Two Hugo combo questions.

riburibu A Return to FormJoined: Posts: 2,657
Is it possible to do an Ultra throw, then plam bomber into a shootdown Backbreaker, i keep thinking ive done it once but is there a specific setup to do it.

Second Plam Bomber, into a Mosnter Lariat, i do this all the time in training,m but cant seem to get it to happen in a match, what do i need to do here, i usuall do a HP Bomber and then a LK Lariat and hits, is there a setup to this as well?
CFN-Unlimited_RiBu. MvCI-Hunter/Dante
Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

Comments

• MechanicaMechanica elias the flyest Joined: Posts: 6,252
    Using special move names makes it confusing, I don't know the names of the moves. I know Ultra throw into backbreaker, and if plam bomber (palm bomber?) is the clap, then yes, in the corner. Don't do the clap too early.
    KOForever WHY IS 14 SO UGLY whyyyy is alex's neutral stance so ugly
  • cam347cam347 Joined: Posts: 841
    The Clap, to Lariat can be difficult. you have to be quick. It is also possible to do Clap (HP), crouching LK, EX Lariat. Just be quick and dont hold thems buttons
    XBL- FKE SNK
  • HuGoLiZarDHuGoLiZarD Joined: Posts: 299
    So it's possible to do wall throw -> lp clap -> lk lariat? If so, how does the dmg of this compared to using the lk air grab instead? and is the lk lariat combo hard to do timing wise?
    Paul
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,657
    no my bad i got the bomber to lariat combo i was delaying just a little to much for it to work, the

:hcb: kick into :qcb: punch into :dp: kick i still dont think is possible.

• Yuk_FaiYuk_Fai Unregistered User Joined: Posts: 246
    ribu wrote:
    no my bad i got the bomber to lariat combo i was delaying just a little to much for it to work, the

:hcb: :k: into :qcb: :p: into :dp: :lk: i still dont think is possible.

Fixed it for legibility.

The combo is possible... I've seen it w/ my own eyes. Are you using the correct strength of attacks? Also, you are trying this in the corner... right?
  • DonkusDonkus Time Marches On Joined: Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That combo is easy, but it has to be done in the corner. Use LK Ultra Throw, then wait a moment before using LP Clap, then as soon as possible, use LK Backbreaker.
    This combo does about 40 points of damage, which is about the same as a Moonsault Press.
    GOD BLESS THE RING
  • eddieWeddieW XBOX LIVE: Ninjaturtle elw Joined: Posts: 755
    Donkus wrote:
    That combo is easy, but it has to be done in the corner. Use LK Ultra Throw, then wait a moment before using LP Clap, then as soon as possible, use LK Backbreaker.
    This combo does about 40 points of damage, which is about the same as a Moonsault Press.

its just a couple of points higher than the moonsault.. but the stun is great hehe... and it looks cool plus it scares the shit out of opponents:nunchuck:
    Back throw Ultra is not cheap :D
    ah LK that explains it ok ive been doing this HK throw, then HP bomber then MK throw.

The combo can be done in the middle of the screen. It's a matter of having the right spacing. Sometimes you might need to do rh wall throw -> dash in lp clap -> lk air grab.
    Paul
    yeah it does so alot of stun damage and damage for that, its always been things like that makeme wonder why Hugo is low tier.

me personally consider hugo more mid tier... its the fact that he has nothing abusable that people can use is why people consider him low.. but in the right hands hugo is very dangerous.. only hugo lacks is walk speed.. bleh.. other than that his poking game is one of the best... probably the only one who can compete with chun more failrly than others in a poke game..
    true that and he can be cornered if done correctly.

who can be cornered hugo? so what.. what hugo players dont use is his ex clothesline.. its fast as fuck.. if there trying to zone u just sit there and crouch and stalk em with it, watch their back and forth walking pattern ull know when to do it and its a knockdown with crossup opportunity.. when they start looking for it then u can start walking forward..
    yeah, but from across the stage they can still see a cllothesline coming and duck then knock him down and turtle away, but mostly yeah your right, and im going have to start usinbg hammer frenzy to have more room for ex moves.

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    ex clothesline not effective against small characters it doesnt even do tick damage when a small character ducks. i just use ex clothesline when in corner neutral grab then ex clothesline....
    u dont know when to use it.. it works here in austin... ur not suppose to do it across the screen.. only within the distance were u dont hold the button, the travel speed is really fast in that small distance.. cuz it will travel if u hold the punch..
    eddieW wrote:
    u dont know when to use it.. it works here in austin... ur not suppose to do it across the screen.. only within the distance were u dont hold the button, the travel speed is really fast in that small distance.. cuz it will travel if u hold the punch..

Not sure if it'll work consistently vs good players. If they block or crouch it's a free throw/combo for them. Plus you can't afford to waste meter on a random move like that with Hugo.
    Paul
    to be quite honest, u shouldn't even worry about landing combos with Hugo except maybe

Ultra Throw, SDBB/SA2
    crouching LP x2, SA3
    that's it
    XBL- FKE SNK
    to be quite honest, u shouldn't even worry about landing combos with Hugo except maybe

Ultra Throw, SDBB/SA2
    crouching LP x2, SA3
    that's it
    XBL- FKE SNK
    HuGoLiZarD wrote:
    Not sure if it'll work consistently vs good players. If they block or crouch it's a free throw/combo for them. Plus you can't afford to waste meter on a random move like that with Hugo.

i was fighting hsien the other night and it was working:wgrin:
    u have to read ur opponents movements.. and with hugo meter is iimportant but if ur opponent is avoiding the gigas u have to switch up the style... and its not random i use it as a poke that i know will hit.. like if ken whiffs a s.rh etc.. its a knockdown and ur on top of em to build that meter back up with the clap games...
    Nice work, did you fight him at Einstein's?

cam347 wrote:

Ultra Throw, SDBB/SA2
    crouching LP x2, SA3

There are a lot of combos you will land more than those. Consider the links after hitting someone with a clap of any strength, for example.

Ultra Throw isn't worth landing unless the enemy is in the corner so you can do the Clap->Backbreaker link which is a bit stronger than the Press and does more stun. You should be able to use HP Clap in that against some people.

Hugo's Tri-Clap combo is about the coolest sequence in the game, too bad you will never hit a crouching opponent with a HP Clap. If you do, they deserve what happens to them.
    GOD BLESS THE RING
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    hugo pwns :lovin:
    Here's a strange thing:

In training mode, stun Gouki and let him rise. While he is dizzy, use jHP, Hammer Mountain. He will recover before the clap at the end and be able to block it. Other people I have tried this on are not able to recover.

Can anyone explain this?
    GOD BLESS THE RING
    in training mode if u do the hammer and it they dont have no life they block the last of it lol.. its funny
    In training mode not all 5 hits would connect all the time if the super hits...
    Paul