The SRK Movie Fanatic Thread (REVIEWS, QUESTIONS, RANTS, STARS...ETC.) EVERYTHING!!!

Comments

• SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 13,062 mod
    I haven't seen the movie yet, I was supposed to see it Friday but my friend flaked on me(he always flakes on me when it comes to seeing movies). Few things though -

Couldn't the actor who played Trevor Goodchild of dyed his hair blonde? What's the big freaking deal just dye your hair or put on a wig yeash...

I liked the cartoon better before it had dialogue when it was on Liquid Television. There was also a lot more violence and sex before they started talking too.

Didn't make sense without dialog, doesn't make sense with dialog, the Herotus File book doesn't make a lot of sense... so the movie makes sense I gather from the previews and what people are saying? That's one of the reasons I feel Aeon Flux shouldn't be made into a movie in the first place. Well, not a Hollywood one that makes sense anyway, it's just wrong. Now if they made the film weird like "I Heart Huccabees" or "Being John Malkovich" or "Adaptation" or even the recent "Stay" or "Run Lola Run" or heck, the Japanese "Dead or Alive" movie trilogy or something like that that was just plain bizarre and made you think they might have something with an Aeon Flux movie but in the minds of Hollywood exectuives "OH NOOS TEH PEEPLE HOO WAANT TWO SAE CHARLIZE THERON KEEL PEOPLE DOONT WAANT TWO UZE TEREH BRANES OH NOOOS..."

But I haven't seen this movie myself, thinking outloud I guess... I'll see it tomorrow or Tuesday if my friend doesn't flake out on me again.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,011
    I went to it thinking it would be complete shit like the rest and was pleasently surprised. I didn't think it would be that good and while some moments were crap there were a few bright spots.

I think a lot critics might be upset because the studio didn't allow for review screenings of the film, but if they did I think it would have been a sort of Thumbs up and Thumbs down reaction across the board.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    PREVIEW!!! X-MEN 3!!! Angel and Beast!

Be on the lookout later today y'all, the trailer should be hitting Apple.com sometime soon.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/2005/x3/flash.htm

:tup: :tup: = For Beast!:clap: :encore:
    Oh shit, I just remembered, the Fantastic 4 DVD has the trailer on it, I should have opened that shit last week damn it! :mad:
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I guess the rumors of Halle being Storm for the last time in X2 has just beeen debunked.:razz:
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • psychochronicpsychochronic 5 fingers in a fist Joined: Posts: 1,854
    good shit :tup:
    FGC Google Map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z7moF_GAiTa4.kxWOHrLkpOgM
    Photobucket: http://www.tinyurl.com/p9eu67p
    Youtube: psychochronic, psychorarity
  • ChairHomeChairHome hiding under your bed Joined: Posts: 1,733
    New Rocky Movie pics. "Rocky Balboa"

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21964

What's next, a new Indiana Jones?.... Oh, yeah, I think they are working on that.
    O Hadoken!
    |=( -O)
    /\

Cool nintendo av not by me :-(. Found it on the net.
  • ChairHomeChairHome hiding under your bed Joined: Posts: 1,733
    I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do their job, but I thought that this sticky was meant to provide quick links for movie related threads, not be an "official movie discussion" thread, which seems to be what is happening with the X3 thread and my Rocky thread being merged into here.
    Taichi wrote:
    This thread is a resource for the SRK Movie Fanatics.....

it provides quick links to all the relevant Movie related threads on SRK (I'll update regularly, and clean up any stagnant threads)

If you have (or are starting) a thread that isn't here, or that you feel needs to be here, PM it to me, so I can include it......
    O Hadoken!
    |=( -O)
    /\

Cool nintendo av not by me :-(. Found it on the net.
  • NokatoNokato Joined: Posts: 1,662
    Honestly, I just saw the movie yesterday and it really isn't that bad at all. To me, "Aeon Flux" was rather enjoyable and I didn't see what made the plot so hard to understand. This is one of the main reason that I don't listen to critics.
  • glassglass half empty Joined: Posts: 555
    Kelsey Grammer as the Beast!

oh em eff gee, mate.
    No rest for the wicked.
  • TaichiTaichi Fuck Heroics. Joined: Posts: 1,462
    wow, the merging is kinda......hmm.....

makes no sense, and seems like just more work......

taking down the links to rocky and X-3 would've been a smart move, whoever did it.....
    Now at Midnight, all the agents, and superhuman crew go out and round up everyone that knows more than they do...
    Member- SRK Cobra Kai. "GET 'IM A BODY BAG!"
  • SMBSMB Crackin' some NUTS! Joined: Posts: 1,725
    The only thing I've seen are images of Beast and Angel. I've heard no word on any trailer.
    You know, if you watch Jaws backwards, its about a shark that throws up so many people... they have to open a beach.

Thanks de BLOO.
  • HernyHerny WORST time Joined: Posts: 305
    Umm, Is this how Indian Movies are???

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6399527774562961933&q=jasmine

Ok, I am lost, is this a music video or a movie, or what?
    Regardless, I think we all need to learn the dance from 1:14 to 1:16
  • OtherOther Wise Guy Joined: Posts: 755
    I don't know what that was but those chicks were hot!:tup:
    XBL: ScuubaSteefe
    PSN: Aethersol
    GGPO: ScuubaSteefe
    League of Legends: AetherSol
  • orkaorka alpha Joined: Posts: 7,174
    Virtually all Indian films revolve around musical numbers. In many cases, the musical numbers are the most crucial factor seperating a successful film from a unsuccessful one.
  • NOBITA KUNNOBITA KUN Possibly SRKs only JEW Joined: Posts: 146
    Indians are a corny bunch...ive been messing with a indian girl that is hearing impaired...she is mad cool....but not very culturaly indian (thus why she is messing with me)...indian people as a culture only fuck wit indians or white boys(in that order)...it pisses me off...but at the same time it seems like the best looking indian women are in india and in these movies....
    support your SRK businesses thedentgenius.com
  • AbhiAbhi Best Team EVER Joined: Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gorden bennit now I remember why I dont watch Indian movies,
    the only Indians I now watch now at the movies is that dude from Harold and Kumar go to white castle
    I'm like an Hadoken

I'm like Down Right Fierce
  • orkaorka alpha Joined: Posts: 7,174
    Abhi wrote:
    Gorden bennit now I remember why I dont watch Indian movies,
    the only Indians I now watch now at the movies is that dude from Harold and Kumar go to white castle

Him and John Chow are like the most whitewashed Asian actors in Hollywood, though. I pity them, but it's their fault for starring in teen comedy movies.
    Yeah, the chicks aren't too bad looking. But what's up with that goofy mother fucker in the grey on the left side? He's making some wierd-ass faces.
    You know, if you watch Jaws backwards, its about a shark that throws up so many people... they have to open a beach.

Thanks de BLOO.
  • ShadowHawkv2ShadowHawkv2 Skillz Joined: Posts: 91
    According to ign.com the trailer is supposed to be out today on www.apple.com (aka www.quicktime.com ). But i still havent seen it yet. Maybe later today or something?
    XBL GAMERTAG: CUE
  • AbhiAbhi Best Team EVER Joined: Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    orka wrote:
    Him and John Chow are like the most whitewashed Asian actors in Hollywood, though. I pity them, but it's their fault for starring in teen comedy movies.

Dude John Chow is a twinkey and Kal Penn is a bounty himself but they are still funny
    I'm like an Hadoken

I'm like Down Right Fierce
  • LazyYetCrazyLazyYetCrazy BAPED Joined: Posts: 208
    Angel's wings look weird.:xeye:
    I think they look fucking sick. I was expecting the metallic cardboard cut out looking wings OR the 100% CG looking flashy la la wings that look really fake. These are awesome though.
    electric relaxation
  • PlutoburnPlutoburn Alpha Booze Head Joined: Posts: 247
    I heard from a friend who went to India for research that music are usually promoted through movies.
    Only dead fishes go with the flow
    I caught a late night middle eastern hip hop video a few months back - fucking hilarious shit. There stuff is right out of the 80's with there warping screen distortions and rainbow shit. Watching these fat, hairy dudes dance around with their turbins and indian bling.

Thanks de BLOO.
  • shatterstarshatterstar still unauthorized Joined: Posts: 8,553
    Yeah, the chicks aren't too bad looking.
    aint u married...

av by Me
    my av makers: 1. Monkeyspank 2. DarkGiygas 3. aLee 4. givequicheachance 5. Nastradamus 6. OrangeCat 7. Seth 8. Yeah Dood 120% 9. PsychoSquall 10. DarkDragon 11. Master Chibi
    http://officialniapparel.blogspot.com/
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Angel's outstretched wings looks cool but when folded looks very fake.:tdown:
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • BluehazeBluehaze SFA Joined: Posts: 240
    LMAO! Man, that video was bad-ass! Esp. when the dancing started XD lol
  • spideymanspideyman Much Luv to the Midwest Joined: Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    my wife and her whole family watch indian movies all the time, they love them. every single one has dancing and singing. 2 guys are about to start fighting, but wait hold on, we gotta sing and dance first. i guess i don't mind watching them. the ladies are fine.
    Much love to the midwest.
  • TootallTootall Frame 32.B. Joined: Posts: 24
    this what you're looking for.. it's on their official website if link don't work

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x3/large.html
    Frame 32.B. <- The ultimate of ultimates.

Everytime Ultradavid commentates and says "I don't like" you have to take a shot.... within 25 minutes of this game i was in the hospital
  • Nemesis00Nemesis00 HAPPY MORNINGS! Joined: Posts: 1,112
    Juggernaut looks like ass. :(
    I know the secret to Ricky Ortiz's power. After he beats you he steals your soul and keeps it in his change purse.

#1 Hulk slayer on SRK
  • TootallTootall Frame 32.B. Joined: Posts: 24
    honestly.. i was sort of expecting a t-mobile or verizon logo to just sort of fade in at the end..
    Frame 32.B. <- The ultimate of ultimates.

Everytime Ultradavid commentates and says "I don't like" you have to take a shot.... within 25 minutes of this game i was in the hospital
    The real irony for Indian rappers is that Indians themselves are SUPER-racists against blacks, it's so funny how one can absorb another groups' culture but don't respect them directly.:rolleyes:

• RanmaRanma Boy-Type™ Joined: Posts: 141 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Damn I hope this turns out to be as good as the first two (especially the second one). The teaser looks pimp (shit with Jean Grey especially) and I think the Kelsey Grammar as the Beast was a good call.

P.S. The Fastball special was sweet.

P.S.S. Wolverine looked like he was standing in the middle of the Terminator wars.
    Sharp like an edge of a samurai sword,
    the mental blade cut through flesh and bone,
    though my mind's at peace, the world out of order,
    missin' the inner heat, life gets colder.
  • TaichiTaichi Fuck Heroics. Joined: Posts: 1,462
    this is being discussed in the "SRK Movie Fanatics Thread", don't blame me, I didn't merge the shit.....

I don't, for the life of me, know why X-3 got merged in with the likes of Aeon Flux.....
    Now at Midnight, all the agents, and superhuman crew go out and round up everyone that knows more than they do...
    Member- SRK Cobra Kai. "GET 'IM A BODY BAG!"
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,066 mod
    Xmen 3 trailer~

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x3/large.html

Totally hyped for it.

Kelsey looks awesome, Juggs is maaaaad small.
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
    Arch Angel for X men 4!!!!
  • NOBITA KUNNOBITA KUN Possibly SRKs only JEW Joined: Posts: 146
    The real irony for Indian rappers is that Indians themselves are SUPER-racists against blacks, it's so funny how one can absorb another groups' culture but don't respect them directly.:rolleyes:

And not jus that they will front in a heartbeat to get our money....Ive worked and politiced with them enuff for thmn to come clean and admit it to my face....I dont eat at a indian franchised store like dunkin donuts or anyother franchise unless they have black folks that work there....because they prefer to hire mexicans....and I will tell them that in a heart beat...

(my steeze in a indian franchise food chain)

the owner: "Excuse me sir what would you like to order?"

jered:"Well before I order id like to know if you have any black emplyees..... and whats with hireing all these illegal aliens?"

If they dont have a good awnser I walk out....and the next day call imagration and the franchise home office:clap:
    support your SRK businesses thedentgenius.com
  • ViciousSLASHViciousSLASH Game Time Jones Joined: Posts: 7,510
    Nemesis00 wrote:
    Juggernaut looks like ass. :(

Complete and utter ass.

Everything else was cool.

But jesus, could that have fucked up the way Juggernaut looks anymore ?

Beast looks cool and funny at the same time.
    http://michaelpfeffer.blogspot.com I don't even update this, who cares
    why are the links fucking broke? geez

influx
  • Nemesis00Nemesis00 HAPPY MORNINGS! Joined: Posts: 1,112
    It's like they got a lumberjack from Canada, shaved his beard off, and gave him Magneto's helmet from the first movie.
    I know the secret to Ricky Ortiz's power. After he beats you he steals your soul and keeps it in his change purse.

#1 Hulk slayer on SRK