Official FA Sparky PWM RGB LED Controller Thread

Comments

• ernesternest Joined: Posts: 55
    If I'm using a 2x8 header, withthe common wires from the arc eyes plugged into the led slot on the sparky. And the button wires soldered directly to the button pcb.
    Any idea why my buttons don't seem to be "insulated" enought like I saw in a previous post? I'm getting dual button presses only when plugged into the sparky.
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 831
    Apparently you have to group all the files together in one folder and open the .ino file in Arduino.

Checkout via SVN it will preserve folder structure as is in the repo.
    That way all your files will be in sync.
    In any case, now that I figured that one out, I tried uploading the code and came up with the folllowing errors:
    Mac: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
    PC: Same as above, but instead of programmer, it was out of sync 0x30 and other numbers in between

Under the Tools menu
    Board > "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16 MHz) w/ ATmega328"
    Serial Port > pick your proper com port here

or, if you are modifying your boards.txt entry on your own
    ##############################################################

SparkyJr328.name=Sparky Jr (ATMEGA328p)

SparkyJr328.upload.protocol=arduino
    SparkyJr328.upload.maximum_size=30720
    SparkyJr328.upload.speed=57600

SparkyJr328.bootloader.low_fuses=0xFF
    SparkyJr328.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDA
    SparkyJr328.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
    SparkyJr328.bootloader.path=atmega
    SparkyJr328.bootloader.file=ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328.hex
    SparkyJr328.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    SparkyJr328.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

SparkyJr328.build.mcu=atmega328p
    SparkyJr328.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    SparkyJr328.build.core=arduino
    SparkyJr328.build.variant=standard

Secondly, if continue to receive stk500_recv(), make sure you have it plugged in the right way
    Sparky Jr - Sparky Jr is a programmable RGB LED mod companion light up activation controller for arcade pushbuttons on gaming fightsticks.
  • RoDcHaNRoDcHaN Hanging onto SF with a string... Joined: Posts: 651
    Checkout via SVN it will preserve folder structure as is in the repo.
    That way all your files will be in sync.

Under the Tools menu
    Board > "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16 MHz) w/ ATmega328"
    Serial Port > pick your proper com port here

or, if you are modifying your boards.txt entry on your own
    ##############################################################

SparkyJr328.name=Sparky Jr (ATMEGA328p)

SparkyJr328.upload.protocol=arduino
    SparkyJr328.upload.maximum_size=30720
    SparkyJr328.upload.speed=57600

SparkyJr328.bootloader.low_fuses=0xFF
    SparkyJr328.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDA
    SparkyJr328.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
    SparkyJr328.bootloader.path=atmega
    SparkyJr328.bootloader.file=ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328.hex
    SparkyJr328.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    SparkyJr328.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

SparkyJr328.build.mcu=atmega328p
    SparkyJr328.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    SparkyJr328.build.core=arduino
    SparkyJr328.build.variant=standard

Secondly, if continue to receive stk500_recv(), make sure you have it plugged in the right way

Thanks 32teeth!

I tried both sides of the coin. And it still doesnt work! Bleh...

Im almost convinced that I am cursed with this thing! lol. What does this mean:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30
    XBL: RoDcHaN
    3DS: 4768-7615-2614
    PSN: rodchan
    can you confirm you have changed both your tools->boards and tools->serial port ?
    Sparky Jr - Sparky Jr is a programmable RGB LED mod companion light up activation controller for arcade pushbuttons on gaming fightsticks.
    Yes.

Both the boards and ports were configured properly on both the Mac and PC side.

Is there anything I have to do for the programmer? AVPmkii? stuff like that?
    Yes.

Both the boards and ports were configured properly on both the Mac and PC side.

Is there anything I have to do for the programmer? AVPmkii? stuff like that?

The FTDI should suffice.
    The AVRISPMKII would be if you are planning to program via ISP
  • Clone1BClone1B Soldering Iron Vs Nose 3: Fate of two Nostrils Joined: Posts: 74
    Hey Sparky, sent you a PM some time ago about problems I was having with my Qanba and the sparky PWM since in the qanba's 360 mode the triggeres are reversed.

Any way you could help me modify the code so that if it boots with LT and/or RT held down (button 7 and 8) it'll reverse the LED patterns of those buttons?
    What is ISP 32teeth? I dont have any options for FTDI in the programmer options in my Arduino program.
    im getting this error

core.a(main.cpp.o): in function 'main':
    C:]users\desktop\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:1
    1:undefined reference to 'setup'
    c:\users\desktop\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:1
    4: undefined reference to 'loop'

sorry this stuff is a little confusing to me
    So I got the files to upload successfully (at least it said it was done" but the port is grayed out.
    Any idea how to fix this?
    Question, I have 64b win 7 but only sparky 3.0 for 32 will run? Is this a problem or would that work?
    What is ISP 32teeth? I dont have any options for FTDI in the programmer options in my Arduino program.

The FTDI breakout will not show up under programmers. It will show up under Tools>ports.
    On PC it will be COM# where the number is > 3, on Mac it will show up as TTY

Lastly, I have been recieving multiple emails that the configurator 3.0 does not behave as intended with the FA Sparky.
    The FA Sparky is loaded with 2.0!

If you wish to use the 3.0 Configurator, you MUST load Sparky 3.0 onto your FA sparky.
    All the files are available through the SVN path in our downloads section @ sparky.32teeth.org
    The FTDI breakout will not show up under programmers. It will show up under Tools>ports.
    On PC it will be COM# where the number is > 3, on Mac it will show up as TTY

Lastly, I have been recieving multiple emails that the configurator 3.0 does not behave as intended with the FA Sparky.
    The FA Sparky is loaded with 2.0!

If you wish to use the 3.0 Configurator, you MUST load Sparky 3.0 onto your FA sparky.
    All the files are available through the SVN path in our downloads section @ sparky.32teeth.org

I figured as much, so i used tortoisesvn to checkout the files, then used arduino 1.0 to upload the cleareeprom, then uploaded the 3.0 sparky.
    The configurator still does not work, I do not get the 3 lit up kicks.
    also the 2.0 configurator does not work with the 2.0 sparky.

I managed to find a version of sparky that worked (as in each button lights up on button press) but i am unable to change the colors, either through configurator or through the sparkyconfig.h
    At least you got yours to worrk Ernest :(
    i dunno i was getting frustrated so i started from scratch. Re chained the lights, made sure the scotchlocks on the power were crimped well (that turned out to be the prob causing multiple button presses) then made sure I had the ftdi plugged in right (which ended my "not in sync") i even left it plugged in to xbox so i could make sure the inputs wouldnt mess up again (which they will if you put ftdi on backwards.)
    uploaded the cleareeprom, then the dev version of sparky. other then that im stuck as 3.0 doesnt work, the paradise arcade 2.0 turns 7 lights white on press and one a different color. neither version of configurator works.
    regular 2.0 causes whichever button i press to go dark, and all the others light up the specified color (which i would put into the sparkyconfig.h but only basic colors worked)
    the configurator didnt work for me at any point :( ill mess with it again later when im not so sick of it haha.
    Thanks for the info Ernest...I think I will try your steps out later.
    Maybe it's time I ordered some UILA as all my work has been on ArcEye
    Hey 32teeth has the fa sparky been tested with the 3.0 firmware?
    Hey 32teeth has the fa sparky been tested with the 3.0 firmware?

i show a how too here
    and an example here
    Ok I give up....can you 32teeth, or someone please update this FA sparky with 3.0? I am just very frustrated at the fact that Ive tried every different possible solution and i still get the same results.

Flipped the cable around, nope, reconnected everything, nope, tried different firmwares and no bueno....

ill pay 10 bucks for anyone that can upload the latest code and make it work right before I throw this thing!

thanks!
  • lemonlustlemonlust The Lili Representative Joined: Posts: 234
    Which button LED's do the Sparky PWM work best with?
    I make dubstep, Have a listen!
    New SONG "Kunoichi"
  • GLORYBE26ODGLORYBE26OD Joined: Posts: 445
    Ok I give up....can you 32teeth, or someone please update this FA sparky with 3.0? I am just very frustrated at the fact that Ive tried every different possible solution and i still get the same results.

Flipped the cable around, nope, reconnected everything, nope, tried different firmwares and no bueno....

ill pay 10 bucks for anyone that can upload the latest code and make it work right before I throw this thing!

thanks!
    If you throw it. Throw it my way. I'll try my kung fu.
  • chimp_chuckerchimp_chucker Play again? Joined: Posts: 27
    So, can the sparky do the same stuff the toodles can? Specifically the lights out type mode in this video or can it not? I do plan on getting the sparky either way, but the lights out mode would be a major plus for me.
    Competitive Catherine-- EVO 2012!!!
    So, can the sparky do the same stuff the toodles can? Specifically the lights out type mode in this video ... ... or can it not? I do plan on getting the sparky either way, but the lights out mode would be a major plus for me.

no the sparky jr does not have fancy effects like this (yet)
    it is meant as an RGB controller. The FGWidget is for single led. Toodles is coming out with his own RGB controller soon which should have the fancy stuff you are looking for.
  • chimp_chuckerchimp_chucker Play again? Joined: Posts: 27
    ^^^ Thank you a lot 32Teeth. If that feature gets implemented later will i be able to update my sparky jr with it? Or will i need to get the newer board to run them on?
    Competitive Catherine-- EVO 2012!!!
    ^^^ Thank you a lot 32Teeth. If that feature gets implemented later will i be able to update my sparky jr with it? Or will i need to get the newer board to run them on?

no need for updating hardware. software only
  • AnomalyArcadeSticksAnomalyArcadeSticks Joined: Posts: 60
    Ok so I have a paewang board and I installed the Sparky PWM SMD LED by following the install video. I'm only using 6 buttons, only the kicks will light up. When I plug the stick in they go red, then green, and stay green. The lights are always on, even when I disconnect the button. I've checked the wire connections, I actually re did them just to have the same thing happen. At this point I am lost and in need of help badly.
    I also double checked to make sure I had the signal wires connected, since I know that can cause an always on if they are reversed.
    I just tried connecting one of the punch power (black) wire, to one of the kick buttons power wire and the lights turned on. Could I just have a bad board where none of the punch power wires are working?

I'm sorry I keep adding to this but I figure every detail can help. I just unplugged the button wire harness on the sparky board then re connected it, now only the first punch button is lit up - blue. So now I'm wondering if it is just a bad wire harness.

Ok, so I got it to work, I guess this is a good tip for anyone installing the lights. While trying to figure out the problem I kept the stick plugged in so I could see what worked and what didnt. So when I double checked the relays I never turned the lights off. As soon as I turned to power off then back on it all started working.

Just like the show the "IT" crowd, "Have you tried turning it off then back on again?"
    I make customs in Phoenix AZ, but ship where ever, if you need anything done check out my facebook or storenvy.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003124113664
    http://anomalyarcadesticks.storenvy.com/
  • AnomalyArcadeSticksAnomalyArcadeSticks Joined: Posts: 60
    Hey guys, I noticed that the tabs inside the button heads were getting stuck behind the LED boards, I trimmed the tabs on the button heads and this fixed the issue. Now you really can't feel any difference.
    I make customs in Phoenix AZ, but ship where ever, if you need anything done check out my facebook or storenvy.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003124113664
    http://anomalyarcadesticks.storenvy.com/
  • GLORYBE26ODGLORYBE26OD Joined: Posts: 445
    Same here. I also dremilled as much as I could from the LED board to allow them to fit in snap in seimitsu's.
    Question, working on another stick. Have everything wired up well, but when sparky/stick are on it is registering back and jump and wot register any kicks. But if I hook it up to ftdi I can use the configurator and everything will register the different colors I choose.
    I had cleared and re loaded sparky 3.0.

At one point I tested with only punchs connected and it all worked fine. When I disconnected and finished wiring it went back to the failed inputs and forward jump.
    Is this a power issue? Or programming? Any help is appreciated
  • stevedavestevedave That's Filthy Long Joined: Posts: 98
    Having an issue after loading 3.0. Now the start up colors for kick buttons is blue, teal, green. Then all buttons are white. cant seem to change them... So i cleared the eeprom and loaded 2 again... now starts up red, yellow, green but again.. just white buttons. what is causing this?
  • Jedi W.Jedi W. Elitist Fucktard Joined: Posts: 144
    Yeah, I appear to be stuck on the same problem that RoDcHaN was. My buttons go from red, to yellow, but stay yellow. From reading the thread, this seems to mean that the sparky is in "off" mode. I tried "Press all 3 K" to try to get it out of that, but to no avail. I have everything seemingly wired correctly, but when I go to try to upload v3.0 through Arduino, I get the avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00.

I even went so far as to try to program the sparky with nothing hooked up to it except for the FTDI, but I still get the sync error.
    I'm running Win7x64 and using the Sparkfun Basic FTDI breakout. Everything is wired up to a Paewang.

Please help! Thanks.

--jedi\/\/.
    "I don't ever want to hear about "man crushes" unless it's followed by something like "bear's neck with his bare hands," or "woman's dreams of survival.""--Adam Warlock
    Yeah, I appear to be stuck on the same problem that RoDcHaN was. My buttons go from red, to yellow, but stay yellow. From reading the thread, this seems to mean that the sparky is in "off" mode. I tried "Press all 3 K" to try to get it out of that, but to no avail. I have everything seemingly wired correctly, but when I go to try to upload v3.0 through Arduino, I get the avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00.

I even went so far as to try to program the sparky with nothing hooked up to it except for the FTDI, but I still get the sync error.
    I'm running Win7x64 and using the Sparkfun Basic FTDI breakout. Everything is wired up to a Paewang.

Please help! Thanks.

--jedi\/\/.

Uploading
    In the arduino IDE, under tools->board, make sure you choose "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16 MHz) w/ ATmega328"

Warning
    After a few conversations with stevedave
    In the Sparky SVN, the Paradise Arcade (FocusAttack) Sparky has it's own branch.
    The RGB pin mapping is as follows
    int rgb_pins[3] = {11,10,9};

In the Sparky SVN, if you are grabbing the latest 3.0 from here
    https://sparky.svn.beanstalkapp.com/sparky/trunk/Arduino%20Files/Sparky%203.0/Sparky/

you will note that the RGB pin mapping has changed
    line 81: int rgb_pins[3] = {9,10,11};

download the branch, change the pins, reupload
    Uploading
    In the arduino IDE, under tools->board, make sure you choose "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16 MHz) w/ ATmega328"

*edit*

I indeed have the board set to what you've specified, but it still refuses to upload the new code due to the same "not in sync" error.

Anything else I can try?

--jedi\/\/.
    "I don't ever want to hear about "man crushes" unless it's followed by something like "bear's neck with his bare hands," or "woman's dreams of survival.""--Adam Warlock
    *edit*

I indeed have the board set to what you've specified, but it still refuses to upload the new code due to the same "not in sync" error.

Anything else I can try?

--jedi\/\/.

Does the FTDI show up as a COM port under the tool->(serial) ports menu?
    Have you installed the drivers? You can find the in the drivers folder of the Arduino program
    Is it plugged in the right way around?

Those should be your first check. Not in sync is a first notice for hardware issue
    The FTDI drivers are installed, they're FTDI version 2.8.14.0.
    The device is registering itself as a virtual com port on COM4 and COM4 is selected under Arduino.
    As far as I can tell, it is indeed plugged the right way in.

I still get a time out when I do this.

//OUTPUT
    Binary sketch size: 13604 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)
    C:\arduino-1.0\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\arduino-1.0\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -carduino -P\\.\COM4 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\JOHNSR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build8880106420835297331.tmp\Sparky.cpp.hex:i
    avrdude: Version 5.11, compiled on Sep 2 2011 at 19:38:36
    Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
    Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch
    System wide configuration file is "C:\arduino-1.0\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"
    Using Port : \\.\COM4
    Using Programmer : arduino
    Overriding Baud Rate : 57600
    avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20]
    avrdude: Recv:
    avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
    avrdude done. Thank you.
    //END OUTPUT

Should I have the USB from the Paewang PCB plugged in as well?
    I'm not sure what else could be going wrong, unless the Sparky Jr itself is somehow faulty. I even have 2 different FTDI cables, the breakout from Sparkfun as well as a 5v FTDI cable. Both give me the same issue.

Thanks for the help 32teeth. I know debugging this sort of stuff remotely is a pain.

--jedi\/\/.
    My remaining question is with the default 3.0 software on the download page at sparky.32teeth.org is.... what is the color scheme that is defined for Punches 1 through 4 and Kicks 1 through 4?
    Does this file not define colors? https://sparky.svn.beanstalkapp.com/sparky/trunk/Arduino%20Files/Sparky%203.0/Sparky/SparkyConfig.h

*/
    char* pattern[18] = {
    "0000FF", // P1
    "00FF00", // P2
    "FF0000", // P3
    "FFFFFF", // P4
    "FFFF00", // K1
    "FF00FF", // K2
    "00FFFF", // K3
    "FFFFFF", // K4
    "FF0033", // 2x P
    "FFCC00", // 3x P
    "FFFFFF", // 4x P
    "FF0033", // 2x K
    "FFCC00", // 3x K
    "FFFFFF", // 4x K
    "FF0000",// P1 + K1 (throw SFIV & SSFIV)
    "0000FF",// P2 + K2 (focus SFIV & SSFIV)
    "00FF00",// P3 + K3 (taunt SFIV & SSFIV)
    "00FFFF" // P4 + K4
    };

If so, after the update to 3.0 (or even trying to load previous PA 2.0) on a Focus Attack Version of Sparky all lights display white until going into the Config GUI.
  • BeckxBeckx Joined: Posts: 4
    Hi all. First, thanks 32teeth for making this available and Nerrage for your excellent videos. I did my install tonight, and it went pretty well (except no one mentioned the goo inside the scotch locks, eww).

I am having one problem, similar to what's been mentioned by others: when I plug the stick into my xbox and turn it on, all 3 kicks light up pinkish red, then turn yellow and stay yellow. No matter what button I press, those buttons stay yellow and no other button lights up.

All button inputs register normally and I've gone through and checked all connections & tightened all scotch locks.

From reading above, it sounds like maybe this means my Sparky is in off mode? Is there any manual way to turn it on (I don't have an FTDI). Someone mentioned holding all 3 punches or kicks, I tried both but it didn't help.

Any assistance appreciated!

I am modding a MadCatz TE MLG edition (I liked the red/blue sides as they go great with the Yamato art theme). I installed everything according to Nerrage's tutorial, including assuming that the barrier strip is set up the same as in the other TEs. But it's not. I should have suspected something was amiss, because the PCB is in a different location in this TE than in the one in his video. (Also, I should've suspected this because my buttons stayed on, which sounds like mixing up ground & signal, whereas in the description of "off" mode, it sounds like the buttons go off.)

So - I switched the ground and signal wires at the barrier strip and everything works fine now.

I still have two minor problems to address - I think I must've damaged the blue LED on the Uila in the LT button, because no matter how I rewire it, that blue never comes on. I know I hit an LED on that button with a metal file as I was filing down tabs. Since that's a rarely used button I'm not too worried for now, but will eventually replace the Uila next time I need to order from Focus Attack. The other issue is that one of the screws on the top no longer threads through its hole, but just spins in place. The top stays down just fine, so it's a minor annoyance.
    I finally did manage to flash the EEPROM with v3.0. I had to give Arduino.exe permission as an accepted program with the Windows 7 Firewall. So folks having the same time out issue, please take note!

Yay, progress!

*edit*
    ...also, once I figured all that out, looks like I made a critical error wiring the stick. Turns out the row of QDs closer to your stomach on the TE barrier strip is the signal and the one further away is the ground. Once I switched them around everything started to work. Oops. Either way, gotta go in and clean up the bird's nest of wires since some lights don't even light.
    *edit*

...the hoops I go through to make a stick pretty :D....

--jedi\/\/.
    Jedi... After loading 3.0 ... What colors are your buttons when pressed?... Is your sparky from Focus attack.com?
    @stevedave. The lights came on yellow the first time I got it working, or rather, they activated yellow, but that's because I'm pretty sure my blue's aren't wired up correctly. If you look in the Sparky config.h, I think, you can see what they're supposed to be. The Sparky I got was from Focus Attack, BTW.

--jedi\/\/.
    Mine starts up red yellow green every time... But when i start playing the buttons just flash white only no matter which button I press or combination of buttons. When I first got the sparky and installed... The buttons were blue and other colors like the videos show,.
    That sounds right, actually. If you flashed with v3.0 I'm pretty sure it defaults all activation to white. You'll need to go to the configurator to change the colors.

--jedi\/\/.
    Ok.. That makes me feel better..... Thanks
  • BrosnanBrosnan Joined: Posts: 60
    I had a question about the capability of the Sparky PWM. I've already purchased one to put into my next stick project, but I'm wondering if it's possible for me to program multiple LED color scheme presets into the board? It would be awesome to be able to switch to a Neo-Geo color scheme when I play KOF, then a different scheme for Tekken, etc., without having to plug it in to my PC and manually change all the buttons every time. I know you can do some custom programming, but does the PCB have any memory on board that would allow for this sort of thing?
    I had a question about the capability of the Sparky PWM. I've already purchased one to put into my next stick project, but I'm wondering if it's possible for me to program multiple LED color scheme presets into the board? It would be awesome to be able to switch to a Neo-Geo color scheme when I play KOF, then a different scheme for Tekken, etc., without having to plug it in to my PC and manually change all the buttons every time. I know you can do some custom programming, but does the PCB have any memory on board that would allow for this sort of thing?

The EEPROM memory on board stores your last saved setup.

The other part you mention is future build
    Well, you could technically get it to use multiple color schemes, but you'd have to hard code it, circumventing the configurator and the EEPROM memory.

--jedi\/\/.
    Well, you could technically get it to use multiple color schemes, but you'd have to hard code it, circumventing the configurator and the EEPROM memory.

--jedi\/\/.

Doing this would be rather straightforward.
    The option state already exists for multiple button press read on startup

this file is your answer
    https://sparky.svn.beanstalkapp.com/sparky/trunk/Arduino Files/Sparky 3.0/Sparky/SparkyClass.cpp

find this method
    void SparkyClass::state(int mode)

look at this mapping
            /    \ /    \ /    \ /    \
            |  1  | |  2  | |  4  | |  8  |
            \ LP  / \ MP  / \ HP  / \ 4P  /

/    \ /    \ /    \ /    \
            |  16 | |  32 | |  64 | | 128 |
            \  LK / \  MK / \  HK / \ 4K  /

figure out the sum of the button values you intend to press
    ex LP(1) + MK(32) + HP(4) = 37

in the switch case below the mapping, add a case for 37
    case 37:
      /*
        my custom color map
      */
      run = true;
    char* pattern[18] = {
      "0000FF", // P1
      "00FF00", // P2
      "FF0000", // P3
      "FFFFFF", // P4
      "FFFF00", // K1
      "FF00FF", // K2
      "00FFFF", // K3
      "FFFFFF", // K4
      "FF0033", // 2x P
      "FFCC00", // 3x P
      "FFFFFF", // 4x P
      "FF0033", // 2x K
      "FFCC00", // 3x K
      "FFFFFF", // 4x K
      "FF0000",// P1 + K1 (throw SFIV & SSFIV)
      "0000FF",// P2 + K2 (focus SFIV & SSFIV)
      "00FF00",// P3 + K3 (taunt SFIV & SSFIV)
      "00FFFF" // P4 + K4
    };
    break;

find this method in the same file
    void SparkyClass::program(char* pattern[])

in this portion
    if(stored != -1)
        {
          char buffer[12];
          ltoa(stored, buffer, 16);
          color = buffer;
          user_pattern[n] = strtol(color, NULL, 16);      

MESSAGE += " overwrite:";
          MESSAGE += user_pattern[n];      
        }

comment out the user_pattern line
    if(stored != -1)
        {
          char buffer[12];
          ltoa(stored, buffer, 16);
          color = buffer;
          //user_pattern[n] = strtol(color, NULL, 16);      

MESSAGE += " overwrite:";
          MESSAGE += user_pattern[n];      
        }

compile, upload, bingo
  • xx6lostsoul6xxxx6lostsoul6xx Joined: Posts: 8
    I recently bought a Sparky PWM SMD to mod my TE Round 1. My stick already has a ChImp installed and works fine. I figured that since I already have a ChImp installed that I could just install the Red and Black wires from the LED harness to the VCC and GND points on the ChImp. After using Nerrage's video as a guide, the problem I ran into is that my LEDs do not seem to light up. I've tested the buttons on my PC and they are all in fine, working order. The stick is still fully functional on my 360, it's just that I have no LEDs.

P.S. I'm a total noob at this but just to make sure, I don't have to program the LEDs for them to work initially right? They should just light up a default color if I've done everything correctly, correct?