"What people msg you after you beat them" - NEW for UMvC3

Comments

• BigJollyPandaBigJollyPanda Joined: Posts: 12
    I played against some guy using team trenchcoat with my Joe/Frank/Dante team. It was an extremely laggy game and the dude was just teleport spamming, after he killed joe i managed to land something with frank, used dante THC to get him to level 4 and bodied his team from there. I usually don't teabag people, but this guy was teleport spamming with team trenchcoat and as i recall, his gamertag had far to many x's in it. He sent me a message saying.
    "dont teabag u suck ass" i give him my typical reply "No habla inglis" Then I smile because I know he will never get the satisfaction of thinking he won an argument on Xbox live.
    Characters: Zero, Dante, Wolverine, Spencer, Viewtiful Joe, Rocket Raccoon, Vergil, Strider, Frank West, Storm, Hawkeye,
    I'm ALWAYS in character crisis
  • DeskLampTVDeskLampTV Joined: Posts: 870 ✭✭
    I'm just gonna be honest, I don't think your teabagging was justified. I think it's stupid for anyone to teabag someone because of their characters, lag, or because of their gamertag.
    Yeah, I probably shouldn't have but regardless, I found his reaction entertaining.
    Characters: Zero, Dante, Wolverine, Spencer, Viewtiful Joe, Rocket Raccoon, Vergil, Strider, Frank West, Storm, Hawkeye,
  • D4GamersD4Gamers Just Like Cap! Joined: Posts: 268
    I played against some guy using team trenchcoat with my Joe/Frank/Dante team. It was an extremely laggy game and the dude was just teleport spamming, after he killed joe i managed to land something with frank, used dante THC to get him to level 4 and bodied his team from there. I usually don't teabag people, but this guy was teleport spamming with team trenchcoat and as i recall, his gamertag had far to many x's in it. He sent me a message saying.
    "dont teabag u suck ass" i give him my typical reply "No habla inglis" Then I smile because I know he will never get the satisfaction of thinking he won an argument on Xbox live.

Are you serious??
    -Vanilla MvC3: Main:Zero/ Viper/ Taskmaster I Alt: Skrull/ Wesker/ Sentinel
    -Ultimate MvC3:Main: Spencer/ Hulk/ Doom I Alt: Doom/ Akuma/ Strider
    - Currently learning: Ironfist, Dante, Frank West

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • lawlHTlawlHT youtube player Joined: Posts: 535
    i honestly think all the butthurt about teabagging is hilarious. who cares if people taunt/teabag after they win? it doesn't hurt you in any way when it's done. play them again and when you win, teabag/taunt right back. who cares, it's just a game.
    PSN: lawlHT
    UMVC3: Frauderbrand/Super Skrub/Trollmaster -currently learning: Dante, Dormammu-
    P4 Arena: Mitsuru, Labrys - Skullgirls: Filia - SSF4:AE2012: Sakura
  • double Fdouble F Joined: Posts: 653
    i honestly think all the butthurt about teabagging is hilarious. who cares if people taunt/teabag after they win? it doesn't hurt you in any way when it's done. play them again and when you win, teabag/taunt right back. who cares, it's just a game.

there's a difference between something being "just a game", and being a game you invest time / effort into. when you put time into something, especially a competitive game or a sport, you actually care about winning. if you don't care about winning, then why else would you put that much time into the activity?

so when you become good at something, and you hope to win every time you play, it's very disrespectful and obnoxious for the opponent to gloat when they win. why do you think fights break out all the time in sports? or why rivalries / hatred form between competitors in almost any game?

what compounds the obnoxious part of it is when it's a person you don't know (online), and when it's a 1 on 1 fighting game (in Halo, people care less about being teabagged because there are things out of their control to blame, like bad teammates).

so if you don't care about being teabagged, then you probably don't care much about being competitive in this game, which means you're probably not very good.
    I'm going to share my opinion on this whole situation, if you don't mind. I just think that BigJollyPanda's post (I'm not trying to be mean or single you out) just felt out of place because with most of these stories about what people messaged them, the person posting gives you some context and tries to make the opponent seem like a huge bitch or douche. I couldn't really see that in BigJollyPanda's post. I didn't think the guy who sent the message was being a douche or a bitch. That doesn't mean I'm crying about every time someone taunts or teabags, it just means I can't really sympathize with BigJollyPanda, if that's the right word. I'm not really siding with the person who sent the message either though, usually when I get teabagged in heavy lag or even when the match was really close, I just laugh at the other guy. I just wonder what their lives are like if they feel the need to rub my loss in my face. Also, I am pretty sure they usually aren't kidding around like friends do because they are just random people I meet online.

Lol at your title lawlHT, I remember that.
  • AlphaCommandoAlphaCommando One True God Joined: Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wonder what their lives are like if they feel the need to rub their balls in my face.

FTFY
    Team Breath of Fire IV (Ryu, Won-Qu, Fou-Lu): Zero[6] γ, Amaterasu[5] β, Dante[6] α
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

"As soon as I saw Alpha's avatar, all the blood rushed out of my head and I almost lost my lunch." - Missing Person
    "I betting that every mafia is mad at me for falling for Alpha." - GodotsRevenge
    "The "AC vs. RF tussles"? You mean the part where he votes to lynch me, I sigh in his general direction, and then we go on with Day 1? Yeah, we never do that every game, I'm totes Mafia because of it." - RadicalFuzz
    Thank you, I need to start proofreading my posts before hitting "post reply." I'm not even sure how I got those letters by accident.
  • ChannighanChannighan Strike fear into your opponents. Joined: Posts: 5
    you're a fucking moron.

i don't care about being teabagged because i'm not some prissy little manchild whose feelings are hurt by actions done in a game. my opponent can gloat all they want, the only thing that stings about a loss is the loss itself. you know what i do after a loss?

i get better. i don't sit and cry about how my opponent taunted me after the battle.

It's like the equivalent of showing shouting and laughing in your face, hence the word, TAUNTING. It's supposed to be disrespectful and obnoxious, and everyone likes being respected.
    UMvC3: Wesker/Doom/Vergil
    AE2012: Ibuki
  • hoofedkibbleshoofedkibbles Phoenix playing at it's worst. Joined: Posts: 171
    I still don't feel like I'm doing my job if I don't get teabagged or taunted.

EvilFox feels the need to message me EVERY time I play him (win or lose) to hate on Phoenix (usually to call me a bitch or to sit down etc). It might mean a little more if he didn't have Vergil/Wesker. I think if I beat you with my Ammy/Pool/Phoenix or Shulk/Thor/Phoenix then I shouldn't be getting ALL the hate I do. But it's become a little game now with me and my friend I play with. We see who can get the most messages in a night. He usually Plays Firebrand/Ammy/Felicia and makes a lot of XF3 Felicia comebacks, yet he rarely gets the hatemail I do.
    It's
    I still don't feel like I'm doing my job if I don't get teabagged or taunted.

EvilFox feels the need to message me EVERY time I play him (win or lose) to hate on Phoenix (usually to call me a bitch or to sit down etc). It might mean a little more if he didn't have Vergil/Wesker. I think if I beat you with my Ammy/Pool/Phoenix or Shulk/Thor/Phoenix then I shouldn't be getting ALL the hate I do. But it's become a little game now with me and my friend I play with. We see who can get the most messages in a night. He usually Plays Firebrand/Ammy/Felicia and makes a lot of XF3 Felicia comebacks, yet he rarely gets the hatemail I do.

The only LV3XF people get mad at are Wesker, Vergil, and Phoenix.

Phoenix players shouldn't taunt either.
    Here's the thing, though I don't think people should get as upset over it as they usually do, teabagging is still rarely justified and kind of a dick move. My reasons weren't entirely justifiable, but I guess after seeing the 6th all black team trenchcoat from xX 420Snipzes Xx (not his actual name but something like that) you really don't expect anything but some tryhard who will teabag you the first chance he gets.
  • HusteenHusteen We have a problem. Joined: Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    i got two compliments:

"your morgan kicked my vergil's balls"

"goodgame that is the best morrigan i've seen awesome stuff dude"

now for the good stuff!

Choclatbwoywonda: "scrub" "left cuz usuck" "bitch u garbage" - i had to double check, that IS his gamertag.

Mistbornsfury: "Hahaha ****"

blzd420: "pussy dante" i OCVd him with dante hahaha. plus, his gamertag only added to the irony of this message.

outforart: "dumb ass
    my mom would slap the shit out of u, hoe !" - all right, this one was just mean; it hurts when people refer to me as a gardening tool =[

experimento626: "lag + button mash
    i don't button mash lol i pay for my internet not my daddy" - that's a foolish choice; i'm sure his daddy cost less than his internet.
  • JediLinkJediLink Has 100%'d Super Smash Bros Melee Joined: Posts: 719
    blzd420: "pussy dante" i OCVd him with dante hahaha. plus, his gamertag only added to the irony of this message.

Completely unrelated, can someone please explain to me what OCV means? I've learned most of the fighting game terminology by now but I'm not quite sure about this.
    UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Hiryu and Wright/Akuma/Hiryu
    Melee and Project M: Marth
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Completely unrelated, can someone please explain to me what OCV means? I've learned most of the fighting game terminology by now but I'm not quite sure about this.
    I think it's where you beat the team using one character.
  • TectondrioTectondrio Saikyo Practicioner Joined: Posts: 32
    OCV= One Character Victory?

*edit* oh, nvm...was already answered. Pardon me!
    I think it's where you beat the team using one character.

Well I guess I've been OCVing people with Zero all this time without ever realizing it. Thanks.
    Well I guess I've been OCVing people with Zero all this time without ever realizing it. Thanks.
    but you don't get points if its zero...
    he is normally the entire team :p
    but you don't get points if its zero...
    he is normally the entire team :p

Well I've OCV'd people with Phoenix Wright a couple of times. Does that get points?
    Well I've OCV'd people with Phoenix Wright a couple of times. Does that get points?
    yes...
    +10 respect
  • hoofedkibbleshoofedkibbles Phoenix playing at it's worst. Joined: Posts: 171
    It's

The only LV3XF people get mad at are Wesker, Vergil, and Phoenix.

Phoenix players shouldn't taunt either.

I only taunt if taunted in a prior match.
    I only taunt if taunted in a prior match.

I taunt per taunt.
  • lautikpclautikpc Joined: Posts: 14
    I Ussually recieve a lot of GGs, Well played, nice style, (I also send messages like that after almost every good fight). But I remember 2 funny messages.

After a Wesker battle, 5 seconds remaining, just 2 wesker, we were almost 10% HP both, he did the phantom dance, i hit him H in the air and when both fall to the ground in the last second of the fight at the same time we do the Counter Hyper and the time runed out (I win I think, i dont remember)
    So after that I sent him a message saying "Epic Wesker duel" and at the same time I send it I recieved one saying "Lol, wesker battle"

Another message
    It was a very easy fight, almost perfect after the fight I recieved 4 messages one after another that said
    "die die die die die"
    "kill urself"
    "omg just die"
    "why everyone on this game use cheats? why u just cant fight?" (the 4 messages all in caps lock)

Sorry for bad english if i made a mistake in the writting
  • Machineking1313Machineking1313 Infamous User Joined: Posts: 1,389
    I have been playing quite a few games of UMVC3 lately. I got an angry message from a Wesker scrub. He wrote "You are never going to get laid." That would of scared the hell out of me when I was 14!

I also made a child cry on Marvel. He just spammed the same X-23 dive kick attack over and over again, then spam Wolverine's dive kick, then spam Doom's foot dive. I crushed his poor play, and I heard him screaming and weeping over the mic. Hilarious! I would of expected crying little kids on COD, what is this game coming to?
    Everyone! Get your torches lit and your pitchforks ready! We are storming Capcom's headquarters while shouting "SHORYUKEN!!!!"
  • Machineking1313Machineking1313 Infamous User Joined: Posts: 1,389
    Got another message today from a terrible player, who feels he needs to lash out at the player who defeats him. This guy spammed foot dives, it seems like a lot of people are just spamming foot dives these days, anyways, after beating him, he sent me this message "Fucking Pussy!!!!" What is wrong with people?
    Everyone! Get your torches lit and your pitchforks ready! We are storming Capcom's headquarters while shouting "SHORYUKEN!!!!"
  • DrWsGreatestDrWsGreatest Joined: Posts: 138
    "U suck! All u do is spam assists and shoot out lightning and busters with zero. Why don't u right like a man pussy? Cuz all u can do is run away!"

Sent by some kid I beat 10-0 and with 7-8 OCVs before I quit who was play hulk/haggar/sent. Yea let me just run up and get a standing h to the face or lariat into instant tod since all my characters easily go down to hulk abc super. I never reply to salty messages but I almost did to this one to explain that in no game are the players REQUIRED to rush down, especially when the opponent has no real answer to zoning. I swear this game definitely brings out people's inner idiots.
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 529 ✭✭
    I have been playing quite a few games of UMVC3 lately. I got an angry message from a Wesker scrub. He wrote "You are never going to get laid." That would of scared the hell out of me when I was 14!<br />
    <br />
    I also made a child cry on Marvel. He just spammed the same X-23 dive kick attack over and over again, then spam Wolverine's dive kick, then spam Doom's foot dive. I crushed his poor play, and I heard him screaming and weeping over the mic. Hilarious! I would of expected crying little kids on COD, what is this game coming to?

I lol'd at the first bit butt aww for the kid crying lol.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    Lol @scrubs getting mad because you run away. I'm not gonna risk my team getting blown up my LV3 Vergil, I'm jumping in the air and chicken guarding all day long.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Best way to look at this game is when someone send you hate mail for beating them.

"He thinks I'm doing really well, thanks!"

or if it's after you finally won.

"I'm glad you see my improvement!"

or if its after beating you a bunch of times.

"Thanks for the pepp talk!"

or if it's after you've had a laggy ass match.

"True, we shouldn't be playing on this connection, but we must have been having fun!"

If it's about your team.

"Thanks, I worked really hard on it."

All teabags or taunts really mean.

"Goodbye or great game!"

Take that frown, and turn it around, de uddah way!
    Seriously makes you enjoy the online experience more.
    Post edited by WorstPlayer on
    Team Breath of Fire IV (Ryu, Won-Qu, Fou-Lu): Zero[6] γ, Amaterasu[5] β, Dante[6] α
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

"As soon as I saw Alpha's avatar, all the blood rushed out of my head and I almost lost my lunch." - Missing Person
    "I betting that every mafia is mad at me for falling for Alpha." - GodotsRevenge
    "The "AC vs. RF tussles"? You mean the part where he votes to lynch me, I sigh in his general direction, and then we go on with Day 1? Yeah, we never do that every game, I'm totes Mafia because of it." - RadicalFuzz
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the option to delete double posts, SRK.
    Post edited by AlphaCommando on
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

edited February 2013
    It's really helpful, especially when the website doesn't register your reply. Then it does. Four times.
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

edited February 2013
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

Actually it is, because technically outside of their rage of losing or winning.  Whatever they are saying to you its because of something you did RIGHT if you're winning.
    If you're losing it's because of something you do wrong. You can allow yourself be insulted but why? I'm never insulted, my games break down to, did I have fun? Yes. Awesome.

I was playing a guy named STRTGY in player matches. He wins two, then starts teabagging and taunting. I then win 3 and teabag/taunt after each win. He is still teabagging in the beginning of the match. After my third win in a row I leave. He sends me this:
    "Stay Free!! I'm just better"

I reply with "u lost" because I was in a match with someone else. He then sends me this:
    "I won - Try again loser"

at that point I'm pretty confused because he didn't win, he lost 2 to 3. I'm still in a match with someone else so I send "no u lost" but I don't get another reply.

Also, I think I played you WorstPlayer. I was using Spider-man/Doom/Strider.

You may have, lately I've been fuggin around online while working on advertising.  I played a few people with that team today however. Its odd, seems like
    types of players always come in waves. Just got like 4 hulk players in a row hah
    Yeah its weird. Like I could play for a week and not see a single wolverine player but then I get paired up with three different ones in one playing session.
    I just remember playing a M.O.D.O.K player who had Worst Player in his gamertag. 
    Probably me, I got destroyed by the player Im thinking about though. Couldnt adjust properly, frame traps, unfamiliarity + lag got me trained on. Think I compensated by going to my derp team hah
    Hulk Nemesis Sentinel? haha I got bodied by that team. 
    I don't remember, sometimes people just ruin that team but it all depends on how much they depend on frame traps to open someone up.
    Frame traps allow for H to come out lol
    I'm putting this here as I wasn't quite sure where else to put this.

I had an interesting discussion with someone I had a set with. I was running a new team, Cap/Frank/Dante. After beating his Frank level up team (Wesker/Frank/Dante) a few games, he switched to his Vergil/Doom/Strider team. He would teabag and taunt during and after matches, which was uncharacteristic of him. I eventually stopped playing, having won more matches though he got some wins back and continued his shenanigans (I on the other hand always remain respectful of my opponent. Besides, I found it funny that he was seemingly letting frustration get the better of him).

I sent him a message, (paraphrasing) saying "aight, I'll stop playing now, but despite your taunting and teabagging, ggs".

To which he responded "because you have lag and are random". (though the connection was generally as good as it got on psn other than two occasions lag slow down caused him to drop combos, and this was out of a 25 + set)

I responded saying lag affects both of us (it's online) and we have discussions about 'randomness' on umvc3, to which he began to say 'It all makes sense as your on SRK. Though your cap's solid your dante's abysmal. You just use Cap and rely on random hits from 3 other characters and you live by up back which you can't do against any good player and you're lucky WSO (a currently discontinued local) isn't happening because I would show you the flaws to your play". He also said I followed trends and just used reverb shock and because of it's frame data and I would have used the hammer before as everyone else had.

My response was that he shouldn't get so upset over game, let alone online. I also wouldn't judge anybody's skill from online matches, and as I was dropping things that I hit regularly offline, I decided to play safe, especially considering he TODs off a touch. I also said I was a lot more calculating than I appeared, and if it seemed that I used a move too much, it's because it worked against him.
     He said I sounded more upset than him and if he was he would have been calling me a scrub and names other than abysmal and random.

Still, we went on to end his respectfully. I didn't have a problem with him prior and still don't. Though I didn't take any of the comments personally, I will change my demeanour now. I didn't appreciate the implications that he was saying I was a bad player and he was better than me despite me winning two/thirds of our set lol.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • XxWolfheartxXXxWolfheartxX Joined: Posts: 3
    I get so much hatemail, got vocalized last night while just having fun with some teams I've been working on, he muted me after I told him good game xD
  • VolcanicAkuma55VolcanicAkuma55 Joined: Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭✭
    some guy was going nuts on the mic after getting ocvd by nemesis grab loop. btw after wesker lvl 3, wavedash = perfect tbag position (why cant we just set his taunt so he always says "plz. try harder"?)
    SF main: Akuma
    not wannabe, GUNNA BE pro. just need more practice.
    FIX AKUMA AND GOUKEN'S MUSIC IN USF4. WE DONT NEED 3 VERSIONS OF RYU'S THEME
  • Thunderfang747Thunderfang747 Joined: Posts: 63
    My Tron OcV'd a guy running team trenchcoat and afterwards we had a little conversation

Him: What a f****** tryhard, this is why nobody likes you.

Me: Love you too sweetheart, and I am glad you know what everybody thinks. I must be really famous if everyone you talk to says how much they hate me.

Him: Have fun being forever alone, i'm sure you're used to it already

Me: k

HIm: Your loneliness status starts now have fun. Blocked

Me: Oh no, a random douche who throws out tired forever alone quips when he loses at MvC to cover his own butthurt blocked me on xbox live. How will I live with myself?

I didn't get a response after that. He might not have received the message if he really blocked me, but he made me laugh if nothing else lol
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm not sure why people get antsy over video game tea bags. It's not a real life tea bag so just hold dat shit and remember it's a game and play the next match or go play someone else.

If someone does some shit to you in person/IRL that's a different story. Otherwise you're just getting butthurt over what someone can do within something that is animated 1's and 0's for the purpose of entertainment.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    edited March 2013
    If someone is literally teabagging you in real life you have bigger problems than the actual tea bagging. First why are you on the ground in the first place? 2nd why are you not defending yourself? 3rd what's preventing you from biting his nuts off.

Remember if you eat a dick it's not gay.

I remember when I was first told what teabagging was. He's putting his balls in your mouth! I was like what?
    Remember you're only feeling offended because the internet told you, you should be.
    Post edited by WorstPlayer on
    If someone is literally teabagging you in real life you have bigger problems than the actual tea bagging. First why are you on the ground in the first place? 2nd why are you not defending yourself? 3rd what's preventing you from biting his nuts off.

I remember when I was first told what teabagging was. He's putting his balls in your mouth! I was like what?
    Remember you're only feeling offended because the internet told you, you should be.

Probably the most brilliant post ever.
    This is so foolish LMAO, but is flipping funny!
  • J.DJ.D Fortune favors the prepared... Joined: Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    I personally don't ever send messages to t-baggers or anything like that. I just make a mental note that I should avoid them in the future.
    I play because I like to improve, and thus I'm always looking for training partners that I can add to my FL.
    The best way to improve is to play long sets (ft15 and over), and it's kinda hard to try and enjoy a good session with a self-entitled bitch.

Next time you feel like T-bagging, you should consider that you're only being a dick to potential training partners.
    I understand if you simply don't care and intend to live behind your monitor for the rest of your life, but if you're like me and actually attend events and have made friends through the community, why would you want to be a dick? Why would you want to be a dick with people you can actually become friends with?
    When we play a long set, it's pretty similar to having a conversation you know? By the end of the set I more than likely know a thing or two about you (such as the fact that you've taken the time to research the game), can you imagine if I finish a nice conversation with you by suddenly being a dick out of nowhere?
    Sad thing is now everybody wants to be an internet troll. I guess we can blame social media for that.
    I'm glad I was raised in the arcades :)

BTW, this isn't directed to anybody specifically.
    Post edited by J.D on
    Twitter: @SRKJD
    UMVC3: Spencer/Dante/Magneto
    XBL: TRUJD3S