UMvC3 Bugs and Glitches thread

Comments

• Spartan_ThroneSpartan_Throne Iron Fist dabes Joined: Posts: 1,473 ✭✭

In this video around the 4:07:15 mark Dorm does a front grab but the opponent goes backwards.

Yeah it happens from time to time. There's another little thing where if you do a backthrow and ADDF too soon to catch them while they fall, you'll for some bizarre reason get ADDB.

You input :df:+:atk::atk: but get :db:+:atk::atk:, it's odd.
    UMVC3 - Mags/Dorm/Doom ~ Wolv/Dorm/[Fist/Akuma/Doom]
    KOFXIII - Kyo/K'/Beni
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭✭
    HOLYFUCK yeah. I thought it was a problem with my stick or some shit, but it happens with every air dash character.
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
  • JuuMJuuM Dan sucks Joined: Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭
    You have to add :uf:/:u:/:ub: at the end of your special/hyper move to jump cancel the launcher, with auto super jump it does that for you.
    UMvC3: Wesker-γ/Doom-α/Strider-γ
    Side character(s): Dormammu, Hawkeye
    Hearthstone: Rogue
  • MPE1704TKSMPE1704TKS Joined: Posts: 1
    You have to add :uf:/:u:/:ub: at the end of your special/hyper move to jump cancel the launcher, with auto super jump it does that for you.
    Thanks for the info. I assumed that a tiger knee would put me in the air, like in mvc2, which is why i never tried it. Glad I came here for the help.
  • willy7867willy7867 Joined: Posts: 150
    I was playing a Thor today and i was using Spencer. I Bionic armed and X-Factor'd right as Thor used his command grab hyper. as the grab hit me he DHC'd into Iron Man's Photon Cannon. For some reason Spencer appeared behind Iron Man and he couldn't be hit and then it went through Thor's hyper grab animation without him on the screen.
  • JetpackJesus808JetpackJesus808 I wish Lee was in SFxT Joined: Posts: 847

In this video around the 4:07:15 mark Dorm does a front grab but the opponent goes backwards.
    This just happened to me today. I did a front airthrow with Phoenix, but my opponent flew backwards out of it, as if i did a back throw.
    UMvC3: Skrull/Joe/Akuma  TTT2: Purple/Pheonix  SFxT: Poison/Raven, learning Steve  AE2012: Rose, Sagat
    XBL: JetpackJesus808

• LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,770
    I think it happens when the opponent is airdashing and you happen to grab them right as or a little after they go over your head. It's like the game is trying to keep you going the same way by wall bouncing you over there. I've learned to recognize it when it happens, but haven't really found a way to do it intentionally. I think it's been in the game since vanilla. I just capitalize off of it whenever I can.
  • RaohRaoh AU Spider Joined: Posts: 939 ✭✭

This is me doing the wall bounce web throw bug (doesn't use wall bounce property). Probably the same with Dorm grab issue. I hope someone can explain so this tech can be done (or avoided) more consistently/effectively.

I can induce the bug on Thor by doing a kara sting and :m: web throw after a web throw to the corner. However, I have be able to get this sometimes during matches against other characters when I do a web throw to corner.
    Spider-Man - Combos and Tech
    PSN: KingRaou - Spider-Man/Hawkeye<>Dr.Doom
  • DazedDazed ... Joined: Posts: 578 ✭✭
    may as well post this here.

was using Nova/Hawk vs 5bars Jean. Did something like LMHS, (TK)PoTNF, (DHC to Kiss of Fire when Jean's health falls to 0). as Kiss of Fire hit Jean, I mashed jHS w/Hawk. jS became a hard knockdown, as if DP was still in a "aerial rave" state (even though this should be a new combo that didn't start one). Later tried with stuff like Task legion arrow to Firebrand install hyper with the same results.

At first I thought this was intentionally placed to prevent DP players from calling assists on frame1, but I later tried on a combo that didn't start an aerial rave at all (i.e. Hailstorm->Install Hyper DHC on aerial Jean) and the followup jS just had a lot of hitstun, as it normally should. Prolly a minor error they forgot to account for or some ish. :zzz:
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,014

This is me doing the wall bounce web throw bug (doesn't use wall bounce property). Probably the same with Dorm grab issue. I hope someone can explain so this tech can be done (or avoided) more consistently/effectively.

I can induce the bug on Thor by doing a kara sting and :m: web throw after a web throw to the corner. However, I have be able to get this sometimes during matches against other characters when I do a web throw to corner.

Oh I already figured that one out. It has to do with crossing them up and grabbing them the first frame or the ground bounce when you have them high enough. When you cross them up web throw should grab at the very peak of the initial ground bounce before they start the second bounce. If caught correctly the game will register as Spidey throwing them away from the corner but show him throwing to the corner. I was able to replicate this a few times midscreen but this was the best explanation I could come up with.
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
    I know how the bug works with this setup. What I wanted is how exactly the bug works in general since this doesn't only happen with this particular setup. The bug obviously involves a cross up but the fake bounce happens even with late (not 1 or 2-frame) web throws to the corner.
  • SexyLaserShowSexyLaserShow I wumbo, you wumbo.. Joined: Posts: 67

Shuma grabbing Wolvie out of Berserker Slash at a certain time causes the camera to flip to the other side
    Ever had sex with a Pharaoh?
  • illestdesignsillestdesigns Joined: Posts: 1
    I was just playing online and had Mag/Storm vs Spencer. I did mag tempest, he did bionic arm (forgot the real name), I dhc'd into storm hail. Magneto got hit with the arm and died. I ended up losing the match.

Sorry if this is actually the game mechanics or already addressed, but isn't the first character supposed to be safe after a dhc? I tried a search but only seasons beatings stuff came up.
  • willy7867willy7867 Joined: Posts: 150
    Don't know if this has already been posted, but i noticed today that if Spencer calls Spider-mans web ball assist and then grapples the opponent and lets his arm come back without doing a followup, if the web ball hits you can still press L for the reel in punch even though his arm is back.
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,014
    Actually since we talking about glitches does anyone know the exact reason why capture state specials reset damage/hsd and can other people look into the wall bounce glitch? I thought I understood it but I got it today without using spider sting so now I'm really interested in finding a way to make it consistent.
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
  • Luis1luis1Luis1luis1 Joined: Posts: 185
    When in training mode with Ryu, i sometimes do combos that involve tigerkneeing the S to do beam super up while they float in the air and i would notice that sometimes Xfactor would come out even though i had only pressed 3 buttons. whats up with that? and the reason why i came to post was because right now i was doing a combo that involved Ryu's rapid hadoken into Denjin mode and xfacor came out. the exact last inputs were: S S S S down S down H+L and xfactor came out. HOW?!?!
  • Mr Mew MewMr Mew Mew Joined: Posts: 29
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy shit, I had the greatest glitch happened to me during a set w/ a great Zero player (SU Cless).

During the end, It was my Frank vs his Ryu. I ended up Killing him with a Zombie swing after releasing my Giant Swing H zombie.

Now here's where the weird thing happened. During Frank's winning animation the Giant swing H zombie was following frank and continued moving along with the regular zombie in Frank's animation.
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
  • DazedDazed ... Joined: Posts: 578 ✭✭
    Holy shit, I had the greatest glitch happened to me during a set w/ a great Zero player (SU Cless).

During the end, It was my Frank vs his Ryu. I ended up Killing him with a Zombie swing after releasing my Giant Swing H zombie.

Now here's where the weird thing happened. During Frank's winning animation the Giant swing H zombie was following frank and continued moving along with the regular zombie in Frank's animation.

are you sure that wasn't Hammer Throw (charge move) that you used, later appearing in Frank's win animation? I use that as a taunt I took from Prozac a while ago
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoops yeah it was the charge move. I though Giant Swing was the charge move.
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
  • MetroidDreadMetroidDread Joined: Posts: 69
    i discovered a nova DHC glitch

Hsien-Ko/Morrigan/Dormammu
    Frank West/Nova/Rocket Raccoon
    Felicia/Strider Hiryu/Ghost Rider
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrMetroidDread
  • HusbandHusband Loving them traps Joined: Posts: 1
    Just some stuff I discovered while messing around with the Nova DHC glitch.

• Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭
    Photon Shot looks really pretty from that angle.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭✭
    It seems that any assist that ends with the assist character on the opposite side of your point from the opponent but on the same side as your health bar (P1=Left, P2=Right) then the assist's exit animation will push your opponent out of the corner. On hit, with some normals, you actually pass through the opponent, into the corner, effectively creating a 50/50 left/right mixup with ALL characters in that situation. Tested on Doom with H-Ko's swing assist and Ammy's st.M, GR's cr.M, and PW's investigation cr.H (one press). This seems like it could be done on block, but I'm not too sure.

On the plus side, errybody be gettin' them situational 50/50 mixups.
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • AirtolaAirtola Seas: Protected Joined: Posts: 67
    Nem lvl 3 xf command throw glitch
    @Airtola
    Team: Hulk/Nemesis T-Type/Taskmaster
    PSN: Airtola
    "Don't get hit. That's right. Don't get hit. If you've got 1.2m health, don't get hit. If you've got 650k health, don't get hit. If you get hit, don't get hit. Just don't get hit. If you get hit in Marvel, die quickly. That's right. You're going to die quickly if you get hit." - DefaultCamera
  • ZansamZansam Frank Time! Joined: Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    It's likely due to the reduced active frames during the XF speed boost. One of my friends always jokes that in theory XF3 skrull's command throw should always whiff 'cause it'd go from 1 active frame rounded down to 0 in XF3. that'd be my guess on the cause.
    The dream is dead.
  • gottnoskillgottnoskill Joined: Posts: 849

Here you go. Just-frame glitches.
  • Heroic_LegacyHeroic_Legacy Hero of all Theory Fighters Joined: Posts: 1,385
    Bout time someone recorded those things happening. Happens all the damn time when I play Wesker v Magneto.
    Grapes of Hoggoth! Eye of Avacados! Flames of the Saltines! The Onion Rings of Raggador!
  • Seraph NicholasSeraph Nicholas Joined: Posts: 4
    Just played someone online, using Magneto, Iron Man, and Sentinel... After magneto died, while Iron Man was in, he crossover countered out of my Okami Shuffle hyper, to Magneto... Clearly heard Iron Man say the name, then he jumped off screen. There was no opponent for about three seconds, just enough for Okami Shuffle to end, then Iron Man jumped back in.

Latency glitch, maybe? I've never seen it before.
    That's the Kubota escape glitch. Look it up.
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 23
    Other than TAC Infinite. Why is Air Dash ability card (from HvH card deck) quickly tech's the juggled opponents on.

It's unnatural.

Such as:
    *Chris' Combination Punch (mainly H)
    *Vergil's High Time (after Air Combo to Helm Breaker (w/ Trick as additions))
    *Dante's Volcano
    *Wesker's Cobra Strike
    *Zero's Raikousen
    *Super-Skrull's Meteor Smash (after Tenderizer L, dash, S, sjf-S, air dp+AT, possible to combo quickly)
    *Doctor Strange's Impact Palm
    *Iron Fist's Surging Fist & Twin Snakes (possible to quickly combo quickly)

Just for example, i've already try it on Vita version
    Hope it's ok to send the list that i find & hearing from:[YouTube,Video Game(PSP, PS3, PS2),Anime]:
    http://larsmasters.deviantart.com/art/MvC3-Marvel-JPN-VA-List-189658067
  • poryon2poryon2 aka ocean Joined: Posts: 512
    Other than TAC Infinite. Why is Air Dash ability card (from HvH card deck) quickly tech's the juggled opponents on.

It's unnatural.

Such as:
    *Chris' Combination Punch (mainly H)
    *Vergil's High Time (after Air Combo to Helm Breaker (w/ Trick as additions))
    *Dante's Volcano
    *Wesker's Cobra Strike
    *Zero's Raikousen
    *Super-Skrull's Meteor Smash (after Tenderizer L, dash, S, sjf-S, air dp+AT, possible to combo quickly)
    *Doctor Strange's Impact Palm
    *Iron Fist's Surging Fist & Twin Snakes (possible to quickly combo quickly)

Just for example, i've already try it on Vita version
    I'm guessing they either wanted to make H&H "balanced" (lol) or just bad game programming, which is entirely possible with the dumb bugs in this game. Example, when you do Dr. Strange's level 3 Dr. Strange says "Daggers of Denak" after the super flash, and the game has been patched three times since launch...
    umvc3: pw/haggar/arthur
    skullgirls: peacock/double
    persona 4 arena: teddie
    psn: poryon2 (umvc3, kof13, skullgrills, p4a)
  • Merkyl999xMerkyl999x Crazy X-23 Guy Joined: Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭
    Managed to get the shadow world glitch off a dirt nap last night.

Spencer incoming into Repulsor lockdown, tried to zip away, X23 caught the dirt nap on the back side and got the cinematic reversed and shadowed. Went back to normal afterwards, though.
    UMvC3: Magneto(EMD)/ X-23(CS)/Dante(JS)
    300%, Welcome to America.
    R.I.P. Iron Man/Rocket Raccoon
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    did frank west's shopping cart super then dhc'd to bionic arm and after my opponent blocked the super all of a sudden franks cart hits my opponent from behind but frank wasnt there.sounds strange i know
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • jaytoojaytoo Joined: Posts: 740
    edited April 2013
    So this thread is dead-ish?... but I discovered a potentially game-significant glitch if we can find out how to reproduce it. Sadly, no video proof, but it definitely happened.

I was running a team of Magneto(hypergrav)/X23(ankleslice)/Doom(missiles), vs. a friend's team of V.Joe/Doom/Vergil.

I built up to 3 bars somehow, and using Magneto, killed v.joe in the (left) corner. I wanted to tag in X23, but my hand slipped, and I did THC by accident. Doom recovered first, of course, but somehow, I was now controlling Doom before the THC was over. When they recovered, Magneto and X23 left the screen, leaving Doom behind, instead of Magneto like normal.

We tried to recreate it a few more times in training mode, but didn't have any luck. Anyone have ideas?
    Post edited by jaytoo on
  • Chef BorjanChef Borjan Joined: Posts: 807
    jaytoo wrote: »
    So this thread is dead-ish?... but I discovered a potentially game-significant glitch if we can find out how to reproduce it. Sadly, no video proof, but it definitely happened.

I was running a team of Magneto(hypergrav)/X23(ankleslice)/Doom(missiles), vs. a friend's team of V.Joe/Doom/Vergil.

I built up to 3 bars somehow, and using Magneto, killed v.joe in the (left) corner. I wanted to tag in X23, but my hand slipped, and I did THC by accident. Doom recovered first, of course, but somehow, I was now controlling Doom before the THC was over. When they recovered, Magneto and X23 left the screen, leaving Doom behind, instead of Magneto like normal.

We tried to recreate it a few more times in training mode, but didn't have any luck. Anyone have ideas?

That would be incredible if you could make it work reliably.

• phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 6,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dazed wrote: »
    may as well post this here.

was using Nova/Hawk vs 5bars Jean. Did something like LMHS, (TK)PoTNF, (DHC to Kiss of Fire when Jean's health falls to 0). as Kiss of Fire hit Jean, I mashed jHS w/Hawk. jS became a hard knockdown, as if DP was still in a "aerial rave" state (even though this should be a new combo that didn't start one). Later tried with stuff like Task legion arrow to Firebrand install hyper with the same results.

At first I thought this was intentionally placed to prevent DP players from calling assists on frame1, but I later tried on a combo that didn't start an aerial rave at all (i.e. Hailstorm->Install Hyper DHC on aerial Jean) and the followup jS just had a lot of hitstun, as it normally should. Prolly a minor error they forgot to account for or some ish. :zzz:

Pretty sure this isn't a glitch. When you launch a char, they have a sort of "launched state" which persists unless they get hard knockdown'd or the combo drops ; I would assume the dark phoenix transformation would end the combo without either of these and they did not program the transformation to get rid of the launched state.
    jaytoo wrote: »

trippin balls, that would be insane if it is consistently possible. Unfortunately I dunno if it will actually be replicable, even if the activation situation is as simple as dead character -> maybe cancel raw tag with thc
    edited April 2013
    Could it not be related to the Kubota glitch? It almost sounds to me like you somehow cancelled the Kubota glitch into a TAC, so instead of cancelling into snap and causing the typical Kubota escape you cancelled into TAC causing an active switch during a TAC. I'm probably just talking shite but this is the only thing I can think of at this moment that might possibly have happened, since you said your self that you actually did try and tag but got this glitch instead.
    Post edited by Demon Dash on
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
    Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know if the DOWN state after killing an enemy is the same state as the likes of super freeze?
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't found anything especially funny-looking with this one yet.

RE: Hulk/Maximum Spider glitch- that's pretty similar to what happens when you do the Speed Tackle glitch with Haggar's level 3... See here. I wonder what the relation is to Maximum Spider...?
    Ota City's Finest!
    My dumbass twitter: @discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Main Squads - Nova β Doom α Ammy β, Nova β Vergil γ Strange γ
    Side Projects - Ammy/Strange/Vergil, Joe/Strange/Doom, half-assing work on Viper and MODOK and Shuma...
    USF4: Juri (main), Rose (sub), Guile (not a real American)
    Aquapazza: Chizuru, Touka
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Holy shit! That's like the boss fight against Arkham!
    Kanta-Kun wrote: »
    Tested it:

1- You can only get the OTG snap if Nova goes up during the hyper that chips him out. If he crumples to the ground, you cant get it. This is "random" as far as I've noticed, since I can only get a consistent result with a recording.
    2- When you OTG him, you snap the third character (dante), vergil was already coming in if you timed this right, and as soon as he lands, he should hop out for Dante.
    3- However, if you were holding back with vergil (aka, preventing vergil from reaching a neutral state, by using training mode's dummy control function) he'll stay on screen and dante will hop on to accompany him.
    4- From there on, any input will be duplicated by both characters (hence the DP+M loop they were both doing) near the end.
    5- If you let vergil go into a neutral state at any point, he'll hop out and you'll be left with Dante on screen.

Devil trigger will not run out for vergil, as he is assist tier, and power-ups dont run out on assists.
    Also, funny thing. if vergil goes offscreen, you can't TAG into him, you can't call him as an assist, and you can't DHC into him. And if you kill the point character, you get a KO prompt, with vergil still alive in the back.

Post edited by Kanta-Kun on
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
  • hybreezyhybreezy A Fraud Draws Near Joined: Posts: 7,490

terrible quality...but yeah
    Mediocre at fighting games
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanta-Kun wrote: »
    You can only get the OTG snap if Nova goes up during the hyper that chips him out. If he crumples to the ground, you cant get it. This is "random" as far as I've noticed, since I can only get a consistent result with a recording.

I always thought it had to do with chipping them out so that there's still enough of the hyper left to "combo" them after they die. I see this happen a lot when I chip people out with Super Nova... Gonna mess with this later.
    Ota City's Finest!
    My dumbass twitter: @discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Main Squads - Nova β Doom α Ammy β, Nova β Vergil γ Strange γ
    Side Projects - Ammy/Strange/Vergil, Joe/Strange/Doom, half-assing work on Viper and MODOK and Shuma...
    USF4: Juri (main), Rose (sub), Guile (not a real American)
    Aquapazza: Chizuru, Touka
  • hybreezyhybreezy A Fraud Draws Near Joined: Posts: 7,490
    If they're chicken blocking it seems to occur all the time with Skrull
    Mediocre at fighting games