ZD Arcade Control Encoder And ZD ReMatch (PS3/PS2/PC) (The most cost efficient PCBs to date!)

Comments

• gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    emphatic wrote: »
    I've used it successfully with this

It works, yes.. but what about the lag caused?
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 479
    gahrling wrote: »
    It works, yes.. but what about the lag caused?

I just did a quick test to try compatibility, didn't proper playtest. So, there's lag out the ass then?
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    I just did a quick test to try compatibility, didn't proper playtest. So, there's lag out the ass then?

Try doing some combos in KoF or Guilty Gear and you tell me.
  • AgiezeAgieze Joined: Posts: 319
    edited May 2014
    What we know:

-there's a zero delay basic pcb that has PC-PS3 compatibility, no home button for PS3 but analog-digital toggle for PC and only 12 playable buttons

-there's a revised zero delay PCB dubbed "rematch" unofficially by a seller in the past but other than him neither the company who made them nor the other sellers call it "rematch". Most chinese sellers call it "100% zero delay" . Main upgrades are additional playable button, PS2 compatibility with according Y
    usb-playstation2 cable and home button for PS3(same button as digital/analog port for PC)

What most probably do not know:
    - both boards are often sold under the "chanki" brand name (all sorts of arcade hardware clones,variants & pcb encoders etc) who also offersanother version of "zero delay " PCB in between the basic pcb and the revised "rematch/100%" pcb. It's a LED edition, with 3 pin ports for the led driven buttons(12) but no joystick lighting option apparently nor PS2 or PS3 compatibility, the encoder is actually printed with the label " USB led-joystick" and is around 17-18 bucks.

After looking for a while it seems there is also under "bao" (bao lian? ) and "timeharvest" (THT) brand names ( both known in the chinese arcade/ gaming industry) a USB/XBOX-360 encoder pcb for sale featuring a mic and headphone port, no PS3 compatibility ...and offers also... a 360/PS3/USB board. This last pcb seems to be built on the exact same pcb basis as the other zero delay encoders with extra ports ( and xbox360 compat), the timeharvest version I saw had even a daughterboard plugged in and a switching cabling option, but the seller didn't explain anything about this extra board extension nor anything about how the switching actually occurs.

The bad news:

-the ps3/xbox360/ usb encoders sold under timeharvest & bao brands are outrageously high in price for what they are, 60-70 bucks shipping included, for that price one could afford specialty "custom" multi console boards sold on arcade modding websites already.
    Only if the price goes down to the 15-25 dollar range should this OEM encoder be worth the trouble . Same thing for the "x-360/USb joystick" encoder, way too high in price for what it is, not even worth mentioning the number.
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 633
    anyone know what the extra "right" is for? have the one for .187 connections, so the non sanwa one.
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,473
    edited May 2014
    Zx-tole wrote: »
    anyone know what the extra "right" is for? have the one for .187 connections, so the non sanwa one.

Seems to be a redundant, I just ignored it.

Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
    edited May 2014
    So I ordered this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/261316847969?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 and it didn't come with instructions or anything. So I plug it in and none of the buttons or motions are registering. Even my PC doesn't recognize when I plug it in. Any help?

Also the blue middle light turns on when I plug it in either my PS2 or PC.
    Currently Playing-
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,473
    Look that item up from other sellers, most of them have a wiring guide in the item description.
    If you can't straighten it out from there, post pictures of your wiring.
    I finally figured it out, thanks for your willingness to help Pres. Camacho!
    Currently Playing-
    No problem, I see that as the purpose of this board.
  • ChaoticMonkChaoticMonk Shut The Front Door Joined: Posts: 999
    So where are people getting these from now a days? ebay?
    Yeah
  • voizzvoizz Joined: Posts: 10
    I've noticed that on the similar encoder for PC it has a 5 volt connection for LED push buttons so wondering has anyone figured a way to wire LED push buttons on 5 or 12 volts from the PCB/ encoder?
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,705
    edited September 2014
    I'm getting phantom inputs on my No-Delay board :neutral_face:

Only seems to happen when I leave it at neutral.
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.

Try using the individual direction cables rather than the 5-pin (or vice versa, depending on which you're currently using). If you're already using .187 connections, is there any chance the un-shielded disconnects are hitting ground somewhere?

Try using the individual direction cables rather than the 5-pin (or vice versa, depending on which you're currently using). If you're already using .187 connections, is there any chance the un-shielded disconnects are hitting ground somewhere?
    It was giving me random button inputs (not direction inputs) after a few seconds of no inputs.

I've unplugged the PS2 connector and it seems to be okay now.
    Weird, hopefully the problem stays away.
  • lw3lw3 Joined: Posts: 277
    anyone know where i can just buy the ps2/ps3 cable for the zd encoder? Mine has frayed some exposing the wires underneath and although it still works perfectly i would like to have a backup just in case.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,713
    Not for the ZD Encoder, but with a little know-how you can splice a new PS2 cord from a broken controller or controller extension cable
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,649
    anyone else getting issues wiring up optical based joysticks with this?

Both Sanwa OG FLASH1 and rollie FLASH1 are getting weird behaviour (constantly held directions) and my ASCII Optical also doesnt work at all... and yes i tested those on other PCB's (madcatz, HORI, ps1 padhack) and they all work perfectly.. just wondering if anyone else tried it...
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,530
    edited September 2014
    anyone else getting issues wiring up optical based joysticks with this?

Both Sanwa OG FLASH1 and rollie FLASH1 are getting weird behaviour (constantly held directions) and my ASCII Optical also doesnt work at all... and yes i tested those on other PCB's (madcatz, HORI, ps1 padhack) and they all work perfectly.. just wondering if anyone else tried it...

Probably because its not a common ground pcb. Atleast the ps3/ps2 in one version.

If playing on ps2 then its probably because its not running off 5v.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
    OK, the problem is back.

Guess I got a bad one after all, wondering what I can do (since I already left eBay feedback)
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,713
    OK, the problem is back.

Guess I got a bad one after all, wondering what I can do (since I already left eBay feedback)

You can still make a claim, even after leaving feedback.

Contact the seller, and if the seller refuses or refuses to answer take the case to eBay.
    99.99% of the time eBay will side with the buyer.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • lw3lw3 Joined: Posts: 277
    can someone scan the instructions that came with the zd board and post them up. I cant seem the find mine.
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 937
    T22mLUXe8bXXXXXXXX_!!1696223986.jpg
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,649
    Gummo wrote: »
    Probably because its not a common ground pcb. Atleast the ps3/ps2 in one version.

If playing on ps2 then its probably because its not running off 5v.

wow, im dumb, ofc it was that. thanks
  • AgiezeAgieze Joined: Posts: 319
    concerning the PC/PS3/PS2 ZeroDelay PCB :

-Kowal reports in his review article ( he calls this PCB the zd rematch and yes we all have to deal with the weird online translations with his site) that this particular PCB translates any two OPPOSITE and SIMULTANEOUSLY pressed directions into no position at all being registered ( when using a hitbox or a tweaked keyboard then) . I suppose from what he says that if you release one opposite direction while maintaining the other one still, it is the remaining direction input that will be registered ( no need to release both opposite direction and re-press a single one, in other words) .
    I don't agree with all his ideas but I'll side with him for this one. At least the zd doesn't f'up like the xin mo.

It's time someone comes up with a LOW COST PCB encoder for PC (eventually compatible with latest gen consoles upon detection when plugging along with former gen retro-compatibility up to a reasonable point) that features :
    -common ground ( A MUST )
    - n key rollover for all the buttons ; no input for simultaneous opposing joystick directions
    -an important number of inputs : 1-2 joysticks (some arcade games require 1 player using 2 joys) , 8-10 playing buttons, 6 or more user buttons (including start, select, analog/digital toggle, pause and a few mame specific inputs)
    - runs on smallest current possible (except if LEDs are used of course)
    - no crappy macro functions to avoid any sort of debate in tournaments

IF multi console detection and other gimmicky stuff goes hand in hand with delay or commons , I'd say stick with PC & a small number of consoles, or even only one system .

Let's wait for some crafty asian manufacturer to read this...

Yeah so my No Delay board seems to have gone missing in the post.
    Or they don't care.

Maybe I still have a spare PCB lying around here somewhere to salvage this stick...
    How long ago did you order?
  • FearlessFearless Joined: Posts: 407
    I have two Pc only pcbs similar to the ZD Encoder... and they only work on 32-bit OS, I've tried with XP, Vista, 7, both architectures but only be able to use them with 32-bit and they don't work with every emulator. Also, they look really cheap compared with the PS2/PS3/Pc version and yes, they came from a "crafty asian manufacturer" so, if you want all of those now standard features... it will take some time and a little bit more money if they ever get manufactured in the proper way.
    -And then you asked: What the Hell are you!?

Well, I shall say... I'm God's left hand... Devil's right arm...
  • deseradadeserada Joined: Posts: 564
    Can anyone confirm or deny that the PC ZD encoders are compatible with USB 3.0?

Most third party 360 controllers are not due to MS having dropped driver support, so I am seeking an affordable option for dualmods with aforementioned PCBs.
    I don't have a pc only model, I can check the usb 3.0 functionality with the ps2/ps3/pc model soon to soon-ish though.
    edited November 2014
    Tried it with SNES 9x, it works for me.
  • BernieBernie Dumb skeezers Joined: Posts: 1,799
    SNAAAAKE wrote: »
    anyone use this? works with xbox360 and dreamcast converter?

I've used it successfully with this:
    360_adapter.jpg

Not sure how the button config translates though, you might have to remap buttons in the games. I'm not 100% sure, but IIRC, I've used my DC converter (Total Control Plus) just fine with it too.

What converter exactly is that one? I snagged a couple of these PC/PS3/PS2 PCBs and I'm interested in getting it working with Xbox 360 as easy as possible. I'm not too concerned with lag issues unless it renders the experience completely unplayable. It's not that serious for me.

btw, same results here re: Total Control Plus DC converters. I think the shoulder buttons might not be mapped correctly but otherwise, it works fine.
  • devastatordevastator The Game Is The Game Joined: Posts: 1,437
    edited December 2014
    i have the zd encoder pc/ps3 version and i was wondering if anyone's found way to program the pcb to start up in the "green mode" led instead of the red? i have to switch to green everytime just to move around during practice/actual fighting in tekken tag 2. button inputs work fine and i can actually move up and down during the main menu screen with the red led, but it'd be nice to avoid having that extra button.
    "I aint got time to bleed"
  • RogerioCastroRogerioCastro Joined: Posts: 8
    Does anyone know tell me if this ZD rematch board works on ps2, if it works how to work, I heard that have a menu button, how acessing this menu, thank you!
    Yes, the ps2/ps3/pc version works on ps2. If I recall correctly (and I'm fairly sure I do), you don't need the menu/mode button connected unless you're using it on the ps3.
  • RogerioCastroRogerioCastro Joined: Posts: 8
    But I plug in my ps2 and the command not works, only in pcrvt7l2olcn6f.jpg
    lbrai9ip64op.jpg
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 479
    But I plug in my ps2 and the command not works, only in pc

Do you have the cable with a PSX connector, or only one with an USB? When I got mine, you'd have to ask specifically (and pay extra) for the cable with both PSX and USB.
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197