The SRK Movie Fanatic Thread (REVIEWS, QUESTIONS, RANTS, STARS...ETC.) EVERYTHING!!!

Comments

• AzureAzure Inciteful. Joined: Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭ Former OG

This is a surprise drop...........

But... can she see herself?
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,949
    edited December 2017
    That Ready Player One trailer has a number of additional easter eggs sprinkled through.

Ready to go into full nostalgia mode.
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
    edited December 2017

Really nice breakdown.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Say....my....name! Joined: Posts: 21,927 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Annihilation Trailer..........
    Based on Jeff VanderMeer’s best-selling Southern Reach Trilogy, Annihilation stars Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Gina Rodriguez, Tessa Thompson, Tuva Novotny and Oscar Isaac. It was written and directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, 28 Days Later).
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,983 mod
    (Sigh. The annoyance of this week kept making me forget to post in here. I'll have to catch up on the trailers later.)

Last weekend I finally got around to watching Wind River. I liked it overall, though I suppose I can see why there may be some complaints about the overall lack of agency or mourning of the American Indian characters and/or some complaints about the decisions of Elizabeth Olson's character. For the most, they didn't bother me given they unfortunately seem true to life given how crappy reservations are and given how badly a neophyte officer assigned by an agency that doesn't give a fuck about the particular problem might screw up (repeatedly). Sadly, it was just kind of refreshing to see American Indian characters and actors at all, as well as their being a relationship between a male main character and a female main character that was pretty much strictly platonic and professional and not just so because one of them was gay or already married.

That said, the climax being as action-packed as it was bothered me just because it seemed a bit...forced, motive-wise, unlike the end of Hell or High Water where it was pretty inevitable by the nature of the movie, but that's Hollywood for you, so meh. There were at least the possible excuses of desperation and insanity, but I still haven't completely made my mind up about whether I buy either of those reasonings...much like Murder on the Orient Express now I realize.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/409543-paramount-sets-release-dates-for-new-gi-joe-micronauts-and-more

First up is a brand new GI Joe movie from the studio which will be released on March 27, 2020. It will be followed by Micronauts on October 16, 2020. In addition, an Untitled Paramount/Hasbro Event Film was set for October 1, 2021. Seemingly unrelated to the “Hasbro Cinematic Universe,” but still a property of Hasbro, is a new Dungeons & Dragons movie, which will be released on July 23, 2021.

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

Ocean's 8 trailer..........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    Some Trailers............

Disney's The Nutcracker and the Four Realms - Teaser Trailer
    All Clara (Mackenzie Foy) wants is a key – a one-of-a-kind key that will unlock a box that holds a priceless gift from her late mother. A golden thread, presented to her at godfather Drosselmeyer’s (Morgan Freeman) annual holiday party, leads her to the coveted key which promptly disappears into a strange and mysterious parallel world. It’s there that Clara encounters a soldier named Phillip (Jayden Fowora-Knight), a gang of mice and the regents who preside over three Realms: Land of Snowflakes, Land of Flowers and Land of Sweets. Clara and Phillip must brave the ominous Fourth Realm, home to the tyrant Mother Ginger (Helen Mirren), to retrieve Clara’s key and hopefully return harmony to the unstable world.

Starring Keira Knightley as the Sugar Plum Fairy and featuring a special performance by Misty Copeland, Disney’s new holiday feature film “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” is directed by Lasse Hallström and inspired by E.T.A. Hoffmann’s classic tale. In theaters on Nov. 2, 2018.

Mortal Engines - Teaser Trailer
    Thousands of years after civilization was destroyed by a cataclysmic event, humankind has adapted and a new way of living has evolved. Gigantic moving cities now roam the Earth, ruthlessly preying upon smaller traction towns. Tom Natsworthy (Robert Sheehan)—who hails from a Lower Tier of the great traction city of London—finds himself fighting for his own survival after he encounters the dangerous fugitive Hester Shaw (Hera Hilmar). Two opposites, whose paths should never have crossed, forge an unlikely alliance that is destined to change the course of the future.

Mortal Engines is the startling, new epic adventure directed by Oscar®-winning visual-effects artist Christian Rivers (King Kong). Joining Rivers are The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogies three-time Academy Award®-winning filmmakers Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, who have penned the screenplay. The Universal and MRC adaptation is from the award-winning book series by Philip Reeve, published in 2001 by Scholastic. On board as producers are Zane Weiner (The Hobbit trilogy), Amanda Walker (The Hobbit trilogy) and Deborah Forte (Goosebumps), as well as Walsh and Jackson. Ken Kamins (The Hobbit trilogy) joins Boyens as executive producer. Universal will distribute the film worldwide.

SICARIO 2: SOLDADO - Official Teaser Trailer
    In Sicario 2: Soldado, the drug war on the US – Mexico border has escalated as the cartels have begun trafficking terrorists across the US border. To fight the war, federal agent Matt Graver (Josh Brolin) reteams with the mercurial Alejandro (Benicio Del Toro).

Cast:
    Benicio Del Toro
    Josh Brolin
    Isabela Moner
    Jeffrey Donovan
    Manuel Garcia-Rulfo
    Catherine Keener

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    I saw the Get out film.

I've never really watched horror (Barring Alien) but I heard all the good press this fiilm was getting and decided to watch it

Pros

Acting.

The script/direction really draw you into Chris discomfort . It builds it up slowly to get you invested. As a minority , I was able to relate to Chris than many other characters.

humor - Rod was funny as hell.

Score was very effective.

Cons

Since this film is relatively grounded until the last third, the big twist and the mechanics scream science fiction which was a bit weird.

Overall: 8.5/10

for a first writing/directing Jordan Peele did an amazing job. :tup:

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,998
    Friendly reminder that Capcom and Udon has its own "The Shape of Water" thing going on right now.
    25443188_10102932064696063_3165430609478218611_n.jpg?oh=f8710f58569f5cf8d28488a7486c0d7b&oe=5AC8D60D

I am definitely going to be checking this movie out. The plot is extremely curious bout Guillermo Del Toro always delivers in these kind of ideas.

Mild-mannered pharmaceutical company executive Harold Soyinka (David Oyelowo) takes a business trip from Chicago to Mexico with his cutthroat bosses Richard (Joel Edgerton) and Elaine (Charlize Theron). At the company’s Mexican lab, Richard orders manager Sanchez (Hernán Mendoza) to stop selling the bioengineered marijuana product Cannabax to a brutal, Beatles-loving cartel kingpin known as The Black Panther. Meanwhile, straight-arrow Harold learns he’ll be out of a job as soon as Richard and Elaine sell their newly cleaned-up company to a conglomerate. And when he turns to his wife Bonnie (Thandie Newton) back home for comfort, she confesses via Skype that she’s having an affair.

Targeted by the ruthless Black Panther, who hopes to gain access to the Cannabax formula, Harold disappears before his bosses return to Chicago. A few hours later they receive a call informing them he’s been kidnapped, and his captors are demanding a $5 million ransom. Rather than pay, Richard dispatches his mercenary-turned-humanitarian brother Mitch (Sharlto Copley) to extract Harold. But even with some temporary assistance from warmhearted American tourist Sunny (Amanda Seyfried) and her drug-mule boyfriend Miles (Harry Treadaway), Harold’s prospects for survival grow dimmer by the minute.

Pursued by an army of attackers, Harold crosses the line from mild-mannered citizen to wanted criminal. But is he out of his depth? Or two steps ahead? An action-comedy roller-coaster ride brimming with black humor, white-knuckle car chases and double-dealing, Gringo takes the concept of adventure travel to a whole new level.
    Directed by Nash Edgerton, who made his feature-length directorial debut with the acclaimed Australian thriller The Square, Gringo is written by Anthony Tambakis and Matthew Stone and produced by Rebecca Yeldham, Nash Edgerton, Beth Kono, A.J. Dix, Theron and Tambakis.

The weed trade............

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    edited December 2017
    I watched the Power Rangers (2017) film.
    I had seen a handful of the "Mighty Morphin" incarnation in the 90's, but dont have much knowledge so I basically went in as a newbie.

Pros:

The kids were generally likeable. I liked that they werent all "perfect" upstanding kids.

Suit design and zord designs were cool.

Cranston as Zordon.

The campfire scene.

Billy was my favorite character. I thought he would get annoying but he was the heart of the team.

Cons

While I liked that they made the 1st team morphing come late in the film and have some weight to it, I feel that the setup phase could be a little shorter.

There was relatively little action before the final battle/1st team morphing. The action was serviceable in the final battle but didnt wow me.

Elizabeth Banks "Campy" performance. If the other characters/tone were super silly, it might have been fitting. The serious nature of the rest of the film clashed with her character.

The absurd amount of attention Krispy Kreme got and it being a plot point annoyed me.

They can pilot the individual zords pretty well for not having any previous experience lol.

Overall: 7/10 A decent intro film.

I'd watch another film with these actors if it is made, but improve the action.

-Jawaharlal Nehru
  • YunaYuna SRK'S Social Justice Cleric Joined: Posts: 7,592
    The Shape of Water is one of the best films of the year.
    And yes, I would indeed fuck that fish. I would fuck him all night long at the risk of drowning.
    "You can go ahead and cry about SJWs at this point if you like (I know some of you will), but it's not that I'm against boobs and asses and vaginas and cocks and all that. Love 'em! Genitals? Brilliant. Love lookin' at human genitalia. I love to watch genitals just poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it..."
    --Jim Sterling
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 10,005
    Shape of water is the best film of the year. So beautiful in every way. Im still on an emotional high from it. I cant describe how magical this film was. Please go see it
    edited December 2017
    Ultimately, unless The Last Jedi literally makes me come in my pants as I'm watching it, I'm going to give my personal top three films of the year now and let that be that.

1. Get Out, dir. Jordan Peele
    2. The Shape of Water, dir. Guillermo del Toro
    3. The Beguiled, dir. Sofia Coppola

Honorable mention for the movies I personally had the most fun with this year: Wonder Woman, dir. Patty Jenkins, Atomic Blonde, dir. David Leitch
    Post edited by Yuna on
    "You can go ahead and cry about SJWs at this point if you like (I know some of you will), but it's not that I'm against boobs and asses and vaginas and cocks and all that. Love 'em! Genitals? Brilliant. Love lookin' at human genitalia. I love to watch genitals just poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it..."
    --Jim Sterling
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,885
    edited December 2017
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,334
    Not that I'm the movie buff that some of yall are, but my 2017 movies (in no order):
    • Baby Driver
    • The Foreigner
    • Get Out
    On second viewing, The Shape of Water might be one of my favorite movies ever. It's directed, written, shot, and especially acted so damn well it hurts, and it's a fantastic story about downtrodden and marginalized people. Sally Hawkins gives the best performance I've seen in a movie in years. Del Toro has outdone himself, and this is coming from someone who thinks Crimson Peak is an underrated modern classic.
    --Jim Sterling
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,399
    My top three movies of 2017:

Alien: Covenant
    Justice League
    The Last Jedi
    Hecatom wrote: »
    chadouken turning each day that passes into assffinity jr. SMFH
    I just saw Baby Driver.

I liked it :360:

Pros:

the soundtrack and the editing of the fiilm to match it
    Acting
    Action/driving sequences

Cons:
    Somewhat standard story
    Not much backstory on the supporting cast

Overall: 8/10

-Jawaharlal Nehru
    chadouken! wrote: »

Justice League
    The Last Jedi

I have always liked you, man

But gatdam... I hope I never get you as Secret Santa.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

• chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,399
    Azure wrote: »

Justice League
    The Last Jedi

If I'm being honest, I only listed those to be an ass. My favorite movies of the year are probably Blade Runner, Spider-Man, and Star Wars (despite all the hate, I actually did like it).
    Hecatom wrote: »
    chadouken turning each day that passes into assffinity jr. SMFH
    Azure wrote: »

Justice League
    The Last Jedi

If I'm being honest, I only listed those to be an ass. My favorite movies of the year are probably Blade Runner, Spider-Man, and Star Wars (despite all the hate, I actually did like it).

Blade Runner would definitely be in my top 3.

But what do I know?

I loved The American.

And just mentioning it is enough to get @P. Gorath wroth enough to reiterate his hate-filled diatribe against it and hookers with hearts of gold.

My top 3 films that I've seen in 2017:

Logan
    Wonder woman
    Get Out

(I gave Thor Ragnarok the same mark (8.5)as the above films, but Im more biased towards drama and get out really came out of nowhere)

-Jawaharlal Nehru
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't think I saw more than 3 movies this year :(
  • EVARGNUGEVARGNUG You dishonor, the way of the Bushido. Joined: Posts: 899
    I tried to watch The Florida Project, but after an hour, even though that movie is everything they say it is and more, I had to stop. dayum lol
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 643
    Went to see Jumanji, and for a movie I had no good expectations of, it is actually really enjoyable. They did a nice little Easter egg to acknowledge Robin Williams character from the original.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,380
    if you wanna be mindfucked then watch this movie...

edited January 2
    Drew Struzan is a movie poster legend. They are releasing a high quality print of the Back to the Future poster. If I had a space for this, I'd grab it.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/drew-struzans-iconic-back-to-the-future-poster-just-got-1821691701
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,334
    Downsizing is really, really good. Didn't wanna see it initially, but lack of options forced my hand - glad I did. It has some amazingly funny moments more often than you'd think and in completely different ways than you'd expect.

In a small town in Massachusetts, four high school girls perform a ritual in an attempt to debunk the lore of SLENDER MAN. When one of the girls goes mysteriously missing, they begin to suspect that she is, in fact, HIS latest victim.

Directed by: Sylvain White
    Written by: David Birke
    Based on a character by: Victor Surge
    Produced by: Bradley J. Fischer, James Vanderbilt, William Sherak, Robyn Meisinger, Sarah Snow

Cast:
    Joey King, Julia Goldani-Telles, Jaz Sinclair, Annalise Basso, and Javier Botet

I think it's a bit late........but whatever.

Lucy Hale (Pretty Little Liars) and Tyler Posey (Teen Wolf) lead the cast of Blumhouse's Truth or Dare, a supernatural thriller from Blumhouse Productions (Happy Death Day, Get Out, Split). A harmless game of “Truth or Dare” among friends turns deadly when someone-or something-begins to punish those who tell a lie-or refuse the dare.

Directed by Jeff Wadlow (Kick-Ass 2), the thriller co-stars Violett Beane, Nolan Gerard Funk, Hayden Szeto and Sophia Taylor Ali. The film was produced by Blumhouse's Jason Blum and executive produced by Wadlow.

Can't wait for its sequel..........Spin the Bottle.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 5
    I dont think I have a Top flick... maybe IT? Didnt love anything this year tbh.

Movies of Note that I saw, 2017:
    Get Out
    IT
    Good Time
    John Wick 2
    Dunkirk
    Split

Well made blockbusters that are ultimately still forgettable 2017:
    Thor Ragnarok
    War for the Planet of the Apes
    Logan
    Baby Driver
    Blade Runner 2049 (sorry/not sorry)

Expensive Mediocrity 2017:
    Kong: Skull Island
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    Wonder Woman
    Life
    Ghost In The Shell
    Beauty and The Beast
    Spiderman: Homecoming
    Star Wars The Last Jedi

Stuff I saw that sucked 2017:
    All Eyez on Me
    Justice League
    The Disaster Artist

Stuff I didnt see yet:
    Trainspotting 2
    Wind River
    American Made
    I Tonya
    The Foreigner
    Mother
    Logan Lucky
    Atomic Blonde
    Dark Tower
    Which of these should I go for first? Hopefully one of them surprise me because I put them off for a reason.
    Post edited by TheMaidenMasha on
    edited January 6
    How to make a blockbuster trailer. This is so accurate.

(Ugh. I still need to watch all of the trailers in here, especially now there have been like 20 more posts since my hiatus. Sigh.)

Regardless, I'm going to double post for once since I don't want to have an immense post be my first post back. So for this post, I am just going to post a couple of trailers that still haven't been posted in here:

Phantom Thread - Opens everywhere (finally) on Jan. 19th, 2018.
    Set in the glamour of 1950’s post-war London, renowned dressmaker Reynolds Woodcock (Daniel Day-Lewis) and his sister Cyril (Lesley Manville) are at the center of British fashion, dressing royalty, movie stars, heiresses, socialites, debutants and dames with the distinct style of The House of Woodcock. Women come and go through Woodcock’s life, providing the confirmed bachelor with inspiration and companionship, until he comes across a young, strong-willed woman, Alma (Vicky Krieps), who soon becomes a fixture in his life as his muse and lover. Once controlled and planned, he finds his carefully tailored life disrupted by love. With his latest film, Paul Thomas Anderson paints an illuminating portrait both of an artist on a creative journey, and the women who keep his world running. Phantom Thread is Paul Thomas Anderson’s eighth movie, and his second collaboration with Daniel Day-Lewis.

The Leisure Seeker - Opens (everywhere?) on Jan. 19th, 2018.
    Traveling in their family Leisure Seeker vintage recreational vehicle, John and Ella Spencer take one last road trip from Boston to the Hemingway House in the Florida Keys before his Alzheimer's and her cancer can catch up with them.

Haha at the difference of length in those descriptor paragraphs.

P. Gorath wrote: »
    I don't think I saw more than 3 movies this year :(

Oh, Mr. Gorath, what have you become?
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    (Something I was randomly curious about while I was away: @Yuna, this is a random question, but have you ever watched Jezebel?)

So given that there was apparently literal gushing about The Shape of Water just after I left, it is appropriate that I just finally saw it today after walking miles in the rain to see it. I would have seen it earlier, most likely, but until just a week ago--technically two--it was only playing in San Francisco (and fucking Palo Alto) as far as the Bay Area goes--grrr....

Anyway, my mother wanted to see it again and despite her sometimes dubious tastes, I can see why. It was really well-done, especially the make-up that was used to make Doug Jones, whom I am glad to see finally getting his due, the Amphibian Man. In general, it was just nice to have an American movie with a strong romantic angle that wasn't complete crap; same for a fantasy movie given I'm not about Star Wars. I swear that people wouldn't give the romance genre nearly as much crap as it gets if it wasn't for America helping to (over)saturate it with shitty rom-coms and now also idiotic softcore porn like 50 Shades of [Whatever]. I mean, for the most part, I've liked all of the (admittedly few) non-comedic romance movies I've watched, at least that I can think of off the top of my head; too bad the vast majority of them are foreign save for Away from Her and, much longer ago, Ever After.

I also finally got around to watching Coco just yesterday after a friend's indirect recommendation pushed me over the edge. I'm glad that I finally saw it since even as arguably cliche as it was at times, it was still a rather well-made movie, and I actually misinterpreted the twist at the end or, at least, didn't think Disney and Pixar would go that dark. I'm not ashamed to say that I legitimately teared up towards the end, which is rare for me; then again, realistic senility is rarely ever tackled in a serious sense, at least in animation, and even in live-action, it's usually for cheap melodrama. I'm still not sure what I think about Disney trying to own everything, especially after learning about them supposedly trying to copyright "Día de (los) Muertos", which is just "...fuck you" levels of audacity if true, but I am glad to see the movie ended up doing very well despite complete ambivalence towards it for a couple of months. I do find it hilarious that apparently Coco is doing as well in China as it is in Mexico given China's usual supernatural ban.

Besides those two things in theaters, I also finally watched The Avengers (on TV)--thanks Syfy--and In Bruges (on DVD), the latter of which I decided to finally view after seeing and enjoying Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri in theaters shortly before my hiatus. Too bad that no one else in here was interested in that movie save for Shaft Agent, who most likely isn't coming back any time soon, if ever.

Oh well. I'll just end it here, as such.

- P. G. Wodehouse
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 10,005
    edited January 6
    Everyone should see In Bruges, one of the best dark comedies ive seen

Also, everyone should just get moviepass and turn all those maybe should i sees into yes i should

Speaking of romance movies, "The Big Sick" is in my top 5 movies of the year. It's incredibly funny while still keeping this saddening plot the whole time. It's wonderfully acted, especially by Ray Romano and Holly Hunter. Watched it with my fiancee and we both laughed at so many parts that we had to pause it so we didn't miss anything. At the same time it will make you yell at your roommate for cutting onions in the kitchen. It's free with Amazon Prime right now and I think everyone should see this movie.

https://letterboxd.com/mood4food77/list/films-ive-seen-in-2017-ranked/

Here's my list of every 2017 movie I've seen. I use this site to keep track of what I've seen. It's great
  • EVARGNUGEVARGNUG You dishonor, the way of the Bushido. Joined: Posts: 899
    edited January 7
    Just saw Wind River. I don't know anything about life in the Rez, but in terms of depicting attitudes of hopelessness in general, I'd say it's pretty accurate. My neighbor who is Ojibwe tells me that the rez is just another hood. You genuinely feel that these people need help. Jeremy Renner plays the stoic old loner role well. Elizabeth Olsen is incredible in this one. You feel what she feels being someone who's completely unfamiliar with the territory. What she sees really upsets her. It's too bad the bad guy(s) are just some cliche drunk white dudes preventing the film from being really great. 8/10.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,885
    Everyone should see In Bruges, one of the best dark comedies ive seen

Also, everyone should just get moviepass and turn all those maybe should i sees into yes i should

Speaking of romance movies, "The Big Sick" is in my top 5 movies of the year. It's incredibly funny while still keeping this saddening plot the whole time. It's wonderfully acted, especially by Ray Romano and Holly Hunter. Watched it with my fiancee and we both laughed at so many parts that we had to pause it so we didn't miss anything. At the same time it will make you yell at your roommate for cutting onions in the kitchen. It's free with Amazon Prime right now and I think everyone should see this movie.

https://letterboxd.com/mood4food77/list/films-ive-seen-in-2017-ranked/

Here's my list of every 2017 movie I've seen. I use this site to keep track of what I've seen. It's great

In Bruge has the most realistic sound of a body falling from considerable height, ever.

Should have stuck with the original, "alternate" ending, though.

Fiennes can do no wrong.

Ironically enough.

• TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I watched Mother! last night. HOLY SHIT.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file