The NGBC Strat Thread

Comments

• Dark GeeseDark Geese Joined: Posts: 12,439
    Oh boy email me for Athena stuff..I got stuff for her...I just wont post it here...its like my little secret(s) Athena beasts on wakeup thats ALL I will say here hehehe

Chonrei, whore Jump C ALOT, beats most AAs and DAS, use his dash move, (f+f P) its safe on block, use his combo into dash move, (even st. jabx2 to dash move works and blocked is safe) Use his lockdown super fireballs and try to confuse/guard break. Mizuchi...oh my god...his most underused move is his DP+a/c....that move has SERIOUS PRIORITY..be it on wakeup on not...King Lion...I got strats with him too..PM me...I dont wanna post them...
    **The KOF Cup 2011: March 10-14th, CDJ, Mexico w/Hummer from JAPAN!**
    **Mexico vs. Japan Part III!!**
  • Jon BadwolfJon Badwolf Furry NGBC Gladiator Joined: Posts: 372
    But Like I said, Counters are Chonrei's Kryptonite. Shermie's qcb + C, Geese counters, hell even Rock counters can snuff Chonrei... But Chonrei is a speedy bastard. I'd take the Kim bros over the Jin twins though...
    NGBC: Kyo/Iori Kim/Iori Terry/Rock Karate/Robert
    KOF XI: Eiji Kim Shingo, Eiji Shingo Vanessa, Eiji Ralf Shingo
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,710
    Can somebody be nice enough to "teach" me Kyo? This is like his only version of him I can use (Air RED Kick FTW!). I'm probably gonna team him up with Iori, just for the special DA. How do you do his new follow-up? (The fist clench explosion thingy).
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Ahh the NESTS VERSION of Kyo.
    Yeah I know Counters eat Chonrei ALIVE!!!!!!!!! His new follow up is off this combo..

qcf+C,qcf+C,qcf+A,qcf+D,HCB+c(this is the followup), that is his new follow up that enables you to do the Special Deadly Assault with Iori. It cannot for what I know be comboed after the combo though...at least I havent been able to do it.

Have you played him before in KOF 2000-2002/NW?

If you have then nothing has really changed other than his Added supers, and Air "SHINGO KICK' and new combo ender.
    I think his moves are easier to do in NGBC and his mid-air RED kick is REALLY useful. I might also try replacing Shiki with Rock for a Terry/Rock team even though Rock's low-tier in this game...

EDIT: Speaking of Terry is it wrong to use him as his 03/XI self? I find his new move kinda useless and his Geyser follow-ups kinda odd. Also for Terry's special DA with Rock...
    After a hcf Kick(w/o the kick follow up), Back, fwd*2 AE.

So...is that just the dash? That sounds really wierd and is it Back, FWD? or the same motion as Terry's power gyeser super?
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • CoosCoosCoosCoos Yep. Joined: Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ArcadeFire wrote:
    I think his moves are easier to do in NGBC and his mid-air RED kick is REALLY useful. I might also try replacing Shiki with Rock for a Terry/Rock team even though Rock's low-tier in this game...

EDIT: Speaking of Terry is it wrong to use him as his 03/XI self? I find his new move kinda useless and his Geyser follow-ups kinda odd. Also for Terry's special DA with Rock...

So...is that just the dash? That sounds really wierd and is it Back, FWD? or the same motion as Terry's power gyeser super?

I remember doing the Special DA with Terry with or without a kick. And yeah, it's b, f, b, f without charging, to activate with Terry's.

This really helps when doing this in the corner:

st. D xx Power geyser x2, Special DA.

This does mad damage, plus red life, and so the character will be seriously maimed.
    AE: Fei

Marvel: Mag/Doom/Dante

UNIEL: Waldstein
    The Special DA List (the ones i know)

Kyo: qcf + c, qcf + c, qcf +a, qcf + d, hcb + c to be able to be eligible for it. then hcb,qcf + AE.
    Iori: hcb,qcf + a or c if it connects qcf x2 +CE

Terry: Hcb + B or D, DO NOT PRESS B OR D again! then b, f, f + AE (The Range on this move sucks hard)
    Rock: Rage run shift (qcb + d) RDP + CE

Karate: Must connect the Tenchi Haoh ken. then qcf, b, f + AE
    Robert (ME!!!): Must do the ending to his QCB + B or D move, then qcb, f, b + CE (This is easy to avoid. just duck)

Oh and D. Geese, it does combo. after the HCB + D punch in the corner. And when I mean this is serious... Can you say pissed off players?
    The Special DA List (the ones i know)
    Terry: Hcb + B or D, DO NOT PRESS B OR D again! then b, f, f + AE (The Range on this move sucks hard)
    Rock: Rage run shift (qcb + d) RDP + CE

Karate: Must connect the Tenchi Haoh ken. then qcf, b, f + AE
    Robert (ME!!!): Must do the ending to his QCB + B or D move, then qcb, f, b + CE (This is easy to avoid. just duck)

Oh and D. Geese, it does combo. after the HCB + D punch in the corner. And when I mean this is serious... Can you say pissed off players?

Terry's is b,f,b,f+AE but it's REALLY short range
    Rocks is HCBX2+CE after a HCB+D

and you got Robert/Mr. Karate's wrong...

Ryo: After a Qcf*2 punch, Hcf*2 AE.
    Robert: After a Qcb*4 kick along with the follow up qcf kick, Hcb*2 CE.

I can't do Yuki/Ai's special DA I only did Ai's which is pretty bad ass.

Somebody teach me Rock...
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Let's see....

Yuki: Power up with A, B, and Taunt(start on arcade, L1 on PS2) and then qcf, hcb +AE.
    Ai: Do the baloon and ABC follow up, while the lightning thingy is on screen, qcb x 2 + CE.

I learned this fun rock corner combo off of some video the other day.

Shinkuu Nage(break, throw into corner), qcb a, qcb a, lvl. 2 Shine Knuckle, qcb a, qcb a, Special DA with Terry.

It does a fun bit of damage on someone.

CoosCoos wrote:
    Let's see....
    Yuki: Power up with A, B, and Taunt(start on arcade, L1 on PS2) and then qcf, hcb +AE.

Yeah I did that and then he just did his standing A. Do you do all of the powerups in a row? I try to do a knockdown before I do a powerup. So I guess they wear off over a few seconds or so...and is it QCF,HCB or the other way around?

Also...Does the "Start" powerup only work if you do a powerup before it? Sometimes I'd do it and Yuki would just taunt only.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    ArcadeFire wrote:
    Yeah I did that and then he just did his standing A. Do you do all of the powerups in a row? I try to do a knockdown before I do a powerup. So I guess they wear off over a few seconds or so...and is it QCF,HCB or the other way around?

Also...Does the "Start" powerup only work if you do a powerup before it? Sometimes I'd do it and Yuki would just taunt only.

The way I did it, I did all 3 back to back to back. I can test it and see if you can do the power ups separately though. I kinda doubt it, but it is worth testing.

With the "start" powerup, it is the only way to activate that special move, which is the suplex thingy. So, if you do that power up once, you have to use the suplex special move before you can do the start power up again.

Did that help any??

^ In a way. I know that you need to do the powerup so you gain the command throw. Ugh maybe the :d: :d: wasn't registering oh well I'll just practice tommarow.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Arcade Fire....

The Rock DA is RDP + CE. And I do it all the time...

And Rock his a few Decent S. Cancels after his weak Hard Edge (qcb + a).

In the Corner you can cancel to his lvl2 shining knuckle, or to really rake in damage, lvl2 Raging storm...

Honestly, after the raging storm is the best time to do the Rage Run to set up for the DA. More Rock strats on request.
    ^ That's wierd. I do HCBX2 all the time and it comes out...maybe it works as a reverse DP?

For Yuki's special DA I've seen like 2 diffrent versions. one is you only do 3 card slashes then HCF,QCB+AE the other is Card Slash: A,B and Start then the super motion or HCB,QCF...WTF?!
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Apparently, Lee gets no love from anyof you. So tried him and he's like Vega to me... Speed and combo wise anyway. Lee is underrated hard in this game, and I love his winpose sound...

WHOOO!

And how many people recognize the Kyo/Iori opening? I was laughing the first time I saw it. Why didn't they do that in XI?
    Lee???? Gimme some combos with him. I wanna pick him up to play team old people(Tung/Lee).

The only ones that I know are st. b, st. a., st. c chain xx crybaby kicks, fwd. + d xx anti air roll super, and air spin super, st. c xx rolling super.

And all of those do sucky damage :o(.

From what I understand he has an infinite that involves an Air combo... I'll try it on my NGBC run today...
    And how many people recognize the Kyo/Iori opening? I was laughing the first time I saw it. Why didn't they do that in XI?

Is'nt that part of the opening movie from KOF96?
    Boobologist Ph.D
    ArcadeFire wrote:
    Is'nt that part of the opening movie from KOF96?
    And I thought I was the only one who caught that. OK, I'm happy I know I'm around fellow KOF fans!

High Five Arcade!
    NGBC run status...

Wednesday Jan 25, 2006

Run1: Shermie/Kim defeated goodman 13 wins vs cpu/3 wins vs human
    Run2: Kim/Random defeated Neo-Dio 10 wins vs cpu/1 win vs human
    Run3: Marco/Lee loss to Mizuchi 7 wins vs CPU/3 wins vs human
    Run4: Terry/Rock defeated Neo-Dio 14 wins vs CPU/8 wins vs human (damn noobs and Asura arrows. they never learn)
  • HellionHellion .5 Beat Combat Joined: Posts: 888
    Is this game coming out for PS2 at all?
    "No one quits SRK. NO ONE" -wepeel
    P-Kyo(2), Guile, Cammy
    ST-Guile
    It's already out for the imported version, as for US release? Not sure...
  • HellionHellion .5 Beat Combat Joined: Posts: 888
    Ugh... Don't I have to modify my PS2 for that, or can I get away with an auto-loader disc like with the dreamcast?
    "No one quits SRK. NO ONE" -wepeel
    P-Kyo(2), Guile, Cammy
    ST-Guile
  • AzagtothAzagtoth weight of the world Joined: Posts: 1,745
    Hellion wrote:
    Ugh... Don't I have to modify my PS2 for that, or can I get away with an auto-loader disc like with the dreamcast?

If your ps2 is a slim model, all you need is some tape, tissue, a screwdriver, and Swap Magic boot disks. Easy as fuck, very little hassle.

So... Robert anyone? I'd particularly like to know that one nice combo where he super cancels b, f + kick into DM.

Also, Fuuma combos please. (Is it me, or are his supers completely useless?)
    SRK's Chubby Chaser
    KOFXIII: King, EX Iori, Mr. Karate
    VF5FS: Kage, Taka
    TTT2: Bob/Kuma
    His supers arent comboable that I know of...they are not useless either, they are good for wakeup and other things.

Fuma can do this-cr.b,cr.axxHCF+DxxHurricane Kick move/Rising Super in corner and if you do the Hurricane Kick move and it connects depending on the distance cancel that to the Air DP!!
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,362
    Azagtoth wrote:
    If your ps2 is a slim model, all you need is some tape, tissue, a screwdriver, and Swap Magic boot disks. Easy as fuck, very little hassle.
    What is the tissue for?
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
    Azagtoth wrote:
    Also, Fuuma combos please. (Is it me, or are his supers completely useless?)

No. They just are. Well...maybe his super where he rises into the air could be used as an AA of sorts.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    PozerWolf wrote:
    What is the tissue for?

You stuff it on one of the sensor buttons and tape over it so the ps2 acts as if it's always open. That's like half of the process.

Yeah, I was screwing around with the anything xx hcf D, qcb D, dp series last night, that seems to be his hotness. What would you guys say is his bread and butter combo for non-corner situations? For jump-ins, I use j. C/D, st. C/cr. B, HCF D, QCB K, DP, and starting from ground I either use the same one or switch with a simple st C, QCB D, DP.

At any rate, I feel he's a good meter builder for a team, since his supers won't get very much use.

Also, as for that Robert combo I mentioned I think I found it. I used db+C, b+B, hcf+B (inputs the fireball and the first part of the super) xx hcb+C for ground to ground, and from air, do a jump in while holding db, and do j. D, cr. C, hcf+B xx hcb+C (I can't seem to land the extra kick in a jump in; maybe my execution just blows). Any bread and butters or general tactics for him?
    SRK's Chubby Chaser
    With Robert, his B&B is (db + a) x 2, b + B xx hcf b xx hcb punch. This way, you can connect this off of any poking sequence if a cr. a hits. Also, remember the sonic booms from afar, and cr. a x 2, b + a chain up close, and mix up from there.

Fuuma's slow super fireball does mad chip damage.

*edit* I need a b&b for Mudman. Anyone got one?

CoosCoos wrote:
    With Robert, his B&B is (db + a) x 2, b + B xx hcf b xx hcb punch. This way, you can connect this off of any poking sequence if a cr. a hits. Also, remember the sonic booms from afar, and cr. a x 2, b + a chain up close, and mix up from there.

Fuuma's slow super fireball does mad chip damage.

Awesome, thanks. And yeah, that's about the only use I could think of for that super.
    SRK's Chubby Chaser
    i usually go for the practical Robbie combos:

c.B, c.B, f.B, Genei Kyaku (f, b, f, D)
    ", ", b.B b, f+b, S. Canel to Ryuko Ranbu or Haoh Shi Ko Ken.
  • MysticMystic Joined: Posts: 3,781
    Robert:c.A c.A b.B qcbx4 A(First one whiffs, but if you do it fast enough the second one will combo) Then as they are landing do a flash kick, I cant remember if you have to finish the qcbx4 thing.
    Angel's Number one fan.
    http://twitter.com/Bleetness
    <3333 Rose Magician
    Robert:c.A c.A b.B qcbx4 A(First one whiffs, but if you do it fast enough the second one will combo) Then as they are landing do a flash kick, I cant remember if you have to finish the qcbx4 thing.

You don't have to do the finisher, but doesn't the flash kick whiff outside of the corner?
    SRK's Chubby Chaser
    Is it me or is Shermie the fastes female in the game? It's like her Stunner is almost guaranteed after her f.b. does any one else notice that?
  • MysticMystic Joined: Posts: 3,781
    Azagtoth wrote:
    You don't have to do the finisher, but doesn't the flash kick whiff outside of the corner?
    I believe so, You can just do a s.C if you'd like. Or maybe a team attack thing.
    Angel's Number one fan.
    http://twitter.com/Bleetness
    <3333 Rose Magician
    Is it me or is Shermie the fastes female in the game? It's like her Stunner is almost guaranteed after her f.b. does any one else notice that?

I have noticed that too. I do that if I don't have a stock available actually.

Anywho, since I don't have the game on my right now, I want to ask something about Hotaru and the mixup game. Take a look at this:

cr. b, cr. a, df + C, BT D xx AB, df + C xx uf + D xx qcb b.

Standard B&B chain, but on the "df + C xx uf + D xx qcb b", the qcb b should whiff, causing you to land on the ground before the opponent. My question is: could you run under the opponent after landing from that sequence on them, or will they recover to soon for that to happen?

If someone could test that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Can somebody teach me Rock? my Rock sucks ass.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    ArcadeFire, I am a rock killer in CF so PM for some strategies... For now, I have a few S. Cancels...

These only work in the corner.

Jumping D, close C, Weak hard edge (qcb + a), S. Cancel to lvl1 or lvl2 Raging storm.

Jumping D, Close c, Weak hard edge (Qcb + a), S. Cancel to lvl2 Shining Knuckle

Let me also say, after either of these moves, you have a free shot to do the Rage run Shift, to set up for the Rock/Terry DA.

It always works on the computer and works on a human player 75% of the time.
    You can kara 360 with Rock. His kara is f + B.

*edit* Am I the last one to know that Hotaru has an air throw????

I know Hotaru has an Airthrow..it is a part of my strats when I break with her..

But if you say last I dunno...lol
  • DarkstalkerDarkstalker King of the Ring Joined: Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ...she has an air-throw?
    "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" - Gregory House
    Yo where is the love for my boy Rocky? Me and ArcadeFire are like the only ones who kick ass with him...
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
    i don't know if somebody posted this before, but neo dio have a unblokeable move, if you kill a characters with neo dio and then you do his ragin demon thingy, the new character can't block or evade the move, really gay.

Only shermie can avoid this trap, with throw super ( she stop neodio first )

see this video: http://game41.web.infoseek.co.jp/movie/game41-20060129bc_1.wmv

show very well neo dio raping toptiers characters
    Correction Coocoos..Rocks Kara is not f+b in this game..you are thinking Garou.

In this game it is f+BD..that is the Kara in this game.

Neo Dio is sick..I got a nice reset off his Com Grab that is practically inescapable though.
    Yeah sorry about that. I must have wasn't thinking on that lol.

Anywho, I've been using Mudman a lot lately. Got a question as well.

st. C xx qcf C xx(which super does more damage, fireball super or crazy men carry you off the screen super)?

And Shermie: Anyone know how to connect the throw super off of her b&b chain? I heard you have to super cancel something, I just don't know what it is.

You super cancel the HCB+C I believe. I might be wrong though...

I dont really rely on her throw super...
    Shermies Knee super is the one comboed most with after her bnb.
    CoosCoos wrote:
    And Shermie: Anyone know how to connect the throw super off of her b&b chain? I heard you have to super cancel something, I just don't know what it is.

I just use standing b, f+b, super.
    SRK's Chubby Chaser
    CoosCoos wrote:

I think you do have to SC it and you have to be a little bit closer for her grab super to connect. Just stick with her knee super.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    If she had her sleeper hold super, I can cancel after her stunner...