The SRK Movie Fanatic Thread (REVIEWS, QUESTIONS, RANTS, STARS...ETC.) EVERYTHING!!!

Comments

• goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    English guy was a way better Spider-Man in terms of how Spider-man'y he was, and Emma Stone shit all over kristen dunces first three awful performances.
    tumblr_m5qf8nssHo1qbaj4uo1_500.gif
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,631
    The Constant Gardener is awesome bcuz.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Totes Amaze Spiderman was wack for these reasons.
    1. Too many people found out he was spiderman
    2. Lizardman = zzzZZZZZ , low tier spidey villain
    3. The "been there done that" feeling It was unecessary to re-do the origin does every reboot necessarily have to re-do the origin?
    4. It felt a lil bit too teeny bop for me
  • ViciousSLASHViciousSLASH Game Time Jones Joined: Posts: 7,500
    Ha, best grammar. It was super hilarious how he took off his mask like 30 times, but that is like a marvel movie thing for some reason. It always cracks me up how detailed spider-man's costume looks when he has zero sewing experience and it's made of like all these different textures and vinyl materials.
    I guess the natural web formula that his spider dna knows just understands how to be a helluva tailor too.
    At least he and Stone sort of look like they could attend a high school in their movies. Dunst and Maguire were looking mad old in their hallways. The first Spiderman movies are kind of like the first two Hulk movies (except they were both way better) in that if you combined all the positive aspects from both you'd probably have the perfect Spidey movie.
    http://michaelpfeffer.blogspot.com I don't even update this, who cares
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    had a "uncomfortable" movie marathon last night. watched shame and a serbian film :eek:
    That actually sounds like a painful night.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    Oh shit, Dirt saw The Comedy AND it made his list. Now I really need to see it...
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • Dirt Mc GirtDirt Mc Girt OLD DIRTY Joined: Posts: 1,089
    i actually don't know if i liked it or not. i saw it 2x and it just leaves you feeling weird and uncomfortable. it is hard to describe but i don't think a movie has made me feel like that in a while so had to include it

That's kind of the feeling I'm getting from a lot of people. That intrigues me. Tim Heidecker can do that uncomfortable things really well. He's perfect for a disaffected hipster.
    I forgot the name of that movie and I wanted to see it. I am watching it now! HURRAY AMAZON
    the boat scene made me sad because i think i would do the same thing as him and then i'm like i'm a horrible person

I love Death Proof. I haven't seen Jackie Brown yet, but I'd say I agree with your assessment. Kill Bill pt 2 was pretty weak until the end.
  • girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804
    I love Death Proof. I haven't seen Jackie Brown yet, but I'd say I agree with your assessment. Kill Bill pt 2 was pretty weak until the end.

Jackie Brown QT's best realization of how he wants to use music in his movies, super impressive
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,376
    Jackie Brown is a GREAT movie. Pam Grier is so damn hot in that film and it's one my favorite Robert di Nero roles.

And yea the music is amazingly well used.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804
    Agreed, I feel like DeNiro gets miscast a whole bunch, but he is perfect JB. QTs best IMO.
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,096
    Having not seen DU yet, IB and JB are his smartest movies, if not his best in general. And it's one of the last times DeNiro put any effort into a movie role.
    the boat scene made me sad because i think i would do the same thing as him and then i'm like i'm a horrible person

Aside from putting like a wallet in her mouth, what else are you supposed to do? Freak out like a hysterical woman? Are we both horrible people?

I know a bunch of people who are just like this, except not living in "cool" brooklyn/not as well off. Movie wasn't bad at all. It's basically a dissection of white privileged hipsters.

With this and Django Unchanged white people are taking a beating this year. Movie is probably getting such horrible reviews because all of the cool dude reviews are so butthurt that the movie is pooping on their lives.
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    So um I heard that John Woo would be interested in directing Expendables 3. Had to contain my excitement at the thought.
    Aside from putting like a wallet in her mouth, what else are you supposed to do? Freak out like a hysterical woman? Are we both horrible people?

call the cops i guess

call the cops i guess

Yeah I was thinking that but it was on a boat? I guess McNulty would come out and just get her? Maybe he was too cool to have a cell phone. Seizures usually don't last that long right?

I think we are horrible.
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,194
    What is the movie you two are talking about, about?
    spread'em
    the comedy

So "The Comedy" is about "The Comedy"?
    spread'em
  • Zimbabwe_Zomb1eZimbabwe_Zomb1e Doesn't Afraid of anything Joined: Posts: 147
    anyone know the song in this video?

I've fought the zombie war in Zimbabwe...and came back as one of them.
    Yeah I was thinking that but it was on a boat? I guess McNulty would come out and just get her? Maybe he was too cool to have a cell phone. Seizures usually don't last that long right?

I think we are horrible.

we are white people so by default we are horrible.

• orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,631
    I Saw The Devil brilliantly takes one of Hollywood's most overused themes and simply examines it very deeply, I was surprised at how incisive it ended up becoming. Also the ending was mind blowing:tup:
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016

Ask @rabbit2k7
    gl hf dd ka.
  • Rabbit2k7Rabbit2k7 bad idiot Joined: Posts: 4,821

That's a song a friend of mine wrote to use in that ad. Let me see if I can get a download from him.
    I'd also like the download.
    spread'em
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    rabbit said he's gonna buy exclusive cases from me and put bad 8bit techno music on the youtube commercials hatehatehatehate

i hate cuz i'm jelly :rofl:
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • Rabbit2k7Rabbit2k7 bad idiot Joined: Posts: 4,821
    rabbit said he's gonna buy exclusive cases from me and put bad 8bit techno music on the youtube commercials hatehatehatehate

i hate cuz i'm jelly :rofl:

Well, neither of these things are true, so...

I guess I'll bring the peanut butter.
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    Jackie Brown kicks ass. Great cast, great music, and the funniest portrayal of a man shooting a woman for getting on his nerves.
    It was super hilarious how he took off his mask like 30 times, but that is like a marvel movie thing for some reason.
    Because actors have a hard time acting with a full-face mask and no eyeholes, and it would look really fucked-up if they had the mask itself be expressive like in the comics.
    I never saw the Emma Stone Spiderman. First off, I like my Emma Stone red headed. Secondly, it never appealed to me.

As far as movies this year, I liked Dark Knight Rises a lot more than a lot of people. I liked Dark Knight less than a lot of people. However, I do think Dark Knight is better than Rises. Avengers was overall a more enjoyable theater experience for me, so I'll give that one comic movie of the year. Also, as noted previously, I'm a Whedon fanboy. I'm with GM, Manos Live Riff was a huge highlight of my theater experience this year. Laughed harder than any other movie in the theater in a few years.

Still need to see:

Django
    Lincoln
    The Master
    The Comedy
  • Zimbabwe_Zomb1eZimbabwe_Zomb1e Doesn't Afraid of anything Joined: Posts: 147
    That's a song a friend of mine wrote to use in that ad. Let me see if I can get a download from him.

Thanks man!
    I've fought the zombie war in Zimbabwe...and came back as one of them.
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,096
    The movie that left the strongest impression on me last year was Elite Squad, from 6 years ago.
    It featured one of the best character transformations this side of Godfather's Michael Corleone. If it wasn't a logical transition, it was a natural one, in the context of the narrative.

If the morally objectionable material bothers or distracts you.. then, it does, for all I care. If Padhila has any creative control over RoboCop, that (unnecessary) reboot should turn out fine.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,376
    Jackie Brown kicks ass. Great cast, great music, and the funniest portrayal of a man shooting a woman for getting on his nerves.
    Just watching him become unhinged over that woman is great.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • HeaTHeaT mindgames Joined: Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I Saw The Devil brilliantly takes one of Hollywood's most overused themes and simply examines it very deeply, I was surprised at how incisive it ended up becoming. Also the ending was mind blowing:tup:

i saw the devil is so good. i dont know what's up with korea, but man their movie making skills are legit. i also enjoyed the ending

im outi

Roberth
    I stream games - twitch.tv/heatzgaming
    Youtube channel - youtube.com/heatfury
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,747
    Got the whole family to watch The Host over Christmas, ladies in the family started crying. Another great S.Korean film.
    Michael Fassbender could do it.
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i saw the devil is so good. i dont know what's up with korea, but man their movie making skills are legit. i also enjoyed the ending

im outi

Roberth

a man from nowhere was baws too 8-)
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• Sexperienced.Sexperienced. kdh Joined: Posts: 5,276
    I saw Seven Samurai for the first time a few months ago. I'm aware it was groundbreaking for its time but I dont quite understand why its considered one of the greatest films ever made... I'll probably have the exact same sentiments after i've watched Citizen Kane, which i have no interest in seeing unless it just happens to be on when i'm flicking through tv channels.

I saw Catch Me If You Can on new years eve and this has to be the most underrated film i've ever seen. Its definitely one of Spielberg's best films if not the best film he's ever made imo.