THE "KING OF GGPO" TOURNAMENT

Comments

• SabinSabin Arcana 2 on PS2 SUX Joined: Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    SRK should stand for Stupid Retarded Kids.
    Originally Posted by Alidfe
    Arturo Sanchez won't be the best Dhalsim until he moves to Kyoto and changes his name to Kazuhiko Nitsuma.
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    This is the last qualifer so it's time to bring it!
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
  • kevgeezkevgeez Joined: Posts: 351
    indeed
    Seeing you in Action is a Joke.
    ROUND 3 RESULTS:

1. Megaman3D (Claw)
    2. UCB (O. Sagat)
    3. Madzero (E. Honda)
    4. SteveTren (Ryu)
    5. Hyphen-ated (Fei Long)
    5. Fromo (Blanka)
    7. TheMuffinMan (DeeJay)
    7. DNGR S PAPERCUT (T. Hawk)

Megaman3D advances to the FINALS.

BRACKETS: http://challonge.com/ggporound3

Big thank you to Papasi for helping run the brackets. Skisonic and Techmonkey for commentary. Sabin for the kickass stream.

Finals are next Friday!
    Shhh... ST in da house!

Yes, thx to papasi (unsung hero i always forget to thank him), kuroppi, ski and tech. see you guys next week im heading back to the states
    Arturo Sanchez won't be the best Dhalsim until he moves to Kyoto and changes his name to Kazuhiko Nitsuma.
  • SotoSoto The un-safe jump master. ~FrankieSnow~ Joined: Posts: 244
    King of ggpo Tournament - Round 3
    FInal : Ultracombo vs MEGAMAN3D, min : 4 15
    Semis : Ultracombo vs Mad Zero
    FINALS are going down tonight @ 10PM PST! GET HYPE!

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Shhh... ST in da house!

Congrats to SliceEveryone for winning The "KING OF GGPO" Tournament!

1. SliceEveryone (Boxer)
    2. Kyouya (Dictator)
    3. Megaman3D (Claw)

SliceEveryone (10 wins) - Kyouya (4 wins) - Megaman3D (2 wins)

The 2nd "KING OF GGPO" Tournament to be announced in the near future! :)
    Shhh... ST in da house!

• TheMuffinManTheMuffinMan 「満」 「寸」 「越」 Joined: Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Congrats to SliceEveryone for winning The "KING OF GGPO" Tournament!

1. SliceEveryone (Boxer)
    2. Kyouya (Dictator)
    3. Megaman3D (Claw)

SliceEveryone (10 wins) - Kyouya (4 wins) - Megaman3D (2 wins)

The 2nd "KING OF GGPO" Tournament to be announced in the near future! :)

Congrats to all of the finalists!

Major thanks to Kuroppi and Sabin for making this happen! It's super appreciated! Also, big thanks to Papasi for helping to run the tournaments, Technical Monkey and Skisonic for taking time to do commentary, and everyone that entered for making the turnout so good!

I'm looking forward to the next once since it can only get better from here!
    "That you float along in the ocean and live a life of peace does not come from your own resourcefulness." - Demon's Sermon on Martial Arts
  • CzarFighterCzarFighter Joined: Posts: 161
    Yes, SliceEveryone is one of the names I use on GGPO and I change names about once a week. I don't have a good reputation because I troll the GGPO chat quite a bit. Players like Norieaga remember my trolling from my HDR days as has been seen in the what other players message you after you beat them thread and the bad games thread. ST is stress relief and anger management for me and playing with Balrog, talking trash, and trolling gets rid of my stress and anger.

If any of you players from HDR want to have a go versus me to see where our skill is at now such as Norieaga or milesokeefe then feel free to come on ggpo and bring it.

As the current best player online in ST as proven by this objective tournament, I feel I finally proved to everyone that talked trash why the belt and the crown is on me and not them. Haters can keep hating but they either got eliminated or did not enter the tournament either through fear or for whatever other excuse they could make. There were three weeks to qualify and this tournament could have easily fit someone's schedule. Offline scenes and tournaments are scarce to non existant in ST for many areas so players like myself can only prove ourselves online.

Obviously you can't judge an online tournament too strictly and call out errors because of input delay and more. There are times when you grab someone and the input just drops even though the timing is near perfect. That is part of online though and as long as ping isn't 150+ then one can usually adjust because GGPO netcode is the best netcode going right now.

Thank you for the tournament and I am glad that I have proven that I hold the holy grail of skill for ST.

I am the King of GGPO.

SliceEveryone... because I don't discriminate with my hate.

May my throne be bloody. May my rule provide pain. May my palace be covered in blood. May I continue to SliceEveryone.
  • 10000 Volts10000 Volts Joined: Posts: 54
    Yes, SliceEveryone is one of the names I use on GGPO and I change names about once a week. I don't have a good reputation because I troll the GGPO chat quite a bit. Players like Norieaga remember my trolling from my HDR days as has been seen in the what other players message you after you beat them thread and the bad games thread. ST is stress relief and anger management for me and playing with Balrog, talking trash, and trolling gets rid of my stress and anger.

If any of you players from HDR want to have a go versus me to see where our skill is at now such as Norieaga or milesokeefe then feel free to come on ggpo and bring it.

As the current best player online in ST as proven by this objective tournament, I feel I finally proved to everyone that talked trash why the belt and the crown is on me and not them. Haters can keep hating but they either got eliminated or did not enter the tournament either through fear or for whatever other excuse they could make. There were three weeks to qualify and this tournament could have easily fit someone's schedule. Offline scenes and tournaments are scarce to non existant in ST for many areas so players like myself can only prove ourselves online.

Obviously you can't judge an online tournament too strictly and call out errors because of input delay and more. There are times when you grab someone and the input just drops even though the timing is near perfect. That is part of online though and as long as ping isn't 150+ then one can usually adjust because GGPO netcode is the best netcode going right now.

Thank you for the tournament and I am glad that I have proven that I hold the holy grail of skill for ST.

I am the King of GGPO.

SliceEveryone... because I don't discriminate with my hate.

May my throne be bloody. May my rule provide pain. May my palace be covered in blood. May I continue to SliceEveryone.

I think this post of yours only proves how much of a dick you are. But hey! Who cares? YOU"RE THE CHAMP! WOOHOO!!!

And before you go ahead and try and talk shit to me.... I'll see you on GGPO and make sure you invite all of your friends to watch us play. Because you will fight me in a first to 10 and the result is not going to be what you expect.You will FRY.

XBL Tag: I0000 Volts
    Substitute the number 1 for the letter I
    The audio is a little out of sync after I joined all the individual match videos but here is the video:

Shhh... ST in da house!

I think this post of yours only proves how much of a dick you are. But hey! Who cares? YOU"RE THE CHAMP! WOOHOO!!!

And before you go ahead and try and talk shit to me.... I'll see you on GGPO and make sure you invite all of your friends to watch us play. Because you will fight me in a first to 10 and the result is not going to be what you expect.You will FRY.

Balrog pretty much beats Blanka for free and I do not remember losing a set to a Blanka with Balrog in years. What makes your Blanka any different than the rest? I'll be glad to play you, but you will probably be too scared to show up. I'm not hard to find to arrange matches if you are on GGPO ST chat.
  • KyouyaKyouya SSF2T Joined: Posts: 173
    Congratulations Czar.

The games were incredibly smooth, i didn't had any lag or frame skip when i played both Czar and Megaman3D. I had a couple of terrible mistakes because i was so nervous, but i hope i can fix my errors and give a good show the next time.

And of course thanks to Kuroppi, Papasi, Sabin, TechnicalMonkey, Mizuki, Ponder and all the other people who helped to make this tournament possible, it was so good and i had an excellent time playing it. Thanks.

Good games Czar and Megaman3D.
    Strike First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy.
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    best way to thank Ponder is:

http://ggpo.net/donate/
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
  • ~Reign~~Reign~ Psycho Blanka Joined: Posts: 390
    I think the fact that Czar won this tournament quickly got to his head. It's easy to go off and claim you're the "king" of GGPO when the title of the tourney is "king of GGPO." But you gotta ask the question "are you REALLY the king of GGPO?" Yea, the ones we considered the best had 3 chances to prove it by entering, but they didn't. They probably had better things to do rather than playing in an online tournament. Who knows?

One can argue that Czar had an easy path, or what seems to be the default response of Boxer = easy mode. I mean let's be honest it doesn't take that much skill to dominate with Boxer, let alone win an online tourney. Now, I'm not saying Czar is not good...Actually, yea I am. However, he does have enough matchup knowledge to get the W, and that's all that matters.

With that said, I feel in order to determine who the REAL king of GGPO is, next tourney gotta be round robin. Everybody plays everybody. Afterwards, top 8 go at it in a double elimination bracket. Grand finals would be a ft10. I think that would be a crazy fun ass tourney, offline or online.
    With that said, I feel in order to determine who the REAL king of GGPO is, next tourney gotta be round robin. Everybody plays everybody. Afterwards, top 8 go at it in a double elimination bracket. Grand finals would be a ft10. I think that would be a crazy fun ass tourney, offline or online.

A round robin format in the qualifying stages was actually considered but that would be impossible to run due to time constraints and I think it's very complicated for an online tournament. And a format like that is just never run in large tournaments. The only way I can see pulling this off is by doing small round robin brackets 4-5 times a week but there are big negatives to doing this:
    • I think myself, Papasi and Sabin (along with the commentators) wouldn't have the time to do this . I know I wouldn't have the time.
    • Related to the first issue, one of the biggest reasons for this tournament was for the stream, both for the exposure it brought for ST and the fact that Sabin wanted the experience of doing it and I think I can safely say that we couldn't pull off streaming that many times a week.
    • I think doing it this way would really hurt the hype the big tournaments brought every week.

And in my opinion, while round robin formats are nice for more accurate results, they're not very exciting.

While I think this tournament went really well, there is always room for improvement. There will likely be tweaks to the format for the next one. But suggestions like yours are definitely welcome.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

I beat this DJ Reign guy either 10-0 or 9-1 in a set before. I also remember easily beating him in two first to 5s also. What would you know about high level play Reign when you can't even come close to beating me and might squeeze out a win every 10 matches because ST health bars are so low that is it can be done just for that reason alone.

Your opinion is alright to give, but don't go judging skill when I control your soul when we fight. Also I did not just win. I won convincingly in every area. I also easily beat most of the people that you claim I should have played in the final 8 in ggpox challonge tournaments.

Keep hating, but here I am laughing because I know you will never win one of these tournaments by a long shot. Thanks for the salt for my french fries though.
    So when the FT10 happening?
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    Good shit to everyone involved, and congrats to Slice.

Bob, when you wanna do it big again just let me know =)
    Thx everyone for participating, too bad I stream this game more than I play it. I don't have a good enough PC to stream and play at a optimal setting (for example, anytime I play on GGPO and stream I havet to play in a window 1/4 the size of my monitor to keep the framerate smooth for everyone. but it was definitely fun and GG's to everyone fo sho!
    Czar congrats , but you where so lucky this guys won't let me play , i eat rogs , how can you measure the king of ggpo if half of the players won't play, this is the king of north america ggpo, you know latins owned this game
    Czar congrats , but you where so lucky this guys won't let me play , i eat rogs , how can you measure the king of ggpo if half of the players won't play, this is the king of north america ggpo, you know latins owned this game

You do realize that the reason it was North America only is because it is extremely chaotic to run a online tourney, right? not to mention ping issues. I mean people need to chil out, it was just for fun it's not like any money was on the line, and it was a great way to showcase everyone's skills and promote ST/GGPO if anything.
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    I think he was just teasing on the guy, Arturo. Of course, having CA and SA entering it would cause issues. TBH, sometimes 60 ms latency gets me angry. At least when I have the honor of playing some of the EC guys, with around 180 ms latency, I know before hand things will be messy.

It is a great thing you (+ Kuroppi and ?Papasi?) ran this, and now let us hope not only more players join the next such event, but they also enter more offline tournaments and gatherings. And stop Marsgatting us out: you're not free at all!
    yea no biggie just a little tease , i know that you guys where worried about ping n stuff , at the end the tourney was fun , nice work on the stream , papso can sukkk dez nutz , and maybe i run a global king of just to check on all players :blah:
    You do realize that the reason it was North America only is because it is extremely chaotic to run a online tourney, right? not to mention ping issues. I mean people need to chil out, it was just for fun it's not like any money was on the line, and it was a great way to showcase everyone's skills and promote ST/GGPO if anything.

GGPO is serious business!

There may be a special event coming for South America/Mexico. Stay tuned... ;)
    Shhh... ST in da house!

• ~Reign~~Reign~ Psycho Blanka Joined: Posts: 390
    I beat this DJ Reign guy either 10-0 or 9-1 in a set before. I also remember easily beating him in two first to 5s also. What would you know about high level play Reign when you can't even come close to beating me and might squeeze out a win every 10 matches because ST health bars are so low that is it can be done just for that reason alone.

Your opinion is alright to give, but don't go judging skill when I control your soul when we fight. Also I did not just win. I won convincingly in every area. I also easily beat most of the people that you claim I should have played in the final 8 in ggpox challonge tournaments.

Keep hating, but here I am laughing because I know you will never win one of these tournaments by a long shot. Thanks for the salt for my french fries though.
    Will I ever win an ONLINE tournament? Who knows? It really doesn't matter to me. I got nothing to prove here, and I don't take this game as seriously as you do. And for the record, I wasn't being salty. Just calling it like I see it.

Second, yes it's my opinion what I said. It should not even matter to you what my opinion is. But let me ask you, where in the hell did you come up with us actually playing each other? I don't think I ever played you, and even if we did, I hardly doubt that the count would be 10-0 or 9-1. I think you are getting ahead of yourself.

And as far as me not knowing what high level play is? I'm just gonna leave that alone. I guess according to you me playing against Daigo in an OFFLINE tournament, DGV, Valle, and John Choi does NOT count as high enough level for you. I mean, you DO PLAY BOXER. NO ONE'S AT A HIGHER LEVEL THAN YOU WHO WON AN ONLINE TOURNEY AND CLAIM THE TITLE OF KING OF GGPO. Yea, can't tell you nothing.
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    guys, if you are on ggpo long enough, you know who these people are.

czar even said it himself, he is trolling intentionally for his own pleasure.
    willydestroya/ritual/czar just want you guys to react. you all know what's the best thing to do.
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • CUTWESTCUTWEST There is no rivalry. =( Joined: Posts: 1,778
    I think the fact that Czar won this tournament quickly got to his head. It's easy to go off and claim you're the "king" of GGPO when the title of the tourney is "king of GGPO." But you gotta ask the question "are you REALLY the king of GGPO?" Yea, the ones we considered the best had 3 chances to prove it by entering, but they didn't. They probably had better things to do rather than playing in an online tournament. Who knows?

One can argue that Czar had an easy path, or what seems to be the default response of Boxer = easy mode. I mean let's be honest it doesn't take that much skill to dominate with Boxer, let alone win an online tourney. Now, I'm not saying Czar is not good...Actually, yea I am. However, he does have enough matchup knowledge to get the W, and that's all that matters.

tumblr_lpufsqunJa1r0f134o1_250.gif
    Will I ever win an ONLINE tournament? Who knows? It really doesn't matter to me. I got nothing to prove here, and I don't take this game as seriously as you do. And for the record, I wasn't being salty. Just calling it like I see it.

Second, yes it's my opinion what I said. It should not even matter to you what my opinion is. But let me ask you, where in the hell did you come up with us actually playing each other? I don't think I ever played you, and even if we did, I hardly doubt that the count would be 10-0 or 9-1. I think you are getting ahead of yourself.

And as far as me not knowing what high level play is? I'm just gonna leave that alone. I guess according to you me playing against Daigo in an OFFLINE tournament, DGV, Valle, and John Choi does NOT count as high enough level for you. I mean, you DO PLAY BOXER. NO ONE'S AT A HIGHER LEVEL THAN YOU WHO WON AN ONLINE TOURNEY AND CLAIM THE TITLE OF KING OF GGPO. Yea, can't tell you nothing.

tumblr_lpufsqunJa1r0f134o2_250.gif

Moreover, I find it extremely funny how wannabe "Counter-Trolls" like papasi, Cigargirl, etc constantly (more like desperately) keeps trying to convey people to ignore the "trolls", yet, they're the main ones always constantly giving them the attention by always bringing that subject matter up every time they get the opportunity to do so...Why do they do it? for the attention maybe? And yet those very same trolls are either not giving them the time a day and majority of the people they try to convey and the trolls they fail to defeat just don't give a fuck..LOL, how ironic?

Just letting those blunt facts be knownst well now, i know ill probably get an infraction for this in like 5 years prior till the day this was posted but a fuck is beyond not gaven till that day happens. You aint even gotta reply back to this post neither, if you read all my shit thus far to this point and understand it thats all i care about and my job is beyond done here.
    10K Volts I heard you were looking for me on GGPO, so arrange a date and time. I'll get you embarrassed fast.

As for Reign, I beat this guy on three separate occasions and I use different names so obviously it wasn't on SliceEveryone. Your Blanka was easier than loose pie. I would hope you don't take the game seriously because if you did then you would become another Papasi where he plays the game all day yet never improves. It is funny though how you constantly show up to offline tournaments with players like Daigo to try and win yet you don't take the game seriously?
  • KoopKoop SRK - D.M.V. OG™ (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 5,487 mod
    um...

Thank you Kuroppi:D

Thank you Arturo (sabin):smokin:

Thank you Papasi8-)

Thank you thank you thank you.... i dont think its said enough to the people that put in work to make these things come together... forget sponsored players its guys like you that need a sponsorship with your guidance on bringing everyone together.

Congrats Czar! Excellent showing. Im too old an dont get into ego battles I just like good playing. Sorry I couldnt put my all into this tournament (time, stick..etc.) but I hope we can come together again an definitely get more people an keep this thing rolling as usual an big ups to everyone i did play win or lose im glad we definitely keepin GGPO alive an rolling an ST gameplay is still rollin smooth

Koop out
    Respected... simple as that.
    10K Volts I heard you were looking for me on GGPO, so arrange a date and time. I'll get you embarrassed fast.

As for Reign, I beat this guy on three separate occasions and I use different names so obviously it wasn't on SliceEveryone. Your Blanka was easier than loose pie. I would hope you don't take the game seriously because if you did then you would become another Papasi where he plays the game all day yet never improves. It is funny though how you constantly show up to offline tournaments with players like Daigo to try and win yet you don't take the game seriously?

I don't have a set schedule so a date and time that I may not be able to keep will just be an excuse for you to say I didn't show. So, just know that I'll be on a few times this week usually in the evenings or later after 10PM EST. Just ask your mom if you can stay up late since this is a holiday week.

Oh, and just to make sure we are clear - I expect a character lock. I'll assume you will be playing Boxer because you probably blow with everyone else.

I haven't decided who I will play yet since I play Boxer, Honda and Blanka. You'll know once we get to the character select screen.

Don't play with electricity.
    I don't have a set schedule so a date and time that I may not be able to keep will just be an excuse for you to say I didn't show. So, just know that I'll be on a few times this week usually in the evenings or later after 10PM EST. Just ask your mom if you can stay up late since this is a holiday week.

Oh, and just to make sure we are clear - I expect a character lock. I'll assume you will be playing Boxer because you probably blow with everyone else.

I haven't decided who I will play yet since I play Boxer, Honda and Blanka. You'll know once we get to the character select screen.

Don't play with electricity.

funny how czar shows up n u decline the FT10, dont be jealous if other ppl r better than u lol
  • PaskyPasky Ninja with pistol! Joined: Posts: 1,863
    funny how czar shows up n u decline the FT10, dont be jealous if other ppl r better than u lol

As usual Bastard is hanging to someone's nutsack and speaking for someone who can speak for themselves.
    <Pasky> so you can go extra fast by just holding it?
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    <baklakiller> sure if had a penis
    <baklakiller> im a beginner gief
    thx Im glad u care n post about me, I heart u too =D

What's funny is you speaking without knowing the facts. I did not decline to play czar at all. I just delayed the match until Dancing with the Stars was over. That's how much I care. Anyway, he chose not to grace me with his presence after I said I was ready so yeah, who ducked who?

Besides, you both got trolled while I was having coffee and watching TV. :P 8 O-Clock Coffee, milk and 2 sugars beeyatch.

Czar will play me at some point because he his ego is such that he cannot stand to be called out for being the idiot that he is.

Boxer vs Blanka FT10

Let's go.
  • KoopKoop SRK - D.M.V. OG™ (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 5,487 mod
    Wow. More drama now.
    Respected... simple as that.
  • starkilledstarkilled Black and white (I'm really black) Joined: Posts: 1,702
    duck duck 10k!!
    fuck a relationship. god told that stupid bitch eve not to eat the fuckin mango or whatever, the bitch did, and fucked everyone. fuck women! shout out to snakes! -jimmy1200
  • CUTWESTCUTWEST There is no rivalry. =( Joined: Posts: 1,778
    This 10K Volts guy dodged for an hour and a half and refused to play. I then gave him a deadline to play and he failed to meet the deadline. I told him I am not giving him a second chance to let him know I am serious.

Bottom line? 10k Volts is a dodge who isn't great who showed he is fearful of my skill as ----proven by his actions---!

I am the best SF2 player online for a reason as proved by this objective tournament and people like 10K Volts are starting to recognize.

I am already getting a lot more respect after this tournament win. Everyone says hello to me when I log on now and I get compliments. People call me King, Lord, and people say WHOA SLICEEVERYONE HAS LOGGED ON! They also say HE'S HERE!!!

I pretty much get a red carpet rolled out for me and I am liking the VIP treatment because people know that I am the man. 10K Volts and Papasi probably only wish to get this level of respect that I get. Pasky is obviously more jealous than ever of me. He used to work on getting better with rog instead of guile probably because he wanted to try to play with half of the skill I have.

Koops's signature "Respected... simple as that." sums me up pretty well.

Basically what I am trying to say is 10K volts loses due to forfeit and his blanka's head made a nice ornament in my throne room.