Official and Only Team Building Thread (ALL TEAM BUILDING TOPICS GO HERE)

Comments

• lautikpclautikpc Joined: Posts: 14
    My team is Vergil (Rapid Slash), Wesker (Lower shot) and Doom (Beam)
    I like my team but i would be happy if you can tell me any sugestion or tip to my team, like switching someone , or changing any assist.
    also i am looking for a good team with Magneto and doom, who could be the 3rd character there and why?
  • ItsDaveyJItsDaveyJ Joined: Posts: 256
    What do you all think of Magneto/Storm/Doctor Strange (bolts)?
    Currently playing: SF4: Chun-Li. Stuck playing on pad :( Hopefully USF4 goes to PS4 and a stick is released soon...
  • [Chrono][Chrono] Jackpot! Joined: Posts: 410
    My team is Vergil (Rapid Slash), Wesker (Lower shot) and Doom (Beam)
    I like my team but i would be happy if you can tell me any sugestion or tip to my team, like switching someone , or changing any assist.
    also i am looking for a good team with Magneto and doom, who could be the 3rd character there and why?

With Magneto and Doom you could put in almost any character, Morrigan,Dante,Vergil,Dormammu being the best ones IMO,

Morrigan...just watch ChrisG in tourneys and it should explain everything.
    Dante, again watch Yipes using Disruptor for a reference, but almost anyone knows how godlike Magnus and Dante are together, and comes with Jam Session making your team being able to eb played in a lot of orders.
    Vergil, the same as Dante, though his assist is worse but his point game is better, and it can take advantage of all the meter Magneto and Doom build.
    Dormammu, FChamp as a reference, it becomes very godlike, and has both his best defensive (Missiles) and offensive (Disruptor) assists for him.

Those are my recommendation though really you could put almost any character with that shell.
    UMVC3 Main Teams: Vergil-y/Dante-b/Hawkeye-a ll Task-a/Dante-a/Felicia-a ll Dorm-y/Dante-a/Sentinel-a ll Dante-a/Morrigan-y/Doom-b llll UMVC3 Secondary Teams: Chris-a/Dante-a/Phoenix-b ll Wesker-b/Dante-y/Haggar-a
    Thanks, I think Morrigan will be the best choice. I would love to play dante but I cant get a very good combo with him. I know some very very basics BnB with him, but thats all. I will go to practice with dante and if i get a nice combo I will use dante.
  • TogetherLemonTogetherLemon Joined: Posts: 14
    I just chose my team based on characters I liked. I have Spider-Man/Amaterasu/Vergil.
    Is this an okay team? I only started UMvC3 recently, and when I first started my team was Ammy/Zero/Vergil, and a lot of people told me that my team had no strategy to it (and they were right I just picked my favorite characters), so I have changed it up a little bit based on what I have researched about assists, anchors, points, etc.
  • Shiver0101Shiver0101 Joined: Posts: 14
    EDIT: Badly phrased

Which one is the better point character for Taskmaster/Akuma?

Wolverine/Taskmaster/Akuma
    Nova/Taskmaster/Akuma
    Which one is the better point character for this team?

Nova/Taskmaster/Akuma
    I think Akuma is a very good point, akuma or Nova
  • CasualHeroCasualHero It's only random if it beat you. Joined: Posts: 266
    Which one is the better point character for this team?

Nova/Taskmaster/Akuma

Wolverine is the better point character if you want to have Akuma Tatsu assist. Nova is a really good character too, but there's probably another assist besides Tatsu that would be better for him (something like Drones from Sentinel) that could still benefit Task.
    SSF4AE: Abel/Yun
    UMvC3: A Team) Spidey/MODOK/Dr. Doom Testing: Dr. Strange/RR, Magneto/Sentinel/Dante
    TTT2: Kazuya/Armor King
    SFxT2013: oh god, I'm playing like everyone trying to find a team
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,297 ✭✭✭
    EDIT: Badly phrased

Which one is the better point character for Taskmaster/Akuma?

Nova/Taskmaster/Akuma

Honestly I think it comes down to preference, which ever of those two characters do you prefer playing. Those are two very strong teams no matter which you chose, in fact a couple days ago I saw a tourney match featuring moons and he was running N/T/A so really man its all up to you. Personally id go with wolverine but thats just because I play logan so I know him better than nova.
  • Shiver0101Shiver0101 Joined: Posts: 14
    Wolverine is the better point character if you want to have Akuma Tatsu assist. Nova is a really good character too, but there's probably another assist besides Tatsu that would be better for him (something like Drones from Sentinel) that could still benefit Task.

Does Wolverine benefit from Task arrows as much as Nova does?
    Honestly I think it comes down to preference, which ever of those two characters do you prefer playing. Those are two very strong teams no matter which you chose, in fact a couple days ago I saw a tourney match featuring moons and he was running N/T/A so really man its all up to you. Personally id go with wolverine but thats just because I play logan so I know him better than nova.

I saw that too, it was pretty sick. What's your Wolverine team?
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,297 ✭✭✭
    Does Wolverine benefit from Task arrows as much as Nova does?

I saw that too, it was pretty sick. What's your Wolverine team?

wolverine/doom/sentinel, plasma beam helps me get in and drones make sure I stay in, still trying to find team specific shenanigans with the team as I currently play using only basic fundamentals and shit, but I like the team so far.

And yea, I believe wolverine benefits significantly from task arrows, there's this canadian player(chokehold I believe his name was) that plays wolvie using tasks arrows as his only assist, team isn't half bad.
  • iHogiHog Good Stuff Joined: Posts: 153
    Need help building a team. It seems everytime I go to training mode I pick a different team. I don't have a main team that I always pick, it's always "what I'm in the mood for." I want to change that. Below are a list of characters I know how to play well...and by well I mean not scrubby.

Akuma
    C. Viper
    Dante
    Frank West
    Dr. Doom
    Starting to learn Hulk
    Starting to learn and LOVE Magneto
    Nova
    Sentinel
    Super Skrull
    Taskmaster
    Starting to learn Wesker
    Wolverine

I feel my strongest characters right now are C. Viper, Taskmaster, and Wolverine. I feel pretty confident with Frank West too. A team I was running was Super Skrull(tenderizer), Frank West(Shopping cart), Dr. Doom(Plasma Beam). However I feel myself struggling to get the hit with Super Skrull, usually just dashing in A or cross up charging C. Another team I run is Magneto(disruptor), Taskmaster(horizontal arrow), Dr. Doom(plasma beam), another is C.Viper(seismo), Hulk(gamma wave), Wesker(samurai edge). I don't feel confident with my Wesker that much. Another team is Wolverine/Frank West(shopping cart)/Dr. Doom(plasma beam). I prefer this team to my skrull/frank west, but the only thing is banking off of a TAC, which isn't always guaranteed. Obviously open to suggestions.
    The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.
  • BillBill Joined: Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    How far can a Taskmaster (vert/horizaontal arrows)/Dorm (hole)/Doom (missiles) team go? I know that Mags instead of Task can go very far. But I feel like Task can come pretty close with his high health, big damage, and relatively good matchups with much of the top tier cast.
  • WalkTheAgonyWalkTheAgony 128√e980 Joined: Posts: 191
    How far can a Taskmaster (vert/horizaontal arrows)/Dorm (hole)/Doom (missiles) team go? I know that Mags instead of Task can go very far. But I feel like Task can come pretty close with his high health, big damage, and relatively good matchups with much of the top tier cast.

Taskmaster seem to be good in the right hand but you need to know how to adapt and punish.He is considered Mid tier (aka he have like 50% win rate against most of the cast) but he isn't regarded as one of the best point character simply because he doesn't really have any Mix-up potential except maybe if you swing overhead while calling Dorm assist.

Dormammu is a really strong character and I believe the best Dorm player is Champ..I belive he play it in second position because he want his magneto to build meter.Taskmaster doesn't build alot of meter because you should always end your combo into 1 or even 2 Arrow Super.

Doom as Anchor/Support is really strong overall simply because he is one of the easiest character to learn with super easy combo and pack decent DHC..there's really nothing wrong with doom..

I would suggest you find a better point character like Magneto,Wesker (with Doom Beam Assist) or Zero

or

If you want to stick with Taskmaster you will seriously put restriction on your damage input and since Taskmaster doesn't have any real reset it will be hard for you to kill something without using meter and if you do use meter you will have no Battery to charge up your meter.
    UMVC3: Main team: Vergil(Rapid Slash)/Ammy(Cold Star)/Phoenix(Tk Shot) Alt Team: Vergil(Rapid Slash)/Ammy(Cold Star)/Doom(Missile)
    Soul Calibur 5: - Mitsurugi - Leixia - Hilde
    MK9: -Ermac -Cyber Sub-Zero
  • BillBill Joined: Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Taskmaster seem to be good in the right hand but you need to know how to adapt and punish.He is considered Mid tier (aka he have like 50% win rate against most of the cast) but he isn't regarded as one of the best point character simply because he doesn't really have any Mix-up potential except maybe if you swing overhead while calling Dorm assist.

Dormammu is a really strong character and I believe the best Dorm player is Champ..I belive he play it in second position because he want his magneto to build meter.Taskmaster doesn't build alot of meter because you should always end your combo into 1 or even 2 Arrow Super.

Doom as Anchor/Support is really strong overall simply because he is one of the easiest character to learn with super easy combo and pack decent DHC..there's really nothing wrong with doom..

I would suggest you find a better point character like Magneto,Wesker (with Doom Beam Assist) or Zero

or

If you want to stick with Taskmaster you will seriously put restriction on your damage input and since Taskmaster doesn't have any real reset it will be hard for you to kill something without using meter and if you do use meter you will have no Battery to charge up your meter.

Thanks. Yeah I've started to gather that he's limited. Oh well.
  • SamiishSamiish Joined: Posts: 10
    Hi, all im new to the fighting game scene. :) I want to know if this would be a good team and if you could help me building it

Zero as 1rst
    Doom (missile)/ Dormamu as 2nd
    Magneto/ Vergil

Or

Zero
    Vergil
    Taskmaster
  • Epoch MasamuneEpoch Masamune Joined: Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
    Hi, all im new to the fighting game scene. :) I want to know if this would be a good team and if you could help me building it

Zero as 1rst
    Doom (missile)/ Dormamu as 2nd
    Magneto/ Vergil

Or

Zero
    Vergil
    Taskmaster

Zero
    Doom
    Vergil
    UMVC3: a.Wolverine/Dr.Doom/Dormammu, b.Dormammu/Dr.Doom/Hawkeye, c.Wolverine/Dr.Doom/Hawkeye
    IGAU: Batman
    AE:Adon, Ryu
    XBL: Epoch Masamune
  • SamiishSamiish Joined: Posts: 10
  • Epoch MasamuneEpoch Masamune Joined: Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
    Wich assist ?

Zero(whatever), Doom(missles), Vergil(rapid slash)= Top Tier team

Zero is arguably the strongest point character in the game, and Doom/Vergil is an awesome shell becuase you get the best assist character and assist and the best anchor backing Zero up.
    UMVC3: a.Wolverine/Dr.Doom/Dormammu, b.Dormammu/Dr.Doom/Hawkeye, c.Wolverine/Dr.Doom/Hawkeye
    IGAU: Batman
    AE:Adon, Ryu
    XBL: Epoch Masamune
  • ThePhoenixWyldeThePhoenixWylde Joined: Posts: 67
    I'm having real hard trouble against a good friend of mine that is just insane with Deadpool. Grabbing out of teleports, has really good spacing and knows when to throw out his weapons to prevent me getting in. My Wolverine is just getting wrecked and if he does kill, he loses 75%+ health just cause it's so annoying to get in.

My other two is Sentinel and Akuma, but his Wesker just eats my Sentinel for free 9/10 and Task is his best character. Him and a few others we play regularly with are nowhere near the level of pro players. We would probably struggle to get out of pools at regionals like SCR if we went.

I'm thinking of dropping is Sent and Wolverine because all I can do with them are super basic BnBs while at least Akuma I can do advanced BnBs without too much difficulty.

Though I think my biggest problem is getting in.

What other two characters would people recommend that don't have a problems dealing with Zoning heavy teams and can get into people's face without taking 50%+ health worth of chip?
    PSN tag: WolfenD07
  • MollyFighterMollyFighter Metro City Villain Joined: Posts: 603
    Looking at picking up another team, Vergil (Rapid Slash)/Magneto (Disruptor)/Ammy (Cold Star).
    I'm not sure which character I should run on point though.
    Magneto/Strange/Ammy
    Call PETA
  • SHAZAMforInjusticeSHAZAMforInjustice Stream Hero Joined: Posts: 94
    Captain America/Nova/Vergil
    Discuss...
    UMvC3:Captain America and friends Injustice:Shazam
    jak d ripr:"Although this has to be the first time someone has "liked" my post only to completely disagree with it, that s**t caught me off guard."
    Keyzerjose:"That's the mixup."
  • Warring TriadWarring Triad Pensive, Nervous Theorist Joined: Posts: 216
    I'm looking for a good lame team. I need Joe in it, and an assist that can wipe the screen would be greatly appreciated.
    PSN: TheVeldt;; Viewtiful Joe/Doctor Strange/Sentinel

Captain America/Nova/Vergil
    Discuss...

Replace Vergil with IM and reorder. It's now Team America with the right choice of costume. I approve.
  • 0mart0mart Joined: Posts: 13
    My main team its Haggar(Lariat)/ Chris(machine gun) / Wesker (Low Samurai Shot)
    I've never attended to a tournament, but i feel comfortable with this team, but I dont think its a good one. can someone tell me some things about which character I can change...
    I also like:
    Zero(but I find it too complex)
    Vergil
    Dante
    Phoenix Wright*LOL*
    UMvC3 Main Team: Chris/Haggar/DrDoom
    SSF4 Main: Fei Long Secondary: Bison
    SFXTK Main Team: Bison/Nina
  • alexgators1alexgators1 Joined: Posts: 50
    I'm using Dante/Vergil/Hawkeye. Should I have it in the order I just said, or should it be Hawkeye/Dante/Vergil?
  • wolfeagle 847wolfeagle 847 Joined: Posts: 138
    I'm using Dante/Vergil/Hawkeye. Should I have it in the order I just said, or should it be Hawkeye/Dante/Vergil?

Yes.

"All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare." - Spinoza
  • TogetherLemonTogetherLemon Joined: Posts: 14
    Currently I am using Zero(Hadangeki)/Amaterasu(Cold Star)/Vergil(Rapid Slash). I really like Zero and Ammy, but I feel like Vergil is a weak link in my team. IMO Zero is way better than Vergil as a point character, and Ammy has a better assist and is a better anchor character than Vergil. I am trying to find a character that would fill the second slot, as in I would use Zero/<New Character>/Amaterasu. Does anyone have any suggestions of who would be a good fit here?
  • Megasxlr2Megasxlr2 Joined: Posts: 30
    how is the team of nove/taskmaster/vergil.
  • scytheavatarscytheavatar Joined: Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭

Dante with Rapid Slash alone is pretty weak, unless you don't care about him being an assist tier character you are better off sticking to D/V/H.
    I've been looking for a third to team up with my Sentinel and Akuma. Dormammu really interests me after watching guys like Zak Bennet I could see how Akuma Tatsu can help Dorm, with Drones helping everyone and either Hole or Liberation helping both Sent and Akuma.

I could also see any of these three playing the point man for me once I get my Dorm combo and movement down.

Would people say this is a good viable team? Cause I am struggling to get stuff started with Wolverine and Ryu against heavy zoning teams using characters like Deadpool and Taskmaster.

Then eventually I would like to drop Sentinel cause Drones are great and all but he's so vulnerable and unless your Sentinel is really good 9/10 he just gets whacked about for free all day every day. So I think I'll drop him eventually for Magneto but learning one brand new character at a time.

So for now a team Dormammu(Dark Hole or Liberation)/Sentinel(Drones)/Akuma(Tatsu). How would people rate this with the intention of switching in Magneto for Sentinel once my Dormammu is solid.
    edited February 2013
    I've been looking for a third to team up with my Sentinel and Akuma. Dormammu really interests me after watching guys like Zak Bennet I could see how Akuma Tatsu can help Dorm, with Drones helping everyone and either Hole or Liberation helping both Sent and Akuma.

I could also see any of these three playing the point man for me once I get my Dorm combo and movement down.

Would people say this is a good viable team? Cause I am struggling to get stuff started with Wolverine and Ryu against heavy zoning teams using characters like Deadpool and Taskmaster.

Then eventually I would like to drop Sentinel cause Drones are great and all but he's so vulnerable and unless your Sentinel is really good 9/10 he just gets whacked about for free all day every day. So I think I'll drop him eventually for Magneto but learning one brand new character at a time.

So for now a team Dormammu(Dark Hole or Liberation)/Sentinel(Drones)/Akuma(Tatsu). How would people rate this with the intention of switching in Magneto for Sentinel once my Dormammu is solid.

From experience, Dorm/Sent are weak to solid rushdown. You have to have really on point with that Dormentum. Sent/Dorm would be better, as HSF to Ball shuts everything down long enough to get started.

Also, they are even worse about being outzoned. One Disruptor resets everything and you have to pull strings to get the hell you had before started again.
    Post edited by Warring Triad on
  • RatkingRatking Joined: Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    Hey there,

I'm trying to figure out a new team to play. I've been playing magneto/Wesker/doom. However it's not really working out and I need a change.

Edit: Tldr; I'm looking for something easy and effective to play, so I can learn how the game really works.

Little back story on why I'm trying to construct something entirely new though. I'm a SSBM player. I play fox. He has the highest "technical ceiling" in the game and awesome mobility. A friend suggested magneto, and after watching some high level magnus I understood why. I started playing marvel last may. I played for about a month and a half, but with no online. I got a bunch of combos down, but when I finally went to play my friend I just got bodied. My neutral game was non existent.

I kinda quit, and went back to playing a game I was good at. Now with all our communities evo hype, I wanna try again (and help fayten your pot hah).

I'm trying to construct something pretty "easy" to play, and that will force me to get an understanding of how the game really works. By easy, I mean more so "uninteresting but effective." My problem with magneto was applying his movement in a practical manner (which is insane cause it's just an easier wave dash, which I'm very accustomed to), and actually getting in there. Once I could get in there, due to lack of experience, executing things I could do in training mode with ease, went out the window.

I'm looking at Wesker as a potential starting point. I liked him and his ability to rush down, or run away (that's essentially what my fox does. Lots of running away/hit and run, until someone makes a mistake, then rush down and apply pressure.), but not sure where to go based on what else I desire.

Any suggestions/advice is much appreciated. I'm not really particularly attached to any characters for any reason beyond their means to an end.

Thanks.
    Post edited by Ratking on
    edited February 2013
    Ratking wrote: »
    Hey there,

I'm trying to figure out a new team to play. I've been playing magneto/Wesker/doom. However it's not really working out and I need a change.

Edit: Tldr; I'm looking for something easy and effective to play, so I can learn how the game really works.

Little back story on why I'm trying to construct something entirely new though. I'm a SSBM player. I play fox. He has the highest "technical ceiling" in the game and awesome mobility. A friend suggested magneto, and after watching some high level magnus I understood why. I started playing marvel last may. I played for about a month and a half, but with no online. I got a bunch of combos down, but when I finally went to play my friend I just got bodied. My neutral game was non existent.

I kinda quit, and went back to playing a game I was good at. Now with all our communities evo hype, I wanna try again (and help fayten your pot hah).

I'm trying to construct something pretty "easy" to play, and that will force me to get an understanding of how the game really works. By easy, I mean more so "uninteresting but effective." My problem with magneto was applying his movement in a practical manner (which is insane cause it's just an easier wave dash, which I'm very accustomed to), and actually getting in there. Once I could get in there, due to lack of experience, executing things I could do in training mode with ease, went out the window.

I'm looking at Wesker as a potential starting point. I liked him and his ability to rush down, or run away (that's essentially what my fox does. Lots of running away/hit and run, until someone makes a mistake, then rush down and apply pressure.), but not sure where to go based on what else I desire.

Any suggestions/advice is much appreciated. I'm not really particularly attached to any characters for any reason beyond their means to an end.

Thanks.

Think you should look at Nova, since he's like Magneto but easier, at the same time he's still very effective in the right hands. If you are looking for a Fox-like character Zero will probably be a terrific choice for you too, and he's a good character to get a feel of how this game works. Try Nova/Spencer/Doom, Nova/Spencer/Strange, Zero/Dante/Magneto, Zero/Doom/Vergil, Wesker/Dante/Magneto, Zero/Doom/Wesker and see if you like these teams.

Just be warned that getting bodied when you are new to this game is normal and you are not going to get far if you can't stand getting bodied.

EDIT: Also you should try Mag/Doom/Wesker or Wesker/Doom/Mag which gives you better damage DHCs.
    Post edited by scytheavatar on
  • Mr. PuppyMr. Puppy Joined: Posts: 148 ✭✭
    well MSD is going into the ditch and I've been working on Nova/Dorm/Shuma after I got them to all have a sweet blue color synergy. Anybody have thoughts on Nova/Dorm? I'm trying to see if I can finish off people properly with Dorm's ball of fire super out and still floating around after the DHC, but I can't really get it to be consistent. I'm getting some nice work off of flame carpet + nova's overhead assist though.
    currently: Magneto/Storm/Dante
    blowing all day in the lab convincing myself that magneto/storm with jam session can push/pull morridoom into setups that has jam session blocking the projectiles.

in the graveyard: Firebrand/Dante/Task, Vergil/Strange/Ammy, Firebrand/Rocket/Dante, Dante/Missiles/Phoenix

From experience, Dorm/Sent are weak to solid rushdown. You have to have really on point with that Dormentum. Sent/Dorm would be better, as HSF to Ball shuts everything down long enough to get started.

Also, they are even worse about being outzoned. One Disruptor resets everything and you have to pull strings to get the hell you had before started again.

Thanks for the advice. I'll put Sentinel to point. Means he also doesn't have to deal with a mix-up when he's just trying to get on screen and I don't have to blow a meter for Hard Drive.
  • RatkingRatking Joined: Posts: 8
    edited February 2013

Think you should look at Nova, since he's like Magneto but easier, at the same time he's still very effective in the right hands. If you are looking for a Fox-like character Zero will probably be a terrific choice for you too, and he's a good character to get a feel of how this game works. Try Nova/Spencer/Doom, Nova/Spencer/Strange, Zero/Dante/Magneto, Zero/Doom/Vergil, Wesker/Dante/Magneto, Zero/Doom/Wesker and see if you like these teams.

Just be warned that getting bodied when you are new to this game is normal and you are not going to get far if you can't stand getting bodied.

EDIT: Also you should try Mag/Doom/Wesker or Wesker/Doom/Mag which gives you better damage DHCs.

Thanks a bunch. I am going to definitely mess around with some of these.

Is Zero fox like though, in the insane technical demand sense? or just that he can be played in a bunch of different ways? I appreciate Fox, because there is not a set way to play him really, any player with a different play style can make really good use of him (If you have the background, it's like comparing Silentwolf and Cactuar. Totally different Foxes, both good.), and turn him into their own. I don't really play a crazy button heavy fox, but I can when needed, in short bursts.

Also, would Zero/Dante/Vergil, or Wesker/Dante/Vergil be worth giving a shot? I'm trying to think of some more that have Wesker on point, but don't have Mags or Doom. Nothing against them for sure, just trying to feel some other stuff out. Also, Doom, as good as he felt sometimes, more often than not felt super clunky, which maybe I should get over, cause missiles seem insanely good.

I am totally aware of the being new and getting bodied. It's like that with ANY game, it just felt way worse with this one (I was switching between Marvel and SF one night, and was having way better results as a bad SF player than a bad Marvel player). Also the only person I really had to play with is actually pretty good, and plays the game fairly seriously. I have some bad friends, that I can learn to play attempt to develop neutral game against now though.

Anyway, thanks again so much.

Post edited by Ratking on
    edited February 2013
    Ratking wrote: »

Is Zero fox like though, in the insane technical demand sense? or just that he can be played in a bunch of different ways? I appreciate Fox, because there is not a set way to play him really, any player with a different play style can make really good use of him (If you have the background, it's like comparing Silentwolf and Cactuar. Totally different Foxes, both good.), and turn him into their own. I don't really play a crazy button heavy fox, but I can when needed, in short bursts.

Also, would Zero/Dante/Vergil, or Wesker/Dante/Vergil be worth giving a shot? I'm trying to think of some more that have Wesker on point, but don't have Mags or Doom. Nothing against them for sure, just trying to feel some other stuff out. Also, Doom, as good as he felt sometimes, more often than not felt super clunky, which maybe I should get over, cause missiles seem insanely good.

I am totally aware of the being new and getting bodied. It's like that with ANY game, it just felt way worse with this one (I was switching between Marvel and SF one night, and was having way better results as a bad SF player than a bad Marvel player). Also the only person I really had to play with is actually pretty good, and plays the game fairly seriously. I have some bad friends, that I can learn to play attempt to develop neutral game against now though.

Zero can be played both defensively (constantly spamming busters in the air) or you can go in with him and subject your opponent to an endless amount of retarded mixups. The good Zero players seldom play the same way (unfortunately there are a ton of fraudulent Zero players out there). He can also be technical demanding, although his degree of technical demanding is frequently exaggerated.

As for Z/D/V and W/D/V I am not a big fan of the _____/Dante/Vergil shell for the simple reason that Dante with Rapid Slash alone isn't very strong and you will be restricting him as nothing but an assist-tier character unless you are playing an Dante/Vergil/______ or Dante/_____/Vergil team. I strongly believe that you are better off playing _____/Vergil/Dante since Vergil with Jam Session is at least decent and anchor Dante is underrated. But many will disagree with me, just try out the teams and see if you are happy with them.
    Post edited by scytheavatar on
  • Donavan BarrrettDonavan Barrrett Joined: Posts: 19
    What about Wolvie/Morrigan/Doom? 
    This is a team I've been playing around for a while.  It has worked really well.  Morrigan can give meter to Wolverine since he can't build in while in  Beserker Charge..also allowing her to have meter when she comes in  for Astral Vistion.  Missiles, while not the BEST assist for wolverine covers him pretty decent and extends his combos so that i can do the fatal claw loops.  Wolverine has like the best beginning of the match options so I try to get him to kill at least a character and a half...then even when you kill him. You have MorriDoom...which we all know is really good.  So what are the faults of this team...I like to think I'm really good with both Morrigan and Wolverine.  But I'd also love some insight on how the team could work together. Any reply helps! Thanks! 
    edited February 2013
    This is a team I've been playing around for a while.  It has worked really well.  Morrigan can give meter to Wolverine since he can't build in while in  Beserker Charge..also allowing her to have meter when she comes in  for Astral Vistion.  Missiles, while not the BEST assist for wolverine covers him pretty decent and extends his combos so that i can do the fatal claw loops.  Wolverine has like the best beginning of the match options so I try to get him to kill at least a character and a half...then even when you kill him. You have MorriDoom...which we all know is really good.  So what are the faults of this team...I like to think I'm really good with both Morrigan and Wolverine.  But I'd also love some insight on how the team could work together. Any reply helps! Thanks! 

if you ever end up losing that start of game momentum, and the opposing team can keep Wolvie out, they're going to be free to do whatever they want. Assuming they get a hit on you, they can also snap in doom and try to meaty him, leaving morrigan with a lack-luster Wolverine assist whatever it is.
    Post edited by CasualHero on
    UMvC3: A Team) Spidey/MODOK/Dr. Doom Testing: Dr. Strange/RR, Magneto/Sentinel/Dante
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭✭
    Ratking said:

there is nothing technical about zero. he is all execution, which you can grind out in the training mode.

at the end of the last year, i had a choice of either picking up dr. strange and getting good with his impact loop or learning zero. i chose zero, best choice i've made so far.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    The fundamental problem is how are you going to be able to combo off Wolverine's throw with just missiles?
    True.  I know most people build their whole team around Wolverine...but Morrigan is my main character that I use.  I put Wolverine on point because he's a good rushdown character. None of my other characters need X-Factor and Wolverine has an awesome level 1 x-factor guranteed to kill a character.  So that's how I usually combo off of his grab.  I have Wolverine basically as a way to get inside my opponents head and build a lot of meter.  I can usually rely on him to kill at least the first character.  If I'm not using Wolverine though,  what's a character that would fit better in that team.  Besides Vergil because I don't want to run team ChrisG.  And no Zero cause he's too fragile
    Hey, I'm bored and trying to find another team to mess around with. A lot of people in the tier thread were talking about VJoe/Storm so I figured eh, I'll mess around with it. Not to sure who I should run on anchor though. I've been thinking of messing around with Wackbot since Drones is a solid assist all around and a good combo-extender/lockdown for everyone, but he is wack, so any other assists for these two that work out? I'll throw anyone in the back too even if they're a shitty anchor, I'm just having some fun.
  • Robo SolRobo Sol PHD in Fraudology Joined: Posts: 209
    edited February 2013
    Hi there! I was wondering about team combos and some feedback to help out. I was thinking:

arthur(dags)/strange(Bob)/doom(mizzles) or doom/strange(eye)/arth

Trish(any)/Arthur(dags)/doom(missssssssssles) or arthur/trish/doom

And optional chars are task, akuma, wesk hawk.

My goal is to have pesky keep away and good mobility if possible. I just got back into my local scene and my marvel game is considerably outclassed cause I stopped playing serious a while back. I'm still meh to the game but I want to not get facerolled while also being able to play with my friends & having fun picking clever teams. also do better when I don't play to their gameplan and lame out and dodge face to face encounters.

Im competent with almost everyone i mentioned save doom who i always, always use but I'm still gotta get my feel again for some. one question I have is would I be fine with just space control assists or should I dabble in get off me chars (akuma/haggar)? I'm open to suggestions on any of topics.
    Post edited by Robo Sol on
    XBL: Robo Sol
    SoCal area
    Hey uhm...What about Morrigan/Dante/Doom...or Dante, Morrigan Doom.  How good is Dante without a meter assist. Would Dante or Magneto be a better option for the team? Any reply helps. Thanks :)
  • KareyoKareyo Joined: Posts: 22
    Hey guys im super new to the game but its incredibly interesting and im really enjoying playing it even though i dont know much about it lol
    i was wondering what you guys thought about my team
    Deadpool
    Hawkeye
    Virgil

was wondering if any one could help me out with some combos and such i just recently started playing it on the PS3 
    i dont have a fight stick or w.e its called i use a controller currently.

i watched a couple of the tournaments that happened recently and it seemed like most of the teams revolved around 
    Wolverine
    or 
    morigana 
    doom
    Virgil
  • Jonmrojas1991Jonmrojas1991 Joined: Posts: 4
    Guys, I need help.  I have been into UMvC3 on and off for about 6 months now, learning and growing.
    After I this time I haven't been able to settle down with a single team.  Now I'd like some of your imput.
    I'd like to start off by listing my strongest characters(on and individual basis): Dorm, Ghost Rider, Magnus, Doctor Strange,and Chris.
    Characters I'd love to run on Point: Spiderman (Most lab time), Jill(Less lab time), Viewtiful Joe(Least).
    Characters I'd rather not use mostly because I'm tired of seeing them: Doom, SentinelPhoenix, Zero, Spencer, and Vergil
    Now character synergy that I love:
    Spidy@web ball/Dorm@Dark hole Why? DHC into Stalking Flare after Maximum Spider and easy web throws mid combo after dark hole. Also web ball works well with Dorm tele-mix-ups.
    Spidy/ Shuma@Mystic Ray(OTG) Why? Leads to easy OGT from full screen after web throw that can then be connected with another web throw.
    Ghost Rider@ Hellfire (OTG)/ Dorm@Dark hole Why? Solid Ghost Rider Combo extension with dark hole. Also Dorm's combos benifit greatly from the OTG assist.
    Jill@Arrow Kick(Wall bounce)/Chris@Grenade toss (OTG) Why? The grenade toss correctly timed before Jill's DP light command throw allows for OTG. Also Jill's arrow kick is high damage added with Chris flamethrower into super is a solid way to end his combos.
    Jill/Viewtiful Joe@Shocking Pink (OTG) Why? Very same reason as above.  Allows for OTG after command throw.
    Problems I've had in the past: My favorite point characters have low health. Shuma is a really tough anchor. Finding characters that feel right with Magnus' assists and DHCs. Learning to hit confirm off assists/ Not just using assists for combo extension.

I don't know what to do! I can't decided anything! Please respond my knowledgeable friendlies!

• Jonmrojas1991Jonmrojas1991 Joined: Posts: 4
    Also I'd love to use Thor on point. He has high health but also he has pretty limited mobility. I don't know if any of my characters have good synergy with him.
    Iron Man as anchor would be sick too. Looking for synergy with him in that position as well.
    If you can't tell I'm really am open to any and all suggestion, these things I have listed are just what I have thought on the most.

Thank you so much :-)
    if you like Spidey/Dorm, just throw doom missiles in the back. You end up having a good shell of Dorm/Doom, full screen web throws, decent everything else.