Official and Only Team Building Thread (ALL TEAM BUILDING TOPICS GO HERE)

Comments

• TheReaIKingKongTheReaIKingKong AE....? Givin' it a try. Joined: Posts: 47
    Hey everyone, had a little forum break and I've been scrolling around randomly mostly, got back into marvel a while ago.

I'd like to build a team for Skrull and I'd like to use him as more than just lvl 3 anchor, any suggestions? I'm open to really all characters as long as they have good synergy and work (Keep in mind I'm a pad player, but I can still play mags etc.)..

Also I'd love to build a well optimized team for Logan. I know Justin has a good team and Noel Brown too, but any other notable characters to keep in mind for the canadian?

Cheers!

Might I suggest a Wolverine (Berserker Slash)/Doctor Doom (Plasma Beam)/Super Skrull (Tenderizer) team?

Wolverine can use Doctor Doom's Plasma Beam assist to help strengthen his rushdown game. And Super Skrull's Tenderizer assist can be used to help Wolverine start up his Tornado Claw >> Fatal Claw loops. And if you happen to lose Wolverine early in the game, I think Doctor Doom and Super Skrull would be... okay. Not the best team synergy I'd imagine, but I can see Doctor Doom doing corner Foot Dive loops, calling Super Skrull Assist while doing Doctor Doom's OTG, and give him another Foot Dive rep for a good amount of damage. And Super Skrull XF3, you can just go crazy with it. Meteor smash everywhere until you get a hit.
    PSN: TheReaIKingKong
    UMVC3 Characters: Ryu (Tatsumaki Senpukyaku)/Spencer (Slant Grapple), Magneto (Disruptor), Doctor Doom (Hidden Missiles)/Sentinel (Slant Drones)
    SFIV AE12: Ryu
  • GoofyHatMattGoofyHatMatt Joined: Posts: 7
    What are your guy's opinion about Chris (Gun Fire)/Strange (Bolts)/Ammy (Cold Star)? I am asking more about the synergy between Chris and Strange. I have found some cool combo extensions and resets with Chris and Bolts assist. I guess my real question is this team good enough to be run in a tournament?
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are your guy's opinion about Chris (Gun Fire)/Strange (Bolts)/Ammy (Cold Star)? I am asking more about the synergy between Chris and Strange. I have found some cool combo extensions and resets with Chris and Bolts assist. I guess my real question is this team good enough to be run in a tournament?

There aren't many teams that aren't good enough to run in a tournament as long as you have a strong support character in them. Strange and Ammy are top tier support characters so you'll be fine. Chris isn't bad on point either.

Strange Ammy THC is probably even stronger than Doom Ammy THC and Strange has one of the better supers (actually probably the best) to deal with THC's himself (7 rings counter super).
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
  • mcclearyb0ymcclearyb0y i prefer low tiers Joined: Posts: 74
    anyone care to critique my team? im still training a lot with them to learn each character but I wanna play Iron Fist(Rising Fang)/Shuma-Gorath(Mystic Ray)/Amateratsu(Cold Star)

with IF on point I use Shuma's assist to keep opponent out of the air and to get in since it covers so much space. once I get in close range I use IF's high priority normals and Ame's assist to keep the opponent locked down until I can open them up for a combo.

when IF dies Shuma comes in able to play a semi-zoning game with his numerous moves. then using Ame assist to keep them locked down I go high low mix-ups with Shuma until I can open my opponent up.

xflvl3 Ame at anchor is self explanatory.

also with this team I can THC as long as I have 2 bars with Shuma super because it OTGs.

I know this is a very low-tier team but I feel Shuma has a lot of potential in this game and Iron Fist is one hit kill on almost anyone in the cast if I can just open them up.
  • JediLinkJediLink Has 100%'d Super Smash Bros Melee Joined: Posts: 719
    I never played a Capcom fighter before Vanilla for my footsies aren't my best. What point character would you recommend that doesn't rely on footsies/good dashing stuff like that in order to get in the opponent's face, or would a keep-away team be better for me to play with?

Play Akuma on point, put Sent second, and put Hiryu on anchor.
    UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Hiryu and Wright/Akuma/Hiryu
    Melee and Project M: Marth
  • ThePhoenixWyldeThePhoenixWylde Joined: Posts: 67
    Play Akuma on point, put Sent second, and put Hiryu on anchor.

I did have reasonable success with Akuma on point in Vanilla. But it was with a backwards team with probably one of the worst Dantes ever and a derpy Wolverine third, with none really ever being stuck to one particular role.

I was playing with Tron earlier and saw that Sent and Akuma could help extend combos as they juggled well after her awkward cr.:h:

How well would a Tron(Gustaff)/Sent(Drones)/Akuma(Tatsu) team run do you guys think? I've tried Tron in the past and have always thought she out to work well with Sentinel.

I'll see what luck I get with on point Akuma now. Least having Strider on the team means all three all scary X.Factor Lv3 monsters.
    PSN tag: WolfenD07
    I was playing with Tron earlier and saw that Sent and Akuma could help extend combos as they juggled well after her awkward cr.:h:

How well would a Tron(Gustaff)/Sent(Drones)/Akuma(Tatsu) team run do you guys think? I've tried Tron in the past and have always thought she out to work well with Sentinel.
    Trying to play Tron isn't worth it unless you REALLY like the character. She is really, really bad.
    Trying to play Tron isn't worth it unless you REALLY like the character. She is really, really bad.

Really? Was she used purely for her assist in Vanilla? Haggar was as well but I almost constantly see him at Tournaments I watch.

I'll try yours and mine and see which has greater success.
    Really? Was she used purely for her assist in Vanilla? Haggar was as well but I almost constantly see him at Tournaments I watch.

Haggar got the easy road. His assist was nerfed to being still useful but not broken, and he was buffed as a point character to compensate. Tron, on the other hand, got her assist nerfed to the point of being useless and was actually NERFED as a point character as well. Fucking Capcom, you assholes.
  • DJPlaceDJPlace Stoner Of Shoryuken Joined: Posts: 43
    tell me what you guys think of my team.
    Nemesis T-Type=assist type A
    Ryu=assist type B
    Sential=assist Type A

i use sential's all the time.

ryu's i rarly use

and i never tag into sential

and i save my x factor for sential to spam hyper sential force super to do chip block damage... so that's my gist of it i guess....
    what the hell is the point of having a signature if we can't post pics!?!
  • IcyieIcyie Joined: Posts: 243
    Hello guys, I've been having a character crisis recently. The main team I've been using for when the going gets tough is:
    Mag(Beam)/Doom(Missiles)/Dante(Jam Session) but doom is a sort of weak link for me. And I want a difference team where I can also utilize the newer Magneto TAC infinite. So my options would've been:

Dante/Vergil/Magneto (the other team I used for anti-zoning and stuff)
    Firebrand (Can open people up for easy corner carries into TAC infinite, cheap with Jam Session)
    Viper (also corner carries, unblockables with Jam session)
    Taskmaster as point (not really sure about this one, but I've seen Jam is his best assist)
    Morrigan as second (Probably a good one, but I don't really want to play Morrigan on pad)
    Spencer (Easy damage, TACs in corner)
    Phoenix anchor (Mag/Dante is a pretty self-sufficient shell, with Dante/Mag for teleport shenanigans. Also, TAC infinite for easy 5 meters)
    Zero (Mag/Zero/Dante, Zero/Mag/Dante are just really nice teams)

Too many options, and I can't really choose one. Which do you think would really go best with the Mag/Dante(Jam Session) shell?
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Such Heroic Nonsense! Joined: Posts: 2,424 mod
    Wassup SRK,

I got one of my buddies back into Marvel a bit and convinced him that his old team of Nova/Hulk/Sentinel doesn't really work.
    (Nova/Sent is fine though)

Do you guys have any advice for the 2nd char?
    I know Spencer's good in this case but that's not really his thing.
    He's running Nova/Ammy/Sentinel in the meantime.
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
    Av by Savaii64
  • rEs4gerEs4ge Joined: Posts: 14
    Hello all,

I am pretty new at this game. I have a question regarding my team and who I should use as a third or as a 2nd if I switch someone around.

I have been practicing mainly doing Taskmaster combos and will have him as my 'point' character as I am currently most comfortable with his gameplay (by no means 'MASTERED')

My 2nd (or 3rd) character is Hawkeye. I am wondering who I should use as my anchor or if Hawkeye should be my anchor and I should pick up another 2nd char. A lot of people say Doom as anchor but I have also read that Doom is not so much a 'noob' friendly character.

So with 'noob' friendly in mind, who should my team consist of in your guys opinions?

Task/Hawk/(suggestion) or Task/(suggestion)/Hawk

Also on another note: What should I be practicing? Since I have had this game all I have really been doing is getting down Taskmaster combos (only a few combos) to a point where I can do them without thinking. What's next, keep practicing combos to get more comfortable or something else?

Thanks for all the help in advance!
  • Megasxlr2Megasxlr2 Joined: Posts: 30
    Hi, so i been using the team of hulk,wesker(gunshot),dr.doom(beam).
    It been okay,but i having getting in.
    So i just wondering how i can make this team better.
  • AlvinaTheCatAlvinaTheCat Joined: Posts: 2
    So I just started and I've been flip-flopping between many characters, but I have found a handful I like. Wolverine, Felicia, Hulk, Arthur, Nova, Jill, Chris, and x-23. I don't know about team comps at all so help would be nice. The team I normally go with is Wolverine/Felicia/Hulk but its just not working as much as I'd like.
  • ragnarok911ragnarok911 Joined: Posts: 30
    You really need to find some good assists you like since most of those are point characters without any real support. Arthur, Nova, and Chris are the ones there that have some decent assists but it's not like having doom/dante/ammy/strider etc where you get a great character and some of the best assists in the game. If your execution isn't great I would stay away from Jill and X-23 for now. Hulk and Wolverine are both good starting point characters that have near braindead exeuction. Nova is a few steps above them but also easy to learn. Pick your absolute favorite, or maybe 2, characters and go to their forums to see optimal assists.

The main problem with your team is that you give yourself no assists to help during the neutral game to get in. Most Wolverines use a quick beam assist with berserker slash to mixup the opponent.
  • AlvinaTheCatAlvinaTheCat Joined: Posts: 2
    Does wolverine and skrull work well together? I have taken a liking to him. If not then I might just make my team around him...
    Wolverine will work well on point for you and Skrull may not be the best anchor, but with x.Factor and be damn annoying to hit with Meteor smash being speeded up.

You'll need to find either a beam assist (Magneto, Dooml, IronMan etc) to help Wolvie in, or if you have no trouble getting in, find a good assist that lets Wolvie combo off his OTG slide. Characters like Akuma, Sentinel, Frank etc or other good lockdown assists help with this.
  • WonderswanWonderswan PUTTIN' QUARTERS UP Joined: Posts: 684
    Wassup SRK,

I got one of my buddies back into Marvel a bit and convinced him that his old team of Nova/Hulk/Sentinel doesn't really work.

I dunno. If he wants to have some fun Frank West in 2nd position is a nice choice. Shopping cart is pretty nice for Nova and he can DHC into level 4/5 Frank off of Nova's super. Frank would also give that team some meat, cause with Ammy in there that's a real squishy looking team atm.

Again, other than that, I would have recommended Spencer too.
    "A capacity for unlimited effort will hurdle the difficulties that frustrate lukewarm enthusiasts." - Loomis
  • StuntAsHADES ONStuntAsHADES ON Joined: Posts: 40
    Opinion for my team...I.m using Zero(shot)/Doom (plasma)/...? I need an anchor other than Dante or Virgil. I know the Zero may cry team is probably the best team for Zero. However, both those characters annoy me, so I wont play them. I was using Ryu, good anchor with meter. As of now Ryu is gone. This is where i need help. Taskmaster or Hawkeye? I really like TM, i use the diagonal upward assist because of mix-up for incoming characters. Does anyone have a suggestion? All responses appreciated. I'm looking for pros and cons for TM vs Hawkeye...or maybe I keep Ryu.
  • AtmapalazzoAtmapalazzo Joined: Posts: 40
    Opinion for my team...I.m using Zero(shot)/Doom (plasma)/...? I need an anchor other than Dante or Virgil. I know the Zero may cry team is probably the best team for Zero. However, both those characters annoy me, so I wont play them. I was using Ryu, good anchor with meter. As of now Ryu is gone. This is where i need help. Taskmaster or Hawkeye? I really like TM, i use the diagonal upward assist because of mix-up for incoming characters. Does anyone have a suggestion? All responses appreciated. I'm looking for pros and cons for TM vs Hawkeye...or maybe I keep Ryu.

I'd give Akuma a shot on anchor. His assist is like Ryu's but he plays anchor way better.
    I play 13 characters in Divekick
  • Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭

I would do Ammy.
    PSN: davidyes
    UMVC3 Teams:
    Magneto/Doom/Dante | Wolverine/Dante/Akuma | Dante/Doom/Iron Man
    UMVC3 Teams in progress:
    Magneto/Zero/Dante | Zero/Vergil/Dante
  • ViewtifulStyleViewtifulStyle Henshin a go go, baby! Joined: Posts: 18
    I've got two questions.

First up I just want to check my assists for my main, never gonna change until Venom/Anti-Venom comes out, team.

Viewtiful Joe with Voomerang
    Dante with Jam Session
    Vergil with Rapid Slash

Should I change any of those, mostly Joe's? I love the cover Rapid Slash provides, but if I have Joe in a position to use his assist should I use shocking pink instead for combo potential? I don't really need cover with Dante since I have Vergil, and Vergil doesn't really need a cover to go in.

Also, my alt team is currently
    Nova/Firebrand/Frank

Good assists for them/A better team order? I don't really wanna change it because I love those three and have always wanted to play them.
    Devil May Cry's a rockin', baby
  • PiriponPiripon Joined: Posts: 5
    So I'm new here and just bought the game and played a bit with some characters. These are the ones I like the most so far.

Zero
    Wolverine
    Deadpool
    Wesker
    Dante
    Vergil
    Nova
    Chris Redfield

Would you mind helping me make the best team with any of these characters in your opinion? Thanks!
  • SteelgutteySteelguttey MoThErFuCkEr Joined: Posts: 728
    Yeah so you should put this in the team building thread but...

Zero/Dante/Vergil is one of the best teams in the game and Wolverine/Dante/Wesker is pretty good. Dante, Zero and Chris arent exactly beginner characters, though.
    XBL: Steelguttey
    UMVC3: Main: Amaterasu (Cold Star), Frank West (Shopping Cart), Dante (Jam Session)
    Sorry, I'm new in this forum man... I'll post it there! thanks
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice I will personally Castrate George R.R Martin Joined: Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭
    Zero/Dante/Vergil is stupid in ANY position played.
    Xbox 360 GT:Jsoledout1
    BB: Carl, Valkenhayn, Tsubaki
    SG: Ms.Fortune/Painwheel/Valentine
    Youtube.com/SexualRice---> Jill umvc3 nonsense.
  • AceKillahAceKillah Divine Blade Joined: Posts: 15,351 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll just list the best pairs so you can test them out and see which you like best.

Zero/Dante
    Dante/Vergil
    Wolverine/Dante
    Wesker/Dante
    Chris/Dante
    Nova/Dante
    Deadpool/Dante
    Wolverine/Deadpool

so yeah. Dante is listed so many times because his assist is so good for all of those characters.
    lol marvel.
    I'm new at this game, and I've been playing around with a few characters and these are the ones i like:

Vergil
    Deadpool
    Nova
    Wolverine
    Zero
    Wesker

Do you mind making me a team, since I dont know which characters work with which. If none of these are good for beginners, do you mind recommending me a team who is?

Thanks!
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭
    Wassup SRK,

I actually think hulk/sent is a fine pairing, hulk has an easy time covering sentinel and drones give hulk a couple extra hits of armor, and you have two of the most damaging DHC's in the game behind nova. I think if he enjoys playing hulk he should stick with it, I mean its not theory team but its solid enough I think. Mind you I don't know too much about hulk so I might be wrong but he seems like a solid enough heavy.

My question is I currently run wolverine/doom/sentinel but have always wanted to play haggar, so I was wondering what team y'all tihnk is more solid, wolvie/doom/sent or haggar/doom/sent? I mean on one hand wolverine give almost every character not named zero some kind of issues, but haggar actually does more damage and comes with a significantly better assist making the second team possible to be played in any order whereas logan's pretty much just a point character. Haggar also brings a really dangerous CC along with him, plus as a gief, tager, and potemkin player I feel like I've abandoned my roots by not playing a real heavy in this game(I guess sent technically is a heavy but y'all get the point).

So what do you guys think? Haggar or logan?
    Is Wolverine, Nova, and Dr. Doom a good Team??
  • StEpSzStEpSz Guns, Hooks and Swords!! Joined: Posts: 357
    Here's another one for you guys, let me know what you think!

UMvC3: Spencer/Dante/Dr Doom
    I'm new at this game, and I've been playing around with a few characters and these are the ones i like:

Vergil
    Deadpool
    Nova
    Wolverine
    Zero
    Wesker

Do you mind making me a team, since I dont know which characters work with which. If none of these are good for beginners, do you mind recommending me a team who is?

Thanks!

Zero/Wesker/Vergil is an amazing team last I checked.

Zero's a great point, Wesker is an all around solid character, and if you can't pull those off in a round you have level 3 X-Factor Vergil.

EDIT: It also just occured to me that Wolverine might be a good point to that team. Rapid Slash assist would help him get in close, and then you can pull of some great stuff with Wesker's gun assist. He also doesn't need much meter letting you save most of it for Vergil.
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; "top of the idiots" Joined: Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UMvC3: Wolverine/Doctor Doom/Dante
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    "The snow fell across the living, and the [flagged as spam]." - Smoothjazz101
    "hamtaro is a parable to the struggle of life" - Scrubeks
  • AtmapalazzoAtmapalazzo Joined: Posts: 40

Vergil
    Deadpool
    Nova
    Wolverine
    Zero
    Wesker

Thanks!

Zero/Wolverine/Nova in spot 1
    Deadpool/Wesker in spot 2
    Vergil/Wesker in spot 3

Zero-b
    Wolverine-y
    Nova-b
    Deadpool-a/b
    Wesker-b
    Vergil-y

If you want your team to be beginner friendly, Wolverine/Wesker/Vergil
    I play 13 characters in Divekick
  • scytheavatarscytheavatar Joined: Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭

Vergil
    Deadpool
    Nova
    Wolverine
    Zero
    Wesker

Thanks!

None of the characters in your list have good enough an assist to carry a good team. If I am you I'll pick 2 of these characters and use them with a Doom/Akuma/Sent to support them. You can try Wolvie/Doom/Vergil, Zero/Doom/Vergil, Nova/Vergil/Doom (or Hawkeye) and see which one you like.
  • tick_tocktick_tock Joined: Posts: 653

Vergil
    Deadpool
    Nova
    Wolverine
    Zero
    Wesker

Thanks!

I'd suggest learning to use strider as an assist / anchor character if you like deadpool.

Deadpool / vergil / strider may be DP's best team.

zero / dp or vergil / strider is ridiculous, especially the vergil version.

wesker / DP / strider

wesker / vergil / strider

You could pick up doom as well but I think learning strider in combination with some of the characters you like would be best.
    Zero/Wesker/Vergil is an amazing team last I checked.

Zero's a great point, Wesker is an all around solid character, and if you can't pull those off in a round you have level 3 X-Factor Vergil.

EDIT: It also just occured to me that Wolverine might be a good point to that team. Rapid Slash assist would help him get in close, and then you can pull of some great stuff with Wesker's gun assist. He also doesn't need much meter letting you save most of it for Vergil.

Gonna have to disagree with you on this one man, zero/wesker/vergil is nowhere near an amazing team, its a useable team but its nowhere near ZMC. Zero gets soooooo much mileage off jam session, but the main issue with all the teams you listed is the distinct lack of any form of neutral assist. Zero might be able to get by without a neutral assist, but wesker and logan can't. Watch pr rog play, and count the number of times he calls vergil in the neutral, rapid slash is not a real neutral assist, its has uses, but its not gonna help logan against a magneto with drones, all its going to do is get vergil killed.
  • wolfeagle 847wolfeagle 847 Joined: Posts: 138
    Thoughts on Dorm point (assist any I guess), Dr. Strange (Bolts), Dr. Doom (Missiles). Thanks, in advance, for any and all replies!
    "All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare." - Spinoza
  • ClonedpickleClonedpickle Joined: Posts: 270
    Alright been using Haggar/Pwright/Doom (I know another PW team) anyways was thinking of dropping Haggar and picking someone up who has synergy with Wright/Doom (Outside of Dante,Vergil,Wesker)
    XBL:Clonedpickle
    Wright/Spencer/Dante
    Haggar/Chris/Strange
    Joe/Modok/RR
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; "top of the idiots" Joined: Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were to stick Deadpool, Dormammu, and Dante onto one team, what would be the best way of doing so?
    UMvC3: Wolverine/Doctor Doom/Dante
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    "The snow fell across the living, and the [flagged as spam]." - Smoothjazz101
    "hamtaro is a parable to the struggle of life" - Scrubeks
  • ubertranceubertrance Joined: Posts: 65
    Right now my team is Ryu (Tasu)/ Sent (Slant drones)/ Virgil (that Horizontal slash)
    Im pretty bad at the game and Ive tried many characters before but I feel that this one sticks for me, any tips to make the synergy work?
    Thanks in advanced
    SSF4AEv.2012: Akuma, Sakura, and others (only a bit)/3s: Akuma, Chun-Li, Q
    UMvC3: Ryu, Sentinel, Vergil (some others too)
    TTT2: Jun, Asuka, Alisa (only a bit)/SFxT: Xiaoyu/Akuma for now/KoF13: Kula, Mature, King
    Skullgirls: TBD if Xbox ever gets the patch but right now, Filia, Ms. Fortune, Painwheel
  • KillaKilla So fly, I'm unfly. Joined: Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

The dropoff from Vanilla to Ultimate for Tron was brutal. I dropped her for Ultimate, but really missed plaing with her. I experimented a lot with alternate teams to get more playtime with her, and have found Abegen's team (Tron/Thor/She-Hulk) to be really fun. I had zero Shulk experience, but the team itself has tons of wacky setups, you can really catch people offguard.

I will warn you: this team is super fun, but it can be very frustrating to learn. My neutral game with point Tron has come along way, but you will be easily overmatched by the top tiers until you learn how to safely rushdown with her. She can be crushed by both great rushdown and strong zoning, so make sure you love playing Tron before you invest too much into the team.
    UMVC3: Hawkeye/Firebrand/Missiles, Tron/Thor/Dark Betty
    AE: Cody, Blanka, Boxer, Makoto

A.B.A in GG:Xrd, OR ELSE
  • Shadow0x0cloudShadow0x0cloud Still a Scrub Joined: Posts: 124
    Im trying to make a D.Pheonix team with point Wolverine and was trying to find a good second. I'm using Magneto so far for that beam assist and for the easy infinite combos. Any other good character for Wolv/xxx/Pheonix besides Doom and Dante?
    UMVC3 - Viper / Strange / Dante - Storm / Strange / Doom
    SSF4AE - Sakura
  • [Chrono][Chrono] Jackpot! Joined: Posts: 410
    If I were to stick Deadpool, Dormammu, and Dante onto one team, what would be the best way of doing so?

In that order actually Deadpool/Dorm/Dante both Deadpool and Dorm can abuse Jam Session for lockdown and keepaway in an effective way, and the fact that all 3 of them start with the same letter it makes it more fun.
    Im trying to make a D.Pheonix team with point Wolverine and was trying to find a good second. I'm using Magneto so far for that beam assist and for the easy infinite combos. Any other good character for Wolv/xxx/Pheonix besides Doom and Dante?

To be honest you should use Phoenix only with Zero,Magnus,Dante,Doom and a couple of others for her to be effective, and if you are determined to use Wolverine the 2nd one should be a character who lets you build a great amount of meter, doesn't expend a lot of it and has a solid neutral assist, and unless i am wrong the best ones are Doom,Dante and Magnus.
    UMVC3 Main Teams: Vergil-y/Dante-b/Hawkeye-a ll Task-a/Dante-a/Felicia-a ll Dorm-y/Dante-a/Sentinel-a ll Dante-a/Morrigan-y/Doom-b llll UMVC3 Secondary Teams: Chris-a/Dante-a/Phoenix-b ll Wesker-b/Dante-y/Haggar-a
  • Shadow0x0cloudShadow0x0cloud Still a Scrub Joined: Posts: 124
    Yeah, I want to keep wolverine. Thanks for the help though
    UMVC3 - Viper / Strange / Dante - Storm / Strange / Doom
    SSF4AE - Sakura
    Gonna have to disagree with you on this one man, zero/wesker/vergil is nowhere near an amazing team, its a useable team but its nowhere near ZMC. Zero gets soooooo much mileage off jam session, but the main issue with all the teams you listed is the distinct lack of any form of neutral assist. Zero might be able to get by without a neutral assist, but wesker and logan can't. Watch pr rog play, and count the number of times he calls vergil in the neutral, rapid slash is not a real neutral assist, its has uses, but its not gonna help logan against a magneto with drones, all its going to do is get vergil killed.
    First issue is he's a beginner. I wouldn't recommend ZMC to a beginner unless they came from a background of Guilty Gear.

I think Rapid Slash is a fine beginner neutral assist, but that's just me.
    First issue is he's a beginner. I wouldn't recommend ZMC to a beginner unless they came from a background of Guilty Gear.

I think Rapid Slash is a fine beginner neutral assist, but that's just me.

True say, I wouldn't recommend ZMC for a beginner, but I wouldn't recommend zero period if were talking at that level. I figure if your gonna learn the game, might as well learn it the right way right out the gate. But I do see what you mean.
  • Sir PhobosSir Phobos From The Streets Joined: Posts: 789
    I'm looking to build a solid Trish team. In Vanilla, I used Trish (Peekaboo)/Chris (Machine Gun)/Doom (Rocks) and played a keepaway/chip-damage heavy style, but I don't mind switching to a more offensive style if the team calls for it. I considered using Dante/Trish/Wesker, but I'd like to build it around Trish/Doom if possible. Although, I understand that Trish might be more solid in the second spot for TAC options? In any case, I'd like to hear your opinions on strong teams for her.
  • [Chrono][Chrono] Jackpot! Joined: Posts: 410
    I'm looking to build a solid Trish team. In Vanilla, I used Trish (Peekaboo)/Chris (Machine Gun)/Doom (Rocks) and played a keepaway/chip-damage heavy style, but I don't mind switching to a more offensive style if the team calls for it. I considered using Dante/Trish/Wesker, but I'd like to build it around Trish/Doom if possible. Although, I understand that Trish might be more solid in the second spot for TAC options? In any case, I'd like to hear your opinions on strong teams for her.

You can go for Dante/Trish/Doom or Trish/Doom/Dante, to be honest it can be used in almost any order, but those ones are the best IMO; A character with good mobility like Trish with Jam Session and Missiles is incredible cheap, you can play in almost any way with those assists, and they have a lot of synergy.
    UMVC3 Main Teams: Vergil-y/Dante-b/Hawkeye-a ll Task-a/Dante-a/Felicia-a ll Dorm-y/Dante-a/Sentinel-a ll Dante-a/Morrigan-y/Doom-b llll UMVC3 Secondary Teams: Chris-a/Dante-a/Phoenix-b ll Wesker-b/Dante-y/Haggar-a