[5.28.13] UCSB Black N Blue club, Weekly tournaments

lolmarklolmark Joined: Posts: 204
edited May 2013 in Tournaments & Events
5/28/13 UPDATE: Just wanted to let everyone know about our FG club that meets every Tuesday. We host tournaments for various games including, UMvC3, SSF4AE, Smash Bros and Injustice. People are welcome to set up stations for casuals.

This Tuesday(5/28), we're running a Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tounament. $5 entry fee; $1 dollar of the entry fee goes towards the club and the remaining $4 goes towards the prize pool. Tournaments are on PS3.

INFORMATION ABOUT UCSB BnB:
The University of California - Santa Barbara fighting game club "Black N Blue" hosts a weekly casual event on Tuesday, 8:00pm - closing.

The stream will be provided by KOcast. Live stream starts at 8:00pm.

About the club: The Black N Blue fighting game club has recently started in UCSB's Fall 2011 semester. The club was established with the intent of getting fighting game fans together, improving the Santa Barbara FG scene and prepare new players for tournament level play. So if you're a student at UCSB, please come every Tuesday to UCSB's Harold Frank Hall room #1132 - 1152 (2 entries, same room) from 8pm - closing.

Please 'Like' the UCSB BnB Facebook for updates on events and meetings.

stream link: www.twitch.tv/kocast
Twitter link: www.twitter.com/KOcastSB
UCSB BnB Facebook: www.facebook.com/UcsbBlacknBlue
Post edited by lolmark on
·

Comments

• lolmarklolmark Joined: Posts: 204
    Note: Just edited the thread to list the games that are being played in club.

Please RSVP if you're interested in dropping by. :p:
    ·
  • KazdynKazdyn Joined: Posts: 191
    I will be there:clapdos:
    ·
  • gamerkim28gamerkim28 drewlynoted Joined: Posts: 293
    Same.
    ·
  • FooFoo Joined: Posts: 93
    Sounds good I'll be there.
    UMvc3 team:Thor Wesker Strange
    Other team : Shuma Strange Ammy
    Our Weekly Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/kocast/
    ·
  • Rex RogersRex Rogers Joined: Posts: 3
    I'll be there
    ·
  • chickensandwichkchickensandwichk Joined: Posts: 21
    see you there!
    ·
  • Chimpan-AChimpan-A Joined: Posts: 135
    Sounds good. Does it matter if you're a student or not? Also how late is closing?
    ·
  • Rex RogersRex Rogers Joined: Posts: 3
    Shouldn't really matter if your a student. Should go at least till 10 but its gone later the last couple weeks
    ·
    Hope to see everyone there! If you are a UCSB student, come check the club out.

There will probably be plenty of arcade sticks, but still, BYOC

UCSB Harold Frank Hall room #1152
    www.twitch.tv/kocast
    ·
  • aggro cragaggro crag Joined: Posts: 199
    Stream is now live! www.twitch.tv/KOcast
    ·
    If anyone is in the Santa Barbara area, come check out the club. We're going to try to stream at the club every week.
    ·
  • aggro cragaggro crag Joined: Posts: 199
    Updated time. Not supposed to be 7AM to Midnight. Fixed it, it's supposed to be today at 7PM, not AM.

Nov. 22 - 7PM to Nov. 23 - 12AM Midnight.
    ·
    Black 'n Blue is on for tomorrow (11/29)! Stream will start at 7:30pm.

If you don't feel like studying, come hang out with us.
    ·
    Black 'n Blue is on break until UCSB Winter quarter 2012.
    ·
    It's syllabus week at UCSB. Black 'n Blue club is back. Club opens tomorrow (Tuesday) at 7:00pm. Live stream will start at 8:00pm

www.twitch.tv/KOcast
    ·
    UCSB students: Show up. I know you aren't studying. :p
    ·
    Going to mix it up on the stream this week. Probably start the night with Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS on the PS3 before doing UMvC3.

Week 2 of Black 'n Blue start at 7pm on Tuesday.

www.twitch.tv/KOcast

Follow on Twitter for more updates: @KOcastSB
    ·
    Week 3 of Black 'n Blue's Winter 2012 quarter starts tomorrow at 7pm! 8pm for the stream.

www.twitch.tv/KOcast

Follow @KOcastSB on Twitter for more updates: https://twitter.com/#!/kocastsb
    ·
  • BlueMary69BlueMary69 If I Drown let me Sink Joined: Posts: 749
    hi im from santa maria and im interested in maybe bringing my krew down would that be ok?
    ·
  • chickensandwichkchickensandwichk Joined: Posts: 21
    ^ That'd be great! If you have equipment (monitor, system, sticks, etc.) please bring them as well :)
    ·
    Hey guys. Black n' Blue week 4 starts tonight at 7pm. All the details are in the top post. Tonight, we're dedicating the stream for the launch of Soul Calibur V. If there's time and interest, we'll have KOFXIII and Gundam Extreme Vs.

Next week, however, we're going to attempt to do a 4 player Gundam Extreme Vs., the way the game was intended to be played.

Stream starts at 8pm on www.twitch.tv/KOcast
    ·
  • glenngacglenngac Joined: Posts: 7
    Really?Have a look. track.php?u=2
    ·
    Black n Blue starts again tonight at 7:00pm. We'll be dedicating our stream to MS Gundam Extreme vs. 2v2 gameplay. If we run into problems with Gundam, we'll switch it up and do a Soul Calibur V mini-tournament.

Stream starts at 8pm on www.twitch.tv/KOcast
    ·
  • paktraxxpaktraxx Joined: Posts: 1
    do you guys play umvc3? i really want to start doing tournament play and playing with better people
    ·
    Yep, there will always be set ups for UMVC3.

PS. Apologies for tonight's stream. We ran into a lot of technical problems and weren't able to do the Gundam Extreme Vs. 2v2. We'll attempt to do it again, but no promises.
    ·
    Black n Blue starts again this Tuesday at 7:00pm. If you're in a UCSB student or live in the area, come by and check it out. Meeting times and location can be found in the OP.

On the stream, we're going to start with some Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and make another attempt to do 2v2 Gundam Extreme VS. If that fails, we'll continue to UMvC3 and maybe Soul Calibur V, if there is interest. Stream starts at 8pm on www.twitch.tv/KOcast

Note: There are usually multiple set ups for other fighting games, like AE2012 and KOF13. Whatever we play on the stream is not indicative of what is only available at the club meetings.
    ·
  • thebubblemanthebubbleman Joined: Posts: 20
    will there be tournaments for ae2012? or is this just a weekly gatherings
    ·
    This is a weekly gathering. Not sure about tournaments yet, that's something you can bring up with the club founder.
    ·
    So, there is a change in the schedule. Black N Blue is now meeting on Wednesday at 9pm this week. Hopefully, this will allow for more students to attend the meetings, since many clubs meet on Tuesday.

We're still planning to stream at the event, but because of Big Two and WNF, we'll probably stick to streaming games like Soul Calibur V and MS Gundam Extreme Vs.
    ·
    This Wednesday, we'll be dedicating the stream for Street Fighter X Tekken. Meeting starts around 8pm and the stream will start at 9pm.

UCSB students are definitely encouraged to check out the club.

www.twitch.tv/KOcast

Follow @KOcastSB on Twitter for more updates: https://twitter.com/#!/kocastsb
    ·
    We're going to get an early start today. We'll be setting up in the conference room around 6pm. It's finals week so that means this will be the last Black N Blue stream for the quarter.

Spring Breaaaaaaaaaaaak
    ·
    Stream will start around 7pm and we'll be goofing around until players show up.
    ·
    UCSB is back for its Spring Quarter. Club starts at 8pm.

Catch us on the stream at: www.twitch.tv/KOcast
    ·
  • IanskieIanskie Still Learning Joined: Posts: 513
    hey, is there a lot of Third Strike action going on here? I saw Gerald's money match and was curious if there were many up there interested in Third strike.
    SRK's #1 Harry Potter fan.
    ·
  • RomfiniteRomfinite in the dark Joined: Posts: 1,192
    hey, is there a lot of Third Strike action going on here? I saw Gerald's money match and was curious if there were many up there interested in Third strike.
    No
    Me: tim why you being saltier than McDonald's French fries?

Tekken Tim: because your costing me money! You never cost me money, you suck!! Enjoy this day while you can cuz you'll never beat me again
    ·
    Just updated the OP. BnB meetings are back to Tuesday nights at 8pm. So feel free and come tonight for games.

SkullGirls is the new crack around here, so definitely visit us if you're interested on getting into the game.

Live stream will start around 8pm. www.twitch.tv/KOcast

Follow us on Twitter for updates; @KOcastSB
    ·
    We're meeting again for BnB tonight. SkullGirls is on the stream station. There will be casual stations for other fighting games.

Meeting starts at 7pm. Live stream will start around 8pm. www.twitch.tv/KOcast

·
    We took a two week break from streaming at Black n Blue club. We'll be back this week on Tuesday for more SkullGirls and whatever we feel like playing.

If you are a local or a student at UCSB, drop by the club and hang out. Details about meetings are located on the top post.

Meeting starts at 7pm. Live stream will start around 8pm. www.twitch.tv/KOcast

·
    [SIZE=14px]Mixing it up for today's stream starting with VF:FS, SkullGirls with an unofficial speed patch, and maybe a MvC2 FT10.[/SIZE]

Live stream will start around 8pm. www.twitch.tv/KOcast

·
  • junglebadgerjunglebadger Joined: Posts: 11
    Is the club running next year? I did a semester abroad in Hong Kong (and spent tons of time getting bodied in arcades there) and never found the club before I left somehow :/ Would be nice to match up against some more people offline than just myself and a couple of my friends...
    ·
    I believe the club will be back in the fall. If you're still in the Goleta/SB area, we meet up every week at La Rumba Bar and Grill on Sundays for casuals as well.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/176747122373764/
    ·
    edited May 2013
    Sorry for the late notice to anyone in the 805 area. The UCSB BnB club is having an Injustice tournament tomorrow. Get local play practice before EVO. The link below is the Facebook event page!

https://www.facebook.com/events/554548047937835/
    ·
    edited May 2013
    UCSB BnB club is hosting a Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom tournament tomorrow night. We're expecting players traveling from Santa Maria and San Luis Obispo to show up! Tournament will be streamed.

Facebook event:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/469620253118125/

Stream link:
    www.twitch.tv/KOcast
    ·