Official and Only Team Building Thread (ALL TEAM BUILDING TOPICS GO HERE)

Comments

• TacitMagicTacitMagic Joined: Posts: 7
    edited February 2016
    How does this team sound? I just pulled it off online. Tron (Gustaff Fire) / Frank (Shopping Cart) / Wesker (Samurai Edge)
    PSN:TacitMagic
    Steam: TacitMagic

UMVC3: Nova/Dorm/???
    USF4: Decapre
    Melee: Ice Climbers B)
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 3,037
    Wesker in the back might give you easy combos and a few comebacks online, but ultimately you need a better assist to help Tron and Frank. Dante is the best choice, but I have friends who play Tron/Frank with RR, Vergil or Shuma in the back and they all make it work. Tron/Frank/Sent is probably decent too.

As for the Tron/RR/Sent team, it's aite. I think drones is one of the assists that can make Tron a viable character, and having Log plus the Mad Hopper DHC sounds nice too. The RR/Sent pair is nothing special on its own but if you play solid/safe and focus on their projectile game, you can win.
    discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Nova β Doom α/ɣ Ammy β
    Nova β Strange ɣ Ammy β
    Ammy β Doom α Dante α

SF5: Bison, a lil Birdie, waiting on Juri

Stuff I should play more
    Aquapazza: Chizuru
    Guilty Gear Xrd: Sin
    UNIBEL: Hyde
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 4,850
    edited February 2016
    Hi I consider myself a tron Expert so I am going to give my advice on her.

Tron with Frank works well. You get a lockdown forward moving assist that pushes the opponent to the corner. Tron can not only kill off that but she can simultaneously get Frank to level 5 and Tod. Frank can use Tron as a defensive pivot of sorts by CC into Gustaf to beat certain pressures and again kill or level up frank. This I will test later but I think she sets up an unblockable on incoming using her servbot launcher and dhcing from any hyper into FFC. Which is a great tool to have to kill Vergil's and other problem characters.

Wesker is really a good partner because he doesn't give her anything useful. Neither have safe dhcs and aside from the CC she doesn't give him too much to help with his game plan. Don't use wesker and tron. Pick one or the other.

Dorm is good but not consistent enough I think to fill the holes. The have pretty good dhc synergy in that she can lunchtime rush from his chaotic flame. If you time it right you can get king servbot and stalking flare on the field at the same time which is interesting. Dark hole eats projetiles which coupled with her standing H and Gustaf can setup pressures and mixups. However the range isn't great so I wouldn't consider this a consistent tactic for the meta. Dorm can use gustaff for extensions and he can almost always dhc into her from his hypers. He also provide a a safe dhc on stalking flare. They are a good pair but they have weaknesses. They both lose to common characters so that kills a lot of the competitive edge for them. However of played right they can run it by steamrolling into dumb incoming situations.

I don't play rocket so I can't speak on him much but I will say he gives her valuable assist. Both LT and Spit work fine for her. They have weaknesses like spitfire low durability and Trap knocking opponents all the way across the screen where her horrible plink and air dash speeds won't let you get a lot off of it but it is workable. He gives her a few things she needs like safe dhc and and assist to help her get in so you can definitely use it. If you can raw tag combo her in from rocket you will kill everything in the game and you can loop King servbot and His trap hyper indefinitely if I remember correctly. So as long as you have meter you are good to go.

Sentinal is Good and equally as bad. Its good because you literally get all your needs in one. Lockdown projectile and slow assist to get in all in one. Its bad because you can't really protect it all that well. Tron has some great normals and specials moves like Gustaf and boulder but they are way too slow and against certain characters you are a happy birthday waiting to happen. I wouldn't use sent personally way better characters for better benefit.

Now onto my team and I would argue this is her best team in the game

Tron/Strange/Dante

Tron can use bolts as a quick full screen beam that locksdown and allows her to get in and setup mixups. You have to space it properly but it does everything you need. Strange can also get for loops off of all her hypers sans lv3. This team absolutely will get meter to burn and can kill effortlessly. Like any hit is killing doing a minimum of at least 950k or more depending on location and starter. He gives her a safe dhc. This is strange (pun intended) because normally neither of his hypers are safe. Well if you do a full screen beacon they more than likely are going to sj or just hold block so you fan sov and be safe from full screen. Or you can do king servbot into ROR and if it hits you get free for loops. Timing is crucial and I must admit you won't use it often but it is a really good last minute counter. She can for loop off beacon trap dhc glitch ala vanilla or she can do it off lunchtime rush from RoR either way someone is going to die. And you are going to be meter neutral or positive depending on the characters or even negative if you decide to blow your load of bars. Strange gets the invincible CC which he DESPERATELY needs to help against rushdown characters like wolvie that can maul him. Oh before I forget she can get a combo extension with bolts so any hit she takes you full screen without using ground bounce unless you start your combo with it.

Dante- Dante has all the synergy she needs to stay safe, push the opponent to the corner and knock certain characters out the air. Tron appreciates and needs those along with jams lockdown properties. She can confirm off any jam hit with Jumping S. All of hos hypers have synergy with her. DT means she is safe simply by dhcing into him she, they get great damage from lunchtime rush and million dollars. King servbot and Jam can be used to setup a counter hit situation. They jump in and attack you predict this and get king servbot out and DT they hit Dante, serbot hits them and you get a combo off it. She also gets an extension off Jam session to optimize damage late combo so that is a plus. Dante may actually be a better teammate for her than strange now that I think about it. Dante obviously gets the CC off Gustaf but he gets sky dance GB reset extensions, and can also get close range mixups off it as well. Not as great for him as a strider or magneto but it is usable in some situations.

Now that is just how they work with Tron but the thing is the strange/Dante shell is one of the best in the game and momentum changing. If you want I can make another post about that but you can also find post I have made in the tier thread about that shell. I hope this helps and if you have questions I will gladly answer them.
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 691
    ShogunFlow wrote: »
    Marvel heads. I need your help I am being stubborn.

I pretty much have played Morrigan with a variety of other characters since the beginning of Vanilla. She is far and away my best character. Right now my main pairing has been Morrigan/Storm. I like having the invincible shadowblade super into hail storm dhc because it keeps everyone safe and it kills my opponents assists. I need to find an optimal anchor.

I am willing to drop Storm, or play her on a different team. I went to The Fall Classic 2015 and got my first taste of the competition and I want to play something more cheap. Right now I'm thinking of Morrigan/Doom/Zero. Yes I would like to try Zero anchor, but also, Morrigan has some soul drain combos with Zero's DP assist.

I want to keep playing Morrigan/Storm and learn Storm infinites but I still need an optimal assist. Right now it's Akuma, but I've been messing around with Chun Li, Ammy, Dr. Strange and Sentinel as anchors/assists.

Someone help me!

I use Storm/Morrigan/Sentinel as my main team. You should try Sentinel. But if it doesn't work, Trish would be my recommendation as she's easy to use and is a good assist.
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood

• thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 564
    A friend of mine plays Morrigan/Storm/Chun and does alright with it.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)
    Deciding on MvCI stuff: Ultron/Strider might be sick

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • PFUMVC3PFUMVC3 Joined: Posts: 3
    edited February 2016
    hi i main spider-man (web ball), Taskmaster (aim master forward), Felicia (sandsplash) and my friend mains taskmaster (aim master forward), dr strange (bolts of baltthack) and dante (Jam Session) any opinions on his team and also does anyone have any suggestions for other potential 3rds for spider-man,X, felicia?
    Post edited by PFUMVC3 on
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Your friend's team is Ok.

IDK I guess you should try Doom. Felicia third sucks though.
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    Task provides decent support for Spidey, but yeah Felicia in third spot sucks and she doesn't provide good support for the other two. Keeping Spider/Task, you can use Doom, Dante or Hawkeye as a third character (preferably Doom, because of Missiles).
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams

Other games:
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun

MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    Thanks for the feedback, my other spidey team is spider-man doom strider. I only put spidey and felicia on the same team because they're my two best characters, when spider-man dies i just plan on getting felicia in and using felicia + Task. Is she really that bad as an anchor though, i found some dirty sand splash resets into ultimate web. I was thinking if anything i'd replace task and use dante middle because his assist and incoming are good.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    I think Spidey/Doom/Strider is worth dedicating time to, much more than your first team.

Felicia can make OK comebacks with XF3 but her support value is meh. Resets into Ultimate Web sound nice but Spidey combos that kill is a lot better.

Play whatever suits you the most though.
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • jromofojromofo Joined: Posts: 12
    So, I've been playing for a while and grinding quite a bit. I consider myself not total shit. I'm still shit, just not totally. Let's talk ZMC versus Zero/Vergil/Strider. I've been playing Zero May Stride for going on about a year and a half, and I'm starting to get to a point in my playing this game where I'm branching out and making new teams/playing new characters. Why is ZMC considered the dominant team to build around Zero? Why aren't there any ZMS Teams out there since Marn disappeared? I will probably pick up Dante so that I can counter pick (if ZMC even counters any teams) and to increase my match up knowledge. I love this team and I don't see what ZMC has that it doesn't other than an extra battery.
    I believe that ZMC is better because Jam Session provides better neutral and better offensive power for Zero than Vajra does (and the Sougenmu unblocks).
    High level salty play

- I try to play:

Other games:

jromofo wrote: »
    I love this team and I don't see what ZMC has that it doesn't other than an extra battery.
    Jam Session, which far, far, far outclasses Vajra.
    edited February 2016
    jromofo wrote: »
    I love this team and I don't see what ZMC has that it doesn't other than an extra battery.
    Jam Session, which far, far, far outclasses Vajra.

I would have thought zero magneto dante would be zero's best team because magneto has far better incoming than vergil. Vergil's problem is touching the ground, and whilst his rapid slash is alright it's not needed for extending zero's combos that and you get EMP disruptor mix ups. The DHC's suck but Zero doesn't need to DHC, i think the future of Zero is to take Vergil off the middle position and play Zero/ Dante as a double point shell, I think Morrigan would be better on middle as well for similar reasons. X/Vergil/ Strider teams aren't as strong in practice because Vajra can't really be used as a primary assist for anyone except Vergil. It can get punished pretty easily and Vergil's incoming is garbage so when your point character dies Vergil is most likely going to get blown up before he can do anything and if strider got sniped early on your not going to get to play. Clockwork's Vergil Doom Strider, is vastly superior to Zero Vergil Strider because Vergil get's a free beam assist and is getting chance to play right off the bat. Vajra also turns Vergil into a top tier character and if Vergil dies you've still got Doom/ Strider which is still pretty effective.
  • GamdhiFlossGamdhiFloss Joined: Posts: 6
    Hey guys im still quite new to the marvel scene and im currently team building and i find myself wanting to use storm and trish. Is there any synergy there or is it a lost cause?

Thanks guys
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 3,037
    Trish and Storm are not especially strong characters and neither has top tier assists, plus they both don't build very much meter and both (particularly Storm) need it desperately. You could pair them with Morrigan meter gain assist to mitigate that but then you don't have any good neutral assists. They could make use of Doom Missiles also. But yeah I don't see that pair as being great. Would you be willing to drop one and keep the other?
    discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Nova β Doom α/ɣ Ammy β
    Nova β Strange ɣ Ammy β
    Ammy β Doom α Dante α

SF5: Bison, a lil Birdie, waiting on Juri

Stuff I should play more
    Aquapazza: Chizuru
    Guilty Gear Xrd: Sin
    UNIBEL: Hyde
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for the advice! At the moment I'm more inclined to keep storm, as I am miles better at using her than Trish. Tbh though my main goal with the team I'm currently making is to make point strider work (without doom) so I more than happy to drop both. I just thought that storm whirlwind assist would be good for combo extension and getting people out of my face. And I just picked trish as a place holder as i can play her to a half decent standard.
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 4,850
    If you running point strider DONT USE STORM. Use strange or magneto as a beam assist and use Jam , Vergil, Haggar as get off me assist
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
    I'll give strider strange Haggar a try. Thanks man
  • TrixdeeTrixdee Joined: Posts: 111
    I wanted to give Thor a try, so I thought of this team theory as one that could possibly deal with heavy zoning (RE: Morridoom/Hawkeye)

Thor/Dante/Storm

Would this be a good team? O_O
    Trixdee wrote: »
    I wanted to give Thor a try, so I thought of this team theory as one that could possibly deal with heavy zoning (RE: Morridoom/Hawkeye)

Thor/Dante/Storm

Would this be a good team? O_O
    Don't play Storm anchor
  • TrixdeeTrixdee Joined: Posts: 111
    Oh ok. Yeah I thought about it more and it doesn't seem she's a great anchor. :xeye:
  • Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,127
    storm/dante would work
    you could play like jwong and have jam sess in the back
    no fear while floating son
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
  • DissigiaDissigia Seven Minutes Is All I Can Spare To Play With You Joined: Posts: 7
    How do you guys feel about Captain America/Wesker/Dorm or Captain America/Wesker/Doom ?
    PS3: UMvC3, MvC2, TTT2, VF5:S, DOA5:LR, MK9
    PS4: Injustice
    STEAM: MK9, Injustice, SFV, KOF 2002 Unlimited Match
    Xbox/ Windows 10 = Killer Instinct, TTT2

Steam Profile = http://steamcommunity.com/id/CptEmerica/
    PSN ID = St3v3n092
    XBL Gamertag = Streetracer096

I play more than just fighting games, but considering this is a FG website, those are what I play and the platforms I have them on.
    Dissigia wrote: »
    How do you guys feel about Captain America/Wesker/Dorm or Captain America/Wesker/Doom ?

Cap/Wesker/Dorm doesn't sound very good. Cap needs a beam for Charging Star frametraps, which Cap/Wesker/Doom has. I don't like Wesker in the second spot here because once you end the Cap combo in the corner the DHC to Maximum Wesker will do low damage. If you want to keep these specific characters you listed, I think that Cap/Dorm/Doom might work since Chaotic Flame as DHC hurts a lot (specially after a Cap full combo), DHC to Stalking Flare after a blocked Cap's super and you have Plasma Beam to back Cap up, but you will still lack neutral with Dorm since he goes better with Missiles assist.

If you are looking for other characters (and I'm in the mood for writing lol), some decent/good Cap teams would be something like:

Cap/Spencer/Doom~IronMan: Spencer's assist offer good extensions and incoming mixups for Cap, the DHC to Bionic Manouvers hurts like hell. I listed Ironman here because Unibeam is a really good assist (one of Cap's best friends IMO) and Spencer has a really strong THC. Doom is an ok anchor in my book, IronMan can do work but it's tough.

Cap/IronMan/Doom: Unibeam and Missiles. No safe DHC to IronMan, but you have 2 characters with TAC infinites if you feel that you can't go for the kill without TAC risk. IronMan with Missiles does allright, Doom with Unibeam is not that great, but the THC hurts.

Cap/Dante/Doom~IronMan: Jam Session is also a really good assist for Cap for space control. Good mixups in the corner. Dante with Plasma Beam or Unibeam is ok. If you change the order, Doom/Dante THC is really good and IM with Jam Session kinda does alright.

Cap/Doom/Strider: Plasma Beam + Vajra offers Cap a really good neutral. Vajra helps with incoming mixups too. Doom/Strider incoming mixups and anchor Strider bullshit here.

Cap/Nova/Doom~Strider: Nova helps with high-low unblockables and extensions with the Centurion assist and goes well with Doom or Strider. There is a guy that plays Cap/Nova/Strider but I forgot his name.

Cap/Strange/Raccoon~Dante: Coon's Log Trap is really good for incoming mixups and offer good extensions. Charging Star + Strange's Bolts can do some good pressure. No safe DHC, but you can punish a lot of stuff if you have the meter for Hyper Stars&Stripes -> Vishanti (even pop XF if you really want the kil). Raccoon is a really good anchor and can help Strange set up Flame Loops.

Cap/Doom/Vergil: Because anything/Doom/Vergil is the answer. lol Cap/Dante/Vergil could also work.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:

Other games:

So is everything the same with umvc3 in ps4or where there updates/changes made?

• xcamero360xcamero360 Joined: Posts: 63
    How does this sound? Iron Fist (Rising Fang)/Frank (Shopping cart)/Dante (Jam session) or instead of Dante maybe Strider with Vajra? I want to keep Iron Fist on my team any way possible. I also play Wesker, is there a way to team him up with IF?
    Cart can help fist get in and apply pressure (high/low rekkas), but I don't see Dante helping that much with Jam since they can take the damage on super jump height and Fist can't convert into a full combo. Weasel Shot assist would be better for IF, but Jam is better for Frank overall.

Vajra can help too, but Strider gets too exposed because IF can't protect him in the air, so he gets punished easily. Just be careful with Vajra calls.

If you want to use Wesker, I think you should go with Wesker/Dante(Weasel Shot)/IF. Wesker can use Rising Fang assists, but loses his own wall bounce. Also, Dante in second because of the TAC infinite. Wesker/IF/Strider is worth a try, I think.

I would recommend team Nemo swaping Nova (Iron Fist/Strange/Spencer). Meter positive kills, incoming with Teleport + Rising Fang assist can be difficult to block, Bolts is a really good assist. But Fist would struggle to get the hit anyways...
    High level salty play

- I try to play:

Other games:

• xcamero360xcamero360 Joined: Posts: 63
    thiagoeis wrote: »
    Cart can help fist get in and apply pressure (high/low rekkas), but I don't see Dante helping that much with Jam since they can take the damage on super jump height and Fist can't convert into a full combo. Weasel Shot assist would be better for IF, but Jam is better for Frank overall.

Vajra can help too, but Strider gets too exposed because IF can't protect him in the air, so he gets punished easily. Just be careful with Vajra calls.

If you want to use Wesker, I think you should go with Wesker/Dante(Weasel Shot)/IF. Wesker can use Rising Fang assists, but loses his own wall bounce. Also, Dante in second because of the TAC infinite. Wesker/IF/Strider is worth a try, I think.

I would recommend team Nemo swaping Nova (Iron Fist/Strange/Spencer). Meter positive kills, incoming with Teleport + Rising Fang assist can be difficult to block, Bolts is a really good assist. But Fist would struggle to get the hit anyways...

Thanks man, I think I'll go with either Wesker/IF/Strider or that last team. I've been meaning to learn Doctor Strange anyway.
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,502
    sup scrubs

this game sucks

help me get better at it

wolver/hawkeye/sent

the tea has a nice mvc2 rowtron-y feel to it but what assists should i be running with wolv and hawkbro
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,353
    Can't believe I'm posting in here after all these years. Thinking about getting back into things and I'm planning on running Wolverine/Spencer, the only issue is I'm currently torn between Doom or Akuma as my anchor. On one hand I think Akuma is the ideal assist for Wolverine, but on the other hand I think Plasma beam is the ideal assist for Spencer(plus I have more experience playing Doom).

So figured I'd stop by and see if I can't get some advice. Thanks in advance.
    NickRocks wrote: »
    sup scrubs

this game sucks

help me get better at it

wolver/hawkeye/sent

the tea has a nice mvc2 rowtron-y feel to it but what assists should i be running with wolv and hawkbro

I didn't get if you meant a good Hawkeye assist for Wolvie, or which assists you should be running with both chars. Anyways, with Logan I always liked Berserker Barrage for a semi-lockdown. Tornado Claw is ass and Berserker Slash has nothing special. With Hawkeye, always go with Greyhound (Triple Arrow, first assist).

jak d ripr wrote: »
    Can't believe I'm posting in here after all these years. Thinking about getting back into things and I'm planning on running Wolverine/Spencer, the only issue is I'm currently torn between Doom or Akuma as my anchor. On one hand I think Akuma is the ideal assist for Wolverine, but on the other hand I think Plasma beam is the ideal assist for Spencer(plus I have more experience playing Doom).

I would say to run both characters and use one of them when you need to adjust to certain matchups for Wolverine and Spencer. But, here is how I see it:

Both Plasma and Tatsu are awesome for Wolverine/Spencer. Doom overall support is better than Akuma's: With Doom you get TAC infinites and safe DHC's from almost any situation. Buuuut, IMO Akuma is a more reliable anchor than Doom, because Doom has a lot of bad matchups which Akuma can handle slightly better.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:

Other games:

• CPS_3CPS_3 Nothing new today Joined: Posts: 175 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hey peeps, finally picked up mahvel. :D

Any suggestions for an anchor for a Deadpoo, Trish team? The Order isn't really important if you have a better Suggestion.

So far I am thinking Deadpoo-Trish-Akuma/Hawkeye/Doom ?
    .:They should call me hadouken cause im down right fierce:.
    jak d ripr wrote: »

Doom.

• CPS_3CPS_3 Nothing new today Joined: Posts: 175 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 23
    Well, I settled for a Deadpool, Trish, Doom team after having switched out Trish for Dante for a bit. With Trish having peek-a-boo and Doom having Rocks as assists. I tried Trish beam and Doom Missiles but I like Rocks better and the beam is not very good.

It works OK...Trish is kinda usless while Deadpool is still alive but I was wondering. People tell me that you should play your best character on point(some say anchor is ok too) but in this case wouldn't it be better to switch Trish to point since she benefits more from DP than the other way around?
    .:They should call me hadouken cause im down right fierce:.
  • YunaYuna Politically correct as fuck since 2006 Joined: Posts: 7,465
    Is Vajra the best assist for point She-Hulk? I mean, I kind of refuse to not play She-Hulk, so I'd love to know what her best companions are. She-Hulk/Dante/Chun sounds like fun.
    "Here's the thing, kids: words mean things, and most of what gets slagged as 'political correctness' is really just being nice, and most of the 'righteous complainers' are simply jerkwads who don't think certain people or groups deserve their niceness. If you're a guy, and you've ever uttered something along the lines of 'dude, sexual harrassment doesn't exist. That's just something chicks make up when they change their minds,' guess what, bro. You're not the lone hero standing up to feminist PC police. You're a pig."
    --Bob Chipman
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,230
    edited February 27
    I'd also like some opinions on my She-Hulk/Sentinel/Dormammu team. I've been told to swap Dormammu for Strange but I don't feel like having to learn faltine loops. I think Dorm is more fun.

If I can't make it work would this team work with Felicia in She-Hulk's place?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

Yuna wrote: »
    Is Vajra the best assist for point She-Hulk? I mean, I kind of refuse to not play She-Hulk, so I'd love to know what her best companions are. She-Hulk/Dante/Chun sounds like fun.
    @emc always said that one of the best, if not the best, She-Hulk teams is Shulk/Doom/Strider. So, I guess Strider helps her a lot. Can't say much because I don't play She-Hulk.
    Check out his stuff on Youtube, that might enlight you a bit: https://www.youtube.com/user/Game650/videos

PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    I'd also like some opinions on my She-Hulk/Sentinel/Dormammu team. I've been told to swap Dormammu for Strange but I don't feel like having to learn faltine loops. I think Dorm is more fun.

I think it's an alright team. Drones help her a lot for getting in, and Dark Hole is a decent combo extension and underrated neutral assist (the durability on it is really good, it nullifies Plasma Beam assist IIRC).
    If She-Hulk dies, DHC from Sentinel to Dorm and begin spells and Purifications on the screen.

I think Felicia might work well with Sent/Dorm too, but she lacks the damage She-Hulk has, so you would probably go for a reset heavy game with Felicia or risking Sentinel TACs.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:

Other games:

• forte95forte95 Buster Cannoneer Joined: Posts: 544

The team won't work. Dormammu on a team means you need a meter-builder on point and Missiles/Jam assist. Swapping Felicia won't help; you'll need to take Dorm out because he won't get you much on that team.
    I'm a physics enthusiast. Let's talk science.
  • BraboChokeBraboChoke I take my food for thought with a pinch of salt Joined: Posts: 513
    Whats a good beginner team just to learn the ins and outs of the game?
    forte95 wrote: »

The team won't work. Dormammu on a team means you need a meter-builder on point and Missiles/Jam assist. Swapping Felicia won't help; you'll need to take Dorm out because he won't get you much on that team.

Crap, forgot about that when I said stuff about the team. Listen to this man.

BraboChoke wrote: »
    Whats a good beginner team just to learn the ins and outs of the game?

I would say Wesker/Doom/Vergil or Wolverine/Doom/Vergil.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:

Other games:

• BraboChokeBraboChoke I take my food for thought with a pinch of salt Joined: Posts: 513
    Thanks man.

I just saw an old tutorial from Viscant where he uses Wesker so I'll start there.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,164
    edited March 6
    I'm probably picking up the game when it drops on Steam now, just to fuck around with a couple of friends. I'm probably going to be lazy and play X/Doom/Vergil*, but I'm also toying with the idea of playing Deadpool. In particular the team Deadpool/Raccoon/Vergil stands out as an option; I realize Dante probably does Racoon's job better, but I'm horribly inconsistent with Dante's combos (leap cancels tend to end with me accidentally getting level 3 hyper instead) and Raccoon does what I mainly wanted Dante for (great DHC options for Deadpool as well as a very strong "get-off-me"-assist). Does this sound like a shell that could work? Any other thoughts on how I could get a functional team with Deadpool (but, preferably, without Dante)?

* X probably means either Wesker, Nova or Trish

Who should I replace him with?

• forte95forte95 Buster Cannoneer Joined: Posts: 544

Who should I replace him with?

I don't know much about She-Hulk, but you'll definitely get more mileage if you had Doom beam instead of just Sent drones. If you want to play Dorm, you'll have to drop She-Hulk and Sent for a good Dorm shell.
    I'm a physics enthusiast. Let's talk science.
    Nah I wanna play she hulk or felicia.

Guess I'll replace dorm with strange. Time to learn faltine loops... sigh.

• S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,379
    Anyone have teams they suggest playing with pad I used to run Zero/Vergil/Doom but I imagine round trip and buster charging being super awkward on pad although I've seen good pad Zeroes I just don't know their button config. I also Play Spiderman/Doom/Dante and Spiderman/Doom/Strider TEam Jwong as well
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
    edited March 8
    I can't really make it work. I don't know who to replace Dorm with and I'm uncomfortable with anyone else.

Characters I absolutely do not want to play: Dante, Vergil, Doom, Wesker, Strider, Hawkeye, Spencer, Nova.

All the characters I do want to play either have poor synergy or are just terrible in general. Why did Capcom have to make Shulkie borderline useless?

• S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,379
    That's why Capcom is gutting the 3 character and assist system you will have players that have to make compromises to get results.

As for your answer

M.O.D.O.K. will show you the way and modok dormammu, with shulk battery is a great suicide lead comp with a solid zoning shell built in if you don't get the first hit.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
    Hell yes!! MODOK and She-Hulk have synergy?!! I wanted to play the hell outta that guy!