IT'S TIME GGPO HAD A "MAJOR" TOURNAMENT AND A TRUE "KING", SO LET'S DO THIS!
ROUND 1 QUALIFIER: SliceEveryone (Boxer)
ROUND 2 QUALIFIER: TBA
ROUND 3 QUALIFIER: TBA
FORMAT / RULES:
- There are three 32-man bracket qualifying tournaments (three chances to qualify):
- ROUND 1 - October 28, 2011 @ 10PM PST.
- ROUND 2 - November 4, 2011 @ 10PM PST.
- ROUND 3 - November 11, 2011 @ 10PM PST.
- The winner of each tournament QUALIFIES for the FINALS on November 18, 2011.
- The winner of each tournament may not enter the following qualifying tournaments.
- To help keep pings as low as possible, we're restricting it to players from North America only.
- We are also instituting a ping limit. For players outside the US, we will be testing pings before the start of the tournament. If the ping is over 150, we will have an alternate take your place. (Sorry!)
- All matches in the qualifying tournaments are 2 OUT OF 3 rounds and DOUBLE ELIMINATION
- WINNERS FINALS, LOSER FINALS, and GRAND FINALS are 3 OUT OF 5 ROUNDS.
- CHARACTER LOCK tournament. Players must choose their character when registering.
- Akuma is banned. Zangief's "magic grab" glitch is banned.
- Anyone who is caube using macros or turbos, will be DISQUALIFIED and BANNED.
- Any excessive unsportsmanlike behavior will result in a BAN. Keep it civilized, gentlemen!
- Any players absent after fifteen minutes of the start time, will be DISQUALIFIED and the first alternate will take his/her place.
- If two players cannot connect, they will have the option of playing on an alternative service (Supercade, etc.). If this is not an option, a coinflip will determine the winner. (Yes, it's lame, but what can you do?)
- Online sign-ups will continue to be accepted after the 32 man pools are filled and players will be alternates (in the order received) for those who do not show up for the tournament. In addition, sign-ups will be accepted in the GGPO ST lobby before the tournament and those players will be added as additional alternates.
- THREE MAN, RACE TO TEN FORMAT between the three finalists.
- The first two players will be chosen at random and they will play one game. WINNER STAYS. The third player plays the winner one game. Repeat. First player to TEN is the CHAMPION!
THE WINNER WILL BE CROWNED "KING OF GGPO" AND HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS UNTIL THE NEXT TOURNAMENT (TBA).
for rules and to REGISTER.
- HUGE THANKS to SABIN for helping out with the stream.
- SPECIAL THANKS to PAPASI for running the brackets.
- Thanks to Ghaleon for his assistance with the format.
- Thanks to Ponder, of course, for this GGPO thing.