Tales of Dark & Light: The SNK storylines-Revived

Comments

• SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 12,969 mod
    I doubt the EX games are canon. Mainly because none of the new characters for that game appeared in KOF's website they tossed up for their 10th Anniversary, they were the only characters that got snubbed. Also, in that big drawing Falcoon did for the 20th Anniversary that features everyone, all of the new EX characters are missing and they are the ONLY characters absent. This is typical stuff companies do when they don't want something to fit into canon.

Yeah the KOF MI games are part of the mainstream SS/AOF/FF timeline, they bridge the gap between the last FF game and Mark of the Wolves. TiamatRoar has a post regarding this on the previous page.

KOF (2D games) is still seperate though, but I suppose now some things that happened in KOF happened in the mainstream universe too, some of the broad things like Orochi, Nest and Crimson sagas, to explain a few appearances in MI. This still needs more clarification from SNK though how this works.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Ryuujinha wrote:
    How so? I mean if you mean the Jyu-Shu Sinpou then that begs the question when did Chizuru create them...seeing that it's a group to handle dealings with Orochi (not to actually put down Orochi since that's the three treasures duty). But still, I'm not getting the whole kinda conflicts with KoF thing you got there.

For example if they are ment to deal with Orochi where are they now? Mukai`s gang is obviously trying to do something with Orochi`s power. Imo another continuity.
    Well, seeing that the MI games are set only in Southtown, it doesn't have to be in their own universe. And far as story goes, it makes some sense in a way...the funny thing about it is that it's Terry's fault. By putting down Geese twice he opened up a Pandora's box and all the crime-bosses are trying to fight for that power vacuum left by Geese. As far as the whole AoF/FF continuation...I would think of it more as a Southtown continuation. Besides, if you're trying to object also to the whole mystical thing going on with Meira brothers...eeh...that's stretching it a bit. But, heck, what do I know, eh?

MoTW did it better imo. Terry/Grant/Kain endings show it well imo that with Geese there was order. Rock asking Terry was Kain really wrong(as i understand he tried to replace Geese), Grant beating the crap out of some other gang.

Story of MI wasn`t that bad just inferior to MoTW imo. MI2 was just whatever. Thing that i don`t like is that MI has many characters from KoF and a lame plot with aliens. If it is going to continue story of AoF/FF then it certainly will be fucked up.
    To Black Shroud....stupid question time...who was the main hero or rather...the last one to fight in all those SS (in order please), because I know in one of them Nakoruru sacrificed her so that Galford could deliver the final blow to some enemy.

Back to FF...so, since the KoF series is still advancing...chances of Garou 2? Or a Garou 2-ish?
  • Black ShroudBlack Shroud Spirits Society Joined: Posts: 1,167
    SS1 and SS2 bosses defeated by Haohmaru & Nakoruru.
    SS3 boss defeated by Shizumaru (and Haohmaru)
    SS4 Dark Amakusa defeated by Kazuki and Zankuro by Sogetsu
    SS64 Gandara defeated by Kazuki/Sogetsu and Yuga by Haohmaru & Nakoruru
    SSAZ Gandara defeated by Hanzo and Yuga defeated by Asura & Hanmen no Asura
    SS:Shinsho Oboro is defeated by Hanzo, Tohma by Seishiro and Mikoto/Yuga by Yuda
    SS5 Kuraki-Sumeragi is defeated by Yunfei and Gaoh by Yoshitora
    SS6 and onward - unknown.

Now the Nakoruru sacrifice you mentioned may refer to SS2 ending where she releases her essence to negate the evil presence in nature, and stops to exist in physical body. But for SS64-SSAZ she materializes again so she can do the fighting too.
    [ Samurai Shodown Spirits Society ] at [ http://spirits.kaillera.ru ]
    [ Ten Chi Kai Byaku ] at [ http://spirits.kaillera.ru/tckb/ ]
    Black Shroud, on what your info is based? Baseless like most of KLantis faq?
    I have multiple sources of information, both english- and japanese-language. You can go read japanese wikipeda perphaps, or All About SNK, or go listen to some dramas. Also, show me that KLantis faq, honestly I dont remember what it is.
    I doubt the EX games are canon. Mainly because none of the new characters for that game appeared in KOF's website they tossed up for their 10th Anniversary, they were the only characters that got snubbed. Also, in that big drawing Falcoon did for the 20th Anniversary that features everyone, all of the new EX characters are missing and they are the ONLY characters absent. This is typical stuff companies do when they don't want something to fit into canon.

Interesting...let me slam my stupid question button again...
    ::squish::
    So, Angel and K-9999...no chance in hellz that they'll reappear, eh? I mean, Angel, sure no prob...but they would need to re-vamp K-9999's image to make him usable, eh?
    I have multiple sources of information, both english- and japanese-language. You can go read japanese wikipeda perphaps, or All About SNK, or go listen to some dramas. Also, show me that KLantis faq, honestly I dont remember what it is.

Klantis guide is not about SS so i doubt you are interested in it. It`s on gamefaqs anyway.
    So, Angel and K-9999...no chance in hellz that they'll reappear, eh? I mean, Angel, sure no prob...but they would need to re-vamp K-9999's image to make him usable, eh?

Angel was in NeoWave, so imo SNK doesn`t hate her that much. K-9999 is another story.

Anyway, so Ambrosia would be a top dog in SS series? Kinda like Orochi?
    well, Ambrosia is "dark god of Makai (Demon World)" of SS1-SS4 arc, and you can see "it" in the end of SS RPG.

Then, there is questionable thing with SS64-SS:Shinsho arc.
    The word "Ambrosia" doesnt mentions here but "dark god of Makai" stuff is still present, and Yuga has marks of Ambrosia as one of her symbols, and Egg of Destroyer as well as work of Amakusa and Mizuki are shown as direct sources to appearance of Yuga in the Human World.

There are several speculations:
    1)Yuga = Ambrosia. In SS:RPG they just havent created Yuga design yet,
    2)Yuga works under Ambrosia and wants to resurrect dark god (~Ambrosia; actually no facts that Yuga has someone to work on, she rather acts on her own)
    3)Yuga wants her own rebirth as dark god of Makai.

But basically Yuga fills the same role in SS64-SS:Shinsho arc as Ambrosia had in SS1-SS4.

And for SS5-SS6 arc (Yuki Entertaiment) main bad guy is demon Kuraki-Sumeragi (Dark Emperor), a demon that appeared firstly in China, his defining features are love to wars and burning everything with green flame. Nevertheless, Ambrosia is mentioned in SS6/Tenkaichi Kenkakuden.
    Almost forgot SS RPG which, at the moment, is being translated into english. You know what was story in that one?
    Yes I know but it is very long.
    There are Amakusa Chapter based on SS1 and Mizuki chapter based on SS2. Storlyline is the same that in those games but Mizuki chapter has mission to collect her 7 bells around the world.
    Also game has additional unique characters that play some part in storyline despite not appearing in any of main games.
    You can also meet every character from SS1 SS2 SS3 SS4 with exception of Zankuro (i think)
    By the way I dub those questions/answers for my Q&A Batch there
    http://forum.int13.ru/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=458
    Want it to be comfortable to read for newcomers
  • CrayfishCrayfish Oro of the FGC Joined: Posts: 810
    Hi guys, just wanted to let U know about this thread:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=153695

Please read the bottom part of the post below the word EDIT. As contains info thats important to the 'Plot' section of the archive.

Crayfish.
    I see there a lot of good responses, but is there some Samurai Shodown info in that thread?
  • KataklysmicKataklysmic More Tigers! Joined: Posts: 959
    Who can tell me what order these characters rank in tiers?

Joe, Mai, Billy, Andy, Mary

And how would you say Rock, at his current level, compares to each during RB's time?
    " Scrubs keep our community alive, not top players, everyone (even myself at times) seem to forget that."
    - Arturo Sanchez, aka Sabin
    More comparisons.

Ralf, Clark and Leona?
    Joe and King?
    " Scrubs keep our community alive, not top players, everyone (even myself at times) seem to forget that."
  • The DamnedThe Damned Looking sane, feeling sane. Joined: Posts: 10,550 mod
    Funny. I was just thinking about SNK half an hour earlier.

...God, I really need to be far less lazy with this forum. Starting now.
    Who can tell me what order these characters rank in tiers?

Joe, Mai, Billy, Andy, Mary

And how would you say Rock, at his current level, compares to each during RB's time?

IIRC, as I know, Andy is the strongest, with Billy behind him, Mai and Joe are probably tied, with Mary being the weakest, but not my much. It's quite while though.

With regards to Rock, he's probably above Billy, though I don't think he's yet above Andy. He doubtless has the potential to be, though.

With regards to your newer post, it's kind of difficult to tell when things to start to go into King of Fighters. (Although, yeah, I know, Fatal Fury technically is King of Fighters.)

I mean, if you take all SNK games a relatively canon at someone, even though the Ikari Team (and, similarly, the Fatal Fury team never wins), they're still rather strong. Just not "strong enough"--lol at the parallels between this and the discussion earlier today in the DBZ thread.

I mean, Ralf (and maybe Clark, I forget) supposed survived a freaking nuke and yet he can't be ever Galactica Phantom Kyo in the chin? Suspect.

Anyway, IIRC, Ralf is slightly stronger than Clark (somewhat literally considering the above technique, then again, Clark can toss Chang into the air and catch him...with his crotch) and Leona is significantly stronger than both (all) of them especially when she goes Orochi.

Between Joe and King, Joe's probably stronger since he's main character of a more important series. Ryo's series kind of fell by the way side. Hell, most people don't even know Art of Fighting exists.

So, IMO, between all those people, it goes like this:

Orochi Leona
    Leona
    Andy
    Rock
    Billy
    Mai
    Joe
    Ralf
    Clark
    King

(Ah, poor King. Bottom tier in everything.)

*ponders bugging Lantis*
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    Ok, those reasons do make sense. But are you suggesting that Leona's closer to Kyo and Iori's level? Ralf and Clark barely managed to fight her off and lived when she turned Orochi at least twice, so I don't think the gap between them is quite that big.
    Oh, I guess that crack about King being bottom tier alongside my lack of clarification gave you the wrong impression.

Let me explain more clearly.

First and foremost, I will say once again that this is all going off the top of my head and is combination of hazy memory plus what little storyline conjecture that we have. The only placements I'm certain about is that Andy is above Billy since in the canon, he beat him IIRC. (Which I don't think Mai or Joe were able to do, so....)

Unlike with Street Fighter and most of other Capcom games, there isn't a lot of space in powers between people before the whole Kusanagi/Orochi thing comes up.

I mean, even the joke character, Shingo, ended up being pretty fucking strong. He'd kick Dan and Sean's ass, together, anyday of the weak considering how insanely hard he hits.

Of all those people, the only one that I would say is "way" above everyone else, like an entire Street Fighter Tier above, would be Orochi Leona, who may lose out on some of the power boost because she's also fucking insane.

Everyone is roughly in the same tier except for maybe King, who isn't that much weaker. It's just that tier ordered since you asked.

Like you said, Ralf and Clark together can hold off Orochi Leona, barely, so they're not that much weaker than her separately otherwise it wouldn't make that much of a difference if they worked together. Similarly, regular Leona thusly can't be that far beyond them on top of the fact they both have more battle experience (and she has a softspot for Clark, apparently).

Speaking of which, I think that relationships also figure something into it. Part of the reason I'm sure that Rock is stronger than Billy is partly because Billy could probably never bring himself to fight him (at least with his all)--Billy has WAY too much respect for Geese's legacy to do something like. Similarly, I can't really see Mai being better than Andy since she's too infautated with him and he's more guarded about his emotions.

But, yeah, outside of end bosses being top and the likelihood that U.S.A. Team are the weakest (with probably Brian being the weakest of them all) are the only real "certain" things I could think of regards to SNK.

*still pondering bugging Lantis*

Blue EDIT: I just realized I left Mary out. I was going to put her below Billy but above Mai, mostly because she was on the same team with Billy, who was on the same time with Yamazaki's crazy ass.

Viewtful EDIT: Thinking about it more, Joe should probably above Mai since training doesn't mean nearly as much in SNK world as it does in Capcom world. So switch Joe and Mai around, meaning that Blue Mary is above Joe and below Billy.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    So mostly everyone in SNK can be compressed into one large mid-tier, with something of a tiering structure in itself. Now I get it. I wasn't really thinking King was that low, I just thought you placed her there from lack of official story compared to other characters. The SF Plot Guide does the same thing under that condition, which I don't always agree with. But in that list you made with those characters I mentioned, it sounds like a good guess.
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    *ponders bugging Lantis*

Pondering time is over.

The reasons The Damned provided are somewhat solid.... Although I may believe that Rock IS better than RB-era Andy, although probably LESS than Garou-era Andy (who I believe is now a full-fledged Shiranui Ninjutsu master by the time Garou rolls around). Terry teachings + Geese raw power = too beast. Andy wished he had half the natural talent Rock had (and less we forget, Andy was also pretty much a hothead when compared to Terry).

King should also rank above Mai AND Yuri (and probably many other KOF females) solely on the fact that she doesn't fall into the "silly bimbo" category which could probably detract from the other female characters. She always means business, and let us not forget that she used to mingle with men (and beat them) before moving over to Southtown. She also pretty much was the unnamed leader of the female teams (prior to the arrival of Chizuru) because she was the only one who could get her act straight. If she ranks above Joe....I believe not. Joe has championship gold to prove his worth, LULZ (i.e.: their special intro in '98)! :rofl:

I also think Mary would rank directly beneath FF's "big 4", if also because she keeps getting manipulated by her higher-ups, got used by Geese in '97 (what happened to her 1337 detective skills?), and couldn't figure out shit when Southtown got totalled in KOF 2000 (even Terry beat her to the punch). Her fighting skills are still somewhat decent, judging by how Geese regrets losing her by the end of '97.

Billy should definetly be above her by the time KOF 2003 comes by, judging as he could fend off Yamazaki's psycho barrage (I wouldn't have given him two shits prior to that since he got punked by Iori, but I guess he still has it if Geese still wants him around). I would even rank him over Lawrence Blood (despite with the second FF OAV might lead you to believe).

Yep, Leona is still the damned best in the Ikari squad (maybe she is more powerful than Heidern himself). I would also rank Ralf higher than Clark since Ralf has a higher military status (and I guess there's a legit reason to that).
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    Thanks for the input, Lantis. I think Mary deserves a bit more credit than that though.

What about Kim? Where would he fit into all this? Below Andy and above Joe?

Another question- The Four Heavenly Kings are supposed damned powerful, but I read somewhere that they lost to Kyo's team: Chris lost to Kyo, Shermie lost to Benimaru and Yashiro lost to Daimon. Did they really have in that bad in the fight, or were they just dicking around so that Orochi could leech off of their energy?
    What about Kim? Where would he fit into all this? Below Andy and above Joe?

Yeah, most likely. Kim is a lot more than what most people give him credit for. He was able to keep 2 cronies in check, and his Taekwondo school has spawned some damned good fighters (May Lee, Jae Hoon, Dong Hwan, Chae Lim, etc.). Too bad he is given more of a comedy role most of the time.... :shake:

As for the ONFT.... I don't think the battle went EXACTLY that way, but we all know that the ONFT was made as a counteract to the Hero Team, but anyways I do believe that they weren't exactly interested in the fight itself but more interested in gathering energy from the fight to awaken the Orochi (any resemblance to DBZ' Buu Saga is mere coincidence). :wgrin:
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    Good. Most of the facts I pick up on KOF's canon battles are too vague.

I thought it because the KOF EX games were developed by Marvelous rather than SNK. Sort of like how the SF EX characters are owned by Arika.
    To tell you the truth I'm curious on how the battles in all the KoF's panned out. I mean the Hero teams always reach the end boss so it makes you wonder the fighting tournament tiers on how they were placed within the tournament. I'm pretty sure it's around here somewhere posted but I'm throwing the question out there...

What are the tournament tiers (canon-wise of speculative) of the fighters in the KoF games?
    Terry stayed in Southtown to hone his skills taught by Jeff. That's why his fighting style is never specified (it's only stated as "martial arts"), mostly because Terry's style is kinda like a hybrid of many different styles he might have crossed during his training period in Southtown.

I know this post was made two years ago, but that's not exactly true. The term "Martial Arts" in Japanese terms is really more of an euphemism for western-style full contact martial arts than anything else (due to a misinterpretation of the term). Sort of like how "lucha libre", the Spanish term for wrestling, is used by English speakers as a synonym for "Mexican wrestling".

That's why Terry Bogard and other American fighting game characters such as the members of the Ikari Team, Nash, Guile, Cody, and Sarah Bryant all have martial arts listed as their fighting style.
    Does anyone know where the following full names comes from and whether or not they're canon?

Leopold Goenitz - Apparently its from a KOF '96 manga or manhua, but its never been used in the games. I doubt its canon.

Alfred Airhawk - I seen it used almost exclusively by English fansites, but all the official materials I've seen simply address him as "Alfred".

White Mustadio - Seen it on the Japanese wikipedia with a "citation needed" tag next to it. Same deal as Alfred.
    "Mustadio" sounds a bit familiar....

I also don't know where Leopold Goenitz comes from. SNK's websites have always listed him as just "Goenitz". :looney:
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    "Mustadio" sounds a bit familiar....

Well Mustadio is also the name of a Final Fantasy Tactics character if that helps.

I also don't know where Leopold Goenitz comes from. SNK's websites have always listed him as just "Goenitz". :looney:

Yes, even the KOF '96 Collection database disc simply refers to him as "Goenitz" and that disc mentions the full names for every character at the time (including Ralf Jones and Clark Still, whose full names are never mentioned in the game itself).

Speaking of which, has the spelling "Steel" for Clark's surname ever been used officially? Its always been "Clark Still" and never "Clark Steel". I get the impression that fans misromanized Still as Steel and are accusing SNK of changing "Steel" to "Still" when SNK never used "Steel" in the first place. The way Clark's surname is rendered in Japanese (????) is exactly how "Still" would be rendered in Japanese, as opposed to Steel (which would be ?????, with an elongated "i").
    Haha. It's funny that this questions comes up the day after I finally realize his surname isn't supposed to be "Steel" but rather "Still".

Thank you Metal Slug 6.

Anyway, yeah, I'm pretty sure that "Steel" is just an American/Mexican/non-Japanese translation that became popular before the last name really got used in a game (like MS6 or...what, the 3D KOFs?). I doesn't really help that they both sound alike and that both of them fit Clark's boring-ass laconic character.

However, to answer your question, no, I can't remember them ever using the "Steel" surname spelling officially. I'm not sure about anything else, though.

I'm kind of curious, since this thread is active: Can anyone link or at least cite where it says that Shion is officially a guy? I was disappointed by that.... :annoy:

- P. G. Wodehouse
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,742
    Shion is shown to be a guy in one of the dating sim games. Days of Memory I think? If you give me a bit I will find the pic that shows him.

http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/SNK/DaysOfMemories2/DOM6_EV.png

There ya go. Top middle...Shion with a nun. Also this...

http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/SNK/DaysOfMemories2/Shion.png

Also there. Definately a dude. A young guy, yes..but clearly a dude now. Sorta...Vega (claw) -ish I suppose. Cool character though...awesome fighting style and sprite..hope he gets developed more.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
    ...Damn, that was a quick reply. Thanks.

P.S. The 19th and 25th pics in that "collage" (I can't think of the right word now) are so naughty. And, geez, I forgot what a huge rack Elizabeth has. :rofl:

- P. G. Wodehouse
    I aim to please. And yeah, man those pics are a little risque...not really really bad, but certainly -very- suggestive.

Also lol at the very first pic...Momoko -really- loves big bosoms. Hilarious.

Shion is definitely a guy. At the very least, a girly looking guy. His face picture in the official Days of Memories has a blue-ish background like all the male characters in the series.
    http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/mobile/i-mode/special/dom_tenshi.php
    Also lol at the very first pic...Momoko -really- loves big bosoms. Hilarious.

"Oppai ya!"
    "Oppai ya!"

And now I am thinking about how amazing Shion could look in KOF12 style...his sprite/animatino was already amazing in KOF11. Make it happen, SNK! Same goes for Momoko...hilarious/cute character + appreciator of the boobage = yes please for KOF13!

For better in-game references to prove that Shion is indeed a man, just pick Benimaru.

When paired against females, Benimaru does his special intro (even Momoko).

Put him up against Shion....oops! No special intro.

IT'S A TRAP!
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    Since when did Krauser and Geese being half-brothers became canon? I know it was in the Fatal Fury 2 anime and I believe in the Geese Howard Gaiden manga as well, but the backstories in the games and the games themselves seems to depict them as two guys who just happens to hated enemies. The only game that even mentions they're relationship is Card Fighters DS.
    Since when did Krauser and Geese being half-brothers became canon?

I asked Saiki about that when he was translating the All About SNK book, and apparently SNK confirms that they are indeed half-brothers. I think that no one bothered to bring that up in the games, though (kinda like how Ken and Guile are in-laws). :looney:
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    I still need to get All About SNK Fighting Games for myself. I already have AAC, but one thing I like SNK version is that it covers the home exclusive versionstoo like Dominated Mind and Warriors Rage 2. Unlike Capcom's book, which marginalizes the console exclusive games like Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2 and EX3.
    For the those who ever wondered what the Ikari canon was like in Japan prior to the KOF series, I found a Japanese fansite which has scans of instructional manuals and pamphlets for the older Ikari games.

http://www.interq.or.jp/sun/watohu/ura/mukasi.html

Little known fact: Ralf actually appeared in another arcade game prior to the Ikari series titled TNK III (TANK in Japan), which had a pseudo sequel for the NES titled Iron Tank (Great Tank in Japan). The odd thing is that TANK (or at least Great Tank) was set in World War II Normandy, whereas the Ikari games are set in modern times.
    Since when did Krauser and Geese being half-brothers became canon?

IIRC, FFS was the first game to mentioned that relationship in its prologue.

http://www.garou15th.com/history/series3/index.php.
    I thought the prologue was exactly the same as the one in the manual of Fatal Fury BA1, but it seems they left the part where they mention Krauser is his half-brother (from a different mother). The Ignition Entertainment site also mentions that they're half-brothers.

It makes sense that Garou Densetsu Special was the first game to mention the relationship, considering it was released around the same time as Battle Fighters Garou Densetsu 2 aired on Japanese TV.
    Excuse my random replies...

Regarding King's ability:
    She tied with Robert (who is always portrayed equal to Ryo) in 2000. There's even an official art which depicted that event.
    http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/history/kof2000_story/index.php?num=ryuuko
    http://gallery.digik.net/view/15367

I thought it because the KOF EX games were developed by Marvelous rather than SNK. Sort of like how the SF EX characters are owned by Arika.

The original characters in this series are supposed to belong to Marvelous Entertainment.
    Well, the storyline look like it's an alternate continuity anyway. Cause it took place after Orochi Saga but NESTS seemed not to exist. Furthermore all characters aged 1 year in KOFEX2 while they still have remained the same ages in the main series (ie, Terry was 25 in EX2).
    http://www.gpara.com/special/soft/kof_ex/shujinkou_st.htm
    http://www.gpara.com/special/soft/kofex2/weekly03.htm

The interesting thing is, KOFEX2 story was supervised by Ureshino.
    http://www.oct-net.ne.jp/~bgr/gsl/gb/kofex2/kofex2.html

Leopold Goenitz - Apparently its from a KOF '96 manga or manhua, but its never been used in the games. I doubt its canon.

I think i read somewhere that Goenitz's given name was came from a novel by Ureshino.

Ralf actually appeared in another arcade game prior to the Ikari series titled TNK III (TANK in Japan), which had a pseudo sequel for the NES titled Iron Tank (Great Tank in Japan). The odd thing is that TANK (or at least Great Tank) was set in World War II Normandy, whereas the Ikari games are set in modern times.

Just to add, in Metal Slug series (which are set in the future) he was born in 1992.
    http://www.metalslug10th.com/character/ralf.php
    I think i read somewhere that Goenitz's given name was came from a novel by Ureshino.

I've checked an SNK related bibliography and it seems there's indeed a novel written by Ureshino titled "The King of Fighters '96: Rumbling on the City". He also did novelizations of all the subsequent games in the series up until KOF 2001.
    http://bohyou.vis.ne.jp/neogeo/goods/index.htm

A couple more questions:

Is Li Xiangfei (???) the niece of Lee Pai-Long (???)? Lee and Li are actually different romanizations of the same Chinese surname and Li Xiangfei makes a reference to a "Uncle Pai" (???) in her Real Bout 2 and KOF '99 background story.

When did Leona became "Leona Heidern"? I know Heidern is her adopted father, but I thought Heidern was just a codename (like Whip).
    IIRC, FFS was the first game to mentioned that relationship in its prologue.
    http://www.garou15th.com/history/series3/index.php.

If anyone interested to read it in English. There's an official translation at Ignition site, which located here: http://www.ignitionent.com/ffba/

I've checked an SNK related bibliography and it seems there's indeed a novel written by Ureshino titled "The King of Fighters '96: Rumbling on the City". He also did novelizations of all the subsequent games in the series up until KOF 2001.
    http://bohyou.vis.ne.jp/neogeo/goods/index.htm

Here's another link to check those stuffs: http://ch9071.ouchi.to/kurenai/commic.php?commic=novels
    Anyway, please remind yourself that I never affirmed this Leopold thingy.

Is Li Xiangfei (???) the niece of Lee Pai-Long (???)? Lee and Li are actually different romanizations of the same Chinese surname and Li Xiangfei makes a reference to a "Uncle Pai" (???) in her Real Bout 2 and KOF '99 background story.

As far as I'm aware, there's none of any sources to confirm or deny their relationship.
    And as you may already know, it's very common for Chinese people to share the same family name but aren't related.

When did Leona became "Leona Heidern"? I know Heidern is her adopted father, but I thought Heidern was just a codename (like Whip).

Since '98 according to this site: http://www.geocities.jp/snk_kiseki10/index/character/leona.html
    For official online sources, kof2003 site was the first (that I know of) to list her full name.
    http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof2003/character/ikari_leona.html

And, yes, Heidern is a code name. So that's most likely made "Leona Heidern" is not a REAL full name too.

Click here and here for more info. (For the latter link, just look for the date, 05/19/05.)
    As far as I'm aware, there's none of any sources to confirm or deny their relationship.
    And as you may already know, it's very common for Chinese people to share the same family name but aren't related.

Yeah, but what other Lee Pai of significance would there be in South Town besides Lee Pai-Long?
    Good thing Days of Memories was brought up because that jogged another question in my mind.

I read somewhere that Ash is in one of the male-dating versions of DoM. Does that confirm that he's heterosexual, or is that just a fangirl's dream?
    Good thing Days of Memories was brought up because that jogged another question in my mind.

I read somewhere that Ash is in one of the male-dating versions of DoM. Does that confirm that he's heterosexual, or is that just a fangirl's dream?

He's definitely one of the boys the heroine gets to date in the fourth Days of Memories. He still looks pretty fruity though. Not that it matters that much.

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/daysofmemories/daysofmemories2.htm
    http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/mobile/i-mode/special/dom_gs.php
    Lol. Well now, I guess he really is more of a conceited narcissist than a severe closet case. That's enough to make Vega look humble.