UMvC3 General Discussion: You can't control it.

Comments

• ChibiSawChibiSaw Joined: Posts: 305
    so.. i still have where trash talk? NICE ;_;
    sup guys? im going to purchase the game just now, i have woken up some minutes ago, so... LET'S BRING IT!!!
    i can fucking retain the hype, my fucking hands are trembling!!
    well, see you later guys :D
    ·
  • NMumw1017NMumw1017 Joined: Posts: 774
    XF3 Dog is really fucking fast.
    Yeah, I fucking love it. Weapon change in air and that speed boost made me think there was a serious reason she got nerfs everywhere else. She's gona take a bit of experimenting but I bet there are a lot of new tools she can use.
    ·
  • Bryanv2Bryanv2 BryanJ Joined: Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭
    So how is the mashing on a controller? Fanatiq during the CrossCounter Video said something similar to like ''One button dash..One button Mashing'' So Im guessing you CAN mash with RT/LT? If so, this would make me so happy lol. Dont have to go crazy for this stupid mechanic.
    UMVC3: Main : Dante/Vergil/Strider (mag). Alt 1#: Wolverine/Dante/Akuma. Alt 2# Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye. Alt 3#: Wesker/Anything
    Bait Reversal Fighter 4 AE: Main: Ken - Alts: Akuma, Seth, Ibuki. (Low HP lets go ;_;)
    BB CS2: Bang (Meh..), Makoto, Platinum
    Tekken 6: Raven, Lars, King
    ·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,020 ✭✭✭
    So how is the mashing on a controller? Fanatiq during the CrossCounter Video said something similar to like ''One button dash..One button Mashing'' So Im guessing you CAN mash with RT/LT? If so, this would make me so happy lol. Dont have to go crazy for this stupid mechanic.
    Mashing multiple buttons at the same time doesn't do anything, you can literally just mash one LM or H alone though and get max damage.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
  • quixotegutquixotegut Mash "H" for SMASH! Joined: Posts: 492
    Damn... thought I had the last post in the old thread.

SOMEBODY TELL ME THAT HULK SMASH... lie to me... I don't care. I can't play 'til tonight.

GAMMA IMPATIENCE!
    UMvC3: Frank West/Hulk/Dorm

XBL: Quixotegut

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • Geon78Geon78 Joined: Posts: 210
    I have to wait an eternity for my copy, you guys are so lucky :(
    BBCSE: Bang, Lambda, Noel
    KOFXIII: Ryo/EX Kyo/Terry
    UMVC3: Jill/Dante/Doom, Dante/Doom/Strider
    P4A: Akihiko, Shadow Labrys
    ·
  • metrokardmetrokard Joined: Posts: 936
    Hawkeye man that tracking arrow is awesome
    ·
  • GhostTearGhostTear BBLLOODDIIAA!!! Joined: Posts: 1,603
    I am getting this game the 18th.. I am so jealous.. fu Europe lol

I feel for you man. Was waiting all day in lectures thinking about UMVC3. Now the wait to go and get it.
    *!!!FENG FOR SKULLGIRLS!!!*
    ·
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else forgetting to mash? o_O
    ·
  • IcytorIcytor Joined: Posts: 534
    Lol totally forget to as well XD! no midnight release here but hey at least i can buy the game later today! Oh and that nemesis kara cancel crouching H. Mmmmm
    ·
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that everyone here feeling very happy to finally be able to get your hands on and enjoy the final copy of the game it's been a long time coming but it's finally finished. Unfortunately for me though, the game hasn't been released here yet and I'm stuck with having to study up for finals...
    Spoiler:
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    ·
  • Dark ShadowDark Shadow Joined: Posts: 39
    I am getting this game the 18th.. I am so jealous.. fu Europe lol
    I'm picking my copy from Awesome Games in Central London tomorrow......FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!
    ·
  • FUGITIVE_Trevis772FUGITIVE_Trevis772 Joined: Posts: 2
    someone told me that Rocket Racoon doesnt have an Air hyper? thought he might have had Rock and Roll (Lock and Load?) or the huge spring at least
    ·
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭✭
    The spring is air OK I believe.
    ·
  • ZReportZReport (╮°∀°)╮ ⌒┳━┳ Joined: Posts: 683
    And I hate every one of those people.

I don't have an issue with waiting until launch day, but it sucks because I know UPS is going to drop off my package with the game at the end of the day at the absolute last second of deliveries.
    Dude's gonna walk up to my doorstep with a trollface grin, then walk away laughing to himself.

You win this round, UPS guy.

ups.jpg
    Stride or Die. Shady Kermit said so.
    ·
  • EdingfieldEdingfield Joined: Posts: 69
    Any feedback on the netcode? Is it better than Vanilla? Way better? SSFIV like as Maximilian said?

its awesome. i played close to fifty matches last night in a 5 man lobby and there was hardly any lag at all. The issue feels resolved
    SF X TK : Ken // KING UMVC3 : Magnetoe // Dentinel // Doom SSFlVAEv.2012 : Deejay//Dudley
    PSN User : Edingfield
    ·
  • WrenWren Please...try harder Joined: Posts: 255
    So how much are trade-ins going for these days? Silly me forgot to preorder.

Though the costume I wanted was at best buy, and I dont think they take trade ins
    UMvC3: Wesker/Trish/Dr. Strange
    ·
  • AnemoneAnemone smug ass bitch Joined: Posts: 1,979
    Best Buy takes trades in, in fact you can trade in your game towards anything.
    /commercial
    ·
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Anyone else forgetting to mash? o_O
    Yeah, it's going to take some time till I remember doing it all the time.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
    ·
  • ToboTobo Objection! Joined: Posts: 58
    So... no new quotes for Morrigand and Spencer?
    MvC3: [Wesker/Super-Skrull/Tron]
    UMvC3: [Nova/Frank West/Super Skrull]
    Third Strike: [Dudley]
    Mortal Kombat: [Baraka/Noob]
    ·
  • GeneralHannibal_GeneralHannibal_ GeneralBlue Joined: Posts: 332
    My UPS guy got here before 11 am. Pretty cool. HUD isn't as bad as I thought it was,but I would like the other characters life bar's on my team to be brighter.
    ·
  • OnlyWingedAngelOnlyWingedAngel Nemesis T-Type Guru Extrodinare Joined: Posts: 9,496
    So how are everyone's Day 1 going? as they expected?
    UMvC3: Nemesis T-Type (y)/Hawkeye (a)/Strider Hiryu (y)
    SCV: Siegfried, Nightmare, Leixia, Mitsurugi TTT2: Lei Wulong/Marshall Law
    PSN: OnlyWingedAngel
    Nemesis T-Type - Tutorial and Combo Videos Here
    ·
  • nimznimz "Pocket Magneto" Joined: Posts: 31
    Got the game last night when I got home at 6PM. I did not leave my chair until 2AM and I completely forgot to get dinner. Ready for round 2 after work!
    ·
    well, at this moment im jizzing my pants and my hands are still trembling :D
    ·
  • Cee DizzyCee Dizzy The shit I don't like Joined: Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

My day one was good but my day 3 was so beast like. I went to an Ultimate MVC3 party. Had some bitching good dip and smashed on that spaghetti while playing UMVC3 for 5 hours straight with my Michigan Gaming Fam. I can't wait to get home... I might not do my homework tonight lol.
    https://www.facebook.com/FGCCoble <--- Friend me https://twitter.com/CeeDizzy313 <---- Follow UMVC3: Wolverine/Doom/Vergil, Team Nemo SF4: Fei Long, Rolento Injustice: Aquamane, TTT2: AK/Heihachi, Alex/Kuma
    ·
    My day one was good but my day 3 was so beast like. I went to an Ultimate MVC3 party. Had some bitching good dip and smashed on that spaghetti while playing UMVC3 for 5 hours straight with my Michigan Gaming Fam. I can't wait to get home... I might not do my homework tonight lol.
    what is homework?
    ·
  • beerMEorFEARmebeerMEorFEARme Stay thirsty my friends Joined: Posts: 1,115
    Just got it from Amazon now where the hell would my dlc codes be?
    "Are you the one telling me to beware? Cuz I'll tell you where to be" - Master Shake

PSN: beerMEorFEARme (UMvC3 & 3rd Strike) XBL: beerMEorF3ARme (UMvC3, AE, SFxT, Black Ops II)
    UMVC3: Nova/Doom/Ammy ... Still loyal to Ghost Rider
    ·
  • Cee DizzyCee Dizzy The shit I don't like Joined: Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    what is homework?

The stuff that Im not doing tonight lmao
    https://www.facebook.com/FGCCoble <--- Friend me https://twitter.com/CeeDizzy313 <---- Follow UMVC3: Wolverine/Doom/Vergil, Team Nemo SF4: Fei Long, Rolento Injustice: Aquamane, TTT2: AK/Heihachi, Alex/Kuma
    ·
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is homework?
    The stuff that Im not doing tonight lmao
    Ah, so it seems that you guys fall into the same category as me when it comes to homework...
    Spoiler:
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    ·
  • Epic SquidEpic Squid In Charge! Joined: Posts: 378
    It's not like two weeks is any less absurd than day 1; six months is the soonest anyone should be talking about tiers, and that is still way too soon. However, since the last thread was mostly just fan wanking, I don't really think posting one today would hurt anything *shrug*.
    1. this is not entirely a new game
    2. In today's day and age information travels very fast, so no, 2 weeks is not the same as 1 day in order to BEGIN discussing tiers... But whatever, I can care less either way.
    ·
  • otterotter PSN: MyBodyIsInfested Joined: Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭
    Dear Sony,

I want my DLC costumes.

Thank you,

otter
    ·
  • Robo-mitsuRobo-mitsu Shinobiest Bitch! Joined: Posts: 2,983
    Would like to grace the new thread by informing those of you who have the game already that I hate every single last one of you. As if Scottish people don't get enough shitty weather and general misery, we get videogames dead fucking last. Mustn't turn to heroin and alcoholism... Must wait till Friday... Gotta get down... on Friday...
    He has risen! I declare the 20th July National Ninja Day!

PSN: DemonKingLaharl (All the good usernames were taken. :sweat:)
    ·
  • ZReportZReport (╮°∀°)╮ ⌒┳━┳ Joined: Posts: 683
    1. this is not entirely a new game
    2. In today's day and age information travels very fast, so no, 2 weeks is not the same as 1 day in order to BEGIN discussing tiers... But whatever, I can care less either way.

Actually nah.

1) and 2) are still invalid. Even in this day and age, Vanilla MvC3 wasn't more than 40% uncovered. Information travels fast indeed, but there are only so few players out there discovering new tech [constantly]. And there still was a lot of tech to be found, even up until the last few days of Vanilla-- most of that has been reset, despite it not being a new game. It will still take at least a solid year to get a (real) tier list going. And in five years, that same list can and probably will be invalid.
    Stride or Die. Shady Kermit said so.
    ·
  • SpiosaurusSpiosaurus Wubadubaduba's that true? Joined: Posts: 1,309
    Ugh now that everyone has the game I somehow want to get it now as well, BUT NOPE LOL EUROPE. ~_~
    ·
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭
    Wait, so you can't buy all the alt. costumes right now?
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
    ·
  • AlidfeAlidfe Joined: Posts: 969
    I'm honestly not seeing the "herpgil" thing everyone's been whining about. Oh, sure, he's pretty solid overall and will probably be a scary force in tournaments. I'm just not seeing the derp factor. Pretty much everything he does is punishable if he doesn't burn a bar, which means something in this game. He doesn't have any crazy universal option either. Plus, even if he does hit you, the damage is unimpressive unless you're playing Strider or unless he's willing to spend a ton of meter and/or XF.

Fraud Vergils I met in casuals or online so far have all been totally free because he's so easy to punish and does such terrible damage if you don't know combos and resets.
    ·
  • Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭
    new crack in case anyone is interested

Magneto/Doom/Dante | Magneto/Doom/Phoenix | Magneto/Morrigan/Doom
    PSN: davidyes
    ·
  • OnlyWingedAngelOnlyWingedAngel Nemesis T-Type Guru Extrodinare Joined: Posts: 9,496
    • First Ragequit rage message of the UMVC3 "Farter, u lagg like a hoe bouncin on a big cock, fix ur connection and come to face me again, fruity ass farter, go fart away"[SIZE=11px]If anyone is on PSN [/SIZE][SIZE=11px]Batman Suit is a Ragequiter do not play him he's trying to keep his scruby 0 losses streak.[/SIZE]
    ·
  • Noble CactusNoble Cactus In name only. Joined: Posts: 8,452
    I hope that everyone here feeling very happy to finally be able to get your hands on and enjoy the final copy of the game it's been a long time coming but it's finally finished. Unfortunately for me though, the game hasn't been released here yet and I'm stuck with having to study up for finals...
    Spoiler:
    I feel you. It's going to be a long wait for me. I should probably just lurk for a while.

Nah who am I kidding.
    • First Ragequit rage message of the UMVC3 "Farter, u lagg like a hoe bouncin on a big cock, fix ur connection and come to face me again, fruity ass farter, go fart away"[SIZE=11px]If anyone is on PSN [/SIZE][SIZE=11px]Batman Suit is a Ragequiter do not play him he's trying to keep his scruby 0 losses streak.[/SIZE]

Farter…? The hell?
    "No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell."
    - Jung
    ·
  • dantemustdiedantemustdie I can haz hadouken? Joined: Posts: 1,151
    And I hate every one of those people.

I don't have an issue with waiting until launch day, but it sucks because I know UPS is going to drop off my package with the game at the end of the day at the absolute last second of deliveries.
    Dude's gonna walk up to my doorstep with a trollface grin, then walk away laughing to himself.

You win this round, UPS guy.

Bwahaha, UPS guy came around 11am.
    It looks like I actually win this round, UPS guy.
    Time to get all up in this bitch, yeaaah
    psn: dante_must_die
    ·
  • HellsyngeHellsynge Joined: Posts: 368
    I keep repeating Foolishness , Dante. Foolishness.

Even to my boss and co-workers.
    PSN: Hellsynge
    XBL: Hellsynge
    ·
  • MomochuuMomochuu Little ♥ Monster Joined: Posts: 14,429 ✭✭✭
    Already people are ragequitting. Combo into reset on Wesker with Zero, dead Wesker, Sougenmu up, call Jam Session, his Doom comes in, "connection to the opponent has been lost".

( '_>')
    Dante Combo Thread | Youtube Channel | Dante Tech Thread | @HelloKarinachuu
    UMvC3: Morrigan (α)/Dante (α)/ Doctor Doom (β)| Persona 4 Arena: Mitsuru/Shadow Labrys
    XBL Gamertag: Hello Momomo
    ·
  • SpiosaurusSpiosaurus Wubadubaduba's that true? Joined: Posts: 1,309
    Did you by any chance use Wright, Rocky or Firebrand? If not, then that's not even all the salt.

lmao i cant wait
    ·
    dammit, on some way i have ordered umvc3 delivery service, but they didn't come still!! FUCK
    ·
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭
    Already people are ragequitting. Combo into reset on Wesker with Zero, dead Wesker, Sougenmu up, call Jam Session, his Doom comes in, "connection to the opponent has been lost".

( '_>')

I guess that answers that question.
    <======================
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
    ·

( '_>')
    Did you by any chance use Wright, Rocky or Firebrand? If not, then that's not even all the salt.

lmao i cant wait

Beat him with my main team that is working very effectively so far (Nemmy/Dorm/Strider) I'd think he was just really mad that he lost to Nemesis or crazy Strider crossups but he's just trying to keep his record clean. What a fool. I've had 3 ragequiters already. Ragers gonna Rage.
    ·
  • Sir_FlawlessSir_Flawless Joined: Posts: 174
    Um I know this is going to sound extremely stupid, but what is the difference between unfly and refly? Is unfly just when you fly at some point in the air combo, then do whatever sequence, then you deactivate fly and drop down while doing some more stuff? And if thats right, how exactly do you do refly then? Do you just leave fly mode on the whole time, and keep moving up?
    U MvC 3: OMG, THIS GAME IS SO AMAZING, There are sooooooo many people I want to use, but I will say that Spider-Man and Iron Man are my 2 mains ATM.
    SF 4: IDK,, Maybe Guy
    SF x Tekken: Hwoarang & Rolento
    KOF XIII: Kyo, Kim, King
    ·
    Beat him with my main team that is working very effectively so far (Nemmy/Dorm/Strider) I'd think he was just really mad that he lost to Nemesis or crazy Strider crossups but he's just trying to keep his record clean. What a fool. I've had 3 ragequiters already. Ragers gonna Rage.
    don't worry, the first month is full of casuals, them would drop the game late this month (or this week)
    ·
  • x3dl33x3dl33 sword normals ftw Joined: Posts: 70
    Ok I just tested every character that has an air-ok hyper, and Akuma is the only one that CAN'T do air-hyper XFC air-hyper. After doing an air-hyper and x-factor, I input motions for another hyper and only a fireball ever comes out. Whats the deal with this? I mentioned this earlier but I find it really weird that Akuma is the ONLY char that can't do this...
    UMVC3: Trish, Task, Akuma / Wolv, Task, Akuma
    Tekken 5/6: Nina Williams
    ·
  • PlanchePlanche Joined: Posts: 335 ✭✭
    Pretty sure it's supposed to be his new Harbinger costume for next year. There was a preview of it in Marvel's Point One issue. From the looks of it, this is an alternate universe Nova flying around the warning people of the Phoenix Force coming and destroying worlds or some stuff. Jeph Loeb's gonna be writing it, so I'm not sure on whether I'll like it or not.
    Spoiler:
    Nah, I doubt Nova's alt is supposed to be that one, too many differences in the design such as helmet and armband colours/shape for it to be that. I looked up his classic outfit, which it seems closer to it at a glance, but there's still a few differences to it that make it not quite the same thing. So I'm not sure if the outfit is from a particular design or Capcom just decided to adjust it somewhat for whatever reason. Looks closest to this one as far as I could find:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Richard_Rider_(Earth-20051)
    ·