The Official Ranting Thread

JampJamp Toxic BeautyJoined: Posts: 7,387 mod
Love the game? Hate the game? Love the systems? Hate the systems? Hate the fact that a character you love isn't in the game? Want to tell everyone how much you hate the Gem system?

Then feel free to do it here and here only. Enough derailing threads with pointless complaining.
"Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah

Comments

• NyuBomberNyuBomber Joined: Posts: 1,656
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

/rant

-I remember when people were fearing this game was gonna be SF4+some Tekken guys.

-A lot of the anti-Gem sentiment really is just "change is bad" and fearing deviation from a formula, and this sentiment itself isn't new, especially to fighting games. "Infinite assists and 4 attack buttons? NOT MY MARVEL."

-That said, Capcom is really, really messing up if they're dolling out anything other than cosmetic effect Gems as paid DLC.

-However, what I CAN see them doing is using the League of Legends model, which allows one to either earn points toward buying their stat-up items (runes) via simply playing the game (which itself is free, I still haven't paid a dime) OR spending the money to unlock whatever runes they need. Both ways take from the same pool of runes. In fact, the more I dwell on it, the more I think this is what they'll do. But, speculation.

-Juri Han and Vega/Claw CONFIRM ALREADY. Also, put in Bryan Fury.

-I'd rather get Hyper Street Fighter X Tekken 1-and-1/2 years or 2 years from now than anymore paid DLC, especially if Capcom keeps to their practice of cutting the MSRP for such a future edition.
  • BrennanBrennan IT'S NOT A TUNA! Joined: Posts: 1,011
    k, lemme start:
    • Useless gameplay additions that no one ever cares about. And worse of that; said shitty gameplay elements taking priority over relevant stuff (like character reveals at major events and player feedback about the gameplay);
    • The (bad) overhaul in the chaining system - something that didn't bothered anyone, save some elitist players who will not even play the game in the first place;
    • Horrible horrible background music lol;
    • Tekken characters being handled in a fashion that isn't even close to their real counterparts (with Raven and Julia being the worst offenders);
    • A poor roster design overall. Exepct for Poison, Rolento and Hugo, all of the characters are the mainstream casual ones;
    • Kuma purposely being the worst character in the game;
    • That stupid and obnoxious "X the Line" series - offending the Tekken player-base was really necessary, Capcom?
    ~

There's even more things that I could add, but I'll limit myself with these.
    ~~
    TTT2: Alisa/ Ganryu - A.Ogre/Unknown | KoF XIII: Ash - Mature - Vice AH3: Eko
  • perfectiperfecti Zzz.. Joined: Posts: 129
    Tekken characters being handled in a fashion that isn't even close to their real counterparts (with Raven and Julia being the worst
    seriously, this.
    first i was so happy they included my tekken main in this crossover, but after seeing his gameplay i kinda stalled.. somehow this raven reminds me of his tekken counterpart only in appearance and it's just not enough..
  • sycoticfatboisycoticfatboi oreos Joined: Posts: 210
    played the build at evo i thought it was pretty fun and sick. the main problem is WTF is up with this gem shit. honestly shit like that already ruined the game i dunno if this game should even be considered for competitive play. imo they should have gem system as a separate mode like pandora. But ono confirmed u cant remove it and made for competitive play. i thought it had potential but nope not anymore.
    played the build at evo i thought it was pretty fun and sick. the main problem is WTF is up with this gem shit. honestly shit like that already ruined the game i dunno if this game should even be considered for competitive play. imo they should have gem system as a separate mode like pandora. But ono confirmed u cant remove it and made for competitive play. i thought it had potential but nope not anymore.

Pandora isn't a separate mode, but a gameplay mechanic. That you didn't realize this shows that Pandora Mode is fine where it is and I hope it stays near useless.

Though maybe you meant to say Heroes & Heralds from UMvC3.

Then we get into the real question of how good Gems will be for the health of the game. Heroes & Heralds is going in as a separate mode with the notion of very little, if no balance. This allows them to go crazy with the effects, but also means that some card combinations. will crop up as ridiculous unless steps are taken to limit them.

However, as Ono pushes it and you admit, Gems are being made with a competitive environment in mind. They very well may add a pleasurable layer of strategy and depth to the game. They will be balanced with competitive gaming in mind.

The real problems people seem to be having with Gems are acquisition methods and plain not liking them in concept as a preference. The latter is all well and fine an opinion to hold, nothing wrong with it; some will like it, some won't, as goes most anything else in gaming. The former problem is much more worrisome. Could be time consuming. Gaming gods forbid they go "pay to win" with the stat changing gems. Or maybe we're being worry-warts and only cosmetic gems will be priced, while any stat-affecting gems are either in-game or free DLC. Who knows. I'm optimistic on the concept of Gems, but stil lin wait and see mode on how they're executed.

Either way though, I do not look forward to watching people pick their bling in tourneys.
  • Blacksonic21Blacksonic21 aka HsienKosHelper Joined: Posts: 485
    Alright originally I was pretty hyped on this game at earlier stages in development. It was like ok a tag version of SSF4 with Tekken characters I'm on board for this. But low and behold they began to reveal this cluster fuck of game mechanics that have me scratching my head.

The worst of them being the gem system that is now confirmed to be implemented in a way that can't be disabled. Are you kidding me!? I'm no elitist by any means but the fact that some guy can just add a gem to help him block is absurd. I get it, the game has to be beginner friendly and what not but why isn't the option to turn that shit off there? Is it because they don't want their stupid idea to go to waste? Oh yeah let's not forget some gems will come as lovely dlc.

The game is also aesthetically displeasing, it's so dark and grungy. All of the street fighter characters look like they got memberships to L.A.TAN. I won't talk about the character roster since that's all preference but I will shed a tear for my girl Makoto, you will be missed.

Anyway I'm done I know I'll still buy the game regardless if it's a pile of shit or not because that's what everyone will be playing sadly.
    XBLGT: HsienKosHelper
    SSF4AE: Makoto/Honda
    UMVC3: Hulk/Hsien-ko/Sentinel - Felicia/Doom/Strider
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst thing for me was the look of the game. I thought it was literally the worst looking game to come out of Capcom, period. Am I imagining things or have they toned the filters down though? The recent vids aren't as vomit-inducing as the earlier ones.
    Anyway I'm done I know I'll still buy the game regardless if it's a pile of shit or not because that's what everyone will be playing sadly.

Not anyone. I'm for sure stick with my regulars to enjoy the games I'm used to play.

Skipping SFxT (or any Capcom fighter for the matter) isn't a far-fetched decision.
    ~~
  • ploftkaploftploftkaploft Joined: Posts: 723
    To be fair, I may pass on this game because Diablo III will drop on early 2012 and it gets priority over any game to me (sorry Capcom). That being said, my opinion isn't worth as much as some of you guys.

The only thing that I'm worried about is the pay to win model that could ensue from DLC gems. Still, right now we don't know for sure if those pre order gem packs are DLC exclusive or early unlocks (like 3SO had for Gill and dip switches), or if there are DLC exclusive gems at all in the game.
  • CrashdCrashd Joined: Posts: 270
    A poor roster design overall. Exepct for Poison, Rolento and Hugo, all of the characters are the mainstream casual ones;
    Poison isn't mainstream casual? I mean it's not like people were requesting her because they enjoy her playstyle.

I was kinda ticked that she made it in but in retrospect, yeah, at least they made a quirky, unexpected choice there. Better her than Evil Ryu or something.

But what I think we all really want to know is WHY ISN'T MEGA MAN IN THE GAME CRAPCOM?!?!

Game is still kinda looking better than SF4 tbh, with the gems being a wild card.
  • Dances with NinjasDances with Ninjas Kung Fu Treachery Joined: Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    This game looks like ass.
    "Unless you mean Dances with Ninjas? Whatever. He's the genius champion of our generation..." - TWG Arthur
    Poison isn't mainstream casual? I mean it's not like people were requesting her because they enjoy her playstyle.

I was kinda ticked that she made it in but in retrospect, yeah, at least they made a quirky, unexpected choice there. Better her than Evil Ryu or something.

Poison was a niche and obscure character. Then just after her inclusion to the game, she became a hot subject in most gaming sites and communities. At least she finally got a good exposure - and good things came from it too (like LBGT gaming character discussions).
    ~~
  • Cody&Guy18Cody&Guy18 Joined: Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭
    New characters > copy paste characters. We need more Poison's, Hugo's and Rolento's for SFxT!
    SFxT: Law - Cody (Jack, Hugo) / USF4: Hugo - Cody / SFIII3S: Urien - Alex - Hugo
  • sycoticfatboisycoticfatboi oreos Joined: Posts: 210
    Pandora isn't a separate mode, but a gameplay mechanic. That you didn't realize this shows that Pandora Mode is fine where it is and I hope it stays near useless.

Though maybe you meant to say Heroes & Heralds from UMvC3.

Then we get into the real question of how good Gems will be for the health of the game. Heroes & Heralds is going in as a separate mode with the notion of very little, if no balance. This allows them to go crazy with the effects, but also means that some card combinations. will crop up as ridiculous unless steps are taken to limit them.

However, as Ono pushes it and you admit, Gems are being made with a competitive environment in mind. They very well may add a pleasurable layer of strategy and depth to the game. They will be balanced with competitive gaming in mind.

The real problems people seem to be having with Gems are acquisition methods and plain not liking them in concept as a preference. The latter is all well and fine an opinion to hold, nothing wrong with it; some will like it, some won't, as goes most anything else in gaming. The former problem is much more worrisome. Could be time consuming. Gaming gods forbid they go "pay to win" with the stat changing gems. Or maybe we're being worry-warts and only cosmetic gems will be priced, while any stat-affecting gems are either in-game or free DLC. Who knows. I'm optimistic on the concept of Gems, but stil lin wait and see mode on how they're executed.

Either way though, I do not look forward to watching people pick their bling in tourneys.

thanks for pointing that out for me about pandora i thought it was gonna be separate mode but holy crap thats lame as hell. I really liked the evo build where there was no pandora or gem system. The gem system doesnt sound to bad but i honestly dont really like it either. When i saw the video where Seth said when ryu activated these red gems and gain 40% more dmg i was like *facedesk* why!!!!! The Gem system reminds me of Marvel Super Heroes if thats the correct game that had gems in it that gave speed, power and etc.
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭
    New characters > copy paste characters. We need more Poison's, Hugo's and Rolento's for SFxT!

More Final Fight characters?
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
  • cbashchincbashchin Joined: Posts: 245
    I'm going to wait and see how this turns out. Capcom knows fighting games better than most companies and their innovations seem to catch on. I'm not sure how they expect people in tournaments to quickly select characters and gems, but if they made this game with tournaments in mind then I'm sure they will have a way. Who knows gems could be a great balancing factor because it seems like with the conditions to activate their effects and the costs of those effects all gems aren't gonna be good for all characters... Example... Player must use three comand grabs for armored grabs to be activated. Not too useful for ryu, but great for zangeif. Or character must land five projectiles to get sped up ex projectiles, not useful for zangeif, but great for ryu.
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
  • cbashchincbashchin Joined: Posts: 245
    Effects gems might make it so we don't see the same character and team clones at tournies, and encourage more diversity
    More Final Fight characters?
    With that post, I wanted to point out that SFxT needs more Poison/Hugo/Rolento as in "refreshing characters", rather than the usual/reused characters. But I wouldn't mind having Guy and Cody in the game TBH.
    SFxT: Law - Cody (Jack, Hugo) / USF4: Hugo - Cody / SFIII3S: Urien - Alex - Hugo
    With that post, I wanted to point out that SFxT needs more Poison/Hugo/Rolento as in "refreshing characters", rather than the usual/reused characters. But I wouldn't mind having Guy and Cody in the game TBH.

Well, more than half the cast is new.
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Speaking of this, when the sack is my boy Q gonna get some love again? Mofo's been sitting on the sidelines for too damn long >:(

I genuinely feel like Q would have worked way better in the SF4 series in terms of gameplay. Anyone else feel like that, or is it just me?

I would like to see Alex in SFxT too (the SF Alex, I mean). But I can live without them I guess :D
    Well, more than half the cast is new.
    Since this is a ranting thread, I say I'd like even more new characters (such as Alex, Remy,...)! ;) Capcom needs to focus on the long lost fighters. That's all.
    Speaking of this, when the sack is my boy Q gonna get some love again? Mofo's been sitting on the sidelines for too damn long >:(

I genuinely feel like Q would have worked way better in the SF4 series in terms of gameplay. Anyone else feel like that, or is it just me?

I would like to see Alex in SFxT too (the SF Alex, I mean). But I can live without them I guess :D
    Q would be a great choice concerning the Pandora story. He only shows up when there is a disaster around the corner. But he's a loner, like Akuma. With who could he team up? He'd be awesome any how.
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this is a ranting thread, I say I'd like even more new characters (such as Alex, Remy,...)! ;) Capcom needs to focus on the long lost fighters. That's all.
    Q would be a great choice concerning the Pandora story. He only shows up when there is a disaster around the corner. But he's a loner, like Akuma. With who could he team up? He'd be awesome any how.

Perfect reason to make a new SF character!

Or just pair him up with Akuma. :x

OMG Q AND NASH. PERFECT. <3

joe-sf1bust.jpg
  • kanzuki_boykanzuki_boy All You Need Is Victory Joined: Posts: 107
    1) Karin and Sakura are pretty much gone.
    2) Gem System is going to go above Capcom's expectations and truly break the game into pieces.
    3) No character themes from what we can tell.
    4) THE WORST ONE - Capcom has NO remorse.
    The Kanzuki will rise again.. <3
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭✭
    There's been so much salt about this stuff the past few days that people have been more concerned about being whiny **** about Gems and Pandora instead experimenting with characters when they have their hands on the builds, hence why so many of the character threads are barren.

I hate it when people just assume the worst at something new.
  • GirugaMarcGirugaMarc Joined: Posts: 350
    Fucking Karin not in this game. Fuck this party fighting game.
  • fallotfallot Joined: Posts: 1,475
    Love the game? Hate the game? Love the systems? Hate the systems? Hate the fact that a character you love isn't in the game? Want to tell everyone how much you hate the Gem system?

Then feel free to do it here and here only. Enough derailing threads with pointless complaining.

Some complaints are entirely legitimate. Would they end up here too? I don't think that would be right. I'm guessing this is more of a place for people to just vent?
    -However, what I CAN see them doing is using the League of Legends model, which allows one to either earn points toward buying their stat-up items (runes) via simply playing the game (which itself is free, I still haven't paid a dime) OR spending the money to unlock whatever runes they need. Both ways take from the same pool of runes.

That model is there specifically so that people are not given the impression they sell power when they essentially do (at least until you unlock your stuff). While you can only buy runes with IP, the actual (low) amount of IP you get is blatantly an incentive to buy the IP increasing boosters (which cost RP). It's not the first example of this system. Since it needs to be a grind by design to make a good amount of money, I'm not a fan. Don't give Capcom any ideas!

(Guild Wars 2's planned system is an upcoming example of this by the way, but since it would only apply to PvE I'm not concerned.)
    The (bad) overhaul in the chaining system - something that didn't bothered anyone, save some elitist players who will not even play the game in the first place
    Are you talking about any people in particular? Did someone's feedback actually contribute to this decision?
    I'm going to wait and see how this turns out. Capcom knows fighting games better than most companies and their innovations seem to catch on.

Not for a long, long time. All of the games they are putting out are past glory with a new "twist". Luckily for them, the past works they are aping were really good games, so the bullshit they add doesn't necessarily mean they are bad games.

Unless you meant most companies as in videogame devs in general and not just fighting game devs.
    Plays like it too.

Have you played it? I'd love to hear your thoughts about what you think is wrong with how it plays.
  • VyomeshVyomesh Joined: Posts: 477
    Gem system.
    Not because I dislike it(Well...I do, even though I am kinda warming up to it)

But because it killed the hype of several of my friends.
    I was looking forward to playing this game with them..
    Some complaints are entirely legitimate. Would they end up here too? I don't think that would be right. I'm guessing this is more of a place for people to just vent?
    I think it has to do with the Gem thread.
    Some people actually want to discuss the system and it can be annoying for them to have people come in and go FUCK THIS SHIT GEMS SUCK CASUAL SHIT GAME RAWR RAWR RAWR

Kinda hard to discuss the system while more than half of the posts are people just ranting.

That model is there specifically so that people are not given the impression they sell power when they essentially do (at least until you unlock your stuff). While you can only buy runes with IP, the actual (low) amount of IP you get is blatantly an incentive to buy the IP increasing boosters (which cost RP). It's not the first example of this system. Since it needs to be a grind by design to make a good amount of money, I'm not a fan. Don't give Capcom any ideas!

(Guild Wars 2's planned system is an upcoming example of this by the way, but since it would only apply to PvE I'm not concerned.)

While how Capcom would handle such a system is up in the air until they do it, of course, I have never once felt like the amount of IP given for playing a game of LoL (For the uninitiated: the points one gets for playing games, usable int he store to buy runes and characters) was low, especially not if I'm aiming for a rune. (Though maybe I just win too much. :3)

The key thing is that, yes, it's a grind, but it's not a grind I necessarily feel since I enjoy the game. I enjoy the game, I keep playing, I earn more IP, I buy champs and runes I want. Still haven't felt the need for a booster or skin, so still no money paid. Maybe others have felt the need to pay money for runes or IP/XP boosters or skins. Only one of those will really effect me if they're on or against my team. I still haven't felt like "Man, this guy must've spent money on all Tier 3 runes, he's killing me."

As long as the pacing of "Capcom IP" feels good, I wouldn't mind such a system.
    Spoiler:

Now that's what I'm talking about!
    While how Capcom would handle such a system is up in the air until they do it, of course, I have never once felt like the amount of IP given for playing a game of LoL (For the uninitiated: the points one gets for playing games, usable int he store to buy runes and characters) was low, especially not if I'm aiming for a rune. (Though maybe I just win too much. :3)

The key thing is that, yes, it's a grind, but it's not a grind I necessarily feel since I enjoy the game. I enjoy the game, I keep playing, I earn more IP, I buy champs and runes I want. Still haven't felt the need for a booster or skin, so still no money paid. Maybe others have felt the need to pay money for runes or IP/XP boosters or skins. Only one of those will really effect me if they're on or against my team. I still haven't felt like "Man, this guy must've spent money on all Tier 3 runes, he's killing me."

I know it's off-topic but: How you feel personally about the rate of IP gain should not stop you from realizing that this is the purpose the IP boosters serve though. The reason Runes only cost IP has nothing to do with fairness and everything to do with the image of fairness. I don't really have an issue with the rate of IP gain either because the game wasn't that serious for me. If I wanted to be fully competitive day 1, then I'd be a bit pissed. Not that this is wrong or anything, it's just not as nice as it sounds.
    I know it's off-topic but: How you feel personally about the rate of IP gain should not stop you from realizing that this is the purpose the IP boosters serve though. The reason Runes only cost IP has nothing to do with fairness and everything to do with the image of fairness. I don't really have an issue with the rate of IP gain either because the game wasn't that serious for me. If I wanted to be fully competitive day 1, then I'd be a bit pissed. Not that this is wrong or anything, it's just not as nice as it sounds.

It should be noted that LoL's leveling system means that even if I wanted an instantly gratified leg-up, I wouldn't get much of one, since one can only use more in quantity and more of the more powerful Runes by playing and leveling their account. Though then there's the XP booster....which then naturally takes you out of the beginner levels. At which point, it continuesto be less and less about having the most powerful Runes if you don't have the knowledge to build and play your character correctly.

The choice comes down to "Are you willing to pay the price we set for an instant gratification, or will you just play the game and get there naturally?" Players willing to pay are taken care of, players not willing to pay are taken care of as long as the rate of earning "points" is good, the company gets extra income and keeps people playing. It may not be nice, but it's practical.
    Okay, last post I'm making about LoL sorry!
    The choice comes down to "Are you willing to pay the price we set for an instant gratification, or will you just play the game and get there naturally?" Players willing to pay are taken care of, players not willing to pay are taken care of as long as the rate of earning "points" is good, the company gets extra income and keeps people playing. It may not be nice, but it's practical.

I find it sort of funny that you would consider having the tools to just play the actual game of LoL (anything sub-30 is basically a different game from a competitive point of view no?) instant gratification. I guess it's just a matter of POV. But yes I agree, very practical indeed. They make shitloads.
    Okay, last post I'm making about LoL sorry!

I find it sort of funny that you would consider having the tools to just play the actual game of LoL (anything sub-30 is basically a different game from a competitive point of view no?) instant gratification. I guess it's just a matter of POV. But yes I agree, very practical indeed. They make shitloads.

Bah, I've been sayign MOBAs and fighters have more in common than meets the eye for a bit. There's character match-ups, supers (ults), meter management, pokes, zoning, turtling, rushdown/pushing, move combos...
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Pretty much. Some people are just whining and messing up legit discussion - specially regarding the Gem system - so I made this thread so people can vent their problems with the game without having to derail threads.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
  • Cody&Guy18Cody&amp;Guy18 Joined: Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭
    It was so funny how at NYCC, they revealed Rufus and did not put him in the playable build of the game so people could test him out. Wondering when people will get their hands on the new build, since there aren't that many big events coming soon.
    It was so funny how at NYCC, they revealed Rufus and did not put him in the playable build of the game so people could test him out. Wondering when people will get their hands on the new build, since there aren't that many big events coming soon.

Well, since they didn't feel like revealing a Tekken character (much to all of our chagrins) to go with him, it would've been a lopsided demo. Inelegant.

Besides that, and probably more practically, we can pretty much tell how Rufus will play from SF4, and the questions of what Super he will have has been answered. The meat of any update to a publicly-available build of the game will definitely be coming with a set-up for Gems alongside any new characters.
  • Cody&Guy18Cody&amp;Guy18 Joined: Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, since they didn't feel like revealing a Tekken character (much to all of our chagrins) to go with him, it would've been a lopsided demo. Inelegant.

Besides that, and probably more practically, we can pretty much tell how Rufus will play from SF4, and the questions of what Super he will have has been answered. The meat of any update to a publicly-available build of the game will definitely be coming with a set-up for Gems alongside any new characters.
    You're right. After all, I don't think that there were that many people who were eager to test Rufus out. He wasn't a big suprise concerning reveals anyway, so it isn't a big deal.

Only thing that still bothers me was the way how Capcom (Killian for instance) announced how great NYCC was going to be in terms of reveals and new mechanics. Now, they've unleashed more questions for us to figure out rather than giving answers.

Oh well, next reveals could be something to look forward to. But when, that's the question.
  • ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    No Karin.

What? I can't really force a rant out of that.
    3DS Friend Code: 1392-4119-7524 3DS name: Zebster Pokemon X in game name: Zebia
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭✭
    No Karin.

What? I can't really force a rant out of that.
    You should rant about how Karin is never going to wash away how her last appearance was in Capcom Fighting Jam.
  • KelgarKelgar Joined: Posts: 208
    The gem system kinda killed most of the hype for me too.
    When they just hinted to it I was still pretty hyped because I didn't expect anything like that at all. But now that we know most of the details...I don't know, the fact that there are around 200 gems, how the system works, no mode with gems disabled (this is a bad thing even if it turned out to actually be a good system...why you don't want me to play the characters without powerups?) and last but not least the DLC/exclusive content thing...it just looks bad to me, but I really hope I'll be wrong in the end.
    -SF4 Chun Li user-
  • Mad MistressMad Mistress Seimei wannabe Joined: Posts: 678 ✭✭✭
    You should rant about how Karin is never going to wash away how her last appearance was in Capcom Fighting Jam.

OMG, I had totally wiped that from my mind. What a shitty game.

My only rant is at the prospect that gameplay stuff (ie., gems that affect stats, systems, etc.) will be paid DLC. I don't care if the extra cash and exclusive stuff is fluff like costumes, effects, accessories and so on but I don't want to have to pay extra just to be on equal footing to anyone else.
    Waifus: Litchi, Lambda-11, Mu-12, Shizuka, Ende, Yukiko, Chie, Saki, Dorothy, Lilica, Leona, King, Angel, Akira, Natsu, Hibiki, Kojiroh.
    Hazubandos: Akuma, Hakumen, Valkenhayn, Donovan, Gallon, Genjuro, Basara, Dio, Bison.
    Harems: Hulk/Akuma/Sentinel, Murica/Viper/Hulk, Dormammu/Hsien-Ko/Akuma, Beatrice/Virgilia, Rosa/Virgilia.
    Dat gamez: KOF98/2K2UM/13, SamSho4, SFA2/3, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Jojos BA, GG, AH3, P4A, MVC2/UMVC3, BB, Ougon, Skullgirls, Nurarihyon no Mago: Hyakki Ryouran Taisen, Phantom Breaker Extra.
    I thought Karin was considered pretty solid in that game.
  • HecatomHecatom (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to wait and see how this turns out. Capcom knows fighting games better than most companies.
    lol
    and their innovations seem to catch on.
    their innovations usually come from game of other companies that did it first (and in many ocassions better)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • rykushi64rykushi64 Surprise! I'm from Cuba, Everyone has One Brain Joined: Posts: 33
    My biggest complaint is how boring and unhype looking it is. I could never imagine watching that at EVO and the whole crowd explode over a match. But it's still better then MK9 :D
    UMVC3 - Nova/Frank/Spencer, She-Hulk/Taskmaster/Spencer
    AE- Who knows -_-
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ~Terran OP~
    lol

their innovations usually come from game of other companies that did it first (and in many ocassions better)
    So are you saying you'd prefer Fatal Fury's DM mechanic where you can use DM's that take half-life over and over again with no meter over SFIV's where there is a meter to limit that?
    So are you saying you'd prefer Fatal Fury's DM mechanic where you can use DM's that take half-life over and over again with no meter over SFIV's where there is a meter to limit that?
    i preffer to use the DMs like SS where once you get it you have a window of time where you can use it [PLAIN]:)[/PLAIN]
    plus that is why i said in many ocassion, wich implies that not always [PLAIN]:)[/PLAIN]
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    i preffer to use the DMs like SS where once you get it you have a window of time where you can use it [PLAIN]:)[/PLAIN]
    plus that is why i said in many ocassion, wich implies that not always [PLAIN]:)[/PLAIN]
    Alright, cool. I'm actually been thinking about using the SS/K-Groove "timed meter" mechanic for this fictional fighting game I'm coming up with.

Just to be sure, World Heroes had supers before everyone else, right?
  • itsOneOitsOneO Joined: Posts: 202
    Street Fighter V better be NOTHING along the lines of SFxT or even SF4. Bring back the "I beat you b/c im ACTUALLY BETTER THAN YOU" gameplay next time, Capcom. Features like Parrying & EX-cancels are the natural evolution of Street Fighter. This gem crap, buying your skills, & being rewarded for being a scrub will be the cause of the fighting genre's 2nd extinction.

(my rant.)
    The King of Pennsylvania Ave
    Watch My Animated Series "The Yard" !!
    Alright, cool. I'm actually been thinking about using the SS/K-Groove "timed meter" mechanic for this fictional fighting game I'm coming up with.

Just to be sure, World Heroes had supers before everyone else, right?

im not sure, there is always the posibility that an older obscure game have the idea first
    Features like Parrying & EX-cancels are the natural evolution of Street Fighter.

dunno man, some people find parry as an antithesis of what defines SF [plain]:O[/plain]
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)