The SRK Movie Fanatic Thread (REVIEWS, QUESTIONS, RANTS, STARS...ETC.) EVERYTHING!!!

Comments

• chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,786
    Ok, maybe someone here knows, is TDT supposed to be a new take on the story? I haven't kept up with the buzz about the movie, but nothing about that trailer looks anything like the first book of the series. Now, I haven't read past books four, so I don't know if they are simply reordering or re-interpreting the events of the entire series...
    Without spoiling too much, I believe it's intended to be an expansion on the books, taking place after. There is some blowback because Roland is black, but fuck all that. Idris is the shit, and the movie is just an interpretation anyway. The Gunslinger doesn't have to look like Clint Eastwood to be effective.

Although, the watch chimes from For A Few Dollars More in the trailer were a nice touch.
    This SRK nonsense will never stop.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    Can someone please tell me the dialog is going to be better than what we saw in the trailer?! That was some bad Saturday morning cartoon stuff...

I'll probably still watch it tho...and then be angry, forcing me to finish the series...
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
    I'm not overly optimistic about it. I loved the books. And I love both Idris Elba and McConnaughy. But, yeah, the dialogue from the trailer seems kind of wooden and not all that inspiring. I'm going to watch it and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

To be honest, I'm way more excited for It.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
    edited May 3
    It is probably my favorite SK book (though book 4 (specifically RD's past) of DT is also way up there), I just feel the book is unfilamble. We all know the one scene from the book they can't show (or even hint at I imagine), but overall, It has got so much to it that I just know the film is going to let me down...
    It is probably my favorite SK book (though book 4 (specifically RD's past) of DT is also way up there), I just feel the book is unfilamble. We all know the one scene from the book they can't show (or even hint at I imagine), but overall, It has got so much to it that I just know the film is going to let me down...

Are you talking about when Henry gets jerked off by Patrick, or that whole gang bang scene when they were kids?

I've got some high hopes for It. I don't always expect movies to be exactly like their books, as long as they're done well and tell the same story. Different media for different experiences. Movies can be more thrilling, but I can get completely lost in a book.

My biggest worry is that Pennywise won't be done right. Tim Curry was excellent (the scene in the library where he tells the joke about Prince Albert in a can from the mini series is fucking gold), but in the book I imagined the clown even scarier. The scene where he's standing/hanging outside a window during the gang shootout created such a vivid picture of horror. In the trailer, when the kids are watching the projector and the clown's face is under the woman's hair- that's the kind of horrific vibe I hope the new movie maintains. That's how I envisioned Derry.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
    Yeah, while i think the It mini-series is fucking trash of the highest level, Tim Curry was ICONIC as Pennywise. Maybe not as close to the more psychotic book version, but there was a playfulness to Curry that really drove home the shivers. I'll give the It movie a chance, but probably more on home media that theatrical.

and it was the "tween gangbang" I was talking about...
    edited May 3
    Yeah I figured. That scene is pretty controversial, to put it lightly, lol. I have a feeling they might leave that one out of the movie.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
    Even in the context of the story they are telling, it felt more like SK was like "Well, I've killed kids enough, lets have them engage in a gang bang...to save...themselves? I don't even know anymore...more coke plz!!" It was a very out of place...
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dark Tower was developed by Imagine Entertainment and Akiva Goldsman, king of the hacks. It's just not going to be good.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,644
    Youtuber MovieBob did a deconstruction of The Matrix as part of his Really That Good series.

It's long an hour long, but definitely worth a watch.

PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,564
    Its really not that good...
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Final Dunkirk trailer
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,569
    chadouken! wrote: »

Are you talking about when Henry gets jerked off by Patrick, or that whole gang bang scene when they were kids?

I've got some high hopes for It. I don't always expect movies to be exactly like their books, as long as they're done well and tell the same story. Different media for different experiences. Movies can be more thrilling, but I can get completely lost in a book.

My biggest worry is that Pennywise won't be done right. Tim Curry was excellent (the scene in the library where he tells the joke about Prince Albert in a can from the mini series is fucking gold), but in the book I imagined the clown even scarier. The scene where he's standing/hanging outside a window during the gang shootout created such a vivid picture of horror. In the trailer, when the kids are watching the projector and the clown's face is under the woman's hair- that's the kind of horrific vibe I hope the new movie maintains. That's how I envisioned Derry.

What book is this???
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    chadouken! wrote: »

What book is this???

It
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,569
    Seen the first movie
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I didn't even get the matrix first time. I got brain fucked and was trying to put the pieces together. 2nd Time around I understood most of it.
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It looks like it's going to be goooooood.
    Still haven't seen the first one. I'll check out the trailer after I check it off my list.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,623
    It's just bad CGI that we all hate.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,668 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

War for the Planet of the Apes..........final trailer .
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske

The Mummy 3rd trailer...........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    edited May 18

The Mummy 3rd trailer...........

I was looking forward to one of Tom Cruise's epic running sequences. Then I saw ol' girl was running at his side. My excitement for this movie has slightly waned.
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,109
    edited May 20
    Austin man sued his date for $17.31 for excessive texting during Guardians of the Galaxy 2. She had enough of the drama so she gave him his money back and then he dropped the lawsuit.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/19/woman-sued-texting-movie-confrontation/

Not related to the story, the guy also once wrote a letter to Chicago Tribune to shit on Chicago even though he never lived there.

https://patch.com/illinois/chicago/chicago-still-hellhole-man-who-tried-sue-date-texas-has-windy-city-ties
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 479
    edited May 20
    First date at the movies is an awful idea and he should be ashamed of himself

And texting during a movie is almost as bad as bringing an infant to a movie
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »
    .....who the fuck is goin to these movies? i assume its single old women who think underworld series is a classic.

Foreign peeps are driving this series and theyre relatively low budget. ($40-60 M)

The most recent one had a 40 M budget.

It made 26 M in USA.
    285M in foreign countries = 312 M total.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=residentevil6.htm
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    so i saw king arthur....it was what it was. a b movie with a baller budget. i know too much about king arthur because i was really into that legend that i kept askin too many questions. its def leave that fuckin brain outside kinda movie with guy ritchie editing.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    For any SRK squiggas living in Montreal, Canada...

you could be an extra in New Mutants or X-men 7!

DAXxYofXYAEm1AU.jpg

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    are you laughing that his daughter died???

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    He's laughing that Whedon took over....I think...I'm pretty sure.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yeah, i didn't know his daughter died. i don't hate anybody that much to laugh over something like that
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    oh aight lol..you know how the internet is sometimes. i wont be surprised if there are some dudes actually laughing at that part.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/rihanna-lupita-movie-netflix

Didn't think it would actually happen.............

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 992 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    that's the power of based internet lol
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    Yar! Pirates comes out this weekend!!
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
    @Maxx or any Boston peeps..

It s probably NEW MUTANTS.
    Im not sure what character - Demon Bear?? Warlock? Unknown character?
    Central-Casting.jpg?resize=768%2C502

-Jawaharlal Nehru
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,122
    Xenomorph/Predator castings lol.

@Maxx or any Boston peeps..

It s probably NEW MUTANTS.
    Im not sure what character - Demon Bear?? Warlock? Unknown character?
    snip

i havent heard anything about a xmen movie being filmed here. but ill keep my eyes open, but the guys i practice stunts with have worked on marvel netflix stuff. if its true, they'd probably be getting a call.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,623
    Watched Assassin's Creed today, never played the games but I have a vague understanding of what they are about. I don't get all the hate, the movie was a perfectly decent popcorn flick. Well paced, great action, great actors, if anything it felt like it ended too early.

looks great
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »
    oh aight lol..you know how the internet is sometimes. i wont be surprised if there are some dudes actually laughing at that part.

:rofl:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

Murder on the Orient Express trailer..............

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    I'm interested. Tom Cruise may have a crazy in him, but he commits to his roles.

edited June 6