Skullgirls Media/ Video/Streams Posting Thread

Comments

• guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,025
    (And c'mon guys, Filia TODs get practical when they start with IAD LK->HK, not j.HP dash j.HP->HK.)
    Or just j.HK if it hits as an overhead, I think.

http://www.twitch.tv/guitalex/c/1790939

But I toyed around with a different setup too.

http://www.twitch.tv/guitalex/c/1790944

They just don't kill a 1v2, but they're damn close. They certainly kill a 1v3 meter positive though.
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
  • worldjem7worldjem7 Seven World Jems Joined: Posts: 544
    Dat Filia tech.

What have I started?
  • BrandXBrandX Spark for the future Joined: Posts: 679
    Dat Filia tech.

What have I started?

Getting us closer to total global samson saturation....
    |||PSN: KingdomKeyGX|||
    Plays: Skullgirls
    Wants to help bring SkullGirls back!~ Uses a solo character: Fillia
    YouTube Channel: PhantomMinaX1
  • Fatface McGrawFatface McGraw Joined: Posts: 48
    PSN: SkippyMcYay
  • SteelyHawkeSteelyHawke Get down to business Joined: Posts: 1,146
    Skullgirls HD Patched 11/29/2012 - Azure vs Skyking [4/5]

Part 5 should be up some time around Monday morning. Hope you guys enjoy. Scrub play(on my part) is better than no play, I say.
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,165
    Oh yeah, as long as RPG isn't reading this and randomly frontpaging embarrassing things :^P I did a podcast a while ago that just got put up:
    http://www.twotallguysandthesmallfry.com/#!interview-with-mike-zaimont/cav2

Note - I haven't watched it yet, hehe.
    I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
  • 2Chep2Chep Joined: Posts: 196
    Oh yeah, as long as RPG isn't reading this and randomly frontpaging embarrassing things :^P I did a podcast a while ago that just got put up:

Never get tired of the Fenrir Drive story, lol.

So... shall we assume that the art with the two circle logos for Squigly and Umbrella is fanmade? :p

Edit: A mention to Mace? GODLIKE, I loved that game. IIRC my character was called Koyasha... or something lol That was one of my very first N64 games :)
    So... shall we assume that the art with the two circle logos for Squigly and Umbrella is fanmade? :p
    I think they're real, when we were pitching the game Squigly and Umbrella were supposed to be part of the original cast and Val/Double weren't. So they're probably leftovers.
    Dat Filia tech.

What have I started?
    I haven't even posted my IAD j.LK j.HK 1 meter start TOD for 1v2 yet... I actually found one.

The trick though is to delay j.HK a tiny bit, just enough to still combo but it's basically (not on Peacock, Cerebella or Fortune sadly):

IAD j.LK, j.HK, land, s.HP, instant j.HK xx qcb+HK, land xx dash, s.MP, s.MK, s.HP, j.MP (all hits), j.MK (2 hits) xx qcb+HK xx air dash, j.LK, j.HK, OTG c.LK, s.MK, s.HP, j.LP, j.LK, j.MP (all hits), j.MK (2 hits) xx qcb+HK, land xx dash, s.LP, s.LP, s.LK, s.MP, s.MK, s.HP xx dp+HP (wait) xx air qcb+KK, land, s.HK xx dp+HP xx dp+PP

If you delay the j.HK too much but it still hits (or if j.LK is blocked but j.HK hits), it's still a TOD and generates the meter required.
    Skullgirls HD Patched 11/29/2012 - Azure vs Skyking [5/5]

Final video from this set. Next round of vids is gonna be a lot more competitive than fighting against Sky lol.
  • palipali PSN:Heavyjugz Joined: Posts: 976
    LOL funny games

13:55 omg my peacock ahhhhhhhhhh
    I haven't even posted my IAD j.LK j.HK 1 meter start TOD for 1v2 yet... I actually found one.

The trick though is to delay j.HK a tiny bit, just enough to still combo but it's basically (not on Peacock, Cerebella or Fortune sadly):

IAD j.LK, j.HK, land, s.HP, instant j.HK xx qcb+HK, land xx dash, s.MP, s.MK, s.HP, j.MP (all hits), j.MK (2 hits) xx qcb+HK xx air dash, j.LK, j.HK, OTG c.LK, s.MK, s.HP, j.LP, j.LK, j.MP (all hits), j.MK (2 hits) xx qcb+HK, land xx dash, s.LP, s.LP, s.LK, s.MP, s.MK, s.HP xx dp+HP (wait) xx air qcb+KK, land, s.HK xx dp+HP xx dp+PP

If you delay the j.HK too much but it still hits (or if j.LK is blocked but j.HK hits), it's still a TOD and generates the meter required.

Well, there you have it. Congratulations, Guitalex, Filia is the new Ragna.

(inb4 influx of Filia players)

Upon further inspection, this combo uses too many tight links to be worth it (for me at least).
    Still, though, Filia's overall reward is astounding. She can pretty much kill you in 2 combos.
  • hauauhauau from the cold Joined: Posts: 25

Will there be a transcription? You sound like a weird space alien robot invader.
    Yay, my touch of death combo made it into the video roundup c:
    A combo that works on Cerebella
    Will there be a transcription? You sound like a weird space alien robot invader.
    I doubt it, it's long...
  • KrackatoaKrackatoa Ensaikyopedia Trolldanica. Joined: Posts: 2,141
    I remembered Mace. T T
    Algonquin Competitive Gaming - Bringing Hyperbolic Time Chambers to the Masses
  • MyLifeIsAnRPGMyLifeIsAnRPG The Cerebella Ninja Joined: Posts: 1,073

I frontpaged it but not cause I read it here so HAH!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    All of my matches from SkullBats #12: Team Edition

lol I suck.
  • UzumakiheroUzumakihero AKA Shinitobi Joined: Posts: 104
    My current 10K+ combo that I use:

> Obvious referral link to make money: http://www.clixsense.com/?3377477
    Yo, body this link for free.
  • OsmiumsmithOsmiumsmith Joined: Posts: 340
    Non gameplay videos:

An inteview with Mariel Cartwright, one of the animators:

And, Skullgirls in Japan. What they are talking about is guess work for me, so if anyone can help...

screw resets
  • Age_of_FoolsAge_of_Fools Joined: Posts: 706
    screw resets

Loving those raw tag combos.
    Beginner's Guide to Cerebella
    Cerebella mixup video
    XBL: Age of Fools [Cerebella/Double/Parasoul/Painwheel]
    "i mean look the length of your post…" -Dime X
  • palipali PSN:Heavyjugz Joined: Posts: 976
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,796
    That's old, right? IPS is supposed to carry over on raw tags, no? =/
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    Nope, it's SDE. IPS carrying over for raw tags means that if I tagged back to Fortune, she couldn't do any normals (cause I used em all). Also, the tag attacks themselves are subject to IPS. Fortune can cheat this because you can tag into nom, and head attacks are never subject to IPS.
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,796
    Nope, it's SDE. IPS carrying over for raw tags means that if I tagged back to Fortune, she couldn't do any normals (cause I used em all). Also, the tag attacks themselves are subject to IPS. Fortune can cheat this because you can tag into nom, and head attacks are never subject to IPS.

Oh, I see. That's pretty sick, time to go back to looking at raw tag combos with my team then.
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    And, Skullgirls in Japan. What they are talking about is guess work for me, so if anyone can help...
    OMG IT'S A YUKKURI FILIA AND A YUKKURI SAMSON. RUN!

Video seems to go over an intro to what Skullgirls is, the design, art style and music (mentioning the composer and that the album topped the jazz album charts in iTunes and Amazon), and the story surrounding Canopy Kingdom and the surrounding kingdoms being at war, and the whole Queen Nancy wish to end the war turning her into the kingdom's common enemy, and something about Marie.

There was some mention of hoping for a PC version, and possibly mention on what people had to do to get it in Japan since it's not in the store and doesn't have a publisher.

Still creeped out by the yukkuris.

Also, joy to the world...

Filia players are ringing cathedral bells right now.
    Skullgirls HD Patched 12/18/2012 - Azure vs Nekro_Surge [1/6]

Me fighting Nekro this time. It is neck and neck the higher the wins get on either side.
  • DuckatorDuckator New Member Joined: Posts: 31
    http://www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto
    Frosty Faustings V
    SG will be streamed sometime after GGXXAC, SSFIVAE, MK9, and P4A are done.
    Again not entirely SG related, but I did another podcast with Almost eSports yesterday:
    http://www.twitch.tv/almost_esports/b/352015371 (until the link decides not to work)
  • VerstandeVerstande Joined: Posts: 324
    A combo that works on Cerebella

How do you do the 2 moves right before the second super?
    I know one is HK but what is the other one?
  • c_wraithc_wraith Joined: Posts: 36
    How do you do the 2 moves right before the second super?
    I know one is HK but what is the other one?

The second one is her dragon punch, super-cancelled before it leaves the ground.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,728
    A ridiculously rambling badly done first effort at a tutorial video to show my painwheel resets to the 1 or 2 people that havent seen or heard of them yet, i apologize in advance for the bad commentary, but there are some places where you get to laugh at me if you have a sense of humor.... Ahem:

Gettin' my derp on.
  • milkcowmilkcow Joined: Posts: 71
    Grand Finals at Frosty Faustings. I really need to get back into this game.
    PSN: boobysmiles / tv_allergy
    XBL: drgoober
  • WingZero626WingZero626 Try to keep up. Joined: Posts: 207
    Grand Finals at Frosty Faustings. I really need to get back into this game.
    Damn congratulations to Duckator. Good show man :)
    Psn: WingZero626
    Salty Cupcakes:WingZero
  • JakeWasHereJakeWasHere FGC N3wb Joined: Posts: 296
    The guy who did the Japanese intro-to-Skullgirls video also published an intro-to-the-Skullgirls-cast video. Unfortunately, that one's only available on Niconico at the moment -- not that it matters, since I don't think anyone here speaks Japanese.

EDIT: Just watched it anyway. He went through and translated all the information available about Filia, including the dialogue in the cutscenes... and also referred to our own Story Discussion Thread in this very forum in order to thrash out the identities of some of the people seen in the flashbacks. Apparently, he subscribes to our theory about Vitale being Filia's uncle.

From the look of things, he's going on to Cerebella next time.
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,483
    Heh, I posted this in several places but forgot to post it here...

Must have been hella tired after I finished making it last night.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
    OK, then! Considering the upcoming influx of new players, I've decided to do a stream tutorial. I'm thinking of just doing a general one, because some people prefer to see examples.

It would be helpful for you guys to go to the stream and give input on things that should also be covered on screen. I'm trying to be as thorough as possible. I plan on keeping it in my archives for future use so please help me in this endeavor.

I'll go live in one hour. That'll be 1AM (EST) / 10pm PST. The stream is here http://www.twitch.tv/guitalex

Things I plan to cover:
    - Pretty much the entire tutorial in the game. I'll likely do a run through of it first to start with adding commentary.
    - The training room options
    - IPS
    - Even more advanced offense (low/throw mixups, left/right mixups, aerial attack/throw mixups)
    - Even more advanced defense (properly pushblocking, pushblock guard cancel, absolute guard)
    - MAYBE go into character specific things. MAYBE because at the very least I'd like some players of the characters to let me know things I can show off, so this will likely be another day.