The SRK Movie Fanatic Thread (REVIEWS, QUESTIONS, RANTS, STARS...ETC.) EVERYTHING!!!

1357358359360361363»

Comments

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,214 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    I hope Hollywood doesn't reboot The Matrix. Hollywood needs to get new ideas, lazy fucks

its supposed to be a prequel about young morpheus
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,157
    Corridor John Wick parody

This is the greatest thing ive ever seen
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 6,733
    Corridor John Wick parody

I was just about to post this. My buddy just linked me to it.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 I KILLED THE GOOD PRIME Joined: Posts: 3,521
    edited March 22
    Did anyone see Beauty and the Beast?

My fiancee was enamored with word of its release so it basically became an item on the honey-do list. I didn't hate it, but it's a pretty clumsy clone of the original. The places that is tried to "fill in" felt unnecessary. Overall, the only way I'd recommend seeing it is if you have never seen the original. I spent the entire movie wondering why I was there. A more spectacular version already exists. Otherwise, don't bother.

Post edited by Optimus124 on
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Death Note Teaser..............
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske

Trailer for Captain Underpants: The movie......
    Based on the worldwide sensation and bestselling book series, and boasting an A-list cast of comedy superstars headed by Kevin Hart and Ed Helms, DreamWorks Animation brings audiences the long-awaited global movie event, CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS: THE FIRST EPIC MOVIE. This raucously subversive comedy for the entire family tells the story of two overly imaginative pranksters named George and Harold, who hypnotize their principal into thinking he’s a ridiculously enthusiastic, incredibly dimwitted superhero named Captain Underpants.

I actually have one of the books.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 2,885
    check out Life
    was pretty good
    Had a bit of the original Alien vibe to it
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,157

Trailer for Captain Underpants: The movie......
    Based on the worldwide sensation and bestselling book series, and boasting an A-list cast of comedy superstars headed by Kevin Hart and Ed Helms, DreamWorks Animation brings audiences the long-awaited global movie event, CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS: THE FIRST EPIC MOVIE. This raucously subversive comedy for the entire family tells the story of two overly imaginative pranksters named George and Harold, who hypnotize their principal into thinking he’s a ridiculously enthusiastic, incredibly dimwitted superhero named Captain Underpants.

I actually have one of the books.

i love the look of this, i read a few of them when i was in elementary school and this really captures the fun in them. I'm so excited for this. They even have the "Tra-la-laaaaaa" matched to what I read as a kid. I can't wait.
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 553
    Naeras wrote: »
    So, I just watched Stardust.

Holy shit, what a movie. I haven't enjoyed a movie this immensely in ages. My mind is seriously blown right now.

Do you have a link for the trailer? I'm interested.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 2,919
    Watched Logan last weekend. I hadn't read reviews or heard anything other than that it was "darker" than the other X-Men movies. Usually that means "more explicit violence, less silliness and colour". In this case it meant that the tone of the movie is one of soul-crushing hopelessness. The first scene Xavier's in really got to me, to the point where I spent the rest of the evening in existential dread.

Great piece of filmmaking. Good ending for the old actors. Not the movie I wanted to watch at the time I watched it.
    Sesshomaru wrote: »
    Naeras wrote: »
    So, I just watched Stardust.

Holy shit, what a movie. I haven't enjoyed a movie this immensely in ages. My mind is seriously blown right now.

Do you have a link for the trailer? I'm interested.

Be warned: that trailer really doesn't do the movie justice. It doesn't at all capture the light-heartedness that makes the movie such an enjoyable experience.
    My one actual critique of Stardust, after watching it again, is that it starts pretty slow. At the time I posted the post you're quoting, I was blown away by the ending and had forgotten that the first 20-ish minutes aren't all that interesting, because holy shit, the rest of that movie makes me feel so fucking happy.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Stardust is legit. spiritual successor to The Princess Bride imo
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 2,885
    anyone excited for ghost in the shell?
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    kinda when i saw the trailer, but then no when i saw the first 5 minutes :bluu:
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling

Teaser for IT........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    edited March 29
    This is a pretty good video on his Jack Nicholson's body of work as a rageaholic. In his younger day, he is probably the only other person I could see play the character Wolverine.

edited March 30

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Trailer# 2................
    VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS is the visually spectacular new adventure film from Luc Besson, the legendary director of The Professional, The Fifth Element and Lucy, based on the ground-breaking comic book series which inspired a generation of artists, writers and filmmakers.

In the 28th century, Valerian (Dane DeHaan) and Laureline (Cara Delevingne) are a team of special operatives charged with maintaining order throughout the human territories. Under assignment from the Minister of Defense, the two embark on a mission to the astonishing city of Alpha—an ever-expanding metropolis where species from all over the universe have converged over centuries to share knowledge, intelligence and cultures with each other. There is a mystery at the center of Alpha, a dark force which threatens the peaceful existence of the City of a Thousand Planets, and Valerian and Laureline must race to identify the marauding menace and safeguard not just Alpha, but the future of the universe.

In Theaters July 21, 2017

Cast: Dane DeHaan, Cara Delevingne, Clive Owen, Rihanna, Ethan Hawke, John Goodman, Herbie Hancock, Kris Wu

Director: Luc Besson

Writer: Screenplay by Gaby Chiappe. Based on the novel by Lissa Evans

Producers: Luc Besson and Virginie Besson-Silla

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 10,824
    Kinda looks wack but Luc Besson might just be the GOAT director, well except for Lucy *cough cough*
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    Effects and Freeman aside..........I thought Lucy was blah as fuck.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    It was some grade A bullshit and Freeman just did the same role he has done in like 99% of his movies, ole narrating ass. Even the effects were crappy, best thing about the movie was when Black Widow fucked the monkey.

• KashiyukasthighsKashiyukasthighs Joined: Posts: 966
    Anyone here excited for the Dark Tower? I haven't been to the movies in 5 years but I'm cutting my hiatus for the Tower. Been a huge fan of the books since I was 12.
    IT will probably suck balls, but i like Pennywise's design. at first glance i thought they hired the same jackass that ruined The Joker in Suicide Squad, but when you look closely there are subtle things that let you know he's not some guy in a suit. Pennywise's head is much larger and longer than a normal human head; and his eyes glow, but not in reflections.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,562
    IT will probably suck balls, but i like Pennywise's design. at first glance i thought they hired the same jackass that ruined The Joker in Suicide Squad, but when you look closely there are subtle things that let you know he's not some guy in a suit. Pennywise's head is much larger and longer than a normal human head; and his eyes glow, but not in reflections.
    I'm almost done with the book, and I'm hoping the movie is good. I'll definitely be checking it out in the theater. From the trailer it seems like there's good atmospheric creepiness, but they need to make it fucking terrifying to do the book justice. I hope they get the psychological aspect of it right.
    This SRK nonsense will never stop.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
    http://collider.com/ghost-in-the-shell-racism-explained/#whitewashing

Collider going in on Ghost in the Shell's whitewashing.............it has minor spoilers.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,483
    Is it another white liberal telling other white folks what they think minorities think and want, if so I'll pass.
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 402
    I saw a video with Japanese people liking the casting. Haven't seen the movie yet but, like with Iron Fist (which wasn't even whitewashed), I'll judge it as it's own thing and not because of its casting
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,483
    Saw the movie its great, definitely worth seeing in 3D too. It's clear why she looks the way she does. It works on multiple levels, plot wise and overall message.

The Mummy 2nd trailer..........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    edited April 3
    Saw Life. It was pretty effective at what it set out to do. Nothing that you haven't seen before but definitely worth watching.
    Post edited by Optimus124 on
    anyone see gits yet? im hearing its actually a good movie.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    maxx wrote: »

Ghost in the Shell is a visual treat, captures the essence of the original anime without being too heavy handed with its philosophical themes. All the iconic actions scenes are there with plenty made even better. Ignore all the SJW bullshit surrounding the movie about white washing, the movie handles it respectfully and the overall message makes the issue irrelevant to the character. It might just be the best adaptation ever. A must see in 3D and it feels like it would be even better with multiple viewings.
    maxx wrote: »

Ghost in the Shell is a visual treat, captures the essence of the original anime without being too heavy handed with its philosophical themes. All the iconic actions scenes are there with plenty made even better. Ignore all the SJW bullshit surrounding the movie about white washing, the movie handles it respectfully and the overall message makes the issue irrelevant to the character. It might just be the best adaptation ever. A must see in 3D and it feels like it would be even better with multiple viewings.

ya legit everyone has told me go see it in 3d. ive never heard so many people tell me to see a movie in 3d before

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,248
    edited April 5
    DukeC wrote: »
    Went and saw Ghost In the Shell with 4 of my buddies.

It was a good movie.

Was some of the dialogue awkward? Yeah. Did it detract from the movie? Not really. And it kind of fit teh scenes where the dialogue was meant to be awkward/uncomfortable. Still, you can write a brilliantly awkward moment without the quality of the dialogue suffering, but still. It wasn't out and out bad.

The visuals and cinematography was amazing. Actually kinda wish I shelled out to see it in 3D to get the full effect for just how distracting living in that kind of futuristic world would be, but I still got the same effect watching it regular.

The action was awesome. And there was one scene in the movie that really resembled fighting the final boss in a videogame.

All in all. It was a good movie.

My take on it from the Lounge.

And it pretty much is the best live action anime adaption America has ever done. And, even if you knew nothing about the anime, it still stood out as a good movie in its own right.

Critics don't like it, but then critics don't like anything anime period.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
    ive read one of the reasons critics prob didnt like it...is because so many scifi movies have taken from gits...like the matrix. so by the times its come out, even though they set the standard its been seen so many times it seems played out. its an interesting critique i never thought of. especially if some of these critics dont know much about the source material it makes alot of sense.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Anyone here excited for the Dark Tower? I haven't been to the movies in 5 years but I'm cutting my hiatus for the Tower. Been a huge fan of the books since I was 12.

Idris Elba is Roland! Thats mind blowing, always imagined him as Clint Eastwood. Matthew McConaughey as Walter.

Not seen a trailer yet but its safe to assume this movie is going to be beyond amazing. DGAF its not a direct adaption either, King has signed off on it. Elba might be gambling though lol.

• tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    crucades wrote: »

Idris Elba is Roland! Thats mind blowing, always imagined him as Clint Eastwood. Matthew McConaughey as Walter.

Not seen a trailer yet but its safe to assume this movie is going to be beyond amazing. DGAF its not a direct adaption either, King has signed off on it. Elba might be gambling though lol.

Was it McConaughey? Could have sworn it was John Cusack in the promo photos but whatever. I just want it to be good.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    I'm 100 pages from finishing IT, then will read Wind Through the Keyhole. Nice to have two epic King movies releasing this year.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
    Ive got The Gunslinger in my work bag, like am not that big a fan but I had no idea this was being into a movie, and the fact its Kings most important work alone means this movie is gonna be a big deal. Will be interesting whats different. Also am just gonna charge out the gate with the obligatory "fuck hollywood for taking away another role meant for the white man :annoyed: "

Just realized it's been 27 years since the last IT movie, lol. I wonder if that was planned.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 622
    Rifftrax event tomorrow.

edited April 25

Thought the first one was great. Looking forward to this
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/77706

Disney Release Dates

Star Wars episode 9 - May 24,2019

Indy 5 - July 10,2020

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/m-night-shyamalan-confirms-sequel-unbreakable-split-997515

Well fuck..............I shouldn't have read the article.
    But now I really do want to see Split.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/m-night-shyamalan-confirms-sequel-unbreakable-split-997515

Well fuck..............I shouldn't have read the article.
    But now I really do want to see Split.

Everyone on my feed posted a link that spoils it.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog: