Xuandou Zhiwang, Chinese Free to Play fighting game (Currently in closed beta)

Comments

• JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New character.
    RAcVCDl.jpg

New Panda outfit.
    L21uMKr.jpg
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    ·
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher The man you love to hate Joined: Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Rufus crossed with Gaira Caffeine from Samurai Shodown.

http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Gaira_Caffeine

Or that dude from Last Blade.
    STOMP!
    ·
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,167 ✭✭
    Wait, hasn't the panda dude been on the character select and other places for a long time?
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
    ·
    Wait, hasn't the panda dude been on the character select and other places for a long time?
    That's why I said outfit and not new character. His name is actually Panda.
    ·
  • 4neqs4neqs thick_thighs Joined: Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ YunYang dude with Hwoarang's pants.
    "But that's SRK for you. SFIV could have a feature where Chun-Li steps out of the TV and gives the players blowjobs, and some would still complain because she wasn't Sakura." --Azrael(?)
    ·
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTA1Njk3MzA0.html

So as probably everyone was expecting, he's a Yun/Yang kinda character, except with the added inclusion of Kim Dong Hwan, Kim Jae Hoon, Lee Rekka, and Hwoarang PLUS demon flips and jaguar kicks for seemingly no reason, but god damn it's awesome.

Also, S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.
    6BNcC5x.jpg
    ·
  • SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Nyan-ko. Joined: Posts: 403
    YouTube video in case that's more your speed:

You know, if I had the capital I'd try to persuade this company to consider localizing this game. It's not a DIRECT rip off of a KoF game, it just uses a lot of animations but the character designs are for the most part unique (let's not look at Kaoru...).

It'd be nice if the PC platform could have a real fighting game to call its own. XD has a style that separates it from the rest of the 2D fighting crowd (due to its use of 3D models as sprites it doesn't really impinge on anything else out in the world).
    I'm a tryhard, big deal. I don't see why you care.
    ·
  • SlamtasticSlamtastic Joined: Posts: 574
    (due to its use of 3D models as sprites it doesn't really impinge on anything else out in the world).
    Killer Instinct
    Chaos Breaker
    ·
    KI wasn't using sprites (well, the SNES version did for lack of processing power). That game actually used real 3D models, just limited to a 2D plane. But the characters were actually texture mapped skeletons, not simple digitizations.

Can't really comment on the second one.
    ·
  • JigsawJigsaw Joined: Posts: 104
    Uh, no, both Killer Instinct games definitely used sprites for the characters.

edit: two other examples off the top of my head are Rise of the Robots and Ragnagard. GBA versions of Tekken and Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance too I guess, lol
    ·
    *Research.*

I hate looking bad.
    ·
  • MonpochiMonpochi Gallery Dweller | Casual FG fan Joined: Posts: 52
    YouTube video in case that's more your speed:

You know, if I had the capital I'd try to persuade this company to consider localizing this game. It's not a DIRECT rip off of a KoF game, it just uses a lot of animations but the character designs are for the most part unique (let's not look at Kaoru...).

It'd be nice if the PC platform could have a real fighting game to call its own. XD has a style that separates it from the rest of the 2D fighting crowd (due to its use of 3D models as sprites it doesn't really impinge on anything else out in the world).

Hmmmn... with Wy Xie (and Sheva, thanks Youtube search) it seems that they are more going for the "inspired" route than the actual lifting of animation frames, the moves are familiar but the individual sprites with close inspection bear less similarity.

- I'm miffed with Wy Xie's use of a fan tho... could've used it more with his moves?
    - The developers love Ranbu type supers so much. *kanye shrug*
    "When people say evolution is a theory I just yell SO IS GRAVITY and then I push them out of a window."
    - teaorcoffee

Stuff I did :3 ... > http://matsunoki.deviantart.com
    ·
    Hmmmn... with Wy Xie (and Sheva, thanks Youtube search) it seems that they are more going for the "inspired" route than the actual lifting of animation frames, the moves are familiar but the individual sprites with close inspection bear less similarity.
    Sheva is an almost one to one rip off of Benimaru. Wy Xie is more of a mixed inspired character though.
    - I'm miffed with Wy Xie's use of a fan tho... could've used it more with his moves?
    - The developers love Ranbu type supers so much. *kanye shrug*
    Ranbu supers are a staple of the KoF series, it only makes sense that a series that imitates KoF would be similar. And I wouldn't even say there's a lot of Ranbu supers. Besides Wy Xie, only Yan, Arashi, Long, Ameth, and Shirley have Ranbus. That's 6 out of 19 characters with a Ranbu super.
    ·
  • Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,516
    The more i see of this game the more i get upset...
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
    ·
    Wy Xie looks like he could be fierce in the right hands. So many hits in such a short amount of time.

I wanna use him.
    ·
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher The man you love to hate Joined: Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know how anyone can get upset over this. It's F2P and no one's forcing it on you. Don't like it then play KOF 98/02 on GGPO or try 13 if you have a local KOF scene. Personally, this game looks pretty hype. I also like that you can go 1 v 1 or 3 v 3 style. I prefer 1 v 1 because it gives me more time to learn a character.

On that note; in 1 v 1 mode is the damage and health changed ala Skullgirls?
    STOMP!
    ·
    No. It's just like KoF, 1v1 is the exact same except instead of having a team it's 2 out of 3.
    ·
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 1,270

Me too, but because I can't play it.
    ·
  • Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,516
    I don't know how anyone can get upset over this. It's F2P and no one's forcing it on you. Don't like it then play KOF 98/02 on GGPO or try 13 if you have a local KOF scene. Personally, this game looks pretty hype. I also like that you can go 1 v 1 or 3 v 3 style. I prefer 1 v 1 because it gives me more time to learn a character.

This is the reason why...
    Me too, but because I can't play it.
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
    ·
  • DoctorForHireDoctorForHire Cpt. Troy Handsome Joined: Posts: 84
    So is there a more reliably way to get a beta key yet?
    Courage isn't just a matter of not being afraid. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway.
    ·
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,167 ✭✭
    For the hundredth time, no.
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
    ·
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭
    this KOF13 clone is cool and all, but.. http://steamcommunity.com/games/222940

unless they get their shit together and release it internationally, KOF13 will make this kind of irrelevant
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
    ·

unless they get their shit together and release it internationally, KOF13 will make this kind of irrelevant
    It's a different game entirely. It would be like saying 13 makes 98UMFE irrelevant. If you like 13 then play 13, if you like Flip Bucket (and can play it) play Flip Bucket. You act like you have to choose one or the other.

Also, I wouldn't expect 13's netcode to be different from the console version, in which case the online will be unplayable, and all you'd really have is a nice looking training mode.
    ·
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭
    i'm just bitter because i can't play it :P
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
    ·
    i'm just bitter because i can't play it :P
    Understandable. For the record, it's more of a 98 clone than a 13 clone.
    ·
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 1,270
    and all you'd really have is a nice looking training mode.

Or, for those with friends, something to play on.
    ·

I...don't understand? Is KoF XIII coming to PC?
    ·
  • CrimsonMoonMistCrimsonMoonMist Joined: Posts: 398
    I...don't understand? Is KoF XIII coming to PC?
    It's not officially announced yet but it and the UM titles have been found on the Steam App database.
    ·
    So when (if?) this Windows 8 app gets here, we'd still need a way to buy the game, I imagine.
    ·
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭
    I bet it's coming to steam since it's already on XBL through GFWL servers or however it works. I'll bet you it's still the same shitty netcode and won't work that well. It'll be neat to have a functioning form of 98um and 02um to run locally on a laptop to bring to BYOC at majors or something, but unless there is a netcode overhaul (which SNKP most probably won't do) don't get your hopes up. XDZW is still the best hope for a functioning KOF game with good netcode that's not 98og/02og.
    ·
  • ReddChiefReddChief Joined: Posts: 36

Xuandou Zhiwang >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KOF13 nice try tho
    ·
  • cygnuscygnus going up Joined: Posts: 976
    Xuandou Zhiwang >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KOF13 nice try tho

ehh........

and those games probably arent coming out on steam. a more likely scenario is that they were once planning to release them and decided not to. and even if they did, theres no reason to think the online would be any different
    ·
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 435 ✭✭
    The more I look at this game, the more I want to play it. Damnit......
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) / Dorothy (Love) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Byakuya | DBFC: Miyuki / Shana / Asuna / Kirino / Rentaro
    ·
    edited February 2013
    Promo vid for CoolB:

Not a new character but this video is new since I saw the carrier stage and Wy Xie in it (odd they'd give Wy Xie such a video before doing an existing character).

Some of his combos seem kind of glitchy (particularly the one that suddenly shoots up to 99 hits out of nowhere).
    Post edited by SolidSonicTH on
    ·

Some of his combos seem kind of glitchy (particularly the one that suddenly shoots up to 99 hits out of nowhere).

His super does that many hits, it's not a glitch.
    ·
    edited February 2013
    Smh, never mind. I wasn't watching the counter in the standalone demonstration of the super. You're right.
    ·
  • yoh001yoh001 Joined: Posts: 147 ✭✭
    I wonder when those guys are gonna bring out the full launch for this game.

I would love to play this.
    FC: 4811 - 7485 - 8425

Pokemon X
    ·
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭
    It's like you don't think they can rip off KOF any more shamelessly and then they prove you wrong. I do wish this game could be player outside of China though.
    ·
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    I FIND IT INCREDIBLY INFURIATING THAT kof13 isn't out for pc but its out for smart phones. :-L
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
    ·
  • SpαrksterSpαrkster G.F.B.T.G. Joined: Posts: 312
    Anyone in the US wanna play? I'm waiting on Laban to get his code and his computer probably wont even run it properly, and I'm itching to play a match with less than 400 ping. I don't know how the friend system works, but I'm Sparkster in-game and I'm on the second server ( III ) but I can jump over to the main one since I haven't unlocked much yet.
    ·
    Anyone in the US wanna play? I'm waiting on Laban to get his code and his computer probably wont even run it properly, and I'm itching to play a match with less than 400 ping. I don't know how the friend system works, but I'm Sparkster in-game and I'm on the second server ( III ) but I can jump over to the main one since I haven't unlocked much yet.
    If the game was working on Windows 8 I'd be in there.  Are they giving out beta keys again? If not, Laban's probably not getting in for a while.
    ·
    http://xd.qq.com/act/a20130115spring/index.htm

If you have a QQ account you can use buttons 2 and 3 to fish for the four icons below. If you light all four up before March 1st, you get a beta code. I got mine after 4 days of trying, and Laban's been SOL for a week or so. Time's running out so this is the chance for a code if you're still stuck out of the game.
    ·
  • BoboGloryBoboGlory Joined: Posts: 522 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Do you have to be in China for the QQ account or they don't care where you are from?

EDIT: It looks like they want me to blog something for buttons 2 and 3
    Post edited by BoboGlory on
    ·
    edited February 2013
    How to register for XD/Flip Bucket/KOF89:

1] Make a QQ account here. You'll need:
    • An email address
    • A Chinese ID so that you can input your matching birthday/gender. Copy ALL OF THE INFO FROM THE TOP BOX AND SAVE IT or you'll get merked later.
    • Pick somewhere in China for the location. 
    • Your user name here doesn't really show up anywhere other than a display name once logged into the QQ network.
    2] You should now get a QQ number. REMEMBER THIS! You'll be using it to log in to your account instead of the username.

3] Before going any further, check out http://xd.qq.com/act/a20130115spring/index.htm and log in by pressing the first button. You'll input your QQ number, password, and then sometimes a captcha. 

3.5] Press #2, and you're prompted to input your fake info again to open up microblogging into your account, which is essentially Chinese Twitter. Afterwards, you can press buttons 2 and 3 each day for two icons. Repeat this step each day until all four icons are lit. Good luck.

4] Once lit, you can press the giant redeem button for your beta code. Save it, and you'll see a link to download the game on the same page. Do so.

5] After putting the beta code in the game, the last step is to verify your account which can be done on the login screen or on http://jkyx.qq.com/ . This is where you let the Chinese ID generator shines. It'll give you ID, name, phone number, sex, and birthdate. Make sure to use the Chinese info and not the Korean data below it. I'm not 100% sure if the initial birthday has to match up with the one you input here, but make them match for good measure. Again, the location doesn't matter but the final box next to it asks for the mobile phone number that's also provided in the generator. If everything went well, you can now get into the game and create your game handle and start playing.
    Post edited by Spαrkster on
    ·
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Laban to get a laptop and I'll show up to RAMnation every single time.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
    ·
    Get Laban to get a laptop and I'll show up to RAMnation every single time.

·
    I have no fucking clue how new SRK forums works and quotation devices so fuck it we going to jail.  Double post.

I don't know if this game has local multiplayer since it is designed to be an MMO, I'll mess around and try to find it.

I do have a laptop but it's super shit so I can't run the thing smoothly, I need to buy a new one.

Guess what, I need a job to not only get gas money to go to Ramnation but also to buy a new desktop (which I haven't had in years) and a new laptop and to pay for EVO trip. Wish me luck on Jamba Juice's national hiring day.
    ·
    edited February 2013
    How to register for XD/Flip Bucket/KOF89:

1] Make a QQ account here. You'll need:
    • An email address
    • A Chinese ID so that you can input your matching birthday/gender. Copy ALL OF THE INFO FROM THE TOP BOX AND SAVE IT or you'll get merked later.
    • Pick somewhere in China for the location. 
    • Your user name here doesn't really show up anywhere other than a display name once logged into the QQ network.
    2] You should now get a QQ number. REMEMBER THIS! You'll be using it to log in to your account instead of the username.

3] Before going any further, check out http://xd.qq.com/act/a20130115spring/index.htm and log in by pressing the first button. You'll input your QQ number, password, and then sometimes a captcha. 

3.5] Press #2, and you're prompted to input your fake info again to open up microblogging into your account, which is essentially Chinese Twitter. Afterwards, you can press buttons 2 and 3 each day for two icons. Repeat this step each day until all four icons are lit. Good luck.

4] Once lit, you can press the giant redeem button for your beta code. Save it, and you'll see a link to download the game on the same page. Do so.

5] After putting the beta code in the game, the last step is to verify your account which can be done on the login screen or on http://jkyx.qq.com/ . This is where you let the Chinese ID generator shines. It'll give you ID, name, phone number, sex, and birthdate. Make sure to use the Chinese info and not the Korean data below it. I'm not 100% sure if the initial birthday has to match up with the one you input here, but make them match for good measure. Again, the location doesn't matter but the final box next to it asks for the mobile phone number that's also provided in the generator. If everything went well, you can now get into the game and create your game handle and start playing.
    Could you explain Step 3.5 a bit better? There's a lot involved in that step. It's like a whole separate registration process.

EDIT: Okay I think I got it. I managed to sign up for a microblogging thing so now I think I'm good to go. I couldn't press 2 and 3 in the same day, though. It didn't give me two icons for doing so.
    ·
  • cygnuscygnus going up Joined: Posts: 976
    lemme know when you guys get in so we can play. gotta get that level 45............
    ·