Don't Respond to Bot Threads

Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Salty about UltraJoined: Posts: 4,680 mod
For those that don't know, responding to bot threads is against the rules here at SRK. Why? It makes the bot scripts believe the forum is very popular and thus sends more spam our way. For whatever reason, people have started doing this again, so this is your warning.

If you want to help with the bot problem, simply hit the "report" link at the bottom left of the post. A mod will deal with it ASAP.

Thank you for your help.
The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
·

Comments

• Geese PantsGeese Pants ......Aight. Joined: Posts: 15,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps you should sticky this................
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    ·
  • WarlockDLXWarlockDLX Joined: Posts: 291
    oops lol i was unaware of that rule, or even the "why" associated. will keep that in mind going forward.
    PS3
    SSF4AE
    Akuma/Juri
    ·
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to help with the bot problem, simply hit the "report" link at the bottom left of the post. A mod will deal with it ASAP.
    Just to clarify, then: Am I correct in understanding that the Report function is now preferred to the (still sticked) GD bot reporting thread??
    ·
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Salty about Ultra Joined: Posts: 4,680 mod
    As far as I know, reporting is the way to go now. If you use the report function, all the mods are notified regardless of whether they are paying attention to that thread or not.

I'll mention to the powers that be that the bot thread in GD probably isn't needed anymore.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
    ·
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 12,012 mod
    edited September 2014
    Update: the Report button is now gone. :sad: @"Trouble Brewing"‌
    Post edited by Preppy on
    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    ·
  • tazytazy Joined: Posts: 1
    Report function is now preferred to the (still sticked) GD bot reporting thread??
    ·
  • d3vd3v Slide Grab Gyakunitaku Kick Joined: Posts: 27,752 mod
    Just flag the bot for spam since that should still send the same alert to mods once it has enough flags.

That, or PM your friendly neighborhood mod.
    ·