The SRK Movie Fanatic Thread (REVIEWS, QUESTIONS, RANTS, STARS...ETC.) EVERYTHING!!!

Comments

• AlphaZeroAlphaZero Zzzz Joined: Posts: 994
    Looper was even better on the second viewing. Great flick.:tup:
    Katsuhiro Otomo's Akira and Domu must have been some of Rian Johnson's influences, lots of shots with the little kid doing his thing remind me heavily of Otomo's comic panels. Actually works pretty well as redemption tale too.
    Also really like it's sheer simplicity in explaining the time travel paradoxes, how changes in the past affect the future characters memories, etc. Felt far like a far more concise and calculated film on 2nd watch. Clever premise, well executed.
    GT: AlphaZero
    www.KI.Infil.net <-Best guide to learning KI
  • KneelB4MeKneelB4Me CVS2! Joined: Posts: 810
    I saw everything.....VCR and cable, my dad was a TV junkie, and he let me watch everything. Grew up watching Blade Runner, Alien, Aliens, Terminator, Thing, Die Hard, Star Wars,Hellraiser, Robocop, Schwarzenegger,Carpenter, Cronenberg, Romero, Friday the 13th, Freddy. I watched Blade Runner endlessly, even though I didn't have a clue what it was about. It was just the coolest shit I had ever seen.
    I failed some church class my mom put me in so I could stay home and watch the extended version of Aliens when they played it on TV.:tup:

You have good taste KneelB4Me....I remember you from XBL CVS2 as well lol

Thanks man, same to you :) Those were the days I miss that section of the site!
    I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them.
    More K less A
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    that section was mostly about me OCVing people :coffee:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,777

You can really hear the inception influence

Vin looking old, guess he'll be in Expendables 3.

"Vehidicular warfare" lol what :lol:
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,501 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    People dont realize that Vin is old enough to have fathered most of the people on SRK.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,633
    Star Trek 2 teaser looks generic but I have faith in Abrams ST1 was great. Still pissed a white guy is playing Mandarin but otherwose Im3 looks like it should be better than 2 which I thought was pretty good. Michael Bay directing FnF6:rofl:

Don't think I've ever cried at a film, but im sure at least a few have made me feel really sad, UP comes to mind. So yeah now I get Hulu plus free and it's selection is pretty good surprisingly.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • AlphaZeroAlphaZero Zzzz Joined: Posts: 994
    that section was mostly about me OCVing people :coffee:
    Gotta love the classic SNAAAKE quotes
    "Fighting you is like fighting the computer" or "Take a walk scrub" :rofl:
    I miss CVS2 boards. SRK worried less about peoples feelings getting hurt. 09 and on the FGC is so thin skinned:shake:
    GT: AlphaZero
    www.KI.Infil.net <-Best guide to learning KI
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,777
    Star Trek 2 teaser looks generic but I have faith in Abrams ST1 was great. Still pissed a white guy is playing Mandarin but otherwose Im3 looks like it should be better than 2 which I thought was pretty good. Michael Bay directing FnF6:rofl:

I was thinking, Sir Ben Kingsley isn't white! But then I realised you muddled your movies up. We still don't know exactly who Cumberbatch is, I still think because of the new timeline Khan no longer exist or his role in the ST universe has been switched with that other character that became super human.

• KneelB4MeKneelB4Me CVS2! Joined: Posts: 810
    You needed to be thick skinned with Snake roll activating on everyone within a 5000 mile radius! Good times. People were animals, truly :rofl:

I watched the horror film The Corridor. One to miss, don't watch it..
    I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them.
    More K less A
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460

Wow homegirl comes off a bit pretentious a bit. The only reason why GI Joe Retaliation got pulled was because it was stuck between Amazing Spiderman and Dark Knight Rises. That movie wasn't gonna make any money in that slot.
    GI JOE Retaliation got pulled so it can be upgraded to 3D. You dont shelf a movie FOR A YEAR simply because of competition. There were plenty of gaps last year where it could have been placed. But no, they wanted to upgrade it.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    People dont realize that Vin is old enough to have fathered most of the people on SRK.
    i can top that. no acquaintance ever i've talked to in real life didn't know he wasn't white.

and Vin Diesel can make a million FaF movies as long as it allows him to make Riddick movies.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    that pink hair movie girl is hot as fucc

• Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    that pink hair movie girl is hot as fucc
    too bad about her legs though :sad:
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • StanmanStanman STUNMAN! Joined: Posts: 1,343
    GI JOE Retaliation got pulled so it can be upgraded to 3D. You dont shelf a movie FOR A YEAR simply because of competition. There were plenty of gaps last year where it could have been placed. But no, they wanted to upgrade it.
    I heard it wasn't just because they're "upgrading" it to 3d. I heard it also did terrible in test screenings and they want to make it so Channing Tatum doesn't die in the beginning.

edit: what happened to that girl's legs?
    After EVO 2k9 finals, I gave Justin Wong a hat that said "Honorary Wong Brother".
    I think he threw it away.
    they have an unattractive shape imo.
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    ABC's of Death is my new favourite hated movie. So many confusing ass episodes, and some that were either phoned in, or just plane stupid. But then you get solid gold like L and D. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it. But it's definitely worth a watch.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    I heard it wasn't just because they're "upgrading" it to 3d. I heard it also did terrible in test screenings and they want to make it so Channing Tatum doesn't die in the beginning.

edit: what happened to that girl's legs?

That was all done before the movie was supposed to be originally released. Channing had already filmed alternate endings.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That was all done before the movie was supposed to be originally released. Channing had already filmed alternate endings.
    sooooo i was at a karate tourney over the weekend and met the actor who played kid snake eyes, and apparently ive been chillin wit his stuntman/stuntkid for a while at tournies lol.

btw they did do reshoots for channing, there might have been alternate endings...but they did reshoot shit cuz he got popular after the fact they were done filming.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    Yeah, an interview he did (during the original release period) he said he didn't know which one they were using.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah, an interview he did (during the original release period) he said he didn't know which one they were using.
    also another thing...kid snake-eyes told me he got paid again for part 2 even though he's not in it. apparently their gonna use footage of him from part 1 at somepoint. probably some kind of refresher flashback scene.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    Fargo's on! *pelvic thrusts*
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Movie Tears:

The Professional
    The Passion of the Christ
    Old Yeller
    Million Dollar Baby
    Boyz N the Hood
    The Fountain
    The Fall
    Babel
    The Truman Show
    Mulholland Drive

those are just the ones i can think of off the to of my head. i'll cry over anything. suck it.

u left out The Champ and Rocky 3
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yeh, what happened to that harddrive?

The info was leaked why would they need the HD after that?
    I can't remember if it was it all leaked. If it was then, yeh it's useless.

He uploaded agent's photos to Youtube and M had to save who she could.
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Finally got around to watching watchmen. I know lots of nerds hate it but I didn't. I don't usually watch movies but as part of Chinese study I use ppptv to view English movies with Chinese subtitles.

Thought it was a good movie. The owl costume guy looked kinda gay and ridiculous. Actually all the super heroes did but that's my only complaint. It was a dark and gritty film, except for the gay costumes, and that's what I like in my comic movies. Not so much the sunshine and lollipops of avengers.

Don't care if it didn't capture the graphic novel perfectly because I never read it so it's a complete non factor for me. But the cinematography felt like I was reading a comic so that was good. The black freighter cartoon was good too.

I guess I can understand. Graphic novels are a unique medium that no movie will ever capture perfectly.
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
    yeh, what happened to that harddrive?

Hm... not going to waste my time watching another one of these.

Unless it's to do a parody of how bad their movie trailer parodies are.
    u left out The Champ and Rocky 3
    never seen The Champ

never seen ANY Rocky movie. fight me. test.gif
    Finally got around to watching watchmen. I know lots of nerds hate it but I didn't. I don't usually watch movies but as part of Chinese study I use ppptv to view English movies with Chinese subtitles.

Thought it was a good movie. The owl costume guy looked kinda gay and ridiculous. Actually all the super heroes did but that's my only complaint. It was a dark and gritty film, except for the gay costumes, and that's what I like in my comic movies. Not so much the sunshine and lollipops of avengers.

Don't care if it didn't capture the graphic novel perfectly because I never read it so it's a complete non factor for me. But the cinematography felt like I was reading a comic so that was good. The black freighter cartoon was good too.

I guess I can understand. Graphic novels are a unique medium that no movie will ever capture perfectly.
    have you read the comic book?
    Snyder is a fanboy. fanboys can sometimes be shortsighted when reproducing things. they are prone to fetishize the original work instead of paying homage. one of the important things about The Minutemen and The Crimebusters is that all of them, aside from Dr. Manhattan, are REGULAR HUMANS (with problems). i cannot stress enough- REGULAR HUMANS (Moloch just had funny shaped ears).

@ 0:55
    @ 1:05
    @ 1:24
    @ 1:56
    @ 2:03

that ain't regular human shit.

Snyder took some of the weight out of certain scenes by trying to make the characters look cool (fetishzing). Nite Owl II and Silk Spectre II did fight a bunch of dudes in an alley in the comic, but it wasn't that graphic, and i'm almost sure they didn't kill anyone (just knocked them out quickly). the problem comes when Rorschach is interrogating that guy in the bar and breaking his fingers. Nite Owl II is upset Rorschach is breaking the dude's fingers, when he had no problems KILLING people while on a date; he and SS II were laughing during and after the fight.

don't even get me started on the rape attempt scene. that was supposed to be horrifying. Snyder turned it into a comedic dance. "he body slammed her onto the pool table to put her in rape position and the balls went in the holes LOL!" get outta here with that crap.

his "Dr. Manhattan remembers stuff" is amazing though. love that scene.

the whole thing behind REGULAR HUMANS needing to be stressed is because of the GIANT ALIEN PSYCHIC VAGINA SQUID Ozymandias spawned out of nowhere. it was so jarring, all world leaders joined together out of complete fear. the movie's "Manhattan did it" means every world power is going to join together out of hatred of the USA. that's a serious difference, and basically does nothing to create the peace Ozymandias attempted though his genocide.
    The fact that Watchmen is one of THE must-read comics while the movie is roundly received with "Meh, it's alright, I guess" is proof positive that Watchmen is more than just taking the superhero genre and ramping it up with more violence and insanity... which is all that a lot of people seem to understand.
    Hm... not going to waste my time watching another one of these.

Unless it's to do a parody of how bad their movie trailer parodies are.

but its pretty accurate

only reason skyfall wasnt a bad movie is because qos was REALLY shitty. word on the street is people compare javier bardem/agent to tdk/joker which doesn't even make any sense.

what...the fuck?

Skyfall's a legitimately excellent Bond movie. All the video did was MST3K certain plot points and call it a trailer.

The fuck kind of trailer runs for five minutes, anyway?
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    I think Goldeneye is literally the only Bond film I've ever seen and all I remember about it is thighs.
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
    Yeah, those two parts of the movie were good, but GoldenEye is otherwise pretty average as far as Bond goes.
  • EVARGNUGEVARGNUG American Qi Joined: Posts: 878
    Just saw Skyfall.

Okay:
    Berenice Marlohe is mesmerizing. She's like a non-evil backstabbing "Sophie Marceau." So many fine French actresses. Javier Bardem is like that contraption holding his face together, WICKED. The "time and place" killzone transition was cool.
  • Sexperienced.Sexperienced. kdh Joined: Posts: 5,281
    EVARNUG,she barely had any screen time. most forgettable bond girl ever.