, Yun, Sakura | UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Strider
    SFxT: Elena, Paul, Dudley, Vega, Asuka, Law, Julia, Bryan | P4A: Naoto, Aigis, Kanji, Shadow Labrys
    I like your kid. Very smart.

My only rant since the patch and this is probably just my own inexperience is sometimes it's hard to react to jump ins, though it is still possible. Also it seems some people are still trying to do Jab Jab Jab pressure and I think even some are still trying to do timeouts. I mean, it's pretty bad when one opponent you get the life lead on and they're still trying to run away the rest of the fight.

That's because people just... aren't incredibly smart online.

Also, people need to stop giving up with like 15 seconds left in the round. I don't care how daunting the life lead, try something, it doesn't take that much to catch up in damage in this game in one combo and a mixup.
  • Misty ChaosMisty Chaos You've Being Mistified! Joined: Posts: 172
    That's because people just... aren't incredibly smart online.

Also, people need to stop giving up with like 15 seconds left in the round. I don't care how daunting the life lead, try something, it doesn't take that much to catch up in damage in this game in one combo and a mixup.

That is one thing I've definitely noticed since the patch dropped; I actually have to worry about the other opponent all the ways until it says ' Time Over. ' Before and we all know, if you had a significant life lead after the timer past 20 seconds, you had little need to worry but now with the increased damage and loss of Red life with throws, the tide can turn very suddenly now!

And on the topic of throws: Capcom, for feck sake, buff the throw range a little! The current range is pathetic! I've whiffed god knows how many seemingly point blank throws and gotten severely punished as a result - That being said, it could be a double edged sword here given how important throws now are in the game.
    SSFIV AE: Juri , Ibuki, Akuma
    SFxT: Alisa / Lili
    That is one thing I've definitely noticed since the patch dropped; I actually have to worry about the other opponent all the ways until it says ' Time Over. ' Before and we all know, if you had a significant life lead after the timer past 20 seconds, you had little need to worry but now with the increased damage and loss of Red life with throws, the tide can turn very suddenly now!

And on the topic of throws: Capcom, for feck sake, buff the throw range a little! The current range is pathetic! I've whiffed god knows how many seemingly point blank throws and gotten severely punished as a result - That being said, it could be a double edged sword here given how important throws now are in the game.

I would've agreed with buffing throw range before the patch, but yeah, with how damaging they are now... maaaaaay not be that great. I think this is why they opted not to do that. Giving throws both buffs could have made them OP.

I suppose they could buff the range SLIGHTLY, but as it stands, with the speed increase of throws and their added benefit I'm alright with the bad range. Balances itself out: throws have bad range, but they start up pretty fast, and if you connect your opponent loses red life, and throws in general do good damage on their own (outside of a few characters).
    Why did I even change my GFWL account's region? Now I can't purchase the DLCs by the time they get released. Oh, the irony. :(
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that people thought the patch would stop world hunger. The patch did a lot, mostly good, but there's still going to be time overs. Maybe much less of them but it will happen and if you're not on point with punishing tag outs and such with max damage, can't be upset when it happens.

Also love when people watch/play characters like Rolento, Alisa, Guile, etc and complain about lameness and time overs. It's like... What do you expect? That's their game plan.
    TIME OVER!
    Stream monsters: JABxTIMEOUT ResidentSleeper
  • PiepmatzPiepmatz Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy! Joined: Posts: 274
    Game feels great now, I´m just ranting about one thing...

Where´s my fucking rematch button? I know, since all matches are basically lobby matches it´s uncommon to have a rematch button, but can´t this game somehow figure when there´s only two guys (or 2 vs 2) playing and offer a rematch button? We´re losing so much time on the laggy menus even when mashing the confirm button...

I really don´t want to know the compiled time I was forced to spend hammering through menus over a few thousand lobby matches.
    SFxT: Lei/Bob - Julia, Xiaoyou, Jin, Guy, Sakura, Christie
    UMvC3: (Dr. Strange - Jill)/Shuma Gorath/Dr. Doom - C.Viper, Thor, Dormammu, Nemesis, Rocket Raccoon
    Injustice: Nightwing - Bane, Green Lantern
    No I definitely agree, a rematch button is sorely needed. He'll, skip that and just give us non-ranked player matches.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 SRK Water Gym Leader (Open) Joined: Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That feeling when you practice for hours on a lag-free monitor, then go somewhere else to play and the display lag on their monitor completely screws up your timing and causes you to lose an important match...:mad:
    XBL/GFWL/PSN/Steam: LordWilliam1234
    SF X TK: Cody/Heihachi, Christie/Cammy, Elena/Ken/Asuka, Guile/Bob
    SF X TK 360/PS3/PC lobbies held every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!
  • stabicronstabicron CTRL ALT PSYCHOCRUSHER Joined: Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭
    So far its mostly the following characters and my lack of knowing what I can and can not punish that is driving me insane:

Law, Steve, Lei, Xiaoyu

Main problem seems to be is that near everything they do seems to be safe plus moves them forward for more of the same. I can block for a long time but sooner or later I am always going to misread something and bam thats 50% gone
    Ultra: Bison, Decapre, Oni
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Jam, Millia | KOF13: Athena/Kula/Yuri
    So far its mostly the following characters and my lack of knowing what I can and can not punish that is driving me insane:

Law, Steve, Lei, Xiaoyu

Main problem seems to be is that near everything they do seems to be safe plus moves them forward for more of the same. I can block for a long time but sooner or later I am always going to misread something and bam thats 50% gone

I can see where the frustration comes from. Like most of the Tekken side they love to put you in high/low situations and force you to make a bad guess (or panic from the pressure), then eat half your life for brunch.

A lot of it really comes down to matchup knowledge and just playing them more, and getting used to their options. Alpha counter will also help when dealing with long pressure strings, particularly against Lei and Law. Of course that requires meter so that's always an annoyance too.

One of the things that helps me with those matches is that I can play against others that play those characters constantly (except Xiaoyu, I had someone to trin with that plays her but he hasn't been around in a good minute), usually in an endless room.

A good, unafraid Steve is fucking scary.
    I can see where the frustration comes from. Like most of the Tekken side they love to put you in high/low situations and force you to make a bad guess (or panic from the pressure), then eat half your life for brunch.

A lot of it really comes down to matchup knowledge and just playing them more, and getting used to their options. Alpha counter will also help when dealing with long pressure strings, particularly against Lei and Law. Of course that requires meter so that's always an annoyance too.

One of the things that helps me with those matches is that I can play against others that play those characters constantly (except Xiaoyu, I had someone to trin with that plays her but he hasn't been around in a good minute), usually in an endless room.

A good, unafraid Steve is fucking scary.
    And i have yet to run into a steve since the patch dropped

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    i've ran into a couple. One pretty shitty and the other killed me so fast I had no idea what he did.
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
  • KitL19KitL19 Joined: Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭

Law, Steve, Lei, Xiaoyu

If you're on PSN and you want some Xiaoyu experience hit me up =).
    So I got to play a good Asuka for the first time...
    :<

I cannot get this chick out of my face lol. I got hit by that overhead elbow so much :<
    She was also able to counter Lars's cr.MK x Dynamic Entry in between the blockstring :<
  • FreakmonkeyFreakmonkey Draws Aminals Joined: Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Just wait till I get a chance to play8-)
    Plugs for shit coming soon...
  • stabicronstabicron CTRL ALT PSYCHOCRUSHER Joined: Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭
    If you're on PSN and you want some Xiaoyu experience hit me up =).

I am only on XBL. think half my problem is I am still learning this game but yeah more exp might help, or my team is not the best I am not sure yet
    Ultra: Bison, Decapre, Oni
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Jam, Millia | KOF13: Athena/Kula/Yuri
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invincible backdashes should be removed.
    Invincible backdashes should be removed.
    No. Deal with it.
    No. Deal with it.
    They are retarded. It kills offensive momentum and makes the game incredibly boring. Anyone who doesn't have a true block string can't easily apply pressure because the opponent can just mash backdash out of it. You can't easily perform ground OS in this game because of boost combos. After a knockdown, you can do an OS off a jump-in but if the opponent rolls then they get out free. So basically you have this dumb "wait-and-see" scenario which shouldn't exist in the first place. It's enough that you have to deal with easy reversals.

Yeah there are ways for some characters to deal with it, but I'd rather spend my time fighting the opponent's character rather than some brain-dead, dumbed down defensive mechanic.
  • GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 493

I bless this post with holy water! The truth right here.
    PSN: davmen05 Main Games: SSFIVAE, SFxT
    They are retarded. It kills offensive momentum and makes the game incredibly boring. Anyone who doesn't have a true block string can't easily apply pressure because the opponent can just mash backdash out of it. You can't easily perform ground OS in this game because of boost combos. After a knockdown, you can do an OS off a jump-in but if the opponent rolls then they get out free. So basically you have this dumb "wait-and-see" scenario which shouldn't exist in the first place. It's enough that you have to deal with easy reversals.

Yeah there are ways for some characters to deal with it, but I'd rather spend my time fighting the opponent's character rather than some brain-dead, dumbed down defensive mechanic.
    Oh no. How awful. You can't make the game play for you with OS.
    You've got a string that isn't true, and the opponent is backdashing out of it? Then cancel it into something before the gap. If you read my Backdash you can do something about it. You just have to actually think instead of going "Oh I don't know what to do in this situation so I'll let the game do it for me".

If the opponent is rolling out of your little "jump in OS" on wakeup, then do something else that lets you pressure whether or not they roll. There are roll OS's in this game. You can react to a roll and still get a punish.

It sounds like you're still trying to play this game likes it's SF4.
    Don't.
    Did you just not read my post at all, or are you just completely new to fighting games?

I can "read" backdashes? So what? If I read anything, I can do something about it. How is that an argument?

So I can cancel into something and it becomes a true blockstring, now what? Not every character that has a special that allows them to continue PRESSURE. The opponent either gets pushed away, or you get left at negative frames. And you can't do extended strings into cancels because the opponent can just BACKDASH out. And it's worse now that frame advantage and pushback has been nerfed in 2013 (not that jab xx jab pressure was even remotely fun or interesting...)

I can react to rolls? WOW! Amazing insight!! BUT IN MOST CASES YOU CAN'T REACT TO THE ROLL IF YOU PERFORM AN OS AGAINST BACKDASHES! That's the POINT! So I should just not use OS then right? Then they get out for free and we're back at square one. Oh but I can do delayed jumpins that hit them out of a reversal backdash. Except that it doesn't work vs chars with strong wakeups. But then you can use a high x-up. Except that if you play a char that doesn't have a x-up from heavy punch or kick there's not enough block stun to continue pressure without leaving a reversal gap, which means they can mash backdash to get out. Back to square 1.

Yeah there are probably ways to deal with this that are weighted in the aggressor's favour for some characters, but that's not the point. I don't want to have to spend my time fighting against the system mechanics. I want to fight the opponent and his character. The attacker should not have to think harder than the defender in an oki or pressure situation.

Invincible backdashes were dumb in SFIV as well. If it weren't for OS, that game would have probably died off years ago.

I wish they'd stop making games that have these brainless defensive mechanics.
    You've got a string that isn't true, and the opponent is backdashing out of it? Then cancel it into something before the gap. If you read my Backdash you can do something about it. You just have to actually think instead of going "Oh I don't know what to do in this situation so I'll let the game do it for me".

If the opponent is rolling out of your little "jump in OS" on wakeup, then do something else that lets you pressure whether or not they roll. There are roll OS's in this game. You can react to a roll and still get a punish.

It sounds like you're still trying to play this game likes it's SF4.
    Don't.

Really? That's pretty strange actually IMO. IIRC he got mostly buffs too.
    Did you just not read my post at all, or are you just completely new to fighting games?
    Oh I read your post; apparently you didn't understand mine.
    I can "read" backdashes? So what? If I read anything, I can do something about it. How is that an argument?

So I can cancel into something and it becomes a true blockstring, now what? Not every character that has a special that allows them to continue PRESSURE. The opponent either gets pushed away, or you get left at negative frames. And you can't do extended strings into cancels because the opponent can just BACKDASH out. And it's worse now that frame advantage and pushback has been nerfed in 2013 (not that jab xx jab pressure was even remotely fun or interesting...)
    And here is what you didn't understand about my post. Let me give you two examples:

I am fighting a Bryan player. He has a string that goes either high or low, and is basically unreactable. However there is a gap before the high/low, so I start backdashing out of the string. My opponent notices this after the second or third time, so before the high/low, he cancels into Mach Punch and smacks me out of my backdash for a chunk of damage and now I have to try and get in on Bryan again. Not only that, but he just told me: "Don't backdash out of my string", so now I need to deal with it another way, like through reversals. Which are of course, baitable for big damage.

I am fighting an Asuka player. I have no idea what her strings can do, so I try to backdash out of one to get her out of my face. My opponent knows where her strings are backdashable, and tosses out her Elbow overhead, which catches my backdash, nets her a ground bounce, and now I lose half my health. Same situation as above: "Stop trying to backdash out of my strings".

That is what I meant by by canceling your string. Besides, it's not like you need to be doing complete strings all the time. End them early if you have a string that nets you a bit of frame advantage at a specific spot.

Nina for example, has high low strings that aren't true strings, and are completely backdashable/reversible. So I'll stick to her 1,2, which is 0 on block and confirmable on hit. If I see you backdashing away after that to get out of my pressure, I'm going to throw out a Geyser next time which will catch them in the backdash recovery, and now I get a full combo.
    I can react to rolls? WOW! Amazing insight!! BUT IN MOST CASES YOU CAN'T REACT TO THE ROLL IF YOU PERFORM AN OS AGAINST BACKDASHES! That's the POINT! So I should just not use OS then right? Then they get out for free and we're back at square one. Oh but I can do delayed jumpins that hit them out of a reversal backdash. Except that it doesn't work vs chars with strong wakeups. But then you can use a high x-up. Except that if you play a char that doesn't have a x-up from heavy punch or kick there's not enough block stun to continue pressure without leaving a reversal gap, which means they can mash backdash to get out. Back to square 1.
    Why are you so hung up on doing OS's? It's not an end all, be all solution. This is not SF4. If your opponent is rolling on you, then just bait the roll and punish. If they don't roll, then bait a reversal or return to the neutral. Damage in this game is high as fuck, and you are rewarded for playing good footsies with high damage. So if you have good footsies, then I don't see how returning to the neutral is a problem.

Safe jumps are still an option in this game, btw. You can also abuse your backdash on their wakeup to make them whiff something. I've also noticed that characters with strong wakeups tend to not backdash out of Oki.
    Yeah there are probably ways to deal with this that are weighted in the aggressor's favour for some characters, but that's not the point. I don't want to have to spend my time fighting against the system mechanics. I want to fight the opponent and his character. The attacker should not have to think harder than the defender in an oki or pressure situation.
    I agree that the defender should be the one racking his brain in this situation, though in this game, I don't really feel like I have to make deep calculations when I'm on wakeup offense.

You're only fighting the system mechanics if you're focusing on the system mechanics. If you're focusing on the player, then you should be on the lookout to punish them for abusing their options on wakeup.
    And here is what you didn't understand about my post. Let me give you two examples
    I understand your examples and gave you a counter-point. A smart player will not abuse the same defensive option every time. What if they just block, or roll? At best, you're safe and the opponent gets out. At worst, you're at frame disadvantage or punishable. It's not like every char has safe answers to a backdash that allow them to continue pressure. Furthermore, a smart player can bait you into doing something to beat their backdash by doing it once or twice to get out for free, wait for you to cancel into a special that beats backdashes and either reversal, block and punish, or mash backdash again during blockstun.

The best option is almost always "wait and see". Stand at a space that allows you to poke and punish rolls, and if they backdash they lose position (arguably not a big deal because of huge stages). Great. But that's not a fun or interesting way to play.
    Why are you so hung up on doing OS's? It's not an end all, be all solution.
    I'm not. You're the one who keeps bringing it up, implying that I'm playing this like SFIV. I just said you can't use ground OS because of chain combos and most jump-in OS don't work vs rolls. The fact is I'm trying to play this game like any other traditional fighter where knockdowns actually have value. I *hated* the original version of this game because of invincible rolls with reversals. It's better now, but the same thing I hated about SFIV before OS was discovered is still there (invincible backdashes), and this time there's no easy way around them.

The thing about returning to the neutral game is that knockdowns and pressure are generally your reward for superior footsies. That's usually where bursts of offense come from. In this game, knockdowns mean a lot less so you spend more time in the neutral game, which isn't that fun compared to some older games (but that's a different matter completely). In this game, offensive bursts either come from pokes into boost combos, or punishment. That's all well and fine, but I still feel that knockdowns should have more significance.
    You're only fighting the system mechanics if you're focusing on the system mechanics. If you're focusing on the player, then you should be on the lookout to punish them for abusing their options on wakeup.
    It's not just wake-up. It's during pressure as well. In many cases the math just works out in favour of the defender.

This game would be much better without invincible backdashes IMO.
    It's not like every char has safe answers to a backdash that allow them to continue pressure.
    That's called cast diversity.
    Furthermore, a smart player can bait you into doing something to beat their backdash by doing it once or twice to get out for free, wait for you to cancel into a special that beats backdashes and either reversal, block and punish, or mash backdash again during blockstun.
    That means the smart player is either A) In your head. B) Outplaying you or C)Both
    You can't really just auto pilot your pressure, you've got to mix it up. Sometimes you make the right decision and get damage. Sometimes you make the wrong decision and get punched in the face.

And don't forget that those gapped strings could get reversaled TC'd into massive damage. I'd rather them backdash out.
    The best option is almost always "wait and see". Stand at a space that allows you to poke and punish rolls, and if they backdash they lose position (arguably not a big deal because of huge stages). Great. But that's not a fun or interesting way to play.
    I'm assuming you're talking about wake up. You do have the option of doing a safe jump, seeing them roll, and then reacting with a punish. Not every character will have this option of course, and will have to use the "wait and see" method. I honestly don't mind that one bit. I'm sorry to hear you don't enjoy it.
    I'm not. You're the one who keeps bringing it up
    Actually...
    You can't easily perform ground OS in this game because of boost combos
    After a knockdown, you can do an OS off a jump-in but if the opponent rolls then they get out free
    BUT IN MOST CASES YOU CAN'T REACT TO THE ROLL IF YOU PERFORM AN OS AGAINST BACKDASHES
    So I should just not use OS then right
    If it weren't for OS, that game would have probably died off years ago
    I only mentioned it when you did lol.
    The fact is I'm trying to play this game like any other traditional fighter where knockdowns actually have value.

Knockdowns do have value though. You can use it to charge a counterhit, switch your dying character out, create space, and get yourself ready to react to the opponents next action.

True it isn't as good as in other games, but I prefer these rolls and invincible backdashes to vortexs in SF4.
    and this time there's no easy way around them.
    I don't see the issue there.
    The thing about returning to the neutral game is that knockdowns and pressure are generally your reward for superior footsies. That's usually where bursts of offense come from. In this game, knockdowns mean a lot less so you spend more time in the neutral game, which isn't that fun compared to some older games (but that's a different matter completely). In this game, offensive bursts either come from pokes into boost combos, or punishment. That's all well and fine, but I still feel that knockdowns should have more significance.
    I really enjoy the neutral in this game, so I think it's tons of fun, and I am personally completely fine with knockdowns the way they are.
    Not every character will have this option of course, and will have to use the "wait and see" method. I honestly don't mind that one bit. I'm sorry to hear you don't enjoy it.
    So much typing just to get you to understand a simple point I made in my first response to you...
    So much typing just to get you to understand a simple point I made in my first response to you...
    No your point was more than that. I'm agreeing with one point: That some characters aren't good at the wakeup game.
    That happens in every fighting game.

Invincible backdashes are not that big a deal. Learn to deal with it. It's in the game.
    Learn to deal with it. It's in the game.
    That's just about the dumbest thing you can post in a ranting thread...
    That's just about the dumbest thing you can post in a ranting thread...
    Hey man I'm ranting about your ranting.
  • Wes MordineWes Mordine Joined: Posts: 13
    Why did I even change my GFWL account's region? Now I can't purchase the DLCs by the time they get released. Oh, the irony. :(
    Same here mate. Sucks! Hate this Region crap.
  • 5_Knuckles5_Knuckles Joined: Posts: 66
    If you take backdashes out give the tekken cast legit reversal options.
  • thecapsaicinkidthecapsaicinkid drops combo, pretends it's a reset Joined: Posts: 991
    How long have people been complaining about randomly losing BP online in not just sfxt but Capcom fighters in general? So why the fuck is it still happening??
    Fighting game player, coder, chilli lover, ruffian.
  • Aoi84Aoi84 ~Pretty Fighter~ Joined: Posts: 421
    Ya know, I hate the cross rush combo. Getting 400-500dmg for the derp easiest combo ever just makes links and solo character combos pointless. In fact, not only do they feel pointless, their timing is derp from the auto-chain inputs. Every single character is rewarded so highly for mashing jab.

It's its own game, and whatever, I don't want to complain too much, just to me I hate it more than I enjoy it. Even with the update, it's either gung ho mashing around until your jab->easy combo->juggle lands, or you could play a smart zoning/footsie/spacing game to avoid the jab mash, but you'll likely get a time out.
    Ya know, I hate the cross rush combo. Getting 400-500dmg for the derp easiest combo ever just makes links and solo character combos pointless. In fact, not only do they feel pointless, their timing is derp from the auto-chain inputs. Every single character is rewarded so highly for mashing jab.

It's its own game, and whatever, I don't want to complain too much, just to me I hate it more than I enjoy it. Even with the update, it's either gung ho mashing around until your jab->easy combo->juggle lands, or you could play a smart zoning/footsie/spacing game to avoid the jab mash, but you'll likely get a time out.
    Who gets 500 off lllmhh???

Who gets 500 off lllmhh???

Nobody gets 500 off lllllllmhh, I believe at best that series does less than 200. I believe you missed my point:

You can convert a jab into a 500dmg combo, with little to no meter...
  • DarkphyreDarkphyre single-minded Joined: Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with the update, it's either gung ho mashing around until your jab->easy combo->juggle lands, or you could play a smart zoning/footsie/spacing game to avoid the jab mash, but you'll likely get a time out.

I'm gonna have to call bs here as I definately play the later style and only timeout maybe one in 20 matches >.>
    Steam/PSN: Darkphyre
    XBL/GFWL: Shaniril
    SFxT: Juri, Asuka, Lili, Nina, Alisa
    BBCP: Izayoi, Bullet, MU-13
    www.youtube.com/Darkphyre
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Legend of Revengeance Joined: Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody gets 500 off lllllllmhh, I believe at best that series does less than 200. I believe you missed my point:

You can convert a jab into a 500dmg combo, with little to no meter...

With who? I play Kuma and without power gems and the most I can get from a jab is 350+.
  • donniedonnie 혼혈 Joined: Posts: 160
    Did they remove the specific character sections with the forum revamp or am I just missing them?
    This forum is now ugly and horribly formatted and confusing.

Someone PM me Alisa BnBs pls.
    San Diego
  • Vlad7779311Vlad7779311 Joined: Posts: 360
    I have decided to join the Rufus Hate Group.
    I used to tolerate the character, but then I found out what it's like to get pressured with Dive Kicks from a good player (Weren't the Dive Kicks actually nerfed in the patch?!). After hearing "AIEE! AIEE! AIEE! AIEE! AIEE! AIEE! AIEE! AIEE! AIEE! AIEE!" hundred times, I felt like butchering a pig.
    Playing as:
    TTT2: Kunimitsu, Feng Wei, Asuka. Also wanna try out Miguel, Anna, Michelle, Jaycee, Dragunov, Zafina, Leo, Lee, Lei & Wang.
    Skullgirls: Ms. Fortune/Cerebella. Looking forward to ALL 5 DLC characters.
    ST: Vega
    Persona 4 Arena: Akihiko
    UMvC3: I'm just a scrub trying to find a 3rd for a Dante/Strider team that isn't Vergil, Doom or Zero.
    GGXX AC+: Baiken is too hard. Looking for a new main. Maybe Faust, Millia, Potemkin or Jam?
    edited February 2013
    This match reminded me how much Heihachi must be hated. Those blasted jumping crossups:

Post edited by Shooting Star Rockman on
    ^

Gonna fix my rant. The damage isn't that high, y'all are right. I'm using low health characters and just see the health bar float just less than half after eating a combo... just assume half was 500.

I don't know, that jab reward is still huge to me. Just been hard for me to get off the SFIV mindset and into a SFxT mindset. I'm trying T_T.