UMvC3 General Discussion: You can't control it.

Comments

• Tomo009Tomo009 Joined: Posts: 2,215
    Why does everyone hate the PS3 version of UMvC3?
    Because Capcom didn't even try when porting it, it has frame rate drops when there is a lot of stuff on screen. It isn't too bad, but if there are multiple install supers and assists or hypers, it's noticeable.
  • ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭
    Why does everyone hate the PS3 version of UMvC3?
    It drops inputs randomly, and it's not just perception, it's been tested, and the thing drops inputs all the time.
    It's Capcom's fault though for being so bad at porting games.
    3DS Friend Code: 1392-4119-7524 3DS name: Zebster Pokemon X in game name: Zebia
    It drops inputs randomly, and it's not just perception, it's been tested, and the thing drops inputs all the time.
    It's Capcom's fault though for being so bad at porting games.
    Now that, is incorrect. It does drop frames though. I have NEVER experienced input drops except online and I practice on PS3 exclusively.
  • gottnoskillgottnoskill Joined: Posts: 849

Just thought you guys would enjoy it or at least enlighten you on these just-frame glitches.

Nothing amazing or game-changing but if you guys are interested in the outcomes of throws and command throws when specific things hit them on the same frame then here it is.

Also some of my stupid humor.
    Now that, is incorrect. It does drop frames though. I have NEVER experienced input drops except online and I practice on PS3 exclusively.
    Dude, I saw someone testing it with a macro'd inputs from a programmable controller (from different controllers to be sure it wasn't just a faulty controller) repeating a combo, and every once in a while it would fail at repeating it correctly.
    Dude, I saw someone testing it with a macro'd inputs from a programmable controller (from different controllers to be sure it wasn't just a faulty controller) repeating a combo, and every once in a while it would fail at repeating it correctly.
    Strange that it never drops inputs when you do it manually then, isn't it? I've never once seen an input not come up on the input display in training mode. I also can feel when I've dropped my combos in training and know why it is. This is since Vanilla, dropped inputs is something you really notice (like online, where it is horrible).

Maybe the actual macro itself was slightly off.
    *edit: Let me just not bother here.
    Well I didn't see your post before you edited it. Were you testing under different environments? The game would only drop inputs when it starts to drop frames, which usually takes a lot of characters on the screen with large flashes everywhere.
    You know, I just realized that I may have misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were trying to say that it never drops inputs at all.
    But anyway, it was only tested in the Training Room, the place that was supposed to have the least amount of lag, doing a combo with one character.
    It was the C-Viper seismo cancel infinite. The effects from the seismo might have been enough to cause the game to drop frames since the seismo cancel was every other move.
  • drendren Joined: Posts: 353
    I don't have the game at the moment. I have a question about the mechanics of THCs and assist calls. Are THCs like TACs where you can call an assist then THC while that assist is on cooldown and only the non-cooldown teammate comes out for the THC?
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 809 ✭✭✭
    I know what Zebster is talking about...it was Fanatiq who was doing that testing. You might still be able to find it in his archives..but it was awhile back.
  • WonderswanWonderswan PUTTIN' QUARTERS UP Joined: Posts: 684
    Does anyone know where all that stage lag stuff originated? And how people found out that the snow stage was the least laggy of them all? I would have thought original training room since it doesn't really have any active graphics or additional 3d models animating. It's just weird to find these things out. I remember vanilla asgard being the only problematic stage.
    "A capacity for unlimited effort will hurdle the difficulties that frustrate lukewarm enthusiasts." - Loomis
  • theglucrutheglucru Joined: Posts: 2
    Is there a consistent way to execute :d::df::f::atk::d::df::f::atk::atk:without accidentally doing a lvl 3?
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz It's time for the World Tournament! Joined: Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not easily. You can plink it, but that really doesn't help much. You just have to make your motions really clean and overexaggerated. Which moves are you talking about?
    "I believe in infinite possibilities! I'll keep trying to reach the highest point possible, no matter what!" -Ryo Sakazaki
    "Mafia games... I break dat.
    Jesus Toast™... I bake dat." -The Chief
    "Forgive me Father, for I play Vergil"
    -AlphaCommando
  • theglucrutheglucru Joined: Posts: 2

Not easily. You can plink it, but that really doesn't help much. You just have to make your motions really clean and overexaggerated. Which moves are you talking about?
    mainly wesker cobra strike > super so i can get him to the middle of the screen if im in the corner
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz It's time for the World Tournament! Joined: Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion would be to pick Iron Fist, go to training, and put input display on. Do some quarter circle moves slowly until you can see only quarter circles and no extra directions. Then do two quarter circle moves chained and try to get only two clean quarter circles. Do the same for three motions if you want to make sure you have it down. The important thing is to be consistent, even if you can't do them quickly. This applies to Wesker and other characters in the same way. If you're getting a shoryuken motion special/super when doing this tone down the speed a bit until you can get two clean quarter circles.
    "I believe in infinite possibilities! I'll keep trying to reach the highest point possible, no matter what!" -Ryo Sakazaki
    -AlphaCommando
  • TEVALETEVALE Joined: Posts: 52
    quick question, trying to buy the alts costumes but cant find where to. anyone kno? i have the game on, main menu looking everywhere but no lock :(
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; "top of the idiots" Joined: Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEVALE wrote: »
    quick question, trying to buy the alts costumes but cant find where to. anyone kno? i have the game on, main menu looking everywhere but no lock :(
    There's no in-game menu to buy DLC, you need to go to the XBL Marketplace/PSN Store to get it.
    UMvC3: Wolverine/Doctor Doom/Dante
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    "The snow fell across the living, and the [flagged as spam]." - Smoothjazz101
    "hamtaro is a parable to the struggle of life" - Scrubeks
  • JookeyJookey You have faced a knight, and lost! Joined: Posts: 68
    The Offical Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Youtube channel just updated their "Trailers" playlist a few hours ago. This means they're tiding it up for when they annouce Uncanny Marvel Vs Capcom 3 soon, right? RIGHT!? :tinfoilhat:
  • shinquickmanshinquickman Joined: Posts: 900
    Probably a vid of Niitsuma eating a box-full of donuts again...
    XBL Gamertag: shadowman2099
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD fartboner Joined: Posts: 2,113
    Jookey wrote: »
    The Offical Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Youtube channel just updated their "Trailers" playlist a few hours ago. This means they're tiding it up for when they annouce Uncanny Marvel Vs Capcom 3 soon, right? RIGHT!? :tinfoilhat:

Capcom is finally fixing TAC infinites, Vergil, Zero, nerfing Hidden Missiles + Morrigan and making your favorite shit low tier character actually good EVERYBODY GET HYPE!
    Spoiler:
  • JookeyJookey You have faced a knight, and lost! Joined: Posts: 68
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD fartboner Joined: Posts: 2,113
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,850 ✭✭✭
    Lmao at jokes regarding MarlinPie being screwed by combo counter glitch infinites, because MarlinPie only holds forward lol. Didn't really need to explain that to people but I found it quite hillarious.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
  • JediLinkJediLink Has 100%'d Super Smash Bros Melee Joined: Posts: 719
    I just thought of something. You know how we have all sorts of different playstyles right? Like:
    -Rushdown
    -Keepaway
    -Turtling
    -Lockdown
    -etc.

Well I propose that we add a new one to that list, based on one of the more prevalent strategies we see nowadays (especially online). I call it "Dark Slayer".

© JediLink 2013
    UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Hiryu and Wright/Akuma/Hiryu
    Melee and Project M: Marth
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭✭
    When I search "umvc3 haggar shuma strider" into google images:
    29201866.jpg
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • thriftstore gestapothriftstore gestapo Joined: Posts: 7
    hey im looking for some people to play against. I am hoping to gain some tips on a new team as well as advice on what direction i should go with my team.Im hoping to create drastic changes and to see opinions on which team is better and will do better in the future. therefor,my old team: morrigan,capt america, frank west. the new team to be dante,capt america and frank west. ive noticed that the jam session assist works great and im able to establish a level three or four frank with it.I realy dont want to stop using capt but if it would be better to get rid of him my other options include: haggar,spencer,magneto,ryu,wolverine,storm. those characters are the only ones i feel comfortable and solid with.Much appreciated!
  • Donavan BarrrettDonavan Barrrett Joined: Posts: 19
    okay I didn't know where to post this. I play Marvel on PS3 and I use Morrigan and I can easily chuck soul fists and do soul fist combos and soul drains...however i went to my first tourny yesterday..and they played on xbox..and when i got there,and played a casual, my morrigan couldn't zone very well at all. Is the lag on PS3 THAT much different from the lag on XBox?
    Yeah, same thing happens to me when going from Xbox to PS3. It gets better if you play on both systems but that first time it's pretty jarring, especially right before a tournament when you're already nervous.
    -AlphaCommando
  • AvariceXAvariceX Joined: Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Was there an update recently? I haven't played Marvel on my Xbox since Injustice came out but I just got prompted for a 3MB update.

Actually I just remembered my XBL profile was corrupt this week and I had to re-sync it, which might explain this.
    Post edited by AvariceX on
    UMvC3: Firebrand/Zero/Dante MvC2: MSP
    SFIV: Juri | 3S: Yun| ST: Chun, Ryu
    BB: Terumi, Makoto, u-12 | IGAU: Hawkgirl
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭✭
    AvariceX wrote: »
    Was there an update recently? I haven't played Marvel on my Xbox since Injustice came out but I just got prompted for a 3MB update.

Actually I just remembered my XBL profile was corrupt this week and I had to re-sync it, which might explain this.

Here I was hoping for Vergil nerfs... :(
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭
    @abegen21
    Breaking news:
    Nemo will go to Evo2013.

Shit just got real.
    Ota City's Finest!
    My dumbass twitter: @discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Main Squad - Nova β Doom α Ammy β
    Side Projects - Nova/Strange/Ammy, Ammy/Strange/Dante, Viper/someone/someone (MODOK/Ammy atm)
    Aquapazza: Chizuru Guilty Gear: want to learn Eddie SSF4AE: Juri (may pick up Elena in USF4)
  • Chukz15Chukz15 Low Tier Option select is the future. Joined: Posts: 488 ✭✭
    "BEGINNER LOBBY"

Tod combos -_-
    PSN:Chukz15
    GFWL: Darkerfire706
    Skill level: D tier
    Injustice: Superman, Batman
    Mahvel:Nova/Vergil/Hawkeye alt Wolverine/Doom/Vergil
    SSFIV: Dan/Balrog

• HT_BoschHT_Bosch Event Organizer Joined: Posts: 13
    Gotta say the PS3 lag will mess me up in the coming weeks.

Hosting my own monthly on 360 on the 11th, followed by ECT V the week after:/
    Event coordinator of my local scene. : https://www.facebook.com/HostileTakeoverGaming
    UMVC3: Zero/Doom/Dante, plus various Zero shells.
    "Life is all about resolve. Outcome is secondary."
  • Chef BorjanChef Borjan Joined: Posts: 807
    Question.

What determines how often you can juggle an assist, say with Dorm's purification? They pop out after a while....
  • forte95forte95 Summoner of the Power Joined: Posts: 139 ✭✭
    IIRC, if there is no point character out and the assist is getting hit, like after a happy birthday, you basically just get 4 seconds until they become invulnerable. I think this only works if the assist you're beating up on is the character that's supposed to come in next. Check the Hyper Guide for a more definite answer.
    Mag/Dorm/Jam

Credits for avatar: RieyTails from deviantART
  • Xr0s-upXr0s-up Goomy!!! Joined: Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    @abegen21
    Breaking news:
    Nemo will go to Evo2013.

Shit just got real.

he lost to chou in KVO2013
    UMvC3 Mains: Nova/Doctor Doom/Amaterasu
    Secondary Teams: Nova/Doctor Strange/Amaterasu; Phoenix Wright/Vergil/Strider
    USFIV: Blanka

Blogs for Beginners in UMvC3

Please, call me Dental Plan
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭
    Xr0s-up wrote: »
    @abegen21
    Breaking news:
    Nemo will go to Evo2013.

Shit just got real.

he lost to chou in KVO2013

He still posted on twitter that his intention is to go to EVO; 2nd place still gets seeding points. I believe Chou, Frieda, Abegen, and another handful of Japanese players will be attending as well. Kusoru's a 50/50 as usual.
    Ota City's Finest!
    UMvC3:
    Side Projects - Nova/Strange/Ammy, Ammy/Strange/Dante, Viper/someone/someone (MODOK/Ammy atm)
    Aquapazza: Chizuru Guilty Gear: want to learn Eddie SSF4AE: Juri (may pick up Elena in USF4)
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭
    i dont care as long as i get to see Chris G Cry his eyes out
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Upcoming FighterUpcoming Fighter Joined: Posts: 277
    Since people want a new marvel Ive went to the trouble of making a huge changelist of what id like see done to the game.

System Changes

1. TAC's do not causes infinite hitstun, they now start at 0 and hitstun scales at a normal rate.

2. If you guess an opponents TAC correctly now after the wall bounce you can combo them (you fall faster to the ground than them.) The damage of this combo is scaled to do half of the damage it normally would do, also your wallbounce is used up.

3. Air throw break window is extended by 3 frames.

4. Air throws only work now if you input forward or back H.

5. You can no longer whiff chainable light moves.

6. Damage is toned down across the board by 10%.

7. Certain Glitches on a character to character bases are removed. (such as the vergil sword escape glitch.)

8. Snapbacks have more startup invincibility.

9. X factor lv.3 is now xfactor lv.2, x factor lv.2 is now x factor lv. 1 and x factor lv.1 is just as long as the old xfactor lv.1 time but it yeilds no damage bonuses, the speed bonus is the same as the new xfactor lv2 bonuses.

Character Changes

Akuma

Buffs: 1. Lvl. 3 Demon super travels faster and on hit gives you enough time to otg with your flip kick.

2. You can now demon flip into tatsu by inputting S during the flip, (it's used to cross up opponents during the demon flip mixup)

3. His teleport has had its recovery decreased and its speed increased.

4. Teleport can be cancelled up until halfway through the animation into any of his supers or an assist can be called until the halfway point.

5. By inputting two buttons after his demon flip akuma does his grab that hits if you are close to your opponent in air or on ground (can be teched in air) akuma throws the opponent into a hard knockdown state fullscreen away (except in corner) in corner you can otg dive kick to continue a combo and from fullscreen you can jump otg super.

6. By holding the M button after doing a demon flip akuma will come down to the ground and do a trip move that hits low and is comboable after by hitting do to it popping the opponent high enough.

Ameterasu

Buffs: 1. Damage increased by 15%.

2. Okami Shuffle now hits fullscreen until the animation is finished, (meaning there are no gaps to punish it or create mixups.)

Arthur

Buffs: 1. His DP M sword move has less startup is 0 on block, and is completely invincible except if arthur is hit from behind.

2. Armor lasts 1/3 percent longer.

3. When arthur pops out of his armor he goes into an untechable knockdown, it is impossible to combo after he pops out of his armor.

4. Arthur can triple jump in his Super armor mode.

5. He gets a 15% damage increase.

6. He can now build meter during gold armor.

Captain America

Buffs: 1. Shield Slash has less startup, less recovery and travels faster.

2. Final Justice can punish from fullscreen distance on the ground (or near), has only 1 frame of startup and puts the opponent into a hard knockdown state.

3. Flip move is changed to S + Button, the button determines how fast captain america flips.

4. All versions of the flip move are sped up.

5. Shield Slash goes through all projectiles, (is treated as a physical hit).

6. Charging Star Special and super are projectile invincible.

7. Stars and Stripes special has some startup invincibility.

Chris Redfield

Buffs: 1. Lvl. 3 super is completely invincible until he hits his recovery animation.

2. Chris can now throw all versions of grenade in the air (except land mine).

3. Prone state now has less recovery go into it and leaving it.

4. In prone state you can now use all versions of grenades as well as all of his weapons.

5. Chris can now enter a new state on the ground where he lays on his back aiming diagonal upward by inputting down down S (state is from re6.) in this mode he can use all of his weapon specials except land mine.

Chun Li

Buffs: 1. Kikoken super hitbox enlarged to cover chunli from all sides and is completely safe on block.

2. Damage is increased on her lv.3 super and it causes a hard knockdown state.

3. Chun Li now has her very fast hasancho flip move from street fighter, it hit overhead and cause ground bounce on air hit and crumples grounded foes, the input is QCB plus a button the button press determines the range.

4. All versions of her hadoken move travel fullscreen are faster and have lest recover, and now when they hit airborn opponents cause a hard knockdown state, and on grounded opponents cause a crumple state.

5. She now has an ex hadoken (done by charge back (until glowing) then pressing forward plus Button) that has a ton of durability and almost no recovery, as well as a the fireball size being larger, large enough for chun li to be covered by it (its speed is determined by the button press.)

6. Invincibility on startup of dp k, on hit it causes a soft knockdown state (on point or as an assist.)

7. cr.l is now a low.

8. Ground throws now leave opponents in a hard knockdown state with time to combo from it.

9. Damage increased by 15%

10. Forward H speed has been doubled.

Crimson Viper

Nerfs: 1. It now takes longer for C. Vipers unblockable to chargeup.

Dante

Buffs: 1. Jet Stream and Dance Macabre damage increased by 25%

2. Damage increased by 10%

Nerfs: 1. Jam Session now causes puts opponents in full blockstun that way opponents cant be fuzzy guarded.

Deadpool

Buffs: 1. Damage on all gun moves and gun supers increased by 5%.

2. Durability on gun moves and supers increased, startup slightly decreased on them as well.

3. Level 3 activates when hit by any kind of hit or throw including projectiles and assist hits, if hit by the assist character or a character no longer on screen then it will hit the opponents current character.

4. lvl 3 only flashes when triggered.

5. Level 3 is completely invincible and has no recovery.

6. Add old voice overs that said " I love me some guns and I love me some pineapple" everytime he used his guns.

7. Overall Damage increased by 10%.

Doctor Doom

Nerfs: 1. When doom is hit during the hidden missiles assist all missiles disappear.

Doctor Strange

Buffs: 1. Now has a forward and backward air dash.

2. Eye of Agamotto and Daggers of Denact do not disappear when strange is hit (unless hit during startup.)

3. Fireball Speed overall increased significantly when there are more hosts of hoggoth on screen.

4. Launch is now -8 on block.

5. Lvl. 3 does 15% more damage.

6. Recovery on hit for spell of vishanti is decreased

Dormmamu

Buffs: 1. Gains back vanilla status on flame carpet where when dormmamu is hit flame carpet doesnt disappear (unless hit during startup.)

Felicia

Buffs: 1. Hit stun from sonic ball is increased and hit stun deterioration decreased, also recovery on the move is decreased.

2. Felicia switch sides move is sped up significantly.

3. The small cat during felicias cat super speed is increased significantly.

4. Lvl. 3 causes a hard knockdown state and does 5% more damage.

5. By holding S while clinging to the wall you can now charge your meter.

6. Damage increased by 15%.

7. Wall Grab now works with super jumps.

Firebrand

Buffs: 1. Luminous Body now also heals red health slowly.

2. Damage increased by 15%.

Frank West

Buffs: 1. When throwing up he becomes unhittable and just falls afterward going into a knockdown.

2. There is now a throw up timer to show when the throw up will occur.

3. Picture now does 1 point of damage and is a fullscreenmove (horizontal hitbox in front of frank west) that doesnt rely on a durability point system so it will hit unblocking foes unless they are using invincible moves.

4. When frank west is tagged out all effects of drinking reset including not having to throw up.

5. Damage increased by 10%.

6. Camera on hit recovery is now halved.

Ghost Rider

Buffs: 1. Given Double Jump

2. Qcf M is now being exchanged for a quick whip move that slams down similar to the end of his chain super that hits overhead ground bounces on hit, Qcf H is now exchanged for and unblockable whip move where ghost rider lassos into it (the amount of time for it to come out is similar to taskmasters unblockable) he is not naturally able to combo from it but it can be super cancelled, QCF L is now a low hitting whip move where ghost rider quickly whits the chain around then sweeps low, covers most of the ground, on hit causes knockdown (cannot naturally combo from this).

3. Whip Super increased by 25%.

4. All versions of Motorcycle do 15% more damage. The L version is now invincible an very fast (similar to bionic arm), the M version is now safe on block and the H version does the most damage (extra 5%) and is the only one that otg's, the S verison ghost rider jumps off his bike after summoning it sending the bike forward but allowing you to use the bike as a way to control space.

5. Damage on chain bullets increased by 20%.

6. Forward H in air is now a diagonal up chain attack similar to a reflection of ghost riders jumping S.

7. QCF S is now ghost riders old QCF L move.

Hagger

Buffs: 1. Hagger no longer loses health for using lariot assist or on point.

2. Recovery time after otg backdrop kick on hit/block and whiff is halved.

3. Hard knockdown state given back to lariot assist and on point.

Hawkeye

Buffs: 1. Now has Double Jump.

2. Slight speed increase on all arrows specials including supers.

3. Damage on all arrow specials and supers are increased by 5%.

4. Lmh chain will always work on hit standing or crouching.

5. cr. m range increased.

6. Recovery decreased after Gimlet super.

7. Overall Damage increase by 10%.

Hsien-ko

Buffs: 1. Her speed is increased overall, her speed on air dash increased significantly (changed from walking animation to running animation.)

2. Pinwheel special is now a dash and normal cancellable move, also it is speed up significantly with startup decreased.

3. Gong Assist is now H version.

4. All versions of gong travel 1/3 further on screen and there is alot less recovery on gong now.

5. Ankiho can now be done in air.

6. Damage increased by 15%.

7. Gold Armor super time increased by 1/3.

Hulk

Buffs: 1. Ground Throw now gives you time for hulk to otg from it.

2. Hulks armored wall bounce punch special is speed up to make it easier to combo into, also has slightly less startup.

3. X factor gives hulk speed boosts now.

4. Health is now 1,250,000.

5. Supers damage increased by 15%.

Iron Fist

Buffs: 1. Now has a Double jump.

2. Air M becomes the same hitbox and animation as st. M.

3. Air M causes a slow falling hard knockdown state on hit, with alot of time to otg (similar to foot dive).

4. Dash speed improved.

5. New Ki move dpS that will give him the speed ki, it increases his speed overall by 25%.

6. All Ki techniques improved effects by 5%.

7. Lv. 3 damage increased and causes crumple state afterwards.

8. Overhead kick special and low kick special is now sped up to be nonreactable.

9. Lmhs chains work on airborne opponents.

10. Air throws and ground throws are now easier to otg from (time in otg state is similar to dooms foot dive.)

11. Lunge kick assist and on point now has more startup invincibility and is now fully projectile invincible.

12. Alpha Counter Lunge kick is now fully invincible.

13. Iron Rage is fully invincible.

14. Volcanic Roar covers everything above (even off screen) iron fist and its damage is increased by 20%.

15. Health is now 1,100,100

16. Startup time decreased for rising fang.

Iron Man

Buffs: 1. Startup decreased for all unibeams on point and as assist.

2. Cr. H now goes fullscreen horizontally and hits low.

3. Ground Dash can be cancelled into attacks.

4. Launcher has more range to help its comboability.

5. Smart Bombs input is now S+Button, all versions are sped up have a larger hitbox and have less recovery.

6. Depending on the button press smart bombs trajectory is altered.

7. Double Jump taken away is returned.

8. Smart Bombs on hit cause a long hard knockdown state, (similar to how long the state is after dooms foot dive.)

9. Damage increased by 10%.

Jill

Buffs: 1. Startup and recovery is halved for arrow knee and double down knee specials.

2. Raven Spike Damage increased by 20%.

3. Damage increased by 15%.

MODOK

Buffs: 1. Hyper Psyonic Blaster damage increased by 20%.

2. Body Attack Super is projectile invincible.

3. Damage increased by 10%.

4. Command grab super is now air ok.

Magneto

Buffs: 1. Disrupter is returned to its vanilla marvel status.

2. Air Dash Speed Returned back to vanilla marvel status.

3. Counter special when triggers activates beam faster and you are able to combo after the juggle due to recovery being decreased.

Nerfs: 1. Meter building is decreased overall by 1/3.

Morrigan

Buffs: 1. Damage increased by 10%.

Nerfs: 1. Only Builds meter during astral super when hitting opponent.

Nemesis

Buffs: 1. Damage from specials and supers increased by 15%.

2. Lv. 3 now has full invincibility.

3. Rush super is fully armored and is safe on block, (depending how much hit stun deterioration has occurred you can connect a S after this super).

4. Full Armor given on clothesline assist.

5. Clothesline L is 0 on block.

6. Clothesline M and H are very positive on block if the rocket part is blocked.

7. Rocket super recovery on hit is decreased significantly to allow time for setups.

8. Dp M is now an overhead, Dp L is now a low and Dp H is now +1 on block.

9. Dp M assist is now an overhead.

Nova

Buffs: 1. All versions of Gravemetric Pulse durability is increased by 1/3 hits.

2. Gravemetric Blaster super does 20% more damage.

Pheonix

Buffs: 1. Health changed to 700,000.

Pheonix Wright

Buffs: 1. Maya stays out for 1/3 longer.

2. Maya protecting hitbox is vertically increased to help protect you and your assists better (maya will defend from all attacks unless you physically get over her.

3. Order in the court super no long knocks back pheonix wright meaning it has basically no recovery.

4. Questioning and Cross Examination start up time is decreased by 1/2 to make it easier for them to hit foes and combo.

5. There is a Maya Icon near your meter that will light up when you can call maya again also it takes 1/4 less time for maya to be available than before.

6. All of pheonix wrights assist in tournabout mode are fully invincible and unpunishable.

7. Throwing fake evidence has less recovery.

8. Maya Super is now invincible.

9. Qcf S now sends out the dog as a low hitting projectile.

10. stand S on block is now -8.

11. During Turnabout mode the dog assist on hit puts the opponent in a capture state with the dog biting on their leg.

12. Paper Throw assist in turnabout mode throws 2 times the amount of paper.

13. After hitting Questioning 3 times your opponent is sent into a stun state.

14. Damage increased by 10%.

Rocket Racoon

2. Time Spring super stays out is increased by 1/4 its time.

Ryu

Buffs: 1. Denjin Mode super duration is doubled.

2. Denjin mode no longer slowly reduces ryus health.

3. Denjin mode heals your red health slowly.

4. Tatusmaki super now has more startup invincibility and leaves opponent in hard knockdown state.

5. no charge time required now for dpS and QCF S during denjin mode.

6. During Denjin mode Charged hadoken has hyper durability, (Meaning it goes through everything.)

7. During Denjin mode ryus charged shoryuken is fully invincible, including his dp assist (until he starts to fall during recovery.)

8. During Denjin mode QCF S mash shoots six hadokens that go fullscreen.

9. During Denjin mode Hadoken assist sends out six mashed hadokens.

10. During Denjin mode tatsumaki on point or as an assist has the exact same projectile nullifying properties of akumas tatsumaki assist and hitbox size.

11. Damage during Denjin mode increased by 15%.

12. Tatsumaki super during denjin mode is fully invincible and 0 on block.

13. Can OTG from ground throw.

14. The more beam strands that hit the opponent with ryu's denjin hadoken super the more damage it does.

15. New move given as QCB S, it is a fake fireball animation that has no recovery, (can be done in air) also builds a little meter (will still build meter even during denjin mode.)

16. New move given as backwards Z motion S, it is evil ryu's overhead attack from ssf4, it is invincible to low attacks, hits overhead, is plus on block and ground bounces on hit.

17. Hadoken Durability doubled during denjin mode.

Nerfs: 1. Only builds meter during denjin mode by hitting the opponent. (similar to morrigan astral vision.)

Sentinel

Buffs: 1. Health raised to 1,200,000.

2. Flight speed increased.

3. Invisible wall after the command grab is removed and the distance it sends the opponent is halved.

4. Normals Chip, but only do 10% chip damage unlike the way normal chip damage works, (similar to mvc2.)

5. Hyper Sentinel Force gains its old status from vanilla marvel.

Nerfs: 1. Sentinel drones assist has its gaps tightened further.

She-Hulk

Buffs: 1. Give her back her chainable lights from vanilla marvel.

2. Giver her back her slide range from vanilla marvel.

3. Speed and range of Lamppost is increased significantly, it has also been given 1 hit of armor.

4. Lamppost is safe on block when when spaced at certain distances.

5. Damage increased by 10%.

6. Increase invincibility on anti air grab super to be like it was in vanilla.

Shuma-Gorath

Buffs: 1. You can no longer be thrown out of mystic smash.

2. Mystic smash's hitbox is adjusted to out prioritize most normals.

3. Speed of all versions of mystic smash are increased by 1/3.

4. Hyper Mystic Smash is now invincible and its recovery is halved.

5. Faster Air Dash and ground dash.

6. Air S causes hard knockdown and is 0 block.

7. Command Grab special doesnt scale and causes a groundbounce on hit.

8. Damage increased by 10%.

Spencer

Nerfs: 1. Zip lines all scale like a normal combo hit.

Spider-Man

Buffs: 1. Can now otg easier off ground throws.

2. Web ball durability improved and speed doubled.

3. Crawler assault hitbox improved so opponent doesnt fall out of super.

4. Web ball on hit keeps you in a stun state longer on point and as an assist.

5. Spider swing assist now causes soft knockdown state.

6. Alter hitboxes on standing, crouching and air M to allow for better footsies, air to airs and overheads.

7. Cr. L speed slightly sped up.

8. Two web zips are now allowed in the air. ( Still follow min 3 specials limit in air)

9. Damage increased by 10%

Storm

Buffs: 1. Fly time increased by 1/3 longer.

2. Float time increased by 1/3 longer.

3. Whirlwind startup halved and durability points doubled.

4. Typhoon startup time halved.

5. Damage increased by 15%.

6. All Lightning Sphere has its recovery halved.

7. Lightning Sphere H now homes to the spot where the opponent was at the time of the input.

Strider

Buffs: 1. Damage increased by 20%.

2. Legion super has normal hyper durability properties.

3. Legion super comes out alot faster.

Nerfs: 1. Startup of Vajra assist is increased.

Super Skrull

Buffs: 1. Scrulls stomp otg move causes a techable knockdown but removes one bar of meter from your opponent (impossible to combo after the stomp.)

2. DfH has more hitstun on the move to make it easier to combo from by using an assist.

Taskmaster

Buffs: 1. Startup of all Arrow specials are decreased.

2. All arrow specials travel faster.

3. All arrow specials and supers to 20% more damage.

4. Counter Super leaves the opponent in a crumple state.

5. New move given, by inputting down down S taskmaster will shoot 3 arrows straight down on the ground, this otg's and allows you to combo afterward from it.

6. Given New air move QCF S, taskmaster shoots in an up angle similar to QCF H on the ground.

7. Charging Star is fully projectile invincible and has startup invincibility frames.

8. New air super given by in putting QCF Button + S, taskmasters shoots his arrows straigt up very similar to his ground QCF MH super.

Thor

Buffs: 1. Health is now 1,300,000.

2. Startup decreased for Mighty spark, Mighty thunder and Mighty Strike.

3. Mighty Thunders Speed is increased.

4. Mighty Punish is now fully invincible and causes a hard knockdown on hit.

5. Special and Super Damage increased by 15%.

6. Mighty Punish super can now be performed in air.

7. Might Strike is now very positive on block.

Trish

Buffs: 1. Increase durability on all versions of Low Voltage.

2. Decrease recovery and startup on all versions of Low Voltage.

3. Round Trips startup is halved and has more durability.

4. Trish's Level 3 otg's.

5. Increase her overall damage by 15%.

6. Increase time for hard knockdown state after landing an air or ground throw (similar to dooms foot dive time.)

Tron Bonne

Buffs: 1. Given a new low hitting special that sends a servebot to run full screen slip then trip (speed is determined by button press.)

2. Hitbox on jumping H is restored to its old mvc3 form.

3. Drill special is +1 on block.

4. Her Lunch Rush super comes out faster due to not having tron shoot a capture state projectile.

5. Boulder assist is replaced with Servbot Launcher where Tron shoots out a H servebot, M servebot and finally an L servebot before leaving (also with this assist your team super becomes lunch rush).

6. Capture state no longer happens if Team super happens for lunch rush super, instead the servebots just come out immediately.

7. Special Damage increased by 15%.

8. Her Servebot shooting specials startup is decreased and speed increased (including the new assist.)

Vergil

Buffs: 1. Health increased to 900,000.

2. During Swords super you can now do any of vergils other sword variations for free (during any part of the super).

Nerfs: 1. Helm Breaker is -1 on block from standing opponents.

2. Startup increased for Swords super.

3. Swords super now costs 2 bars.

4. Rapid Slash super no longer randomly crosses up.

Viewtiful Joe

2. Six Machine's bullet travels faster.

3. Bomb assist and on point takes slightly less time to explode.

Wesker

Buffs: 1. Invincibility on counter super is regained from vanilla marvel.

2. Damage increased by 10%.

Nerfs: 1. Launcher is -8 on block.

2. Phantom Dance super no longer randomly crosses up.

Wolverine

Buffs: 1. Swiss Cheese motion changed to QCF S.

Nerfs: 1. You can no longer combo from a dive kick trade.

2. Recovery added on tornado claw.

X-23

2. Weapon X super has startup invincibility.

3. Charge time on slashes are reduced.

4. Mirage Fient can now be done in air.

5. You can now charge Cresent Scythe, when charged and hits it lauches them into a slowly falling hard knockdown state.

Zero

Buffs: 1. Rekkoha super damage increased by 20%.

Nerfs: 1. Sengenmou super time is halved.

2. Buster on hit pushes your opponent full screen on hit.

Bonus Characters id like for the New Version

Capcom
    1. M. Bison OLD
    2. Megaman OLD
    3. Gene NEW
    4. Asura NEW

Marvel
    1. Thanos OLD
    2. Venom OLD
    3. Silver Surfer NEW
    4. Ms. Marvel NEW
    Proud 0'9er
    SSF4 Characters: Dudley, DeeJay, Yun.
    UMVC3 Teams: Magnes/Vergil/Doom, Nemesis/Taskmaster/Trish, Strange/Doom/Strider.
    SFXT Teams: Yoshi/King, Dudley/Steve, Vega/Bob, Sagat/Paul, Rolento/Hugo, Elena/Lili.  Soon: Bison/Christie, Chun Li/Lei.
    While I can certainly appreciate some of these buffs, they make the characters way too good.
    Maya's recovery is reduced to 1/4th of what it is now? Wright now has an infinite that goes "Maya,Maya,Maya" in the corner. And he can plink to get evidence during it.
    -AlphaCommando
    edited May 2013
    While I can certainly appreciate some of these buffs, they make the characters way too good.
    Maya's recovery is reduced to 1/4th of what it is now? Wright now has an infinite that goes "Maya,Maya,Maya" in the corner. And he can plink to get evidence during it.

Didn't know that, alot of these changes would have to be tested in game and would gradually change based on whats already there, I would like to keep the change but eliminate the infinite.

Also as for making characters too good id like to know which ones you think are too good, Im trying to make every character strong in their play styles so every character has a reason to play them.

Post edited by Upcoming Fighter on
    Proud 0'9er
    UMVC3 Teams: Magnes/Vergil/Doom, Nemesis/Taskmaster/Trish, Strange/Doom/Strider.
    SFXT Teams: Yoshi/King, Dudley/Steve, Vega/Bob, Sagat/Paul, Rolento/Hugo, Elena/Lili.  Soon: Bison/Christie, Chun Li/Lei.
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; "top of the idiots" Joined: Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to make reasonable buffs when you don't know much about how the game and the characters work.
    UMvC3: Wolverine/Doctor Doom/Dante
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    "The snow fell across the living, and the [flagged as spam]." - Smoothjazz101
    "hamtaro is a parable to the struggle of life" - Scrubeks
    It's hard to make reasonable buffs when you don't know much about how the game and the characters work.

I do know quite a bit about their playstyles and what is strong in this game now I dont play with everyone remember this is based on research but any suggestions on my mistakes would be appreciated, remember im trying to make every character have purpose in this game and be really strong at their playstyles/roles.

Proud 0'9er
    2. During Swords super you can now do any of vergils other sword variations for free (during any part of the super).

While the new swords super would cost two bars and would have longer startup, this alone makes it completely worth it. Blistering Swords gives Vergil combos off of instant overhead j.L, and the crown gives him insane pressure and incoming mixups with his teleport that he can convert off of. The new "Swords flowchart" is:
    -Activate swords
    -Attempt to open up/chip
    -Activate Blistering/Crown
    -Attempt to open up/mixup

Even if it does cost 2 bars, he gets in and gets multiple mixups without assists. That makes his swords super BETTER than it is now.
    -AlphaCommando
    edited May 2013

While the new swords super would cost two bars and would have longer startup, this alone makes it completely worth it. Blistering Swords gives Vergil combos off of instant overhead j.L, and the crown gives him insane pressure and incoming mixups with his teleport that he can convert off of. The new "Swords flowchart" is:
    -Activate swords
    -Attempt to open up/chip

Even if it does cost 2 bars, he gets in and gets multiple mixups without assists. That makes his swords super BETTER than it is now.

This makes swords where he no longer can throw it out at anytime as their is risk for it being hit out of startup, and the damage his does on combos is now significantly reduces, also swords has some recovery so he cant instantly just go in. I agree that it does make his swords better in some ways but It does make him worse in alot of ways as well, I feel without any of these buffs he would become a lackluster character, I also feel swords must be 2 bars to be balanced.

Post edited by Upcoming Fighter on
    Proud 0'9er
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

-Activate swords
    -Attempt to open up/chip

This makes swords where he no longer can throw it out at anytime as their is risk for it being hit out of startup, and the damage his does on combos is now significantly reduces, also swords has some recovery so he cant instantly just go in. I agree that it does make his swords better in some ways but It does make him worse in alot of ways as well, I feel without any of these buffs he would become a lackluster character, I also feel swords must be 2 bars to be balanced.

Although I have considered making it where Vergil no longer builds meter during swords.

Vergil already doesn't build meter during swords...

Morrigan is the only top tier character with a meter building install super.
    Post edited by DevilJin 01 on
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    edited May 2013
    Flux's suggested change to Swords makes the most sense, both in terms of fairness and faithfulness to DMC3. Paraphrasing:

Make it so the super defaults to Blistering Swords. It will cost one bar, but like Spiral Swords is now, it'll go away when he gets hit. He can change formation to Spiral Swords and the crown (forget what it's called) for an extra bar. This makes a lot more sense than giving him a one-bar safety belt he can slap on with virtually no risk of being punished, and if my friends and I recall correctly this is what it was like in DMC3 as well (Blistering as the default formation).
    Post edited by discovigilante on
    Ota City's Finest!
    UMvC3:

-Activate swords
    -Attempt to open up/chip

Although I have considered making it where Vergil no longer builds meter during swords.

Vergil already doesn't build meter during swords...

Morrigan is the only top tier character with a meter building install super.

Omg wow i cant believe i didnt know that, I always go so meter positive I just assumed..... eeek.

Proud 0'9er
    Ryu can fire 6 fullscreen hadokens in a row during Denjin? Make Thor's Mighty Strikes even more advantageous on block? Have you even played some of these characters?
    -AlphaCommando