The SRK Movie Fanatic Thread (REVIEWS, QUESTIONS, RANTS, STARS...ETC.) EVERYTHING!!!

Comments

• P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ugh angryliberal just spoiled Fringe on facebook for me!!!!!!!!! Have had to wait until my wife is back in town to watch it :(
    watched Dredd 3d the other night. thought it was bad. the movie also made me realize i cant stand hyper stylized lighting, they used every shade of color like disco was going out of fashion in that movie.

plan on catching Amour here soon after i get over my cold, that is if it's still playing at my theater . i wasnt going to see this until i found out Haneke was directing it.

im outi

Roberth
    you're dead to me.
  • girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804
    rewatched blue velvet for like to millionth time.

learn something new with every watch.

his use of the 'closeup' is really fantastic in this one, seamless editing. the cutting ratio is like
    super small, every cut really packs a punch.
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    even though it didn't fit with the comic book Dredd's modus operandi, Ma-Ma's death was beautiful. especially with the accompanying music.

also DAT Thirlby
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • Las Vegas PimpLas Vegas Pimp XBL: Da Big Punisher Joined: Posts: 3,568
    I told everyone to watch Dredd 3d in the movies, it wasn't bad. People thought they saw it all already.
    Still have that SRK OG mentality.
  • KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,207
    I swear I have watched "The East" trailer like 10 times.
    Nothing like good ol' white on white violence. Its almost like chicken noodle soup for the soul.
  • HeaTHeaT mindgames Joined: Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    you're dead to me.

hahaha i knew you wouldnt approve.

just finished watching The Turin Horse, got damn that was a hard watch (could have been part of the point). apparently it's directed by some hungarian director who does pretentious artistic movies. the viewing was tedious but i can appreciate what he was trying to do and what he accomplished. i wasnt counting but i think the movie didnt use many shots, maybe 20-30 shots for the whole movie. impressive stuff. the cinematography was expertly delivered and complemented the theme well.

im outi

Roberth
    I stream games - twitch.tv/heatzgaming
    Youtube channel - youtube.com/heatfury
  • HeaTHeaT mindgames Joined: Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    for some reason, i always thought munich was one of spielberg's best movies...maybe because it didnt come off to me as too spielberg, not sure but this movie definitely doesnt get the praise it deserves. i guess in that sense it's my spielberg "guilty pleasure"

im outi

Roberth
    I stream games - twitch.tv/heatzgaming
    Youtube channel - youtube.com/heatfury
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    Yeah, it's definitely one of his least sentimental movies, and less traditional as far as his old-school directing inclinations go. It's a good one.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,636
    Random thought: There need to be more films like Transsiberian.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,826
    ...Chinese Zodiac is aweful

Did they hire the entire back catalogue of Capcom voice actors and script writers?

Only good thing was the outtakes at the end, I would happily watch the dvd extras.
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    ugh angryliberal just spoiled Fringe on facebook for me!!!!!!!!! Have had to wait until my wife is back in town to watch it :(

I spoiled Fringe by saying that the show is done after watching the series finale?
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
    I spoiled Fringe by saying that the show is done after watching the series finale?
    Now having watched it last night, I misinterpreted your post and the first comment to it to read that your favorite character died in the finale
    Ohhhh, I gotcha. I was like "Wait, I just said the show is done..." - I try my hardest to never out and out spoil anything on social media sites.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    When you said Deen I thought "Like James Deen?" then I clicked the link and said "Yup!" I can't watch the clip here at work, but I have a feeling Lohan would make me dislike this film.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,826
    It's her walking around for 2 minutes looking for phone, no shit it got rejected :lol:

It also looks like she burst out laughing when trying to cry lol
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    if james deen isnt slapping her with his cock...i give 0 foks.
    I told everyone to watch Dredd 3d in the movies, it wasn't bad. People thought they saw it all already.
    heard a weird rumor that the raid got an early copy of the dredd script and thats why their so similar. also had a friend whos a comic writer tell me, that dredd was based on a early 2000's storyline. kinda curious about the truth of this.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • AlphaZeroAlphaZero Zzzz Joined: Posts: 994
    Alex Garland(Dredd writer) was kicking around Dredd scripts since 2006, I think he was gonna do 1986's Democracy(was in the 2000AD comics) as the main plot but it was too complex to pull off while re-establishing the Dredd world. The final film has a lot of the comic elements, but I don't think it was based on any particular Dredd storyline. I remember Anderson's character, but I don't remember Ma-Ma, and it's been years since I've read any Dredd stuff.

Looks like Dredd is cleaning up in the rental/DVD/Bluray market.
    GT: AlphaZero
    www.KI.Infil.net <-Best guide to learning KI
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    Disney kicked JJ some extra money. Thats the only way to explain him doing Star Wars. I got no problem with it.
    I'm down to see what Abrams does, better choice than McG or some bullshit.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/24/watch-the-trailer-for-the-coens-inside-llewyn-davis

New Coen bros. movie too.
    Hey, get Lindelof to write it and I definitely won't see it. OK, that's a lie, I wasn't going to see it anyways. Is there a word for someone who only like ANH and ESB? Snob?
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,881
    I like Jedi. Best space battle in the series, and more Lando.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    Hey, get Lindelof to write it and I definitely won't see it. OK, that's a lie, I wasn't going to see it anyways. Is there a word for someone who only like ANH and ESB? Snob?

Nah, that'd be a Star Wars Realist. Yeah, there's six movies, but only two are really great. The rest you just kinda accept, but if pushed into a corner, you sort of "like" them just to defend Star Wars

I'd be okay with Lindelof and Abrams usual crew involved, just have someone to spot check death scenes that result from logic numbing stupidity.:rofl: I can't hate Lindelof too much though, I finally watched Lost all the way through and really enjoyed it. Best Stephen King novel that Stephen King never wrote.
    Jedi is interesting case...I don't hate it like I hate ep1-3, but I don't enjoy it either. I typically get bored of it whenever I try to watch it. It does have "It's a trap!" but that's about it for me.
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    Once people saw those prequel's, then all of sudden they like Jedi now. I honestly didn't have a problem with Jedi.
    I don't mind Jedi, but I do like it less since Lucas added Young Anakin ghost at the end. Tarnishes it even more than the CG celebration scene. Too much plodding around Jabba's palace at the start. Vader and Luke's stuff is still great though.
    Episode VII: Attack of the lense flare

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    This was just announced and that joke is already too played out.
    Personally I think it would be hilarious if Abrams puts references to Stars Wars in Star Trek and vice versa.

I hate Star Wars but I am intrigued to see what he can do for the franchise, and what Lidelulz can do with The Force.
    I'm down to see what Abrams does, better choice than McG or some bullshit.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/24/watch-the-trailer-for-the-coens-inside-llewyn-davis

New Coen bros. movie too.
    is mcg still directing lol...how do you got a career if you cant get on a fuckin plane.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Yeah, he did that This Means War with Reese Witherspoon, Captain Kirk and Bane, and it was horrible. Even for action rom com stuff. Made Knight and Day seem masterful:rofl:. He's had a lot of cancelled projects after that Terminator disaster, quite a few with over 10 million invested. Still talks about remaking Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep(Blade Runner).
    Hope that never happens. Ever.
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,097
    Jedi was the one OT movie that was influenced and spoiled by the series' pop culture status, including having merchandising and fanservice in mind during production. So cute teddy bears instead of Wookies, half nekkid Carrie Fisher (I'm okay with this), responding to backlash from the "unfun" ESB, and other bloat that detracts from Vader's redemption plot. The beginning of the end for Lucas-era Star Wars. Of course Jedi still nukes the PT from existence.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I like Jedi. Best space battle in the series, and more Lando.
    Yes yes agree
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,668
    Jedi was made to tie everything up as nobody really wanted to do a fourth one and the contracts for all the actors were expiring. It was also the first of them to sacrifice artistic integrity for money. The problem is it isn't particularly well done but is still a watchable film.

- First of all the cinematography, directing, and writing is worse. Peter Suschitzky and Irvin Kershner did not come back and Leigh Brackett was dead.
    - Han Solo doesn't really have anything to do. He just gets rescued, smiles, and acts stoned as Ford was only under contract for two movies so the original plan was to have him be rescued but either be dead or die in the attempt if he didn't want to come back.
    - The Jabba's Palace stuff is good even if some of the plotting is dumb such as the lightsaber being in R2D2 so he can shoot it out at the right time instead of Luke, who is now a Jedi, just walking in and killing everyone with his buddies like Kyle Katarn which is what eventually happens.
    - Luke going back to Dagobah and having Yoda and Obi Wan's ghost confirm that Vader is his dad is unnecessary but Lucas only included it as kids couldn't tell if Vader was lying or not in Empire so I can see why he put that in.
    - Ewoks were originally supposed to be Wookiees on Kashyyk and wrap up Chewbacca's storyline and such. The Empire enslaved the Wookiees as they are huge, stronger than like 20 guys, and live for 600 or something years on average but hiring a bunch of giants was way more expensive than dwarves and children and Lucas was financing it himself to keep all the merchandising so he went with the cheapo route.
    - The battle on Endor is retarded too. A couple hundred Eworks with stone age tech take down a few legions of stormtroopers. Keep in mind a legion is like 5,000+ heavy infanty and an equal number of auxiliaries. I could see the rebels using them in a massive wave attack to take dow nteh shield generator with heavy casualties but no that isn't what happens. They take down the best trained army in the galaxy who has developed new tech like scout troopers and speeder bikes with nothing but Home Alone booby traps.
    - The Emperor was changed from a guy who sounded regal but ruthless to throaty, sadistic, evil guy. Ian McDiarmid did a great job with the material he was given even if his plan was kind of retarded. Him being beyond weapons and just using the force for torture was a nice counterpoint to Yoda. The final confrontation is solid too (not as good as Empire though) with some nice ideas.
    - The space battle is really fucking well done. Like it's better than the prequel ones.
    - The real problem is endor, the lightsaber fight, and the death star battle are all edited together, which ruins the emotional buildup with the cutting back and forth instead of being simple like initial space attack, wait, attack the shield generator on endor with luke being captured, luke confronts vader + the emperor, finish the other battles, vader dies on the shuttle, deathstar is blown up. ggpo.
    - The final thing is that killing the emperor and a dozen star destroyers and a couple legions doesn't mean much. Remember that Star Wars galaxy has over a million populated worlds with trillions of people and is ruled by strongmen like Tarkin, who even Vader has to respect. Killing the emperor and wiping out maybe 100k max of his couple billion guys means hardly anything. One of them will just declare himself the new emperor and back it up with brute force, hokey religion be damned.

Enough with the Star Wars though. To Live in Die in LA is on Youtube in 1080p. Watch that shit as it's classic.
  • KneelB4MeKneelB4Me CVS2! Joined: Posts: 810
    The year of hate has begun. I was looking forward to Gangster Squad. What a disappointment it was....
    I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them.
    More K less A
    i dunno... Gangster Squad looked pretty stupid in the trailers

probably still go see it though.
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    It looked like a Dick Tracy spin off to me. So if you treat it like that's think it may be better, also it has Emma Stone :love:
    gl hf dd ka.