Xuandou Zhiwang, Chinese Free to Play fighting game (Currently in closed beta)

Comments

• Bang Em BanksBang Em Banks Get everything you came for... Joined: Posts: 48
    http://xd.qq.com/webplat/info/news_version3/1490/1491/1492/m1377/201206/69162.shtml

It sounds like open beta will start later this month. That means no more dealing with beta keys, the only thing you'll have to do to play is have a QQ account and a Chinese ID.
    That's hella good news, because I want this game, but i have no idea how to create an account or anything!
    "Here come's that fighting game flava in ya' ear..."
    http://www.youtube.com/brawlersuptv
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,744
    oh cool i think i can wait a month to play chinese kof
  • BuTTuRzBuTTuRz Joined: Posts: 9
    I got the game and a beta key etc etc....when i pick my server and go to load the game it tells me to change my language to simple chinese then i get some weird chinese error and game doesn't start.....
    here are some screen shots of what i'm seeing
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1o9cn6&s=6

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=27zhlk0&s=6

and finally this is the website it directs me to immediately after I close the errors.
    http://gamebbs.qq.com/cgi-bin/data/cgi_bbs_content.cgi?groupid=210:30794&messageid=17802&page=0

Keep in mind i'm pretty sure these errors are completely different than what they are saying on that site.
  • HavatchuHavatchu Joined: Posts: 4,734
    Wow, the game looks awesome, the online play seems to be smooth enoughsnip

Of course, of course I thought Ell Blue was a girl until I heard his voice.

Holy shit, he actually said "fail" when he lost.

A loser is he.
    snipLegend combos.

This song immediately reminded me of Overdrive Ostrich's theme from MMX2.
    Insanity is freedom
    The moment I fell in love with specs- "I believe in the Beyblader philosophy, for I am one who Beyblades."
    Shaft's posts are canon.
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,167
    So, how about that setup guide?
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
    snipyan combos.

That background is actually mega dope.

I'm so glad I rediscovered this thread.

Now we can all embrace our hidden dragon Chinese frauds.

Personally, I'm a horse in their zodiac, so I'm full of horseshit.
    Insanity is freedom
    The moment I fell in love with specs- "I believe in the Beyblader philosophy, for I am one who Beyblades."
    Shaft's posts are canon.
  • phoenixnlphoenixnl Joined: Posts: 644
    anybody from europe wanna test the netcode some more? *looks at tataki*
    Hey I'm from Europe. I'm willing to try. Are you on any IRC channel that I can contact you?
    So, how about that setup guide?

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/strange-chinese-fighting-title-xuandou-zhiwang.149680/page-3#post-7047289
  • TheOtherJNTheOtherJN Renaissance Man Joined: Posts: 319
    You guys get owned yet, battling against those hardcore Chinese?
    Figured I'd try using applocale....when I do the game launcher doesn't show up correctly and is missing the login section....I'm at a loss.
    OMG i feel like a total idiot now...i was trying to run the wrong F*ing thing the WHOLE time hahahahahahaha i don't need applocale or anything of that nature at all! Thanks everyone for the walk through and tips on how to get it working....now to sit down and figure out the menus lol! again sorry for the 2 DOUBLE POSTS.
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,674
    this game looks like so much fun. i was unaware that a beta was out, will definitely try to get in and play. Legend looks sick.
  • AtTheGatesAtTheGates combodrcker Joined: Posts: 436
    Hey I'm from Europe. I'm willing to try. Are you on any IRC channel that I can contact you?

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/strange-chinese-fighting-title-xuandou-zhiwang.149680/page-3#post-7047289

hey phoenix, i am in #hardedge on quakenet almost 24/7. sinjul is there a lot, too, as well as tataki now. i'm probably not gonna play chinakof much longer though, now that i have VF5FS, but i'm sure sinjul will be up for some matches :)
    The morbid, muted body
    Is dissected, lacerated and shred -
    Life is hard as a mortuary technician
    The fumes go straight to my head...
    Insanity is freedom
    Shaft's posts are canon.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,336
    It's on the first page in this thread. Plus, I'm pretty sure that article is the reason most of us even know what this game is.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • CaptainBrosephCaptainBroseph Strong male gamer who don't need no combos Joined: Posts: 22
    Anything special I need to do to get my stick to work on XZ? Maybe an option I can't read for my stick to get recognized, since I saw the keyboad layout and set up Xpadder.
    Anything special I need to do to get my stick to work on XZ? Maybe an option I can't read for my stick to get recognized, since I saw the keyboad layout and set up Xpadder.
    Just make sure you plug it in before the game is turned on and set your stick to LS as DP doesn't work. That should get it working.
  • CaptainBrosephCaptainBroseph Strong male gamer who don't need no combos Joined: Posts: 22
    Just make sure you plug it in before the game is turned on and set your stick to LS as DP doesn't work. That should get it working.

Had to restart twice, but my stick finally registered, thanks. The Bruce Lee clone is pretty fun to play.
  • Ema LovelyEma Lovely Jelly Fish Pirate Commanda' Lovely Joined: Posts: 189
    So how do I unlock the 2 unlockable characters? A new female character was introduced today and we got the other new kid for free.
    Commander Lovely, Streamer, Womanizer, Competitive gamer, Professional internet user, WRPG Guru and Professional shit talker.
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/CommanderLovely
    Youtube - http://youtube.com/R26Otacon
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,065
    Left switch doesn't work???? FUUUUUUUU---

How about Cthulhus? Do they register ok?
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Left switch doesn't work???? FUUUUUUUU---

How about Cthulhus? Do they register ok?
    Haven't tried a Cthulu, I've only got a PS360+ and an original PS360 at the moment. I would assume they work just fine though.
    Two new characters coming soon. Doesn't look like there's a way to unlock the girl yet, probably not finished. The guy doesn't even have an icon yet, but he's most definitely coming. The roster is slowly getting bigger.
    T8Bzg.png

KH1ph.png
  • CristiandeweyCristiandewey Joined: Posts: 2
    Do you guys know any way to update the game manually? the auto-update fails when it has around 1mb left to download, and when I restart it, it has a different sized package to download, which ends up failing at the same point ¬¬
  • CristiandeweyCristiandewey Joined: Posts: 2
    Nvm, it succeeded after literally dozens of tries
    Nvm, it succeeded after literally dozens of tries
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, brute force the updates. If it doesn't work the first time, keep trying until it does. I swear it will update eventually.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,552 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Two new characters coming soon. Doesn't look like there's a way to unlock the girl yet, probably not finished. The guy doesn't even have an icon yet, but he's most definitely coming. The roster is slowly getting bigger.
    T8Bzg.png

KH1ph.png

That chick reminds me of that Athena clone from kof MIRA.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,538
    Downloaded QQ but whenever I try to install it I get:

"QQ2012Beta2.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

Ive got Win7 - 64 bit

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,276
    From where can I get this game?It is just the beta right?I am from Europe.
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    It's official, game will be going open beta June 29th. A week until you can forget about beta keys.
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,674
    It's official, game will be going open beta June 29th. A week until you can forget about beta keys.
    Yay. I couldn't even figure out how to work the website in Chinese. Looking forward to playing.
    Yay. I couldn't even figure out how to work the website in Chinese. Looking forward to playing.
    You're still going to need to acquire Chinese ID info to play, but the process is now a lot shorter and you don't have to worry about not being able to get in because there's no available keys.
    I won't sign up because I don't want to risk going to Chinese prison.
    Insanity is freedom
    Shaft's posts are canon.
    So I was wrong, those two pictures from earlier aren't characters, they're alternate outfits. You have no idea how hype I was when I saw this.

wK4gy.jpg
    Alternate outfits? In 2d games?
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,706
    Alternate outfits? In 2d games?
    it's actually 3d models.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    Really? Because they sure as hell look 2d, just very well animated.
    it's actually 3d models.
    It's actually 2D sprites. Pretty obviously at certain points at that. Think Donkey Kong Country, they made models and then screenshot, bam here's a sprite. Where KoFXIII made 3D models and then traced over them so they were pure 2D looking, this game took out the whole second half of the process.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,706
    It's actually 2D sprites. Pretty obviously at certain points at that. Think Donkey Kong Country, they made models and then screenshot, bam here's a sprite. Where KoFXIII made 3D models and then traced over them so they were pure 2D looking, this game took out the whole second half of the process.
    hmm taking a screenshots of 3D makes sense. It has a 3D look during motion.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    So I was wrong, those two pictures from earlier aren't characters, they're alternate outfits. You have no idea how hype I was when I saw this.

snip

The game actually looks a Hell of a lot better with a background other than that stadium.

If they chilled out on the bright yellow thick life bar a little bit, maybe streamlined it, it would look like a professional industry game.
    hmm taking a screenshots of 3D makes sense. It has a 3D look during motion.

Agreed, it's a nice marriage between the two.

Looks like an amalgamation of Tekken and KOF. I can dig it.
    Insanity is freedom
    Shaft's posts are canon.
    If they chilled out on the bright yellow thick life bar a little bit, maybe streamlined it, it would look like a professional industry game.
    I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the HUD, it just needs to be cleaned up a bit. Like how the meter is a slanted bar, but the little wave that runs through is perfectly vertical. I think the shape of the lifebar makes some things misleading, but the color isn't all that bad really. There's nothing wrong with a life bar that slaps you in the face with how obvious it is, makes things easier in a match. Remember Alpha SFxT's lifebar?