Seeing S.T.A.R.S: The Nemesis Video Thread

OnlyWingedAngelOnlyWingedAngel Nemesis T-Type Guru ExtrodinareJoined: Posts: 9,496
Noble Cactus is to thank for the title

a compilation thread of all of the Nemesis videos we can find.
If you have a vid PM me or post it here so I can update the first post
UMvC3: Nemesis T-Type (y)/Hawkeye (a)/Strider Hiryu (y)
SCV: Siegfried, Nightmare, Leixia, Mitsurugi TTT2: Lei Wulong/Marshall Law
PSN: OnlyWingedAngel
Nemesis T-Type - Tutorial and Combo Videos Here

Comments

• Noble CactusNoble Cactus 56k Days Joined: Posts: 8,476
    Awesome, I have a tiny legacy on this site.

Anyway, you might want to add the Shady_K video on the front page. Even if it only has two Nemesis segments, it shows some cool assist work with Wesker and Spencer. Not to mention that Kara none of us thought of, lol
  • Kamui MoonKamui Moon Joined: Posts: 215
    nemesis is sooooo fun

EVO 2010: "Guilty Gear was cut short during the Grand Finals due to time restrictions. An Evo staff member walked up and shut off the TV as Wuku and Hellmonkey were playing their match."
  • OnlyWingedAngelOnlyWingedAngel Nemesis T-Type Guru Extrodinare Joined: Posts: 9,496
    ^ Spoiler Tag please and nice combo where you jump back to do a j.H Its nice to know that Nemesis can switch out for another character after a command grab. Though why not just do the combo with Nemesis? WHAT YOU GOT AGAINST HIM HMM?? lol jk.
  • sh1Ndsh1Nd Joined: Posts: 33
    UMvC3 Nemesis - Combo Video & How to Start by sh1Nd
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avjN7qIbPtc

More to come when i finally found out whos neme's BFF... \:
  • frustratedsquirrelfrustratedsquirrel Masky stripey man! Wtf is a raccoon? Joined: Posts: 3,761
    ^o..m...g...those RESETS.

I really appreciate all those practical situational combos too. Gives a great insight into how this character handles certain situations.

Also, it's official, Fatal Mutation is actually a good move.
    From team Sp00ky's TvC stream:
    "Alex? He will put his mitts all over you dude. Like he's so grimy, he shows up to the party and is like 'RAAAGH' and rips his shirt off"
  • OnlyWingedAngelOnlyWingedAngel Nemesis T-Type Guru Extrodinare Joined: Posts: 9,496
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avjN7qIbPtc

More to come when i finally found out whos neme's BFF... \:
    Now those are some really fancy nice combos, I like the relaunches espicially.

But's funny how the less hits a Nemesis combo has the seemingly more damage. Just adding special or a single H at the end of RL Slam M or Clothesline adds to allot of damage.

I've done some successful resets online already and one in particiular was a c.H into Kara-cancel command grab against a certain Frank West who would not stop blocking. I like all the situations you posted up for resets. Looks like I still have some training mode to work even further with Nemesis practicing for MORE than just the c.H cancel into command grab
  • frustratedsquirrelfrustratedsquirrel Masky stripey man! Wtf is a raccoon? Joined: Posts: 3,761
    Nemesis seems to have a lot of ways to pressure people on the ground. Tick throws, really good kara-grabs, semi-instant overheads, etc.

You can't exactly chicken block against him either.
    "Alex? He will put his mitts all over you dude. Like he's so grimy, he shows up to the party and is like 'RAAAGH' and rips his shirt off"
  • ShinMooShinMoo Whirling Fortress Joined: Posts: 106
    so much win in these vids. i need to train harder!
    "Trying is the first step to failure so dont ever try." -Homer Simpson
    Games played: Skullgirls, UMvC3, Soon DOA5, P4A, PS All Stars
    PSN: BOWs3R-Fr3aK
    XBL: ShinBowser.

Wow 3 RELAUNCHES IN A NEMESIS COMBO? Crazy. Though I must say that so far his most damaging combos have been the most basic and simple ones lol. However if you mange to start a combo by standing special (For anti-air purposes or you got lucky) these re launches will be the best way to do some damage from air combos.
  • WaverhouseWaverhouse Xbox Controller User Joined: Posts: 8
    How is he doing that relaunch with air H and air down H? I can't seem to get the relaunch to go, and dont know if its my timing or what
    How is he doing that relaunch with air H and air down H? I can't seem to get the relaunch to go, and dont know if its my timing or what

The combo works only with a limited amount of hits on the ground, if i'm correct it won't work after a clothesline or RL Slam is implemented due to hitstun deterioration. You have to delay the Angled Deadly Reach after the j.H you have to let the j.H hit and stand for a second or two then follow up with the Deadly Reach and as soon as Nemesis hits the ground use a launcher.

What I don't know is how he manages 3 in a row.
    This is a set a casuals with my friend over a lobby. My execution isn't the greatest most of the time it happens not in timing, but in doing the wrong move (Example I do a RL Slam when I meant to do a Clothesline ALLOT of the time) The other parts are coming along on youtube
    This is relevant because I primarily use Nemesis 99% of the time in these matches (with an exception of using Frank West once)

I now have a capture device (I'll try to fix the fuzziness on moving the characters but at least I can record properly now) so expect to see allot more videos from me. Up and coming is two recordings of several randoms on ranked match.
  • NamedaNameda Tager Tech Trollin' Time Joined: Posts: 67

Nemesis: I can haz top tier nao?
    Updated, and if thats really unescapable sides for certain characters thats going to be so much trolling fun.
  • SubstantialSubstantial Grape Joined: Posts: 731

Nemesis: I can haz top tier nao?
    ..So Sentinel and Nova are the only ones who can escape that I think @_@
    D: Orly? (Also known as Grape...like the fruit)
    Final Round - Rock Paper Scissors Champion
    Evo - Rock Paper Scissors Champion

M0ar Nemesis videos
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,566 mod

M0ar Nemesis videos

Good stuff :tup:
    Helped out my Nemesis game a lot.
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
    Snapback reset is dirty.
  • NickExtremeNickExtreme Joined: Posts: 41

For those who hate the Phoenix match-up, I just made your lives ten times easier lol.
    PM me for any help in BlazBlue, I am always open for help and suggestions.

BBCSEX- Valkenhayn R. Hellsing, Iron-Tager, Mu-12, Relius Clover
    UMvC3 - Dante, Frank West, Wesker, Hawkeye, Spencer, Sentinel, Vergil, Thor, Dormammu
  • Smileymike101Smileymike101 Joined: Posts: 1,139
    I made a drawing of Nemesis, because he is SO AWESOME and i love him and he's actually a viable heavy (i'm looking at you sentinel):
    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/346/nemesisc.jpg
    Well, not exactly a video, but as it's a picture, i guess it's clsoe enough lol.
    I made a drawing of Nemesis, because he is SO AWESOME and i love him and he's actually a viable heavy (i'm looking at you sentinel):
    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/346/nemesisc.jpg
    Well, not exactly a video, but as it's a picture, i guess it's clsoe enough lol.
    Better than I could ever draw
    You Deserve a Cookie
    If anyone wants to see some Nemesis gameplay, watch the SRK PSN UMVC3 weeklies. I think I repesent Nemesis pretty well, thread for the vids are in the UMVC3 general forum. I don't claim to be "Teh greatest player ever" But I do believe i'm pretty good at understanding how Nemesis works and using Nemesis.
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 1,387
    I made this yesterday on training mode for fun, but my question is: is that functional?

and yes, my camera is a potato
    ^ Interesting, though I feel attacking straight out of tech is the only sure way to get out. I'll have to try that.

EDIT: In the lab I just tested it, it's guranteed in the corner, but it can only be stopped by anything faster than tentacle slam M, mashing L or M will free the opponent, depending on how far the move extends. but you won't need to do as an "infinite" anyways, doing it twice should be enough damage to finish them off with a combo since that's pretty much 440k damage (two Ls 70,000, two tentacle slams 150,000)
  • UtahsbowserUtahsbowser Joined: Posts: 918
    How exactly do the properties of his anti air command throw work? Basically how can they avoid it hitting them.
    ! <3 Rebecca
    How exactly do the properties of his anti air command throw work? Basically how can they avoid it hitting them.
    Same as any grab

-It's unblockable
    -If you get hit after startup and during active frames your in the command grab
    -it doesn't work on opponents who are already in hitstun, blockstun or recovery

P.S discuss this kind of stuff in the general thread.
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,303
    I have some Nemesis tech I want to share, but I lack any recording device. Is there someone who'd be willing to record for/with me?
    NNID: a2handedmonk
    I have some Nemesis tech I want to share, but I lack any recording device. Is there someone who'd be willing to record for/with me?
    I can record for you. Dont worry
    igive credit where credit is due
  • DarksimDarksim Joined: Posts: 896

I believe the only thing new in here is the last combo in the second video. Oh well....
  • DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nemesis can kill lower stamina characters in 1 combo. No assists, no DHCs.

Uploaded by personaworld

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 combo video showcasing what Nemesis T-Type is capable of, be that old, new, practical or impractical.

-COMMENTS-

He may hit like a truck, but with the overall hitstun scaling in Ultimate, his overall damage isn't really much. Speaking of hitstun scaling, I may have to start using assists since there's not really much the characters can do alone anymore like in the vanilla version.

-NOTES-

Will type later

-TRANSCRIPT-

01) Amaterasu: jp H, H xx qcf H, H xx dp M, S, jp M-M-H-S, qcf PP

02) Strider: jp H, S, jp M-M-H, H xx qcf L, H xx dp M, S, jp H-S, qcf PP

03) Arthur: hcb PP, qcf PP, qcf PP

04) Amaterasu: jp H, H xx dp M, M-H xx qcf H, H xx dp S xx dp PP

05) Sentinel: qcb L, S, jp M-M-H-S, jp qcf S, S, jp M-M-H-S, qcf PP, XFC, dH xx qcf H, dH xx dp H

06) Chris: jp H, H xx dp M, M-H xx qcf L, dash H xx dp H xx qcf PP, XFC, dH xx qcf S xx dp PP

07) Sentinel: jp H, M xx dp L, XFC, jp M-M-H, H xx dp M, H xx qcf H, H-S xx snap back, snap back
    Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.
    snip
    Ah I saw this before, I think there is some impractical stuff in there. But stuff nonetheless and tech is always welcomed.
  • MacarrattiMacarratti Joined: Posts: 1,421
    I think that #5, the one with Sentinel is a really great find. that actually looks like a legit relaunch from a TK rocket, and in the corner as well. in fact, barring the XF part of it, I think its not too far fetched to say that might be one of his best corner combos post reset, since it works off tentacle grab.

I wonder how tight the timing is for that TK rocket? cuz I notice he WALKS backwards, not dash, and we all know how slow nemesis walks. That suggests that the timing for it is actually pretty viable in actual play.
    I think that #5, the one with Sentinel is a really great find. that actually looks like a legit relaunch from a TK rocket, and in the corner as well. in fact, barring the XF part of it, I think its not too far fetched to say that might be one of his best corner combos post reset, since it works off tentacle grab.

I wonder how tight the timing is for that TK rocket? cuz I notice he WALKS backwards, not dash, and we all know how slow nemesis walks. That suggests that the timing for it is actually pretty viable in actual play.

You have to consideration it was Sentinel he used it on, anyone smaller blasts them back (which might be possible to extend the combo) or just whiff in general. IMO its way too situational to use on a regular basis, but if it works it works.
    You have to consideration it was Sentinel he used it on, anyone smaller blasts them back (which might be possible to extend the combo) or just whiff in general. IMO its way too situational to use on a regular basis, but if it works it works.

true. I went in the lab and tried to recreate it on ghost rider and had quite a bit of difficulty <:D

got a little overexcited

still, tech is tech, and i'm not one to look a tech horse in the mouth
    I wanted to post this here because I didn't know where else to put it. The Nemesis cH -> SRK L -> Tentacle Slam H trap does not work against the following character: Shuma, Rocket Raccoon, Amaterasu, Arthur and Wolverine.

It flatout misses RR, Ammy, Arthur, Shuma and Wolverine if he back recovers(Note, Forward tech still, of course, works for all of them). If I am wrong, someone make a video to prove it
    good to know. I dont feel that hurts the RR or Dog matchups too bad, they bleed alot anyway. that is an issue for the wolvie and shuma matchups though, the former much more than the latter
    I wanted to post this here because I didn't know where else to put it. The Nemesis cH -> SRK L -> Tentacle Slam H trap does not work against the following character: Shuma, Rocket Raccoon, Amaterasu, Arthur and Wolverine.

It flatout misses RR, Ammy, Arthur, Shuma and Wolverine if he back recovers(Note, Forward tech still, of course, works for all of them). If I am wrong, someone make a video to prove it

I just tested in this in the lab, and yup it looks like those 5 are immune to tentacle slam H from that situation. My guess is their hitbox is just barely small enough to escape the deceptively large hitbox of a tentacle slam. However, on back tech using Tentacle slam M as they fall in still works fine and puts them back in the corner, so nothing to be worried about as well as these characters don't have much HP anyways

like Gilgamesh said front-techs are still caught by Tentacle Slam H as well. Dem Small characters, damn them.
  • JalenSRKJalenSRK ~BlackCharizard~ Joined: Posts: 3,598

I haven't seen this specific relaunch done yet but then again I haven't checked everywhere. This is pretty reliable offline. I did it on Amaterasu to show that it works on small characters like her and Zero. It can be done on Joe, RR, and Arthur but it has to be tweaked so it's not practical. Also Tron and Shuma's weird hurt-boxes make it almost impossible to hit. Everyone else was tested successfully though.

Sorry if this is old news.

And my tv is very discolored and I recorded this with an itouch/toaster.

EDIT: oh persona did it. Well at least I show it can be done on smaller characters as well.
    SSFIV AE - M. Bison. Counterpicks with Boxer.
    UMvC3 - Nemesis (Rocket Launcher) Dante (Jam Session) Wesker (Samurai Edge) ALT - Taskmaster (H arrows)
    "Don't make excuses for your loss! Go train and try again!"
  • BigDBigD Joined: Posts: 328
    hey guys here's some footage from a team tourney I as in

stars!
    opps sorry I started playing at about 8:50 mark I use nem/dorm/doom
    same tourney but more of me ....losing:( image
    I have a request. For any Vita owners that show up in the coming days, Can two people get together, and make a custom replay to show off all of Nemesis's hit/hurtboxes
  • BshidoHEATBshidoHEAT The Ninja Super Hero! Joined: Posts: 3,094
    I like the Nemesis forums a lot better than the Ghost Rider forums. So here are a few matches I had at last nights get together, expect a bit more in the next few months since they'll be a dedicated stream in the near future.

I'd like to do better in this game but a team filled with lower tier characters that use gimmick resets and where most often than not Doom has to carry the team is EXTREMELY difficult to win with. Despite that I still have fun with the game.

http://www.twitch.tv/tampabayfgc/b/309142497
    @41:56 first match half way through I notice that my assist 2 doesn't work.
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ: BushidoHEAT
    Fighting games and Music www.youtube.com/bushidoheat/
    Music I make www.soundcloud.com/benacosta
    Music others make but I play www.mixcloud.com/benacosta

• ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,659
    Check Shadowloo qualifer tournament where Airtola uses Taskmaster/Hulk/Nemessis. He won the whole thing.
    He also appears on in a stream with LLND/Tapebot/RoyalFlush/etc.
    Hulk/Nemesis dittos in grand finals. Mike Ross would be so proud.
  • TheCapeTheCape Joined: Posts: 944
    8:14 is right after Justin gets knocked out and Airtola is playing.

I also noticed that he uses a PS3 pad. Interesting.
    If its not fun, I will just stop playing it.
    8:14 is right after Justin gets knocked out and Airtola is playing.

I also noticed that he uses a PS3 pad. Interesting.
    It seems that all Nemesis players are apparently pad, Airtola, unknown hell even I use pad.
  • TheCapeTheCape Joined: Posts: 944
    I use a hitbox. I'm weird.
    If its not fun, I will just stop playing it.
    I use a Stick

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!
  • ICMZICMZ Joined: Posts: 20
    Hey whats up guys
    Thought I would post this up since I never got around doing so. I Also play on a pad and on a Regular 360 pad. I know horrible right?
    Anyways enjoy!