The SRK Movie Fanatic Thread (REVIEWS, QUESTIONS, RANTS, STARS...ETC.) EVERYTHING!!!

TaichiTaichi Fuck Heroics.Joined: Posts: 1,462
This thread is a resource for the SRK Movie Fanatics.....

it provides quick links to all the relevant Movie related threads on SRK (I'll update regularly, and clean up any stagnant threads)

If you have (or are starting) a thread that isn't here, or that you feel needs to be here, PM it to me, so I can include it......

also, PM me if one or more links don't work, or take you to the wrong place, so that I can fix them!

I'll also accept links to outside news sources relevant to films......

Okay, without further ado:

General Movie Stuff

The Christmas Movie Thread
Street Fighter Marathon This Weekend (Link Expires on Saturday)
Rewatchable Movie Thread
Foreign Film Thread
Official DVD Thread
Top Ten Films of 2005 Thread
Favorite Movie Action Sequences Thread
Flux Capacitor turns 50 Thread
Your Ideal Movie Thread
Netflix Thread
Good Asian Flicks
Best Film Tagline

Specific Movies

Narnia
Ong-Bak
Revenge of the Sith
Rent
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Dead or Alive Teaser
Superman Returns Teaser
Saw II
Zathura
Get Rich or Die Trying
Jarhead
Rocky Series
High Tension
History of Violence
Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest
King Kong And another
Aliens Vs. Predator (Series)
X-3 Trailer and Discussion
Silent Hill
Initial D
Skeleton Key

Directors Actors and Actresses

Chuck Norris Vs. Vin Diesel
Pat Morita Dies at 73
Tim Burton
29 Little Known Facts about Chuck Norris
Darth Vader Mindreading Game
I want to put a hit out on Uwe Boll!
Bruce Lee's Birthday
Bruce Lee, Bringing Bosnians Together!
R.I.P. Richard Pryor
Chuck Norris' one weakness
Now at Midnight, all the agents, and superhuman crew go out and round up everyone that knows more than they do...
Member- SRK Cobra Kai. "GET 'IM A BODY BAG!"

Comments

• OrangeCatOrangeCat Life is a highway Joined: Posts: 1,455
    Excellent. We really need ones of these.

OC
    Street Fighter 4 made my pants go to poopy town. YEAH THAT'S RIGHT I POOPED MY PANTS!
  • TaichiTaichi Fuck Heroics. Joined: Posts: 1,462
    Well, i'll keep it updated as long as interest continues, and people do their part.....

if I miss something that was posted, because they didn't bother to PM me, I ain't gonna take the blame, because they didn't follow the rules......

I get regular email updates on celebrity deaths, but other celebrity news is gonna take a team effort......
    Now at Midnight, all the agents, and superhuman crew go out and round up everyone that knows more than they do...
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,661 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    odd i was gonna suggest my thread on how hollywood has become stale and just sequals but i can't find it. I assumed it was due to the wut was it great crash part 2? but i'm finding posts from like before the first one..odd. maybe it got deleted for some reason dunno.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Fasty McNastyFasty McNasty YOU ARE SHOCK! Joined: Posts: 725
    "You know T. Hawk's stage in ST? My house is like two blocks down from that." - Chief Eddie Drunkcino

"i see toan writing this with a feather ink quill.... and he sends it with a wax seal by carriage with white horses." - Johnny Blueberry
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    nice!
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.

Link 1: I'll update to include it

Link 2: I didn't miss it

Link 3: I'll update to include it

and yeah, I know there's more, I only went to page 30, because anything beyond that wasn't worth my time.....

if you have something that's more than thirty pages backlogged, and you want it included, bump it, and PM me......
  • donaldducktmdonaldducktm A Higher Donald Duck! Joined: Posts: 2,030
    this should somewhat be stickied....
    donaldducktm: what are some good "setups" to ask a girl to prom?
    Originally posted by RandomNigga
    Call sent ground, triangle dash behind her. If she turns around to confront you and not get crossed-up, leave her be; the pussy is on lock. If she gets hit by drones and passes out, rape her; all the fun of prom with no expense. If she takes three from sent in the face and is still conscious, claim her; she's a keeper.

What should you expect from shrooming?
    Originally posted by chair_home
    You'll grow to about twice your regular size, but strangely, your overalls and plumber's hat will grow to fit you too. If you pick up any flowers, you'll be able to throw fireballs, but watch out for turtles and potatoes with feet, touching them will revert you to your original size.
    *cough*.
  • Septimus PrimeSeptimus Prime Grammar Fhrer Joined: Posts: 5,722
    this should somewhat be stickied....
    Yeah, I think so, too.
    Beef: It's what's for dinner.
    Beer: It's what's for right fucking now.

Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice... fuck you.
    so we actually don't have anything to discuss in this thread than?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • JuggyJuggy Joined: Posts: 413
    Good job. ;)
    I MAIN GOKU RYU E HONDA LOL ??? NO ONE CARES JK RFORLFL
    WOW!

my first sticky!

and this really isn't much of a 'discussion' thread......it's purpose defeats that.....

rather, it'd be better to just post news, links, and threads that relate to the main topic......
  • AkumaTXAkumaTX Joined: Posts: 3,875
    hooray for making srk even lazier and defeating the purpose of the search function.
    Well, it's more work for me, but meh......to each his own
    AkumaTX wrote:
    hooray for making srk even lazier and defeating the purpose of the search function.
    Celebrate! :party:

Plus, it's not like people search much, anyway.

• ytwojayytwojay Banned Joined: Posts: 2,035
    I dont think this warrants a stick, but whatever.

Btw Eric, how'd your final go?
    I rarely drive steamboats, dad.
    It was pretty easy. Also, since I noticed a few people walking in, not realizing that we were having a final, I hope he curves this shit (my midterm got curved up from A- to A+).

• epsilon_epsilon_ helpful Joined: Posts: 3,582
    Aeon Flux Thread

this was surpisingly good imo. worth seeing. charlize looks really hot in it too, couple scenes of her in very skimpy outfits.
    i don't care what the critics say, violence is a beauuutiful thing!
  • The DamnedThe Damned Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken? Joined: Posts: 10,591 mod
    ...You bastard. I was just about to post this, with a much better intro (EDIT: and many more errors) might I add.

I suppose for now I'm just going to say that now her name, "Aeon Flux", makes sense, especially since I don't think it was mentioned at all in the cartoons.

Speaking of the cartoons, I would greatly appreciate the opinion of some that have seen the cartoons and then the movie. I need to how much I missed that was alluded, since I only vaguely remember Handler, and even then that's rather iffy; I've only seen a few cartoons, randomly and a long time ago (when they were actually on MTV, so when I was much younger).
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • orkaorka alpha Joined: Posts: 7,174
    I got dragged to the theaters by one of my friends, and to my surprise it wasn't as bad as I expected.

This is way better than the original cartoon IMO. I personally consider Aeon Flux and Peter Chung's artwork in general visual vomit. So although I thought the movie pretty much ditched psychological drama of the original and stuck to action, I didn't really mind.

So yea, you could pretty much tell that I hate Peter Chung.
  • MavricMavric Goes for broke Joined: Posts: 110
    I just came back from seeing this. I'm sorry but it was bad, very bad. I'm not an expert on the series as i've only seen a small amount of it but as a movie goes the acting was terrible. Of course there wasn't much acting, you could prob fit the dialog on 2 pages.
  • YellowS4YellowS4 Joined: Posts: 4,579
    orka wrote:
    I personally consider Aeon Flux and Peter Chung's artwork in general visual vomit.
    haha someone beat me to it. kong > flux
  • MorphiendMorphiend Your game is pretty good: Joined: Posts: 1,611
    didnt she die at the end of each cartoon?? umm i hope i didn't just ruin the ending of the movie.
  • phaephae ojousama melody~~ Joined: Posts: 530
    Aeon Flux: DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE

"Aeon Flux is by far the year's worst movie, a most dubious achievement."
    -- Lou Lumenick, NEW YORK POST

"Charlize Theron has her Oscar. Now she has her Catwoman."
    -- David Frese, KANSAS CITY STAR

"It was so uncomfortable to watch this film, I felt like I was desperately holding back a bout of extreme diarrhea while having dinner with my girlfriend's folks for the first time."
    -- Kevin Carr, 7M PICTURES

"Not even the sight of Theron in stylized bondage gear can atone for the muddled story, hackneyed action, and dulled-down effects."
    -- Rob Vaux, FLIPSIDE MOVIE EMPORIUM

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/aeon_flux/

Aeon Flux got owned by the critics.. not ONE person liked it. Ohhh snap. And they compared it to Catwoman.. by god.

edit; Oh snap there was a thread for this already! TY mod!
    { #arcana @ EFNet IRC }
  • CrusaderCrusader old man Joined: Posts: 158 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I went to the theater thinking this movie was going to be complete crap and came out thinking it was a good movie. I liked it.
  • epsilon_epsilon_ helpful Joined: Posts: 3,582
    me too crusader. i definately didnt think it was as bad as those critics said. 6.5/10
    i don't care what the critics say, violence is a beauuutiful thing!
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The critics are way out of touch anyway. Movies they consider to be "good" are usually boring(*and usually pretentious) garbage that nobody wants to see. This movie already has my money eventually simply because it has Dark Charlize. Whoah, this is a long time ago.
  • Lan DiLan Di Test Your Might Joined: Posts: 25
    I previewed this film on thursday at work (i'm a projectionist) and I didn't think it was very good. I was getting paid to watch a movie and I was GLAD it was short.

But this week we get Narnia and next week is Kong! booyah!
    "When a man knows too little to understand, yet too much to be innocent, he finds himself in quite a predicament. Many proclaim that ignorance is bliss. Perhaps ignorance is freedom."
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 2013
    I have a good feeling Kong is going to bomb horribly. I heard from cnn that the movie is over 3 hours long....that in itself already puts me off. I loved that 3rd Lord of the Rings movie, and even there, I kept wondering after awhile..does this movie go on...forever? It's not a good thing when even though a movie is good overall...you begin checking your watch or cell.phone for the time...wondering when the hell is this going to end. Besides, the concept of King Kong just never seemed that interesting to me. The big deal was when he climbed the skyscraper and swatted helicopters away like flies...that was pretty much it.

*sidenote--my sweetie, Soledad O'Brien(hottest newsanchor ever) agrees with me. She was also immediately put off by it being over 3 hours.(*eh, perhaps it won't bomb "horribly", but I doubt it will do well if most people realize they're going to be sitting in the theatre for that length of time.)

Dark Charlize's AF outfits should be skimpier though. The original character was practically naked in every episode.
    Booty. MOIST TURDS!
    Post edited by Million on
  • 3b1r4h3b1r4h omgz liek woahhhhhhh Joined: Posts: 499
    I didn't have a lot of hope for Aeon considering it wasn't previewed to the critics, which usually means they don't want reviews out before the movie, which usually means the movie SUCKS.

Glad to hear that is not the case.

(I still am not going to go see it)
    Don't be scared, just be prepared for the worst. - JMT
    Av by The LUC
    -Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Infinites.-
  • MiyagiShin XMiyagiShin X Going Hard at UMVC3 Joined: Posts: 1,002
    Im curious to why it sucked so much and I actually believe u all but im still goona have to waste my money and find out for myself.

by the way the movie King Kong may just suck totall ass but that doesnt mean I wont see it. That movie Is going to rack in the money$$$ cause everyone is going to want to see it :-P
    Challenge me on PSN MiyagiShin:nunchuck:
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    phae wrote:

"It was so uncomfortable to watch this film, I felt like I was desperately holding back a bout of extreme diarrhea while having dinner with my girlfriend's folks for the first time."

"Not even the sight of Theron in stylized bondage gear can atone for the muddled story, hackneyed action, and dulled-down effects."

Aeon Flux got owned by the critics.. not ONE person liked it. Ohhh snap. And they compared it to Catwoman.. by god.

i said it once and i'll say it again, rottentomatoes is fulla shit.

as for the movie, i havent seen it yet
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • orkaorka alpha Joined: Posts: 7,174
    Why are people talking so much about King Kong in a Aeon Flux thread?

I personally think King Kong will suck, too so I don't even plan on seeing that.
  • YellowS4YellowS4 Joined: Posts: 4,579
    cam rls > paying
  • HeaTHeaT mindgames Joined: Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    phae wrote:

you do realize you quoted someone from Kansas City right???

im outi

Roberth
    I stream games - twitch.tv/heatzgaming
    Youtube channel - youtube.com/heatfury
  • phaephae ojousama melody~~ Joined: Posts: 530
    lols. Charlize isn't wearing two belts and a thong, so she is not Aeon Flux. I saw pics of her with too much clothing on to be my Aeon Flux. No way.

King Kong looks like it's gonna suck too. Bah.
    { #arcana @ EFNet IRC }
  • Rico!Rico! SRK's Chauvinist Joined: Posts: 694
    I'll wait for the DVD to reach the bargain bins at my local blockbuster
    Currently Playing: Bayonetta
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,344 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ÆON FLUX was a great movie IMO. I like Peter Chung's story premise because I could never figure out that eyesore/convoluted POS he calls a cartoon.

Heck I tried to watch it again after the movie and it still bores the hell outta me.:tdown: :lame:
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    phae wrote:

i don't listen to critics one bit anymore..if i did i'd miss out on alot of my favorite movies...hackers for one.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • totaltoanagetotaltoanage ♥ stackin' ♥ Joined: Posts: 949
    only reason to see this movie is theron. thats it. action scenes were pretty dope but not enough. story sucked, i wanted to see dinosaurs outside those gates.
    "iron man sucks. the fact that hes whooping my ass explains a lot." -pmd

AirBrushKing is my #1 fanboy, fyi
  • FreddyL0c0FreddyL0c0 Joined: Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I really thought this movie was going to be complete shit, I was put off by the preview's corny lines and the fact that it is an MTV film (although that goes without saying since it is coming from the cartoon)

just came back from it...it was alright, had bad scenes....but I found that it picked up nicely towards the end. still, a lot of people couldnt resist laughing at some of its cheesyness. I guess that made it fun cheese.
    Spencer Dante Hawkeye aka raw tags are the future
    http://www.youtube.com/user/freddyl0c0 (more soon)
  • SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 12,987 mod
    I haven't seen the movie yet, I was supposed to see it Friday but my friend flaked on me(he always flakes on me when it comes to seeing movies). Few things though -

Couldn't the actor who played Trevor Goodchild of dyed his hair blonde? What's the big freaking deal just dye your hair or put on a wig yeash...

I liked the cartoon better before it had dialogue when it was on Liquid Television. There was also a lot more violence and sex before they started talking too.

Didn't make sense without dialog, doesn't make sense with dialog, the Herotus File book doesn't make a lot of sense... so the movie makes sense I gather from the previews and what people are saying? That's one of the reasons I feel Aeon Flux shouldn't be made into a movie in the first place. Well, not a Hollywood one that makes sense anyway, it's just wrong. Now if they made the film weird like "I Heart Huccabees" or "Being John Malkovich" or "Adaptation" or even the recent "Stay" or "Run Lola Run" or heck, the Japanese "Dead or Alive" movie trilogy or something like that that was just plain bizarre and made you think they might have something with an Aeon Flux movie but in the minds of Hollywood exectuives "OH NOOS TEH PEEPLE HOO WAANT TWO SAE CHARLIZE THERON KEEL PEOPLE DOONT WAANT TWO UZE TEREH BRANES OH NOOOS..."

But I haven't seen this movie myself, thinking outloud I guess... I'll see it tomorrow or Tuesday if my friend doesn't flake out on me again.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,862
    I went to it thinking it would be complete shit like the rest and was pleasently surprised. I didn't think it would be that good and while some moments were crap there were a few bright spots.

I think a lot critics might be upset because the studio didn't allow for review screenings of the film, but if they did I think it would have been a sort of Thumbs up and Thumbs down reaction across the board.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    PREVIEW!!! X-MEN 3!!! Angel and Beast!

Be on the lookout later today y'all, the trailer should be hitting Apple.com sometime soon.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/2005/x3/flash.htm

:tup: :tup: = For Beast!:clap: :encore:
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Oh shit, I just remembered, the Fantastic 4 DVD has the trailer on it, I should have opened that shit last week damn it! :mad:
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,344 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I guess the rumors of Halle being Storm for the last time in X2 has just beeen debunked.:razz:
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • psychochronicpsychochronic 5 fingers in a fist Joined: Posts: 1,854
    good shit :tup:
    FGC Google Map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z7moF_GAiTa4.kxWOHrLkpOgM
    Photobucket: http://www.tinyurl.com/p9eu67p
    Youtube: psychochronic, psychorarity
  • ChairHomeChairHome hiding under your bed Joined: Posts: 1,733
    New Rocky Movie pics. "Rocky Balboa"

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21964

What's next, a new Indiana Jones?.... Oh, yeah, I think they are working on that.
    O Hadoken!
    |=( -O)
    /\

Cool nintendo av not by me :-(. Found it on the net.
  • ChairHomeChairHome hiding under your bed Joined: Posts: 1,733
    I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do their job, but I thought that this sticky was meant to provide quick links for movie related threads, not be an "official movie discussion" thread, which seems to be what is happening with the X3 thread and my Rocky thread being merged into here.
    Taichi wrote:
    This thread is a resource for the SRK Movie Fanatics.....

it provides quick links to all the relevant Movie related threads on SRK (I'll update regularly, and clean up any stagnant threads)

If you have (or are starting) a thread that isn't here, or that you feel needs to be here, PM it to me, so I can include it......
    O Hadoken!
    |=( -O)
    /\

Cool nintendo av not by me :-(. Found it on the net.
  • NokatoNokato Joined: Posts: 1,662
    Honestly, I just saw the movie yesterday and it really isn't that bad at all. To me, "Aeon Flux" was rather enjoyable and I didn't see what made the plot so hard to understand. This is one of the main reason that I don't listen to critics.
  • glassglass half empty Joined: Posts: 555
    Kelsey Grammer as the Beast!

oh em eff gee, mate.
    No rest for the wicked.