Skullgirls Media/ Video/Streams Posting Thread

Comments

• BrandXBrandX Spark for the future Joined: Posts: 677
    Well I mean a snapback costs a level, but otherwise you can do it anytime you could do a special. Perhaps you're mucking up the motion?

Maybe, I am using 236 mp+mk. It won't seem to come out when I do that though.

Btw, lets move this to another topic. We shouldn't spam the Media/Video/Streams thread.
    |||PSN: KingdomKeyGX|||
    Plays: Skullgirls
    Wants to help bring SkullGirls back!~ Uses a solo character: Fillia
    YouTube Channel: PhantomMinaX1
    ·
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,165
    Back on track, me vs. Skyking

Watch in dat HD!
    I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
    ·
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    Pali complained that 2/3 isn't an accurate way to assess skill because there are too many random variables in SG
    Pali hasn't played in a month or so and was totally out of practice, while Mike wasn't (blind assumption)
    Pali would've won a 2/3 but over the course of the longer set, Mike came out on top

If I say that a FT10 is a better way to see who's a better player than an FT1,
    then run an FT10 against Daigo, win the first set and lose the next 10, is that "irony"?

Doesn't that like, reinforce Pali's point?

If anything, "irony" would've been if he had completely dominated 2 rounds and then got random out 3 times in a row (still not really, but at least to a certain extend), but this wasn't the case.
    So, if he hasn't played in a month, does he REALLY have a say in this?

Random variables in SG? With all those resets? He's sort of shooting his logic in the foot. He just doesn't like it when people mash a reversal expecting the obvious reset.

The irony is that he lost due to the longer set that he suggested, regardless of why he suggested it. Irony isn't something you overanalyze.
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
    ·
  • ZidianeZidiane HyperCharging YOLO STAR Joined: Posts: 1,224
    The irony is that he lost due to the longer set that he suggested, regardless of why he suggested it. Irony isn't something you overanalyze.
    Pali was upset and cried "scrub" because pali considers pali to be the best. Therefore, if pali loses, pali was scrubed out. There is no irony, there is only pali.
    xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
    Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
    Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
    ·
    There is no irony, there is only pali.
    I'm wanting to put this in my signature but I won't.
    ·
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,344 ✭✭
    Well I mean a snapback costs a level, but otherwise you can do it anytime you could do a special. Perhaps you're mucking up the motion?
    Can you do jab into snapback?
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    ·
    Can you do jab into snapback?
    yes.
    ·
    Scumbag Mike Z never blocks, he just mashes.
    ·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,020 ✭✭✭
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
    I have a strong feeling that the marketing in Japan will be........"different" than the American marketing.

And not the normal different, like a completely different tone.

It's also cool to know I am not the only Parasoul who throws out LK tears like that.

Lk tear, bike, hk tear, napalm shot
    ·
  • worldjem7worldjem7 Seven World Jems Joined: Posts: 544
    Back on track, me vs. Skyking
    Watch in dat HD!

How in the WORLD did Skyking use death crawl after Showstopper? 7:28

I thought Showstopper was 0f startup after the flash.
    Join the SkullGirls IRC
    http://www.twitch.tv/worldjem
    ·
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,686
    How in the WORLD did Skyking use death crawl after Showstopper? 7:28

I thought Showstopper was 0f startup after the flash.

PW was still in block/hit stun, I guess.
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    ·
    PW was still in block/hit stun, I guess.
    Did you watch the scene? Painwheel was attacking, and Cerebella pushed (probably pbgc, I'm not able to use that technique) into US. Painwheel was mid attack, she shouldn't have been able to cancel into Deathcrawl. The only thing I can possibly see is if PW put in the Deathcrawl immediately before the US.
    EDIT: No, because we would have seen a flash before, and we wouldn't have seen the grab go so far. This shouldn't have happened, I don't think. Mike?
    ·
    Did you watch the scene? Painwheel was attacking, and Cerebella pushed (probably pbgc, I'm not able to use that technique) into US. Painwheel was mid attack, she shouldn't have been able to cancel into Deathcrawl. The only thing I can possibly see is if PW put in the Deathcrawl immediately before the US.
    EDIT: No, because we would have seen a flash before, and we wouldn't have seen the grab go so far. This shouldn't have happened, I don't think. Mike?

If it's pbgc, then there's some frame differences for doing US out of it. Check the patch notes.
    ·

If it's pbgc, then there's some frame differences for doing US out of it. Check the patch notes.
    ·
  • palipali PSN:Heavyjugz Joined: Posts: 976
    Pali was upset and cried "scrub" because pali considers pali to be the best. Therefore, if pali loses, pali was scrubed out. There is no irony, there is only pali.

To be quite frank the person i lost to 2-1 was to Tjgamer22, i then played him after the tournament and bodied him 5-0.

You can easily get randomed out in a 2/3, i lost that 3/5 with mike because i dropped hella combos and i was too pissed off about losing 1 match to even play anymore, my point still stands. I haven't played in "month's" not just 1 month, but that doesn't matter obviously if i came back and 5-0'd him. Yes i got scrubbed out by random tags and the cerebella lvl 3 strategy, i have a problem with showing people too much respect when i first play them since i'm thinking hey.. this guy might play professional and know what hes doing i'm going to play solid. Only to find out they play like a buffoon with random supers and tag ins, its great for a 2/3 dude.

EDIT:This is usually why tournament standings used to be rocky, now they put things to 3/5 so you have enough time to download someone. After those 2 matches he got downloaded quick, Mike is good though Lol not to discredit him with what i said above he's gotten me before with solo filia when i used to play often pretty legitimately.
    ·
    To be quite frank the person i lost to 2-1 was to Tjgamer22, i then played him after the tournament and bodied him 5-0.
    There is only pali.

You know what a fighting game is, right? You and your opponent both have the same resources and are under the same restrictions. For whatever reason it happened for, you were beaten. All that means is that you would have won if you had been better. Whether that means better at playing, better at managing your practice time, or better at not falling for "scrub tactics", it doesn't really matter. Besides, it's not like you win anything from this tournament. It's done for fun, for enjoyment of the game. It really is in bad taste to quit because you can't get first place.
    Yeah, there is a 6 frame startup... pause... or something. Does this mean that US won't grab until 6 frames after the push, or that it won't start until then? Also, the time between the push and the US was... it looks like at least 6 frames... I don't know. Maybe it was 5?
    ·
    Gonna listen to a guy who thinks he's the greatest, yet loses to "scrub tactics" and rage quits because he can't get first in an online tournament? What?

@Zidaine
    Gonna assume it means that pbgc & dhc US have delayed start-up. An alternative could be pbgc, HP LnL with a fast cancel into US.
    ·
    itt: i legit dont even know what is going on anymore
    ·
    @pali - they only went to 3/5 for MvC3 because XFactor.

@worldjem - PBGC into Showstopper has 6f-to-1f post-flash startup depending on how close you do it to being a true reversal. Death Crawl pre-flash startup is not throw vulnerable, which is a mistake because it was supposed to be. :^P
    [edit] DHC into Showstopper has 1f post-flash startup always.
    ·
  • KristophKristoph sing my lullaby Joined: Posts: 427
    <Heavyjugz> Ggs TJ 10-5
    <@TJgamer22> yeah ggs

huh
    ·
    This shit is leaving us.......Nowhere?

Play more.
    ·
    <Heavyjugz> Ggs TJ 10-5
    <@TJgamer22> yeah ggs

huh

It was 5-0 in the beginning was suppose to only be a FT5 but i kept playing just to mess around.

Also this is off topic now, point is i came back after being randomed out.
    ·
  • TJgamerTJgamer I never forget a face.... Joined: Posts: 9
    It was 5-0 in the beginning was suppose to only be a FT5 but i kept playing just to mess around.

Also this is off topic now, point is i came back after being randomed out.

This may be off topic but please don't twist the facts to better yourself =P. You asked me to a "for fun" FT10 which I accepted since you kept asking for it. Yes you won, but they were really fun games, some were intense and came down to the wire. So what if I lost the first 5 lol, I don't see the point in telling that to everyone who will listen, it's not like anyone thinks less of you because I beat you in the tournament. You're a strong opponent and we had some ggs, let's just leave it at that shall we?

To stay somewhat on topic I have to ask Mike, did you happen to record our matches? Those were quite fun to play, I want to relive the experience since I probably won't play you again anytime soon haha.
    UMvC3 - Ammy, Chris, Joe, Wright, Dr. Strange
    Tekken 6- Lili, Asuka, Alisa, Leo
    Skullgirls: Celebella + Peacock
    ·
    I recorded 'em, it's like 800mb and my upload is terrible. They're coming.
    Ciscokid's agony first, though.
    ·
    So what if I lost the first 5 lol, I don't see the point in telling that to everyone who will listen, it's not like anyone thinks less of you because I beat you in the tournament. You're a strong opponent and we had some ggs, let's just leave it at that shall we?

See this is what i don't understand, i'm going to say that i am in fact gdlk. But if i lost those 2 goofy matches what does that mean? is this saying skullgirls is "too" fair?

We have different people winning skullbats all the time, its not heavily dominated by one person. This is what i don't like, i would say the pre-patch unfair play was my favorite time of this game. This new patch just helps everyone get some W's in is what i'm concluding.
    ·
    Pali for SG's Darkprince.

He is the man we deserve, but not the one we want or however the saying goes the last time I was watching movie I was getting bitched at for how I'm not paying enough attention to the people I care about or some nonsense.
    ·
    Hey man i'm just speaking the truth, i rarely took L's pre-patch. Now with this herp derp junk i'm taking like 5 or 6.

Like i played tj and a ton of people pre-patch utter destruction, now i'm taking some L's? wtf is this.
    ·
    Hey man i'm just speaking the truth, i rarely took L's pre-patch. Now with this herp derp junk i'm taking like 5 or 6.

Like i played tj and a ton of people pre-patch utter destruction, now i'm taking some L's? wtf is this.
    Perhaps stagnation?
    Perhaps the combo system of the past work well towards your favor?
    Perhaps everyone got better?
    ·
    Me vs Pali from Skullbats 17

More coming, but my internet is so baaaaad...

Yo i just saw you're friends with Creedot, LOL his MSP is gdlk. I used to play him a lot in mvc2.
    ·
    Perhaps stagnation?
    Perhaps the combo system of the past work well towards your favor?
    Perhaps everyone got better?

Not better, most are still doing the same things. They just work better now that certain characters don't have solid damage potential thus making more people free to act retarded and not care.

Back then you do some random crap, you're dead. Now its like ehhh i'm only going to lose like 15% health especially from a parasoul why not random her out huh?
    ·
  • Tomo009Tomo009 Joined: Posts: 2,215

Perhaps you never adapted to the new system. From what I've seen of your play, your resets are still kind of lackluster despite how great you play the neutral and how solid you are at converting combos.

Can't judge them that well though I guess, because I can't really play you.
    ·
  • CellsaiCellsai A Debby Downer Joined: Posts: 178
    I haven't played in "month's" not just 1 month

You're right. It's clearly the game's fault you're losing matches.
    Launch party erry day
    Cellsai.deviantART.com
    ·
    THIS CERTAINLY COUNTS AS OFF TOPIC BY NOW so let's be done before a duck arrives yeaaaaaaaaah?

Back on topic: Ciscokid destroying me
    ·

It's the result of fixing what was broken and buffing what needed buffing.

- Parasoul's tear explosions not scaling
    - H Horner Bomber being downright retarded
    - Peacock sucking ass

Maybe the reason you're losing now is that you were never really that good in the first place. Is that a little on the nose?

ON TOPIC: Don't think I've posted this one.
    ·
  • alxreaperalxreaper Yabba! My icing! Gahhhh! Joined: Posts: 88
    THIS CERTAINLY COUNTS AS OFF TOPIC BY NOW so let's be done before a duck arrives yeaaaaaaaaah?

man, i need to level up my stuff.
    Oregon, USA
    PSN: alxreaper
    Skullgirls: solo peacock / peacock, cerabella
    ·
  • KristophKristoph sing my lullaby Joined: Posts: 427
    I won't lie, that video makes me feel better about how badly I got destroyed by Cisco. Seriously though, I need to figure out some serious answers to Peacock, lol.
    ·
  • Fatal_PokeFatal_Poke Xbox: Knives the Wolf Joined: Posts: 83
    That peacock is scary
    ·
    Don't think I've posted this one.
    You could kill without the final meter on that Cerebella combo.
    ·
    You could kill without the final meter on that Cerebella combo.
    I know. This is old. lol

After the j.MP j.HK I should've probably done s.MP, c.HP j.LP x forever xx j.HP, s.LP, c.MP, s.HK (2 hits) xx Cerecopter or something. It wasn't until last week when I found better alternatives.
    ·
    You probably could do other stuff... but that stuff you got that wasn't video stuff works well enoughs.
    ·
    You probably could do other stuff... but that stuff you got that wasn't video stuff works well enoughs.
    I have a pretty noobish Bella. But I do try.
    ·
  • CiscoKid_4CiscoKid_4 Joined: Posts: 90

yay its uploaded ^__^

Did you guys hear that sound from video?
    its the sound of the Valentne/Filia bandwagon getting derailed
    ·
    FUN FACTS SECTION:

1.THIS WAS THE ORIGINAL PRE PATCH SPAM (MUCH MORE TAME IN COMPARISON)

2. BOTH VIDEOS WERE DONE ON A PAD NOT A STICK

3. MAJORITY OF WHAT I DO CURRENTLY IS FROM PRE PATCH DAYS

4. PEACOCK CONFIRMED S TIER

5. THE DOUBLE ASSIST IS STILL HK BOMBER . IT STILL WORKS BUT ITS NOT A SAFETY NET ANYMORE
    ·
  • WingZero626WingZero626 Try to keep up. Joined: Posts: 207
    yay its uploaded ^__^

Did you guys hear that sound from video?
    its the sound of the Valentne/Filia bandwagon getting derailed
    Just when i was getting tired of fighting copy cats. Thanks cisco but know there gonna copy you......OH DEAR GOD!
    Psn: WingZero626
    Salty Cupcakes:WingZero
    ·
    Just when i was getting tired of fighting copy cats. Thanks cisco but know there gonna copy you......OH DEAR GOD!

i look forward to it. I know it be awhile before serious threats come up but if anybody knows this team inside and out its probably me. Unless i write a guide Tee Hee
    ·
  • worldjem7worldjem7 Seven World Jems Joined: Posts: 544
    Found Evangelion Opening stream donation thing
    http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed/b/360392330?t=51m
    Join the SkullGirls IRC
    http://www.twitch.tv/worldjem
    ·
  • MegamanDSMegamanDS MvC3 and Trading Outlet Moderator Joined: Posts: 4,411 mod
    super WTF moment on my face -_-
    Proven: Top MvC2 & XMvSF player | Proving now: Top Skull Girls player Watch and follow my journey
    www.eightysixed.com - PR manager
    www.facebook.com/eightysixedonline - please "like" us
    www.twitch.tv/eightysixed - Follow us for Skullgirls Salty Cupcakes & more!
    ·
  • WingZero626WingZero626 Try to keep up. Joined: Posts: 207
    i look forward to it. I know it be awhile before serious threats come up but if anybody knows this team inside and out its probably me. Unless i write a guide Tee Hee
    F!@#$% DO IT!
    Psn: WingZero626
    Salty Cupcakes:WingZero
    ·
  • MegamanDSMegamanDS MvC3 and Trading Outlet Moderator Joined: Posts: 4,411 mod
    Yo i just saw you're friends with Creedot, LOL his MSP is gdlk. I used to play him a lot in mvc2.
    Creedot, oh that name rings a strong bell...

I take credit for his MSP btw -_-
    Proven: Top MvC2 & XMvSF player | Proving now: Top Skull Girls player Watch and follow my journey
    www.eightysixed.com - PR manager
    www.facebook.com/eightysixedonline - please "like" us
    www.twitch.tv/eightysixed - Follow us for Skullgirls Salty Cupcakes & more!
    ·