Does What a Spider Can!!! UMvC3 Spidey Combo Thread

1383940414244»

Comments

• linainverselinainverse Joined: Posts: 197
    i cant seem to get the crouching m to hit,
  • DeskLampTVDeskLampTV Joined: Posts: 890
    Yeah, it looks like you are a mile away from the opponent if you do the cr.:m: too early or too late and you don't hit them. I guess for practice you can first try to do it in X-factor lvl 1 because you don't need to be as fast, once you have that down you can try it on big bodies like nemesis, hulk, and thor. When you first start to practicing the loop, don't even worry about anything after cr.:m:. Just the plink dashes and cr.:m:. However, like KiyaaKing said, just get your plinks down in the neutral before you even worry about the loop.
    Also, I recommend learning this combo before learning the loop:
    I'm mostly talking about the way that he plink dashes twice and does a cr.:h: xx :l: web swing after the web throw. It gets you used to plink dashing after a web throw.
  • iNerd18iNerd18 iSpidey Joined: Posts: 1,944
    Playing with Spider-man/Dante during my freetime. Where are all those Spidey Dante videos? I remember a bunch around here but can't find any.
    "Gimmie this gat damn mic" - Sanford Kelly
  • kookymanus2099kookymanus2099 The original Kookymanus Joined: Posts: 73
    quote="iNerd18;8585917"]Playing with Spider-man/Dante during my freetime. Where are all those Spidey Dante videos? I remember a bunch around here but can't find any.[/quote]

Check Xero's channel w/ spidey/dante/frank. I personally run spidey/doom/dante. Plasma beam n jam session assists. Other team is the same except I use molecular shield assist for mix-ups, resets & to counter up close melee chrcs like wolverine.
  • ClutchComboClutchCombo ClutchEXE Joined: Posts: 89
    So I know a lot of you havent seen this yet but broshadian uploaded a vid of a non-tac spiderman infinite yesterday

YO UNGH
    SF V(Meh), MvCI and BB. Excited to try out DBFZ

Follow me on twitter. https://twitter.com/ClutchEXE
    PsN: ClutchCombo
    Youtube.com/coasttoclutch
    twitch.tv/ClutchEXE
    Ok I haven't tested it yet but I'm not buying it. I'm going to have to see it in a match first. My guess is that it's a combo counter glitch because nothing about it makes sense. When doing the web throw loop, cr.:m: doesn't even combo into cr.:h: after 7 reps
  • ClutchComboClutchCombo ClutchEXE Joined: Posts: 89
    I went home and tried it and it didnt work for me.

The hype is dead sorry.
    SF V(Meh), MvCI and BB. Excited to try out DBFZ

Follow me on twitter. https://twitter.com/ClutchEXE
    PsN: ClutchCombo
    Youtube.com/coasttoclutch
    twitch.tv/ClutchEXE
  • TikoMikeTikoMike Joined: Posts: 141
    edited February 2014
    I went home and tried it and it didnt work for me.

The hype is dead sorry.

Read the description on the Youtube video next time. It works on just a few select characters. Just tried it on Mageneto and it works. Awesome shit.

Only problem I see is that you can only do it off a raw web ball or combo from s.H into web ball. It doesn't work off j.S, s.H, web ball :(
  • RaohRaoh AU Spider Joined: Posts: 968
    Since the damage resets, it's probably similar or some sort of variation to the properties of Deadpool's bolo glitch. The fall speed of the other characters might be remedied by using s :l: since it comes out a few frames faster than the crouch version.
    Spider-Man - Combos and Tech
    PSN: KingRaou - Spider-Man/Hawkeye<>Dr.Doom
  • clawmasterclawmaster Joined: Posts: 5
    so yea there has been alot of talk over at the reddit forums about this. I tested this morning and it works on some characters not all. Here are the characters it works on (given all were in the corner)

mags
    Deadpool
    Taskmaster
    Ghost Rider
    Skrull
    Hawkeye
    Jill
    Dante
    Wesker
    Viewtiful Joe

managed to only get two reps with Sent, Doom, and Dog.

Reddit link
    http://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/1xg5ja/spiderman_nontac_infinite/
    edited February 2014
    Alright I should have read the video description, this is probably legit. I'll test it out in vs mode just in case but either way, nice find for the guy who made the video. I wonder how much damage you could get if you do that as much as you can, then web zip the last web ball and go into the web throw loop
    EDIT: I just read the reddit page and now I feel stupid for changing my mind
  • ReogrymReogrym Joined: Posts: 8
    Made up a Spider-Man/Dante/Doom combo yesterday that should work from midscreen, wondering if there's anything I could add to it to get more damage? Uses one meter.

j.:h: > cr.:m::h: > :l: Web Swing > j.:m::m::h: > j.:l::m::m::h::s: > s.:m::h: > :h: Spider Sting/Bite > Jam Session (:a1:) > Web Zip OTG (should put you in the corner)> j.:h: > :h: Web Throw > Hidden Missiles > :l: Web Throw > :l: Web Throw > :l: Web Throw > Maximum Spider

Does about 760k as it is right now, but it could probably do more without a DHC. Wondering if I could put an cr.:h: > :s: > sj.:m::m::h::s: after Spider Sting.
    UMVC3: Spider-Man/Dante/Doom and Dante/Dormammu/Doom
    SSFIVAE: Yun
  • STANGSTANG Joined: Posts: 1,200
    A couple things about that combo. You're expecting the most optimal situation. Both assists available, mid screen - corner confirm. If you are confirming a combo and your back is against the corner, you don't get that combo. So I would suggest finding a combo that can be used anywhere, and then just adjust it when you are near corner. The L Web throws at the end don't do more than M Web throws so you can probably switch up a couple of them to make it easier to hit. I don't know much about dante but I think you can leave out the last web throw and just hard tag volcano xx million dollars for more damage.
    Reogrym wrote: »
    Made up a Spider-Man/Dante/Doom combo yesterday that should work from midscreen, wondering if there's anything I could add to it to get more damage? Uses one meter.

j.:h: > cr.:m::h: > :l: Web Swing > j.:m::m::h: > j.:l::m::m::h::s: > s.:m::h: > :h: Spider Sting/Bite > Jam Session (:a1:) > Web Zip OTG (should put you in the corner)> j.:h: > :h: Web Throw > Hidden Missiles > :l: Web Throw > :l: Web Throw > :l: Web Throw > Maximum Spider

Does about 760k as it is right now, but it could probably do more without a DHC. Wondering if I could put an cr.:h: > :s: > sj.:m::m::h::s: after Spider Sting.
    If you're thinking of a combo you should usually start with cL. For off or stray confirms just take some parts of your usual bnb to get damage.

If you have Dante or Doom, you're supposed to raw tag them in to get more damage. Doom tags in for short combos to sting and happy birthdays. Dante for long combos ending in corner web throws.

You have 2 ways of getting corner web throws with good damage aside from the web throw loop which is the most efficient way (and most difficult) to get damage in. First one is my old bnb which can work anywhere and ends up with corner web throw but uses ground bounce: cL(M)H xx Lswing, jMMS, sH xx Mwebthrow, zip OTG jS, sM, cH xx Lswing, jMMS, sH xx Lsting+bite, cH+Doom, S, sjMMHS, zip cross, webthrow, tag Dante. The other one is using iNerd's bnb which saves ground bounce but only works if your back is a bit closer to the corner (before half screen during the first web throw): cL(M)H xx Lswing, jMMS, sH xx Mwebthrow, zip OTG jS, sM, cH, S, sjMMH xx Hswing, sjMMS, land then jump up forward while calling Doom (missiles will OTG going up), webthrow, webthrow, tag Dante.

If you can plink and can do the webthrow loop, you can do cL(M)H xx Lswing, jMMS, sH xx Mwebthrow, [plink ~ cMH xx Mwebthrow] 3x, plink ~ cMH xx Lsting+bite, cH+Doom, S, sjMMHS, zip cross, webthrow, tag Dante. You can also omit the sting to save the bounce.
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,076
    The easiest way to get more damage from said combo without changing combos is to do s:m: :s: after the jump rep. From there you get sj :m: :m: :h: xx :h: web swing sj :m: :m: :s:. More than likely you will be in the corner when you land so jump :uf: and call Doom. Land and do :m: web throw then :l: web throw. From there you can raw tag into Dante without using ground bounce
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
    What do you guys do for incoming mixups?
    i have another question, is there a certain rhythm to landing the plink dash combos, i have the plink dash down and can get crouching h, but still cant get crouching m after 3 plinks, any tips?
    edited May 2014
    Do the first dash right after you hear spider-man start to say "See . . ."

A while ago, I discovered that you can squeeze in one more rep of the loop in the combo which starts with TK web swing if you confirm with j.:m: j.:m: j.:s:, land s.:h: xx :l: web throw instead of j.:h: j.:s:, land s.:m: s.:h: xx :l: web throw
    after a while, i can do it but wit 4 plink dashes not 3, idk if i have to do them faster, or slower,
    after a while, i can do it but wit 4 plink dashes not 3, idk if i have to do them faster, or slower,
    I do 4, it's more consistent.
    DeskLampTV wrote: »

A while ago, I discovered that you can squeeze in one more rep of the loop in the combo which starts with TK web swing if you confirm with j.:m: j.:m: j.:s:, land s.:h: xx :l: web throw instead of j.:h: j.:s:, land s.:m: s.:h: xx :l: web throw
    j.:h: j.:s: always had worse hsd after a web swing compared to j.:m: j.:m: j.:s:. Also, there are times that starting with medium web throw for the loop keeps your opponent from flipping after the last c.:m:, it can even allow for one more rep at times.
    Also its a lot easier doing the loop against nemesis, hulk, 3 dashs work

And against small and mid sizes, I go with a rhythm pattern while plinking 4 times. Just mess it up when I try plinking too early during the Web throw sometimes.

Oh and if standing m comes out by mistake during the loop , while calling bolts, a m Web throw can connect

U just plink and press the assist at the same time, keeps them up, probably even more combo potential
    Raoh wrote: »
    I do 4, it's more consistent.
    DeskLampTV wrote: »

j.:h: j.:s: always had worse hsd after a web swing compared to j.:m: j.:m: j.:s:. Also, there are times that starting with medium web throw for the loop keeps your opponent from flipping after the last c.:m:, it can even allow for one more rep at times.
    Right, I usually start with :l: web throw when I can because it has more damage in the beginning, but I'll definitely look into certain confirms to see if starting with :m: instead will allow for different combo variations towards the end.

BTW, do you guys know about the full screen disruptor + :m: web ball confirm? you basically just call disruptor and shoot a web ball right after and then plink dash across the screen and pick up with c.:m: s.:h: xx :m: web throw. You can get 5 reps of the loop after that. It probably works with Hawkeye's greyhound assist and other quick horizontal assists too.
  • QiwiQiwi Joined: Posts: 27
    Is there a good way to implement Cold Star in your combos? I've been trying it for a bit but can't find a way to get like an extra web throw.
  • angelandradeangelandrade Joined: Posts: 1
    PadWarrior wrote: »
    I'm having a hard consistently hitting spider sting. Also, what's a good combo to use the otg effect from the web zip? I can't seem to figure one out

I also had a little trouble the same, for hit combo
    Fashion
    gaya rambut
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 1,060
    edited August 2014
    Qiwi wrote: »
    Is there a good way to implement Cold Star in your combos? I've been trying it for a bit but can't find a way to get like an extra web throw.

Pretty late response, I know, but if you're still interested I ran Spidey/Doom/Ammy for a good while. If you do the triple web swing combo into the corner and press j. :m: j. :m: j. :s: + Cold Star after the last web swing, you can time a cr. :h: xx Spider Sting that will cross up into Cold Star. You can then web throw into corner and save your ground bounce for later.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330