[KOFXIII] Terry Bogard

2»

Comments

• LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,556
    It was in the official Console Change List that Buster Wolf's speed was increased to that of EX Buster Wolf. The difference between the moves is invulnerability and damage.
  • Reiki.KitoReiki.Kito Joined: Posts: 411
    It's still good to know that EX Burn Knuckle is slower than Buster Wolf. Does more damage anyway.
  • blackgenmablackgenma Joined: Posts: 181
    the reason I mentioned the buster wolves differences between the ex and regular was to check if there was any start-up differences between the two. like,what if ex buster wolf started up in 3 frames and the other in 5 frames, even though the dashing speeds were identical. I didn't bother with doing super extensive testing on it because I'm lazy.

and yeah, no where have I seen it mentioned that terry's C fireball eats projectiles. literally no where. the fact that it eats ex projectiles like Elizabeth's is so hype to me.
    That's real odd. That's been in since the arcade version. No biggie though. If we can find a use for it though, I'll be happy. I want to use it more.
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,556
    Yeah, I forgot to put it in there when I first made Terry's page. Sorry. I only played Arcade version for like a total of 4 days of the entirety of its lifespan and I couldn't get as much testing down as I wanted. When I do an editorial rehaul of the wiki, I should be sprucing up and cutting down on errors. I apologize for any current, inaccurate information that's on there.
    No problem, Laban. Terry seems really simple, but you learn new stuff every day about him.

I didn't know his EX Buster Wolf had forward body invincibility until I stopped a Lvl 4 dropkick with it and traded the last hit with him.
  • LonestebanLonesteban Joined: Posts: 4
    Hey everyone,

I'm a long-time casual fighting game player (i.e. scrub) who has really gotten into SSFIV and my buddy hooked me up with KOF XIII. I am totally set on learning Terry and have been practicing with plans to complete his trials and I seem to have no problem cancelling circle into charge moves. However, CANNOT do Trial 3 to advance any further. I am totally stuck on cancelling his Rising Upper into a Power Geyser. Everytime I do it, it seems I get a Power Wave or nothing at all. Is the linking frame really short or something? I've watched Vesper Arcade do it on Youtube about 100 times and my timing seems to mirror his, but I just can't get it! Help!
    Hey everyone,

I'm a long-time casual fighting game player (i.e. scrub) who has really gotten into SSFIV and my buddy hooked me up with KOF XIII. I am totally set on learning Terry and have been practicing with plans to complete his trials and I seem to have no problem cancelling circle into charge moves. However, CANNOT do Trial 3 to advance any further. I am totally stuck on cancelling his Rising Upper into a Power Geyser. Everytime I do it, it seems I get a Power Wave or nothing at all. Is the linking frame really short or something? I've watched Vesper Arcade do it on Youtube about 100 times and my timing seems to mirror his, but I just can't get it! Help!

This was a quote from an earlier post I made, hope it helps!
    So today I was trying the infamous Trial #5. That crap's not easy, but I learned a new skill. You can tiger knee with Terry by doing. dn.gif db.gif bk.gif ub.gif up.gif ~delay~ a.gif and he'll do rising tackle. This is how I learned how to beat Terry's Rising tackle [SC] Power Geyser combo. I believe you could do the same thing with Buster wolf just the other way.

So, new tech! You can tiger knee charge moves!

After you "tiger knee" the motion, you quickly do hcf and there you go.
  • AlenthAlenth Joined: Posts: 560
    Good tip Reiki i also was looking for that shortcut.
    VF5: Sarah, P4U: Elizabeth, Aigis, KOF XIII: Elizabeth, Clark, Kyo.
    Thanks for the tip guys, but it's actually something more elementary I'm having trouble with.
    The combo is JumpFoward HK, Neutral HK, DownForward HP, Power Geyser (which I am doing as QCB, HCF B) Did no one else have trouble with this? It seems like the DF HP just doesn't flow naturally into the Power Geyser input.
  • BurningVigorBurningVigor *sigh* Joined: Posts: 247
    Just do it fast? I don't think there is any short cut for that. DFHP QCB, HCF HP

I always felt there was enough time to buffer it, at least more so than previous kofs.
    KOFXIII - ExKyo / K` / Andy
    AH3 - Nazuna(Time) / Akane(anything)
    GGAC - Bridget / Johnny / Sol / Chipp / Order-Sol
    SSF4 - Guy / Sakura
    Thanks for the tip guys, but it's actually something more elementary I'm having trouble with.
    The combo is JumpFoward HK, Neutral HK, DownForward HP, Power Geyser (which I am doing as QCB, HCF B) Did no one else have trouble with this? It seems like the DF HP just doesn't flow naturally into the Power Geyser input.

I had the same exact problem. the window is very short, and I've done it properly without crazy mashing a grand total of once. what you want to do is abuse the ability to input more moves than the actual trial combo requires. for example, what I did was...

j.D, st,D, df+C, qcb+A [DC] qcb, hcf+A/C.

as you can see, I shoved a burn knuckle in there, which gave me more time to buffer into the power geyser. I have crap execution and I'm playing on pad, so I had to use this method. I think you my get even more lenient timing is you use EX burn knuckle after df+C instead.
    This game is HARD. I can't even imagine the older games.
  • phoenixnlphoenixnl Joined: Posts: 641
    I had the same exact problem. the window is very short, and I've done it properly without crazy mashing a grand total of once. what you want to do is abuse the ability to input more moves than the actual trial combo requires. for example, what I did was...

j.D, st,D, df+C, qcb+A [DC] qcb, hcf+A/C.

as you can see, I shoved a burn knuckle in there, which gave me more time to buffer into the power geyser. I have crap execution and I'm playing on pad, so I had to use this method. I think you my get even more lenient timing is you use EX burn knuckle after df+C instead.

Not really worth spending the 50% drive on that though, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Anyway, Power Geyser input is qcb,db,f+P not qcb,hcf+P, knowing that might help.
  • TerrastormTerrastorm Joined: Posts: 263
    This game is HARD. I can't even imagine the older games.
    Make sure you are hitting the last direction in every move before pressing the button.
    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/The_King_of_Fighters_XIII/Game_Elements/Command_Interpreter
    Not really worth spending the 50% drive on that though, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Anyway, Power Geyser input is qcb,db,f+P not qcb,hcf+P, knowing that might help.

if your trying to do the combo in actual matches, then yes, it is not worth doing it that way. the way I described is just a scrubby method to beat trail mode.
  • MGSMGS RTJRecon Joined: Posts: 994
    what HD combos are you guys using in the corner? most of the terry stuff i've seen has him starting with his back close to the corner. in my matches the opponent is usually cornered.
    Foxhound's own
    <<Grey Fox>>
    "You've been failing for years and call yourselves vets thats bold, motherfucker you're not a vet you're just old"
    Yea, that's no fun really. I've been trying to work on an HD combo that's the most damaging for the least amount of damage. Here's one that I have tried:

j.D, st.D, f+A [HDA], st.D, f+A, qcb+A, [HDC] qcb+D, d~u+C, [HDC] qcb+AC, qcb+A, ~delay till the opponent is really close to the ground~ d~u+C, [HDC] qcb+C, ~delay~ [HDC] qcb+D => Finisher

If you finish with d~u+C, it's about 707
    If you finish with d~u+AC, it's about 737.
    If you finish with a [HDC] qcb+AC, it does about 747

Other finishers aren't as useful. You can actually play around with this combo and throw in more meter where you like. You can put an EX burn knuckle in the front, but you won't be able to do the rest of the combo because qcb+D will whiff and it puts your opponent at the PERFECT height to cancel into qcb+AC and hit them for a pop-up. You can put in a tiger kneed Rising Tackle and finish with regular Power Geyser for a little extra damage. It's probably the most damaging 1 stock move you have. You can force a hard knockdown too with an EX Crackshoot as well.

Lot you can do, but Terry's not Mr. "I'll beat the crap out of you" when he's in the corner because his EX Power Geyser, Neomax, and EX Buster Wolf just don't hit all hits in the corner so your big damage isn't useful in the corner.
  • hundjsiegfriedhundjsiegfried Joined: Posts: 19
    An Ex Terry would be great. What do you think? I miss Terry's power dunk and fire kick. :)
  • ZeromurasameZeromurasame Too much wrist action Joined: Posts: 364
    So I did some tinkering around with Mr Bogard and found a basic safejump setup that he has on both of his hard knockdowns. If you throw them mid-screen and super jump immediately afterwards, or if you combo into Ex crack shoot in the corner and hyper hop immediately after. It's not the fanciest set-up in the world but I've tested this on every character that has an anti-air reversal that is easy to abuse on wake-up and it works every single time. The only things that it will lose to are wake up command throws, but I'm sure those can be jumped if you see them coming.
    No
    Will give that a shot, thanks!
  • Hyun SaiHyun Sai Joined: Posts: 530
    Another simple safe jump : EX Crackshot, back dash, jump forward.

EDIT, made a mistake with the hop ^^
    So I've started to use cl.D now, since Iv'e realized that the damage output in combos increases when you use it instead of of cl.C, and I've realized that the hit box can catch hops, like kyo's or iori's cl.C (only not as good, I'd imagine). so having discovered this, is there any practical reason to use cl.C over cl.D, besides being an easier hit confirm?
    cl.C is a faster move. It's 4 frames whereas cl.D is like 5-6 frames. Being a slower move makes it harder to use as a frame trap.
  • Terry BogardeTerry Bogarde Joined: Posts: 259
    here's a video showing off the changes for terry for the console version. it was taken from the Elive discussion with the dream cancel guys. no commentary.

was this guy just showing whats possible with terry or is this combo possible? will a full 5 bars and drive gauge allow this combo?
    was this guy just showing whats possible with terry or is this combo possible? will a full 5 bars and drive gauge allow this combo?

are you talking about the last combo he did on the video? yeah, its possible, he uses 5 bars in the combo, so it can be done in a real match.
    are you talking about the last combo he did on the video? yeah, its possible, he uses 5 bars in the combo, so it can be done in a real match.
    hey isnt that fireball, fireball neomax a 3 bar super? i saw 2 EX crack shots, 1 neomax, and 1 normal buster wolf. isnt that 6 bars needed?
  • ZeromurasameZeromurasame Too much wrist action Joined: Posts: 364
    Holy damn. That run under EX Burn knuckle combo is actually legit...
    No
    hey isnt that fireball, fireball neomax a 3 bar super? i saw 2 EX crack shots, 1 neomax, and 1 normal buster wolf. isnt that 6 bars needed?

he did 2 ex burn knuckles (2 stock), a neomax (2 stock) and a buster wolf (1 stock). when you activate HD mode, a neomax only cost two stock. otherwise it cost a full HD meter and 3 stock, as you said.
    he did 2 ex burn knuckles (2 stock), a neomax (2 stock) and a buster wolf (1 stock). when you activate HD mode, a neomax only cost two stock. otherwise it cost a full HD meter and 3 stock, as you said.

ah i had no idea a neomax needed only 2 bars with HD activated. thanks:)
  • AirLancerAirLancer Just a touch of Honey Joined: Posts: 801
    I don't know if anyone's noticed this yet, but Trinity Geyser can hit 4 times midscreen under certain circumstances, which makes it do 75 x 4 for 300 damage.

I don't know if it's possible to set up in other ways, and it's really dependent on the enemy's location in the air, but it happens most often when I do the following combo, which requires HD + 4 meters. I'm not sure if it's character specific, since I've only tested it on Mr. Karate*. At the moment of the NeoMAX freeze, the opponent should be above Terry's head after being blown away by the Buster Wolf. The positioning is very finicky, they can't be too low or too high, but at the moment I'm able to get it to happen around 60% of the time.

s.C f+A or c.B c.A c.C HD s.D f.A qcb+AC (DC) d~u+C (DC) qcb+C (DC) d~u+C (DC) qcb+C (DC) qcb+B qcfx2+K xx qcfx2+AC
    Damage:
    Start with c.B c.A c.C : 920 Damage
    Start with s.C f+A: 965 Damage

*No failures yet, characters worked on so far:
    Mr. Karate, King, Raiden, Kyo, Chin.

I think it's safe to say that it works on everybody for the moment.

Ah, nevermind, 'twas already posted on DreamCancel in March.
    KOF XIV: Iori/Sylvie/Geese
    PSN: AirLancer
    Hit me up (when the patch drops).
    That's not bad. The notation wasn't visible last time I remember, but yea, that's pretty interesting since it seems you have enough time to link a special. Might want to fix the notation on Buster Wolf from punches to kicks though, but thank you for the contribution.
  • Turbo KenTurbo Ken Joined: Posts: 31
    I didn't realize Terry's EX Buster wolf went through fireballs. I should have read the guide earlier.
    1) C power wave has projectile absorption. it even absorbs EX projectiles. so if you get it out and your in range, this thing will eat you opponents ex projectile and hit them. in short, if you were wondering what use this gimp little projectile has over A version; it absorbs projectiles

It has always said that in the movelist properties though. But it doesn't hurt to add that to the individual move description. But it's hardly new.
    It has always said that in the movelist properties though. But it doesn't hurt to add that to the individual move description. But it's hardly new.

I'm a little confused here. you do realize the post your quoting is from Dec 23, 2011? and at the time of writing, I did not see this mentioned anywhere, including the SRK wiki, or the DC wiki/forums. In fact, I added it the SRK wiki myself shortly after making the post. so of coarse its old news now.
    I'm a little confused here. you do realize the post your quoting is from Dec 23, 2011? and at the time of writing, I did not see this mentioned anywhere, including the SRK wiki, or the DC wiki/forums. In fact, I added it the SRK wiki myself shortly after making the post. so of coarse its old news now.
    Hah err, I'm not sure what happened :P Somehow I was looking in the wrong place for the newest post or whatever. Oh well.
  • DefilusDefilus Aspirant Joined: Posts: 70
    So I just picked up this game today with a few dozen hours spent into previous kof games. I am wondering, based on my short knowledge thus far of the kof13 system, why terry is regarded as a low tier and/or bad character? He really seems like he has some good mixup opportunities and pretty safe advancing, even though his normals are a bit shaky. Is there something about his playstyle that im missing or is he in a position like ryu (sf4) where he is just an everyman that no one has really "unlocked" yet?
    Defilus / The Zerginator (XBL) / C-Dubbs

UMvC3: Frank/Dante/Doom; SSF4AE: Oni/Juri; BBCS: Hakumen/Rachel
    His combos are easy, but his damage potential is either really limited or kind of overshadowed by how unsafe his options are. You have to guess or use your normals almost religiously with Terry at higher level play. Terry can be pretty linear and he has no decent mixups except for with meter. These types of things let other characters out perform him in versatility, but using his normals to pressure work better than depending on gimmicky stuff.
  • DefilusDefilus Aspirant Joined: Posts: 70
    Does he sit well as a mid on a team then? Since he can utilize meter really well it makes sense to put him as a middle character so he can use up all the meter the point character has built up. Doesnt so seem like he would be a good anchor because of the aforementioned lack of versatility.
    Defilus / The Zerginator (XBL) / C-Dubbs

UMvC3: Frank/Dante/Doom; SSF4AE: Oni/Juri; BBCS: Hakumen/Rachel
    When you learn how to use his normals and pressure people with blockstrings, you won't really have a problem with meter. I play Terry first and that's usually death, but after some serious practice, he's one of my best characters. Utilizing his normals, which are great, is key, as well as moderate aggression
  • ramzar266ramzar266 Resident Scrublord Joined: Posts: 27
    Not meaning to Necro but I think this is the best place to post it. So i've got Terry's basic HD combo and Burn Knuckle Crackshoot into ender combos but now i'm working on his HD Burn Knuckle corner loop combo and i'm having an issue. So here's the notation for what i'm doing.

St.C, (HD Activate), Cl.D, F+A, QCB+A xx QCB+AC xxRising Tackle C xx QCB+C [ xx Rising Tackle C xx QCB+C xx Rising Tackle C xx loop ]

The problem i'm having is inside the brackets. I can do the first rep but the second time the rising tackle will come out insanely fast and will NOT let me do another burn knuckle. I've seen this done in the corner and as mid-screen but for some reason it only drops after the 2nd rising tackle
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Just making functions give in to unwanted pleasure..." Joined: Posts: 2,940
    A nice two bar HD combo reerence for Terry Bogard players.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, MuiMui, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Eliza, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??????????????????
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• Shawn_MichaelsShawn_Michaels Joined: Posts: 9
    Main thing in new Terry i dont like is his burn knuckle his comeback time really delay now
2»