Comments

• Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    Corner, 1 Drive Bar

2B 2A 6A xx 623C 214A 623A xx 214D 214A 623A

crLK crLP fLP xx dp+HP qcb+LP dp+LP xx qcb+HK qcb+LP dp+LP

Replace last dp+LP/623A with a DM (haven't figured out how to time the last 623A cancel into DM to not whiff)

Easier imo than the combo in the wiki with 624A (1 hit) xx 623C and does 10 more damage

Edit: standing only :[

Alternative: 2B 2A 6A xx 214C 623Axx 214D 214A 623A

Will make first post better in future, promise. Just needed somewhere to share the combo
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • Dr. GrammarDr. Grammar Fighting Game Scientist Joined: Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭
    Iori doesn't have any hcb moves. His only half-circle command is his hcf+P command grab.
    #SFxT @ EFNet - It's better than SRK
    Iori doesn't have any hcb moves. His only half-circle command is his hcf+P command grab.
    Why was I doing everything with HCB then?

Must be Dudley habits.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • GimnboGimnbo Joined: Posts: 68
    http://www.signedbyr.com/fr/wiki/index.php/Iori_Yagami_(kof13)

Bunch of combos on the bottom. The 1016 dmg HD combo is actually pretty easy to do and works if you're within a 3rd of the stage from the (basically where the other guy starts the round). Actually, I find that basically any combo that starts with C -> df+C -> [HD] -> C -> df+C will basically push to the corner from that distance.

Combos are all well and good, but the more important thing with Hipster Iori (because I liked him before he became EX) is getting in. Any tips beyond the magic cross-up kick are appreciated. I do enjoy myself some good hop D's, personally.
    http://www.signedbyr.com/fr/wiki/index.php/Iori_Yagami_(kof13)

Bunch of combos on the bottom. The 1016 dmg HD combo is actually pretty easy to do and works if you're within a 3rd of the stage from the (basically where the other guy starts the round).

Combos are all well and good, but the more important thing with Hipster Iori (because I liked him before he became EX) is getting in. Any tips beyond the magic cross-up kick are appreciated. I do enjoy myself some good hop D's, personally.
    I'm new to KoF so this is all greek to me. Learning to hop consistently at the moment and time jump ins correctly to combo after landing them.

I'm willing to participate in the bouncing of ideas though.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    The only prior fighting game experience I've had is dabbling in Third Strike, but I find that jump-in combos are something you kind of get a natural feel for. I actually have the complimentary problem: I can't react to and follow up my low attacks like cr. B.

I do find that Iori's primary jump-ins like C and the magic kick give you damn near forever to follow up once you get it down. Other characters have jump ins where you really do gotta aim low.

An unrelated tactic I want to share is that you can use the cross-up kick while you're backdashing and it will make you haul ass in a hurry.
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭✭
    You guys should watch my Iori on Sunday at Iplaywinner's stream. He's going to be taking everyone to town.
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Juuuuuuuuuuust wanted to pop in and bring up that:
    Jumping :snkc:-->St. :snkc:-->:df:+:snkc:-->:snkb::snkc: activate-->St. :snkc:-->:df:+:snkc:-->Lvl. 1 Super-->NEOMAX
    does around 800 damage
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    Juuuuuuuuuuust wanted to pop in and bring up that:
    Jumping :snkc:-->St. :snkc:-->:df:+:snkc:-->:snkb::snkc: activate-->St. :snkc:-->:df:+:snkc:-->Lvl. 1 Super-->NEOMAX
    does around 800 damage

To be fair, most characters' basic combo starter --> BC --> super --> NeoMax do about as much.
  • tastylumpiatastylumpia the anti hero Joined: Posts: 1,413 ✭✭
    You guys should watch my Iori on Sunday at Iplaywinner's stream. He's going to be taking everyone to town.

LOL Laban I don't doubt it. We need to talk, I'm trying to learn this character, the only Claw Iori player I know is CharRex and he's "retired".
    twitter.com/TragicTurtle
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    To be fair, most characters' basic combo starter --> BC --> super --> NeoMax do about as much.
    Yeah, I've been testing some characters and they do have such combos that do big damage.
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    The combo I posted in 2nd post was standing opponent only, here's an alternative that works vs standing and crouching

alternative: 2B 2A 6A xx 214C 623Axx 214D 214A 623A

306, 1 Drive Bar, omit last DP for DM if you wish
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    dp+C whiffs on crouchers? Haha, I didn't even know. I'll update the wiki with some of this new stuff sometime soon. By the way, I recommend using cl.A for the meterless combo ender, since it gives you plenty of frame advantage to do something like hop in on the recovering opponent.

SNK uploaded some combos
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • imfreeimfree Joined: Posts: 32
    I have no idea if this is common knowledge or not, but on any of Iori's combos that end in qcb+B, you can DC qcb+C into Maiden Masher, either normal or EX. So for example:

cl. C, df. C xx qcb+B DC qcb+C, Maiden Masher

That's 433 damage, 523 with EX and it works anywhere. The trick is to not do the Maiden Masher too fast or the game will interpret it as a Super Cancel, and you want to keep the other 50% drive in your back pocket. You have a few frames after qcb+C launches them before they fall too low to catch with the super.
    I have no idea if this is common knowledge or not, but on any of Iori's combos that end in qcb+B, you can DC qcb+C into Maiden Masher, either normal or EX. So for example:

cl. C, df. C xx qcb+B DC qcb+C, Maiden Masher

That's 433 damage, 523 with EX and it works anywhere. The trick is to not do the Maiden Masher too fast or the game will interpret it as a Super Cancel, and you want to keep the other 50% drive in your back pocket. You have a few frames after qcb+C launches them before they fall too low to catch with the super.
    Personally I prefer just diong cl.C, f.A xx qcb+C and going straight into Maiden Masher. It does a good 40 Percent or so without having to burn drive meter.
    There's some things to take away from this
    Spoiler:
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • JarekovJarekov Thou Art A Bear Joined: Posts: 1,995
    There's some things to take away from this

yeah definitely alot of good stuff in there.

Is claw iori good on point? I'm new to kof and right now my team comp is claw iori, shen, and then maxima as anchor. Idk if this is a decent setup or not, i like maxima as anchor because he can put out retard damage with meter, but shen can too so idk.
  • AlchemistAlchemist Joined: Posts: 7
    I wouldn't run Iori on point. Although the range of his normals allows him good mixups his damage is pretty bad without meter. With a little meter he has easy confirms into big damage especially in the corner and has a slightly better wake up game since his regular DP reversal is pretty bad.

Yeah I know reversals are bad in this game and I should block. But Iori has harder time than alot of the cast to get in and once he does.. if you have no meter you aren't doing much damage.
    sigie.jpg
    I saw Laban doing damage at STA Ranbat with Iori on point.

All 3 of those characters I've seen used on point to some good use. I think it's really up to you to decide based on how you play them individually. Mix it up see what works best for you.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    I've tried Iori both on point and as an anchor and on point I've found him more of a poking character. His normals in general are amazing, and since there are not many drive/super cancel shenanigans in the first round he's not bad if you're willing to deal little bits of damage at a time. Just don't go in looking for BIG DAMAGE.

If you survive the first round you get rewarded with an Iori with meter. And, well, he's Iori with meter.
    ╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a strong claw iori ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no flames ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝
  • phoenixnlphoenixnl Joined: Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    ╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a strong claw iori ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no flames ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

I thought you dropped Claw Iori for Flame Iori Laban :P

Anyway, I've updated the combo section of Claw Iori on the wiki. Feel free to leave any comments here, or on the Wiki thread.

One of the more exciting things I found is that you can combo into sweep after cl.C f+A xx qcb+C. This makes this effectively the best damage combo, though it sacrifices a lot of okizeme. This makes the buff that qcb+C connects after cl.C f+A,A kind of useless. Haha.

Funnily enough, not even Dune seems to mention this option in his Iori tutorial. I guess it's so weird, that it hasn't really crossed many people's minds.
  • Terry_nbTerry_nb ... Joined: Posts: 1,047
    Does Maiden Masher DM work as an anti air ala KOF98 or has the upper body invincibility changed?
    SFA 4 needs to be made ...
  • Nagato/Kisame1992Nagato/Kisame1992 Dat "dropped combo" feeling Joined: Posts: 667
    Does Maiden Masher DM work as an anti air ala KOF98 or has the upper body invincibility changed?

Only lv2 maiden masher has invincibility and can be used as an anti-ar/projectile/wakeup, I think its one of the best supers on the game because of that, not to mention startup is faster and it goes fullscreen unlike its lvl1 version

100% with Iori (requires to be about 1/4 screen near the corner). Requires 100% Drive and 5 bars.
    j.C, s.C, df+C, HD, s.C, df+C, dp+A, qcb+B, dp+C, qcb+D, HDC qcb+AC, lvl2 maiden masher, neomax (1018) I will post a video asap.
    KOF13 characters I play: Kim/Andy/Iori/Ex Iori/Joe/Shen/Ex Kyo/Hwa/Kyo/K/Ralf/Mature and the list goes on.
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭
    So is this thread for fire iori to then? Anywho kinda late putting it up as I was thinking of doing more, but whatever dont have the will to.. But yea here are some combos with fire iori. Shows off some of the random stuff he can do like canceling the recover of his moves with that sorta classic KOF kim stuff shrug...

Nah, someone can make a separate thread for EX Iori. The character threads just aren't getting made because there's not much activity here in general.
  • Terry_nbTerry_nb ... Joined: Posts: 1,047
    Thank you for that info Nagato, always wondered if it was just my timing get kicked out of the DM.
    SFA 4 needs to be made ...
  • Nagato/Kisame1992Nagato/Kisame1992 Dat "dropped combo" feeling Joined: Posts: 667
    I saw a lot of players put claw iori on point in SCR, and I see the good and the bad about it. For one you gotta make sure you keep your blockstrings tight and frame trap, if you do that then you can easily pull off a near perfect. The weakness of starting him is the fact that your 2nd character might not have no meter or you can get zoned out, Or you play shitty and your first character is down the drain. I also saw Claw Iori vs Classic and apparently claw wins the priority matchup, and most of his special moves are safe besides DP. I think I'll stick with claw Iori being anchor and if you're gonna play classic iori, start him first and play someone else anchor like Shen.
    KOF13 characters I play: Kim/Andy/Iori/Ex Iori/Joe/Shen/Ex Kyo/Hwa/Kyo/K/Ralf/Mature and the list goes on.
  • sonicspear64sonicspear64 Can't resist the Dark Hadou. Joined: Posts: 574
    100% with Iori (requires to be about 1/4 screen near the corner). Requires 100% Drive and 5 bars.
    j.C, s.C, df+C, HD, s.C, df+C, dp+A, qcb+B, dp+C, qcb+D, HDC qcb+AC, lvl2 maiden masher, neomax (1018) I will post a video asap.
    You don't really need to spend the meter on qcb+AC. The variation that I'm using is just qcb+B, HDC dp+C, qcb+B instead of qcb+D, HDC qcb+AC. It does 1016 starting with j.C, 1014 with j.D, and 999 with j.4B.

I was talking to Dandy J earlier this week and he told me that Iori isn't that good on point. I kinda agree though. With no meter, his midscreen damage isn't as good and he doesn't have the threat of EX grab or EX dp on wakeup. He also has to hop or roll fireballs to get in instead of just using qcb+BD.
    Goes great with SWISS CHEESE!
    "You're curiously attractive, for a fish player"
    GGPO: OJwithGritZ
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Strongest in Iron Arena Joined: Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been messing around with XIII(Claw) Iori. At first I thought he wouldn't be that good since arcade players outside of HD combos were always ALWAYS doing whatever qcb+B DC Command grab. The damage just wasn't there for me honestly. But since I saw a certain combo video covering various meter and non neter based combos, I've changed my mind about this guy. As much as a "safe bet" EX Iori is, I just can't drop this guy. My only issue is where to place him on a team. I won't place him first but having him last is odd since I doubt how well he can fare vs a zoner while being low on meter.
    Get ready for the next battle...
    I play Iori second, just because it's a lot of fun hitting his EXDM off of anything. But I actually think he fares well as a first char. In a game where you always have to be scared of EX reversals, it's just a lot more comfortable to frametrap people with qcb+B, cl.C and throwing them, when they have no meter.

Speaking of which, I'm finding that repeating cl.C f+A qcb+B over and over, is an incredibly good string. On hit it's +1, and the frametrap is virtually impenetrable, on block it's -1, and people have to be pretty ballsy about utilising 2/3 frame close normals to beat you out of it, and will probably still take the trade.

You can also buffer hcf+P during the qcb+B so you get a throw on hit, without having to confirm it. You know, just in case you're lazy and you want the game to hitconfirm for you.

I'm still waiting for someone to punish the crap out of me for it. But I kind of doubt guard cancel roll is gonna beat it, so the best thing is probably a reversal, which is obviously a much bigger risk than it is for me to repeat that string.
  • TortaTorta A piece of Cake Joined: Posts: 555
    is it really qcb+B (-1) on block? =/?!?!??! i can punish it with mature's close C

and qcb+C is safer on block
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

KOFXIII: Ash/King/Vice
  • pfftpfft Maki Genryusai Joined: Posts: 98
    is the timing insanely strict for df.C xx qcb+B? Cause I can't combo anything from df.c sans st.c
    mowr wrote: »
    The battle commences, and upon victory you are treated to a short animation of Evil Ryu raping Sakura to death, before eating her alive.
    is it really qcb+B (-1) on block? =/?!?!??! i can punish it with mature's close C

and qcb+C is safer on block

yeah, qcb+C is 0 on block. QCB+B is like -3, mature's close C is from what I hear, is 2 frames.
    is the timing insanely strict for df.C xx qcb+B? Cause I can't combo anything from df.c sans st.c
    Not really, you have to wait until the move connects to get anything off of it.

Also, I think claw iori is good on point only against grapplers. I find myself taking down ralf, clark, etc. with relative ease in the matchup especially if its first. His normals just really overpower everything they try to do. However, he is still the best anchor on the game along with Shen imo.
  • 3rd strike3rd strike JAV 大好きです Joined: Posts: 427

Df.C itself isn't cancel-able to anything but into HD mode.
    90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.
    Df.C itself isn't cancel-able to anything but into HD mode.
    Naked df.C is super-cancelable.
    yeah, qcb+C is 0 on block. QCB+B is like -3, mature's close C is from what I hear, is 2 frames.

I'm pretty sure qcb+C is negative on block (-1 probably), qcb+B indeed seems a bit more negative on block, which is odd. qcb+B is definitely +1 on hit, so you would expect it to be -1 on block (In older KOF's, and as far as I've been able to see so far in XIII, blockstun is always two frames less than hitstun), but qcb+B definitely seems a bit more negative on block (-2? maybe -3 like you said)

Man I wish it wasn't so hard to collect framedata, else I'd be putting more time into it.
    Thing is about certain moves in KOF, when you make a block string and end it with special moves thats usually negative on block, they become safe because most far standing moves come out in about 4-5 frames. For example, Iori's best block stun combos are:
    Close s.C, DF+C, qcb+B. This string pushes you back enough so you wont get punished in most situations, and if it connects, you can easily drive cancel into maiden masher.
    cr.B, cr.A, qcb+C. qcb+C is either -1 on block or neutral because iori can only be punished from this string by instant moves, or command grabs(usually ex or clark's), since Iori's s.C is 2 frames, you can easily hit the opponent before they hit you regardless of the 1 frame disadvantage or you tech a grab, or you can ex DP..

Also, guys remember qcb+A and qcb+C both has lower body invincibility for the majority frames of the move. I need to use this more on characters who need to use cr.LK a lot.
    Anyone have a transcript to the Iori Combo video above? I might try to write out all the combos if there isn't.

Work In Progress

KoF XIII Iori Combo
    Spoiler:

A = LP
    B = LK
    C = HP
    D = HK

HD Gauge: 0
    Power Gauge: 0

crB crA fA qcbC dpA
    j.b+B sB fA hcfA dash qcbA sD
    (when in corner after crossup j.b+B) j.b+B sB fA hcfA dpC qcbB qcbA crD

Power Gauge: 1

(corner) crB crA fA fA qcbAC qcbA qcbA dpA
    sC fA qcbC qcfhcbA
    j.b+B sB fA hcfA qcbD qcfhcbA
    (when in corner after crossup j.b+B) j.b+B sB fA hcfA dpC qcbB qcbA qcfhcbA

Power Gauge: 2

sC fA fA qcfhcbAC
    j.b+B sB fA hcfA qcbBD qcbB qcfhcbA (opponent must be in corner after qcbB for qcfhcbA to connect)
    (corner) crB crA fA fA qcbAC qcbA qcbA qcfhcbA
    (when in corner after crossup j.b+B) j.b+B sB fA hcfA dpC qcbAC qcbB qcbA qcfhcbA
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    The crossup is j.b+B not j.b+A.

Don't think anyone transcribed it no. I should look at these combos sometime and see if there's any combos worth doing not listed on the wiki yet. (I recently put time into fixing the wiki combos)

crB crA fA qcbC dpA is better done as cr.BA f+A qcb+C, cr.D (damage) or no follow-up at all (oki) .
    [Edit] Made some radical changes to the layout of the Claw Iori combos. I hope you guys like it. I'm open to suggestions.

I still have some combos to actually check for damage and stun that seem worthwhile that are shown in the combo video above, but right now my hands are not up to doing these combos.

It's specifically the dp+A (DC) qcb+B, qcb+A, qcb+A variations of some of the listed corner combos. So if anyone is up to doing

cl.C f+A, A xx qcb+AC, qcb+A, qcb+A, dp+A (DC) qcb+B, qcb+A, qcb+A
    >cr.D
    >cl.C
    >qcf, hcb+P
    >qcf, hcb+AC

With all the Damage and stun values
    And:

cl.B f+A xx hcf+P, dp+C, qcb+B, qcb+A, dp+A (DC) qcb+B, qcb+A, qcb+A
    >cr.D
    >cl.C
    >qcf, hcb+P
    >qcf, hcb+AC

Please do go for it and post it in here!
  • TMNTempsTMNTemps dem lats Joined: Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭✭
    with those combos the extra qcb+A only adds about ~20 damage. I will work out the damage values tonight.. not going to bother with stun though

also nice thing to mess around with. close B and close C link. so you can do s.B s.C s.f+A into combos. its tough though.
    UMvC3: Magneto
  • imfreeimfree Joined: Posts: 32
    I found a neat little pseudo-option select. During any qcb+B or D, input qcb+C. If it's blocked or whiffs, nothing happens; if the initial attack hits, you DC automatically into qcb+C and get any of the usual followups afterwards. Maybe not tremendously useful (because Iori really does have better uses for drive) but considering how safe qcb+K is on block it's a neat tool to have available.
  • FakeVariableFakeVariable Bring CvS2 back Capcom...it's time... Joined: Posts: 36
    469/60
    466/60
    597/53
    643/53

Those are the values for the first combo posted by phoenixnl above with each of the finishers listed above. If I do them for the second combo I will edit them into this post later.

Edit: I used dp+A (DC) qcb+D instead of qcb+B for the combos, I don't think it should make a difference because they both do 60 damage and 6 stun but I thought I should mention it...I just find it much easier to do combos like this with qcb+D.

Second combo:

423/56
    419/56
    543/49
    597/49
    FACT: CvS2 is the best game ever.
  • What!What! Joined: Posts: 3
    Simple HD 100% combo that works anywhere on the screen

jC, cl.C, df+C (HD) cl.C df+C, [qcb+B, qcb+C(1hit), hcf+C], [qcb+D, dp+AC], qcf hcb+AC (MC) qcf qcf+BD
    [1003] damage
    Brackets indicate drive cancels and the combo costs 5 bars
    Also this probably sounds really gimmicky but after you land Iori's command grab you could super jump forward, hit the opponent with jC or D, and if you super jump forward at the right time again you end up crossing them up.
    Also this probably sounds really gimmicky but after you land Iori's command grab you could super jump forward, hit the opponent with jC or D, and if you super jump forward at the right time again you end up crossing them up.
    It's old. You could hyper hop j.C or D to reset and actually run underneath. You could run to either side, tick with cr.B, then hyper hop over them again for a free cross up. Then at any moment you could mix-up with command throws. You could actually do command throw > run forward > cl.C xx qcb+B to cross under or fake cross under depending on the spacing and timing of cl.C and it's pretty easy to control. You could even do command throw > run underneath > cl.C xx qcb+B but you always land right in front of them. He has more and more mix-ups after command throw.
    Second combo:

423/56
    419/56
    543/29
    597/29

Thanks a lot!

But... those last stun values can't be right, they should be 7 lower than the first two. so 49. I guess you made a type, I'll just write it up as that!
    It's old. You could hyper hop j.C or D to reset and actually run underneath. You could run to either side, tick with cr.B, then hyper hop over them again for a free cross up. Then at any moment you could mix-up with command throws. You could actually do command throw > run forward > cl.C xx qcb+B to cross under or fake cross under depending on the spacing and timing of cl.C and it's pretty easy to control. You could even do command throw > run underneath > cl.C xx qcb+B but you always land right in front of them. He has more and more mix-ups after command throw.

Wow didn't even think of that looks incredibly useful