Official and Only Team Building Thread (ALL TEAM BUILDING TOPICS GO HERE)

Comments

• Spiral0ArchitectSpiral0Architect Joined: Posts: 603
    edited January 2014
    Hawkeye? Vergil likes him a beam assist, or you can get crazy and do scattershot assist for an inferior Missiles.

+ I like to blatantly plug Hawkeye whenever I can :)
    USFIV: Yun, Vega, Bison :: SFxT: Bison/Chun-Li :: UMvC3: Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye :: TTT2: Dragunov/Leo
  • el mediocreel mediocre Joined: Posts: 266
    Feel like messing with Treblig Punisher's team (Iron Fist/Hawkeye/RR) but with a different point. Any suggestions? Don't really want to go with Vergil or something like that. Maybe Nova.
    I play that team as a secondary. Wesker is really good on it.
    USFIV: Yun, Vega, Bison :: SFxT: Bison/Chun-Li :: UMvC3: Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye :: TTT2: Dragunov/Leo
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 3,037
    Hawkeye is the point on that team. You could drop Iron Fist and switch RR to Log Trap instead of Spitfire to cover for lack of Rising Fang. The team would be better tenfold. I recommend Doom missiles personally.
    discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Nova β Doom α/ɣ Ammy β
    Nova β Strange ɣ Ammy β
    Ammy β Doom α Dante α

SF5: Bison, a lil Birdie, waiting on Juri

Stuff I should play more
    Aquapazza: Chizuru
    Guilty Gear Xrd: Sin
    UNIBEL: Hyde
    I thought Punisher already ran Pendulum assist on that team?
  • DeadlyPurposeDeadlyPurpose Joined: Posts: 4
    I'm pretty much dead-set on using Chris as my point after watching some of darchon25's youtube vids. I'm leaning towards Magneto as anchor but I'm not committed to him. I have no idea who to put second. It seems like Chris will be a good battery so who will be a good choice to use the meter? Also, should I rethink Mags as Assist/Anchor? Thanks.
    I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. - American Psycho
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 3,037
    edited January 2014

Nope, at least not from what I've seen. Greyhound/Rising Fang/Spitfire. Rising Fang is functionally similar to Pendulum, so.
    discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Nova β Doom α/ɣ Ammy β
    Nova β Strange ɣ Ammy β
    Ammy β Doom α Dante α

Stuff I should play more
  • el mediocreel mediocre Joined: Posts: 266

I think he used to.

Not so hot on Doom. Any other suggestions? I suppose I could throw Jam Session on there.
    Ah okay, I thought he ran Iron Fist/Hawkeye/RR(Pendulum), maybe I'm thinking of another player.
    I'm pretty much dead-set on using Chris as my point after watching some of darchon25's youtube vids. I'm leaning towards Magneto as anchor but I'm not committed to him. I have no idea who to put second. It seems like Chris will be a good battery so who will be a good choice to use the meter? Also, should I rethink Mags as Assist/Anchor? Thanks.

I don't have a lot of experience with Chris, but I'm pretty sure he loves himself a Jam Session.
    Not so hot on Doom. Any other suggestions? I suppose I could throw Jam Session on there.

Jam would be good, though I think you really want to give Hawkeye a character with better THC potential behind him since his damage is so bad. So MODOK (any assist), Magneto (Disruptor), Iron Man (Unibeam, maybe repulsor), Sentinel (Drones would fill the Spitfire hole pretty well). You got some options.
    discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Nova β Doom α/ɣ Ammy β
    Nova β Strange ɣ Ammy β
    Ammy β Doom α Dante α

Stuff I should play more
  • zezawayzezaway Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi guys i play fighting games for almost an year i love the community and the champioships,etc..
    I started playing marvel but i found 2 hard and so frustating, then i move to sf4, i found sf more easy to learn the motions,etc..
    Then i bought umvc3 again cuz i like the game at all, but it frustates me a lot..
    I cant find an team, or a good character to stick.. I used to play doom, but i can only do corner combos wich make him useless at all, i like wesker too, i learned his bnb, but in online i drop it a lot, and i dont think its my fault but ok., i wanted to play with good characters like magneto,vergil,zero, but they are too hard to me, i try they bnb, and i fail..
    Im looking for an easy team combination, and combos, Something like Hulk,Tron,etc..
    Im bad to find the combo/assist combination so if u guys could help me in a easy team with easy bnbs, and if possible combos with the assist help.. i now we need movement etc, but at all i can wave dash,etc.. so my movement is ok at all, Thanks!!
    edited January 2014
    Wesker's bnb is difficult to land consistently online sometimes. It usually takes me a couple of games in a player match lobby to adjust the timing.

For Dr. Doom, you really need to get tri-dashes down. It takes a bit of work, but it's worth it since you'll have access to Doom when team building, which is pretty much amazing.

You should look for a character you like. It doesn't matter if they're difficult to learn, because you'd be much more likely to stick with them no matter how high their learning curve is. Then pick a partner that helps them. Then you can try and find that last character you need based on what your team is missing.

Wolverine, Ryu, Hulk, Vergil, Sentinel, Captain America, Akuma, Haggar, Nova, Wesker, and maybe Nemesis and She Hulk (not sure on these two) have easy BnB's and straight-forward gameplay and tools for the most part. I'd maybe see if you like any of them and go from there with the method I mentioned above.

But like I said, I think it's better to start out playing a character you like than to start out with an easy character, so just because they are simple/easy to use, that doesn't mean you shouldn't start with someone else if you enjoy them more.
  • CoffeeBreathCoffeeBreath Joined: Posts: 5
    edited January 2014
    Alright so first post here on SRK. I've been lurking for awhile without making an account.
    I played marvel for a little over a year and stopped playing for a bit casually.
    But I just got back into it and I wanted to start playing in tournaments and what not.

I got my first two characters to play with but the anchor is my problem. Wolvie/Doom/???
    I've been trying to mess around with Spencer, Phoenix, and maybe Vergil.
    Just need some tips for basically a beginner for a good anchor with some easy combos till I can get into the more advance combos.
    Because for some reason, my brain wants to process everything faster than my fingers can output so I have problem with the more advanced combos
    as of right now.

Also, thank you to anyone in advance!
    XBL GT- TITANIC WIENER
    Slowly working on my UMvC3 team. Add me/Play me so I can get some practice in.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    I got my first two characters to play with but the anchor is my problem. Wolvie/Doom/???
    I've been trying to mess around with Spencer, Phoenix, and maybe Vergil.
    Wolvie/Doom/Vergil is the obvious choice. I wouldn't recommend Phoenix with this team, but she works too.

If you don't mind Doom anchor then Wolvie/Spencer/Doom would be pretty decent.
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    edited January 2014
    Wolvie/Doom/Vergil is the obvious choice. I wouldn't recommend Phoenix with this team, but she works too.

I wouldn't mind Doom anchor at all! I've been actually thinking about putting Spencer in the middle.
    Also, the thing about Vergil that I keep having problems with on his BnB is after rising sun, teleport, getting back up to the character
    for the air.H, air.S to continue the combo. So i kinda gave up on him till i can come back to that or figure out what im doing wrong.
    Also, i know Deadpool is low tier, but how would he be as a point? kinda want to do something different for casuals or maybe some tourney play then have all these high tier characters.
    XBL GT- TITANIC WIENER
  • Helter SkelterHelter Skelter DREAD GOD RED GOD BLACK GOD BLOOD GOD SEX GOD soon to be FLEX GOD Joined: Posts: 1,264
    Dude, just play Wolvie/Doom/Vergil. You'll learn the combo sooner than you think.
    UMvC3: DORMAMMU/DOCTOR DOOM/VERGIL ~ VERGIL/DOCTOR DOOM/PHOENIX

GGXrd: RAMLETHAL
    Got cha. What assists would be the most handy? Cause for Doom, I use Hidden Missiles because it adds on some extra damage for Wolvie's BnB.
    I'll just sit in practice till I can finally get down something with Vergil.
    XBL GT- TITANIC WIENER
    Doom should be on Beam for that team. Vergil and Wolverine get a hell of a lot more out of a beam than they do missiles. Beam lets you get in safely and helps set up your dirty mixups and crossup berserker slash.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Also, i know Deadpool is low tier, but how would he be as a point? kinda want to do something different for casuals or maybe some tourney play then have all these high tier characters.
    Deadpool isn't low tier, but he's pretty average. As a point, you should run him with Doom (Missiles). Anchors for Deadpool/Doom can vary, but I like Strider the best.
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • ifbpwnstarifbpwnstar Lab Monster Joined: Posts: 1,215

I wouldn't mind Doom anchor at all! I've been actually thinking about putting Spencer in the middle.
    Also, the thing about Vergil that I keep having problems with on his BnB is after rising sun, teleport, getting back up to the character
    for the air.H, air.S to continue the combo. So i kinda gave up on him till i can come back to that or figure out what im doing wrong.

Don't use the vergil combo...every vergil does and I'm like WHY?!? Do:
    s.:m: c.:h:, qcb+:m:, s.(:m: optional):h::s::h:~RT, c.:h:, qcf+:l:, c.:h: **, :s:, sjc.:m::m::h: d+:h: (land), df+:h: (OTG), hyper bubbles

** = sword loop point.

This combo gets slightly more meter and damage and is more consistent and you never have to worry if you catch them in air since you're always going for the wall bounce. Only reason to use the other combo is if you know the j.:s: will land in corner for the RT extension or you need to convert s.:h: or f+:h: (in which cases you can do an easy combo: s.:h: f+:h: :s:h:~RT, c.:h:, qcf+:l: c.:h: f+:h:, qcf+:b:, c.:h:, **, :s:, sjc.:m::m::h: d+:h: (land), df+:h: (OTG), hyper bubbles).
    MvCi: Gamora/Marvel - Soul
    SF 5: Nash
    UMvC3: Cap (SS) | Vergil (RS) | Strider (vajra)

edited January 2014
    Doom should be on Beam for that team. Vergil and Wolverine get a hell of a lot more out of a beam than they do missiles. Beam lets you get in safely and helps set up your dirty mixups and crossup berserker slash.

I was actually thinking about switching it to that, so I can cover Berserker slash or any raw teleports by Vergil.

"&lt wrote: »
    Deadpool isn't low tier, but he's pretty average. As a point, you should run him with Doom (Missiles). Anchors for Deadpool/Doom can vary, but I like Strider the best.

I'll try it out as a secondary team and see how it goes! I honestly love playing as Deadpool and I think he has a lot of potential but then again, I haven't really played in awhile.

ifbpwnstar wrote: »
    Don't use the vergil combo...every vergil does and I'm like WHY?!? Do:
    s.:m: c.:h:, qcb+:m:, s.(:m: optional):h::s::h:~RT, c.:h:, qcf+:l:, c.:h: **, :s:, sjc.:m::m::h: d+:h: (land), df+:h: (OTG), hyper bubbles

** = sword loop point.

This combo gets slightly more meter and damage and is more consistent and you never have to worry if you catch them in air since you're always going for the wall bounce. Only reason to use the other combo is if you know the j.:s: will land in corner for the RT extension or you need to convert s.:h: or f+:h: (in which cases you can do an easy combo: s.:h: f+:h: :s:h:~RT, c.:h:, qcf+:l: c.:h: f+:h:, qcf+:b:, c.:h:, **, :s:, sjc.:m::m::h: d+:h: (land), df+:h: (OTG), hyper bubbles).

I'll try this as soon as I get home! The only reason I was trying it is because it's in his Rehab video on the UMVC3 wiki page SRK has. But I'm stoked to try something else!

Thank you to everyone who replied and helped me out! Hopefully I'll be good enough or practice enough to play some casuals online or something if you guys want to. I need all the training I can get.
    XBL GT- TITANIC WIENER
  • SCO_ZeroSCO_Zero Joined: Posts: 67
    Can someone give me opinions on these teams please:

Viper / Zero / Dante (Viper and Zero in whatever order)

Vergil / Zero / Amaterasu

Zero / Nova / Doom

Zero / Trish (shell in general)

Id appreciate any input. Thanks!

"There are no pacts between lions and men."
    SCO_Zero wrote: »
    Viper / Zero / Dante (Viper and Zero in whatever order)
    Great theory team, lots of potential here. You need the execution, though.
    Vergil / Zero / Amaterasu

Zero / Nova / Doom

Zero / Trish (shell in general)
    These all could work, but I'm not really a fan of any of them.
  • xJayxxJayx FlowChart <3 Joined: Posts: 70
    Any suggestions on a good middle character?

I usually run Dante/Dorm/Vergil. But I'm not really feeling Dorm.
    Ultra:Ken|Bipson | Learning Sakura
    Injustice: Aquaman
    MK9:Cage
    UMvC3:Dante|Vergil|Wesker
    KoF13: Terry|Kula|Kim
    SC5: Natsu
    xJayx wrote: »
    Any suggestions on a good middle character?

I usually run Dante/Dorm/Vergil. But I'm not really feeling Dorm.
    Any preferences on what kind of character you want?

You could stick Vergil in the middle and put Magneto in the back.
  • xJayxxJayx FlowChart <3 Joined: Posts: 70
    Generally someone that can rushdown decently or capitalize on the meter gained by Dante. I've been looking at Taskmaster and Nova.

Mags is an option as well.
    Ultra:Ken|Bipson | Learning Sakura
    Injustice: Aquaman
    MK9:Cage
    UMvC3:Dante|Vergil|Wesker
    KoF13: Terry|Kula|Kim
    SC5: Natsu
    Well, it sounds like the Vergil plan is what you are looking for.
    Vergil's a nice meter hog for the 2nd slot. Dante/Vergil/Mags is a really strong team IMO.
    discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Nova β Doom α/ɣ Ammy β
    Nova β Strange ɣ Ammy β
    Ammy β Doom α Dante α

Stuff I should play more
  • SlanderousCapeSlanderousCape Joined: Posts: 2
    Looking for advice on a team just starting to really learn UMVC3 coming from other fighters. I have tried Spencer/Doom/Ammy, but not really a big fan of Ammy. Doom I highly enjoy and play him fairly well. Spencer is somewhat enjoyable. I was considering Spencer / Doom / Frank West thoughts or should I go another route?
  • KimmorKimmor I am Olvaha Joined: Posts: 936
    Looking for advice on a team just starting to really learn UMVC3 coming from other fighters. I have tried Spencer/Doom/Ammy, but not really a big fan of Ammy. Doom I highly enjoy and play him fairly well. Spencer is somewhat enjoyable. I was considering Spencer / Doom / Frank West thoughts or should I go another route?

I feel that Vergil is fantastic for that team in the back. Strong comeback factor and Spencer and Doom both can relatively use Rapid Slash as an assist (in combos and neutral).
    Dante is also good in the back. Doom/dante team hyper combo is good, and jam session is a great assist for Doom

Anchor Frank is pretty terrible and I'd advice not to go that route. He is a terrible xf3 user (if he has no levels).
    You're wasting my time and my time is money and my mind is on my money and my money is on my mind
    PSN: Olvaha
    GFWL: Olvaha
    Bodybuilding enthusiast
    AE2012 Oni scrub
  • KimmorKimmor I am Olvaha Joined: Posts: 936
    Also for you guys
    I've started to spend more time with Vergil/strider shell
    Now, I'm looking for characters who exclusively fit into this team.
    I play Doom (he is my best character), Deadpool and I think these two fit.
    But anyone else? Also, I was planning on doing the x/Vergil/Strider, but I can live with Vergil/x/strider too

Hit me up with some shit technicians!
    You're wasting my time and my time is money and my mind is on my money and my money is on my mind
    PSN: Olvaha
    GFWL: Olvaha
    Bodybuilding enthusiast
    AE2012 Oni scrub
  • bloodymessbloodymess Joined: Posts: 1,916
    Been in the lab trying to figure out a Firebrand team. So far it's FB/Frank West/Skrull. I'm using the meter assist with Frank, which leaves a noticeable lack of beam in the team but given Arremer's movement is pretty fantastic I'm not too worried.
  • RagingDemonStormRagingDemonStorm The power of elevation Joined: Posts: 3,182
    I don't think any of Skrull's assist can compensate for having a meter building assist unless your Zero or Vergil. Shopping Cart is one of Frank's best tools.
    CVS2 Akuma\Geese\whoevers top tier in that groove
    Firebrand without Doom is significantly unoptimized. He makes him so much better it's silly.

Plus Firebrand doesn't seem to have any real setups for Frank so I don't see him fitting in there at all.
    discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Nova β Doom α/ɣ Ammy β
    Nova β Strange ɣ Ammy β
    Ammy β Doom α Dante α

Stuff I should play more
    Never run meter assist with Frank. Just don't. Shopping cart is the answer all the time.

What are you looking for in this Firebrand team?
  • bloodymessbloodymess Joined: Posts: 1,916
    Never run meter assist with Frank. Just don't. Shopping cart is the answer all the time.

What are you looking for in this Firebrand team?

Basically "have an answer for everything." People see Skrull as too much of a threat to let him live as anchor/assist? Bop them and get Level 5 Frank for ez life. Not concerned about Skrull? Firebrand's got those unblockable loops. Do neither of them come off as a threat? Easy Level 4 Frank set-ups will be.
    I don't think any of Skrull's assist can compensate for having a meter building assist unless your Zero or Vergil. Shopping Cart is one of Frank's best tools.

Firebrand arguably has the best movement in the game and can more or less open up people by himself Wolverine style.
    Firebrand without Doom is significantly unoptimized. He makes him so much better it's silly.

Plus Firebrand doesn't seem to have any real setups for Frank so I don't see him fitting in there at all.

Anybody without Doom is significantly unoptimized. He's the be all and end all when it comes to optimization. Besides, it's been proven you can run Firebrand with non-Doom setups (Just look at Zak Bennet).

Also meterless Level 3 Frank. B&B into Hell's Ride, hard tag to Frank, Level 3 into Survival Techniques -> DHC into FB install, hard tag back to Frank, instant Level 4. I haven't tried this yet but I think you can snapshot + Tenderizer assist during the first hard tag, the hitstun might not allow for it though.

edited January 2014
    bloodymess wrote: »
    Firebrand arguably has the best movement in the game and can more or less open up people by himself Wolverine style.
    Wolverine isn't opening people up by himself most of the time. It's usually because he was being covered by an assist. Firebrand doesn't exactly need tons and tons of meter (and neither do Frank or Skrull). Just use Shopping Cart. It'll be better for you.
    Besides, it's been proven you can run Firebrand with non-Doom setups (Just look at Zak Bennet).
    Who ended up dropping Dormammu for Doom months ago. Not saying you have to switch, but it's true that Doom benefits Firebrand in unique ways that make Firebrand/Doom extra powerful.
    What you said about Doom is true, but it's more true for Firebrand than many other characters. I toned down my statement from "there's no point playing Firebrand without Doom" to "unoptimized" and that was my folly.

Firebrand's biggest problem is his shitty damage, and Doom mostly curbs that thanks to hard tag combos and TAC's. Plasma Beam does everything he needs to get it. That's pretty much all there is to it.

That said, Shuma is another character that acts as a hard tag damage engine for Firebrand. Check some vids of Angelic playing the team for an idea.
    discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Nova β Doom α/ɣ Ammy β
    Nova β Strange ɣ Ammy β
    Ammy β Doom α Dante α

Stuff I should play more
  • SlippazSlippaz Juuuust meat! Joined: Posts: 515
    edited January 2014
    Kimmor wrote: »
    Anchor Frank is pretty terrible and I'd advice not to go that route. He is a terrible xf3 user (if he has no levels).

That is not good advice. Either you think Frank should never be played at all, or you seriously consider that anchor is the position that can keep him relevant. There are only three point characters that come to mind who should be played with Frank in the middle and they're Nova/Doom/RR. Skrull would be on there, but he shouldn't be paired with Frank at all at this point.

Doom/Frank/Spencer would be a significantly better team IMO. You're spot-on to be thinking of Spencer as a point/hard tag teammate for Frank, but his hard tags are only really optimized if you can tag Frank and THC for levels and a follow-up combo to maximize damage and build extra meter. Doom doesn't have a good double picture assist for Frank unless you run Rocks, so you have to remember that any Spencer confirm that involves Shopping Cart (which he uses very well) is probably going to be limited to level 3 (Spencer moves to Frank's spot, so no double picture). Basically, in this situation, I don't think you gain anything by anchoring Frank, so you shouldn't risk it.

Honestly though, I wouldn't run Frank there unless you really enjoy playing him and want to make it work. He's one of the few characters that doesn't use Missiles very well, and IMO to play him right with Doom you need Plasma Beam/Frank/Jam Session. Frank with Plasma Beam/Grapple sounds kind of shady to me, but it might work.

If you've messed with Dante at all, Spencer/Dante/Frank is a damn good team by the way.

bloodymess wrote: »
    Been in the lab trying to figure out a Firebrand team. So far it's FB/Frank West/Skrull. I'm using the meter assist with Frank, which leaves a noticeable lack of beam in the team but given Arremer's movement is pretty fantastic I'm not too worried.

I see what you're saying above, but the there are three problems with running Frank there. 1) Even if Firebrand lives and levels Frank, chainsaws aren't good enough to win with just Tenderizer and whatever Firebrand assist you pick 2) If Firebrand dies you have no leveling tech. If you say you can set up a Tenderizer double picture, then your levels require that level 1 Frank gets a hit with no neutral assist. 3) Even if you level Frank once Firebrand dies, you just have Tenderizer...which is even worse than #1 and does very little besides give you incoming mixups. It's not even a good extension when you're doing optimal Frank combos.

At this point even point Skrull isn't viable for Frank. I think it'll be pretty frustrating for you if you try to run him on anchor, man.
    UMvC3 Teams: Mag/Dante/Frank & Nova/Frank/Dante
  • WarioManWarioMan Time to Taunt! Joined: Posts: 404
    Do Dante and Ammy work well together? I know they serve a similar role on a team, but I was thinking of trying out Joe/Dante/Ammy. Seems to have enough synergy going for it, but might as well call it "Team No Damage". At least Joe can go for a Slow mixup if the Dante DHC won't kill, which both assists will help with. But what kind of damage potential does Dante/Ammy have? Does it allow for strong enough reset options if Dante can't close out a character?
    UMvC3: Viewtiful Joe / Morrigan / Doom // USF4: El Fuerte // UNIEL: Carmine