ST/GMC at NEC in Philly

mikeidgemikeidge Joined: Posts: 565
just to let anyone know who's considering going, i will be bringing 2 head to head setups to NEC. they will have grand master challenge in them and the sticks are 2x seimitsu LS56, 1 LS32, and 1 sanwa JLF. if you can play on a TE you can play on the cabs. 2 capcom impress and 2 new astro cities.

the tournament will be on SATURDAY, and will feature a singles and a team tournament. the cabs will still be there on sunday but only for casuals. i don't know much about entry fees etc as i am really only handling the equipment. i haven't seen anything posted about this so here it is.

pic of cabs here....
http://gallery.me…ge/100035/IMG_0397

hopefully someone with more detailed info will chime in..

Comments

• mikeidgemikeidge Joined: Posts: 565
    also, if there are a lot of people for casuals, i may throw the 2 player controls back in the astro cities so that we can have 4 setups happening. i personally have no patience and hate waiting in line. I'm more interested in letting everyone get a chance to play, and would like to see ppl playing even if they suck(like me). there is in fact a cps2 (GMC) in each cab. any thoughts or ideas anyone?
  • TheMuffinManTheMuffinMan 「満」 「寸」 「越」 Joined: Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    any thoughts or ideas anyone?
    Um, AWESOME! You stole my heart with the "2x LS56" part. Thanks so much for putting this setup together for the ST community!
    "That you float along in the ocean and live a life of peace does not come from your own resourcefulness." - Demon's Sermon on Martial Arts
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    just to let anyone know who's considering going, i will be bringing 2 head to head setups to NEC. they will have grand master challenge in them and the sticks are 2x seimitsu LS56, 1 LS32, and 1 sanwa JLF. if you can play on a TE you can play on the cabs. 2 capcom impress and 2 new astro cities.

the tournament will be on SATURDAY, and will feature a singles and a team tournament. the cabs will still be there on sunday but only for casuals. i don't know much about entry fees etc as i am really only handling the equipment. i haven't seen anything posted about this so here it is.

pic of cabs here....
    http://gallery.me…ge/100035/IMG_0397

hopefully someone with more detailed info will chime in..

That's so sick. 2 h2h for a major. If you live close to vegas we'll be all set every year for EVO :P

I know you have a lot of cabs & ST boards, so I assume you probably have a lot of parts too.
    Can I ask why the choice of 2x seimitsu LS56, 1 LS32, and 1 sanwa JLF?
    Why not make them all LS32 or all JLF?

BTW, anyone know if NEC will stream this? Tmonkey / sabin?
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
    im pretty sure its getting streamed. the single player control panels are made to accomodate the LS56 so thats why i put those in. at the time, i didnt realize that the jlfs work if you remove the mounting plate. i honestly dont notice a difference between the 2. oct gate works better on the ls56 but these will have the default square gate.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    Those h2h setups are pretty sick. Too bad I'm way out here in the west coast...these setups would be VERY welcome at Evo.
  • SabinSabin Arcana 2 on PS2 SUX Joined: Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That's so sick. 2 h2h for a major. If you live close to vegas we'll be all set every year for EVO :P

I know you have a lot of cabs & ST boards, so I assume you probably have a lot of parts too.
    Can I ask why the choice of 2x seimitsu LS56, 1 LS32, and 1 sanwa JLF?
    Why not make them all LS32 or all JLF?

BTW, anyone know if NEC will stream this? Tmonkey / sabin?

i def cant stream, dont have the equipment to stream from arcade boards
    SRK should stand for Stupid Retarded Kids.
    Originally Posted by Alidfe
    Arturo Sanchez won't be the best Dhalsim until he moves to Kyoto and changes his name to Kazuhiko Nitsuma.
  • TetsuosanTetsuosan Watahh Joined: Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dontblowthis will be streaming the event so no need to worry.
    i should have an XRGB2 anyday now(fingers crossed).
  • SabinSabin Arcana 2 on PS2 SUX Joined: Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dontblowthis will be streaming the event so no need to worry.
    good shit see you this weekend
    SRK should stand for Stupid Retarded Kids.
    Originally Posted by Alidfe
    Arturo Sanchez won't be the best Dhalsim until he moves to Kyoto and changes his name to Kazuhiko Nitsuma.
    good shit see you this weekend
    Yes sir thx for the shot outs on the steam =)
  • GanelonGanelon Joined: Posts: 1,101
    Awesome setup with Mike's cabs and DBT's streaming. Sorwah is still trying to get his Sanwa/Happ combined cab up. NEC is supposed to have a couple of superguns in case of any issues. For emergency purposes, I'll bring my supergun again as well.

So to recap NEC details, ST will take place -this- Sat. (12/3) at 2pm. With both team and singles tourneys set to happen, don't expect a delay. When you're there, find Mars to sign up. Singles entry will be around $10 so money shouldn't be an issue. Have fun!
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    PLEASE YOU GUYS STEP YOUR GAME UP.

I mean make us st stream monster's life easier.

a online challonge bracket so we can follow along.
    World class commentary from tmonkey/sabin/rambo/howard
    If possible please interrupt the players who just finished a game for a short review <---- these are great

Is that too much to ask =]

I'm actually very curious what the teams would be?

mars/ganelon rambo/howard damdai/tmonkey?
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
    I feel naked now that my partner commentator will not be showing up (Rambo) =(, but I will try my best to do everything you asked for pap!!
    Just remember guys tournament will be starting at around 2pm EST saturday, and will be streamed @ www.twitch.tv/dontblowthis.
  • kevgeezkevgeez Joined: Posts: 351
    Just remember guys tournament will be starting at around 2pm EST saturday, and will be streamed @ www.twitch.tv/dontblowthis.
    What time is ST gonna be over?
    What time will it start Sunday for casuals?
    Seeing you in Action is a Joke.
  • KoopKoop SRK - D.M.V. OG™ (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 5,487 mod
    cant wait to see everyone.
    Respected... simple as that.
    i will be getting there at 7pm tonight (friday). anyone gonna be around for some games?!
  • damdaidamdai www.damdai.com Joined: Posts: 1,079
    Thanks for everything mike. Best looking room at NEC.

ST singles (36 players)
    1. damdai (ohawk, oken, oryu)
    2. ganelon (claw)
    3. marsgattai (guile)
    4. techmonkey (chun)
    5. psychochronic (chun)
    5. sabin (dhalsim)
    7. jeron (claw, dic, chun)
    7. steve h (osagat)

ST teams 2v2 (15 teams)
    1. damdai (ohawk) & ganelon (claw)
    2. marsgattai (guile) & comeback (boxer)
    3. techmonkey (chun) & mike idge (ryu)
    supercade.damdai.com
    tonamento.damdai.com
    frame-advantage.com
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    36 players. Nice turnout! Hopefully we can match it for SCR. :)

What was the entry fee?
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
  • damdaidamdai www.damdai.com Joined: Posts: 1,079
    36 players. Nice turnout! Hopefully we can match it for SCR. :)

What was the entry fee?

Up from last year ^_^
    Entry fee was $10.
    supercade.damdai.com
    tonamento.damdai.com
    frame-advantage.com
    Thanks Damdai for running it and thanks Mike for the AWESOME set up... sorry I had to bounce early. Good seeing everyone.
    There's a slight mixup in the team tourney results. Marsgattai (Guile) and Comeback (boxer) came in 2nd. Tech Monkey and Mikeidge took 3rd. Team tourney was a low $10 entry per team and that price point seemed to attract a few folks who were on the fence about entering.

Anyway, nice to see everyone there. Kudos to Mike and Matt for their arcade setups; it's a great feeling playing on a cab when the controls are working smoothly. Props also to Chris and Howard for recording the matches.
    im glad everyone enjoyed the event and hopefully the numbers will continue to go up. heres a pic i took of the setups. thanks again to everyone who showed up.
    http://gallery.me…ge/100035/IMG_0417
  • MarsflashMarsflash BGG BITCHES!! Joined: Posts: 401
    Shit was dope this weekend aside from a few issues which i am sorry for to everyone as i will take responiblity for, but i want to say thanks for everybody who showed up and to mike for the amazing setup and matt for his cabs as well. Always fun seeing the peeps there and some new faces. Huge shoot out to alex balrog who i must say i have had some of the best matches with this whole weekend and for somebody who played st for the 1st time on stick, thats incredible but also to Damdai, Gane, Chris, Arthur, Howard, Sabin, Steve H, Jollies, GPL, Julian, Vortex, Koop, Mcjustin, DeepThoughts, Mikedge, Kevgeez, my cusin Brenton and my friend yusif and everybody who played this weekend as i feel like ive been refreshed to play this game again after such a long time off it. Nothing but excellent matches this weekend. Godbless you all and Looking forward to seeing more stuff like this again in the future.
  • TheMuffinManTheMuffinMan 「満」 「寸」 「越」 Joined: Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Congrats to you guys for successfully running this tournament on what appears to be the most awesome setup ever! It's really nice to see how pleased everyone is with how it turned out, and 36 entrants is massive for our community! I regret being unable to make it out to this tournament :(

Damdai: O.Ryu???
    "That you float along in the ocean and live a life of peace does not come from your own resourcefulness." - Demon's Sermon on Martial Arts
  • DeepThoughtsDeepThoughts Joined: Posts: 827
    Had a great time this weekend. ggs to everybody and thanks to Mike for bringing out those awesome cabs!
    "When he was turned down following a November 2 interview, police say he stuffed an Xbox down his pants and left the store."
  • dsinniedsinnie Joined: Posts: 4,132
    had a great time, great setup, and thanks greatly for bringing it out.
    We apologize for the inconvenience of the stream but as ganelon said we recorded the matches. Chris and I are trying to figure out when we will do it but we will be rebroadcasting the recorded matches on twitch. I'll post on here the date and time of the stream, and if you do miss it it'll be archived and broken up so it's easier to view. The only thing that we didn't record were top 4 matches.
    We apologize for the inconvenience of the stream but as ganelon said we recorded the matches. Chris and I are trying to figure out when we will do it but we will be rebroadcasting the recorded matches on twitch. I'll post on here the date and time of the stream, and if you do miss it it'll be archived and broken up so it's easier to view. The only thing that we didn't record were top 4 matches.

APOLOGIZE?!?!?!!

man thank you guys for EVEN recording and giving the community a chance to shine an continue to live on. Like Mars said just seeing the two rooms with the setups and such was awesome.... stuff like that gets my support and donations to the scene. Thank you... what u guys did was enough.
  • dsinniedsinnie Joined: Posts: 4,132

please don't apologize.

lets be real, the ST room was the best room

1) best setup
    2) best smelling
    3) best company, and competition.

as far as there not being a stream, to anyone who was trying to watch the stream please understand, stupid shit happened that was very out of the hands of anything anyone involved in ST could do about.

on another note, does anyone remember what the guy from the dominican republic name was? I had a ton of great matches with that guy.
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    top 4 matches not recorded? Honestly, what a joke of tournament. at least it could be recorded with a shitty cellphone
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    top 4 matches not recorded? Honestly, what a joke of tournament. at least it could be recorded with a shitty cellphone

Don't get your point. So now its shitty cause some matches were not recorded?
    Top 4 matches were recorded by damdai on his iphone, and is there a point to even make a comment about the tournament? If you don't like it then don't post about it, it's as simple as that.
    don't get baited people....the bastard just doesn't like me and pretty much stalks any thread I'm in to talk shit.
    Bump. Will update soon in regard to nec 2012. You can at the very least expect what was there last year.
  • psychochronicpsychochronic 5 fingers in a fist Joined: Posts: 1,854
    YESSSS!!!!!
    FGC Google Map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z7moF_GAiTa4.kxWOHrLkpOgM
    Photobucket: http://www.tinyurl.com/p9eu67p
    Youtube: psychochronic, psychorarity
    Looking forward to the Blue Room with all the gang again.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I just found out that I can't make it to NEC thanks to makeup classes lost to Hurricane Sandy being held on the same day. I'm disappointed to miss the one major I go to every year but hope you all have a blast.
  • MegamanX-8MegamanX-8 Robotic Warrior Joined: Posts: 141
    all the way in philly aw damn mars you gotta spot for me and my friend who wanna come to play some st since the scene is gone form NY now
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/nohonorcrew/

Cant have Honor when we dont have honor

XBL : WalkingDeadGuy9
    KI : Arbiter, Jago
    SFV: Zangief
    Pokken: Sceptile
    ST : Zangief, Ken, Ryu, N Sagat
    Fightcade : MegamanX8
    MegaManx-8, has anyone considered bringing a supergun to next level like the one I had there a while back? My gmc board is still there.
  • MegamanX-8MegamanX-8 Robotic Warrior Joined: Posts: 141
    good question. might have to ask around who has one and yea your gmc board is still there but you already know what happened to it :(
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/nohonorcrew/

Cant have Honor when we dont have honor

XBL : WalkingDeadGuy9
    KI : Arbiter, Jago
    SFV: Zangief
    Pokken: Sceptile
    ST : Zangief, Ken, Ryu, N Sagat
    Fightcade : MegamanX8