The SRK Movie Fanatic Thread (REVIEWS, QUESTIONS, RANTS, STARS...ETC.) EVERYTHING!!!

Comments

• The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,829
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Holy shit at the Eddie Murphy and Nicolas Cage ones :looney:

stallone gets me too
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Holy shit at the Eddie Murphy and Nicolas Cage one :looney:

the other day I saw some dude on a news paper add that looked just like me. I dont read papers but my dad totally freaked out when he saw this and was like "did you post any ad on some paper or something?". I have a twin somewhere I dont know about.

brb calling snaake's mom right now. need answers :eek:

edit: nick cage inception :eek:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    Holy shit at the Eddie Murphy and Nicolas Cage ones :looney:

Also @Goodm0urning, what did you mean by Inception not following dream logic?
    Moments in dreams tend to free-associate between information that has recently been active in your brain due to having been used in waking life. The "dreams" in Inception are simultaneously too ordered and too unrelated to anything else that the characters experience to make much sense if one thinks of them as dreams. That's why I pointed out that they make more sense if one thinks of them as shared fantasies or storytelling. Inception has everything in common with those things and very little in common with dreams.
  • KneelB4MeKneelB4Me CVS2! Joined: Posts: 810
    I agree, completely. That aspect of the film never quite sat right with me.
    I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them.
    More K less A
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,829
    Moments in dreams tend to free-associate between information that has recently been active in your brain due to having been used in waking life. The "dreams" in Inception are simultaneously too ordered and too unrelated to anything else that the characters experience to make much sense if one thinks of them as dreams. That's why I pointed out that they make more sense if one thinks of them as shared fantasies or storytelling. Inception has everything in common with those things and very little in common with dreams.

Wasn't that the entire point? The subject (and taking into consideration the ending the viewer as well) is meant to believe that they are not dreaming; that's why they have an architect. It's been awhile since I last watched it but I remember there were plenty of instances where they drew from the subject's memory/recent events, for example when Cillian Murphy's character is with his father, the whole pin wheel thing. I can't remember why there was a snow level, but at that stage Murphy's character was fully aware he was dreaming, so whether that was or wasn't drawn from his memories doesn't really matter does it?
    The movie goes out of its way to point out that even in legitimate dreams, which don't correspond to the logic of reality, you are almost always unaware that you are dreaming. And the stuff of dreams comes from data that's already in the head of the dreamer, so the snow material was (as far as the movie shows us) apropos of nothing.

So no, it was not the point.
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    I watched Pitch Perfect, which is basically Bring It On's bastard love child with Glee. Anna Kendrick is very toothy in that movie. Also, the longer I looked at her, the weirder looking she got. She's like a word you say too many times until it no longer sounds like a word.
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • AlphaZeroAlphaZero Zzzz Joined: Posts: 994
    Was it kinda like Emily Browning's face in Sucker Punch? I know she was named Babydoll, but I couldn't tell if they were trying to make her look like a doll or if it was just some plastic surgery disaster. The movie sucked anyway, but the whole time I was like "What the fuck is with this chick's face?"
    GT: AlphaZero
    www.KI.Infil.net <-Best guide to learning KI
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    so does jason statham do movies that arent a ctrl-c of the transporter? lol.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    you just noticed this now? You know he plays the same character in videogames too.
    didnt know he did video games.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Yeh he's in CoD and Crysis
    lol had no idea.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Expendables, Killer Elite, Blitz, Safe, Heat, Gnomeo&Juliet, The Mechanic, 13, War, Crank, In the Name of the King, Revolver, Snatch, Cellular, Collateral, London, The One, Lock Stock,
    nigga i dont need his imdb. most of those roles he's a hired hitman or hired for a job.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,668
    Dude in Dungeon Siege, his character is just called "farmer" in the credits. Otherwise it's basically just Jason Statham running around awful medieval fantasy land with Ray Liotta as hammiest fantasy villain since Jeremy Irons in D&D the movie. LET THEIR BLOOD RAIN FROM THE SKY!
    Dude in Dungeon Siege, his character is just called "farmer" in the credits. Otherwise it's basically just Jason Statham running around awful medieval fantasy land with Ray Liotta as hammiest fantasy villain since Jeremy Irons in D&D the movie. LET THEIR BLOOD RAIN FROM THE SKY!
    lol does he say the title of the movie in the movie?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,668
    I don't remember if it was him as I saw that shit drunk but somebody does say "In the name of the king!"
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,097
    Wait, Statham was in Heat?
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    theyre remaking fucking heat?
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter surely was a better movie than what i thought it will be
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Was it kinda like Emily Browning's face in Sucker Punch? I know she was named Babydoll, but I couldn't tell if they were trying to make her look like a doll or if it was just some plastic surgery disaster. The movie sucked anyway, but the whole time I was like "What the fuck is with this chick's face?"
    I didn't see it, but it sounds like what they did with JGL in Looper, where he was supposed to look like Bruce but ended up looking like he had a food allergy.
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    I watched the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3d shitfest.

Got damn, how can anybody call that a horror movie? Or a movie, in general? That franchise is fucked. Every so often they just let anybody make a movie about it, and then put it in theatres no matter how fucking awful it is.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    I genuinely got some laughs out of A Haunted House. I really wish more spoof movies stay focused on the genre they're spoofing instead of going all over the place.
  • StanmanStanman STUNMAN! Joined: Posts: 1,343
    I didn't know what you were talking about until I found this picture after reading this post.
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1797765888/nm0115161
    theyre remaking fucking heat?
    It's not the Michael Mann one. It's a remake of a Burt Reynolds movie from the 80's (haven't seen it).
    After EVO 2k9 finals, I gave Justin Wong a hat that said "Honorary Wong Brother".
    I think he threw it away.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Emily Browning was the bomb in Sleeping Beauty. i showed it that movie to my friend and he got pissed off :rofl:
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    Upcoming remake

heat remake?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA :shake:

• NinetiesArcadeNinetiesArcade Joined: Posts: 1,492
    Finally saw All-Star Superman on Netflix; loved every minute of it.
    =============================================================
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of THE most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki.
    'Racism, that's the name of the game
    And you couldn't escape that if you was David Blaine
    Know what I'm sayin?' -Junk Science, House Wigger

• orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,636
    Emily Blunt looks like Katy Perry+the Joker. Still hot.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's been 5 years since Heath Ledger died. I remember it like it was yesterday. :sad:
    he was an agent of chaos 8-)

• AlphaZeroAlphaZero Zzzz Joined: Posts: 994
    I liked AI, aside from the whole way the Flesh Fair was done, with Ministry playing and some of the robot voice cameos. Just always came off a little goofy to me....movie probably suffered from the Haley Joel Osment overload of '99-2001, but it's one of the darker films Spielberg has done. It felt a lot like Kubrick, and I still don't buy Spielberg's claims that he didn't Spielberg some elements to soften things up a bit, but it was one of his more interesting films.

'01-'02 AI, Minority Report, Catch Me If You Can were some of my favorite Spielberg flicks. Jaws, Raiders and JP1 I can watch anytime. Haven't really liked most of his stuff from the Terminal:shake: and on(War Of The Worlds, Munich, Crystal Skull, War Horse). I wouldn't call them guilty pleasures cuz I think they're good films. Probably be Lost World, by Spielberg standards, that movie sucks. Mess of bad dialogue and bad pacing.
    GT: AlphaZero
    www.KI.Infil.net <-Best guide to learning KI
    I haven't seen Hook in a very long time. I remember it being bad.

But Williams' score is terrific as always, and it's fun to yell "Bangarang, Rufio!" whenever someone gets dissed.
    hook is such a kids movie, i love it cause i remember exactly the same feelings i had as a kid. rufio fucking stole that movie like it owed the firenation money.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • HeaTHeaT mindgames Joined: Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    watched Dredd 3d the other night. thought it was bad. the movie also made me realize i cant stand hyper stylized lighting, they used every shade of color like disco was going out of fashion in that movie.

plan on catching Amour here soon after i get over my cold, that is if it's still playing at my theater . i wasnt going to see this until i found out Haneke was directing it.

im outi

Roberth
    I stream games - twitch.tv/heatzgaming
    Youtube channel - youtube.com/heatfury
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    Anybody seen The Place Beyond the Pines? That film is probably my most anticipated this year. No, I'm not secretly wanting for it to be a Drive 2.

If you haven't seen...
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • StanmanStanman STUNMAN! Joined: Posts: 1,343

I think Hook is my Spielberg guilty pleasure.
    As a kid I fucking loved Hook. It wasn't until recently that I found out that it was actually critically panned and whatnot. So I went back to watch it to see if it was worse now that I had a more refined eye and mind and... I still thought it was fucking awesome.

For some movies nostalgia really just gets the best of me. Other times (like with Mortal Kombat and I'm sure a host of others) I do end up wising up a bit.

Funny story, I met Woody Harrelson on the set of "Now You See Me" and I really felt the need to tell him that I really enjoyed "Kingpin" growing up. He just looked at me like I was crazy and said "...thanks". Went back to see that the movie actually did really bad. I rewatched it and saw that it was a little rough on the edges, but I still think it's a solid movie. Just maybe not the best movie to complement Woody Harrelson for...
    After EVO 2k9 finals, I gave Justin Wong a hat that said "Honorary Wong Brother".
    I think he threw it away.
    watched Dredd 3d the other night. thought it was bad. the movie also made me realize i cant stand hyper stylized lighting, they used every shade of color like disco was going out of fashion in that movie.

plan on catching Amour here soon after i get over my cold, that is if it's still playing at my theater . i wasnt going to see this until i found out Haneke was directing it.

im outi

Roberth

You saw it in 3D right? The lighting really worked for me.
  • HeaTHeaT mindgames Joined: Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You saw it in 3D right? The lighting really worked for me.

no i didnt, rented it on vudu. my thoughts wouldnt have changed on the quality of the movie. although i do hear it had good 3d.

im outi

Roberth
    I stream games - twitch.tv/heatzgaming
    Youtube channel - youtube.com/heatfury