The SRK Movie Fanatic Thread (REVIEWS, QUESTIONS, RANTS, STARS...ETC.) EVERYTHING!!!

1460461462463464466»

Comments

• NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 890
    edited January 14
    I don't know about 'In Brudges' being a great dark comedy, but it was entertaining. If I had to choose a top 10:

1. Office Space (1999)

2. The Big Lebowski (1998)

3. Brazil (1985)

4. The Ladykillers (2004)

5. The Producers (1967)

6. Dr. Strangelove (1964)

7. Hot Fuzz (2007)

8. Better Off Dead (1985)

9. Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999)

10. Butter (2011)
    Post edited by NeverYouMind on
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,508
    I don't know about 'In Brudges' being a great dark comedy, but it was entertaining. If I had to choose a top 10:

1. Office Space (1999)

2. The Big Lebowski (1998)

3. Brazil (1985)

4. The Ladykillers (2004)

5. The Producers (1967)

6. Dr. Strangelove (1964)

7. Hot Fuzz (2007)

8. Better Off Dead (1985)

9. Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999)

10. Butter (2011)

My Blue Heaven

I don't consider 'My Blue Heaven' a dark comedy, but it did give me a few good laughs.

• Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Tomb Raider (2018) Second Trailer

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • odinodin arch enthusiast Joined: Posts: 16,157 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Say....my....name! Joined: Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 665
    So I just saw Proud Mary and I see why the reception has been negative
    Taraji P. tries her damndest but there is nothing in this script. I want to call it a good attempt at the corniness of blaxploitation films but its just dry. Best compliment I can give it is that it is bland. Very very bland. Bland heroine, bland “villains,” bland plot.
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 665
    edited January 21
    Den of Thieves when people are shooting and having action scenes is good maybe even great. When it tries to be a character movie it falls apart. Not because its done poorly, it just has little focus. Like the movie wanted to have character but didn’t know how to do it. Would have been better to just focus on 1 character from each side than like 4
    But the 50 cent prom scene is gold. Think the Bad Boys 2 daughter date scene gold
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,537 admin
    The Damned wrote: »
    Besides those two things in theaters, I also finally watched The Avengers (on TV)--thanks Syfy--and In Bruges (on DVD), the latter of which I decided to finally view after seeing and enjoying Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri in theaters shortly before my hiatus.
    If somebody could explain to me why Sam Rockwell's character was obsessed with Mark Waid's Incorruptible series in that movie, I'll give them a jelly bean. That one thing was really jarring to me. He had a t-shirt for that - how the fuck? I love Mark Waid.

Incorruptible is an ex-supervillain (Max Damage) who reforms after a Superman character goes insane/rogue, and Max then tries to fight crime/save the world in his own dumbass way. His powers come from not sleeping, so the longer he stays up the more powerful he gets ... but also the more insane. Wasn't sure if that tied into the ending or not.

i film things

• YunaYuna SRK'S Social Justice Warlock Joined: Posts: 7,672
    Finally saw The Last Jedi. My only real takeaway is that Kylo Ren can get this pussy and get it good.
    "You can go ahead and cry about SJWs at this point if you like (I know some of you will), but it's not that I'm against boobs and asses and vaginas and cocks and all that. Love 'em! Genitals? Brilliant. Love lookin' at human genitalia. I love to watch genitals just poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it..."
    --Jim Sterling

"kurt slipped up and said the word wrestler. oops"
    --Stuart "Stu-Booty" Hayden

I support this fully...............

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • learis1learis1 Guardian Cadet Joined: Posts: 847
    Finished watching Cool World again. When are they gonna make Cool World 2?
    Get Serious!

SF5: Fighter Tag: Learis1
    main char: Ryu
    avg lp: 3500

SF4: main char: Fei Long

I don't know why Dundee needs a sequel now...........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    Literally every movie after the first one was anal sauce. You could very easily have rebooted this with someone other than Paul Hogan as the actual Dundee, but this just reeks of Son of the Mask.
    "You can go ahead and cry about SJWs at this point if you like (I know some of you will), but it's not that I'm against boobs and asses and vaginas and cocks and all that. Love 'em! Genitals? Brilliant. Love lookin' at human genitalia. I love to watch genitals just poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it..."
    --Jim Sterling

• Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 10,090
    edited January 31

I don't know why Dundee needs a sequel now...........

This was apparently confirmed to be fake

What is going on lol

Just googled it. It's definitely not a real movie and is going to be a superbowl commercial to promote travel to Australia
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
    I've only ever seen one of that particular studio's films (the first Despicable Me) and I didn't much care for it. However, while I've heard mixed things about later films from the studio, I'm honestly unsure if this is the route I'd go for Super Mario. Then again, I think they could have taken another bite at the live-action apple.
    --Jim Sterling

It's going to be the best movie based off a video game ever
    I'll take that bet. It has Mortal Kombat and Advent Children Complete to contend with at the very least.
    --Jim Sterling

edited February 2
    Sorry for the double post, but I'm the #1 Mission: Impossible girl on SRK so I have to say something.
    3347144-download.jpeg

Honestly, I was always against giving these movies weird subtitles to begin with, especially since they stopped conveniently numbering them just when the movies were getting fantastic, but as far as subtitles go, Fallout could be worse. I'm not looking forward to the snarky "gamer humor" that comes from it, though.

But seriously, though, they ought to have just given all of them numbers. Mission: Impossible VI sounds way better.
    --Jim Sterling

• StockyJamStockyJam Wholier than Thou Joined: Posts: 6,222

&

Looks pretty bog standard. Actually calling attention to the series's most consistent plot point is an interesting twist, though, and I'm naturally happier than a pig in shit to see Rebecca Ferguson.
    --Jim Sterling

Im so down for another MI. I really love MI4 and 5 was super solid as well
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,935
    edited February 5
    saw American Made movie. its just like Blow.
    blow was a better movie. but American Made was funny and much more fun. see it if you havent.
    edited February 6
    Saw 'Captain America: Civil War' and 'Spider-Man Homecoming' recently and can't believe how much I dislike the new MCU Peter Parker. The casting for Aunt May is hilarious on the other hand.

I also found a neat article about Soviet Union poster art for Star Wars.
    http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20180129-the-star-wars-posters-of-soviet-europe

My favorites of the bunch:
    p05whm61.jpg
    p05whm5c.jpg
    p05whm1j.jpg
  • AzureAzure Inciteful. Joined: Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Yuna wrote: »
    Sorry for the double post, but I'm the #1 Mission: Impossible girl on SRK so I have to say something.
    3347144-download.jpeg

Honestly, I was always against giving these movies weird subtitles to begin with, especially since they stopped conveniently numbering them just when the movies were getting fantastic, but as far as subtitles go, Fallout could be worse. I'm not looking forward to the snarky "gamer humor" that comes from it, though.

But seriously, though, they ought to have just given all of them numbers. Mission: Impossible VI sounds way better.

My favorite is still Ghost Protocol.

I do not see this changing any iteration soon.

Ghost Protocol is the quintessential lazy Saturday at home with the girlfriend, order up a ridiculously expensive and equally ridiculously good delivery pizza, pop it in the Blue Ray player, eat in bed and chill, movie.

"Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
    I'm very torn between Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation. I really do think Rebecca Ferguson as Ilsa Faust is probably the best new character introduced to the series since the first movie (I know people love Benji Dunn and so do I, but I don't think he's as compelling as Faust). Ghost Protocol had better stunts, snappier dialogue, and the evolution of the formula that defined the series in the wake of the third film. Rogue Nation had a more robust cast, I feel, not just from Ferguson but also from Alec Baldwin and Sean Harris, both of whom are coming back for Fallout.

I love the image you put up, though, of a lazy Saturday with great pizza. That really is Ghost Protocol all over. :lol:
    --Jim Sterling

Personally, I feel that the first 'Mission Impossible' is the best. The introduction acts as a hook and the movie always keeps the audience on their toes with twists and turns without becoming nonsensical. The rest are all too over the top and at that point I would just rather watch something slightly whimsical like 'Red 2'.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,531
    Holy shit, I watched Get Out lat night on HBO. It's the horror/thriller movie by Jordan Peele that came out last year. It's really fucking good, and really fucked up. One of the best endings, too.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Goddamn you people are drunk off the Capcom-flavored Kool-aid (tastes like shit, I imagine)...
    RIP po 2018
    A warning for all you movie watchers out there:

2017's 'Downsizing' is a 2 hour long humanitarian existential drama.
    fb0842b2a640958292c517fbe998631e

Rampage 2nd trailer..........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    edited February 15

Incredibles 2 sneak peek.............

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    I hope this man's incredible life story gets a movie adaptation. It could be an amazing crime drama.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/stories-42878021
    anyoone seen black panther? how is it?
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,935
    edited February 19
    Did anybody watch the Baftas? It was a great show, Daniel Kaluuya won the Rising Star award, bro has a seriously bright future ahead of him. Frances McDormand is fucking hilarious, everyone turned up in black for the #metoo movement but she came is a distinctive red black and white garment, she said she had a problem with conformity but stood with them. Sir Ridley got a lifetime achievement, he told his life story made a couple of digs too :lol:

Is it me or is Gugu Mbatha-Raw insanely pretty :love:

Oh there was some weird aerial dance thing by Cirque du Soleil for Shape of the Water where they kinda scissored
    giphy.gif

Remember all the industry greats that passed away over the year was really handled nicely
    giphy.gif

• Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file