Xuandou Zhiwang, Chinese Free to Play fighting game (Currently in closed beta)

Comments

• SlamtasticSlamtastic Joined: Posts: 565
    With reverse image searching, I've managed to find every direct capture screenshot they've put out at a higher res.

I still think it looks good.

Also, thanks to whoever edited the title.

I should try to get a better OP going, or someone could make a better thread once a new video comes out.
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭
    Could they at least made Karou's hair a different shade? She's nearly identical to Athena.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭✭
    The website has updated featuring what I'm guessing is a story synapse and some system info.

Anyone able to read Chinese?
  • C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 300 ✭✭
    Translation by google lol

[SIZE=16px]In 20xx, a meteorite (later known as Messiah) hit Peru in South America, the impact energy in the former Soviet Union, comparable to Tunguska explosion, so that in subsequent days, the number of miles around the region the "White Nights" phenomenon. Fortunately, the impact occurred in the jungle, on the surrounding human society did not cause devastating damage. This event is known as the "first impact."
    After the impact of United Nations organizations, national experts on the scene for as long as several years of study, between the biological contamination.Subsequently, the impact of on-site radius of one hundred miles of land has been tight blockade and isolation, to martial law troops in the country of Peru, between the tight control of all information.
    Biological contamination from the Messiah to bring, and was later named the EVA is a cross between between life and non-living body of new material. In the excavation site of impact, the research team found a similar emerald crystals, in a subsequent study it to discover the vital signs. It is in its research and experimentation when the research team members all had different degrees of variation of vital signs, then, have died. The study found that before the discovery of the crystal size is less than the virus is a combination of life forms, and impose the dormant state, in the study group for an experiment of its time, the activation of its biological activity. This virus is also small compared with the material into the body without the knowledge of researchers, and binding to the cell, researchers led physical abnormalities. This event was later called "the first baptism."
    The establishment of ERD: the first impact, the countries expert group composed of the characteristics of EVA have a certain understanding. For this risk, but may be the world's new energy alternatives of the future new substances, the Western countries hope their research and development. After consultation of various forces, decided to set up a common organization (ERD) to carry out research and development of the EVA, and strict control of its resources. The organization's senior by a 13-person committee to make decisions, every two years by the Committee members to pick out one specific organization responsible for the actual operation, to the Commission.
    Maple Family: Maple comes from an ancient Chinese family, the family thousands of years active in the Chinese history behind the stage, they bear the mission no one can know. Now Feng represents the rise of Asia's emerging economic and political power. Resources in the development of EVA was formed out of a list of ERD than maple unacceptable, the family can not allow ourselves to lose in this new era of leadership in Asia. In one incident, Feng spent all of the financial and material resources to find ways to come into contact with the EVA.
    Doo Hyun King Contest: spend a lot of the maple family, financial and material resources to study the EVA, when a group calling itself "SHINE" the sudden appearance of a small company, providing a large amount of research data and maple high-quality EVA. In SHINE with the help of the EVA study of Feng quickly catching up ERD. Study found that when the body is reached and EVA symbiosis symbiotic state, the symbiont itself determines the energy of the impact of their EVA, in a symbiosis can greatly stimulate the emotions / energy the next outbreak of an opportunity, EVA will be with a total of Health and body resonate, to strengthen the energy characteristics of symbiosis, that is awakening. Selection of a lot of good in the pursuit of "awakening" and the case of maple with the idea of ​​holding a world fighting competition. ERD also noted Feng also mastered the secret of awakening, began monitoring the competition.
    [/SIZE]

• frustratedsquirrelfrustratedsquirrel Masky stripey man! Wtf is a raccoon? Joined: Posts: 3,761
    The developers could have tried a little harder not to make it -so- KOF...

but honest? I like the art style and character design. It has this trendy sort of vibe that's neither too 'anime' nor too 'western', which is a pretty damn hard balance to achieve. Or am I just spouting bullcrap again?
    From team Sp00ky's TvC stream:
    "Alex? He will put his mitts all over you dude. Like he's so grimy, he shows up to the party and is like 'RAAAGH' and rips his shirt off"
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 400
    Is it me or has anyone noticed they literally ripped the S4 League emblem for their timer?

S4_League_icon.png

F9D0M.jpg

I find it hilarious actually but oh well, it's China.....what can ya do? Anyway, putting that and the ripoff aspect aside, the game looks okay but I would rather like to see it more in action before I give a more definite opinion about this.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) / Dorothy (Love) | P4U: Chie | Jojo All-Star Battle: Puuchi Enrico
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭
    It look nice for a knock off...the main characters = Iori, Kyo, kula, athena, freeman and shen woo. I can also see a number of KOF/SNK characters (iori, kim, eiji, ash, andy, kaede, k', kim dong hwan etc) animations and not to mention the KOF 98 stage:

6.jpg

Well they say the imitation is the best form of flattery...

Rip-off or not, the game looks quite good, it seems to play like a traditional fighter, it will probably be released on PC and Arcade only :(

I really hope that games like this, Chaos Code and Aquapazza are released on PSN/XBAL

Dat plagiarism.
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Unreal Black Thing! Joined: Posts: 1,365
    It'd be nice if, much like Chaos Code, ASW could scoop these guys up and give their game a chance to be played by more people. But I would wager the circumstances would be quite different here.
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭
    It'd be nice if, much like Chaos Code, ASW could scoop these guys up and give their game a chance to be played by more people. But I would wager the circumstances would be quite different here.
    That would be the smart thing to do.......*sighs at the likelihood of that happening*
    youtube channel keobas

http://www.youtube.com/user/keobas
  • RazentsuRazentsu I can see the frames! Joined: Posts: 66
    As copycat as this game is, it looks like fun. I would play.
  • Marmalade-BeatMarmalade-Beat のヮの Joined: Posts: 450
    They say good men borrow and great men steal.
    Though I ask what's the thievery equivalent to "above-average" because this game breathes it.
    I'd hype it up but I would feel dirty doing so.
    のヮの
  • INCIDENTINCIDENT ACTION BASTARD! Joined: Posts: 335
    I'd say it's pretty safe once this game hits, gets leaked and pirated like no one's business, you'd all be on it. I would.

I mean, why not return China favor? ;)
    Select screen
    99Rz6.jpg

Character

3/7, something happens

Some kind of signup
    http://xd.qq.com/act/a20120213cdkey/index.shtml

If anyone can read the main site and find out if it's betaing soon or something, that would be great.
    http://xd.qq.com
    lol Mr.Karate (Ryo) and Akuma fusion!!
    I found the stages revealed so far too, they're nice
    qr37nl.jpg
    3UAibl.jpg
    HwHiwl.jpg
    C7onOl.jpg
    Ell Blue's moveset

The new character and his son, SSJ Gohan
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,123 ✭✭
    According to... Babelfish (lol) the Beta will be fully available for download on March 7 but i guess you need to buy a registration key in order to play...
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • narsnars Your local Gunta Hunta. Joined: Posts: 288
    The third stage reminds me alot of cvs2.
    I found the stages revealed so far too, they're nice
    Stage 1 = KOF 98 middle east
    Stage 2 = KOF 97 nightclub
    Stage 3 = either from KOF 94 or CVS 2
    Stage 4 = KOF 94 jungle plane crash - ikari warriors

SSJ Ryo/Akuma and his son SSJ Rock howard looks cool though!
    Dat plagiarism.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 9,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The third stage reminds me alot of cvs2.

More like a blend of kof 94 Ikari stage, and 97 orochi stage.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 536
    so.. blue dude has Ash's flash kick from KOF, and Hayatos magnetive shockwave super from MVC2. look at it close. Also big freaky dude plays almost exactly like Freeman from mark of the wolves. I bet the new character will play like Ryo. peh..

Edit: just saw the videos above, yeah he plays like ryo. lol.
  • Episode_667Episode_667 Hybrid Dolphin Joined: Posts: 656
    "Shanwoo"? Really? Come on guys, at least put a bit of effort into your plagiarism.
    "That's like practicing godhand by playing dynasty warriors." - DropOff
    so.. blue dude has Ash's flash kick from KOF, and Hayatos magnetive shockwave super from MVC2. look at it close. Also big freaky dude plays almost exactly like Freeman from mark of the wolves. I bet the new character will play like Ryo. peh..

Edit: just saw the videos above, yeah he plays like ryo. lol.

I didn't see any Ryo style...but I did see where he beat his opponent before time ran out...and the beaten fighter still had 30% or more health. Wtf?

http://media.17173.com/xd/2012-03-07/20120307210816172.shtml
    It says "Winner" instead of "KO", so I think it's some mode or setting?
  • milesokeefemilesokeefe Spammy Joined: Posts: 387
    "Shanwoo"? Really? Come on guys, at least put a bit of effort into your plagiarism.

Original character, do not steal.
    The new girl fights just like Kula lol. Character models are nice, but animations look stiff.

• Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭✭
    It's so shameless in its ripoffs it's almost impressive.
  • Araragi-kunAraragi-kun Joined: Posts: 281
    ...but I did see where he beat his opponent before time ran out...and the beaten fighter still had 30% or more health. Wtf?
    I think thats a trial. Do 10 hits combo or something.
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Wait, maybe it's just me being blind, but are they using 3D models? If so, it looks....really really good.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • pootnanniespootnannies hypocrite Joined: Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭
    looks like everything is captured 3D, but is actually raster graphics so technically sprites. the first background looks amazing, rip off or not. looks like a cool game. definitely keeping it on my radar.
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

xbl: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 400
    I don't know why but the more I look at this game, the more I feel disgusted by the sheer amount of plagiarism that seeps from it.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) / Dorothy (Love) | P4U: Chie | Jojo All-Star Battle: Puuchi Enrico
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Salty about Ultra Joined: Posts: 4,513 mod
    For those that are curious, you need a QQ account set up to play. I'm not sure you can use the non IM portions of QQ if you aren't in China.

If anyone wants any translation done on this, let me know.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
    For those that are curious, you need a QQ account set up to play. I'm not sure you can use the non IM portions of QQ if you aren't in China.

Are you Chinese or live in China? the only real thing i want to know if the game has a regional lock for download it outside Chine.
  • DoukDouk Joined: Posts: 112
    Really the only way its similar to KoF is how most characters are wearing trendy clothes and are young men. And how the gameplay is fast paced with hops. But that's not a bad thing.

Its not plagarism at all, but you can see influences.
    Having a stage set in india is ripping off KoF? So KoF ripped off street fighter.
    Having a flash kick rips off KoF? Flash kicks originated with guile as far as I know.
    Having a big strong guy is unoriginal? I'm not certain but it seems someone said he's ripping off Shen, okay I'll give you that.
    Having pink hair makes a girl into athena? There's a lot of pink haired magical girls in fiction and its a whole trope so its not ripping off Athena's latest design.
    Its 2012 and there have been thousands of characters designs, barely anything is original anymore. We don't even know how they play.

Still, this game looks good and I might try it if its avaliable on the internet.
    Are you Chinese or live in China? the only real thing i want to know if the game has a regional lock for download it outside Chine.
    I live in China.

It isn't so much that it has a regional lock, you just need an account with the QQ/Tenacent game service. Unlike the IM software, I think you need a Chinese ID number to register.

I haven't actually tried to register/download the game on account of a chronic fear of QQ and also the game looks like garbage.
  • ZealKnightZealKnight Joined: Posts: 1
    yeah I wouldn't call it plagiarism. It's similar no doubt, but a lot of the stuff they "copied" is easy/simple/generic to create. like the ryu and ken fighting choreography, i don't think it'd be hard to find that in like 60% of fighting animes. fighting style is similar to KoF and the attacks art style too. But none of that was all that unique to begin with. Unless you wanna say MeltyBlood is plagiarism too
  • phoenixnlphoenixnl Joined: Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    Ching of fighters isn' t a ripoff of King of fighters!!!
    You've clearly never played a KOF seriously.

Not only does 'pink hair girl' look like athena, her moveset is identical to athena. This game is a VERY blatant ripoff of KOF97, and it doesn' t try to hide it. It has rolls, it has guard cancel blowbacks, it has 4 jumps, it has normal > command normal > special chains. Literally everything about it is KOF. The explosions of that K' looking guy with the skull in it, Rugal much? It doesn' t just look similar, it looks identical.

When trying to sign up for the Beta of this game, it asks you very specific questions about KOF97 before you get to play it. For promotion of the game they got the two Chinese KOF gods Dakou and Xiaohai to play each other.

Yes it's a blatant ripoff, even by fighting game standards. And yes, some of it is even plagiarism (like the timer literally being copyrighted material being photoshopped into something else).

Do I care? Nope! I can't wait to play an HD version of KOF97/98. It looks awesome as fuck.
  • cygnuscygnus going up Joined: Posts: 976
    Really the only way its similar to KoF is how most characters are wearing trendy clothes and are young men. And how the gameplay is fast paced with hops. But that's not a bad thing.

Its not plagarism at all, but you can see influences.
    The entire gameplay system is a 100% copy of KOF97/98 Advanced mode. CD attacks, GCCD, GC roll, same exact jump options, same rolling options, same meter options. Not that it's bad, I mean they come right out and say that the game is a modernized copy of KOF97/98. In fact the game is literally more similar to KOF97/98 than every KOF EXCEPT 97/98.
    I haven't actually played but from what I've seen, you might be able to play as long as you can get a beta activation key. You had to sign up before March 7th to get in the first wave, I'm still working on getting mine.
  • DoukDouk Joined: Posts: 112
    You've clearly never played a KOF seriously.

Not only does 'pink hair girl' look like athena, her moveset is identical to athena. This game is a VERY blatant ripoff of KOF97, and it doesn' t try to hide it. It has rolls, it has guard cancel blowbacks, it has 4 jumps, it has normal > command normal > special chains. Literally everything about it is KOF. The explosions of that K' looking guy with the skull in it, Rugal much? It doesn' t just look similar, it looks identical.

When trying to sign up for the Beta of this game, it asks you very specific questions about KOF97 before you get to play it. For promotion of the game they got the two Chinese KOF gods Dakou and Xiaohai to play each other.

Yes it's a blatant ripoff, even by fighting game standards. And yes, some of it is even plagiarism (like the timer literally being copyrighted material being photoshopped into something else).

Do I care? Nope! I can't wait to play an HD version of KOF97/98. It looks awesome as fuck.
    The entire gameplay system is a 100% copy of KOF97/98 Advanced mode. CD attacks, GCCD, GC roll, same exact jump options, same rolling options, same meter options. Not that it's bad, I mean they come right out and say that the game is a modernized copy of KOF97/98. In fact the game is literally more similar to KOF97/98 than every KOF EXCEPT 97/98.

I haven't actually played but from what I've seen, you might be able to play as long as you can get a beta activation key. You had to sign up before March 7th to get in the first wave, I'm still working on getting mine.
    After watching some gameplay I can see how its similar to '97 and '99. And since they even said its a modernized KoF, I stand corrected.
    Well, that explains everything...and I approve. I was still waiting for someone over there to =hack kof2k2 to give us a mame version of kof2k2um...uh, they haven't done that yet, have they? Cuz that shit would be Christmas.
    So anyone from SRK at China had played it? any english impressions?
  • Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,514

Hey could post a translation please? Thanks
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
    Hey could post a translation please? Thanks
    You're going to have to be a bit more specific. What exactly do you want translated?
  • factory9factory9 ARCANA HEARTO TWEEEE Joined: Posts: 975
    Really hope I can get to play this game someday.

I need something to fill the hole KwonHo left behind.