Skullgirls Media/ Video/Streams Posting Thread

Comments

• SairusSairus Mow mow mow Joined: Posts: 108
    I videoed a couple of games at the WGC. Be warned, these were filmed on the Friday when most people had been playing it for the first time.
    Also, be prepared for one of the driest matches ever filmed in this first video.

Fillia/Peacock v Cerebella

Peacock/Valentine v Cerebella/Parasoul
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cx0bofvLQ70
    Into Fighting Games? Are you Irish? Check out http://www.RandomSelect.ie!
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • SDoubleYooSDoubleYoo SoCal Joined: Posts: 71
    Video of Skullgirls top 8 from SoCal Regionals with Fanatiq on commentary for most of it.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive2/b/302883180
    It begins at 9:35 and ends at 11:20.
    Tron / Nova / Racoon
    Sakura / Oni
    Valentine / Parasoul / Filia
    XBL: skawty888
  • DarkArchvilleDarkArchville Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed. Joined: Posts: 1,166
  • DarkArchvilleDarkArchville Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed. Joined: Posts: 1,166
    An article on why Skullgirls is going to reinvigorate the fightng game genre:

http://bnbgaming.com/2012/03/17/a-treatise-on-why-skullgirls-looks-set-to-refuel-the-fighting-genre/

Skullgirls tournament at SNCI (actual footage starts at about 2:06:30~2:07:00):

http://www.twitch.tv/finestko/b/312121218
  • RaHavicRaHavic The Window Washer Joined: Posts: 116
    Figured I'd ask if anyone is having plans on doing a 24/7 or just a nightly stream of the game after release? If so let us all know whats up with what console and times you plan on doing it. Also your region you are streaming from would help as well. Hope someone replies!! Get hype people!
    GGs on dem Sigs I guess ;(
    Figured I'd ask if anyone is having plans on doing a 24/7 or just a nightly stream of the game after release? If so let us all know whats up with what console and times you plan on doing it. Also your region you are streaming from would help as well. Hope someone replies!! Get hype people!
    Lobbies are only 2 people at launch.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    oh damn bodied! I didn't know that at all. Thank you sir. /thread
  • n9195vn9195v Joined: Posts: 42
    No! Don't end the thread The game comes out a day earlier on PSN and people buying the game on XBLA like myself may want to to watch live game play before I have access to the game. So please if you know of any furture stream post them on this thread. =P

For starters ....
    A recent announcement from UltraChen TV revealed a very special guest for their Monday shows. Michael “Mike Z” Zaimont will be on hand for both First Attack and Lv. 3 Focus, discussing beginner and advanced play over the course of the two segments with James Chen and Ultra David. This is a show you won’t want to miss, as Mike Z will have some great information ready for the viewers in preparation for the Skullgirls launch next week. As always, they’ll be live on Twitch TV, so be on the look out for the official article on Monday. Link ~ http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv

• Sanger ZonvoltSanger Zonvolt Future Cyberbots Pro Joined: Posts: 1,529
    Mike did say larger lobbies would be in the first patch right? So it won't be too long till streaming will be easy.
    Sword of Sophia and fightan games
    Cyberbots: Super-8 & Helion
    Vampire Savior: Lilith, Jedah, and Demitri
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/Filia/Squigly
  • deice-deice- kimchi yokatta darou Joined: Posts: 596
    Mike did say larger lobbies would be in the first patch right? So it won't be too long till streaming will be easy.
    Its still likely to be several months at minimum. I'd imagine the first patch co-inciding with first DLC release.
    SSF4: Juri BBCSEX: Λ-11 AH3: Nazuna MBAACC: F-Hime SG: Valentine/Squigly/Parasoul
    本番はこれからだったのに, もう限界? - honban wa korekara datta no ni, mou genkai?
    Yeah my bad I did make the thread a little uninformed, but I'll keep my eye on it, and yeah if anyone has the intention at least to do a stream and just wanna throw it out there definitely give us all a heads up on here. :)
  • Cowman715Cowman715 Joined: Posts: 289
    I plan on streaming when the XBOX Version comes out :O
  • GrayFox814GrayFox814 By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth! Joined: Posts: 289
    I plan on streaming the second I get the game, so like training and stuff and if anyone watching wants to play me then ill play them. On ps3.
    My page is www.twitch.tv/GrayFox814
    UMVC3: Zero/Dante/Doom/Viper/Strange
    SkullGirls: Parasoul/Valentine
    SFxT:Ibuki/Cammy/Cole SSF4:Ibuki/Rose/Cammy/Viper
    PSN:GrayFox814
    Guy's if you're planning on streaming let us know the stream page, if not I appreciate saying that you're going to stream, but lets all hold off unless you already have a twitch page or whatever site it is you use. I want to make this a good thread for people who are just checkin out the forums later on to be able to go and check you guys out on your pages and see whats up with the game.

So lets keep it to something like ie: "My twitch page is twitch.tv/????? I plan on streaming my lobby matches/my ranked matches/some training mode, come check me out there", and whatever other info you want to give us all, thanks guys!
  • Cowman715Cowman715 Joined: Posts: 289
    www.twitch.tv/cowman715 I do stream other games (old school and fighters) My quality isn't as good (I play on a CRT TV for fighters and I stream on a dazzle so it'll be 480 quality) But I do commentaries and talk to my stream :O
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,171
    can you add the character trailers to the links above as well please? I have a list of videos I show people i'm introducing the game, and the trailers are some of them, It's nice that you have all these videos in once place. But it's annoying to have to google the character trailers every time.
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    can you add the character trailers to the links above as well please? I have a list of videos I show people i'm introducing the game, and the trailers are some of them, It's nice that you have all these videos in once place. But it's annoying to have to google the character trailers every time.
    If you already searched for them several times why won't you post links yourself then? O_o
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
  • Uncivilized ElkUncivilized Elk Joined: Posts: 713
    Link is Skullgirls website. Why bother googling?
    PSN: Uncivilized_Elk
    If you already searched for them several times why won't you post links yourself then? o_O
    I meant on the FIRST post... but yeah You're right. I should have posted links. here:

-Filia
    -Cerebella
    -Peacock
    -Parasoul
    -Ms Fortune
    -Painwheel
    -Valentine
    -Double.

Now, again, can hell from above or a mod please put these on the first post? Instead of making a smart ass post trying to make me look lazy and dumb? I simply didn't think of it at the time, geesh.
    Link is Skullgirls website. Why bother googling?
    It's not on the skullgirls website.
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • Uncivilized ElkUncivilized Elk Joined: Posts: 713
    It's not on the skullgirls website.

Ah, you're right.
    They left out Valentine, Painwheel, and Double from the trailers they have there.
    (Get on that Reverge!)
    PSN: Uncivilized_Elk
    Ah, you're right.
    They left out Valentine, Painwheel, and Double from the trailers they have there.
    (Get on that Reverge!)
    Actually I just went on the website again, they seem to have magically appeared... well, except for double... double is still missing.

(probably more accurately, I never noticed them before...)
  • AndoTheCommandoAndoTheCommando Sorry I'm late! Joined: Posts: 2,688

IGN's Skullgirls review is up!
    "If I can't beat it, it's probably broken."- Ben Perkins
  • FulaaniFulaani Of terrorist descent Joined: Posts: 2,555
    no in game movelist? that's a pretty glaring oversight.
    zoning took an indefinite hiatus
  • AndoTheCommandoAndoTheCommando Sorry I'm late! Joined: Posts: 2,688
    Not an oversight, they just didn't have time to do it compared to more pressing issues. It will be in the game in a latter patch.
    "If I can't beat it, it's probably broken."- Ben Perkins
    mentioning how single player is hard even set on easy, but not mentioning the tutorials at all...? =( darn IGN, although I'm happy they gave the game an 8.5
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • FulaaniFulaani Of terrorist descent Joined: Posts: 2,555
    Speaking of Based Broad streaming just a reminder for tonight's UltraChenTV guys: http://shoryuken.com/2012/04/06/ultra-david-and-james-chen-welcome-mike-z-as-ultrachen-tvs-special-guest-this-monday/
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    no in game movelist? that's a pretty glaring oversight.
    Ptint one from my sig.
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
  • BloodBurgerBloodBurger Joined: Posts: 14
    I always have a stream up for new releases. This shouldn't be any different.

http://www.twitch.tv/bloodburger
    Amazing stream tonight by UltraChenTV http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv if you missed it. Archive's are usually up really quick if you're just getting up or what have you. Mike Z is the game designer we all deserve.
    I watched it for 4 hours straight. I get headache =[
    Launch party everyday though! =3
    I watched it for 4 hours straight. I get headache =[
    Launch party everyday though! =3

Dude if I wasn't kicking back a couple of brews while watchin the whole thing, I'd be diggin through archives and shit right now!
  • HellfromaboveHellfromabove Joined: Posts: 2,575 mod
    There is already a media thread where it is stated that you should post streams. Go post everything in there. Thread closed.

-Tha Hindu
    damn, shut down! ouch! Don't think this is the same in any way shape or form as to what I was going to do but ok. I do not even see a section for streams which got my thread shut down to begin with. I respectfully ask that you at least not waste the time of those that entered my thread and entered information on their streams for everyone to bookmark and keep an eye out for. Just as a respect, or re-open my thread which would really be the more proper thing to do. Shoot me a PM if you need me, thanks.
  • CrocodileCrocodile Joined: Posts: 94
    Not only is there no indication that streams should be posted here but the OP of this thread discourages discussion. Talking about streams is something we are going to want to do be it streams from users on this board or upcoming tournament streams. Pretty much every major board has a dedicated stream thread. I think we should too.
    After discussing it with some other users I have decided to reopen this thread.

-Tha Hindu
    Talked to a number of people and decided to open the stream thread back up.

-Tha Hindu
    Apreciated.