The SRK Movie Fanatic Thread (REVIEWS, QUESTIONS, RANTS, STARS...ETC.) EVERYTHING!!!

Comments

• GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,200
    edited February 22
    Mangy_Cat wrote: »
    mt18qp9ke1hy.jpg
    The Predator movie cast and director. Release date Feb 2018.
    From Left to right Sterling K. Brown, Trevante Rhodes, Boyd Holbrook, Jacob Tremblay, Shane Black (Director), Olivia Munn, Keegan-Michael Key,

Please tell me this is a troll post? I'm having trouble taking the cast serioursly already.

*checks google*

Welp...
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 8,912 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 22
    lol , nice lack of testosterone in that cast pic.

good luck killing a predator with that Kriss Vector, Key. you're dead in the first encounter. bet.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 4,050

funny premise
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 34,971 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    im def interested
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 4,050
    fan made...but damn good trailer tho.

loved the T at the end
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I saw Get Out last night. Good.

I'll say "good but not great", just because it's getting so much positive hype. But I liked it. Would watch again- there's a built-in rewatch factor because once you learn certain things about the plot, you want to see how the movie plays knowing in advance what's going down.

For context it's not a big jump-scare movie or about a psycho killer chasing around teenagers with a knife. It's a paranoia/suspense movie like Stepford Wives, Rosemary's Baby etc (both cited by Peele as influences). A "something-creepy-is-going-on-but..." movie.

Would suggest you avoid spoilers if possible.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants RIP Shatta........ Joined: Posts: 20,080 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Teaser for Bright
    Set in an alternate present-day where humans, orcs, elves, and fairies have been co-existing since the beginning of time. Bright is genre-bending action movie that follows two cops from very different backgrounds. Ward (Will Smith) and Jakoby (Joel Edgerton), embark on a routine patrol night and encounter a darkness that will ultimately alter the future and their world as they know it.

Bright is available only on Netflix this December. Bright is directed by David Ayer (Training Day, End of Watch, Suicide Squad) stars Will Smith (Men in Black), Joel Edgerton (The Great Gatsby), Noomi Rapace (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), Lucy Fry (11.22.63), Edgar Ramirez (Hands of Stone, Zero Dark Thirty), Margaret Cho (Drop Dead Diva), and Ike Barinholtz (Suicide Squad). The movie is written by Max Landis (Chronicle) and produced by Ayer, Eric Newman (Narcos) and Bryan Unkeless (The Hunger Games). The Netflix Original Film will launch globally this December.

Well...........okay.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske

Kong Island Final Trailer.............

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    are the monsters designed by cloverfield people?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 2,737
    Get Out was a good movie
    Go see it
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 8,912 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Brie Larson is completely inferior to Naomi Watts. Kong better not feel anything for that slore or imma walk out of the theatre.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,424

Brad Pitt really likes his military movies...........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    edited March 2

2nd Trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales......

CHips Red Band Trailer.........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Watched The Shallows. It was decent.

Atomic Blonde Red Band Trailer..................
    Oscar® winner Charlize Theron explodes into summer in Atomic Blonde, a breakneck action-thriller that follows MI6’s most lethal assassin through a ticking time bomb of a city simmering with revolution and double-crossing hives of traitors.

The crown jewel of Her Majesty’s Secret Intelligence Service, Agent Lorraine Broughton (Theron) is equal parts spycraft, sensuality and savagery, willing to deploy any of her skills to stay alive on her impossible mission. Sent alone into Berlin to deliver a priceless dossier out of the destabilized city, she partners with embedded station chief David Percival (James McAvoy) to navigate her way through the deadliest game of spies.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,424
    edited March 11
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,251
    edited March 11
    Saw Kong last night, and loved it!!
    Everything was amazing.

Kong got good screen time.
    The human cast were worth investing in!!
    That 70s soundtrack...

And monster on monster action!!
    B)

Kong laid the unholy smackdown on everything that put there hands on him with bad intentions, but the final boss monster.... that poor fucker!!! :o

This Kong put that monster through a WWF Attitude era Hardcore match!!

If it was part of the environment it got used!!!

and the end credit scene.... :o

Kong's got 40 years to continue leveling up from his current adolescent form because Gojira and co. are coming!

SFV: Laura & Akuma...TEAM "DAT AZZ" & MURDER-FACE
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,109

2nd Trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales......

CHips Red Band Trailer.........

Hope Chips is gonna have the original Ponch and John as cameos...
    So finally got round to watching the extended version of BvS, it's so much better. Fans would have sat through 2 half hours of this rather than the shitty edit released in cinemas, had they then there's no way it would have gotten this year's Razzie.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 10,737
    Just watched the new XxX, might be the worst film of the year if Wonder Woman doesnt get released this summer.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    crucades wrote: »
    Just watched the new XxX, might be the worst film of the year if Wonder Woman doesnt get released this summer.

Is there a cute Indian ho in the movie?

Does she do any cool shit?
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • GraphicGraphic Whip it. Joined: Posts: 611
    Saw Kong last night, it was great. A very different Kong film, it has a unique story from the other movies.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 10,737

Is there a cute Indian ho in the movie?

Does she do any cool shit?

Yes and naw, there is a random hot bollywood bitch in this movie, that much is true, but everything she does, anything anybody does, is utter bullshit. Well, there is a death at the start of the movie which is hilarious but everything else is garbage. 0/10.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,419
    First IT trailer was revealed at SXSW and it supposedly got a positive response.
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3427951/sxsw-first-footage-it-awesome/
    This SRK nonsense will never stop.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,251
    For all of us who saw Kong, how many marked out at that "shoryuken" in during big boss fight in the movie.
    SFV: Laura & Akuma...TEAM "DAT AZZ" & MURDER-FACE
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,419
    chadouken! wrote: »
    First IT trailer was revealed at SXSW and it supposedly got a positive response.
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3427951/sxsw-first-footage-it-awesome/

You know bloody well that's not what I meant!
    This SRK nonsense will never stop.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

but he has a bike..STILL not good?
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

International Trailer for Baby Driver.............
    A talented, young getaway driver (Ansel Elgort) relies on the beat of his personal soundtrack to be the best in the game. When he meets the girl of his dreams (Lily James), Baby sees a chance to ditch his criminal life and make a clean getaway. But after being coerced into working for a crime boss (Kevin Spacey), he must face the music when a doomed heist threatens his life, love and freedom. See it Only In Cinemas.

-Traitor Aizen Souske

International Trailer for Baby Driver.............
    A talented, young getaway driver (Ansel Elgort) relies on the beat of his personal soundtrack to be the best in the game. When he meets the girl of his dreams (Lily James), Baby sees a chance to ditch his criminal life and make a clean getaway. But after being coerced into working for a crime boss (Kevin Spacey), he must face the music when a doomed heist threatens his life, love and freedom. See it Only In Cinemas.

for some reason i like this trailer better....gives me the snatch vibe+tokyo drift lol

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,504
    Also, as someone who was never into cars or Vin Diesel, what's the huge appeal of the Fast movies? Because I saw the first two as a kid and didn't particularly like them. Now, I hear the later ones are actually pretty goddamn good and more standardized action movies, but how the fuck have they released so many of them in such a short timespan and made so much money? This isn't fucking Police Academy, where you take a bunch of B-listers and film a cheap comedy that's profitable the moment it gets a publishing deal. These are huge goddamn blockbusters with stunts and special effects. Even fucking Die Hard and James Bond can't do that shit.

I feel like a goddamn madman, because when I watch the trailers I get absolutely zero desire to see them, and I love big dumb action movies. I watched Fury Road three fucking times in the cinema. Pacific Rim nearly made me jizz in my pants. I'll go see any Marvel Studios movie for the big dumb explosions. The Fast movies even have the Rock in them now, and I love the Rock. Especially in dumb action movies where he's being dumb old Dwayne Johnson. I should want to see these movies, but I just don't, and I feel like a stupid idiot because of it.
    SFV: Gief, Bison
    Xrd: Fucking nobody and everybody, but I like Elphelt, Sin, Raven and Ramlethal a little more than others
    Garou: Grant, Butt
    KI: Riptor, Aganos
    edited March 14
    "goddamn" good isn't accurate. they are watchable but forgettable too. like I don't remember wtf happend in ANY of those fast furious movies.

• DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,234
    edited March 14
    Well. What happened is Dwayne Johnson is playing The Rock in the movies, and Vin Diesel is hamming his way throughout the movies, AND them niggas hate each other in real life, so it's entertaining watching them go at each other.

And there are cars in the movies, but those are incidental from the 5th movie onward.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 7,985
    IMO a lot of us grew up with the franchise. That's about it.

the appeal is that its gibberish summer movies. no one goes into these seriously caring that much. Like when the series was purely about cars, car junkies were about it...but for the most part its just silly summer flicks you go to, to turn your brain off for a few hours.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 354
    edited March 15
    Speaking of Dwayne Johnson, I think Central Intelligence has his most entertaining role!
    central_intelligence_poster_movie.jpg
    :rofl::rofl:

resident evil shit chapter was so shitty. wasnt expecting much but they reached new levels of stupid :rofl: I think its the worst one. tho I really can't remember much about the re movies after the 2nd one. kinda liked 1st and 2nd but thats where it should have ended.

edited March 16

New trailer for Despicable Me 3....

Teaser for Disney/Pixar's Coco....
    Despite his family’s baffling generations-old ban on music, Miguel (voice of newcomer Anthony Gonzalez) dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz (voice of Benjamin Bratt). Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead following a mysterious chain of events. Along the way, he meets charming trickster Hector (voice of Gael García Bernal), and together, they set off on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history. Directed by Lee Unkrich (“Toy Story 3”), co-directed by Adrian Molina (story artist “Monsters University”) and produced by Darla K. Anderson (“Toy Story 3”), Disney•Pixar’s “Coco” opens in U.S. theaters on Nov. 22, 2017.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    that city at the end of coco trailer is fucking amazing. pixar bout to shit on everybody.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Mangy_Cat wrote: »
    mt18qp9ke1hy.jpg
    The Predator movie cast and director. Release date Feb 2018.
    From Left to right Sterling K. Brown, Trevante Rhodes, Boyd Holbrook, Jacob Tremblay, Shane Black (Director), Olivia Munn, Keegan-Michael Key,

I'm getting a throwback vibe from Munn's get-up which reminds me a bit of elpidia carrillo's character in the first movie. Rest of the cast is just straight up WTF.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Kong skull island was great imo and that post credits scene made me go like, "hoooooly fuuuuuck!" With shivers running up and down my spine. Just like the last few minutes of rogue one last year, it was awesome.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    finally saw get out....this movie got me messed up. so much of what happened in there has happened to me in one form or another. also i pretty much knew what was gonna happen, just not the crazy details part.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,109
    I hope Hollywood doesn't reboot The Matrix. Hollywood needs to get new ideas, lazy fucks