A Litany of Hate: The Front Page Sucks

Comments

• Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    inafune
    Seriously, you only have to use goggle for like 3 minutes to find Tron and Zero are Inafune's own creations and his favorite 2 MM characters while Megaman and Megaman X he did not create.
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • MiyomeiMiyomei SonSon is top tier. Joined: Posts: 1,532
    I scanned through your post in a few minutes and found plenty of traces of bad editing. No thanks.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This is the only account I've had here?

One too many imo.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Really Pertho?
    I do believe i have a new hero on these here boards.
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • RenegadeRenegade Joined: Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm getting a guest editorial tonight, I'm hoping it ranks somewhere above utter putridity.

It's a near 3000 word editorial/commentary/theory fighter on everyone's new favorite trench coat.

I wrote it in a addarrall fueled "focus too intently on the wrong thing" haze when I should been working on my thesis.

There is some incorrect comma usage, conversational style sentences, and much too much outline format.
    http://rvatournaments.com/

Your one stop shop for RVA, Virginia, and East Coast Fighting game news and tournament updates.

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • RedbeardRedbeard Redbeard Senchou Joined: Posts: 3,317
    I'm getting a guest editorial tonight, I'm hoping it ranks somewhere above utter putridity.

It's a near 3000 word editorial/commentary/theory fighter on everyone's new favorite trench coat.

I wrote it in a addarrall fueled "focus too intently on the wrong thing" haze when I should been working on my thesis.

There is some incorrect comma usage, conversational style sentences, and much too much outline format.
    If you didn't write it in Hulk speak then I'm not reading that shit. I'm going to make a new thread in General Discussion bitching about how useless it is instead. Please note that I will not read your article before making the thread. That won't stop me from making a bitch bitch bitch post that's longer and probably not as well written (in Hulk speak). Bet I get at least 11 likes though.
    "Ships would not be intimidated by being boarded by Assbeard. The best he could ever do for a comeback, and maybe it would work, would be to call ol Red Beard a Red-Ass-Beard. Ginger ass pirate, along the lines of: "Does the sheet match the curtains?" - WTF-AKUMA-HAX
    Playstation Network: RedbeardSenchou
    League of Legends IGN: Redbeard Senchou
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,890
    UMvC3 Combo Video #93842904829048

OMG thisX1000

FUCK
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • Josh-TheFunkDOCJosh-TheFunkDOC Double Dutch! Joined: Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The UMvC3 stuff almost certainly gets the most traffic, and (total guess here) I'm not sure if maybe the writers get paid more for making a bunch of smaller posts rather than a roundup.

Also didn't Ogawa just get sponsored by eLive or someone? Besides, I think Fresh Lettuce just used "pro" as a synonym for "top player".
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-speedrunning - My live stream, mainly speedruns w/ some other stuff now and then
  • AzN_SkaterAzN_Skater I <3 Selena Joined: Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yo, all umvc3 combos look the same to me.

PS. I don't play that shit.
    "Take another deep breath, try to hit your reset, you know that I can relate." -- Selena Gomez
    I mained Urien in 2000 BC.
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,437
    Aww man, that post is awfully angry. If any of if I was an editor for SRK and read that, I would be sooooooooooo sad.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • AnemoneAnemone smug ass bitch Joined: Posts: 1,979
    That's literally what he made an article about, a direct response to him getting mad at a large portion of capcom's fanbase posting about how one of the most important and popular characters the company owns is not in the game and telling them to shut up even though it's very obvious he's not in the game for political reasons and not for an actual good one lol

None of what you said was true at all.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/52832/capcom-releases-lifetime-sales-of#

Megaman games sale an average of 233,333 per title.

Megaman doesn't even make the top 20 individual title sales.

Megaman is not as popular as Capcom fans like to pretend. If you took these numbers outside of Capcom and looked at the whole gaming industry, Megaman would look like a worse company mascot than any of Sony's wannabe mascots.
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 5,011
    If you like Mega Man, you like sucking dick.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Hero for fun Joined: Posts: 3,933
    I don't understand any of the complaints except for the one mentioning too many combo videos and maybe one article that I read of d3v's. The articles I chose to read were thought out and written well. So I say keep on moving don't stop now.

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

• OutkastOutkast Go Clippers Joined: Posts: 346
    Maybe they can design the front page different, so there is like a side panel for latest combo videos or something, so that they can still be highlighted, but keep the main front page for news and articles?
    http://8wayrun.com/
    Play Soul Calibur 5......
  • piskooooopiskooooo anime swag Joined: Posts: 4,386
    Maybe they can design the front page different, so there is like a side panel for latest combo videos or something, so that they can still be highlighted, but keep the main front page for news and articles?
    Having multiple sections for news, combo videos, tourneys, etc would be much better and much more organized than just cramming everything into one page. Right now the front page is literally just a clone of eventhubs which is ass backwards because eventhubs used to be the shit version of SRK.
  • AmishOpiateAmishOpiate Mega Slowbro. Joined: Posts: 1,650
    I think a little more consolidation and quality control would be a great idea; I check SRK pretty much every day, and I didn't see the competitive gaming article because it was washed away in a sea of Marvel 3 combo videos. I don't really like what is happening with the front page right now, tbh, but I guess this is what the leaders of this site want; all that I would ask is a little more care goes into editing and organizing the front page contributions, because right now there is just no separating the wheat from the chaff.
    "I'm sorry and I do understand your frustration."
    --Christian Svensson

• AmishOpiateAmishOpiate Mega Slowbro. Joined: Posts: 1,650

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to skip it ;).
    "I'm sorry and I do understand your frustration."
    --Christian Svensson

• Return of ShikiReturn of Shiki Your favorite game sucks Joined: Posts: 4,419
    Don't know what all the complaining is about.

I for one simply could not do without my daily dose of 12 articles that basically just link to random 2 minute YouTube videos of random players doing random combos with random characters in random games regardless of the quality, practicality, or relevance.
    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...
  • FivecFivec Joined: Posts: 238
    Who the fuck uses semicolons? Go on CNN.com and try to find me an article which uses a semicolon.
    It's kind of hilarious that that's a complaint.
  • SehnderSehnder Joined: Posts: 45
    I read the qualifications for the job and realized that I did not necessarily qualify for such a position.

Yeah, the "must be able to write more than three consecutive sentences without bringing up erections, abortions, or masturbation" requirement would be a challenge I reckon.

I echo the thoughts above that there is a good point hidden somewhere in your post, but you have done your message no favors with your presentation of it. Further, as Tataki pointed out, no matter how much you wish this site was dedicated to the most hardcore of the hardcore, it really isn't. Directly from the SRK facebook page.

Shoryuken.com is the largest fighting game community site on the web, and is the most authoritative voice for everything Street Fighter.

From the most current fighting game news, to forums, podcasts, product reviews, and more - Shoryuken.com is the complete site for fighting game players and enthusiasts.

Fighting game players is a pretty generous categorization. Maybe the whole source of your consternation (semicolons aside) is that you don't understand who the site is for.
  • Return of ShikiReturn of Shiki Your favorite game sucks Joined: Posts: 4,419
    Who the fuck uses semicolons?

I use them, but I'm an English major; you obviously are not
    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...
  • SuperkewlSuperkewl Pong Boom Joined: Posts: 123
    I use them, but I'm an English major; you obviously are not

I'm sorry, but you didn't end your sentence with a period.
    "I don't play video games, just fighting games." - Gootecks (in ''I got next'')
    lol.
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,082 mod
    Hopefully in time we'll get actual personality on the front page, because as it is now (and I hate to say this because I know Adam) but it's like someone cloned Keits six times and put them to work on the front page instead.

Ah well~
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,349
    Wesker: Not Overpowered

some1 needs to be fired...

*headdesk* >o<
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
  • JozhearJozhear vega all day Joined: Posts: 7,394
    Having multiple sections for news, combo videos, tourneys, etc would be much better and much more organized than just cramming everything into one page. Right now the front page is literally just a clone of eventhubs which is ass backwards because eventhubs used to be the shit version of SRK.
    I agree

If you look at sports news websites, They have main stories on the front page and sidebars full of different stories pertaining to different sports leagues.

You have front page with big news: IE, new characters / games / tournament results, and then on the sidebars, plenty of links for ppl interested in those games to look at. Otherwise the front page is redundant. The info is replaced too quickly and it's messy.

Also... i could really go without the articles about objectifying women and why "BALANCE DOESN'T MATTER"... i mean come on, really
  • Shadow Ace 50Shadow Ace 50 Chaos Control A hoe Joined: Posts: 2,377

The correct punctuation you are looking for is "did not" instead of "didn't".
    Prayer Changes Things-
    "Spades and Yu-Gi-Oh are pretty much the same game" -Big G.
    AE: Vega/Fuerte/DJ SFxT: Vega/King KOFXII: Kensou/King/Terry
  • KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,585
    I agree

If you look at sports news websites, They have main stories on the front page and sidebars full of different stories pertaining to different sports leagues.

You have front page with big news: IE, new characters / games / tournament results, and then on the sidebars, plenty of links for ppl interested in those games to look at. Otherwise the front page is redundant. The info is replaced too quickly and it's messy.

Also... i could really go without the articles about objectifying women and why "BALANCE DOESN'T MATTER"... i mean come on, really
    That "balance doesn't matter" article is extremely useful for semi-competitive players looking to improve.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,575
    That "balance doesn't matter" article is extremely useful for semi-competitive players looking to improve.
    I like where it says since you probably suck so your character choice doesn't matter.

I also liked where it talked about how you don't have to pick bad characters without addressing the fact that if a game is being updated over and over that characters who aren't viable should be given the tools to be viable instead of being ignored.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • JozhearJozhear vega all day Joined: Posts: 7,394
    no, that balance doesn't matter article really isn't useful, ESPECIALLY if you want to improve

want to know why? Balance does matter
  • KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,585
    I like where it says since you probably suck so your character choice doesn't matter.
    Guess what? For 99% of us, it's true. Complaining about matchups (more than just being salty) when there are things you can do to improve is ridiculous.
    I also liked where it talked about how you don't have to pick bad characters without addressing the fact that if a game is being updated over and over that characters who aren't viable should be given the tools to be viable instead of being ignored.
    I don't make the games, I just play them. I'm pretty sure this argument is a futile one on a website about competitive fighting games. Character gets buffed? Consider picking him up. Character gets nerfed? Weigh your experience with the character against the metagame and other factors to see if you should drop him. Or quit playing the game until a new patch or version comes out. These are the only arguments that matter from a competitive standpoint; the ones that answer "what can I do to win more?" Convincing me that your character is underpowered does NOTHING to change it.
    no, that balance doesn't matter article really isn't useful, ESPECIALLY if you want to improve

want to know why? Balance does matter
    If you blame your losses on the game you won't improve. This new hand-holding generation of "make my character better so I can win more" is disgusting. If there's a better character then play that character, quit playing, or quit bitching.

No shit balance matters but you can't do anything to change it and perfectly balanced games are not fun at all.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,082 mod
    Who said 'make my character so I can win more'?

How about 'make characters that don't suck or don't make retarded changes to characters who were already good to begin with'?
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,575
    Guess what? For 99% of us, it's true. Complaining about matchups (more than just being salty) when there are things you can do to improve is ridiculous.

I don't make the games, I just play them. I'm pretty sure this argument is a futile one on a website about competitive fighting games. Character gets buffed? Consider picking him up. Character gets nerfed? Weigh your experience with the character against the metagame and other factors to see if you should drop him. Or quit playing the game until a new patch or version comes out. These are the only arguments that matter from a competitive standpoint; the ones that answer "what can I do to win more?"
    I'm not saying that isn't true, most of the community is bad at these games, however these are the people who are going to be buying these games going forward. You have to give your customers what they want. If the character they like sucks at all levels of play why should they give you their money?

It's hard to pick up a character and learn them completely when the game is being patched so regularly. It takes a long time to switch and learn another character at the same level as your current character.

If everyone drops a character then they never get developed and we honestly won't know how good they are. Speaking from the perspective of a player who plays a character who other people think is garbage tier after his AE nerfs, I know that it isn't the case. I've done what I can do to develop this character to the extent that I have, and if I had dropped him after the announced nerfs last year he'd be considered garbage tier even by me.
    If you blame your losses on the game you won't improve. This new hand-holding generation of "make my character better so I can win more" is disgusting. If there's a better character then play that character, quit playing, or quit bitching.

No shit balance matters but you can't do anything to change it and perfectly balanced games are not fun at all.
    Do you really think Joz or myself has that mentality? When the developer is patching the game and there are legitimate gripes to be made you make them.

What games are perfectly balanced and also not objectively bad games? None. Anyways people don't want perfect balance. People were fine with the balance in SSFIV for instance and they are fine with the balance in a lot of older games. People would settle down with balance discussion if the game was no longer being updated, but it is, so it's easy to see why the topic is at the forefront of people's minds.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • DeltaKyakuDeltaKyaku terribad Joined: Posts: 704
    This
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?media/
    used to have its newest videos on a sidebar for the site. Now it doesn't. Hell if I know why.
  • BiGGDaddyCaneBiGGDaddyCane ☵☳☷☵☴☵☳☲☷☵ Joined: Posts: 932
    This
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?media/
    used to have its newest videos on a sidebar for the site. Now it doesn't. Hell if I know why.
    That shit was godlike, I miss that.
    " I'll stain my hands with your blood - Geese "
    KOF 98 Slugfest Dream Match Never Ends
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,890
    Right now the front page is literally just a clone of eventhubs which is ass backwards because eventhubs used to be the shit version of SRK.

At least eventhubs has useful information sometimes.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,888 mod
    Yeah tbh I check eventhubs to find results for majors, which is 1 more reason I have to check eventhubs front page over SRK's front page, which I currently have no reason to read. In fact a lot of the time I can't find tournament results on SRK at all anymore. It doesn't seem like people update results threads with any consistency anymore.
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • mysticspheremysticsphere Lover of Cakes Joined: Posts: 746
    Eventhubs is a lot easier and faster to read and to comment, plus they get all their shit first. I check eventhubs for any news, but srk has the best forums.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Who said 'make my character so I can win more'?

How about 'make characters that don't suck or don't make retarded changes to characters who were already good to begin with'?

For realz. Should my moves ever whiff on an opponent that is just standing there? I mean, totally go through the GUY. Or should I just have a move that does everything as a poke, from AA to punishing sweeps from full range, like a BOSS?
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/